PDA

View Full Version : JSU All Over Eastern Kentucky

Redbirdz
November 9th, 2013, 11:15 PM
WOW, Jacksonville State hammered Eastern Kentucky 68-10.

DrStrangelove
November 9th, 2013, 11:58 PM
40-3 at halftime, 54-10 after three quarters. Total domination of one of the top three teams in the conference coming in.

I've been saying all along that the only sure loss on the JSU schedule was Eastern Illinois, and I still believe the Panthers will win going away, simply because they are at home and because they easily have the most talent of anyone in the OVC. But it would not surprise me one bit if the Gamecocks make it close in the fourth quarter. JSU was hitting on all cylinders for the first time this season and they might have enough left in the tank to pull the upset.

Cocky
November 10th, 2013, 07:57 AM
If our QBs stay healthy and Pope gets 100% we have a decent chance.
Yesterday was fun to watch, we could have played with anyone in the country.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Yesterday was fun to watch, we could have played with anyone in the country.

Actually Cocky, from where I sat that was not much fun to watch. At least not while wearing maroon. It was made slightly easier by the fact that everyone seemed to think we were bama fans in our maroon. Welcome to FCS football in SEC country. As you've likely seen on past trips to EKU we have more than enough blue in the stands. It did make it easier for me to slip out without drawing any attention at the start of the 4th quarter. I guess they all thought I was heading out to watch the tide.

dgtw
November 10th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Actually Cocky, from where I sat that was not much fun to watch. At least not while wearing maroon. It was made slightly easier by the fact that everyone seemed to think we were bama fans in our maroon. Welcome to FCS football in SEC country. As you've likely seen on past trips to EKU we have more than enough blue in the stands. It did make it easier for me to slip out without drawing any attention at the start of the 4th quarter. I guess they all thought I was heading out to watch the tide.

Actually, I thought your team looked like Mississippi State.

Thanks for making the trip, glad you made it home safely.

That OT loss to Murray at home may haunt us on selection day.

Cocky
November 10th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Actually, I thought your team looked like Mississippi State.

Thanks for making the trip, glad you made it home safely.

That OT loss to Murray at home may haunt us on selection day.
May haunt us but I would put us up against CSU, Coastal or any SOCON team any day.
Team has continued to improve with a first year HC, an OC who is in his first year of college coaching and an OL coach in his first year of college coaching. When this staff gets their type players we will be competitive with anyone.