PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State (9-0) at Youngstown State (8-2)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ValleyTalk
November 10th, 2013, 08:21 AM
YSU Hall of Fame Game
#1 North Dakota State
@ #10 Youngstown State (will update once rankings change)

-A NDSU win gives them the Missouri Valley Conference Championship.
-A YSU win seals a playoff spot and gives them the opportunity to be co-champs in the Valley if they also beat SDSU to end the season.

At Stambaugh, these two teams have met only twice. In 2008, YSU beat at the time #2 NDSU 28-24. In 2010, YSU kicked a FG with less than a minute left to go up 29-28. After a huge kickoff return, it only took a few plays for NDSU to gash the YSU defense and defeat YSU 35-29.

Also yesterday's loss will likely eliminate the likelihood of 20,000 for this game, I still expect a larger crowd and a great atmosphere for this one. It is not too often that you get to see the #1 team in the FCS play, a team that could easily be ranked in the FBS Top 25.

Coach Tressel will be on hand for this one as he will be inducted into the YSU Hall of Fame. Weather 6 days out looks good. Around 52 degrees and partly cloudy.

GO YOUNGSTOWN!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Did Tressel have to show cause to be inducted into the HOF?

couldn't help it.

DoubleE
November 10th, 2013, 08:29 AM
you laugh but rumor is Tressel will be a head coach in college football again next season

ValleyTalk
November 10th, 2013, 08:31 AM
THIS HURTS:
@leefitting (College Gameday Producer): Yes. #Youngstown State, hosting @NDSUathletics was in the mix for @CollegeGameDay this week, until they lost last night. Next time.

They chose USC vs. Stanford instead.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM
you laugh but rumor is Tressel will be a head coach in college football again next season

of course he can, any time. A team just has to put up with the NCAA hassle. They have a long memory.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2013, 08:34 AM
THIS HURTS:
@leefitting (College Gameday Producer): Yes. #Youngstown State, hosting @NDSUathletics was in the mix for @CollegeGameDay this week, until they lost last night. Next time.

They chose USC vs. Stanford instead.

Interesting that they were in the mix....I would have thought about 1% chance. Maybe that is in the 'mix'.

DoubleE
November 10th, 2013, 08:37 AM
of course he can, any time. A team just has to put up with the NCAA hassle. They have a long memory.

rumor is he is taking over at the cradle of coaches next year, but we shall see

ValleyTalk
November 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM
@cbfowler: @IanWTanner @leefitting @DesmondHoward @KirkHerbstreit couldn't convince? The loss yesterday is what doomed it. YSU WAS front and center.

Houndawg
November 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
@cbfowler: @IanWTanner @leefitting @DesmondHoward @KirkHerbstreit couldn't convince? The loss yesterday is what doomed it. YSU WAS front and center.

More like it was NDSU front and center.

DoubleE
November 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM
More like it was NDSU front and center.

If that was case then gameday would still be in youngstown

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM
It would have been fun, but I had my doubts from the beginning this would even happen.

ValleyTalk
November 10th, 2013, 04:26 PM
It would have been fun, but I had my doubts from the beginning this would even happen.
We would have had it, but we don't now. Now we must win and hope ESPN is showcasing a home playoff game in late November.

@KirkHerbstreit: “@SBailey24: was YSU vs. NDSU an option for @CollegeGameDay next week before they lost yesterday?” Was the leader in middle of the afternoon

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2013, 04:33 PM
If the Bison offense stays patient I think they will move the ball consistently against YSU. If the Bison have a TOP of 34 minutes or above it should translate into a Bison win. Having sustained drives on offense will be the best defense for the Bison this week. Keep the YSU offense off the field and keep the crowd out of the game.

Darlinikki150
November 10th, 2013, 05:42 PM
We would have had it, but we don't now. Now we must win and hope ESPN is showcasing a home playoff game in late November.

@KirkHerbstreit: “@SBailey24: was YSU vs. NDSU an option for @CollegeGameDay next week before they lost yesterday?” Was the leader in middle of the afternoon

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda. Its gonna be a hell of a game no matter what. I'm a little worried w Olson out, but I see us playing more Nickel package than we usually do to compensate.

Offensively we just need to get the run game established and bring it out. Keep TOP high and we should get outta there w a slim win. Fingers crossed.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah, having Gameday there would've been cool but the game was and still is the most important thing. In terms of the conference implications this loss doesn't mean a whole lot. The autobid will very likely be the winner of this game and this will either vault YSU into the seeds or further solidify NDSU as the #1 team heading into the playoffs.

I'll be very interested to see how the Bison D does without Grant Olson and whether YSU can exploit his absence. Myself and fellow Bison fans can talk about how well the rest of the defense is but the truth is this is uncharted territory for this defense over the last 2 years. The only game remotely similar was the championship game last year when Grant had problems with his appendix that limited him but he was still out there as a coach on the field for a good portion of the game. It's a bigger void than most outsiders will think to not have a player of his skill and intellect on the field at all so that's the biggest question mark from the Bison side.

Looking at YSU as an outsider, I wonder how this team will respond to a disappointing loss. Last year their first disappointing loss of the season led them into a tailspin. Can they rebound better this year? We'll see.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2013, 06:12 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Disagree with the 'uncharted territory' for the Bison.

They played w/o Heagle for almost the whole season last year and Perry for all of the playoffs. GO is a great player but they will bring in Thorton and move CLJ to MLB and bring in Shepard to play nickel.

Bison defense will not miss a beat. GO will be missed but the defense will still be very dominant.

ValleyTalk
November 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah, having Gameday there would've been cool but the game was and still is the most important thing. In terms of the conference implications this loss doesn't mean a whole lot. The autobid will very likely be the winner of this game and this will either vault YSU into the seeds or further solidify NDSU as the #1 team heading into the playoffs.

I'll be very interested to see how the Bison D does without Grant Olson and whether YSU can exploit his absence. Myself and fellow Bison fans can talk about how well the rest of the defense is but the truth is this is uncharted territory for this defense over the last 2 years. The only game remotely similar was the championship game last year when Grant had problems with his appendix that limited him but he was still out there as a coach on the field for a good portion of the game. It's a bigger void than most outsiders will think to not have a player of his skill and intellect on the field at all so that's the biggest question mark from the Bison side.

Looking at YSU as an outsider, I wonder how this team will respond to a disappointing loss. Last year their first disappointing loss of the season led them into a tailspin. Can they rebound better this year? We'll see.
They went up 28-7 on the road at Illinois State a week later before blowing that lead in the 2nd half. I would argue that meltdown was far worse than the blowout in Fargo.

Very excited about this game!!!

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2013, 07:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They played w/o Heagle for almost the whole season last year and Perry for all of the playoffs. GO is a great player but they will bring in Thorton and move CLJ to MLB and bring in Shepard to play nickel.

Bison defense will not miss a beat. GO will be missed but the defense will still be very dominant.
Heagle is a great player but losing him wasn't nearly the mystery for me that losing Olson is simply because of the proven talent behind talent behind each player. They had an excellent backup safety in Brian Shepherd and even when he got hurt they had a quality senior in Bobbly Ollman who could step in and fill the void. Grant Olson has played every meaningful rep at MLB outside of the championship game last year when they took him out in nickel situations. This isn't something we've seen before and I'll reserve judgement about how well the defense can handle the loss of it's leader until I see them go up against a very potent YSU offense. You're welcome to the opinion that they'll be just fine and I hope your right but I'm really interested to see what happens this week.

penguinpower
November 10th, 2013, 09:17 PM

It doesn't matter. Ysu oc will run the ball up the middle 75% of of the time. NDSU will stack the box and dare them to throw. When /Boil throws in a half back pass or flea flicker the ysu defense will get sucked in and it also break their back and the game will be over.

Paladin1aa
November 10th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I'm looking for a very good game. And expect it to be close no matter which team wins. I'll be there watching YSU beat #1.

deez_na
November 11th, 2013, 09:04 AM
I heard Olson's injury might be an ACL, if that's the case we might need to step up on defense without him for playoffs

Bisonator
November 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
NDSU will be fine without Grant in the middle. I would say they are even more athletic. Obviously Grant is one of the smartest players on our team and helps a lot in getting everyone on defense on the same page and in correct position but they will be fine with CLJ in there.

As for the game against YSU, I think it'll be close for the first half but NDSU is simply the better team. Better coached, more athletic, more physical and deeper. They will pull away in the second half as usual.

27-13 GO BISON!

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2013, 01:06 PM
This is all you need to know about the kind of person Grant Olson is: http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/231431751.html

"In most cases, you would have surgery right away. I have to talk to Coach [Craig] Bohl and the staff today. I want to stay part of our effort to win a third straight national championship.''

Olson was not suggesting that he could do so by playing with a torn ACL. What's he hoping is to work out a plan with Bohl and the coaches to be a productive presence on the sideline -- "do something special teams-wise, or something I see the opponents doing on offense ... whatever I can do to help.''

And if surgery would take him away from daily contact with the team, then Olson sound as if his preference would be to delay it.

This is a guy who would've had the opportunity to compete for an NFL roster spot if he wanted one over the course of the next 9 months and he's sacrificing that opportunity to help his teammates out. Just a true leader.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2013, 01:08 PM
I think YSU has a shot at home!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I think YSU has a shot at home!

They better figure out which team is going to show up. NDSU has held their opponents to a season low point total 6 times this year.

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2013, 01:14 PM
NDSU will be fine without Grant in the middle. I would say they are even more athletic. Obviously Grant is one of the smartest players on our team and helps a lot in getting everyone on defense on the same page and in correct position but they will be fine with CLJ in there.

As for the game against YSU, I think it'll be close for the first half but NDSU is simply the better team. Better coached, more athletic, more physical and deeper. They will pull away in the second half as usual.

27-13 GO BISON!
Athletically, they'll be fine. What Grant brought to the field that'll be the toughest to replace was between his earholes. I liken it to a catcher and a pitcher in baseball. A lot of times a pitcher is at his best when he trusts the catcher behind the plate and throws whatever the catcher calls. Let the catcher worry about pitch selection/location and let the pitcher focus solely on executing the pitch. Littlejohn is going to have to do a lot more pre-snap than he's done before and the rest of the defense has to adjust to a new signal caller. I think this is an experienced enough squad where they can make that transition smoothly for the most part but I think there may be a glitch here or there where we'll see the difference that not having #34 out there makes.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Athletically, they'll be fine. What Grant brought to the field that'll be the toughest to replace was between his earholes. I liken it to a catcher and a pitcher in baseball. A lot of times a pitcher is at his best when he trusts the catcher behind the plate and throws whatever the catcher calls. Let the catcher worry about pitch selection/location and let the pitcher focus solely on executing the pitch. Littlejohn is going to have to do a lot more pre-snap than he's done before and the rest of the defense has to adjust to a new signal caller. I think this is an experienced enough squad where they can make that transition smoothly for the most part but I think there may be a glitch here or there where we'll see the difference that not having #34 out there makes.

I'm not saying there's a ton of room for error but for as sloppy as the Bison have played on occasion this year, they are still only giving up 12.2 ppg

Bisonator
November 11th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I'm not saying there's a ton of room for error but for as sloppy as the Bison have played on occasion this year, they are still only giving up 12.2 ppg

This.

I like Grant as much as everyone else but some people are going a little overboard IMO with some of their talk. Yes, Grant is a great leader, football player and an even better person. But some of the other talk (we may make mistakes we wouldn't with Grant or CLJ may not get them in the right positions) is doing a disservice to the other players on our team. We've had some mistakes with Grant on the field too. Let's have a little more confidence in ALL of our players and coaches.

Bisonoline
November 11th, 2013, 03:38 PM
This is all you need to know about the kind of person Grant Olson is: http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/231431751.html

This is a guy who would've had the opportunity to compete for an NFL roster spot if he wanted one over the course of the next 9 months and he's sacrificing that opportunity to help his teammates out. Just a true leader.

That is pure speculation on your part. Dont allow the emotion of the moment get to you.

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM
This.

I like Grant as much as everyone else but some people are going a little overboard IMO with some of their talk. Yes, Grant is a great leader, football player and an even better person. But some of the other talk (we may make mistakes we wouldn't with Grant or CLJ may not get them in the right positions) is doing a disservice to the other players on our team. We've had some mistakes with Grant on the field too. Let's have a little more confidence in ALL of our players and coaches.
Grant Olson was on the Buchanan watch list and a 3 year starter. I'm not saying all is lost I'm just saying it's not as easy as plug-n-play with the next guy and off you go without any difference. I will venture to guess that everyone on the defense is going to try to do their part to fill Olson's shoes and that'll be necessary for them to continue to play at the level they have been.

That is pure speculation on your part. Dont allow the emotion of the moment get to you.
You're absolutely right but would saying he wasn't going to give the NFL a shot (or wasn't going to have any shot in the NFL) be any less speculative? He was an all-American at the FCS level and I'm pretty sure anyone with that type of ability would be given an NFL opportunity if they wanted one, even if just a rookie camp invite. It's fair to say that with this injury he wouldn't be healthy enough to get back on the field until July if he had surgery today but the bottom line is if he has any shot at the NFL he'd need to have surgery ASAP and he's choosing against that for the betterment of the team.

SUPharmacist
November 11th, 2013, 06:54 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418052/

With Olson out, and a decent chance Williams is out this week, do you think the defense is due to lay an egg against an angry YSU team coming off a loss? Or is the defense going to play more inspired.

IBleedYellow
November 11th, 2013, 07:57 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418052/

With Olson out, and a decent chance Williams is out this week, do you think the defense is due to lay an egg against an angry YSU team coming off a loss? Or is the defense going to play more inspired.

No egg. Offense has about 38 minutes of TOP and wins easily.

TheBisonState
November 11th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Grant Olson was on the Buchanan watch list and a 3 year starter. I'm not saying all is lost I'm just saying it's not as easy as plug-n-play with the next guy and off you go without any difference. I will venture to guess that everyone on the defense is going to try to do their part to fill Olson's shoes and that'll be necessary for them to continue to play at the level they have been.

You're absolutely right but would saying he wasn't going to give the NFL a shot (or wasn't going to have any shot in the NFL) be any less speculative? He was an all-American at the FCS level and I'm pretty sure anyone with that type of ability would be given an NFL opportunity if they wanted one, even if just a rookie camp invite. It's fair to say that with this injury he wouldn't be healthy enough to get back on the field until July if he had surgery today but the bottom line is if he has any shot at the NFL he'd need to have surgery ASAP and he's choosing against that for the betterment of the team.

Grant was a 2 year starter as Preston Evans was the starting MLB in 2010 and 2011.

Scooter
November 11th, 2013, 08:37 PM
I'm not worried about Grant Olson or Marcus Williams being out for this game. They didn't play the the lions share of second half against Illinois State which managed a measley 46 yards of offense for the second half (20 of those yards came in the first drive when Grant was in the game).

Grant will continue to make a huge contribution in practice and on the sideline. Esley Thorton is a very smart athletic player. I would sit Marcus Williams and see how the young guns perform. Dress him but don't use him unless you have too. Colvin, Champion, Shepherd, Smith, Pierre, Dudzik, and Heagle will be just fine. We were just fine when Littlejohn went down, we will be just fine with Grant Olson down.

Everyone keeps talking about how mature this Bison football team is...I guess we are going to find out just how mature they are. What I liked was seeing grant Olson with a clipboard during the game. He just accepted his new role on the team and moved on. That's leadership.

IMO they best linebacker that the Bison have.....Carlton Littlejohn.

IBleedYellow
November 11th, 2013, 09:17 PM
I'm not worried about Grant Olson or Marcus Williams being out for this game. They didn't play the the lions share of second half against Illinois State which managed a measley 46 yards of offense for the second half (20 of those yards came in the first drive when Grant was in the game).

Grant will continue to make a huge contribution in practice and on the sideline. Esley Thorton is a very smart athletic player. I would sit Marcus Williams and see how the young guns perform. Dress him but don't use him unless you have too. Colvin, Champion, Shepherd, Smith, Pierre, Dudzik, and Heagle will be just fine. We were just fine when Littlejohn went down, we will be just fine with Grant Olson down.

Everyone keeps talking about how mature this Bison football team is...I guess we are going to find out just how mature they are. What I liked was seeing grant Olson with a clipboard during the game. He just accepted his new role on the team and moved on. That's leadership.

IMO they best linebacker that the Bison have.....Carlton Littlejohn.

I agree with this. I wonder if him being in the MLB position will benefit how fast he is, though. To play the Tampa 2 your LB's need to be FAST, so this should be fun to watch even more. Not saying Grant wasn't fast (he is my favorite Bison player to wear the uniform to date), but Carlton is just...different, but awesome.

Bisonoline
November 11th, 2013, 09:27 PM

Ahhh no. You must not follow who makes it to camp and who doesnt. Being a star FCS doesnt guarantee anything. Great guy for the locker room and the bench to stay involved. But I wouldnt throw the other hyperbole in trying to make it seem more than it is.

bri-dog
November 11th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Looking forward to this weekend! I'm flying into Pittsburgh Friday night, meeting my brother and 7 others from my hometown in ND. Our plan is to stay somewhere near Pitt and rent a party bus or something Saturday morning into Youngstown. We will be tailgating with some Penguin fans that they know -- can't wait!!

frozennorth
November 11th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Ahhh no. You must not follow who makes it to camp and who doesnt. Being a star FCS doesnt guarantee anything. Great guy for the locker room and the bench to stay involved. But I wouldnt throw the other hyperbole in trying to make it seem more than it is.
olson was at very least going to get a camp invite, very likely could in 2015 when he is healthy.

Big Rack
November 12th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Who wins the trenches between the teams?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Who wins the trenches between the teams?

Bison

Best offensive line in the conference.
Best defensive front 7 in the conference.

That is why the Bison are 2X NCs and most likely 3.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2013, 06:41 AM

I'm not saying he was guaranteed anything more than an invite. I'm not saying he was guaranteed anything more than an invite. Maybe if I type it twice it'll stick. It surprises me how some of you are so quick to write him off as a pro talent. The opportunity was there until this injury and any potential opportunity that may still be there would certainly be gone if he waits until after the season for surgery. I'd doubt he'll even get an invite in 2015 after being out a year and I wouldn't doubt if he's already decided that he's gonna move on from his playing career after this injury.

Bisonoline
November 12th, 2013, 11:05 AM
olson was at very least going to get a camp invite, very likely could in 2015 when he is healthy.

You dont know that.

Bisonoline
November 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I'm not saying he was guaranteed anything more than an invite. I'm not saying he was guaranteed anything more than an invite. Maybe if I type it twice it'll stick. It surprises me how some of you are so quick to write him off as a pro talent. The opportunity was there until this injury and any potential opportunity that may still be there would certainly be gone if he waits until after the season for surgery. I'd doubt he'll even get an invite in 2015 after being out a year and I wouldn't doubt if he's already decided that he's gonna move on from his playing career after this injury.

Not writing him off. Just saying the fact is he isnt guaranteed an invite. Why you think he is lock for an invite is beyond me. Is he special at NDSU? Yes. On the Bears for example? Not so much. I dont even think Walker got an invite. There are many Bison players every year that dont get a sniff form the NFL and people cant believe it. Its called reality of the situation.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Not writing him off. Just saying the fact is he isnt guaranteed an invite. Why you think he is lock for an invite is beyond me. Is he special at NDSU? Yes. On the Bears for example? Not so much. I dont even think Walker got an invite. There are many Bison players every year that dont get a sniff form the NFL and people cant believe it. Its called reality of the situation.
Even at NDSU there are players who get at least rookie camp invites every single year. Last year Andre Martin had that opportunity and he was probably the most criticized player on the NDSU roster and certainly not an all-American talent at the FCS level. I agree with you that talent at the FCS level doesn't translate to talent at the NFL level but I disagree with you about Olson not getting the similar type of opportunity as to what Martin got if he wanted one. I'll just leave it at that because neither of us will be proven right due to the injury he suffered.

tjamz
November 12th, 2013, 12:40 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Athletically we won't see much of a drop-off vs having GO out there, however from a game management perspective Grant's loss is huge.

To put it in perspective:
*On offense, there isn't another QB in the FCS that I would rather have calling the shots on a game winning drive than Brock Jensen.
*On defense, there isn't another person playing in FCS that I would rather have reading an offense and making adjustments on defense when the opposing team is trying to make a game winning drive than Grant Olson.

There is a reason that Bohl calls him the smartest player he's ever coached.

clenz
November 12th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Even at NDSU there are players who get at least rookie camp invites every single year. Last year Andre Martin had that opportunity and he was probably the most criticized player on the NDSU roster and certainly not an all-American talent at the FCS level. I agree with you that talent at the FCS level doesn't translate to talent at the NFL level but I disagree with you about Olson not getting the similar type of opportunity as to what Martin got if he wanted one. I'll just leave it at that because neither of us will be proven right due to the injury he suffered.
LJ Fort lead the nation (all of D1) in tackles his Sr season, All American, All Conference, DPOY, etc... He is out of a job right now....FWIW

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2013, 01:25 PM
LJ Fort lead the nation (all of D1) in tackles his Sr season, All American, All Conference, DPOY, etc... He is out of a job right now....FWIW
He did get a shot with Cleveland however. I know there's plenty of FCS All-Americans who never made it in the NFL but for the most part those who wanted a shot at the NFL were given one, albeit a long shot in many cases.

Hammerhead
November 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM
There are FBS all-Americans who never made it in the NFL or who had short careers as a backup or practice squad player. There just isn't much room on 32 NFL rosters.

Houndawg
November 12th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda. Its gonna be a hell of a game no matter what. I'm a little worried w Olson out, but I see us playing more Nickel package than we usually do to compensate.

Offensively we just need to get the run game established and bring it out. Keep TOP high and we should get outta there w a slim win. Fingers crossed.

Having seen them both in person there is no doubt that the Bison are the better team. Yeah the best team doesn't always win, but it will be a major upset if YSU pulls it off. Maybe if the Bison are resting their starters and getting some pt for the 3sand YSU's QB has his best day ever it could happen, but I doubt it. NDSU's defense is faster than YSU's offense. For all the talk of their front 7 it was their safties, especially Dudzik, that impressed me most against SIU; fast, excellent angles, excellent tackling in the open field. SIU would have lost the game even if we hadn't lost our QB on the first series of the 2nd half whereas YSU caught huge breaks in that our TE fumbled 10 yds from fg range with less than a minute left and an earlier missed xp kept the game from OT.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Hilarious pregame video coming out of Youngstown xrolleyesx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXgVKP8oW8s

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2013, 07:25 PM
The Bison will win the YSU game because of the front 4 on defense. They are very quick and athletic. Jirik, Drevlow, Perry, and Emanuel starting with Luecke, Schatz, Hardie and Gordon playing significant minutes are one of the main reasons for the defensive success the last 3 years.

The D-line makes the LBer corp and DBs better. Drevlow and Perry eat up a lot of blockers making it easier for the LBers to fill gaps and make tackles. The 2nds on the D-line are better than most Valley 1st teamers.

It all starts in the trenches and the Bison have the best O-line and D-line in the Valley....and it is not even close.

SoupCity85
November 12th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Having seen them both in person there is no doubt that the Bison are the better team. Yeah the best team doesn't always win, but it will be a major upset if YSU pulls it off. Maybe if the Bison are resting their starters and getting some pt for the 3sand YSU's QB has his best day ever it could happen, but I doubt it. NDSU's defense is faster than YSU's offense. For all the talk of their front 7 it was their safties, especially Dudzik, that impressed me most against SIU; fast, excellent angles, excellent tackling in the open field. SIU would have lost the game even if we hadn't lost our QB on the first series of the 2nd half whereas YSU caught huge breaks in that our TE fumbled 10 yds from fg range with less than a minute left and an earlier missed xp kept the game from OT.

I have to disagree with you there. If YSU wins, it's not even close to being a major upset. YSU just beat them 2 years ago. Should YSUs offense get on a roll, NDSU will see a team unlike any other this season. As for the SIU game, well let me offer you the UNI game for YSU. If YSU didn't make mistakes (ex. Blocked punt, fumble, Interception) ALL on their side of field, we would have won that game too. That may have been YSUs best defensive half of this season. SIU was shut down and our offense took over. PERIOD.

Do I think YSU poses a serious threat to NDSUs defense? Absolutely, with one exception....can't have a pick-6 early or it may be game over. I'm very interested in seeing how this game plays out. We may win if it's close, but a blowout would absolutely favor NDSU. I'm anxious to see which YSU team shows up, that may be the single question every YSU fan is asking themselves right now.

ValleyTalk
November 12th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I still maintain that when YSU's offense does not turn it over, it is lethal. Since the MSU game, the main thing that has stopped YSU drive's has been turnovers or going ultra conservative in the playcalling. When the Penguins need to score, like they did late against USD and after falling behind against UNI, they go right down the field and do just that.

I think Coach Wolford learned something last week. Going ultra conservative on offense and playing "not to lose" is not the best strategy in the 2nd half of a football game. Hell, that is one reason why SIU lost to us. I expect Coach Wolford and Offensive Coordinator Shane Montgomery to have this offense going flawlessly Saturday.

I like the Penguins at home at the Ice Castle 28-24. And I do not believe this is an "upset." Prior to last year's blowout, the previous 4 meetings were decided by an average of 5 points.

kingranch
November 12th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I have to disagree with you there. If YSU wins, it's not even close to being a major upset. YSU just beat them 2 years ago. Should YSUs offense get on a roll, NDSU will see a team unlike any other this season. As for the SIU game, well let me offer you the UNI game for YSU. If YSU didn't make mistakes (ex. Blocked punt, fumble, Interception) ALL on their side of field, we would have won that game too. That may have been YSUs best defensive half of this season. SIU was shut down and our offense took over. PERIOD.

Do I think YSU poses a serious threat to NDSUs defense? Absolutely, with one exception....can't have a pick-6 early or it may be game over. I'm very interested in seeing how this game plays out. We may win if it's close, but a blowout would absolutely favor NDSU. I'm anxious to see which YSU team shows up, that may be the single question every YSU fan is asking themselves right now.

two years ago might as well have been 10 years ago in college football, look at the a88 kicking you guys were handed to you last year, ranked third in the fcs!!!

ValleyTalk
November 12th, 2013, 07:59 PM
two years ago might as well have been 10 years ago in college football, look at the a88 kicking you guys were handed to you last year, ranked third in the fcs!!!
Congratulations... We were blown out one game last season. After Hess drove us down inside the redzone down 14-7, he threw a 96 yard pick-six and it changed the entire complexion of the game and it was a turning point in our season.

One year later, Hess is much stronger and will be ready to go.

Darlinikki150
November 12th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I still maintain that when YSU's offense does not turn it over, it is lethal. Since the MSU game, the main thing that has stopped YSU drive's has been turnovers or going ultra conservative in the playcalling. When the Penguins need to score, like they did late against USD and after falling behind against UNI, they go right down the field and do just that.

I think Coach Wolford learned something last week. Going ultra conservative on offense and playing "not to lose" is not the best strategy in the 2nd half of a football game. Hell, that is one reason why SIU lost to us. I expect Coach Wolford and Offensive Coordinator Shane Montgomery to have this offense going flawlessly Saturday.

I like the Penguins at home at the Ice Castle 28-24. And I do not believe this is an "upset." Prior to last year's blowout, the previous 4 meetings were decided by an average of 5 points.

Beating the back to back National champions, and undefeated Bison is most definitely an upset by any team in the league. YSU is not exempt from this.

SoupCity85
November 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Beating the back to back National champions, and undefeated Bison is most definitely an upset by any team in the league. YSU is not exempt from this.

That's what I'm beginning to love about NDSU fans......you think your team is the best thing since sliced bread. You've had a very nice run over the past 2 years....good for you. But hit me up in 2021, when you have a decade that includes 4 National Championships and 2 Runners-up....and yes, that equals 6 Championship games. Then, talk all the **** you want. As my friend ValleyTalk said above, if our Head Coach and OC come out to win, you all may be in for a rude awakening. See ya Saturday!!!!

kingranch
November 12th, 2013, 08:21 PM
That's what I'm beginning to love about NDSU fans......you think your team is the best thing since sliced bread. You've had a very nice run over the past 2 years....good for you. But hit me up in 2021, when you have a decade that includes 4 National Championships and 2 Runners-up....and yes, that equals 6 Championship games. Then, talk all the **** you want. As my friend ValleyTalk said above, if our Head Coach and OC come out to win, you all may be in for a rude awakening. See ya Saturday!!!!
SOO what if they come out to lose, should we expect a kind awakening?

Darlinikki150
November 12th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I'm not dismissing YSU, they are a great team. But if the tables were turned, it would be an upset win NDSU over YSU. And yes we are in a good run and we as fans we know it won't last. We can only hope to stay competitive and have chances to win more in the years ahead. Its how our football program has been for decades. It sure is nice being on top but I'm not delirious, the fall will come as it comes for all teams.

kingranch
November 12th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Oh and we are five years into this fcs deal, 2 national championships, I think we will be ok.

thebootfitter
November 12th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Oh and we are five years into this fcs deal, 2 national championships, I think we will be ok.
Not to mention two teams in '06 and '07 that had the potential for deep playoff runs the Bison been eligible.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM

and did it without cheating.

YSU would have at least 1 if not 2 fewer championships if the NCAA gave a **** about FCS enough to get tough.

Bisonator
November 12th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Hilarious pregame video coming out of Youngstown xrolleyesx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXgVKP8oW8s

My god that has to be one of the, if not THE lamest smack videos I've ever seen! xnonono2x

I expect the Bison to stomp all over the tuxedo birds and **** on them too! A frickin penguin? Seriously? Come on man! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROixfhb6ZKY

Hammerhead
November 12th, 2013, 09:07 PM
We know our team is the best thing in recent years. :p

I'm not saying NDSU can't lose this game, but they have to be considered the favorites for this game.

SoupCity85
November 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
I love you guys....hahahahahahahaha. Good luck Saturday!!!! And if you should lose, I'll be on my computer Saturday night reading all the excuses you put out there for us to be amused with.

Hammerhead....I'm in total agreement with ya dude. NDSU is absolutely the favorite, as they should be. But I still don't think it will be a "MAJOR" upset if YSU wins!!!!

penguinpower
November 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
and did it without cheating.

YSU would have at least 1 if not 2 fewer championships if the NCAA gave a **** about FCS enough to get tough.

Exactly what cheating are you talking about? Did they pay the refs?

penguinpower
November 12th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I like the matchup except for YSU's DL

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Exactly what cheating are you talking about? Did they pay the refs?

Nope, just the players. Or did we forget all about Ray Isaac and Mickey Monus?

The Vest is very good at whistling past the graveyard.

ValleyTalk
November 12th, 2013, 09:25 PM
@DanaBalash21: @21WFMJSports Jim Tressel expects to address YSU Football team Friday, on eve of North Dakota State game.

Darlinikki150
November 12th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I love you guys....hahahahahahahaha. Good luck Saturday!!!! And if you should lose, I'll be on my computer Saturday night reading all the excuses you put out there for us to be amused with.

Hammerhead....I'm in total agreement with ya dude. NDSU is absolutely the favorite, as they should be. But I still don't think it will be a "MAJOR" upset if YSU wins!!!!

Never said major upset, but it would be an upset. It will be a great game. My tailgate group just bought a bus Sunday, can't it make it to Youngstown this year but hoping to in the future. Pretty damn excited!

If any AGS Bison fans are looking for a place to watch the game, we have a room rented out. Just pm me and I give details

Darlinikki150
November 12th, 2013, 09:34 PM
@DanaBalash21: @21WFMJSports Jim Tressel expects to address YSU Football team Friday, on eve of North Dakota State game.

Good. We love nothing more than ruining a good school moment. Just ask Kansas State...

Houndawg
November 12th, 2013, 09:44 PM

Makes my point even more. We fumbled the game away 10 yards from the winning fg in spite of having no offense in the second half; everybody beats us in the second half, its become a tradition since DL took over. YSU could pull this off because they have a lot more to play for than NDSU does, but believe me, NDSU is much the stronger team.

Houndawg
November 12th, 2013, 09:50 PM

They've had three championship games in five years, and won two of them, while playing in a tougher conference; looks like they're right on schedule...xcoffeex

thebootfitter
November 12th, 2013, 09:55 PM
They've had three championship games in five years, and won two of them, while playing in a tougher conference; looks like they're right on schedule...xcoffeex
Getting a little ahead of yourself there, unless you are referring to the 2010 game with EWU to be a "championship" game.

thebootfitter
November 12th, 2013, 09:59 PM
And if you should lose, I'll be on my computer Saturday night reading all the excuses you put out there for us to be amused with.
I guess there aren't a lot of samples to draw from in the past couple years, but I think that generally, Bison fans aren't big on making excuses. I've seen a lot of Bison fans analyze the game and discuss what could have been done differently/better, but not a lot of excuses. Sure, there are a few complainers out there, but nowhere near the level of chattownmocs, for sure.

Thundar
November 12th, 2013, 10:07 PM
if our Head Coach and OC come out to win, you all may be in for a rude awakening. See ya Saturday!!!!

xconfusedxxconfusedx they normally play to NOT win?

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2013, 10:12 PM
My prediction:

Bizzzon 31
Birds in Tuxedos 14

penguinpower
November 12th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Nope, just the players. Or did we forget all about Ray Isaac and Mickey Monus?

The Vest is very good at whistling past the graveyard.

And what exactly happened there?

Southern Bison
November 12th, 2013, 10:26 PM

Soup, welcome to the party. When you've graduated from the diapers and you're finally out of pull-ups (i.e. 1 year or more on AGS) then you might act a little less like Chattownmocs.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2013, 10:31 PM

We'll see if we can spin one pick 6 into being the difference in a 48-7 game if it comes to that.

penguinpower
November 12th, 2013, 10:38 PM
We'll see if we can spin one pick 6 into being the difference in a 48-7 game if it comes to that.

Last year YSU would fold when they got behind. This year seems a little different, except for the MSU game. The jury is still out on Wolford's teams. The loss last year was a fold more than it was being unable to compete. There were a lot of "individuals" on the team last year, but they seem to be playing together more this year. Athletically, I think YSU matches up pretty well. I have seen our athletic team outcoached twice this year and one of those was a win the other was last week's loss.

Southern Bison
November 12th, 2013, 11:09 PM

(In the voice of Barney Stinson) Have you met our starting defensive backs?

thebootfitter
November 12th, 2013, 11:14 PM
(In the voice of Barney Stinson) Have you met our starting defensive backs?
Are their names Lee Gen and Dayree?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2013, 06:19 AM
And what exactly happened there?

You fricking kidding me?

Monus gave Isaac money and cars to drive. Monus was always on the sidelines for those games. The NCAA took schollies away but the statute of limitations couldn't take the 1991 title away. Tressel claimed he knew nothing about it.....bullsh**.

YSU cheated and that is a proven fact.

Bask in your 'tainted' title.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 07:37 AM
You fricking kidding me?

Monus gave Isaac money and cars to drive. Monus was always on the sidelines for those games. The NCAA took schollies away but the statute of limitations couldn't take the 1991 title away. Tressel claimed he knew nothing about it.....bullsh**.

and because they got away with it, how many $100 handshakes were handed out over the years?

Bison56
November 13th, 2013, 07:42 AM

I love you to.xkissx Hope to see you Saturday on here no matter the outcome.

SoupCity85
November 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I love you to.xkissx Hope to see you Saturday on here no matter the outcome.

56....I'll be here. And if we get spanked, I'll man up and congratulate all the Bison fans and they're team. I'm hoping the end result will be a YSU win!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 08:02 AM
The thing you don't understand here is that NDSU is on a completely different level. This won't be a game that YSU can win. When you can kick the crap out of a team while playing probably the worst game of the season, you are kind of unstoppable.

Houndawg
November 13th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Getting a little ahead of yourself there, unless you are referring to the 2010 game with EWU to be a "championship" game.

I was, my bad. It stands out because of JBB and lakes world class meltdown over Bill Fette. I think lakes even threatened his life.xlolx

Houndawg
November 13th, 2013, 08:14 AM
The thing you don't understand here is that NDSU is on a completely different level. This won't be a game that YSU can win. When you can kick the crap out of a team while playing probably the worst game of the season, you are kind of unstoppable.

Of course you want your team to win Soupy, we all want our teams to win. I've seen both teams live and unfortunately NoDak is right, NDSU is on a different level; for all practical purposes they're a good FBS team. I know they would have put a whuppin' on Illinois who barely hung on to beat us. Very little difference between YSU and SIU, big difference between both of them and NDSU. Wish it weren't so and I'd love to beat those ****ers but the only thing that will stop them this year is themselves.

SoupCity85
November 13th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Really?? I'm pretty sure everyone on AGS is well aware that NDSU is unstoppable, unbeatable and on a completely different level than everyone else. We get to read it on a daily basis from folks like you.

Yes sir, we get the picture...YSU has absolutely no chance of winning. I've pretty much read that at least 100+ times from your fans.

darell1976
November 13th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Really?? I'm pretty sure everyone on AGS is well aware that NDSU is unstoppable, unbeatable and on a completely different level than everyone else. We get to read it on a daily basis from folks like you.

Yes sir, we get the picture...YSU has absolutely no chance of winning. I've pretty much read that at least 100+ times from your fans.

They said the same thing the last two years only to have Indiana State, and YSU beat them in the Fargodome. Good luck Penguins!!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 08:29 AM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/45/45bc0b26aa9ff1cb4ce40685dd2e7c56233a2fe4a8ecee7215 747a2070221f8c.jpg

Thundar
November 13th, 2013, 08:36 AM

Really going to be that cocky???

Of course you want your team to win Soupy, we all want our teams to win. I've seen both teams live and unfortunately NoDak is right, NDSU is on a different level; for all practical purposes they're a good FBS team. I know they would have put a whuppin' on Illinois who barely hung on to beat us. Very little difference between YSU and SIU, big difference between both of them and NDSU. Wish it weren't so and I'd love to beat those ****ers but the only thing that will stop them this year is themselves.

thanks for the compliment, but every team has a chance especially with a couple key injuries on our side now

not all NDSU fans have big heads

They said the same thing the last two years only to have Indiana State, and YSU beat them in the Fargodome. Good luck Penguins!!

lol, yes true but coming from you and the performance your vaunted team put up this year.....well better not comment on anything till you guys climb out of the cellar

DJKyR0
November 13th, 2013, 08:42 AM

And then, you know, won back-to-back national championships. But that's all details anyway. What happened to those UN_ fans that were saying this was a playoff year?

BEAR
November 13th, 2013, 08:42 AM
When it comes to this late in the year, whether NDSU loses or not is doesn't matter. They are playoff bound and pretty dominant throughout the year. Once the playoffs start I'm sure we'll see the best of them win or lose anymore games this regular season.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Really going to be that cocky???

The SIU game gave me an inkling but last weeks game completely convinced me. ISUr is a good team and the Bison waxed them while playing one of the worst games of the season AND missing players to injury.

Bison56
November 13th, 2013, 08:48 AM

You must not read much then because I am sure I have read it at least 1000+ times.:D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM
You must not read much then because I am sure I have read it at least 1000+ times.:D

He must not read much if he's never heard of Ray Isaac and Mickey Monus. xlolx

SoupCity85
November 13th, 2013, 08:58 AM
He must not read much if he's never heard of Ray Isaac and Mickey Monus. xlolx

You have me confused with another YSU fan. I'm well aware of the Ray Isaac/Mickey Monus drama.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
You have me confused with another YSU fan. I'm well aware of the Ray Isaac/Mickey Monus drama.

Sorry, all you Penguins look alike to me.

http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/images/sized/images/uploads/penguins_group-770x538.jpg

clenz
November 13th, 2013, 10:03 AM
You fricking kidding me?

Sure...when I say this exact same thing I get neg repped and harassed like ****ing crazy by YSU fans.

This guy says it....the truth mind you...and not a single ****ing word.

YSU fans are ****ing dumb as ****

Twentysix
November 13th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Sure...when I say this exact same thing I get neg repped and harassed like ****ing crazy by YSU fans.

It could be your bedside manner, lol.

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2013, 10:24 AM

Do I say it or not........ :D haha

Vitojr130
November 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
This thread = top lel

ysubigred
November 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Sorry, all you Penguins look alike to me.

http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/images/sized/images/uploads/penguins_group-770x538.jpg

Yup Bison fans all look the same also.. :D

http://www.besthunts.net/Hunt%20Photos/Bison%20-%20Muskox%20-%20Exotics/BI567/BI567%20Dave%20Rankin.jpg

ysubigred
November 13th, 2013, 02:05 PM

Ouch... That's like saying "you people" xlolx

Twentysix
November 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Yup Bison fans all look the same also.. :D

http://www.naturenorth.com/Zoo/Blizzard_13.jpg

I think you may be color blind ;)

IBleedYellow
November 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Is it Saturday yet? Omg

Moto X

jub1982
November 13th, 2013, 02:48 PM
This type of talk is what embarasses me to be an NDSU fan at times. YSU can win. Jensen might get pick 6 happy again. We have injuries to key players. The games at their house. I would expect this from Lakes or JBB. Don't make us all look like arragant *****.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 02:50 PM
This type of talk is what embarasses me to be an NDSU fan at times. YSU can win. Jensen might get pick 6 happy again. We have injuries to key players. The games at their house. I would expect this from Lakes or JBB. Don't make us all look like arragant *****.

First rule of message board castigation, make sure you spell every word correctly.

That should EMBARRASS you more.

and yes, I can be ARROGANT at times.

stuperman17
November 13th, 2013, 03:46 PM

I hardly ever post here, just read alot.. And thats about the only vibe I get from most NDSU fans on here. Purely arrogant assholes. I don't know all of the fans, but just from reading alot on AGS I get that impression. Its great you're school is on top of the FCS world right now, but dear Lord..

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I hardly ever post here, just read alot.. And thats about the only vibe I get from most NDSU fans on here. Purely arrogant assholes. I don't know all of the fans, but just from reading alot on AGS I get that impression. Its great you're school is on top of the FCS world right now, but dear Lord..

I'd be really interested to hear from some old Gateway guys about YSU when it came in. From the UNI posters, you are kind of the pot calling the kettle black.

Bison56
November 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Some people are so sensitive.

stuperman17
November 13th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I'm not being sensitive about anything, I'm just calling it like it is. Nothing said on a website like this is going to bother me because its just a website for FCS conversation. Has no effect on my life.

I was in middle school in the 90's, I don't recall alot of arrogance from YSU fans. But I was younger, a little more oblivious to things I guess. I can't agree or disagree with you there. But from where I'm sitting right now, thats how I see it.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I'm not being sensitive about anything, I'm just calling it like it is. Nothing said on a website like this is going to bother me because its just a website for FCS conversation. Has no effect on my life.

I was in middle school in the 90's, I don't recall alot of arrogance from YSU fans. But I was younger, a little more oblivious to things I guess. I can't agree or disagree with you there. But from where I'm sitting right now, thats how I see it.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/45/45bc0b26aa9ff1cb4ce40685dd2e7c56233a2fe4a8ecee7215 747a2070221f8c.jpg

I guess I'll just keep handing these out.

stuperman17
November 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Ok bud.

As for the game. I'm a very realistic fan of any team I root for. YSU likely won't win, NDSU is good; very good. I won't say YSU has no chance, cuz thats not true at all. YSU is good, their offense is impressive. But I doubt YSU wins this game, and if they do... yes, thats an upset... for the YSU fans that believe otherwise. Its a big upset.

tjamz
November 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM
thats about the only vibe I get from most NDSU fans on here. Purely arrogant assholes.

Who you calling arrogant? I'm just an asshole, get it straight!

On a serious note I believe NDSU will win the game, probably won't be a blow out though as our D continues to adjust to the injuries of some of our key players.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Sorry, instead of explaining I went right into **** you mode.

I implore anyone who objects to my statement to actually read it in context. Houndawg has it right. The way this team is playing and still manages to beat the crap out of their opponents suggests a different level of play.

clenz
November 13th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I'd be really interested to hear from some old Gateway guys about YSU when it came in. From the UNI posters, you are kind of the pot calling the kettle black.
In general YSU fans tend to take jokes, compliments, insults, etc... the the worst and tend to be the moodiest/most defensive.....

There's some sort of complex within that fan base that I can't quite put my finger on.

BisonBacker
November 13th, 2013, 04:28 PM

You do realize that as a percent of the fanbase of NDSU those who post here or any website that discusses NDSU sports is likely less than 1or 2% of the entire fanbase. I'd lean towards 1% or even less.

clenz
November 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
You do realize that as a percent of the fanbase of NDSU those who post here or any website that discusses NDSU sports is likely less than 1or 2% of the entire fanbase. I'd lean towards 1% or even less.
On here?

WAAAAY LESS.

There's 10-15 of you that regularly post here? Even if your fan base was only what could fit inside the FargoDome that is a decimal so small my calculator puts the E on it.

BisonBacker
November 13th, 2013, 04:54 PM
On here?

WAAAAY LESS.

There's 10-15 of you that regularly post here? Even if your fan base was only what could fit inside the FargoDome that is a decimal so small my calculator puts the E on it.

Yeah but you got my point. I just think sometimes folks look at a fan board and just lump all fans in with what they see online. Either way painting with a broad brush will usually make you look like the fool.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2013, 07:07 PM

Most NDSU fans on here are pretty decent posters.

Can we be alittle arrogant at times? Ya, I suppose we are but this team is 37-2 the last 3 years. When teams have sustained success the fanbase gets alittle "confident".

Yes, YSU can win the game, they have a balanced offense that can put some points on the board. IMO, their defense is suspect at times this year. The Bison offense is better compared to last year's team that played YSU in Fargo.

I can almost guarantee that the 'Guins are going to stack the box or at least try to bring 1 safety into the box to try and shut down the run. Trouble is the passing game is a lot better this year. Plus Ryan Smith is back.

YSU has more to play for. They lose this game and lose to SDSU they might be out of the playoffs. They beat the Bison and they are in no matter what happens the next week against the Jacks. Even if the Bison lose this game and beat USD they are still a #1 or at least a #2. Playing for home field in the playoffs is #1.

Some guys over on BV in the know with some of the players say that is a huge goal for this team......to finish the season 11-0 and finish the playoff run 15-0. I think they will do it.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Most NDSU fans on here are pretty decent posters.

Can we be alittle arrogant at times? Ya, I suppose we are but this team is 37-2 the last 3 years. When teams have sustained success the fanbase gets alittle "confident".

Yes, YSU can win the game, they have a balanced offense that can put some points on the board. IMO, their defense is suspect at times this year. The Bison offense is better compared to last year's team that played YSU in Fargo.

I can almost guarantee that the 'Guins are going to stack the box or at least try to bring 1 safety into the box to try and shut down the run. Trouble is the passing game is a lot better this year. Plus Ryan Smith is back.

YSU has more to play for. They lose this game and lose to SDSU they might be out of the playoffs. They beat the Bison and they are in no matter what happens the next week against the Jacks.

Am I an asshole? Maybe. Arrogant? Probably. Was I being either in my post? No.

Houndawg
November 13th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I'm surprised some of you ladies don't catch the vapors and faint dead away. Its a fcs football board fer cryin out loud, when your team is up you toss the smack around when they're down you lick your wounds . Sometimes both in the same season, right clenz? Everybody will get a chance to talk smack to NDSU, just not this year. The same kind of whining went on about Montana fans back when they had good teams, and if you think NDSU fans are arrogant you should have seen Montana fans. Now of course JaBBer and lakes are a different story but even Bison fans won't let them hang around, they have to beg for scraps at the UNI and SIU sites where they're still tolerated out of pity.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Am I an asshole? Maybe. Arrogant? Probably. Was I being either in my post? No.

No you were not.

Now if you start talking politics then my mind might change...xthumbsupx

Darlinikki150

We aren't as bad as you think. Little more sassy online, but in person most of us are pretty hard working good people. And some posters are just assholes, and would be assholes no matter what. That's just life my friend.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I'm surprised some of you ladies don't catch the vapors and faint dead away. Its a fcs football board fer cryin out loud, when your team is up you toss the smack around when they're down you lick your wounds . Sometimes both in the same season, right clenz? Everybody will get a chance to talk smack to NDSU, just not this year. The same kind of whining went on about Montana fans back when they had good teams, and if you think NDSU fans are arrogant you should have seen Montana fans. Now of course JaBBer and lakes are a different story but even Bison fans won't let them hang around, they have to beg for scraps at the UNI and SIU sites where they're still tolerated out of pity.

Agree.

All of us Bison fans are going to eat some 'humble pie' in the near future and I'm sure there will be plenty of others rubbing it in.

Although, I wouldn't hold my breath for that to come next year cus the Bison are going to be really good next year too.

xnodx

Houndawg
November 13th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Agree.

All of us Bison fans are going to eat some 'humble pie' in the near future and I'm sure there will be plenty of others rubbing it in.

Although, I wouldn't hold my breath for that to come next year cus the Bison are going to be really good next year too.

xnodx

You ate some humble pie your first couple of seasons in the MVC, now you're up, enjoy it. As far as I'm concerned quality smack is a fine art and should be appreciated as such.

Houndawg
November 13th, 2013, 07:27 PM
We aren't as bad as you think. Little more sassy online, but in person most of us are pretty hard working good people. And some posters are just assholes, and would be assholes no matter what. That's just life my friend.

I think that goes for the large majority of posters. Now if you like it rough and tumble head on over to cs.com, that crowd is some live ones....

Bison56
November 13th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I think that goes for the large majority of posters. Now if you like it rough and tumble head on over to cs.com, that crowd is some live ones....
Yes they do. I thinks some ppl take some of this way to personal. Have fun.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 07:43 PM

While I don't worry too much about what people think of me, the only person whom I have met in this conversation is Houndawg and he can attest that I'm a pretty nice chap, if I do say so myself.

TennBison
November 13th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Don't underestimate Lakes, he is on this board and Bisonville under different names.

Twentysix
November 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM
While I don't worry too much about what people think of me, the only person whom I have met in this conversation is Houndawg and he can attest that I'm a pretty nice chap, if I do say so myself.

I feel sorry for you, that houndawg guy is an a-hole. :p

SoupCity85
November 13th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Wow, I leave the forum for a few hours and this bad boy blew up. My apologies for starting this mess. Just defending (hoping??) my team comes out to play some good (ok, ok....great in this case) football on Saturday. And yes, I have to admit...YSU did have it's fair share of jack##### in our day too. But some of you do go a bit overboard. But I have to say, you all allowed me to enjoy a few hours of S*$& talking during a slow time this afternoon. No hard feelings on this, hopefully none on yours either!!!!

I can appreciate how well NDSU has done in the last 2+ years, we YSU fans are hoping (scratching and clawing) to get back to those glory days. It was a great time!!!

As I said earlier...Good Luck Saturday and I hope we're having some Bison Ribs for the after game tailgate. Any Bison fans that will be at the game; you're more than welcome to stop by. Look for the spot with the BBQ grill, we'll be throwing down some ribs and chicken wings.xpeacex

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I feel sorry for you, that houndawg guy is an a-hole. :p

He kept on pushing bourbon on me. That was the worst he did. :)

Southern Bison
November 13th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Am I an asshole? More than likely. Arrogantly credulous? Yes. Trained by Chattownmocs? You betcha!

FIFY

UNIFanSince1983
November 14th, 2013, 12:02 AM
I really just don't see how YSU keeps this close. I just can't imagine a team that lost to our team in the state we were in this last weekend could handle NDSU. I didn't get to see the game last weekend, but it just doesn't seem likely YSU keeps it close even in the Ice Castle. Especially since NDSU is undefeated on the road for the past 2 plus seasons.

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Do I has banhammer?

EDIT: I DO, I DO HAS BANHAMMER!

Darlinikki150
November 14th, 2013, 01:07 AM
I really just don't see how YSU keeps this close. I just can't imagine a team that lost to our team in the state we were in this last weekend could handle NDSU. I didn't get to see the game last weekend, but it just doesn't seem likely YSU keeps it close even in the Ice Castle. Especially since NDSU is undefeated on the road for the past 2 plus seasons.

Solid point. We have won 16 consecutive road games. It is damn near impossible to beat us home the past, I will say 3 years, and its hard as hell to beat us on the road. I often feel teams don't have a home field advantage against us because we have been do strong on the road.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2013, 04:43 AM
and because they got away with it, how many $100 handshakes were handed out over the years?

A couple thing whipper snapper's. The NCAA rules around student athletes receiving any kind of assistance were a lot more loosly defined back then. I agree that vehicles being given out to athletes was still unacceptable, but it completely different era. Back in the late 1980's it was not uncommon for athletes to get things they weren't suppposed to get at any of the current FBS universities. NCAA compliance has been a problem for athletics within academic institutions and has been a point of tension since the 1800's.

If you think that something like this hasn't happened at some point in time in your university (outside of the service and military academies) you are sadly mistaken, stupid and naïve. It is all a matter of scale.

Boosters have always been a problem in college football at all levels and this continues today. However, today the NCAA has a bigger and more powerful compliance arm and college football has continued to grow in popularity to a point where media coverage and breaking stories are now always front page national news. College head coaches have become the proverbial free agents for academic institutions.

I currently reside in the South in the middle of SEC territory and I can tell you that some of the student athletes at some of these schools are borderline illiterate. The culture here is a little different. I was told that "If anyone was to report something like the fact that the kid can't read and it brought negative attention to the team, the person should fear for his life.".

Unfortunately this is how it is and it is the reason why many of the coaches and institutions want to pay the players. The issue is that not only does this break NCAA rules, but this model could not be deployed successfully to smaller schools with budgets that would not permit payment to players. It would also affect the circle of friends at every university-The Athletic departments. How many athletic directors does your university have and what do they make?

This issue is the reason why it is feasable to believe that the FBS will continue to head toward 4 super conferences and then decide to break off from volunteering to be part of the NCAA. Yes membership is voluntary for those of you that didn't know that.

So Ray Issac was sent by Tressel to see Monus for a part time job and the kid got a car out of the deal. Tressel knew about it and did not report it to the NCAA. Just like the issues at UNC, Miami, USC, and Alabama to name a few. FCS football is not in the spotlight of the national media because the interest level is much lower on a national basis, but I guarantee you that if Yahoo news camped out on your campus for 6 months like they have in some of the cases I listed above, your beloved institution would be found cheating becuase they would be out of compliance with NCAA rules. This is systemic problem created by NCAA and they haven't a clue about the realities and challenges the athletic departments of most institutions face regarding student athlete demograpics in college football. You go ahead and keep wearing your beer goggles whipper snapper because you have every right.

Maybe the Bison don't have that problem because all the oil money the student athletes have. So are Alabama's, Miami's and USC' titles tainted? Are they all cheaters? Do the dots have to be moved closer together for you?

penguinpower
November 14th, 2013, 04:59 AM

Does that mean that you are a ****ing stupid cornbilly?

Houndawg
November 14th, 2013, 05:38 AM

If asked on the witness stand, under oath, I would say that NoDak and Tatanka are both nice fellows, with the caveat that they refuse to drink high quality bourbon. Tatanka has a cool hat.

Lehigh'98
November 14th, 2013, 06:19 AM
What's the forecast for gametime in Y-town? Wish I could be there for this one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2013, 06:25 AM
A couple thing whipper snapper's. The NCAA rules around student athletes receiving any kind of assistance were a lot more loosly defined back then. I agree that vehicles being given out to athletes was still unacceptable, but it completely different era. Back in the late 1980's it was not uncommon for athletes to get things they weren't suppposed to get at any of the current FBS universities. NCAA compliance has been a problem for athletics within academic institutions and has been a point of tension since the 1800's.

If you think that something like this hasn't happened at some point in time in your university (outside of the service and military academies) you are sadly mistaken, stupid and naïve. It is all a matter of scale.

Boosters have always been a problem in college football at all levels and this continues today. However, today the NCAA has a bigger and more powerful compliance arm and college football has continued to grow in popularity to a point where media coverage and breaking stories are now always front page national news. College head coaches have become the proverbial free agents for academic institutions.

I currently reside in the South in the middle of SEC territory and I can tell you that some of the student athletes at some of these schools are borderline illiterate. The culture here is a little different. I was told that "If anyone was to report something like the fact that the kid can't read and it brought negative attention to the team, the person should fear for his life.".

Unfortunately this is how it is and it is the reason why many of the coaches and institutions want to pay the players. The issue is that not only does this break NCAA rules, but this model could not be deployed successfully to smaller schools with budgets that would not permit payment to players. It would also affect the circle of friends at every university-The Athletic departments. How many athletic directors does your university have and what do they make?

This issue is the reason why it is feasable to believe that the FBS will continue to head toward 4 super conferences and then decide to break off from volunteering to be part of the NCAA. Yes membership is voluntary for those of you that didn't know that.

So Ray Issac was sent by Tressel to see Monus for a part time job and the kid got a car out of the deal. Tressel knew about it and did not report it to the NCAA. Just like the issues at UNC, Miami, USC, and Alabama to name a few. FCS football is not in the spotlight of the national media because the interest level is much lower on a national basis, but I guarantee you that if Yahoo news camped out on your campus for 6 months like they have in some of the cases I listed above, your beloved institution would be found cheating becuase they would be out of compliance with NCAA rules. This is systemic problem created by NCAA and they haven't a clue about the realities and challenges the athletic departments of most institutions face regarding student athlete demograpics in college football. You go ahead and keep wearing your beer goggles whipper snapper because you have every right.

Maybe the Bison don't have that problem because all the oil money the student athletes have. So are Alabama's, Miami's and USC' titles tainted? Are they all cheaters? Do the dots have to be moved closer together for you?

Not every school producing a winning team has cheated. You think student athletes at NDSU are rolling around in oil money? Pretty sad statement.

YSU cheated. Simple fact.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM
My comment was a left handed question. It is obvious that the dots need to be placed really really close together for you.

NDSUstudent
November 14th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Don't underestimate Lakes, he is on this board and Bisonville under different names.

Watch out this guy will break your iphone.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
FIFY

You have no idea how much I enjoy the extent to which you dislike me for absolutely nothing. So much so that you will enter any thread in which I am engaged just to insult me.

I often forget you exist until you post. How much do you really think about me?

Bison56
November 14th, 2013, 08:48 AM
My comment was a left handed question. It is obvious that the dots need to be placed really really close together for you.

Just draw a line.

BisonBacker
November 14th, 2013, 09:07 AM

First of all I'm sure as you say if the NCAA looked at any institution they could find some kind of violation (big or small) but the caveat to that is not all violations are created equal. A violation is a violation yes but if you are going to go that far and say because it happens at USC or Miami ect ect ect it's going to happen elsewhere as well is well just flat out wrong. You can point fingers all you want at any FCS school and say what you want but until someone show's with undisputed facts that a coach or AD at (name your school) did the same thing I'll call BS. If you want to say violations occur everywhere and lump them all in as the same more power to you but I call xflaggedx

If you are going to do that we may as well say a speeding ticket is the equivalent to Murder! It doesn't work that way.

clenz
November 14th, 2013, 09:28 AM
First of all I'm sure as you say if the NCAA looked at any institution they could find some kind of violation (big or small) but the caveat to that is not all violations are created equal. A violation is a violation yes but if you are going to go that far and say because it happens at USC or Miami ect ect ect it's going to happen elsewhere as well is well just flat out wrong. You can point fingers all you want at any FCS school and say what you want but until someone show's with undisputed facts that a coach or AD at (name your school) did the same thing I'll call BS. If you want to say violations occur everywhere and lump them all in as the same more power to you but I call xflaggedx

If you are going to do that we may as well say a speeding ticket is the equivalent to Murder! It doesn't work that way.
Not worth you're time....They'll justify the cheating until they die.

They have come a long way in the last couple years though, since the ever mounting proof that Tressel has cheated everywhere and only won because of cheating has come out in droves. A couple years ago they were convinced that there was NO cheating what-so-ever. At least now they admit that there was, but just justify it.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
What's the forecast for gametime in Y-town? Wish I could be there for this one.

Should be a great day for football!

Saturday's forecast: Partly sunny, with a high near 58. South wind 6 to 11 mph.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Back to the game and a question for YSU's fans.

Who is Hess's backup and what kind of experience does he have?

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Back to the game and a question for YSU's fans.

Who is Hess's backup and what kind of experience does he have?

Dante Nania (#3) and NONE. That is the SINGLE, MOST SCARY thing about this team. If Hess goes down, there will be a significant drop off from that position.

MSU_77
November 14th, 2013, 09:53 AM
GEAUX PENGUINS!!! :)

Bisonator
November 14th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Dante Nania (#3) and NONE. That is the SINGLE, MOST SCARY thing about this team. If Hess goes down, there will be a significant drop off from that position.

I see he thru 1 pass for 2 yards last season. Has he played any QB this year? Not even in any garbage time? WOW that is scary.

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2013, 11:11 AM

So, since according to UNI fans we play dirty, you guys have a lot to worry about. Right?

BisonFan02
November 14th, 2013, 11:14 AM
So, since according to UNI fans we play dirty, you guys have a lot to worry about. Right?

Off topic, but nice Ban hammer..... GFY :D

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Tressel has cheated everywhere and only won because of cheating...

I wouldn't deny any wrong doing...i would agree that YSU got away with it. Even if it happened 100 times.

But please...enlighten me as to how Ray's car helped YSU win. Or how tattoo's helped OSU win.

clenz
November 14th, 2013, 11:27 AM

I wouldn't deny any wrong doing...i would agree that YSU got away with it. Even if it happened 100 times.

But please...enlighten me as to how Ray's car helped YSU win. Or how tattoo's helped OSU win.Illegal benefits...takes away amature status by recieving those things. Thus they were no longer amateurs and shouldn't have been eligible to play.....

Also, if you think that is the only cheating that happened....well...then...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM

But please...enlighten me as to how Ray's car helped YSU win. Or how tattoo's helped OSU win.

Same with any time impermissible benefits are given. That player is instantly no longer eligible and played despite that. It's quite simple.

The entire season was wiped from the record books in the case of Ohio State. Had that happened at YSU, no more championship. It's not about "winning", it's about playing fair.

clenz
November 14th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I'd say that makes a HUGE impact on how that car helped YSU win games....don't you?

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Same with any time impermissible benefits are given. That player is instantly no longer eligible and played despite that. It's quite simple.

The entire season was wiped from the record books in the case of Ohio State. Had that happened at YSU, no more championship. It's not about "winning", it's about playing fair.

These particular situations are what makes the NCAA the complete joke that it is.

As for YSU, If Ray had to walk to the game...he may have been hurt!!! Is that excuse enough for you??

Houndawg
November 14th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that there is a little bit of tension between the fans of the YSU and UNI programs?

clenz
November 14th, 2013, 11:38 AM
These particular situations are what makes the NCAA the complete joke that it is.

As for YSU, If Ray had to walk to the game...he may have been hurt!!! Is that excuse enough for you??
Why is that what makes them a joke?

Dude gets a free car, that is no longer amature status.

If he had to walk to the game? So be it...

He shouldn't have been able to play since he decided to take a free car.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I'd say that makes a HUGE impact on how that car helped YSU win games....don't you?

The same with Ohio State. You think they would have won games without Terrelle Pryor, Deveir Posey, and Daniel Herron? That's half their offense.

clenz
November 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
The same with Ohio State. You think they would have won games without Terrelle Pryor, Deveir Posey, and Daniel Herron? That's half their offense.
That was about 80% of their offense that season

BisonBacker
November 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM

Different argument and not saying I disagree. The second part of the comment I can only say WTF xcrazyx

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Why is that what makes them a joke?

Dude gets a free car, that is no longer amature status.

If he had to walk to the game? So be it...

He shouldn't have been able to play since he decided to take a free car.

Clenz, really? Wait till it happens to your team and they get caught. You'll feel the same way every other fan, for every other team that it's happened to. If you think kids all around this country aren't taking a few $$$ dollars here and there (maybe not your school).....you really need to crawl from under that rock you're living under. The difference between YSU/OSU and the rest.....is they were caught.

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Different argument and not saying I disagree. The second part of the comment I can only say WTF xcrazyx

I was being sarcastic!!!

clenz
November 14th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Clenz, really? Wait till it happens to your team and they get caught. You'll feel the same way every other fan, for every other team that it's happened to. If you think kids all around this country aren't taking a few $$$ dollars here and there (maybe not your school).....you really need to crawl from under that rock you're living under. The difference between YSU/OSU and the rest.....is they were caught.Um....what?

If UNI gets busted for this **** I'll be leading the charge for every single dip **** involved in it to get fired.

I was one of the ones leading the charge to get Terrell Sinkfield kicked off of the football team before last season when he was arrested for fighting and resisting arrest. I am also a Michigan fan, I wanted Dick Rod fired the second the caused Michigan to ever have the NCAA find an infraction - even as minor as it was.

I believe in a standard, and that doesn't change no matter the school.

BisonBacker
November 14th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Clenz, really? Wait till it happens to your team and they get caught. You'll feel the same way every other fan, for every other team that it's happened to. If you think kids all around this country aren't taking a few $$$ dollars here and there (maybe not your school).....you really need to crawl from under that rock you're living under. The difference between YSU/OSU and the rest.....is they were caught.

You must have very low expectations of either athletes, coaches, administration or all of the above if you think that's true.

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2013, 12:06 PM
You must have very low expectations of either athletes, coaches, administration or all of the above if you think that's true.

None of the above....what I do understand is that not all these kids come from alot of money (and that's the truth). What I do understand is that a coaching staff can't possibly keep an eye on every single kid within their program (without spending a large amount of money for some type of security). What I understand is that MOST administrations could give a **** less about their kids and coaches (as most coaches make more $$$) where abouts until they get caught.

So no, BisonBacker, it's not that I have low expectations....it's more like I understand the reality of the situation.

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=BisonBacker;2048531]You must have very low expectations of either athletes, coaches, administration or all of the above if you think that's true.[/

The only people who buy into what you just said root for a team that hasn't been caught yet. Is it chilly under that rock?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM
OK. Who cares? Tressel has always been a cheater. We rarely mention it until some Penguin puffs up their chest about the 4 championships. If Tressel had gotten caught like at OSU, they clearly wouldn't have had the success they had since it hasn't happened since they left. That's pretty much the whole story.

The thing about YSU is that you keep honoring him and taking his money. Hell, some of you wanted him to become president this year. Jeez.

This thread is about this years game. The one YSU will lose by 2-3 TDs.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
The Bison open as 14 point favorites on 5dimes.com. I wouldn't say a YSU win would be a shocking upset but it would be an upset nonetheless.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2013, 12:45 PM
The Bison open as 14 point favorites on 5dimes.com. I wouldn't say a YSU win would be a shocking upset but it would be an upset nonetheless.

Pretty much what I expected. 27-13 Bison!xnodx

TennBison
November 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Watch out this guy will break your iphone.
I never touched her I-phone/I-pod or whatever it was.

BisonBacker
November 14th, 2013, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=BisonBacker;2048531]You must have very low expectations of either athletes, coaches, administration or all of the above if you think that's true.[/

The only people who buy into what you just said root for a team that hasn't been caught yet. Is it chilly under that rock?

YSU is not big time or any other FCS teams for that matter when you are comparing them to the likes of USC ect. So to say that this goes on at every level so that teams can stay competitive is ludicrous. The only people who buy into what you guys are touting apparently are fans of schools where a infraction happened. When I say infraction I'm not talking about petty crap that if the NCAA wanted to drop the hammer on every school would be on notice. I'm talking about Free Cars ect. That crap doesn't go on at most schools. It certainly isn't the norm at the FCS level. So keep up the good fight YSU FAN#34 and SoupCity85 but you are talking out your proverbial backside. I live under no rocks and I also understand the reality of the situation at this level. If you want to defend YSU and Tressel by saying it happens everywhere fine but you are wrong. Not saying crap doesn't happen but at this level that **** isn't the norm.

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Would love to respond but NoDak says this thread is only about this years game. Wouldn't want him to ask if i need a hug. Btw are you making the trip? Come join us for some grub.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Would love to respond but NoDak says this thread is only about this years game. Wouldn't want him to ask if i need a hug. Btw are you making the trip? Come join us for some grub.

Wish I could. Just moved to KS from Columbus so it's a lot farther than it used to be. I've been to 2 road games plus a trip to Fargo already this year so no more road trips for me until Frisco.

Bummer. NDSU plays the Buckeyes at the Schott this year too. I was there for 4 years and the shortest Bison road trip was to Akron for the Bracketbuster game last season.

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
You sure? I can have Ray pick you up? I think he and Tressel are riding together in the same limo.

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2013, 02:14 PM
You sure? I can have Ray pick you up? I think he and Tressel are riding together in the same limo.

Hahahahahahahahahah.....and it's on Mickey Monus.

Thundar
November 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolx

thats a a good one

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 14th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Hey you arrogant assh*le what do you mean back when Montana had good teams?

Lick this wound MF'er

xcoffeex

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Houndawg
November 14th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Hey you arrogant assh*le what do you mean back when Montana had good teams?

Lick this wound MF'er

xcoffeex

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

xlolx I knew that would smoke you out of your hole...

NDSUstudent
November 14th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I never touched her I-phone/I-pod or whatever it was.

ok your son then.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Since I read opposing boards but will never register and troll them, I think that this post needs to be answered somewhere.

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/Themes/Pro_Red_2_0/images/useroff.gif YSU FAN#34 (http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1466)

Rock Hopper Penguin
http://ysupenguins.com/forum/Themes/Pro_Red_2_0/images/star.gif
http://ysupenguins.com/forum/avatars/YSU/Youngstown_St.gif (http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1466)

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/Themes/Pro_Red_2_0/images/icons/profile_sm.gif (http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1466)

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/Themes/Pro_Red_2_0/images/post/xx.gif
Re: Media view from Fargo (http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,8577.msg66220.html#msg66220) « Reply #3 on: Today at 12:06:43 PM »

I'm sorry but i have to say this...and i get that he is the homer radio guy here. But honestly, his facial expression and inflection when he says "cheated" is over the top. It is more appropriate to say emphatically that YSU AND TRESSEL BROKE THE RULES and got away with it. However, cheat is too strong of a word and IMHO not even close to accurate.

Cheating by definition is
1. To act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game..." I'm pretty sure that Ray's car didn't give him any unfair advantage while he handed the ball off or threw a pass. PERIOD!!! Belichek stealing plays or spying to help win you a game is cheating...getting a free car is NOT!!!

Am i happy about the deception or the lying by anyone in this case...NO! Should they have been punished more severely...YES!!! Call him/them liars or dishonest or whatever...but cheaters is ridiculous.

---------------------------------

Nobody, but NOBODY likes Mike McFeely but he has a point.

Tressel ignored the things going on, therefore allowing otherwise ineligible players to continue giving him an advantage to which he was not entitled.

That, is cheating.

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Good God NoDi*k. Im sorry...is there some national board of AGS directors made up of schmucks like you that people must apply to and beg and plead to post on a forum? Is there some rule that ARROGANT ASSHOLES like you who love to throw the TROLL term around like its an verb or adjective that says i cant post on a general forum. I dont post on biSSSSSon boards. THAT would be a troll. At some point everyone is new and everyone posts. Even you were.

Thats cool though. Ill just continue to post just to have fun. Because you have no authority over me. But mostly because you are an arrogant asshole. And i will dub myself the Village Idiot. Just remember that you are one of and always will be one of the village OF idiots.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Good God NoDi*k. Im sorry...is there some national board of AGS directors made up of schmucks like you that people must apply to and beg and plead to post on a forum? Is there some rule that ARROGANT ASSHOLES like you who love to throw the TROLL term around like its an verb or adjective that says i cant post on a general forum. I dont post on biSSSSSon boards. THAT would be a troll. At some point everyone is new and everyone posts. Even you were.

Thats cool though. Ill just continue to post just to have fun. Because you have no authority over me. But mostly because you are an arrogant asshole. And i will dub myself the Village Idiot. Just remember that you are one of and always will be one of the village OF idiots.

Holy cow, you know everybody can see the internet, right?

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM

NoDak loves to call people a troll and says he is not one, therefore his copying and pasting from one schools board and pasting to another general board is somehow NOT trolling?

That, NoDak, is a troll.

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Yes. I do know that. And your point is what exactly?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 04:26 PM

NoDak loves to call people a troll and says he is not one, therefore his copying and pasting from one schools board and pasting to another general board is somehow NOT trolling?

That, NoDak, is a troll.

When you're wrong, it doesn't matter WHERE you're wrong. That circle jerk will never tell you you're wrong so why shouldn't I?

bisonboone11
November 14th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Is there a thread somewhere that discusses the NDSU @ YSU game this weekend?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 04:43 PM

What else that isn't in the first 50 posts?

TennBison
November 14th, 2013, 04:46 PM

Yeah but it has already been determined that NDSU will win so the thread has moved on to more important issues.

Bison56
November 14th, 2013, 04:59 PM
This is good stuff. xlolx

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
The directors of the firm hired to continue this thread wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The thread will now be completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
This is good stuff. xlolx

I know, right? It's good to have a decent opponent for a change. Makes the week go much faster.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I know, right? It's good to have a decent opponent for a change. Makes the week go much faster.

Wish I felt that way. I can only think of way we will lose a game.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 05:21 PM

The same way everybody else does. Only have about 2 1/2 qtrs of football in ya

Twentysix
November 14th, 2013, 05:40 PM

If you would like YSU to win more games, may I suggest what NDSU has done. We call it 'Science'.

Have your medical extension study salt in relation to game day performance. We wear down FBS teams with science, it should work for anyone.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 05:43 PM
If you would like YSU to win more games, may I suggest what NDSU has done. We call it 'Science'.

Have your medical extension study salt in relation to game day performance. We wear down FBS teams with science, it should work for anyone.

Yep.

http://cache.vevo.com/Content/VevoImages/video/9766FFF9950101284DAA3F6FF70DE523.jpg

clenz
November 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Dear NDSU fans, these are the YSU turds I've been referencing for years on forums. Hopefully you now have a greater appreciation for what I've described in the past

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM

It will not be a 48-7 beat down like last year but if the Bison do not turn it over they will win by 2 TDs. The Bison offense is better this year compared to last year and stacking the box to stop Ojuir/Crocket has not worked for teams. Jensen has improved in the passing game and the WRs have really stepped up this year.

YSU really needed to win the UNI game cus if they lose the these last 2 games they might not make it into the playoff field. 8-4 with a 3 game losing streak to finish the season will not look good.

DA BEAR
November 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM
NDSU 34
YSU 14

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Dear NDSU fans, these are the YSU turds I've been referencing for years on forums. Hopefully you now have a greater appreciation for what I've described in the past

Agree.

But come on clenz, you have also ripped NDSU and NDSU fans on here and elsewhere also. Ya, most probably deserved it but you really bad-mouthed the NDSU program also.

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=clenz;2048805]Dear NDSU fans, these are the YSU turds I've been referencing for years on forums. Hopefully you now have a greater appreciation for what I've described in the past

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

OMG...really?!?!?! Because YOU never talk smack or offer up some *********!!! Hypocrite!!! You must be just envious, perhaps jealous, or perhaps just mind blowingly ticked off that even though YSU is UNI's bit*h, we still have 4 trophies on our campus.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
This has been kind of a fun thread and week. Haven't had an opponents fans to really spar with since UNI **** the bed. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=clenz;2048805]Dear NDSU fans, these are the YSU turds I've been referencing for years on forums. Hopefully you now have a greater appreciation for what I've described in the past

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

OMG...really?!?!?! Because YOU never talk smack or offer up some *********!!! Hypocrite!!! You must be just envious, perhaps jealous, or perhaps just mind blowingly ticked off that even though YSU is UNI's bit*h, we still have 4 trophies on our campus.

But none since the cheater left campus.

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2013, 06:49 PM
We have an entire day of this still?

xblehx

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=YSU FAN#34;2048826]

But none since the cheater left campus.

But still four more than UNI!!! Because thats who i'm talking to. Go try and cyberbully someone else NoDak.

Lehigh'98
November 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM
NoDak is an Apphole

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;2048833]

But still four more than UNI!!! Because thats who i'm talking to. Go try and cyberbully someone else NoDak.

Unless you are actually Jim Tressel, I'm not entirely sure how you think that is cyberbullying

I would suggest you never engage citdog or AG1

Darlinikki150
November 14th, 2013, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=YSU FAN#34;2048847]

Unless you are actually Jim Tressel, I'm not entirely sure how you think that is cyberbullying

I would suggest you never engage citdog or AG1

Those guys are pussy cats, don't let the big bad NoDak scare you!

YSU FAN#34
November 14th, 2013, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;2048851]

Those guys are pussy cats, don't let the big bad NoDak scare you!

Lol...thanks. But i've yet to find a PUSSY cat to be afraid of.

Mr. C
November 14th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Mr. C will be knocking another FCS stadium off his bucket list on Saturday by covering the North Dakota State-Youngstown State game. I can't wait to get my first chance to watch a game at Stambaugh Stadium. Better than just driving by in the off-season, like the last time I was in Youngstown, Ohio. Looking forward to meeting lots of Bison and Penguin fans.

Mr. C
November 14th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Yep.

http://cache.vevo.com/Content/VevoImages/video/9766FFF9950101284DAA3F6FF70DE523.jpg

Thomas Dolby!!! How did he make an AGS thread? Married to one of my favorite actresses when I was in my teens and 20s, the lovely Kathleen Beller.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Thomas Dolby!!! How did he make an AGS thread? Married to one of my favorite actresses when I was in my teens and 20s, the lovely Kathleen Beller.

Making a science joke.

Interestingly enough. He played here in Lawrence a few nights ago.

ValleyTalk
November 14th, 2013, 08:48 PM
GO GUINS!

penguinpower
November 14th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Mr. C will be knocking another FCS stadium off his bucket list on Saturday by covering the North Dakota State-Youngstown State game. I can't wait to get my first chance to watch a game at Stambaugh Stadium. Better than just driving by in the off-season, like the last time I was in Youngstown, Ohio. Looking forward to meeting lots of Bison and Penguin fans.

Mr. C. Please visit the indoor practice facility.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2013, 09:15 PM

Clenz,

If you are referring to me you can just go out there and say it. I don't give a **** what you think, but I can't imagine that you would be referring to me.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Hey Penguins, just in case. I'm still handing them out.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3279522/does-someone-need-a-hug-o.gif

Mr. C
November 14th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Mr. C. Please visit the indoor practice facility.
Will do, if someone will give me the grand tour. Will be interesting to compare it to Appalachian State's indoor field.

Mr. C
November 14th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Making a science joke.

Interestingly enough. He played here in Lawrence a few nights ago.
As in She Blinded Me With Science. I got that. Most of us fellow keyboard artists have a warm spot for Mr. Dolby.

Was Mrs. Dolby, Kathleen Beller, in the house?

UNIFanSince1983
November 15th, 2013, 06:20 AM
I hear there is some science talk going on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YRL4uIVzVWI

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2013, 06:31 AM
My 2$:

Keys for YSU:

- Need an effective running game. If the Bison make the YSU 1-dimensional with the pass it will be a long day for them.
- Contain the Bison running game. If YSU cannot stop the Bison from running the TOP will make it very difficult for YSU to score.
- No turnovers
- YSU's offensive line needs to have their best game tomorrow.
- Don't punt the ball to Dudzik or Smith.

Keys for NDSU:

- Keep YSU off balance with short passing game with an occasional deep pass to Vraa. Keep the chains moving and dominate the TOP.
- Defense needs to keep everything in front of them. No big plays.
- Wear down the YSU defense with long time consuming drives.
- Don't beat yourself with turnovers.
- Run the ball Brock. If coverage is there then take off and run. If Brock has 60+ yards rushing the Bison win this game.

I cannot wait for this game. Should be a very good one. IMO, the Bison wear down YSU in the 2nd half and win by 2 TDs.

GO BISON

NoDak 4 Ever
November 15th, 2013, 07:28 AM
As in She Blinded Me With Science. I got that. Most of us fellow keyboard artists have a warm spot for Mr. Dolby.

Was Mrs. Dolby, Kathleen Beller, in the house?

Beats me. I have 2 small children, I never leave the house. I happened to hear a commercial on the radio the other day. This is a real hipster town so all that retro stuff really sells here.

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2013, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;2048943]Hey Penguins, just in case. I'm still handing them out.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3279522/does-someone-need-a-hug-o.gif[/QUOTE

OMG...it just hit me at this very moment. Judging by the sheer volume of these that you keep trying to hand out with no takers...i'm pretty sure i have figured out what you are doing. With all of your cyberbullying, and infatuation with correcting someones grammar or spelling, or your use of words like TROLL that you use in an attempt to degrade someone, among other sad things...It has become painfully clear that you have a severe inferiority complex coupled with self esteem issues (and what arrogant a-hole wouldn't.) i now see that you actually are crying out for help and YOU, in fact, are the one that needs, but more importantly is begging for, a hug. I am so sorry that it took this long to put all the pieces together. I blame myself. No problem though, Buddy (pun intended) i got your back.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 15th, 2013, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;2048943]Hey Penguins, just in case. I'm still handing them out.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3279522/does-someone-need-a-hug-o.gif[/QUOTE

OMG...it just hit me at this very moment. Judging by the sheer volume of these that you keep trying to hand out with no takers...i'm pretty sure i have figured out what you are doing. With all of your cyberbullying, and infatuation with correcting someones grammar or spelling, or your use of words like TROLL that you use in an attempt to degrade someone, among other sad things...It has become painfully clear that you have a severe inferiority complex coupled with self esteem issues (and what arrogant a-hole wouldn't.) i now see that you actually are crying out for help and YOU, in fact, are the one that needs, but more importantly is begging for, a hug. I am so sorry that it took this long to put all the pieces together. I blame myself. No problem though, Buddy (pun intended) i got your back.

If I were you, I'd stick to goguins, you are clearly far to sensitive for this. Whatever you do, do NOT go over to cs.com. They will have you in tears very quickly.

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2013, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=YSU FAN#34;2049045]

If I were you, I'd stick to goguins, you are clearly far to sensitive for this. Whatever you do, do NOT go over to cs.com. They will have you in tears very quickly.

See...you are doing it again. I have no sensitivity issues at all. You on the other hand seem to be getting defensive. Making accusations about my sensitivity and warning me not to go to another site. You see you are trying to control me again. Thats what a bully does. Thats what someone does with self esteem issues. You can dish it out but you cant take it.

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Can anyone tell me what the benchmark is for "total posts required" before someone like...ohhh...i dont know...off the top of my head lets just say nodak...stops calling you a troll?

gotts
November 15th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Can anyone tell me what the benchmark is for "total posts required" before someone like...ohhh...i dont know...off the top of my head lets just say nodak...stops calling you a troll?

More than 29.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 15th, 2013, 08:17 AM
More than 29.

wrong. when all you do is whine about other posters treatment of you it doesn't matter how many posts you have. See Darell.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM

I never called you a troll. In fact, I rarely if ever call anyone a troll. That is reserved for a very special few who are really trolls.

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
More than 29.

That the best you got? Figures you cant give me a straight answer. You need a hug too?

clenz
November 15th, 2013, 08:24 AM
****...I play nice over here.

gotts
November 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM
That the best you got? Figures you cant give me a straight answer. You need a hug too?
xcoffeex

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM
"Since I read opposing boards but will never register and troll them, I think that this post needs to be answered somewhere"

excuse me...you are correct but judging by the rest of your posts i have no doubt you were indirectly calling ME a troll.

darell1976
November 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM
wrong. when all you do is whine about other posters treatment of you it doesn't matter how many posts you have. See Darell.

xhugx

Bisonator
November 15th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Oh come on game day! xhypedx

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM
It's, far too easy, to push, your buttons.

SoupCity85
November 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Oh come on game day! xhypedx

I know, I know...I can't for YSU to open that can and SHOCK the world with a MAJOR upset!!! Go YSU

Bisonator
November 15th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Article on both QB's: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418409/

Bisonator
November 15th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I know, I know...I can't for YSU to open that can and SHOCK the world with a MAJOR upset!!! Go YSU

There's always hope. Right up until you get crushed! :D

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
It's, far too easy, to push, your buttons.

I hate to burst your bubble but you arent even close to any of my BUTTONS. Looks like you are another one who cant take a little back and forth banter. Talk to NO-NO...maybe you can work that out.

By the way, i expect to get crushed, to lose next week as well, and to miss the playoffs like every one of the last several years. So you are gonna have to deal with the village idiot in other forms. I'm fine with this type of stuff though. Gotta reach that benchmark, you know?

Also one more thing...you have too many commas. Just thought i would point that out before NO DAK sees this. You might want to edit your post.

Scooter
November 15th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I hate to burst your bubble but you arent even close to any of my BUTTONS. Looks like you are another one who cant take a little back and forth banter. Talk to NO-NO...maybe you can work that out.

By the way, i expect to get crushed, to lose next week as well, and to miss the playoffs like every one of the last several years. So you are gonna have to deal with the village idiot in other forms. I'm fine with this type of stuff though. Gotta reach that benchmark, you know?

Also one more thing...you have too many commas. Just thought i would point that out before NO DAK sees this. You might want to edit your post.
Chaos...can I try?....PUSH....you are right....that was easy.xthumbsupx

YSU FAN#34
November 15th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Chaos...can I try?....PUSH....you are right....that was easy.xthumbsupx

nice try scooter!!! Great effort there i can appreciate that. But i am sorry to inform you i cant respond to you any further until you have over 1,000 posts. You are slowly but surely inching your way out of that troll status. Keep up the good fight!!!

SoupCity85
November 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha....even YSUs local sports coverage has dogged on the "uppity" NDSU fans who think they're better than everyone else. I love that guy, he tends to speak his mind.

"Jim Tressel will be inducted into YSU’s Hall of Fame. (Note to all those uppity NDSU fans who seem offended that YSU is honoring a “cheater”: Go soak your head.)"