PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern at Sav. St.

CSUBUCDAD
October 7th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Well, I usually like to get a fired up post started on or around gameday for the Bucs, but this week is kinda flat for me. Little hard to get excited about a team you are 30 point favorites over.

At any rate, I wish the Bucs well, give it all ya got boys. xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

arranger101
October 7th, 2006, 08:07 AM
30 pointsxlolx , I'm expecting at least a 52 point spread...I got $$$ on this game today!:D

CSUBUCDAD
October 7th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I concur, they should have 30 on the board at the end of the first qtr.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Savannah St plays comparable football to Div II squads. Bucs are going to have to prove they are for real this year by coming out and not playing down to an opponent, something they've done all year...

=========
Bucs look to 'sharpen ax'
Saturday, October 07, 2006
BY JEFF HARTSELL

After being forced to come from behind against two Division II opponents, Charleston Southern is looking for a quicker start today at Savannah State.

"For two weeks in a row, we have not got off to a good start," said CSU football coach Jay Mills, whose team carries a nine-game win streak into today's 6 p.m. game.

"We know we have to be better focused, as a staff and as a team, and sharpen our ax."

The 4-0 Bucs had to rally for wins over D-II squads Wingate and North Greenville in their last two games. Savannah State, at 0-4 one of the lowest rated teams in Division I-AA, should not pose much more of a threat, at least on paper.

But Mills would like to see his team take care of business a little earlier.

http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=sports&tableId=111898&pubDate=10/7/2006

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Chuck South needs to put this one away early if they plan on gaining more respect

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Savannah St plays comparable football to Div II squads. Bucs are going to have to prove they are for real this year by coming out and not playing down to an opponent, something they've done all year...

=========
Bucs look to 'sharpen ax'
Saturday, October 07, 2006
BY JEFF HARTSELL

After being forced to come from behind against two Division II opponents, Charleston Southern is looking for a quicker start today at Savannah State.

"For two weeks in a row, we have not got off to a good start," said CSU football coach Jay Mills, whose team carries a nine-game win streak into today's 6 p.m. game.

"We know we have to be better focused, as a staff and as a team, and sharpen our ax."

The 4-0 Bucs had to rally for wins over D-II squads Wingate and North Greenville in their last two games. Savannah State, at 0-4 one of the lowest rated teams in Division I-AA, should not pose much more of a threat, at least on paper.

But Mills would like to see his team take care of business a little earlier.

http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=sports&tableId=111898&pubDate=10/7/2006
maybe bottom barrel DII squads

CoastalFan2005
October 7th, 2006, 12:24 PM
CSU has been struggling with DII competition all year so far. They need to put SSU away in a big way, not just for them, but for the conference.

CSUBUCDAD
October 8th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Well, the offense looked pretty good. Alot more balanced attack and still got 400 plus total yards, but the defense looked a little of balance to me. Jana Lee had his usually super human effort, but I am a little worried when a team that weak across the board puts up 13 points on us. What makes it worse is there are no more tough teams on the schedule til we come the Coastal for what is sure to be a repeat of the great championship game we saw last year.

IaaScribe
October 8th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Gardner-Webb and Liberty are going to give CSU a lot more trouble than you guys think. In fact, I don't think the Bucs will win either game.

Coastal89
October 8th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Gardner-Webb and Liberty are going to give CSU a lot more trouble than you guys think. In fact, I don't think the Bucs will win either game.
The funny thing is, of the games CCU has remaining, LU and GWU are the only ones that i'm truely worried about. Chuck South will be 8-3 with 4 D-I wins.

SuperJon
October 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM
I'm saying CSU ends the season at 8-3 as well. They'll go 8-0 (first conference game is against VMI) and then lose the next three. They gave up 13 points to SSU, that's not good.

CSU BUCS
October 8th, 2006, 11:04 AM
6 points was on a kick off return with 2 mins. left it the game with back-ups covering the kick.

CSUBUCDAD
October 8th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I don't know guys, the GW defense has given up a bunch of points and CSU is fielding a powerful offense each week. They may be a surprise if they can slow the pace of the game down and keep us off the field, but if it gets into a track meet I don't thing Liberty or GW can stay with CSU. They should be good games but I wouldn't concede them at this point.