PDA

View Full Version : Albany vs Stony Brook

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Looks like Albany is going to loose to Stony Brook. Maybe Albany isnt as good as some people think or maybe UNH and UMass are just insanely better with their thumping of Stony Brook.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:09 PM
33-21 SB

Stony Brook lost to G'town- Albany can't be that good

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM
33-21 SB

Stony Brook lost to G'town- Albany can't be that good
They beat Delaware so they must be great :rolleyes:

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Another UD bashing thread?

I don't think anyone here will argue that UD is great

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Albany is officially done

siugrad99
October 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I'm sure the Albany guy will be here to tell us how good their conference is and how someone should make the playoffs ... blah blah blah.

LUHawker
October 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I'm sure the Albany guy will be here to tell us how good their conference is and how someone should make the playoffs ... blah blah blah.

That was totally uncalled for. Isn't the board here for discussion and idea exchange? The Albany posters have been fine.

siugrad99
October 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Aww need a tissue LU. If they puff out their chest they best be ready for it to be pushed back in when their comments prove otherwise. There was no cursing or personal attacks toward any person so turn down your sensativity guard would ya.

Uncle Buck
October 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM
This has been a strange season of wins and losses, i wouldn't rest easy no matter who my team is.

rmutv
October 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Albany's loss makes next week's game between Central Connecticut State and Robert Morris all the more interesting...

CCSU lost to Albany earlier in the year, but they've been extremely tough all year long. Robert Morris lost two straight to start but have used a suffocating defense to move to first in the NEC with a 4-2 record and a 2-0 conference record.

The next two weeks: CCSU @ RMU on the 14th and Monmouth at RMU on the 21st will likely decide which direction the NEC is going to go.

umassfan
October 7th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Albany's loss makes next week's game between Central Connecticut State and Robert Morris all the more interesting...

CCSU lost to Albany earlier in the year, but they've been extremely tough all year long. Robert Morris lost two straight to start but have used a suffocating defense to move to first in the NEC with a 4-2 record and a 2-0 conference record.

The next two weeks: CCSU @ RMU on the 14th and Monmouth at RMU on the 21st will likely decide which direction the NEC is going to go.
Dont forget that Stony Brook is also in first at 2-0 in the NEC as well.

UAalum72
October 7th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I'm sure the Albany guy will be here to tell us how good their conference is and how someone should make the playoffs
Why not? Every auto-bid conference says so. Only non-bid conferences seem to be required to go undefeated.

rmutv
October 7th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Dont forget that Stony Brook is also in first at 2-0 in the NEC as well.

True, and the NEC is only two games into the conference schedule, so anything can happen.

But considering Monmouth, CCSU, and Albany were the top teams heading into the conference slate, and considering how RMU and Stony Brook are doing thus far, the two weeks for RMU will give a good idea of how the conference is going to flex out the rest of the season.

For example, if RMU beats the Hawks and Blues Devils, and Stony Brook wins against St. Francis and Sacred Heart, suddenly the Colonials and Seawolves have a HUGE matchup October 28th in Stony Brook.

Also, Monmouth and CCSU are just 1-1 in the conference, clipping at the heels of RMU and SBU. SBU has a fairly easy schedule with SHU and SFPA, so the RMU home games the next two weeks are huge.

Man I love this! :hurray: