Patriot League vs. OOC:

AAC 1-0
CAA 3-5
Ivy 8-8
Mountain West 0-1
NEC 4-5
Pioneer 2-1

Most Impressive Win of the Week:

Colgate 28, Lafayette 24 – The Biddlers may have saved a pretty bad season.

Most Disappointing Loss of the Week:

Colgate 28, Lafayette 24 – Tavani and staff spend the day contemplating their rectum intestinum.

Standings (Fordham counts):

Fordham 10-0, 4-0
Colgate 4-6, 3-1
Lafayette 3-6, 3-1
Lehigh 7-2, 2-2
Bucknell 4-5, 2-3
Holy Cross 3-8, 1-4
Georgetown 1-8, 0-4

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Let me see if I get this straight:

Lehigh WW - Lehigh wins autobid
Colgate W - Colgate wins autobid

Colgate L, Lafayette W -
* 4-way tie for 2nd place.
* Next tiebreak is record against Fordham. Lafayette and Colgate can still beat Fordham
* If Fordham goes undefeated, Colgate 2-1, Lafayette 2-1, Bucknell 2-1 vs. each other - Lehigh (1-2) falls out of tiebreak
* Next opponent down is Holy Cross - Bucknell (lost to HC) falls out of tiebreak
* Both Lafayette and Colgate beat Georgetown

Doesn't this mean that the autobid would fall to the dreaded AD vote between Lafayette and Colgate?

Also, does this mean Bucknell is now officially out of the race?

Lehigh'98
November 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM
No, Lafayette, would be 4 -1 if they beat Lehigh, if Colgate loses to LU, then Pards win AQ.
Colgate/Lehigh control their destiny, Bucknell is out. Laf. needs help of Lehigh.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2013, 10:53 AM
No, Lafayette, would be 4 -1 if they beat Lehigh, if Colgate loses to LU, then Pards win AQ.
Colgate/Lehigh control their destiny, Bucknell is out. Laf. needs help of Lehigh.

Right. OK, then it's easy:

Colgate L, Lafayette W - Lafayette wins autobid with 4-1 conf record.

Fordham games have no bearing on championship now. Bucknell's only shot involved a Pard W this weekend and they didn't get it.

carney2
November 10th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Assuming that no one is going to beat Fordham, that means that the Patriot League stands a decent chance of sending a 5, or even a 4, win team to the playoffs. What a League. We should all feel proud.

van
November 10th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Assuming that no one is going to beat Fordham, that means that the Patriot League stands a decent chance of sending a 5, or even a 4, win team to the playoffs. What a League. We should all feel proud.

Guess you give Gate a decent chance this Saturday. Hamilton can be a tough place to win, but I give us a decent chance if the D shows up like this week.

Sader87
November 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM
The league was horrific this year, even by PL standards. All the 6 eligible teams were either very poor (GTown) to poor (HC) to varying degrees of average (BU, CU, LC and LU). Very much a transitional season to the scholarship era.

ColgateTD
November 10th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Help me out here, have I got this right:

LU - W,L,W, L,L,W,W
CU - L,L,W,W,L,W
Laf - L,W, L, W, W, L
HC - L,W,L,L,W,W
BU - W,W,L,L,L,W

Hence Georgetown is PL Champion! :)

Lehigh'98
November 10th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Right. OK, then it's easy:

Colgate L, Lafayette W - Lafayette wins autobid with 4-1 conf record.

Fordham games have no bearing on championship now. Bucknell's only shot involved a Pard W this weekend and they didn't get it.

I don't think Bucknell had a chance after their 2nd loss cuz if Laf beat Gate, they'd have clinched a tie. Think they needed LU to lose to HC then win out. Anyway, didn't happen.

Ivytalk
November 10th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Lehigh
Bucknell
Fordham

bonarae
November 10th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Lehigh
Bucknell
Fordham

Big margins?

carney2
November 10th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Guess you give Gate a decent chance this Saturday. Hamilton can be a tough place to win, but I give us a decent chance if the D shows up like this week.

If a "decent chance" is 50-50, then yeah because that's about where I have it at the moment. Early weather forecast is for a decent day. That would work in Lehigh's favor.

Sader87
November 10th, 2013, 10:46 PM
LOL...the league, as it's currently constituted is a joke.....love how the interest has dropped now that it now looks like a very average Colgate team will win this league.

Hopefully better days are ahead....though I wouldn't bet on it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2013, 11:06 PM
LOL...the league, as it's currently constituted is a joke.....love how the interest has dropped now that it now looks like a very average Colgate team will win this league.

Hopefully better days are ahead....though I wouldn't bet on it.

Which is why they have two nationally ranked teams. You have zero clue to the national landscape because you live in 1987. Just because Holy Cross is back in the dumps doesn't mean everyone else is. Lehigh has the potential to cap a very successful 9-2 season and Fordham still has hopes of a seed. If Nebrich and BB don't get hurt this could have been a banner year for the league....

You literally post the same thing year after year because HC sucks. Gilmore would get canned if he was at Lehigh.

Have you seen Bucknell's stadium renderings? Pretty impressive...What's HC plans? Nothing right? Continue being losers?

Your posts are beyond moronic at times....

Sader87
November 10th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Lehigh is an average team....relax....you didn't even go to Lehigh which makes this even funnier.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Lehigh is an average team....relax....you didn't even go to Lehigh which makes this even funnier.

If, IF, they win out and get to 9-2 will they still be average? You can't be serious, just bitter...

The fact I didn't go to Lehigh means nothing. If you want to get "childish" I'd crush you in PL football history...I know my stuff....and why don't you? Ignorance.....but you know that....

All you do is belittle everyone else the more HC loses. You ripped on everyone all weekend...

Sader87
November 11th, 2013, 12:43 AM
If, IF, they win out and get to 9-2 will they still be average? You can't be serious, just bitter...

The fact I didn't go to Lehigh means nothing. If you want to get "childish" I'd crush you in PL football history...I know my stuff....and why don't you? Ignorance.....but you know that....

All you do is belittle everyone else the more HC loses. You ripped on everyone all weekend...

Relax....HC gave up playing "real college football" in the 1980's....if we really still cared we would crush the likes of glorified D2 programs like Lehigh, Lafayette and Bucknell.

It's all good....we simply don't care anymore......we'll go through the process of pretending we do, but HC football will never be what it once was before joining the PL.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Relax....HC gave up playing "real college football" in the 1980's....if we really still cared we would crush the likes of glorified D2 programs like Lehigh, Lafayette and Bucknell.

It's all good....we simply don't care anymore......we'll go through the process of pretending we do, but HC football will never be what it once was before joining the PL.

The best part is your own fans think your nutts. You are so out of touch with reality it's actually scary....

You were a Temple bad 1A program from the 1950's until 1983, had a great 7 year run until 1991 and have been average (truly average) to poor since. Sorry that is REALITY.....

You want me post HC's yearly records since 1950? It'll be a hoot for all...it looks a lot like Temple's...lol

The most ironic thing of all is the FACT that Holy Cross's greatest success in the last 60 years came while they were in the PL....

lehidude
November 11th, 2013, 03:17 AM

I came to visit for the purpose of respecting that answer. And fwiw, this year,a non-Fordham PL 9-2 team is average.

RichH2
November 11th, 2013, 07:21 AM
9-2 ? or 7-4? Can understand 87's bitterness for the loss of what could have been. Dont really get why he needs to inflict that on everyone constantly or for that matter why he views now solely through the lens of HC teams of yesteryear.

Is Lehigh a great dominant team, even at 9-2? Lord no. Like most of PL they are at best a work in progress. 9-2 would be a remarkable achievement. I will applaud them for that achievement. At our best, we are a very good team. Less than that and we are not. These players and staff deserve the plaudits and brickbats for what they do THIS year not whether they are an historic squad.

Every PL team this year,even Fordham, has large holes,mostly on D. By '15, we will all have a upperclass of schollies and most will have at least 45 schollie players. With the caveat that talent selection and coaching are good, the overall level of play in PL and in comparison to OOC teams will be much improved. To expect that for this year unrealistic. Altho,the impact of frosh this year is heartening for the future.
My perspective on PL today certainly apposite to 87. I would rather look to the future of my team and the PL rather than dwell in the lost glories of the past.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Which is why they have two nationally ranked teams. You have zero clue to the national landscape because you live in 1987. Just because Holy Cross is back in the dumps doesn't mean everyone else is. Lehigh has the potential to cap a very successful 9-2 season and Fordham still has hopes of a seed. If Nebrich and BB don't get hurt this could have been a banner year for the league....

You literally post the same thing year after year because HC sucks. Gilmore would get canned if he was at Lehigh.

Have you seen Bucknell's stadium renderings? Pretty impressive...What's HC plans? Nothing right? Continue being losers?

Your posts are beyond moronic at times....

2 things owl: what is BU doing to it's stadium? and i've been saying gilmore is not good AT ALL as a head coach for a while!!!!

Lehigh'98
November 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I agree with Rich. Even at 9-2, we certainly aren't a dominant PL team like I consider the 2011 team to be. I will say that 9-2 is still a very very respectable year if achieved and nothing to hang our head over. The D needs work. I would be worried about getting embarassed in the playoffs, but our guys find ways to suprise.

carney2
November 11th, 2013, 08:39 AM
The anger on the Lafayette board is over the top. Those folks want Tavani's scalp. Even one of the local newspapers is calling him out:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/brad-wilson/index.ssf/2013/11/lafayette_colleges_offensive_struggles_may_show_th e_day_of_power_football_is_passing_even_on_college .html#incart_river

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2013, 08:58 AM
I agree with Rich. Even at 9-2, we certainly aren't a dominant PL team like I consider the 2011 team to be. I will say that 9-2 is still a very very respectable year if achieved and nothing to hang our head over. The D needs work. I would be worried about getting embarassed in the playoffs, but our guys find ways to suprise.

In August, would I have been elated with a 9-2 record and an overdue trip to the playoffs? Damn straight I would have been.

RichH2
November 11th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Vitriolic to say the least. Can empathize with frustration. Sympathy will have to wait until after the GAME.

RichH2
November 11th, 2013, 09:04 AM
In August, would I have been elated with a 9-2 record and an overdue trip to the playoffs? Damn straight I would have been.
Damn straight. I was hoping for a winning season. BB lifted our expectations. Now, with a talented 3rd string frosh QB, we are still in it. I'm not going to complain. Just root to beat Gate

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Bucknell's master plan for CMS....

http://www.mcmillanpazdansmith.com/portfolio/bucknell-university-stadium-master-plan

Bill
November 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I had a banner 3-0 week, bringing me up to 33-16. Here it is for week 12. All picks are for entertainment purposes only :)

LEHIGH @ COLGATE - It's officially "hate the gate" week for me and my family. Gets tense and ugly at times.

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - not much to say here

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE - even without the QB, I'll take Fordham. May be close now.

Gater
November 11th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Bucknell's stadium is stunning. Hope they have the cameras face the home stands for broadcasts. The stadium can look either packed and huge or empty and small depending on where you put the camera. Colgate is lucky to have the press box on the visitor's side. Crowds are obviously not big in Hamilton but they would look horrible and the stadium would look pretty rough if you had the visitor's side as the backdrop.

ace93
November 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Is there something you guys know about our QB that we on fordhamfans.com don't know? I ask b/c there are two comments ITT that make it seem like he is out for Lafayette. Not so much Bill's pick above, but more the comment about how if Nebrich and BB did not get hurt it could be a banner year for the PL. That makes it sound like he is out.

Pards Rule
November 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Damn straight. I was hoping for a winning season. BB lifted our expectations. Now, with a talented 3rd string frosh QB, we are still in it. I'm not going to complain. Just root to beat Gate
Hey, at 9-2 wouldn't that mean you got the AQ? So I'm good with you folks in the playoffs with that.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM
In the postgame Moorhead said he needed to be evaluated, but just judging by body language I'd say it doesn't look good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUNtZOIsVdt504DqDlaDAlJg&v=Zj8sl8OpaCg

I hope it's not what the "unconfirmed reports" are saying of an MCL tear (I think).

ace93
November 11th, 2013, 10:58 AM
In the postgame Moorhead said he needed to be evaluated, but just judging by body language I'd say it doesn't look good...

I hope it's not what the "unconfirmed reports" are saying of an MCL tear (I think).

Where are you getting these unconfirmed reports? He had ACL surgery previously, so that is what has been floated around on fordhamfans.com.

Agreed on the body language, just seemed the comments here were more definite, but that might have just been how I was reading them.

FordhamFan
November 11th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Where are you getting these unconfirmed reports? He had ACL surgery previously, so that is what has been floated around on fordhamfans.com.

Agreed on the body language, just seemed the comments here were more definite, but that might have just been how I was reading them.

I'm a recent grad, talked to a mutual friend that had talked to him and he said he felt something on a cut. From everything I've ever heard about knee injuries, when you get hurt with no contact it's never good. He's getting an MRI I believe today latest tomorrow, so we'll know for sure pretty soon. I'm guessing he's done for the year. It's such a damn shame. He's such a gamer, to see him have two terrible injuries two years in a row, especially after the way he's played this year, would be such a shame.

Football gods can be cruel.

CFBfan
November 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I'm a recent grad, talked to a mutual friend that had talked to him and he said he felt something on a cut. From everything I've ever heard about knee injuries, when you get hurt with no contact it's never good. He's getting an MRI I believe today latest tomorrow, so we'll know for sure pretty soon. I'm guessing he's done for the year. It's such a damn shame. He's such a gamer, to see him have two terrible injuries two years in a row, especially after the way he's played this year, would be such a shame.

FU is clearly in line for an at large bid, to go to the playoffs without him would be a shame

GateRaider63
November 11th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Colgate has not lost a home game in November since 2001.

Franks Tanks
November 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM

If it is an ACL he is of course done for the year. If it is an MCL he may be back for the playoffs depending on severity of the injury. If Fordham gets a first round bye, he has nearly a month to recover. His mobility may be limited, but he may still be able to play. I know a lot of speculation here.

At this point I an rooting for Colgate to win the league just for comedic value. Picture this. Fordham whips Colgate on the last week of the regular season to finish an undefeated season. The PL trophy is brought out and handed to the "other" team in maroon. The one that just lost, and finished the season with a losing record. This is Patriot League footbal folks!

ace93
November 11th, 2013, 12:34 PM

Apparently a lot of people talked to him or someone who talked to him b/c I have heard the same, but nothing is officially confirmed yet. That was basically my point.

Does anybody know what the rule is in college for when one has to disclose an injury to the opponent? Is there a rule?

Franks Tanks
November 11th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Apparently a lot of people talked to him or someone who talked to him b/c I have heard the same, but nothing is officially confirmed yet. That was basically my point.

Does anybody know what the rule is in college for when one has to disclose an injury to the opponent? Is there a rule?

I do not believe there are any NFL like rules for injury reporting in college.

For this week's game it won't matter. You could tell us what play you're going to run and we ain't stopping it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2013, 12:45 PM
If it is an ACL he is of course done for the year. If it is an MCL he may be back for the playoffs depending on severity of the injury. If Fordham gets a first round bye, he has nearly a month to recover. His mobility may be limited, but he may still be able to play. I know a lot of speculation here.

At this point I an rooting for Colgate to win the league just for comedic value. Picture this. Fordham whips Colgate on the last week of the regular season to finish an undefeated season. The PL trophy is brought out and handed to the "other" team in maroon. The one that just lost, and finished the season with a losing record. This is Patriot League footbal folks!

You're reasoning for Colgate is rather sad and does nothing to move the PL forward...

If Lehigh doesn't get in I rather Lafayette. The 'Pards compete better against tough teams. Colgate gets crushed....

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM

Great news for Lafayette... it won't be an easy game for Colgate. Lehigh, if they have any sense of intelligence with regard to studying game film, will figure out what we did not until too late.

carney2
November 11th, 2013, 01:38 PM

Ask Dick Biddle. He doesn't tell anyone anything ever.

GateRaider63
November 11th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Ask Dick Biddle. He doesn't tell anyone anything ever.

They've actually been sneaking some injury reports into the game notes. They reported on McCarney's knee and shoulder earlier in the year, as well as injuries to DeCicco, Russell while listing them as questionable. Most recently they reported that Dan Cason would be out for the year with a knee injury.

Doc QB
November 11th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I thought last time LU was up there we smoked u, Zack Barkett had three TDs, games was on CBS college sports...wasnt that a November game?

Doc QB
November 11th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Damn...u d correct, the game i am thinking of was October...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I thought last time LU was up there we smoked u, Zack Barkett had three TDs, games was on CBS college sports...wasnt that a November game?

Oct 29th...but there was a blizzard in the LV..

Lehigh has played well up there late in the season. There should be a strong LU contingent. Honestly, I don't think HFA means much with these teams. It's a rivalry game.

After last year, I just hope LU doesn't come out with TOO much emotion...

RichH2
November 11th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Beat me to it. 50-34. From record book same place on sched either last game in Oct or 1st in Nov.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Beat me to it. 50-34. From record book same place on sched either last game in Oct or 1st in Nov.

50-34 was 2005.

45-25 in 2011..

RichH2
November 11th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I know ,went to that one,so knew it was Oct.

ColgateTD
November 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM

...but 'Gate has not won a home game this year. Besides, the whole team is "questionable" this season. Biddle may not release injury info, however those who are followers of the Red Raiders know this team is a shadow of previous editions, despite the brilliance of McCarney and a few others.

Go...gate
November 11th, 2013, 04:53 PM
...but 'Gate has not won a home game this year. Besides, the whole team is "questionable" this season. Biddle may not release injury info, however those who are followers of the Red Raiders know this team is a shadow of previous editions, despite the brilliance of McCarney and a few others.

Indeed. This is a game Lehigh figures to win. But you never know when you tee it up.

TheValleyRaider
November 11th, 2013, 05:41 PM
A long season nears its conclusion, and "long" is the operative word. Every week something new and different to consider. 3-0 last week, 32-20 so far this year.

Lehigh at Colgate Colgate Fascinating stat just mentioned above, Colgate has not won a home game yet this season. The Road Raiders sit at 4-2 away from the frozen tundra, but have nothing to show for it there. Strange world. Lehigh, meanwhile, motors along, through injury and everything else. Shafnisky has looked solid in his playing time, and it looks like he'll be the 3rd freshman QB the Raiders have faced this year, with Pujals and Reed already coming up painfully short. Is the third time the charm for frosh, or do the veteran Raiders (led by the improving McCarney) retain the crown on home turf? I say: let the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments commence...

Georgetown at Bucknell Bucknell Once a bottom-feeder bowl, now the Bison look to keep their faint title hopes alive at home against the Hoyas. Georgetown took this meeting a year ago, snapping a four-game Bison win streak. With their solid defense and more consistent offense under Wesley, look for Bucknell to keep it going. The real question for them will be how they respond to such a close loss against Fordham. Given how far ahead of last year the Bison already are, I'd say their mindset is better than most given the prior result.

Fordham at Lafayette Fordham On some level, the Rams' recent vulnerability can be tied to the injury of their star QB, but that doesn't account for HC keeping pace the week before. Familiarity may be giving other PL squads a chance to hang with the high-powered Rams, and may also demonstrate just how thin the line is between winning and losing. Or it could be some pressure of nearing that 12-0 mark. 2003 Colgate had a few close calls down the stretch themselves. Lafayette is not an easy place to visit, and the Leopards are dangerous with Reed at QB. Is that enough to upset the presumptive champs? Maybe, but smart money says the Rams hang on to the streak at least one more week.

Skyhawk71
November 11th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Lehigh @ Colgate
Georgetown @ Bucknell
Fordham @ Lafayette

Kramer
November 11th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Lehigh @ Colgate
Georgetown @ Bucknell
Fordham @ Lafayette

ditto.

RichH2
November 11th, 2013, 08:10 PM
ditto.
Me too.

ngineer
November 11th, 2013, 10:43 PM
The anger on the Lafayette board is over the top. Those folks want Tavani's scalp. Even one of the local newspapers is calling him out:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/brad-wilson/index.ssf/2013/11/lafayette_colleges_offensive_struggles_may_show_th e_day_of_power_football_is_passing_even_on_college .html#incart_river

Frank admitted in post game interview he over-rode his OC who did call for a spread formation and run/pass option for Reed. Same mantra, "If we can't get one measly yard in two tries then we don't deserve to win." Sounds like he's running some kind of psychological test. It's amazing how many times he does it....yet, I get the sneaky suspicion he's doing it all to set us up in two weeks! (;-)

ngineer
November 11th, 2013, 10:47 PM

A Lehigh win, 25-22. Was the big 50-34 game end of October? Usually we always have to venture to Hamilton in November.

ngineer
November 11th, 2013, 10:49 PM

Can't disagree with the comedic value of that picture!

ngineer
November 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Oct 29th...but there was a blizzard in the LV..

Lehigh has played well up there late in the season. There should be a strong LU contingent. Honestly, I don't think HFA means much with these teams. It's a rivalry game.

After last year, I just hope LU doesn't come out with TOO much emotion...

Lehigh will travel well for this. A bunch of us who played for Fred Dunlap, at Lehigh, will be schlepping up to Hamilton for a reunion. South Side Boosters are sending a very vocal busload of rabble-rousers, and the Alumni Office is hosting a tailgate for NY alums in the area. I agree that they have to keep the emotion in check. We need to get some early mojo so as to not require Shafnisky to lead a comeback charge. Sherman's running game is really coming around, so I like the balance we should be able to show.

ngineer
November 11th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Lehigh will play a complete game on offense, and the D will continue it's improvement to come home with a solid win, 31-17.
Bucknell will take out it's frustration from last week on the Hoyas, 42-17
Lafayette's mindset will be key, as well as who is playing QB for the Rams. I don't see the 'pards bouncing back from last week's debacle, as they'll be listening to the 'out of town scores' and thinking of next week. Rams, 28-20.

Fordham
November 12th, 2013, 07:37 AM
What is the tailgating situation in Pardville? Also wondering if there's anything for kids to do in addition to watching the game. Last time I was there they had a bunch of bounce houses for them - are those still up for games? Is there room for kids b/w 7 and 12 to run around and play a pick up game of football? Just curious as both answers will help me determine what time to get there and also whether or not I bring my kids and their friends this weekend.

Btw, Coach Moorhead reportedly said that Nebrich's injury is NOT an ACL, which is great, but he didn't say what it actually was.

Franks Tanks
November 12th, 2013, 08:41 AM
What is the tailgating situation in Pardville? Also wondering if there's anything for kids to do in addition to watching the game. Last time I was there they had a bunch of bounce houses for them - are those still up for games? Is there room for kids b/w 7 and 12 to run around and play a pick up game of football? Just curious as both answers will help me determine what time to get there and also whether or not I bring my kids and their friends this weekend.

Btw, Coach Moorhead reportedly said that Nebrich's injury is NOT an ACL, which is great, but he didn't say what it actually was.

Depending on the crowd at the game you should be able to get a parking spot in one of the grassy quads on campus where they allow cars to park. Ask one of the campus security guards directing traffic and they will point you in the right directon. The parking deck just behind the stadium requires a pass. You may be able to snag one from the Lafayette ticket office if you are really interested, but can't say for sure.

There is a small artificial turf field behind the visitor bleachers that kids are always playing on, so they will have a place to play during the game. I do not recall the bounce house being there this year, it wasn't last week.

Good to hear about your QB. I hope he is able to play.

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2013, 08:45 AM

Hey Fordham, IF you get there early enough ask where March Field is as there are tailgates there on the grass field there. Markle Parking Deck is reserved for placard people. Also behind the visitor stands is a grass area where the kids can play and there were a number of them when I walked by during halftime of the Bucknell game. I so far am planning to go! Even though I am expecting a Pard loss, it should be a good game and these kids have NEVER given up this season!! Bad calls from the sidelines but they have been INVOLVED every minute! Congrats on the Rams record!

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Lehigh will travel well for this. A bunch of us who played for Fred Dunlap, at Lehigh, will be schlepping up to Hamilton for a reunion. South Side Boosters are sending a very vocal busload of rabble-rousers, and the Alumni Office is hosting a tailgate for NY alums in the area. I agree that they have to keep the emotion in check. We need to get some early mojo so as to not require Shafnisky to lead a comeback charge. Sherman's running game is really coming around, so I like the balance we should be able to show.

Ah, my friend when I was a senior at LC in fall 1983 we had a big showdown for the then Colonial League title - basically prob who won that late Oct 1983 game would get the crown. I so recall looking in the program that day seated under the coaches box in old Fisher Field (listening to calls pre cellphone days!) that Dunlap was there 15 years at Colgate! I was thinking - wow! thats a long time! Its all relative as I learned! See Russo and Tavani. BTW we lost, 21-7 but it wasnt even that close.

Fordham
November 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys! Looking forward to it and expecting a battle

GateRaider63
November 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Can't disagree with the comedic value of that picture!

If Colgate wins this weekend they will get the trophy this weekend.

carney2
November 12th, 2013, 09:07 AM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE - 'gate is not very good. Neither is Lehigh but they know how to win.

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - No contest.

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE - Ram QB injury gives Pards a chance, but the mind of the Frankosaurus will overwhelm his own team. Quoting the great philosopher Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon."

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2013, 09:20 AM
If Colgate wins this weekend they will get the trophy this weekend.

DING! DING! Correct! Continue!

FordhamFan
November 12th, 2013, 10:28 AM
The more people I talk to the more and more I'm thinking Nebrich tore his meniscus. I'm in no way any doctor, but from med school friends I've talked to, meniscus' are easily torn (i.e. they don't require contact) and are usually taken care of and repaired in two weeks time. Now that Moorhead has confirmed it is not an ACL, my bets (more like hopes) are that it is Nebrich's meniscus.

If it is that, he should be back for the playoffs, maybe even Colgate if the Rams lose this week and the Colgate game becomes essential for a playoff birth. I can't tell you how happy I was when I heard it wasn't the kid's ACL. He's having such a year, and after coming down from UConn, tearing his ACL last year and leading Fordham to their best season ever, he deserves to see it through to the end.

RichH2
November 12th, 2013, 10:33 AM
O
great news for Rams and PL. Good luck

Sader87
November 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Ah, my friend when I was a senior at LC in fall 1983 we had a big showdown for the then Colonial League title - basically prob who won that late Oct 1983 game would get the crown. I so recall looking in the program that day seated under the coaches box in old Fisher Field (listening to calls pre cellphone days!) that Dunlap was there 15 years at Colgate! I was thinking - wow! thats a long time! Its all relative as I learned! See Russo and Tavani. BTW we lost, 21-7 but it wasnt even that close.

To pick a nit, the Colonial/Patriot League didn't officially exist until 1986.

Bucknell, Colgate, Lafayette and Lehigh played one another annually before then for the most part, but there was no official league. Holy Cross was playing mostly Ohio St, Alabama and USC then. xlolx

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2013, 12:44 PM

Bucknell, Colgate, Lafayette and Lehigh played one another annually before then for the most part, but there was no official league. Holy Cross was playing mostly Ohio St, Alabama and USC then. xlolx

Yeah you're right but there was this unofficial league then! We kept score! We didn't play Cross until it was formed. Here's a trivia question: which AWAY games of current Patriot League members has Pards Rule NOT been at? Also which current Patriot teams has he not seen at all - home or away??

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM

Fordham: PLEASE ignore Franks Tanks and Pards Rule advice and DO NOT ask the parking attendant for parking directions. I've wanted to choke too many clueless old folks and suburban parents for clogging the traffic and this weekend seemingly EVERY CAR did it, which created a quite a line and yours truly drove on the other side of the road like a NYC cabbie to avoid the idiocy.

PLEASE consult this map instead. Tailgating occurs on March Field. Every visiting booster group sets up shop here, as do most of the visiting parents, friends, fans. If you get there two hours ahead of time, you will definitely have your pick of the spots... it is not an "event" weekend. Anyhow, here is the campus map. As a Fordham guy, I expect you can follow it; for Lehigh, we have to narrate it like a story from Barney :D
http://www.lafayette.edu/visit/files/2010/07/campus_map1.jpg

And yes, there is a turf practice area behind the visitor stands... so you can stand at the top and watch the game and the kids. No bounce set this year if I can recall.

Sader87
November 12th, 2013, 04:31 PM
No bouncey castle???? Easton's out...off to Hamilton for me this weekend I suppose.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2013, 04:44 PM
No bouncey castle???? Easton's out...off to Hamilton for me this weekend I suppose.

Don't worry 87... we'll get you to attend by telling an enchanting tale of Holy Cross' magical 1987 season at halftime. Story time narrated by Morgan Freeman with voices by Robert DeNiro.

Good ridance to the bouncy castle. They replaced it with Rita's Ice, a sausage and pergoies stands, and some sort of carmalized nut stand, I believe.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Don't worry 87... we'll get you to attend by telling an enchanting tale of Holy Cross' magical 1987 season at halftime. Story time narrated by Morgan Freeman with voices by Robert DeNiro.

Good ridance to the bouncy castle. They replaced it with Rita's Ice, a sausage and pergoies stands, and some sort of carmalized nut stand, I believe.

What, the puppet shows no longer a thing at Lafayette?

Sader87
November 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I seriously have to check out a game down there soon....both of the stadia from my last visit to either (Lafayette in '86 and Lehigh in '87) are long gone. I freely admit to basically "quitting" on HC football from about 1992-2005, hence a big reason for the gap.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2013, 06:14 PM
What, the puppet shows no longer a thing at Lafayette?

No it is... it's called Lafayette football. Frank Tavani is pulling the strings.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I seriously have to check out a game down there soon....both of the stadia from my last visit to either (Lafayette in '86 and Lehigh in '87) are long gone. I freely admit to basically "quitting" on HC football from about 1992-2005, hence a big reason for the gap.

Fisher Field still "looks" the same for the most part. The home side is basically the way it was 25 years ago minus the falling concrete. The concourse area was never updated. Restrooms are still seriously lacking. The original away side was knocked down and replaced with HS style aluminum bleacher.

The buildings surrounding Fisher is what makes the "facility" nice. The physical stadium is nothing special imo.

Gate83
November 12th, 2013, 09:12 PM

Sooo... I'm new to this board, very entertaining. But to pick back at your nit, don't lump us in with the PA schools. In fact our record was pretty good vs. the Cross in the years leading up to the formation of the Colonial, where we all know you had an unfair scholarship advantage for about 5 years. And since I was looking up some history, I suppose I should thank you for "stealing" Wheelwright from us in '76... got us to the Dunlap years, national rankings, and a 4-1 record vs. the Cross while 'ol Neil was in your driver's seat. Many thanks!

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Fisher Field still "looks" the same for the most part. The home side is basically the way it was 25 years ago minus the falling concrete. The concourse area was never updated. Restrooms are still seriously lacking. The original away side was knocked down and replaced with HS style aluminum bleacher.

The buildings surrounding Fisher is what makes the "facility" nice. The physical stadium is nothing special imo.

What you have just said, is completely false... I don't even know where to begin ripping this apart... frankly, I don't want to spend the time doing it... xrolleyesx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2013, 09:36 PM
What you have just said, is completely false... I don't even know where to begin ripping this apart... frankly, I don't want to spend the time doing it... xrolleyesx

Please tell where I am wrong. Honestly...

The home side doesn't seem any different than it was in 2004. The underbelly /physical structure where the concourse is looks the same iirc. The restroom facilities are also the same iirc. The shape, # of rows is also the same. The pressbox is basically a newer version of the old one. Again pretty similar. Seriously, the actual stadium was renovated but it looks the same...lol

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Sooo... I'm new to this board, very entertaining. But to pick back at your nit, don't lump us in with the PA schools. In fact our record was pretty good vs. the Cross in the years leading up to the formation of the Colonial, where we all know you had an unfair scholarship advantage for about 5 years. And since I was looking up some history, I suppose I should thank you for "stealing" Wheelwright from us in '76... got us to the Dunlap years, national rankings, and a 4-1 record vs. the Cross while 'ol Neil was in your driver's seat. Many thanks!

Welcome Gate83. You have just met Sader87, who is traditionally know for skipping every football season since 1987 and reminding all of us of what coulda been for HC in the Big East...

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Please tell where I am wrong. Honestly...

:Sigh: Where is the "phone a friend" option on here?

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2013, 09:44 PM

Cliff Notes version:

- Looks the same? Home side the same? No... it occupies the same footprint, the stadium has been painted maroon. Aluminum bleachers have been installed. Chairbacks exist in the middle-upper section. We have Field Turf. And lights. And a video replay scoreboard that's gargantuan. And a loud PA system. And a new press box that hangs over part of the concourse. And a "coke zone" buffet area. And hand railings.

- Concourse area was updated... new bathrooms. Restrooms are fine... just go to one at the far end of the grandstand.

- The Varsity House overlooking the stadium gives the stadium an enclosure. And most importantly, the seats on the home side are stone's throw from the sideline. You can walk along the railing and listen the coaches and players on the sideline.

Aside from Princeton Stadium, it's the best stadium in the East.

Bill
November 12th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I can't believe I'm typing this...but there are several things about Fisher that I am totally jealous of - most of which Pard mentioned above. The turf and scoreboard alone are awesome.Another huge plus is the surrounding facility. The proximity of the weightroom and meeting areas to the field are incredible...as is the weightroom itself. The meeting rooms and football complex blow our doors off. It's been 20+ years. An upgrade is really due.

Lehigh has a few things I'd love to change:
The field is not flat...too wavy. Get turf already!

I know the natural bowl was included in the design...but for the most part bowls suck. The fans could be much closer. It's nice for the coaches, though.

The scoreboard & PA are outdated...most DIII schools have nicer ones now.

The game day field house stinks. It's tough because nothing else goes on there except Fridays and game day. It's almost like you are the visiting team, even though you're at home.

Despite Goodman's shortcomings, we will still win in 2 weeks :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Cliff Notes version:

- Looks the same? Home side the same? No... it occupies the same footprint, the stadium has been painted maroon. Aluminum bleachers have been installed. Chairbacks exist in the middle-upper section. We have Field Turf. And lights. And a video replay scoreboard that's gargantuan. And a loud PA system. And a new press box that hangs over part of the concourse. And a "coke zone" buffet area. And hand railings.

- Concourse area was updated... new bathrooms. Restrooms are fine... just go to one at the far end of the grandstand.

- The Varsity House overlooking the stadium gives the stadium an enclosure. And most importantly, the seats on the home side are stone's throw from the sideline. You can walk along the railing and listen the coaches and players on the sideline.

Sader87 said that Fisher was gone and my point is it's not. The stadium itself still looks the same, it's just modernized. If you lived under a rock for 10 years and showed up at the 50 yard line you'll know where you are...

Cal did a similar type renovation to Memorial Stadium imo....

ngineer
November 12th, 2013, 10:08 PM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE - 'gate is not very good. Neither is Lehigh but they know how to win.

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - No contest.

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE - Ram QB injury gives Pards a chance, but the mind of the Frankosaurus will overwhelm his own team. , "What a Quoting the great philosopher Bugs Bunnymaroon."

One of my favorites!

Bill
November 12th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Me too!

http://youtu.be/C_Kh7nLplWo

Go...gate
November 12th, 2013, 11:40 PM

Wheelright was Defensive Coordinator to the highly respected (and successful) Hal Lahar in 1968. His teams were initially characterized as having decent defense and little offense until Wheelright switched to the Wishbone in 1971. After that, Colgate had wonderful, entertaining offenses but the defense struggled. In general, we usually hovered around .500 but beat HC every year in Wheelright's tenure (the 1969 game was cancelled due to an outbreak of hepatitis on the HC club).

It was never clear why "Wheels" moved. He was a nice guy and his teams were fun to watch. He did say in the early 1970's (with some controversy) that given Colgate's traditionally strong schedules, limited facilities and perpetual status as a "road" team, a .500 season was about the best that could be expected most of the time. But things were different in those days. Few football coaches made much money, and Wheelright had family in MA (he was a Springfield College grad). Maybe he just wanted to be closer to his home territory.

Colgate was THRILLED to have Fred Dunlap (Colgate Class of 1950) return. He did a wonderful job.

It is nice that Lehigh and Colgate have Dunlap in common and he is so greatly respected by both schools and the guys who play for him. He is a first-class gentleman and mentor of young men.

Sader87
November 13th, 2013, 01:10 AM
I really don't have the inside skinny on Wheelwright (why he came to HC, why he was ultimately replaced etc)....he had a very interesting tenure at HC.....lost more than he won but he did beat BC twice (and played them very tough in two losses) as well as beating Air Force and Army during his time on Mt St James.

Southsider
November 13th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Cliff Notes version:

I'm with P4L on this one. I think Fisher is great! On campus, close to the action, lights! However, restrooms are poor. But, it only matters once every other year when they host LU.

Fordham
November 13th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Fordham: PLEASE ignore Franks Tanks and Pards Rule advice and DO NOT ask the parking attendant for parking directions. I've wanted to choke too many clueless old folks and suburban parents for clogging the traffic and this weekend seemingly EVERY CAR did it, which created a quite a line and yours truly drove on the other side of the road like a NYC cabbie to avoid the idiocy.

PLEASE consult this map instead. Tailgating occurs on March Field. Every visiting booster group sets up shop here, as do most of the visiting parents, friends, fans. If you get there two hours ahead of time, you will definitely have your pick of the spots... it is not an "event" weekend. Anyhow, here is the campus map. As a Fordham guy, I expect you can follow it; for Lehigh, we have to narrate it like a story from Barney :D

And yes, there is a turf practice area behind the visitor stands... so you can stand at the top and watch the game and the kids. No bounce set this year if I can recall.

good stuff! Thanks Pard4!

FordhamFan
November 13th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Hey LC friends,

Why on earth must you play your games at 3:30?! I'm sure the whole TV Network has to do with it, but man is it annoying. Can't ya just play at 1?

Sincerely,
FordhamFan

Franks Tanks
November 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Hey LC friends,

Why on earth must you play your games at 3:30?! I'm sure the whole TV Network has to do with it, but man is it annoying. Can't ya just play at 1?

Sincerely,
FordhamFan

Attendance is better when the games start later.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Hey LC friends,

Sincerely,
FordhamFan

xlolx This gets us too... Hey, the past two seasons, the games started at 6:00 in November, just like September! To be honest, I was a bit annoyed at first with the 330 start time, but after having our first 330 game vs. Bucknell, I kind of liked it... game is over at 630-645, in time for dinner or a not too brutal late night drive home. But yes, I much prefer 1pm games... we never have those anymore.

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2013, 08:07 AM

Yeah, I didn't think of this issue and the major, major problem it created. I was a victim too!! I actually landed a spot in front of Easton Hall! March Field was blocked off just as I got there to make the turn. And it was because of those fools who stopped to ask parking directions! Two cars came from back side of campus and made lefts into March just before I got there and the security dude pulled the sawhorse across!

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2013, 08:28 AM
I don't see too many "Let's GO LEHIGH, Save Our Season" or "Finish the job that we couldn't at Colgate" chants from the Leopard fans this week. Let's go ladies, step up the Brown and White cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I don't see too many "Let's GO LEHIGH, Save Our Season" or "Finish the job that we couldn't at Colgate" chants from the Leopard fans this week. Let's go ladies, step up the Brown and White cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course not! We will just take care of whatever biz we can in the next two weeks and see what transpires. If LU wins, it will make that following Saturday extremely interesting!!!

Fordham
November 13th, 2013, 08:45 AM
xlolx This gets us too... Hey, the past two seasons, the games started at 6:00 in November, just like September! To be honest, I was a bit annoyed at first with the 330 start time, but after having our first 330 game vs. Bucknell, I kind of liked it... game is over at 630-645, in time for dinner or a not too brutal late night drive home. But yes, I much prefer 1pm games... we never have those anymore.
hungover students more likely to show if game time is AFTER their afternoon wake up I assume.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM
hungover students more likely to show if game time is AFTER their afternoon wake up I assume.

xeyebrowx ... all ten of them?

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I didn't think of this issue and the major, major problem it created. I was a victim too!! I actually landed a spot in front of Easton Hall! March Field was blocked off just as I got there to make the turn. And it was because of those fools who stopped to ask parking directions! Two cars came from back side of campus and made lefts into March just before I got there and the security dude pulled the sawhorse across!

I tried my secret parking area, behind Hugel, Kunkel, Watson, and Phi Psi. Unfortunately, all the spots were taken, but I created my own parking space on a triangle of green between a walking path and a building. I forgot you can park on Easton Quad... might try that next time. Does anyone use Sullivan Deck?

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 08:52 AM

I'm not stroking your ego... F#%K Lehigh...

RichH2
November 13th, 2013, 09:02 AM

That's better. I worry whenever you are too nice to usxrolleyesx

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I tried my secret parking area, behind Hugel, Kunkel, Watson, and Phi Psi. Unfortunately, all the spots were taken, but I created my own parking space on a triangle of green between a walking path and a building. I forgot you can park on Easton Quad... might try that next time. Does anyone use Sullivan Deck?
Yeah, I drove the back way (down Sullivan Trail) leaving campus after the game and there were cars still parked in there. But I don't really think it suffices as a tailgate zone as it is psychologically removed from campus.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 09:56 AM
That's better. I worry whenever you are too nice to usxrolleyesx

Simply playing possum...

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
From the Allentown PA Morning Call:

The question for this week is: Will Mike Nebrich, Fordham's impressive junior quarterback who has won league offensive player of the week honors five times this season, play on Saturday? He was injured in the first quarter last Saturday.

"Thankfully, it's not an ACL," Moorhead said of Nebrich's knee injury. "We got it taken care of, but he's doubtful for this week. I don't anticipate him playing, but we're going to take it day to day and see how his rehab goes."

How forthright Moorhead was in his evaluation won't be known until Saturday, and Lafayette will have to prepare as though Nebrich, who has passed for 3,181 yards and 23 touchdowns (only four interceptions in 341 attempts) and has run for 445 yards and eight touchdowns, will be playing. He is listed first on the two-deep chart, with Peter Maetzold as his backup.

Fordham is plus-10 in turnover differential, so protecting the ball will be a major goal for Lafayette. Freshman quarterback Drew Reed has not thrown an interception in his three games as a starter.

"We're not thinking about four in a row," Tavani said, "but you can't have the young man get conservative, either. You don't make any big plays if you don't try to make them. He continues to get better each week. He learns from everything each week and that's been the most impressive thing I've seen to this point."

Lafayette is 21-9-1 against Fordham, including 12-5-1 at Fisher. Fordham's last win in Easton was in 2007

FordhamFan
November 13th, 2013, 12:19 PM
From the Allentown PA Morning Call:

The question for this week is: Will Mike Nebrich, Fordham's impressive junior quarterback who has won league offensive player of the week honors five times this season, play on Saturday? He was injured in the first quarter last Saturday.

"Thankfully, it's not an ACL," Moorhead said of Nebrich's knee injury. "We got it taken care of, but he's doubtful for this week. I don't anticipate him playing, but we're going to take it day to day and see how his rehab goes."

How forthright Moorhead was in his evaluation won't be known until Saturday, and Lafayette will have to prepare as though Nebrich, who has passed for 3,181 yards and 23 touchdowns (only four interceptions in 341 attempts) and has run for 445 yards and eight touchdowns, will be playing. He is listed first on the two-deep chart, with Peter Maetzold as his backup.

Fordham is plus-10 in turnover differential, so protecting the ball will be a major goal for Lafayette. Freshman quarterback Drew Reed has not thrown an interception in his three games as a starter.

"We're not thinking about four in a row," Tavani said, "but you can't have the young man get conservative, either. You don't make any big plays if you don't try to make them. He continues to get better each week. He learns from everything each week and that's been the most impressive thing I've seen to this point."

Lafayette is 21-9-1 against Fordham, including 12-5-1 at Fisher. Fordham's last win in Easton was in 2007

Great stuff here. I'm like 99.99% certain Nebrich won't play. But Moorhead's optimism has me hopeful for later weeks. Fordham's gotta get a win down in Easton. That stat they haven't won there since 07 just stings.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Week 12 Sportsbook:

Cornell (-19½) vs Columbia o/u 52½

Fordham (-8) at Lafayette o/u 67

Brown (-3) vs Dartmouth o/u 43½

Bucknell (-17) vs Georgetown o/u 42

Harvard (-14½) vs Penn o/u 54½

Lehigh (-3) at Colgate o/u 62½

Princeton (-11½) vs Yale o/u 64

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2013/11/lehigh_university_football_coa_14.html#incart_flyo ut_sports

Lehigh University (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/) football coach Andy Coen declined to reveal the name of his team's starting quarterback ahead of the pivotal Patriot League clash Saturday afternoon at Colgate University.

Coen, in his eighth season, said this afternoon while he didn't want to publicly announce who will take the first snap of the game, he hopes junior Matt McHale (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2013/11/former_lehigh_qb_marty_horn_co.html) and freshman Nick Shafnisky (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2013/10/whitehall_grad_nick_shafnisky.html) both will play against the Raiders.

IMO, this is a very interesting recent development.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Just messin' around . . .

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9372/40vw.png

`

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2013/11/lehigh_university_football_coa_14.html#incart_flyo ut_sports

How so? Both seem versatile. He should use both equally, like Princeton.

Lehigh'98
November 13th, 2013, 04:18 PM

Cmon P4L, stroke it xnodx

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Cmon P4L, stroke it xnodx

xeyebrowx

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Just messin' around . . .

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9372/40vw.png

`

Flying Lombardi? Very nice...

I like to refer to them as the Yams... or the Hams... Ham Yams... God, Thanksgiving can't get here soon enough.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Off Topic but . . . the Fabulous Metropolitan College All-Stars are on PLNet right now, playing UMass-Lowell. Get a look at the size of those guys.

Bill
November 13th, 2013, 06:20 PM
This is the PL pick 'em...there is no such thing as off-topic!

Gate83
November 13th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Off Topic but . . . the Fabulous Metropolitan College All-Stars are on PLNet right now, playing UMass-Lowell. Get a look at the size of those guys.

I was hoping this would be a hockey game, not that other winter sport some of you seem to think is important. Now that would be a good game, w/ Lowell in the top 20 & BU just outside the rankings...

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I was hoping this would be a hockey game, not that other winter sport some of you seem to think is important. Now that would be a good game, w/ Lowell in the top 20 & BU just outside the rankings...

What has happened with Colgate hockey? You guys have seemingly struggled the past several seasons.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2013, 07:15 PM
RichH2... bunddle up... weather conditions for this weekend's game:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01493/SIBERIA_1493801c.jpg

Go...gate
November 13th, 2013, 07:21 PM

Naaahhh. That photo is from last July 4. It will be a lot colder and snowier than this! xrotatehx

Gate83
November 13th, 2013, 07:23 PM
What has happened with Colgate hockey? You guys have seemingly struggled the past several seasons.

Two years ago we were in the ECAC final 4 as a legit team & 3 years ago we had an 11-28-3 team (sounds like this year's football team) that somehow got hot in the playoffs and also was ECAC final 4. But generally we've been mediocre for a while, with speculation centering around indifferent recruiting, bad coaching & a crappy facility... the usual complaints. This year we're very young (14 freshman & sophomores) and haven't figured our goalie out yet. And we're building a new arena which should be ready when our sophs are seniors. That may be more than you want to know...

While on the PL channel I also turned on the Holy Cross hoop game. When did they start attending their home games like they were being played in Hamilton?

LehighU11
November 13th, 2013, 07:23 PM

After last weekend's performances, I'd expect Coen to use Shafnisky and McHale in the same manner that he utilized Lum and Colvin in 2010. Shafnisky as the primary QB, with McHale as more of a Wildcat formation type.

Bogus Megapardus
November 13th, 2013, 07:43 PM

I've never used Sullivan Deck. In a pinch I'll just park in the little lot behind the CHT and go in for a beverage before the game so I can be a "customer." Much more convenient than Sullivan.

RichH2
November 13th, 2013, 07:47 PM

LOL, the joys of being OTD , a 60in TV and campusinsiders feed.Altho,W does have a leopard skin coat. I believe it dates from the CATCH.
Only been to Gate for one game back when Fred was coaching there.

RichH2
November 13th, 2013, 07:50 PM
After last weekend's performances, I'd expect Coen to use Shafnisky and McHale in the same manner that he utilized Lum and Colvin in 2010. Shafnisky as the primary QB, with McHale as more of a Wildcat formation type.
Agree. My guess is he has a hip pointer, so he s/b able. Both have similar skill sets with Shaf being a better passer.

World
November 14th, 2013, 03:42 AM
LEHIGH @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

Bye: HOLY CROSS

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2013, 09:02 AM
NO... WAY!!

http://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2013/11/12/GEN_1112132132.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOqa3yrA0w

ColgateTD
November 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Lehigh @ Colgate - Last year we did the dirty deed at Goodman; this year LU will be out for retribution. Think this game will be close until the 4th quarter, then the Brown team takes over. The Biddlemen will give it a fight but the D will do them in again (despite improvements lately). All this on Biddle Bobblehead Day....yeesh! 29-24 LU

G'town at Bucknell - Bison have just too much for the Hoyas. "The Beast of the East" wins 42-7

Fordham at Lafayette - Fisher should give the Pards plenty of atmosphere to pull off an upset, but the Rams are looking for an undeafeated season. Could be closer than some would think; then again it might be a walkover for FU. Rams 32-23

36-16 so far

Gate83
November 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Pard4Life;2048410]NO... WAY!!

Already got the spot on the mantle picked out for my Biddlehead... right next to the Don Vaughn & Marty Erb bobbles.

Bill
November 14th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Any shot of a Frankosaurus bobblehead? :)

I'll have to send my brother over to pick up a Biddle one for me. I can store it next to my "Matt Salvaterra" bobblehead!

Leopard Loyalist
November 14th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Lehigh @ Colgate
Georgetown @ Bucknell
Fordham @ Lafayette

(These seem to be the consensus picks.)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM
All I know is I want that bobblehead.

Pards Rule
November 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Lehigh @ Colgate
Georgetown @ Bucknell
Fordham @ Lafayette

(These seem to be the consensus picks.)

So Im the only one with the Pards for the upset???

Southsider
November 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM

Already got the spot on the mantle picked out for my Biddlehead... right next to the Don Vaughn & Marty Erb bobbles.

Hope they didn't make too many! Might be what, 2000 fans in Kerr?? and, most will be from LU!

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Any shot of a Frankosaurus bobblehead? :)

I'll have to send my brother over to pick up a Biddle one for me. I can store it next to my "Matt Salvaterra" bobblehead!

Frank is already a bobble head in real life. And he doesn't deserve one. However, he did become a life-size cut-out for a Coke ad.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2013, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=Gate83;2048558]

Hope they didn't make too many! Might be what, 2000 fans in Kerr?? and, most will be from LU!

I would like to get my hands on one, so I can give it to c2 and he can perform his voo-doo magic to lift the Colgate curse.

Gate83
November 14th, 2013, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=Gate83;2048558]

The Kerrdome will be buzzing with activity like usual, I'm sure. We're used to being outnumbered by the way... though by the time we finished celebrating on Murray's field last November the crowd seemed to have dwindled a bit!

Bill
November 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I haven't checked the site yet - any word on TV coverage? I'm a Direct TV guy....

RichH2
November 14th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I haven't checked the site yet - any word on TV coverage? I'm a Direct TV guy....
Know it is on PLNetwork.

Sader87
November 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM
At 33-19 for the season, something is clearly amiss with the HAL-9000. After many pleas of "I'm afraid" and the singing of many choruses of "Daisy," I had to shut him down, this after he locked me out of my man-cave/lab and more importantly, access to my mini-fridge....so it's just me for this week anyway:

Bucknell 31 GTown 13 The Bison offense is nothing to write home about (even with Wesley at QB) but their D will provide many scoring opportunities.

Colgate 31 Lehigh 28 Somehow, someway the Red Raiders will be your PL champs this year. Very tough to beat the Gate in Hamilton in November

Lafayette 27 Fordham 24 The schizo season for the Pards continues....the Rams will miss Nebrich in Easton.

Go...gate
November 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM

We need a Fred Dunlap bobblehead!!

FordhamFan
November 14th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Hey LC guys,

How's the atmosphere gonna be down in Easton tomorrow? Gonna be a lot of people or dead silent?

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hey LC guys,

How's the atmosphere gonna be down in Easton tomorrow? Gonna be a lot of people or dead silent?

Downtown Easton? It's usually quiet.

Lehigh'98
November 14th, 2013, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Southsider;2048584]

The Kerrdome will be buzzing with activity like usual, I'm sure. We're used to being outnumbered by the way... though by the time we finished celebrating on Murray's field last November the crowd seemed to have dwindled a bit!

Snap

TheValleyRaider
November 14th, 2013, 07:45 PM
NO... WAY!!

http://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2013/11/12/GEN_1112132132.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEOqa3yrA0w

Can't wait xnodx xthumbsupx

Hope everyone enjoys the PL trophy there in his right hand. Looking for #8 :D

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Can't wait xnodx xthumbsupx

Hope everyone enjoys the PL trophy there in his right hand. Looking for #8 :D

Didn't quite put that together with this weekend's game... like Lafayette advertising "We win = Champions" all over campus. Coen better show this in the locker room.

JINX! JINX! JINX!

ngineer
November 14th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Weather forecast shows no frozen tundra in Hamilton this weekend, so our chances have improved. Nice article on ILB Laub in today's Morning Call. I get the sense he may be McCarney's 'shadow' on Saturday.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Didn't quite put that together with this weekend's game... like Lafayette advertising "We win = Champions" all over campus. Coen better show this in the locker room.

JINX! JINX! JINX!

I think that's as close as we're going to get to P4L rooting for Lehigh this weekend. :D

TheValleyRaider
November 15th, 2013, 06:05 AM

JINX! JINX! JINX!

Didn't say it was presumptive. The man has won 7 of them... ;)

carney2
November 15th, 2013, 07:51 AM
I've never used Sullivan Deck. In a pinch I'll just park in the little lot behind the CHT and go in for a beverage before the game so I can be a "customer." Much more convenient than Sullivan.

No you won't. The CHT doesn't open until 30 minutes after the 3:30 kickoff.

carney2
November 15th, 2013, 07:58 AM
So Im the only one with the Pards for the upset???

You and Sader87. Now, there's a pairing I never thought I'd see.

carney2
November 15th, 2013, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=Gate83;2048558]

We need a Fred Dunlap bobblehead!!

That's the one I want. I'd stick pins in it and then put it in my dog run for poochie to lift his leg on. No class at all.

carney2
November 15th, 2013, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=Southsider;2048584]

I would like to get my hands on one, so I can give it to c2 and he can perform his voo-doo magic to lift the Colgate curse.

The only way to lift the Colgate Curse would be to perform lobotomies on the Lafayette coaching staff at midfield before tomorrow's Fordham game. I'm bringing my Swiss Army knife to the game in case they need a volunteer "surgeon."

JimboCBA72
November 15th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Making trek from da Bronx to Easton tomorrow and plan to eat some dinner before heading back. Suggestions?

RichH2
November 15th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Italian or cheeseburgers? Plenty of both in the area

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 10:01 AM
I think that's as close as we're going to get to P4L rooting for Lehigh this weekend. :D

If both these teams could somehow rack up negative points on the scoreboard this weekend, and play for 40 straight overtimes that do not end until Wednesday before the NCAA declares the first tie in 18 years, I'd be for it.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Making trek from da Bronx to Easton tomorrow and plan to eat some dinner before heading back. Suggestions?

Pizza D'Oro is my favorite spot. Italian family restaurant with good choices. However, Sette Luna is probably the best place in downtown Easton. Absolutely the best. Very popular though. Definitely check reservations. Also, River Grille is first class as well... reservations needed.

DO NOT go to Campus Pizza. I am committed to a negative advertising campaign against them wherever I go.

http://www.setteluna.com/

http://www.therivergrille.com/

http://pizzadoropa.com/

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE=Pard4Life;2048591]

The only way to lift the Colgate Curse would be to perform lobotomies on the Lafayette coaching staff at midfield before tomorrow's Fordham game. I'm bringing my Swiss Army knife to the game in case they need a volunteer "surgeon."

So how would you rectify the Ivy curse?

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
You and Sader87. Now, there's a pairing I never thought I'd see.

I know!! Im going! Go Pards! Meetup at CHT afterward? Or before? Please advise! I will be the one with the raggedy leopard :) Carney loves him!

Sader87
November 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Lafayette seems to be big on curses (Princeton, Colgate...Lehigh lately)....interestingly we seem to have a "Lafayette Curse" as of late in football and hoop.

I really think the Pards can win tomorrow....every team in the PL seems to be very "up&down" this year, but the Pards I saw at Fitton were more formidable than anyone HC played (outside of Towson but including Fordham) this year.

ace93
November 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Pizza D'Oro is my favorite spot. Italian family restaurant with good choices. However, Sette Luna is probably the best place in downtown Easton. Absolutely the best. Very popular though. Definitely check reservations. Also, River Grille is first class as well... reservations needed.

DO NOT go to Campus Pizza. I am committed to a negative advertising campaign against them wherever I go.

I can't imagine even considering an Italian joint in Easton when our home games are played a few steps from Little Italy in The Bronx. The food could be great, that's not even the point, just would seem like an odd choice when Italian is the main choice after Fordham home games. That said, I am not JimboCBA72 and perhaps that's what he wants.

The River Grille sounds great.
"With liberal amounts of marble, natural wood, and stainless steel, the atmosphere at River Grille exhibits a smart balance of classical and modern elements. The menu follows suit with a generous mixture of styles—Asian fusion, French, and nouveau cuisine—and an equitable distribution of seafood and land-based dishes."

JimboCBA72
November 15th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I can't imagine even considering an Italian joint in Easton when our home games are played a few steps from Little Italy in The Bronx. The food could be great, that's not even the point, just would seem like an odd choice when Italian is the main choice after Fordham home games. That said, I am not JimboCBA72 and perhaps that's what he wants.

The River Grille sounds great.
"With liberal amounts of marble, natural wood, and stainless steel, the atmosphere at River Grille exhibits a smart balance of classical and modern elements. The menu follows suit with a generous mixture of styles—Asian fusion, French, and nouveau cuisine—and an equitable distribution of seafood and land-based dishes."

Thanks P4L. When the last names of your travelling companions end in a vowel you sometimes don't have a choice!

carney2
November 15th, 2013, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=carney2;2049053]

So how would you rectify the Ivy curse?

Scheduling.

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM

What happ at Campus Pie?? Please tell P4L! Aye, what kind of prices at River Grille? I get nervous when A) I see a menu with no prices and B) when the name ends in an "e"

Bill
November 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Yes, don't confuse Taco Bell with Taco Belle :)

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
What happ at Campus Pie?? Please tell P4L! Aye, what kind of prices at River Grille? I get nervous when A) I see a menu with no prices and B) when the name ends in an "e"

Campus Pizza is just terrible... I've never been a fan. Their gyros are an insult to Greek food, and the owner is Greek. The pita was really limp and was smothered with sour cream, like a five-year old dumping mayo on a sandwich. I've had a few other dishes but can't recall at the moment. Pitchers are extremely cheap however, but they are at other locations like CHT and Milos. Campus Pizza is more like that "celebrity restaurant" or fad joint i.e. like the Cake Boss' joint. High on publicity and atmosphere. Low on quality.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Lafayette seems to be big on curses (Princeton, Colgate...Lehigh lately)....interestingly we seem to have a "Lafayette Curse" as of late in football and hoop.

I really think the Pards can win tomorrow....every team in the PL seems to be very "up&down" this year, but the Pards I saw at Fitton were more formidable than anyone HC played (outside of Towson but including Fordham) this year.

Lately? The Princeton curse goes back to the 1890s.

Lehigh is not a curse... ineptitude, institutional indifference are primary factors.

ace93
November 15th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks P4L. When the last names of your travelling companions end in a vowel you sometimes don't have a choice!

Ha. But then they are just going to complain that the Italian food in NY is better.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Ha. But then they are just going to complain that the Italian food in NY is better.

I've been to Arthur Avenue... Sette Luna is at best just as good and worst, just short. Desserts are good.

ace93
November 15th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I've been to Arthur Avenue... Sette Luna is at best just as good and worst, just short. Desserts are good.

I don't doubt it, but if you saw the threads we've had on fordhamfans.com just debating which restaurants in Little Italy are better, you'd understand what I am getting at.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 15th, 2013, 05:20 PM
While I wait in Newark for my final connection....

Bucknell 38 Georgetown 10 - BBall has started, celebrate!

Fordham 33 Lafayette 24 - 'Pards hang tough but Rams quest for a seed continues..

Lehigh 41 Colgate 31 - I've watched Colgate a bunch this year and I cringe at the thought of them in playoffs. Lehigh's team speed is the difference...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Lehigh 34, Colgate 28. Read why here (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/11/game-breakdown-lehigh-vs-colgate.html).

Bucknell 55, Georgetown 10. Poor Georgetown. This will be over at the coin flip.

Fordham 31, Lafayette 24. Closer than the records would indicate, but still a Fordham W.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 07:02 PM
In the words of c2, this stinking pile of crap of a season is nearly ready for curb pick-up.

Bucknell 41, Georgetown 6... ugly. Give some reps to the cheerleaders, Hoyas.

Colgate 38, Lehigh 33... Colgate has seemingly found a way to play a complete game. McC did not look injured at all and defensively, Colgate made key stops when needed. I have significant reservations about picking Colgate since Lafayette, when playing competently i.e. passing the ball on Colgate's poor secondary, was able to move the ball effectively. Lehigh is supposed to be equally competent even with two QBs splitting duties. Reed is probably the best rookie QB, but Shafinsky will probably be pretty solid. Meanwhile, it's the last home game for Colgate, so the Raiders will bring it... and it's Biddle Bobble-head Day! However, the key will be McC unleashing a passing attack to complement the ground game. Do that, and Colgate wins.

Fordham 31, Lafayette 28... this game is a complete mystery: how will Fordham respond to Nerbirch's absence? How will the Pards respond to an emotional loss? Fordham has had two very questionable games against teams that the Leopards stomped. The game is well within the realm of a Leopards upset, but I think the Rams will be more focused given the fact that they almost let last week's win slip away. Fordham will build a cushion early, but Pards will rally towards the end.

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Lehigh 34, Colgate 28. Read why here (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/11/game-breakdown-lehigh-vs-colgate.html).

Bucknell 55, Georgetown 10. Poor Georgetown. This will be over at the coin flip.

Fordham 31, Lafayette 24. Closer than the records would indicate, but still a Fordham W.

LFN: Lehigh 28, Alabama 3 ... read here why!

LFN: Lehigh 34, New England Patriots 10... read here why!

Do you ever pick against Lehigh?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 15th, 2013, 07:44 PM
LFN: Lehigh 28, Alabama 3 ... read here why!

LFN: Lehigh 34, New England Patriots 10... read here why!

Do you ever pick against Lehigh?

I did pick against them this year. I did notice you've picked Lehigh to go 4-6 this season, I think.

As for the Patriots, it would depend on the health of Brady, of course.

Go...gate
November 15th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Bucknell 22, Georgetown 7

Lehigh 35, Colgate 32

Fordham 28, Lafayette 13

Fordham
November 15th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Bucknell 22 Gtown 14

Lehigh 34. Colgate 22

Fordham. 52. Lafayette 33

Bye 76. Holy cross 3

Go...gate
November 15th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Bucknell 22, Gtown 14

Lehigh 34, Colgate 22

Fordham 52, Lafayette 33

Bye 76, Holy Cross 3

Bye finally breaks out, eh? xrotatehx

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I did pick against them this year. I did notice you've picked Lehigh to go 4-6 this season, I think.

As for the Patriots, it would depend on the health of Brady, of course.

No, I've picked Lehigh in every game except UNH, Princeton, Fordham and Colgate. As for preseason, though I picked: 1. Fordham 2. Lafayette 3. Lehigh... and it still can end up that way...

... but I think the toothpaste will cleanse the brown stain based on match-up, not emotion.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2013, 10:04 AM
No, I've picked Lehigh in every game except UNH, Princeton, Fordham and Colgate. As for preseason, though I picked: 1. Fordham 2. Lafayette 3. Lehigh... and it still can end up that way...

... but I think the toothpaste will cleanse the brown stain based on match-up, not emotion.

I think I picked them to lose to Princeton and UNH. All I know is that it's going to be a war up there in Hamilton. You can't be faulted for picking the game either way, IMO.

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Going to the Fordham game in Easton PA!

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Lafayette up 17-7 on Fordham.

Game thread is on the Lafayette Board (http://lafayettesports.myfreeforum.org/about2638.html).

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Pards doing themselves proud.

FordhamFan
November 16th, 2013, 07:05 PM
:(

God damn Pards had to ruin everything!

Good for them though. They stuffed our offense solid. And while yes, it was without Nebrich, they still did a helluva job.

Gotta give credit to Maetzold who had a bunch of tough breaks, but this game did show how amazing Nebrich is and how much he means for this team.