PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Coastal

PaladinFan
October 8th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I didn't like the way that game smelled the first day it was announced. Playing an upset minded team at home is one thing, but on the road is a different ball game.

Great game. Well played. Congrats.

ps. You sealed your fate when you visit Paladin Stadium, though. Ask Western how much fun that payback was :smiley_wi See ya next go around.

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 09:22 AM
it was a nice win for the Chants

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14666

:)

Chants '07
October 8th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I LOVE IT, already anticipating NEXT YEAR! Just like S.C. State and ask them what happened the second time around!!!

We're losing 40 seniors this year, but don't think we will be intimidated when we come to paladin stadium! This ain't WESTERN!

Death Dealer
October 8th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I LOVE IT, already anticipating NEXT YEAR! Just like S.C. State and ask them what happened the second time around!!!

We're losing 40 seniors this year, but don't think we will be intimidated when we come to paladin stadium! This ain't WESTERN!

This isn't the smack board so I'll keep it brief...you beat us, good job....won't happen again....ever! You can count on it!:thumbsup:

carney2
October 8th, 2006, 11:25 AM
No doubt about this week's Most Significant Loss.

OL FU
October 8th, 2006, 02:45 PM

That's ok,

cuz we aint' Charleston Southern:smiley_wi

Good game. You beat us fair and square:nod:

bodoyle
October 8th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the congratulations guys.

First game I have been able to make the 1000 mile trip for in a while. Couldn't gave timed it better.

Not to smack: I think furman et all now know about Perk. When he flattened the two defenders early on, I was rolling! Well more like screaming "Ohhhhhh wear it" xlolx

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 06:58 AM

First game I have been able to make the 1000 mile trip for. Couldn't gave timed it better.

Not to smack: I think furman et all now know about Perk. When he flattened the two defenders early on, I was rolling! Well more like screaming "Ohhhhhh wear it" xlolx

Perk:confused:

Thigpen to your Jerome did us in

SoCon48
October 9th, 2006, 08:57 AM

First game I have been able to make the 1000 mile trip for. Couldn't gave timed it better.

Felton and Gipson had over 200 yds between them. Somebody got their azzes knocked down in the process.
What were you screaming when Thig got his azz sacked two times??

Dabnus Brickey
October 9th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I worry only about one stat. Besides, I have tons of respect for Furman. They're the measuring stick. You might beat us head to head next year, but when we join the SoCon, you'll never be able to out-recruit us.

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2006, 09:11 AM
I worry only about one stat. Besides, I have tons of respect for Furman. They're the measuring stick. You might beat us head to head next year, but when we join the SoCon, you'll never be able to out-recruit us.

No offense intended, but Furman will probably recruit just as well. We take a ton of guys out of the Atlanta area where CCU probably has little presence. Furman gets quality players even though they are in close proximity of a plethora of football schools. Believe it or not, most of the Furman Paladin football team is made up of Georgians.

Right now, it doesnt matter. The Chants aren't in the SoCon.

bodoyle
October 9th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Felton and Gipson had over 200 yds between them. Somebody got their azzes knocked down in the process.
What were you screaming when Thig got his azz sacked two times??

No but I was screaming at 29-27 and when he ran on 3rd down a few times and moved the chains. :rotateh: :nod: :) xlolx

bodoyle
October 9th, 2006, 09:26 AM
No offense intended, but Furman will probably recruit just as well. We take a ton of guys out of the Atlanta area where CCU probably has little presence. Furman gets quality players even though they are in close proximity of a plethora of football schools. Believe it or not, most of the Furman Paladin football team is made up of Georgians.

Right now, it doesnt matter. The Chants aren't in the SoCon.

You are right there paladin. You guys have a pipeline hooked up to that damn area. ;)

Chants '07
October 9th, 2006, 09:40 AM
We actually have 10 guys from GA, I know Furman has more but of the ones we have 82,40,28,18,51 and 36 saw playing time saturday .....

6. Mario Tynes DB Fr./Fr. 5-11 170 Atlanta, Ga./Stephenson

18 Scott Fambrough TE Fr./Fr. 6-3 220 Dunwoody, Ga./Greater Atlanta Christian

28 Travis Cain DB Sr./Sr. 6-0 195 Kennesaw, Ga,/Harrison

36 Dominique Davenport DB Fr./Fr. 5-11 190 Bonaire, Ga./Warner Robins

40 Mike Tolbert FB Jr./Jr. 5-10 240 Douglasville, GA/Douglas County

51 Chase Howe LB Jr./So. 5-11 210 Duluth, Ga./Wesleyan

54 Jermaine Clemons LB So./Fr. 6-1 230 Valdosta, Ga./Lowndes

82 Santini Washington WR Jr./Jr. 5-11 185 Jonesboro, Ga./Lovejoy

96 Clarence Donley DE So./So. 6-4 260 Loganville, Ga./Loganville

Brandon Whitley WR Fr./Fr. 6-4 190 Augusta, Ga./Glenn Hills

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 09:44 AM

:eyebrow:

You know I hate to do this on a Congratulations thread.

But you assume that more people want to go to the beach than go to a one of the top rated private institutions in the country. :eyebrow: You can have those recruits:p

Please don't make me regret the support that I have given CCU over the last year.

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 09:56 AM
No doubt about this week's Most Significant Loss.

Seems like Furman manages at least one of those per year:o

CoastalFan2005
October 9th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Please don't make me regret the support that I have given CCU over the last year.

As I usually say, don't let your disagreement with one fan ruin your opinion of the whole group. :D

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 10:05 AM
As I usually say, don't let your disagreement with one fan ruin your opinion of the whole group. :D

Let me count before I agree:D

PS as I said, earlier

Other than the final score, I had a wonderful time in the greater UCLA area:nod:

chantster
October 9th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Reliable source said Coastal was hosting appx 75 recruits for the Furman game.

I hope most of them like what they saw over the weekend.

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Let me count before I agree:D

PS as I said, earlier

Other than the final score, I had a wonderful time in the greater UCLA area:nod:

Daggum, there's three. See, over here people refer to UCLA as the "upper corner of lower Alabama." :rotateh:

bodoyle
October 9th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Reliable source said Coastal was hosting appx 75 recruits for the Furman game.

I hope most of them like what they saw over the weekend.

I was guessing 100. There were so many goddamn recruits at that game it was ridiculous. When I was walking into the stadium the line of recruits was longer then the line for the fans to enter the stadium. I guess that is a good thing.:nod:

bodoyle
October 9th, 2006, 10:51 AM

You know I hate to do this on a Congratulations thread.

But you assume that more people want to go to the beach than go to a one of the top rated private institutions in the country. :eyebrow: You can have those recruits:p

Good point, but I think that you can use the beach as a huge point of interest rather then the loan selling point. Some of the students that are at CCU are there for the beach. no doubt, but when I went there it was just an added bonus.

Just as an example fu and ccu are recruiting Sam Smith from Fayetteville, NC (didnt use ga since we both have lots of players from there) Sam likes the academics and tradition at fu, sam likes the increasing popularity of football at ccu and sees that in the past few years ccu's academics is really on the rise especially with the student-athletes. Sam sees where fu is located and likes it, sam sees that ccu is 9miles west of the ocean...........

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Good point, but I think that you can use the beach as a huge point of interest rather then the loan selling point. Some of the students that are at CCU are there for the beach. no doubt, but when I went there it was just an added bonus.

Just as an example fu and ccu are recruiting Sam Smith from Fayetteville, NC (didnt use ga since we both have lots of players from there) Sam likes the academics and tradition at fu, sam likes the increasing popularity of football at ccu and sees that in the past few years ccu's academics is really on the rise especially with the student-athletes. Sam sees where fu is located and likes it, sam sees that ccu is 9miles west of the ocean...........

I fully understand that different recruits (students) go to different schools for different reasons. There are certain majors that would preclude someone from being interested in Furman.

I only made the comment because a poster said we would never out recruit you. :eyebrow: and even if that was a possibility, never is a long. long time. :smiley_wi

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2006, 11:47 AM
I just think it's a moot point. Furman is in its 101st year of football, Coastal 4th? They could probably go after the same guys, but I doubt that there will be much significant overlap.

OL FU is right, Furman's academics are a huge sticking point with a lot of parents. Many moms and dads would rather see their boy go for academics over beach trips.

Not saying we won't lose recruits to CCU, but to say there is no way we will out-recruit you is talking out of your rear. Don't let a win go too far in your head.

SoCon48
October 9th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I fully understand that different recruits (students) go to different schools for different reasons. There are certain majors that would preclude someone from being interested in Furman.

I only made the comment because a poster said we would never out recruit you. :eyebrow: and even if that was a possibility, never is a long. long time. :smiley_wi

Plus, Ol FU, Furman has to be concerned about little details like SAT scores, HS gpa, class rank, etc. :smiley_wi

GGASU
October 9th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Sam sees where fu is located and likes it, sam sees that ccu is 9miles west of the ocean...........

Not to mention the 500+ strip clubs in a 10 mile radius. :rotateh:

bodoyle
October 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Not to mention the 500+ strip clubs in a 10 mile radius. :rotateh:

If you have ever been to one down there you would know that is not a selling point because they are fugly, hogly etc.

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 03:05 PM
PS :thumbsup: on the blonde doing all the contest stuff:nod:

If I had known, I would have entered:D

Dabnus Brickey
October 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I'm having a hard time with the fact that most of what you have said, OL FU, because it sounds a lot like sour grapes. I only put up a theory about what I forsee in the future. Its common knowledge that most of the Southern Conference doesn't want us in. We like the role we're playing right now AND since we just beat you...easy on the history lesson... CCU 1 and Furman 0...that's a current events lesson.

kirkblitz
October 9th, 2006, 06:40 PM
"CCU 1 and Furman 0...that's a current events lesson"

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :thumbsup:

matfu
October 9th, 2006, 06:47 PM
..i would love to play coastal in the playoffs this year. of course you guys self-destructed last year and didn't make the playoffs. granted you all won, but it largely came down to your 4th and 8 TD pass to simpson. you have to be real careful when you get good enough to make the playoffs year in and year out...because you might have to play folks twice in the same season. congrats on beating furman on a "given night" and on moving up to 26th in the poll.

rokamortis
October 9th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Hey guys - don't forget we have to play them next year. :read:

rokamortis
October 9th, 2006, 06:50 PM
We don't need to gloat. Treat this as a big win for the program and move on, people don't like sore winners.

matfu
October 9th, 2006, 07:03 PM
i forgot about that...you all playing us next year. i think we would beat you 7 out of 10 times this year...but hey, congrats on doing what it took to beat us. injuries unfortunately are part of the game. i predict furman will win out except for app state.

Coastal89
October 9th, 2006, 07:08 PM
i forgot about that...you all playing us next year. i think we would beat you 7 out of 10 times this year...but hey, congrats on doing what it took to beat us. injuries unfortunately are part of the game. i predict furman will win out except for app state.
Mat, now I have to say this. Your QB got hurt but that's only 1 player. Coastal had 14 starterd miss the game due to injuries, so get over it. It's a team sport and our team stepped up.

kirkblitz
October 9th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Hey guys - don't forget we have to play them next year. :read:

This could turn into a really good long term series. I cant wait.

Death Dealer
October 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I'm having a hard time with the fact that most of what you have said, OL FU, because it sounds a lot like sour grapes. I only put up a theory about what I forsee in the future. Its common knowledge that most of the Southern Conference doesn't want us in. We like the role we're playing right now AND since we just beat you...easy on the history lesson... CCU 1 and Furman 0...that's a current events lesson.

Man you guys are some smack talking MOFO's!

Anyway, I don't know if you guys want into the SOCON or not. It seems like your program is heading in the right direction. I was down that way this summer and the stadium looked nice. Had to miss the game last week because my wife is due any minute and I didn't want to have to drive back from the beach to see my son born!xlolx Glad I didn't make the attempt now.

But damn, lay off my dins. This whole thread was started by an FU fan trying to say 'grats on the win. You guys want to talk ****, show some class and start a new thread...don't do it on the same freakin' thread where a guy was trying to be gracious to you about a nice win.

As far as recruiting goes, sure you guys are gonna have more options for recruiting than us. Hell, my Chocolate Lab could score well enough on the SAT to get into Coastal. :nod:

CoastalFan2005
October 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Agreed, lay off the smack...not just CCU fans, but everyone. We're glad to have won and I know I'm looking forward to hopefully playing you guys every year or every few years. Good luck in the rest of your season.

Death Dealer
October 9th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Agreed, lay off the smack...not just CCU fans, but everyone. We're glad to have won and I know I'm looking forward to hopefully playing you guys every year or every few years. Good luck in the rest of your season.

:hurray: xsmileyclapx :hurray: Amen CFan....:( sorry about the SAT wisecrack, I got pissed for second...my little bro went to CCU and I'm very proud of him for the work he did while he was there. I think a regular meeting between us could become another great in-state rivalry for both teams. And I do hope you guys make the playoffs this year so we can get a shot at some paybacks.:D

Like I said in my earlier post, I don't know if you guys really want to be in the SOCON, but I for one would welcome you there when you get ready to make a move.....I'd as soon see you guys there as have ETSU come stumbling back in.:nod: I'm not really sure why so many of the SOCON fans here seem to have such a hard-on for keeping you guys out. By the way, I probably didn't make myself very many friends among my SOCON compatriots with a statement like that.

CoastalFan2005
October 9th, 2006, 09:50 PM
:hurray: xsmileyclapx :hurray: Amen CFan....:( sorry about the SAT wisecrack, I got pissed for second...my little bro went to CCU and I'm very proud of him for the work he did while he was there. I think a regular meeting between us could become another great in-state rivalry for both teams. And I do hope you guys make the playoffs this year so we can get a shot at some paybacks.:D

Like I said in my earlier post, I don't know if you guys really want to be in the SOCON, but I for one would welcome you there when you get ready to make a move.....I'd as soon see you guys there as have ETSU come stumbling back in.:nod: I'm not really sure why so many of the SOCON fans here seem to have such a hard-on for keeping you guys out. By the way, I probably didn't make myself very many friends among my SOCON compatriots with a statement like that.

Eh, it's all good, :) . As for a regular meeting between our teams...I think that would be a pretty good rivalry.

For me, whether or not we move to the SoCon depends on what direction the Big South takes in the next few years. I have a feeling that if we're offered an invite soon, we're probably going to take it. If the Big South begins to take major strides to improvement...we may just stick around. Of course, it also depends on what teams enter/leave the conference. We've got a pretty good school in Presbyterian coming in. Hopefully, the Big South will get off its arse and start to really truly commit to great things.

As for why people want to keep us out...who knows. But I find it interesting that a 4th year football program (on occasion) draws so much ire.

The Gadfly
October 9th, 2006, 09:51 PM
WOW ... this turned into a VICIOUS COCK FIGHT didn't it? I have to say that if this game was played @ Furman it would have PROBABLY been a whole lot different. But you have to understand that Brooks Stadium has some sorta Voodoo going on there. It was a GREAT game, we won, 1100 is the average SAT, and we do not have a HIGH SCHOOL program.

Dabnus Brickey
October 9th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Good point, Gadfly.

PaladinFan
October 10th, 2006, 08:23 AM
As for why people want to keep us out...who knows. But I find it interesting that a 4th year football program (on occasion) draws so much ire.

It's because your fans don't stop running their mouths.

The Southern Conference is top of the heap in prestigous long standing IAA conferences, and Coastal fans have managed to annoy just about everyone.

This conference is one about deep seated rivalries that often go back 50-75 years or more. However, the common thread is that all of the teams have a mutual respect for one another and when congratulations are given after a win, the victors are supposed to take it graciously instead of spouting off.

OL FU
October 10th, 2006, 08:28 AM

Then you sir, need to take a reading comprehension course:p :D .

Dabnus Brickey
October 10th, 2006, 09:50 AM
That doesn't make any sense...

kirkblitz
October 10th, 2006, 11:01 AM

The Southern Conference is top of the heap in prestigous long standing IAA conferences, and Coastal fans have managed to annoy just about everyone.

This conference is one about deep seated rivalries that often go back 50-75 years or more. However, the common thread is that all of the teams have a mutual respect for one another and when congratulations are given after a win, the victors are supposed to take it graciously instead of spouting off.

I guess taking down two top 5 teams in 2 years isnt something to brag about? The tv broadcast did kill call us giant killers...

OL FU
October 10th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I guess taking down two top 5 teams in 2 years isnt something to brag about? The tv broadcast did kill call us giant killers...

You learn to win graciously and lose graciously.

Otherwise you just turn into another Appalachian State. :smiley_wi

PaladinFan
October 10th, 2006, 11:44 AM

Brag all you want, just not on a thread where the purpose was congratulations. You won two big games against two bigtime schools in two years, however you also have losses to Elon and CSU on those resumes. Remember that the top teams of the SoCon win two or three games against top calibre competition every year.

Be happy, you won. But just know when to shut your trap.

MarkCCU
October 10th, 2006, 12:10 PM
You learn to win graciously and lose graciously.

Otherwise you just turn into another Appalachian State

Be happy, you won. But just know when to shut your trap

Yep, I hope y'all don't change your view of Coastal to a worst one b/c of some fans gloating too much. At the end of the day, a win is a win and Furman lost, probably would've beat us if y'alls boy didn't leave but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Great game played by both teams, I cannot wait to go to G Vegas next year, meet up with all of you, and my FU grad uncle and watch this showdown. SC State and FU will be looking for some revenge, and I can't wait.

Death Dealer
October 10th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Great game played by both teams, I cannot wait to go to G Vegas next year, meet up with all of you, and my FU grad uncle and watch this showdown. SC State and FU will be looking for some revenge, and I can't wait.

You and your uncle can come drink a few cold ones with me and my CCU grad brother. I think this could evolve over time into a really good rivalry.

I do sometimes wish a few of the CCU fans weren't such big smack talkers, but hey, it makes for a fun read. A little more graciousness would help develop a good respectable rivalry. I don't blame some of the CCU guys though over their enthusiasm....when I first learned you guys were gonna field a F'ball team, I told my brother to be prepared for some long years of losing....and the program has come along really well so quickly. That sort of quick success breeds enthusiasm. It just needs to be tempered in some of the less mature fans...that's all. Exubrence of youth maybe? Hell, I'm excited for you, just wish we weren't one of the giants you killed. Couldn't you have waited 'till you played Appy?xlolx

furman94
October 10th, 2006, 12:36 PM

FU!!!!!!!!!:shakingmad: :anim_chai :shakingmad: : flamemad :anim_chai :shakingmad:

CoastalFan2005
October 10th, 2006, 10:36 PM

Well, like I said in an earlier post, it's easy to lump us all together. Not that I'm saying you've accused me of this, but I personally haven't gotten cocky about this win. It was a huge win for our program and a more significant (although less thrilling) win than the JMU game last year. I'm glad to have the win and I wish Furman nothing but good luck the rest of the season.

I'm sorry you feel annoyed by Coastal fans. I sometimes feel annoyed by certain ASU fans, but I don't let that affect my opinion of the whole lot. Many, if not most, fans from the school I just mentioned are actually extremely knowledgeable and offer great points of discussion.

I understand how you feel about "spouting off." I just hope that rather than condemn us all, we can continue to use this board (and this thread) for discussion, rather than an ongoing flame war over a superb game that happened almost 3 days ago. :nod: :D :rotateh:

rokamortis
October 11th, 2006, 05:21 AM
I agree with CoastalFan2005. Not to continue the insanity, but does anyone here think that ALL Furman fans would have been gracious after the win and not talked any smack? I know people like to be holier than thou but you should also be realistic.

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2006, 06:32 AM
I don't think anyone has a problem with you feeling good about a win.

Some of the other teams, IMO, have earned a right. Furman, ASU, and Georgia Southern all have a lot of rings from Southern Conference and national championships. To date, I believe Coastal has a split conference championship in the Big South.

rokamortis
October 11th, 2006, 06:37 AM

Some of the other teams, IMO, have earned a right. Furman, ASU, and Georgia Southern all have a lot of rings from Southern Conference and national championships. To date, I believe Coastal has a split conference championship in the Big South.

Coastal has an outright championship from 2004 and a co-championship in 2005.

I know that Furman has a lot of rings, that makes our win even more special :nod: . I am all for respect, but just because we are a four year program doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to represent after a win and also make some of those smack talkers pay for all of the crap said pre-game. Respect works both ways.

OL FU
October 11th, 2006, 07:01 AM
I agree with CoastalFan2005. Not to continue the insanity, but does anyone here think that ALL Furman fans would have been gracious after the win and not talked any smack? I know people like to be holier than thou but you should also be realistic.

Absolutely

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Not:smiley_wi

CSU BUCS
October 11th, 2006, 07:07 AM

I was a coastal supporter untill I ran acrosss this forum.

Not Anymore

OL FU
October 11th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Coastal has every right to be proud and every right to brag.
I got my feelings hurt some and maybe Dabnus is correct, Maybe some of it is sour grapes. I don't think so because I have been a big cheerleader for CCU and plan to continue to be.

Also, let's be honest. It is a congratulatory thread and that is what has pissed we Paladins off. But on the other hand the first two Paladin posts said Congratulations on beating us get ready to get smacked next year and you will never beat us again. :eyebrow: :D Best intentions but maybe we were a little guilty of back handed compliments.

CCU has made a great start. I think 99% of the CCU posters realize how rare something like their success is and how fortunate they are to have it. I think they also realize that programs are not built in four years

The main point is that it was an enjoyable football experience (except for the score). CCU has created a great atmosphere among the spanish moss covered live oaks and Waccamaw (sp) river. Attractive campus, good fans, great facility and great team. I felt very welcome at the game.

As far as the series, Coastal is one of the few programs that we have played and not beaten. We can now look forward to next year when they will not be able to wear all black:smiley_wi

Coastal89
October 11th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Compared to the smack that's been thrown in our directiom om this site over the past 3 years, our smack is pretty mild. I think someones feelings get hurt too easily.

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Nothing wrong with smack. There's a whole forum for it. Just not this one.

OL FU sums it up, as usual.

Dabnus Brickey
October 11th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Honestly, if CSU doesn't support CCU...I could care less. I'm not much for predictions and that stuff or even trying to hurt people's feelings, but CSU just better keep quiet when it comes to CCU. Reckoning Day at Coastal on November 18th is coming soon. No one at CCU wants your support, so save your breath. Sit back and enjoy half your championship, wear half your ring and celebrate...halfway. Have a good game against Edward Waters, since you've beaten powerhouses; Presbyterian (DII), The Citadel (1-5), North Greenville (DII), Wingate (DII), Miller Motte Business School, Columbia College, and Trident Technical School. Maybe you should schedule some local high schools to improve your strength of schedule!!!

You can't spell "SUCKS" without CSU.

OL FU
October 11th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Honestly, if CSU doesn't support CCU...I could care less. I'm not much for predictions and that stuff or even trying to hurt people's feelings, but CSU just better keep quiet when it comes to CCU. Reckoning Day at Coastal on November 18th is coming soon. No one at CCU wants your support, so save your breath. Sit back and enjoy half your championship, wear half your ring and celebrate...halfway. Have a good game against Edward Waters, since you've beaten powerhouses; Presbyterian (DII), The Citadel (1-5), North Greenville (DII), Wingate (DII), Miller Motte Business School, Columbia College, and Trident Technical School. Maybe you should schedule some local high schools to improve your strength of schedule!!!

Oh hell on second thought.

:mad: :D

FUwolfpacker
October 11th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Point is, most everyone on this thread (except for a few), just need to chill out and move on. Which is kinda the point OL FU made I guess...I'm just not as good with words as he is:) .

Please, from now on try to keep to the thread topic which is saying congrats to Coastal on their win. And since the game was 3+ days ago, this thread should be dying as I type:nod: . Time for everyone to move on people! Our teams have other games to play!

No more smack in here please:nono: (especially not b/w CSU and CCU;) )

MarkCCU
October 11th, 2006, 11:21 AM

and two RIngs

MarkCCU
October 11th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Once again, y'all that are around know that not every CCU/FU/GSU/AppState poster speaks for the entire fan base and should be judged soley on thier own posts. THere are a lot of GSU posters on here that annoy me, but there are some good ones. Furman posters(mainly OL FU b/c he's the only one that really posts regulary) are good. CSU BUCS isn't too bad, though he needs to change his sig to say Co Champs, lol. Citdawg is probably the most arrogant poster on here. I love you all, XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

MarkCCU

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Point is, most everyone on this thread (except for a few), just need to chill out and move on. Which is kinda the point OL FU made I guess...I'm just not as good with words as he is:) .

Please, from now on try to keep to the thread topic which is saying congrats to Coastal on their win. And since the game was 3+ days ago, this thread should be dying as I type:nod: . Time for everyone to move on people! Our teams have other games to play!

No more smack in here please:nono: (especially not b/w CSU and CCU;) )

Fun killer.

OL FU
October 11th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Once again, y'all that are around know that not every CCU/FU/GSU/AppState poster speaks for the entire fan base and should be judged soley on thier own posts. THere are a lot of GSU posters on here that annoy me, but there are some good ones. Furman posters(mainly OL FU b/c he's the only one that really posts regulary) are good. CSU BUCS isn't too bad, though he needs to change his sig to say Co Champs, lol. Citdawg is probably the most arrogant poster on here. I love you all, XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

MarkCCU

Furman posters seem to be picking up:nod: which is a good thing.
Also, a much much better group this year than the ones that popped in last year, Wolfpack, Paladinfan, Andrew and others:bow:

Citdogs is still pissed about losing the war of Northern Aggression:D

and losing to Furman most years

Dabnus Brickey
October 11th, 2006, 11:58 AM
That was funny OL!!!

MarkCCU
October 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Furman posters seem to be picking up:nod: which is a good thing.
Also, a much much better group this year than the ones that popped in last year, Wolfpack, Paladinfan, Andrew and others:bow:

Citdogs is still pissed about losing the war of Northern Aggression:D

and losing to Furman most years

Yeah, there are some more Furman boys on the site now. I think there are only a few frequent CCU poster.

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Not to continue the insanity, but does anyone here think that ALL Furman fans would have been gracious after the win and not talked any smack? I know people like to be holier than thou but you should also be realistic.

I honestly don't think they would...although I must say, and I've said it before, I wish some of the SOCON folks would lay off of CCU on the question of whether they deserve or even want to join our conference. But as far as the win goes, I'd like to believe that if we had won and a CCU fan had started a thread to congratulate us, that no FU poster would use it as a launching pad for a smack-fest.....I know I wouldn't, and I'm sure OL FU, Paladinfan,and Wolfpack wouldn't (those guys are class acts).

Besides I love your mascot avatar...who knew a chicken could look so damn mean! Especially the flaming one that one of you guys uses as his sig...that is pretty cool looking. xlolx seriously.

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Almost like having an Avatar of a Molly Hatchet album cover turned battle cry of Furman football fans everywhere?

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Almost like having an Avatar of a Molly Hatchet album cover turned battle cry of Furman football fans everywhere?

That's old school PFan....back when I was there, everyone had a poster of the Death Dealer in there rooms...it was actually done up by the school one year. I don't know if they still do it, but when I was there, right before game time, when both teams are in the locker room, the dins would all go totally quiet and everyone would bang their helmets on the floor to the cadence of hoof beats....it would send chills down your spine. :nod:

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2006, 01:27 PM
I am still awaiting the game where he reappears.

FUwolfpacker
October 11th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Maybe you should dress up as the Death Dealer pfan. We could get you up on the pressbox roof and everything:)

CSU BUCS
October 11th, 2006, 05:01 PM

You're a class actxsmileyclapx

Chants '07
October 11th, 2006, 05:37 PM
NOVEMBER 18, 2006

BENTON FIELD @ BROOKS STADIUM

WE GAVE YOU ONE CHAMPIONSHIP...LETS SEE U TRY TO TAKE THIS ONE!

rokamortis
October 11th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Sorry for helping take this thread to an entire different direction ...

I hope both teams win out from here on out until we meet. That will be one crazy ass game atmosphere.

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Sorry for helping take this thread to an entire different direction ...

I hope both teams win out from here on out until we meet. That will be one crazy ass game atmosphere.

You know that's right, brother!:nod: :nod: :nod:

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2006, 09:36 PM
In all seriousness, if Coastal and Furman both make the playoffs (which CCU very well may do if they run the table) then I wouldn't be shocked to see the Chants get sent to Greenville in the opening round. I mean, how much fun would that be?

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 09:40 PM
In all seriousness, if Coastal and Furman both make the playoffs (which CCU very well may do if they run the table) then I wouldn't be shocked to see the Chants get sent to Greenville in the opening round. I mean, how much fun would that be?
Oh God, please, please, please!:xmas: :hyped: Of course, if we don't iron out the kinks with our pass coverage, it might be a moot point. :confused:

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I think we'd see a huge CCU contingent make the trip.....would make for an exciting game. That might have the potential to set some attendence records for 'din stadium. :nod:

CoastalFan2005
October 11th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I think we'd see a huge CCU contingent make the trip.....would make for an exciting game. That might have the potential to set some attendence records for 'din stadium. :nod:

If this situation were to occur (and I hate talking about it, because I don't want to jinx us), I feel confident that CCU would bring a HUGE amount of fans, considering it would not only be our first ever football postseason game, but also it would be against an in-state opponent.

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 10:42 PM
If this situation were to occur (and I hate talking about it, because I don't want to jinx us), I feel confident that CCU would bring a HUGE amount of fans, considering it would not only be our first ever football postseason game, but also it would be against an in-state opponent.

Well then let's both win out and make it happen!:thumbsup:

OLDLCOACH111
October 11th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I feel the same way about Charleston southern schedule. I can't help but to criticize the teams they play. To tell you the truth, I do not like coastal Carolina at all, BUT!! I do respect how they play competition wise, and what they do for the overall exposure of the big south conference. liberty,VMI and Gardner Webb are also trying to step the bar up by playing harder top 25 competiton and scheduling 1a teams. The weak schedule that Charleston southern has does nothing for our conference that is trying to prove ourselves and hoping to get an invite to the playoffs, since we have no automatic bid. Charleston Southern did have a surprise year last season but playing weak competition like that (competition as a whole not individually) earns no respect.

ASU Kep
October 11th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Well then let's both win out and make it happen!:thumbsup:

Nooooooo...we want CCU back up here this year!

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 10:59 PM

Ah come on Kep! Let us get some payback.

chantster
October 11th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Coastal has every right to be proud and every right to brag.
I got my feelings hurt some and maybe Dabnus is correct, Maybe some of it is sour grapes. I don't think so because I have been a big cheerleader for CCU and plan to continue to be.

Also, let's be honest. It is a congratulatory thread and that is what has pissed we Paladins off. But on the other hand the first two Paladin posts said Congratulations on beating us get ready to get smacked next year and you will never beat us again. :eyebrow: :D Best intentions but maybe we were a little guilty of back handed compliments.

CCU has made a great start. I think 99% of the CCU posters realize how rare something like their success is and how fortunate they are to have it. I think they also realize that programs are not built in four years

The main point is that it was an enjoyable football experience (except for the score). CCU has created a great atmosphere among the spanish moss covered live oaks and Waccamaw (sp) river. Attractive campus, good fans, great facility and great team. I felt very welcome at the game.

As far as the series, Coastal is one of the few programs that we have played and not beaten. We can now look forward to next year when they will not be able to wear all black:smiley_wi

OL FU,

Good post, and I understand where you are coming from.

I won't apologize for my retorts to show up someone that was smacking, and then have them come at me telling me it was all in fun because their initial posts made them look stupid.

I also felt congrats from some of the Furman posters had negative attachments. I rather they didn't congtaulate us and go their own way and worry about next week.

Here it is, 4 days after the game, and some still haven't gotten over it.

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 11:14 PM

Dude, you are way late with that post....this thread has taken a totally different direction. We're already planning the post-season re-match. A little premature? Maybe, but it's still fun!xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx come on and join the fun.

The Gadfly
October 11th, 2006, 11:33 PM
You've got to respect a top 10 school who has the BALLS to come into Hooters now. ASU....want to get a Brooks babtism? I have been to almost every college in the state and Furman has to be the most beautiful. I can't wait to see the blooms next year. Good luck with the rest of the season (and beat the livin' crap out of Tweetsy Tech :thumbsup: )

kirkblitz
October 11th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Wasnt coastal expected to play furman in the playoffs last year if they had made it?

FUwolfpacker
October 12th, 2006, 12:00 AM
OL FU,

Good post, and I understand where you are coming from.

I won't apologize for my retorts to show up someone that was smacking, and then have them come at me telling me it was all in fun because their initial posts made them look stupid.

I also felt congrats from some of the Furman posters had negative attachments. I rather they didn't congtaulate us and go their own way and worry about next week.

Chantser, you are apologizing for posts you made in the smack forum, not here. No real reason to apologize for that, but as for as the posts you are referring to, I believe you are referring to paladinfan's posts. You don't have to believe me, but he was my roommate last year and fraternity brother for 4 years....he was kidding:nod: . Like I said, you don't have to believe me though:cool: .

Some of the "congrats" posts have been backhanded compliments:nono: , and I hate that as much as you. But as DD said, you're a little late with that post. I believe the majority of people, on both sides, have moved on (at least I hope...).

We're busy messing with the Bellhops, and the couple of CSU fans are trying to pick a fight with you guys. Time for everyong to finally let this die...let's not have to get the mods to lock this thread:)

FUwolfpacker
October 12th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Wasnt coastal expected to play furman in the playoffs last year if they had made it?

That was the rumor. Also heard we would have been going down there. I don't know that for sure though...just rumors.

chantster
October 12th, 2006, 12:03 AM

I recall Bennett stating a couple of days after the CSU game that Coastal would of hosted the first round, mostly likely Furman.

SoCon48
October 12th, 2006, 02:57 AM
You've got to respect a top 10 school who has the BALLS to come into Hooters now. ASU....want to get a Brooks babtism? I have been to almost every college in the state and Furman has to be the most beautiful. I can't wait to see the blooms next year. Good luck with the rest of the season (and beat the livin' crap out of Tweetsy Tech :thumbsup: )

Since CCU couldn't do it, get a surrogate team to try????
As to ASU playing in Brooks? Last year, ASU was superior enough that it wouldn't made a hill of beans. Later on...yeah it could be a bit tough. But believe me, ASU has played and won in 10X tougher environs.

ASU Kep
October 12th, 2006, 03:55 AM

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

A Brooks Baptism? xlolx xlolx xlolx

That was great. xsmileyclapx xlolx

rokamortis
October 12th, 2006, 05:30 AM

Actually - if we are fortunate enough to be in the picture - I think I'd rather have another shot at the Mountaineers since we played so poorly last year and got trounced.

PaladinFan
October 12th, 2006, 06:36 AM
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

A Brooks Baptism? xlolx xlolx xlolx

That was great. xsmileyclapx xlolx

see...that's what we said too. I'm sure JMU thought the same thing.

SoCon48
October 12th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Actually - if we are fortunate enough to be in the picture - I think I'd rather have another shot at the Mountaineers since we played so poorly last year and got trounced.
Nice thought, but part of why CCU played poorly last year was that App had a better defense than the Coastals were accustomed to facing.
Thigpen is the real deal, but he's stoppable.

rokamortis
October 12th, 2006, 07:51 AM
I'm not taking anything away from App State. I'd just like another shot to try and redeem ourselves.

AppGuy04
October 12th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I'm not taking anything away from App State. I'd just like another shot to try and redeem ourselves.

If the game had been closer, I wouldn't see a problem with that

OL FU
October 12th, 2006, 08:07 AM
If the game had been closer, I wouldn't see a problem with that

It has been a year. Things change. Even within the same year a 30 point win would not necesarily be a 30 point win again.

Look at the difference between 2004 and 2005 GSU ASU games.

I am not saying it would be different either. But you can't assume a 30 point whipping just because it happened once.

SoCon48
October 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM
It has been a year. Things change. Even within the same year a 30 point win would not necesarily be a 30 point win again.

Look at the difference between 2004 and 2005 GSU ASU games.

I am not saying it would be different either. But you can't assume a 30 point whipping just because it happened once.

2004 ASU was weak and GSU was quite strong.

2005. ASU was strong while GSU was quite weak

It's not like both teams improved. The two moved in opposite directions.

OL FU
October 12th, 2006, 09:37 AM
2004 ASU was weak and GSU was quite strong.

2005. ASU was strong while GSU was quite weak

It's not like both teams improved. The two moved in opposite directions.

It was one example. maybe not the best one. and besides the score was like a 70 point swing. I don't think one improved and the other declined that much

PaladinFan
October 12th, 2006, 11:19 AM
The Mounties got shelacked in Statesboro that year.

MarkCCU
October 12th, 2006, 11:30 AM
CCU can run the table, we play smart and we can win the rest of our games. Liberty and Chas. Southern will be the two games to watch b/c those programs have been getting better. And if we get a playoff bid, and go to G Vegas. i will be there...oh god that would be great, win or lose that'd be great.

SoCon48
October 12th, 2006, 11:39 AM
It was one example. maybe not the best one. and besides the score was like a 70 point swing. I don't think one improved and the other declined that much

and besides the score was like a 70 point swing.
Actually a 64 pt diff in margins.
Well, App sucked badly vs #2 GSU and fell from the rankings completely. The next year won the NC. That's prob roughly 64 pts right there.xsmileyclapx

OL FU
October 12th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Well, App sucked badly vs #2 GSU and fell from the rankings completely. The next year won the NC. That's prob roughly 70 pts right there.xsmileyclapx

APP only sucked outside of Boone
I know that for a fact:rolleyes:

SoCon48
October 12th, 2006, 11:43 AM
CCU can run the table, we play smart and we can win the rest of our games. Liberty and Chas. Southern will be the two games to watch b/c those programs have been getting better. And if we get a playoff bid, and go to G Vegas. i will be there...oh god that would be great, win or lose that'd be great.

Saying Liberty is getting better is like saying Mansfield is improving. Can't make chicken salad......

AndrewFU21
October 12th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Oh, man, if we played Coastal in the playoffs, that would be heaven. The only team I'd rather have another shot at is JMU(that wound hasn't come close to healing).

PaladinFan
October 12th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Oh, man, if we played Coastal in the playoffs, that would be heaven. The only team I'd rather have another shot at is JMU(that wound hasn't come close to healing).

You mean the wound that opened when every legitimate shot at the NC fell in the first round and we could have waltzed through with three homegames yet managed to lose a game that was laid out before us sayng "win me"? That wound?

FUwolfpacker
October 12th, 2006, 01:16 PM
You mean the wound that opened when every legitimate shot at the NC fell in the first round and we could have waltzed through with three homegames yet managed to lose a game that was laid out before us sayng "win me"? That wound?

Yeah...that wound. To JMU's credit though, they did beat us and went on to beat two pretty good teams to win the NC. We made far to many mistakes in that game, but that's the way it goes.

Death Dealer
October 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah...that wound. To JMU's credit though, they did beat us and went on to beat two pretty good teams to win the NC. We made far to many mistakes in that game, but that's the way it goes.

That game was on the night of my staff's Christmas party(I know, I told my office manager if she ever scheduled a staff event on the night of a Furman football game again, I would fire her.xlolx ).....I was watching the game and the clock.....ended getting to the party an hour late, grumpy as hell! : flamemad

The Gadfly
October 13th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Saying Liberty is getting better is like saying Mansfield is improving. Can't make chicken salad......

Do you HAVE to turn every discussion thread with Coastal in it into a smack thread? xidiotx Give it a rest and tell your National Champions to borrow what's on our mascot's chin and dip your toes into the Brooks Quicksand. If they've got a pair xcoffeex .

Dabnus Brickey
October 13th, 2006, 06:09 AM
I'm pro CCU and I didn't understand that last post. What does our mascot have on its chin besides feathers?

Furman, looking forward to going to your place next year.

SoCon48
October 13th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Do you HAVE to turn every discussion thread with Coastal in it into a smack thread? xidiotx Give it a rest and tell your National Champions to borrow what's on our mascot's chin and dip your toes into the Brooks Quicksand. If they've got a pair xcoffeex .

Ohhhh. A little touchy. It is hard to live down a Mansfield on the sched. We should know. We had Mars Freakin' Hill this year.

Still got a bad taste in your mouth from losing to App last year after all that bragging the weeks before th game, eh?:rolleyes:

SoCon48
October 13th, 2006, 06:31 AM

And damn, boy, do you have to insert those stupid little xidiotx xidiotx emoticons in half your posts? Grow the hell up! Newsflash! Everyone who doesn't agree with your Chanticleer bias is not nuts.

OL FU
October 13th, 2006, 07:19 AM
And damn, boy, do you have to insert those stupid little xidiotx xidiotx emoticons in half your posts? Grow the hell up! Newsflash! Everyone who doesn't agree with your Chanticleer bias is not nuts.

I like the stupid little emoticons:p xlolx

Rok, maybe that would be a good mascot:smiley_wi