PDA

View Full Version : NC$$ & Friday Night Football

Gordon Shumway
October 6th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Is it just me, or is any one offended by the NC$$ sanctioning football on Friday nights on ESPN in direct conflict with High School football. For years there was a truce on this topic. Friday nights belonged to High School football. Now there is a way to squeeze a few extra bucks out of TV so screw the high schools. This is such a petty move by the NC$$ that it is apalling. We all love college football, but this is so unnecessary. I will still go to the best high school game in the area, but I am sure this will hurt in many areas.

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2006, 06:31 PM
GORDIE MAH FRIEND.....DON'T THINK....LOUISVILLE vs MIDDLE TENNESSE STATE........WILL KEEP DUH DADDYS...FROM MISSIN'......LITTLE SPIKE'S......GRIDIRON CLASSIC....WHIFF CROSSTOWN RIVAL........PS126.........DAT IS...UNLESS...DUH ESPN...SIDELINE REPORTRESS......IS WEARIN' DAT PINK SWEATER/BLACK MINI...WHIFF DUH....ABOVE DUH KNEE......LEATHERAH BOOTS....COMBO......AGIN'...........:p....AWK!

PantherRob82
October 6th, 2006, 06:37 PM
it's stupid, but mr chicken is right. don't think too many people skip out to watch tv.

Hansel
October 6th, 2006, 07:00 PM
it's stupid, but mr chicken is right. don't think too many people skip out to watch tv.
especially when MTSU is playing

GeauxColonels
October 6th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing. The TRUE HS football fans are out at the games. Plus....the Friday night games on ESPN are NEVER marquee match-ups. Louisville/MTSU Flying Ponies? Gimme a break. I'll take live HS football over that ANY day.

arkstfan
October 6th, 2006, 10:55 PM
#1. ESPN isn't going to put money out there unless it has the advertisers to make it worthwhile. They wouldn't have the advertisers unless there was audience. So somebody IS watching.

#2. There are plenty of us who don't go to high school games. I've got no ties to any school in my area that offers football. I'm not spending Friday night at a high school game.

GeauxColonels
October 6th, 2006, 11:22 PM
#1. ESPN isn't going to put money out there unless it has the advertisers to make it worthwhile. They wouldn't have the advertisers unless there was audience. So somebody IS watching.

#2. There are plenty of us who don't go to high school games. I've got no ties to any school in my area that offers football. I'm not spending Friday night at a high school game.
We never said that NOBODY is watching. What we said is that it's not really hurting HS football games because they people that would go to HS games are GOING. These people aren't staying at home to watch the games much like the college fans like yourself aren't skipping the TV games for HS games.

colgate13
October 6th, 2006, 11:25 PM
I don't see a big deal here. I like ESPN showing this non-marquee matchups so we can see some different teams.

Personally, I wish ESPN and the NCAA showed games every night of the week (working with byes somehow). This IMO is a way for I-AA to get out there nationally and get some $$$$. What college football fan isn't going to watch a Tuesday or a Wednesday night I-AA game if it is the only game on? Throw up a good matchup and you'll win some fans for the programs.

CSUBUCDAD
October 7th, 2006, 09:20 AM
They will never have a game on TV on Friday nights that I will skip my Friday nights at the football field for.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 09:35 AM
UIL here in Texas prohibits HS games involving Texas teams to be televised on Friday in order to promote HS football across the state (i.e people not sitting home watching one game when there are hundreds across the state).

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 09:41 AM
If it was Ohio St/Texas on a friday night that would be totally different. Showing Louisville beating up on St Mary's Women's College is no biggie

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I didn't even notice college football on Friday nights. I don't have ties to any football schools around here, but I sometimes go to see friends younger brothers or distant relatives. Crap college match-ups aren't near as fun as high school rivalries.