PDA

View Full Version : CSU vs CCU

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Charleston Southern 7

Coastal Carolina 0

CSU held CCU to -1 yards on their first possession.

10~ minutes to go in the first qtr.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Coastal held again and forced to punt.

Charleston Southern ball.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:20 PM
CSU 9 yard run.

2nd 1, CSU 34 yard pass.

ASU_Fanatic
November 9th, 2013, 12:22 PM
let's go charleston southern!!!

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:23 PM
CSU 37 yd FG good.

10-0 CSU. 7:35 remains in the first qtr.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Coastal's 3rd possession ends with a punt.

Coastal has 1 first down in 3 possessions.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Charleston Southern punts, pinning Coastal at their 3 yard line.

thebootfitter
November 9th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Charleston Southern punts, pinning Coastal at their 3 yard line.
Wow! Is Chuck South for real? This is a bit surprising.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Coastal about to score.

jmrepak
Coastal coming right back into it. Drove 93 yards in 9 plays and have to settle for a FG.

Twentysix
3rd and goal Coastal at their own 10 yard line.

2:27 in the first qtr.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM
4th and goal from the 4 yardline for Coastal.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:42 PM
FG good 10-3 CSU.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM
TD Charleston Southern.

17-3 CSU.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Coastal punts on their fifth possession.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:00 PM
CSU knocking on the door again, 1st and 10 from 13 yards out.

ASU_Fanatic
November 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM
CSU is for real

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM
TD CSU 24-3.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM
People reading this thread need to realize this,

(9-1) Charleston Southern is winning 24-3 over (9-0) Coastal Carolina, and there have been ZERO turnovers this game.

CSU is just whomping Coastal.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:07 PM
3rd 12 for Coastal Carolina 66 yards from the endzone.

ASU_Fanatic
November 9th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Charleston Southern can win a game or two in the playoffs. They just wear you out.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 01:09 PM
http://benwilder.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/wood-shed.jpg

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Coastal on the 22.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Charleston Southern's D holds. 4th 1 on the 13 yard line.

Twentysix
November 9th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Charleston Southern's D holds. 4th 1 on the 13 yard line.

Wow, Coastal False started on the 13(4th 1), then picked up a personal foul(4th 6).

Ended up making the 50 yd field goal (4th 21).

24-6 CSU still has a healthy lead.

Sandlapper Spike
November 9th, 2013, 02:23 PM
31-13, late third quarter.

CID1990
November 9th, 2013, 02:49 PM
tee hee

kdinva
November 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I didn't see this coming, either.........

jmrepak
November 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
That was painful to watch. We just couldn't get the offense going in the first quarter and were giving up way too much penetration on the line. We held them to one score on their opening drive of the half and then held fast and started scoring to pull within 5. However, just like App fans said, if they get a lead they will play time of possession football and you just can't get them off the damn field. I laughed at all the fans thinking this would be close earlier this week, but CSU is definitely for real and has a chance to do some damage in the playoffs. I anticipate them moving up to the 8-10 range and us dropping to the 13-11 range. If CCU takes care of business next week and goes 10-2 they should still be an at-large bid, but a seed is out the window. However, they still have LU and GWU and we only have Presbyterian, so we still have a shot at a co-Big South Championship and I think we would win the new tiebreaker format.

As long as CCU wins next week and CSU wins at least one of the next two games I think you have a 2-bid Big South again this year

Engineer86
November 9th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Wow, I am impressed. I had given CSU no respect to this point

ElCid
November 9th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Now, they have impressed me. Good job Chuck South.

chantman
November 9th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Nice win CSU

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Top 10 win for the 'Bucs! Congrats to the Baptists

jmrepak
November 9th, 2013, 03:33 PM
That was painful to watch. We just couldn't get the offense going in the first quarter and were giving up way too much penetration on the line. We held them to one score on their opening drive of the half and then held fast and started scoring to pull within 5. However, just like App fans said, if they get a lead they will play time of possession football and you just can't get them off the damn field. I laughed at all the fans thinking this would be close earlier this week, but CSU is definitely for real and has a chance to do some damage in the playoffs. I anticipate them moving up to the 8-10 range and us dropping to the 13-11 range. If CCU takes care of business next week and goes 10-2 they should still be an at-large bid, but a seed is out the window. However, they still have LU and GWU and we only have Presbyterian, so we still have a shot at a co-Big South Championship and I think we would win the new tiebreaker format.

As long as CCU wins next week and CSU wins at least one of the next two games I think you have a 2-bid Big South again this year
I need to modify this a bit. For us to win the tie breaker it has to be a three way tie with Liberty, CSU and CCU or a two-way tie with Liberty and CCU. Liberty winning out including a win over CSU Or Liberty winning out and CSU losing out results in us winning a tiebreaker. However, if CSU loses to GWU and wins against Liberty we are co-champs and they win the auto bid in a head to head tiebreaker. This is all, of course, dependent on CCU beating Presbyterian next week.

i'll also add that it looks like CSU found themselves a gem of a head coach.

New Bucs Fan
November 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Credit the CCU fans for admitting they were wrong. Great game that was everything 3 vs 16 should be.
Great job by the CCU coaching staff and players in proving what they can do.

rokamortis
November 9th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Credit the CCU fans for admitting they were wrong. Great game that was everything 3 vs 16 should be.
Great job by the CCU coaching staff and players in proving what they can do.

Congrats on the win. Although i was expecting a Coastal win, I thought CSU would play us tough and could surprise us. You guys had a solid gameplan and made us look lost in the first half.

kdinva
November 9th, 2013, 03:40 PM
i'll also add that it looks like CSU found themselves a gem of a head coach.

xsalutex

kdinva
November 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM

So is Chuck South #1 in S. Carolina for 1-AA squads?

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 03:43 PM
So is Chuck South #1 in S. Carolina for 1-AA squads?

I would say YES. They are State Champs

kdinva
November 9th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Meanwhile, more not good news from Myrtle Beach........

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9950078/jerome-simpson-minnesota-vikings-arrested-dwi

ETSUfan1
November 9th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I saw there was a record crowd for Charleston Southern today. What was the #?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 9th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Now, they have impressed me. Good job Chuck South.

You are late to the party but I thought this one was somewhat a toss up with a little edge going to CCU even though on the road.

Love to see some success for the Bucs and hope they keep things rolling and maybe even get a win in the playoffs. Would be nice to see them get some fan interest and have some improvements in their football facilities. Good job Bucs.

ElCid
November 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
You are late to the party but I thought this one was somewhat a toss up with a little edge going to CCU even though on the road.

Love to see some success for the Bucs and hope they keep things rolling and maybe even get a win in the playoffs. Would be nice to see them get some fan interest and have some improvements in their football facilities. Good job Bucs.

Yup, you are right but I saw them when they played us and they just did not look that good. Since then, they have had mainly weak opponent all year. This was the proof I needed and I am glad I was wrong. I am seriously surprised they pulled this out. They are going to get a nice bump this week.

WH49er
November 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Congrats to both teams on great seasons, proud to have you as opponents in our first season.

MarkCCU
November 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
CSU stepped up. No doubt. Great win by them

Sent from my iPhone

chattanoogamocs
November 9th, 2013, 06:50 PM
I want to also give my public congrats to CSU...I thought they would get waxed today...they stepped up big time.

kdinva
November 9th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I saw there was a record crowd for Charleston Southern today. What was the #?

I think 6,450 or such.........

ursus arctos horribilis
November 9th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Yup, you are right but I saw them when they played us and they just did not look that good. Since then, they have had mainly weak opponent all year. This was the proof I needed and I am glad I was wrong. I am seriously surprised they pulled this out. They are going to get a nice bump this week.

I've not had them real high but did think they were as deserving as anyone else in the latter part of the poll. I don't think the resume was bad even before this game because a win over Cit and ASU, etc. are tough even if the teams are down this year. They've both shown they can be dangerous teams so a win is a win as they ssay. They won't be making a major jump in my poll but the win solidifies what I thought of them previously more than anything.

Saint3333
November 9th, 2013, 07:56 PM
We are going to see MVC and Big Sky teams dominate east coast teams this playoffs.

B.T.C.
November 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I think 6,450 or such.........

Just got back from the game to CCU territory. I don't know what the number was, but it was entirely too much for that high school field. I appreciate that this was the first game in some time that meant anything to the school, but when you're stadium only holds 4,000 people, overselling by 61% doesn't exactly make for a great experience. On the visitor's side, if it weren't for the CCU Alumni Association's presence (which included a few hundred chairs), most CCU fans would not have been able to see the game. All of the seats that were there for the alumni event were pulled away from the table so fans could stand on them all game long to see over the fence. It was pretty bad.

What was worse was our play on the field. Our offense was shaky and our playcalling was suspect throughout the game. I don't know what happened, but that wasn't the Coastal of the prior 9 weeks. Disappointed, but luckily it wasn't an all or nothing game for us like it was for CSU. Kudos to them for playing a hell of a game and taking us down. Now we just need to handle PC next week and see what our first round matchup is in the playoffs.

Reign of Terrier
November 9th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I think CSU will get a seed (as in top 8), or at least they are deserving, if they win out.

Yes, their schedule is weak, but if their only loss is to Colorado, I don't see why they shouldn't get a home game.

B.T.C.
November 9th, 2013, 10:18 PM
FYI - official attendance: 6135

That's just absurd for a 4,000 seat stadium. However, my guess is they didn't even have a system in place that knew how to cap their ticket sales at stadium capacity.

CID1990
November 9th, 2013, 10:24 PM
We are going to see MVC and Big Sky teams dominate east coast teams this playoffs.

If only ASU and GSU were eligible ..... nevermind

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM
my guess is they didn't even have a system in place that knew how to cap their ticket sales at stadium capacity.

very RACIST remark

like Southerners can't count high

there probably wasn't a system xlolx

CID1990
November 9th, 2013, 10:59 PM
very RACIST remark

like Southerners can't count high

there probably wasn't a system xlolx

Chants just got owned so cut him some slack.

He's just lashing out in grief

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2013, 11:28 PM

Mmkay.

B.T.C.
November 9th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Chants just got owned so cut him some slack.

He's just lashing out in grief

Oh, we were terrible. It was like we were on vacation for three quarters and then realized a game (and conference) were at stake in the 4th. No grief, though. Not sure why'd you think that. My comment was that it was just absurd to sell that many tickets. This is what it was like all around the fence line:

I agree with CitDog. There didn't seem to be a system because they've never had a game like that before. But again, kudos to them! They came to play and they deserved it without question! Let's see if the Chants can refocus a bit and close out the season strong.