PDA

View Full Version : OVC Week 11/Week 12

Skyhawk71
November 10th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Well yes, with the exception of EIU, it has shaped up to be another typical year of chaos in the Ohio Valley Conference:
The Team: Eastern Illinois 6-0 (9-1)
Still Alive (At-Large): Tennessee State 5-2 (8-3)*7-3 Jacksonville State 4-2 (8-2) *7-2
Mid-Pack: Eastern Kentucky 4-2 (6-4) Tennessee-Martin 4-2 (6-4)
Everyone Else: Murray State 3-3 (5-5) Southeast Missouri 1-5 (2-8) Tennessee Tech 1-6 (4-7) Austin Peay 0-6 (0-10)

Week 11: JSU 68 EKU 10; TTU 41 SEMO 16; TSU 31 APSU 6; Memphis 21 UTM 6; EIU 37 MSU 17-
The game of the week turns out to be JSU's game of the Year thus far- EIU just keeps winning- TSU wins first of two that they should win- UTM leaves way too many points on the field versus a bad FBS- Tech takes down the same team that beat Murray?

Jacksonville State @ Eastern Illinois: JSU could lose this game and have a legitimate argument for an at-large, EIU is the #2 team in the country; I think JSU needs to make a statement though and make this a good game, a win and the Gamecocks will be IN...............

Murray State @ Tennessee State: This is a must win for TSU, lose and they are most likely out of any at-large conversation, with a win at 9-3 *8-3, and they may have some argument; will the Central State game loom over their playoff possibilities, when they could have picked up a MEAC or SWAC lower tier game?

Tennessee-Martin @ Eastern Kentucky: This could have been a huge game for both, now its just a game: UTM has never won a game in Richmond, and has only managed one win ever versus the Colonels, EKU comes out angry, and UTM complacent-

Southeast Missouri at Austin Peay, Tennessee Tech Bye

I have hit win the tailgate mode; Good Luck to everyone's teams this coming weekend.................It will most likely be interesting to say the least

Please share your thoughts, especially insight into the JSU-EKU game

Cocky
November 10th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Our OL and DL dominated the entire game. Didn't have to play with a backup QB as all we healthy for this game. Did have our third starting WR get hurt as he was carted off the field.
Believe we could have played with anyone in the country yesterday.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 10th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Insights into the JSU / EKU game? JSU domeinated from start to finish. As Cocky indicated JSU dominated on both sides of the line. If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting a different result, then we saw it first hand yesterday in the Colonels offensive scheme.

In 35 years of watching EKU football, I've not seen the Colonels beat like this. Until yesterday, I'd never left one early but we didn't stay for the 4th quarter last night. Got an early start on the 5+ hour drive back home.

JSU could have played with anyone yesterday. That was a thorough and sound whipping.

dgtw
November 10th, 2013, 10:32 AM
I would not have believed if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. This is the same EKU team that beat Tennessee State 44-0 last week. A turnaround of 102 points from one week to the next has to be some kind of record. And don't forget, Tennessee State beat Jax State 31-15 just a few weeks ago. A great day all around. Great weather and great job by the alumni band at halftime. (Especially a certain color guard member)

Hope we saved something for EIU next week.

OSRacer
November 10th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Crazy week in the OVC. Watched the EIU/MSU game and came away very impressed with Garropola/Lora and their OLine. They are the real deal. Murray is very inconsistent (as has been the case for years) and left a lot of points on the board. Not sure EIU is a National Championship contender but I think they finally break the OVC winless streak in the playoffs...maybe they were very vanilla against the Racers because they were the better team. Was shocked by the JSU/EKU score. JSU has a ton of talent and will give EIU a game. EKU kills a good TSU team then gets drilled by JSU. Hard to figure. UTM gave Memphis all they could handle and had chances to make it 2 in a row against them. The conference is getting stronger. We'll have 2 strong teams in EIU and JSU represent well in the playoffs.

TTUEagles
November 10th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Well...TECH finally won!:)