PDA

View Full Version : YSU fans are making a BIG PUSH...

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2013, 10:42 PM
...For College Gameday to be in Youngstown next weekend when NDSU rolls into town.

I feel like it's a slim chance, but what I'm more excited about is the fact that YSU is probably looking over UNI more than they should be.

YSU drops Saturday to UNI if they don't stay focused. xnodx

DoubleE
November 7th, 2013, 10:44 PM
we are ? first im hearing of this

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Check your own boards, yes. Lol

DoubleE
November 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM
looking at schedule the only D1-A game worthy is #25 Texas Tech @ #6 Baylor.

I expect they will be in Waco

DoubleE
November 7th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Check your own boards, yes. Lol

Checked YSUpenguins.com and didnt see it mentioned. our other board letsgoguins.com is no more

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM
http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,8538.0.html

D1A
November 7th, 2013, 10:58 PM
I made a big push today after eating a Paleo lunch at Glazed Nuts in Arbordale today. xnodx

Southern Bison
November 7th, 2013, 11:39 PM
After #5 Stanford beat #3 Oregon & #6 Baylor destroying #10 Oklahoma tonight plus Alabama has a tough matchup with LSU, Baylor moves into the top 5 in BCS rankings so far. It's a lock that Gameday will be at AT&T Stadium.

thebootfitter
November 8th, 2013, 12:12 AM
After #5 Stanford beat #3 Oregon & #6 Baylor destroying #10 Oklahoma tonight plus Alabama has a tough matchup with LSU, Baylor moves into the top 5 in BCS rankings so far. It's a lock that Gameday will be at AT&T Stadium.
That seems the most likely candidate. But if Texas Tech loses to K-State this weekend, it won't be a top 25 match up and is less likely to get their attention. Still more likely than Youngstown, though, unless the Gameday folks are just looking to shake things up again.

TennBison
November 8th, 2013, 05:27 AM
OMFG, did any Bison fans see that Lakes has posted to their site making the claim that he works for Fox Sports. OMFG that guy is getting to be a effing joke and an embarrassment. Just like when his cronies at Bisonville tried to tout him as a reporter. Someone needs to club that guy over the head like a baby seal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 8th, 2013, 06:03 AM
OMFG, did any Bison fans see that Lakes has posted to their site making the claim that he works for Fox Sports. OMFG that guy is getting to be a effing joke and an embarrassment. Just like when his cronies at Bisonville tried to tout him as a reporter. Someone needs to club that guy over the head like a baby seal.

Best thing to do is ignore lakes.

Best thing Tony did was ban him over on BV.

ValleyTalk
November 8th, 2013, 06:22 AM
FWIW... Ron Jaworski RT about #Gameday2YSU....

I just want want a sellout dammit.

penguinpower
November 8th, 2013, 06:36 AM

This post made me literally laugh out loud. That is some funny shiznit.

penguinpower
November 8th, 2013, 06:38 AM

I went to Bisonville asking about him becuase he can be annoying and he is so over the top.

TennBison
November 8th, 2013, 06:39 AM

I know you are probably right, but man when he makes those claims it drives me nuts. Especially when it is done on another teams board. Makes Bison fans look like idiots.

TennBison
November 8th, 2013, 06:44 AM
I went to Bisonville asking about him becuase he can be annoying and he is so over the top.

I don't know the guy personally, but every time I am in the tailgate lot and his name comes up it is hilarious the responses that come up. And they are consistent with each other so you know they are true. He was forced off Bisonville and started his own message board so he could do things his way.

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 8th, 2013, 07:27 AM
I know you are probably right, but man when he makes those claims it drives me nuts. Especially when it is done on another teams board. Makes Bison fans look like idiots.
Now you know how Chatty fans feel about our buddy Chattownxthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2013, 07:27 AM

Now come on. He sells ads for KVRR, which is a Fox affiliate, which shows sports some times.

He works for (some)Fox(sometimes)Sports.

TennBison
November 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Now come on. He sells ads for KVRR, which is a Fox affiliate, which shows sports some times.

He works for (some)Fox(sometimes)Sports.
Are you kidding me, is that really what he does?

stuperman17
November 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM
A facebook post to GameDay's page started the "big push" by YSU fans, the post got a ton of likes and comments on it... It quickly caught on and was all over twitter in no time with the hashtag (I hate hashtags, its a f'n pound sign) #GameDay2YSU. It was a pretty impressive effort, although as stated before it likely won't work. Especially considering Baylor won last night.

I also thought maybe players might look past UNI this week because of this. Players got involved on twitter as well with everyone else. Hopefully Wolford can keep it together with the buzz it caused.

TennBison
November 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
A facebook post to GameDay's page started the "big push" by YSU fans, the post got a ton of likes and comments on it... It quickly caught on and was all over twitter in no time with the hashtag (I hate hashtags, its a f'n pound sign) #GameDay2YSU. It was a pretty impressive effort, although as stated before it likely won't work. Especially considering Baylor won last night.

I also thought maybe players might look past UNI this week because of this. Players got involved on twitter as well with everyone else. Hopefully Wolford can keep it together with the buzz it caused.

Maybe this is some big master plan by Lakesbison to distract YSU from the UNI game causing them to lose. Thus pushing the YSU players into a deep depression that they never recover from and they lose out because of it.

DJKyR0
November 8th, 2013, 10:14 AM

Yeah, not really sure what your goal here was. Not like we hold the keys to his car or his leash or something. We certainly don't collude with him or egg him on.

That would be funny, though. "Hey Lakes, I just heard some YSU fans talking ***** about how NDSU can't go FBS or how they think Cris Carter didn't deserve to make the Hall of Fame! Unleash the kraken, baby!"

UNIFanSince1983
November 8th, 2013, 03:37 PM

We literally don't have any players so I think they could look past us an still win by 20.

Yotes
November 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Didn't realize Lakes had this widespread reputation. Dude's a moron.

frozennorth
November 8th, 2013, 04:47 PM
will unranked 7-3 Texas Tech really be that good a draw?

ball state niu
texas osu
michigan state nebraska
miami duke
baylor ttech
houston louisville
stanford usc
ndsu ysu

this is roughly where I would place the odds given the probabilities of each team winning this weekend. I doubt they would go to gameday for baylor/tech when Baylor OSU is the next week and baylor hosts texas to end the season

DoubleE
November 8th, 2013, 08:36 PM
this is roughly where I would place the odds given the probabilities of each team winning this weekend. I doubt they would go to gameday for baylor/tech when Baylor OSU is the next week and baylor hosts texas to end the season

2 weeks they will be at Texas A&M @ LSU or Arizona State @ UCLA
3 weeks they will be at Alabama @ Auburn or ND @ Stanford or Texas A&M @ Missouri

Baylor next week is as close to a lock as their is

NoDak 4 Ever
November 8th, 2013, 08:39 PM
2 weeks they will be at Texas A&M @ LSU or Arizona State @ UCLA
3 weeks they will be at Alabama @ Auburn or ND @ Stanford or Texas A&M @ Missouri

Baylor next week is as close to a lock as their is

If they go to Missouri, watch for the Bison Flag!

citdog
November 8th, 2013, 08:44 PM
If they go to Missouri, watch for the Bison Flag!

nodak with his flag

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QUd5_iQCGHQ/UGi7UkbNH7I/AAAAAAAAAX4/-r-COYPWDW4/s1600/stalin.png

Daved
November 9th, 2013, 10:25 AM
We literally don't have any players so I think they could look past us an still win by 20.YSU can NEVER afford to look past UNI--even if they were fielding mannequins.xcoolx

clenz
November 9th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Always have been and alwaya will be unis bitch

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SoupCity85
November 9th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Always have been and alwaya will be unis bitch

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Damn Clenz, I really wish I could disagree with you....but you are absolutely correct. YSU was horribly outcoached, which has been a problem for 4 years. When YSU plays against well-coached teams, they get out coached. Very frustrating to YSU fans, Congratulations to your team. They definitely deserved to win today!!!

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Interesting comment from Lee Fitting (College Gameday executive producer) this morning:

"Yes. #Youngstown State, hosting @NDSUathletics was in the mix for @CollegeGameDay this week, until they lost last night. Next time."

ValleyTalk
November 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM
That hurts... He responded to another tweet asking who was the team that lost, he said YSU.

Sounds like YSU vs. NDSU was right at the top.

ValleyTalk
November 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Sounds like we were #1:
@cbfowler: @IanWTanner @leefitting @DesmondHoward @KirkHerbstreit couldn't convince? The loss yesterday is what doomed it. YSU WAS front and center.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Damn UNI! ;)

Houndawg
November 10th, 2013, 11:19 AM
nodak with his flag

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QUd5_iQCGHQ/UGi7UkbNH7I/AAAAAAAAAX4/-r-COYPWDW4/s1600/stalin.png

As opposed to your solid-white southern battle flag.xlolx

Houndawg
November 10th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I made a big push today after eating a Paleo lunch at Glazed Nuts in Arbordale today. xnodx

Looks like it was the same big push YSU made yesterday.xlolx

AmsterBison
November 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Wow, bummer. A YSU loss doesn't even do anything for my team - still have to beat them to win the conference outright and get a 1 or 2 seed.

Well, I guess that is something. NDSU can clinch an outright MVFC title next weekend.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Wow, bummer. A YSU loss doesn't even do anything for my team - still have to beat them to win the conference outright and get a 1 or 2 seed.

Well, I guess that is something. NDSU can clinch an outright MVFC title next weekend.

Doesn't matter what YSU did yesterday.

Bison need to take care of business the next 2 weeks.

AmsterBison
November 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Doesn't matter what YSU did yesterday.

Bison need to take care of business the next 2 weeks.

True, but there'd be a lot more buzz about the game if YSU was undefeated and Grant Olson wasn't injured (and still waiting to see what is up with Marcus Williams.) I'd much rather have had YSU undefeated going into the NDSU game. Big letdown.

ValleyTalk
November 10th, 2013, 04:23 PM
@KirkHerbstreit: “@SBailey24: was YSU vs. NDSU an option for @CollegeGameDay next week before they lost yesterday?” Was the leader in middle of the afternoon