PDA

View Full Version : Autobids this year?

Jacks76
October 8th, 2006, 03:00 AM
What conferences are eligible for NCAA playoff auto-bids this year? Is it 8 again?

Paul

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2006, 06:10 AM
What conferences are eligible for NCAA playoff auto-bids this year? Is it 8 again?

Nothing has changed...

Big South and GWFC are still out of the loop as far as auto-bids go for not meeting the criteria...

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 08:12 AM
A-10
Big Sky
Gateway
Southland
SoCon
OVC
MEAC
Patriot

rokamortis
October 8th, 2006, 08:37 AM
A-10
Big Sky
Gateway
Southland
SoCon
OVC
MEAC
Patriot

The NEC is eligible for any auto, correct? Do they have a shot to get one this year?

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 09:01 AM
The NEC is eligible for any auto, correct? Do they have a shot to get one this year?
autobids are determined before the season- so no

Mr. C
October 8th, 2006, 09:11 AM
The NEC winner will play against the winner of the Pioneer Football League. Those teams, by virtue of the fact that they are playing in what the NCAA considers is a postseason game, are not eligible for the playoffs (just like the SWAC division winners, who play in the SWAC championship game). Those are NCAA mandates.

rokamortis
October 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM
autobids are determined before the season- so no
Thanks. I don't like that. If you have more eligible conferences than autobids then the determination of who gets an auto should be made at the end of the season, or close to it.

The NEC winner will play against the winner of the Pioneer Football League. Those teams, by virtue of the fact that they are playing in what the NCAA considers is a postseason game, are not eligible for the playoffs (just like the SWAC division winners, who play in the SWAC championship game). Those are NCAA mandates.

Thanks Mr. C - I keep forgetting about that. I bet the NEC is kicking themselves for that - it simply takes the argument away from them.

Tileguy
October 8th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks. I don't like that. If you have more eligible conferences than autobids then the determination of who gets an auto should be made at the end of the season, or close to it.

Thanks Mr. C - I keep forgetting about that. I bet the NEC is kicking themselves for that - it simply takes the argument away from them.

Not kicking to hard, a guaranteed post season opportunity helps in recruiting. Coupled w/ 30 schol. to offer, look for a bid in a couple of years. But NEC is getting stronger!

Tileguy
October 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Would start w/ at large, I would think.