PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa/Missouri State Thread

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 03:48 PM
15 min to kickoff. Any last predictions?

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Would love a Missouri St win because it would make the SHSU and UCA wins over the Bears look even better...

I think UNI is going to take this one either way, but it would help SHSU's GPI if MSU wins! ;)

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 03:56 PM
UNI by 14

Chi Panther
October 7th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Sounds like UNI will be without Starting TB Corey Lewis, Starting RT, and 2 Starting LBs......guess the Iowa State game took a little out of us.....YIKES!!!!!!!

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 04:12 PM
7-0 UNI early in the 1st.

Coastal89
October 7th, 2006, 04:13 PM
UNIs 1st play go for a 52 yard td

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Solid Start by the Panthers- must be jacked up on homecoming

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Live video feed here:

http://all-access.cstv.com/cstv/player/player.html?code=cs

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 04:27 PM
10-0 UNI still in the 1st.

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM
17-0 UNI still in the 1st.

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 04:46 PM
End of 1st. 17-0 UNI. Panthers have the ball back in Bear territory.

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Bears intercept Sanders in the endzone....bring it out to their 20.....shooooooooot.

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 05:19 PM
17-0 UNI at halftime. Very poor second quarter by the Panthers. Two missed FGs and an interception in the endzone.

Chi Panther
October 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Very Sloppy.....:rotateh:

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 05:49 PM
17-7 UNI 13:00 left in 3rd.

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM
TD UNI. Where the heck ya been Curt Bradley?!!?!?

24-7 UNI. 10 min left in 3rd.

MSUBear42
October 7th, 2006, 06:03 PM
COME ON BEARS!! Ugh. What a depressing season.:mad:

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 06:09 PM
COME ON BEARS!! Ugh. What a depressing season.:mad:

I hope your QB is OK. I couldn't tell if he walked off the field or not.

31-7 UNI.

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
13,843 in attendance today. Not too shabby.

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 06:19 PM
38-7 near the end of the 3rd. Our 3rd string RB is playing WELL.

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 06:21 PM
38-7 near the end of the 3rd. Our 3rd string RB is playing WELL.
looks like UNI is puttin' em away :nod:

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Holy cow.....is MSU's backup QB out now????

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Yep. 3rd stringer is in.

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Yep. 3rd stringer is in.
Hope he sticks....4th stringer is the waterboy's mom.:rotateh:

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 06:56 PM
38-7 final. UNI's defense has REALLY improved since the beginning of the year.

igo4uni
October 7th, 2006, 07:49 PM
38-7 final. UNI's defense has REALLY improved since the beginning of the year.

oh yes.

igo4uni
October 7th, 2006, 07:50 PM
What was the attendance??

It looked to me like 14,000 or so.

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
What was the attendance??

It looked to me like 14,000 or so.

birdsflyhigh
October 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Big crowd and an even bigger victory for UNI who looks to be back on track. The MSU Bears better step it up or they could be looking at an 0-7record. IN St. is bad, but at this point even the Sycs could cause the Bears problems. CONCRATS Panthers!! :)

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Big crowd and an even bigger victory for UNI who looks to be back on track. The MSU Bears better step it up or they could be looking at an 0-7record. IN St. is bad, but at this point even the Sycs could cause the Bears problems. CONCRATS Panthers!! :)

Thanks.

I don't think anyone should be looking past Indiana State. They showed in the first three games that they can put points on the board, even against a Big Ten opponent...

September 2 at Purdue L 60-35
September 9 at Eastern Illinois L 31-21
September 16 Murray State L 59-40

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2006, 10:21 PM
any word on what the 2 msu qb injuries were? first one looked like a knee, 2nd string looked like they killed him. trainers were reaching under his pads and feeling his chest,

blackfordpu
October 7th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Hope he sticks....4th stringer is the waterboy's mom.:rotateh:

HOLY *****!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PantherMan
October 8th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Well this Panther fan was glad to see Terry Allen get a swift kick in the butt on his first trip back to Cedar Falls. Hopefully coach Farley passed out ear plugs to our assistants whenever Allen was within shouting distance.... While MSU is pathetic, obviously TA has lost it over the years, because his team played uninspired, sloppy, and downright had no football IQ. Also interesting that TA has resorted to teaching his O-linemen to chop block, as two were called for it on the same play. From a fan's view, there were other occasions of some dirty blocking as well. Good luck to the Bears the rest of the way, but I think that this might be a looong couple years ahead...:nonono2:

douglasdmb
October 8th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Well this Panther fan was glad to see Terry Allen get a swift kick in the butt on his first trip back to Cedar Falls. Hopefully coach Farley passed out ear plugs to our assistants whenever Allen was within shouting distance.... While MSU is pathetic, obviously TA has lost it over the years, because his team played uninspired, sloppy, and downright had no football IQ. Also interesting that TA has resorted to teaching his O-linemen to chop block, as two were called for it on the same play. From a fan's view, there were other occasions of some dirty blocking as well. Good luck to the Bears the rest of the way, but I think that this might be a looong couple years ahead...:nonono2:

Thanks for the encouragement, jack***

Nyghtewynd
October 8th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I'm really nervous because MSU actually has a coach with a brain now, and I'm full of sour grapes about him leaving for a better job. For some reason, I'm also still irrationally angry about a game on last year's schedule.

Translated.

Seriously, the goals for the rest of the year are pretty clear, and they don't have anything to do with winning. Any remaining seniors really don't need to see the field from here on out. They've been given a shot, and they stink. Bye now. Anyone who isn't on a redshirt and has years remaining need to play to see if they're part of this team or if they should be "encouraged" to seek playing time elsewhere. Goof Ball obviously left this team in horrific shape, and it's going to take a couple of years of TA to fix it.

crunifan
October 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM

While he worded it rather harsh, from what I saw yesterday, TA most certainly HAS lost it. Who honestly goes for a 4th and like 12 on the freakin 10 yard line when you are down by so much? I mean that is just stupid!

Nyghtewynd
October 8th, 2006, 06:42 PM
If you're "down by so much", what difference does it make? You only *hope* TA has lost it. Can't blame you.

Chi Panther
October 8th, 2006, 06:48 PM
TA is going to build the MSU program with Missouri HS kids.....his teams shouldn't be evaluated for another 4 years.....

Ryan Helming and Dre Dokes went to UNI instead of MSU......that is going to be a harder sell going forward for UNI.....

crunifan
October 8th, 2006, 07:38 PM
If you're "down by so much", what difference does it make? You only *hope* TA has lost it. Can't blame you.

It matters because that is showing your players disrespect. I don't care if you are down by 60, you play like you still have a chance. I mean, he even did this in the first half! It's just unbelievable to me.

Nyghtewynd
October 8th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Believe it. You don't "play like you have a chance". You do what the coach tells you to do, and you do what's best for your program. Save your sanctimonious pontificating for someone else.

shakdaddy3
October 8th, 2006, 09:00 PM
hmm.. no MSULB#47???

from what i've heard about MUS going for it late in the game, i think it's ok... in order for them to win they needed the ball and needed to make plays... the only way for them to do that, IMO and i'm betting in the coaches' opinions, was to go for it and try to stay on offense...

but they went for it on 4th and long deep in their zone in the first half? now that one is shocking

PantherMan
October 8th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Translated.

Seriously, the goals for the rest of the year are pretty clear, and they don't have anything to do with winning. Any remaining seniors really don't need to see the field from here on out. They've been given a shot, and they stink. Bye now. Anyone who isn't on a redshirt and has years remaining need to play to see if they're part of this team or if they should be "encouraged" to seek playing time elsewhere. Goof Ball obviously left this team in horrific shape, and it's going to take a couple of years of TA to fix it.

Translated: Terry Allen is a drunk who tried to hire away OUR ENTIRE COACHING STAFF DURING THE SEASON! No love is due him from Cedar Falls. MSU has no where to go but up under Allen, but from what I (and 14,000 others) saw last night, TA has lost it...:twocents:

PantherMan
October 8th, 2006, 09:13 PM

Where is the namecalling from? I gave an honest evaluation of your team under Terry Allen this year, nothing more nothing less. I might not have sugarcoated it for ya, but that team stinks, period.:nonono2:

D1B
October 8th, 2006, 09:41 PM
TA is going to build the MSU program with Missouri HS kids.....his teams shouldn't be evaluated for another 4 years.....

Ryan Helming and Dre Dokes went to UNI instead of MSU......that is going to be a harder sell going forward for UNI.....

:rolleyes:

UNI has better facilities, better administration, better sports overall, better stadium, better looking female students, better college atmosphere, better academics, better community, better location, better head coach, better athletic director, better tradition of winning, better basketball team. UNI will do just fine.

TA has only been successful at UNI.

:twocents:

Nyghtewynd
October 8th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Well, that list is from Fantasyland. What else ya got? I'm not going to point-by-point argue that cute little list, but the Mini-Heftydome isn't a better stadium that MSU's field. Not. At. All. But I guess if you keep saying it it'll be true, at least in your own little world where it's Christmas every day.

crunifan
October 8th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Believe it. You don't "play like you have a chance". You do what the coach tells you to do, and you do what's best for your program. Save your sanctimonious pontificating for someone else.

And that coach, that told his players to do such a dumbass play is Mr. Terry Allen. The point of Terry Allen made stupid ass decisions that game has proven. Thank you very much.

P.S.-Don't even try to begin an argument for your stadium being better than the UNI-Dome. That is a lost cause.

BearsCountry
October 9th, 2006, 12:19 AM
P.S.-Don't even try to begin an argument for your stadium being better than the UNI-Dome. That is a lost cause.

Our stadium is better but your atmosphere is so much better.

Nyghtewynd
October 9th, 2006, 12:44 AM
You UNI fans are really, *really* sensitive against a disaster of a football team. I absolutely can't figure it out. It's beyond explanation. But I've been to the Mini-Heftydome and it's a dump. An absolute trainwreck. It has all of the built-in atmosphere of a Sam's Club--without the low, low prices and the smiley faces. Next you're going to try to sell me on how the Metrodome in Minneapolis-St. Paul is one of the seven wonders of the modern world.

You may think that I hate UNI. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other about UNI. MSU doesn't have any football rivals because (a) they haven't been all that interesting for a while, and (b) no one really cares all that much right now. I didn't see the game, although the local paper isn't making a big deal out of this particular call (which is apparently the biggest story in Cedar Falls...slow news day I guess) because (according to them) it would have worked if the receiver would have caught a ball that hit him in the hands. Then again, your fans apparently heckled the wife of the coach that brought UNI a ton of success, so that also tells me something about many of them.

crunifan
October 9th, 2006, 07:10 AM
You UNI fans are really, *really* sensitive against a disaster of a football team. I absolutely can't figure it out. It's beyond explanation. But I've been to the Mini-Heftydome and it's a dump. An absolute trainwreck. It has all of the built-in atmosphere of a Sam's Club--without the low, low prices and the smiley faces. Next you're going to try to sell me on how the Metrodome in Minneapolis-St. Paul is one of the seven wonders of the modern world.

You may think that I hate UNI. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other about UNI. MSU doesn't have any football rivals because (a) they haven't been all that interesting for a while, and (b) no one really cares all that much right now. I didn't see the game, although the local paper isn't making a big deal out of this particular call (which is apparently the biggest story in Cedar Falls...slow news day I guess) because (according to them) it would have worked if the receiver would have caught a ball that hit him in the hands. Then again, your fans apparently heckled the wife of the coach that brought UNI a ton of success, so that also tells me something about many of them.

Dude, seriously, what is with this attitude? Reread your post and then ask yourself again why some of us are getting "sensitive."

shakdaddy3
October 9th, 2006, 08:16 AM
the P-UNIdome is okay... it's the facility connected to it that is amazing...

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2006, 10:05 AM
"UNI has better facilities, better administration, better sports overall, better stadium, better looking female students, better college atmosphere, better academics, better community, better location, better head coach, better athletic director, better tradition of winning, better basketball team. "

You have obviously never seen the two campuses. MSU wins hands down in almost all those subjects. Espicially community, academics, stadium sports, LOCATION (I lived in C.Rapids for 5 years, I can bitch all I want), and espicially administration (We probably have one of, if not the best University presidents in the conference).

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2006, 10:07 AM
And that coach, that told his players to do such a dumbass play is Mr. Terry Allen. The point of Terry Allen made stupid ass decisions that game has proven. Thank you very much.

Hell no it's not, the UNI-Dome sucks. I have been in it at least 20 times and would pick Plaster over it any time. The atmosphere and noise volume blow us out of the water, but when it comes to stadiums, our's wins easily.

PS, no football should be played inside.

Cap'n Cat
October 9th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Why don't all you a-holes knock it the ***** off!???!!

This kinda crap belongs in an A-10 or SoCon game thread. Now, go home, all you clowns - UNI and MSU. Game's over!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

crunifan
October 9th, 2006, 11:23 AM
You have obviously never seen the two campuses. MSU wins hands down in almost all those subjects. Espicially community, academics, stadium sports, LOCATION (I lived in C.Rapids for 5 years, I can bitch all I want), and espicially administration (We probably have one of, if not the best University presidents in the conference).

Apparently US News and World Report didn't get your memo

From their 2007 review:

Best Midwestern University's (Masters)

UNI - 18th
MSU - 59th

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Guess not.

crunifan
October 9th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Anyways, before this gets out of hand Wichita State style, truce?

BearsCountry
October 9th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Anyways, before this gets out of hand Wichita State style

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Nyghtewynd
October 9th, 2006, 12:44 PM
FINALLY SOMETHING ON WHICH WE CAN AGREE! ;)

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Definately.

Go Bears, go gateway.

MSULB#47
October 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM
You cant develop momentum without any offensive execution. That simple.

Both QB's blown out.

MSU Defense made a stand, key player (leading tackler, Poole ankle rolled) had to leave the game. There it is.

No big deal or excuses.

Lets move on. WKU vs MSU

:cool:

douglasdmb
October 9th, 2006, 03:05 PM
While I do agree that this shouldn't turn into a mind-numbing WSU-CU argument, I feel like I need to say this.

Where is the namecalling from? I gave an honest evaluation of your team under Terry Allen this year, nothing more nothing less. I might not have sugarcoated it for ya, but that team stinks, period.:nonono2:

Pantherman, I absolutely agree with your assessment of our team. This may very well be the worst squad in the history of our football program, which, as you know, says A LOT. I have no problem with saying that our team sucks. However, you pretty much made the judgment after TA's first six games that our team wouldn't improve as long as he were in Springfield.

Call me a wimp (or other choice names), but as an optimistic fan who's anxiously waiting for my team to win, I didn't appreciate your comments--thus, I called you a jack***. My bad.

(End of third grade apology)

In Coach Allen's defense, he recruited extremely well last spring for having only a having a few months to work with, and all of the guys he signed (but one) were redshirted in an attempt to build the program. As of right now, he's recruiting players that Randy Ball never would have seeked out, so the players will be there. Keep in mind that this is still Ball's team, which played pretty poorly in a system they were comfortable with, so the staff changes for sure won't help. Just give the team some time.

Don't know what to say about the chop blocking...

To sum it up, sorry for the namecalling, give Coach Allen time, and Go Gateway!

Oh yeah, and the Shockers suck too:hurray:

crunifan
October 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Ohh yeah, I meant to ask. How are your two quarterbacks? Pretty ironic, considering last year, but it still is a HUGE loss. Will they be ready for next week or is it more serious? The first injury, with your first quarterback (I don't know his name, sorry) looked pretty bad... : smh :