PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota Coyotl VS Montana Ursus

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:25 PM
USD leads 7-3 and has already pick sixed the Griz.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Touchdown USD.

~40 yard touchdown run.

14-3 USD.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM
TD Griz

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 02:01 PM
TD Griz.

TD coyotl

DoubleE
November 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
7:53 left 2nd qtr

USD 21 Montana 17

smilo
November 9th, 2013, 02:16 PM
So much for the Griz winning out. I know they still have Weber on the schedule, but they better remember they still only have 6 D1 wins.

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 02:17 PM
So much for the Griz winning out. I know they still have Weber on the schedule, but they better remember they still only have 6 D1 wins.

Its not over, it is South Dakota after all.

smilo
November 9th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Its not over, it is South Dakota after all.

I know, I know. Just the absurdity of that thread already considering winning the Montana St. game is still in the front of my mind.

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I know, I know. Just the absurdity of that thread already considering winning the Montana St. game is still in the front of my mind.

I just think of the 2011 UND/USD game where the Yotes had a big lead in the 4th only to have UND score 3 TD's to win the game. Should be a good finish to this one.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=313230155

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Halftime

UM 17
USD 24

semobison
November 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Rushing yards at the half. Yotes 132, Griz 39! Two long pass plays keeping the Griz in the game. Johnson is a good QB!

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Rushing yards at the half. Yotes 132, Griz 39! Two long pass plays keeping the Griz in the game. Johnson is a good QB!

Damn!!! So are the Yotes playing that good or is the Griz not showing up for this one.

SD4ever
November 9th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I just think of the 2011 UND/USD game where the Yotes had a big lead in the 4th only to have UND score 3 TD's to win the game. Should be a good finish to this one
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=313230155

Yea, nothing like giving that game to the sioux. Cost Meierkort his job. That's OK because now the Yotes have a Championship quality coach. Has und decided to go back to D2 yet?

You know you love me Mr. Darell.

Go Coyotes!

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Yea, nothing like giving that game to the sioux. Cost Meierkort his job. That's OK because now the Yotes have a Championship quality coach. Has und decided to go back to D2 yet?

You know you love me Mr. Darell.

Go Coyotes!

With Mussman our team wouldn't do good in DII, hopefully he is fired after next weeks game at UC Davis. That season (2011) was the highlight in his career, and since then its been downhill. Its nice to see USD being competitive in the MVFC. Good luck the rest of the season.

DaBizon
November 9th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Anyone got the score and clock ?

Go yotes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
November 9th, 2013, 02:58 PM
God I love having MIDCO, having those games on is a lot of fun

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Anyone got the score and clock ?

Go yotes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

11:45 3Q

UM 17
USD 24

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 03:35 PM
14:00 4Q

24-17 USD

Drblankstare
November 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM
WOW! Fumble return for the Grizz ties it in the 4th 6 min left

Hammersmith
November 9th, 2013, 03:55 PM
USD kicks a FG to take back the lead. Under 2min.

Drblankstare
November 9th, 2013, 04:11 PM
USD gets beat, but it sure feels like they might be ready to take the next step, next year.

Bisonator
November 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM
USD gets beat, but it sure feels like they might be ready to take the next step, next year.

They're on the cusp! xnodx

semobison
November 9th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Griz run back the kickoff for the winning score with a minute and a half left. Tough way to lose for the Coyotes!

Grizalltheway
November 9th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Hats off to USD, feel very fortunate the Griz got out of there with a W. Henderson was a man amongst boys out there.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Hats off to USD, feel very fortunate the Griz got out of there with a W. Henderson was a man amongst boys out there.

Agreed, the blocking on that return was pretty outstanding for him to take that one home. USD is most definitely a very good team and I had said several times prior to the game that I would have to pick them prior to the game.

Joe Glenn is a stud and a class act so I knew that team was not gonna be long for the cellar. Some really outstanding talent on the Yotes roster.

Drblankstare
November 9th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Agreed, the blocking on that return was pretty outstanding for him to take that one home. USD is most definitely a very good team and I had said several times prior to the game that I would have to pick them prior to the game.

Joe Glenn is a stud and a class act so I knew that team was not gonna be long for the cellar. Some really outstanding talent on the Yotes roster.
Joe Glenn has done such an amazing job in a short period of time. Guy is a great coach.

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Great job USD for turning things around in Vermillion. Keep up the good work!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 9th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Joe Glenn has done such an amazing job in a short period of time. Guy is a great coach.

He's a pretty magnetic dude in person. If you know him all you want for is success...except when playing your team. The lorst you can feel after a win is if it came over a Joe Glenn team. But knowing how good he is offsets that bad feeling cuz your boys have to scrap like mad to get the win.

putter
November 9th, 2013, 04:47 PM
He's a pretty magnetic dude in person. If you know him all you want for is success...except when playing your team. The lorst you can feel after a win is if it came over a Joe Glenn team. But knowing how good he is offsets that bad feeling cuz your boys have to scrap like made to get the win.

I agree as I have met him as well...however, he was not very nice after this game. Mick went to shake his hand and he barely shook hands and walked away.

Bisonator
November 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I agree as I have met him as well...however, he was not very nice after this game. Mick went to shake his hand and he barely shook hands and walked away.

Tough to be joyous when you lose a game like that. What do you want him to do?xrolleyesx

Drblankstare
November 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I try not to read too much into the post game handshake. I'm sure he's got a lot of things on his mind. That's not an excuse for poor sportsmanship, but I didn't see it.

mvemjsunpx
November 9th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I try not to read too much into the post game handshake. I'm sure he's got a lot of things on his mind. That's not an excuse for poor sportsmanship, but I didn't see it.

Well, he didn't do this…

http://i40.tinypic.com/neghme.jpg

So I guess that's a win.

DoubleE
November 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Well, he didn't do this…

So I guess that's a win.

was that bird for Urban Meyer ?

darell1976
November 9th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Well, he didn't do this…

So I guess that's a win.

He is just telling the other team that he is #1.:D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 9th, 2013, 05:29 PM

I'm not gonna hold it against him cuz I'm not sure he has to give some certain type of hand shake or greeting. He went around shook more hands than I would have been inclined to do after a loss but I sure didn't think he snubbed anyone. Maybe I missed something but I notice it.

Bronco
November 9th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I've seen him do that before on the handshake..and I'm more than fine with it
He's competitive and he gives it the minimum on the shake

South Dakota played very tough and if their Freshman kicker had taken even a little better angle he stops the kick return

marenlee
November 9th, 2013, 05:45 PM
What conference refs were out there? The last drive for the Yotes where the receiver went out of bounds and they kept running the clock??? USD had to burn a timeout for that. That is embarassing officiating. They almost did the same thing in the NDSU game where they wanted to run 10 seconds off the clock for a false start that occured after a play out of bounds late in the game.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 05:53 PM
South Dakota played very tough and if their Freshman kicker had taken even a little better angle he stops the kick return

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY6wwAhvirY

Bisonator
November 9th, 2013, 05:54 PM
What conference refs were out there? The last drive for the Yotes where the receiver went out of bounds and they kept running the clock??? USD had to burn a timeout for that. That is embarassing officiating. They almost did the same thing in the NDSU game where they wanted to run 10 seconds off the clock for a false start that occured after a play out of bounds late in the game.

MVFC refs suck.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 9th, 2013, 05:54 PM

That was bad and there were so many missed or blown calls it didn't look like a good ref job out there today.

mvemjsunpx
November 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM

I would assume MO-Valley since SoDak was at home. The officials also let USD get away with some roughing the passer calls that were basically the same as one Montana got called for early.

They were just passive & inattentive all around, really.