PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern Louisiana vs McNeese State Highlights

lionsrking2
November 3rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
Highlights of the Lions, 41-7, victory over McNeese State, in Lake Charles ... total domination from start to finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v7ZEE25AHs

chattownmocs
November 3rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Southeastern Louisiana has the look of a national championship contender. How did they lose to South Dakota State?

lionsrking2
November 3rd, 2013, 09:06 PM
Southeastern Louisiana has the look of a national championship contender. How did they lose to South Dakota State?

Easy - we turned it over six times and had 12 penalties ... we had over 500 yards of offense to their 345 ... we led 19-7 late in the third quarter, and they had never really stopped us ... we gave up two big plays to Zenner and they had one decent drive ... we fumbled inside their 10 with a chance to go up 17-0 in second quarter ... our QB under threw a wide open receiver in the endzone which went from being an easy TD for us to an INT for them ... we were driving for another score and our RB knocked the ball out of our QBs hands on a zone read mesh, fumble/turnover ... and we also threw a pick six. Had we protected the ball better, it likely would have been a similar result as the McNeese game last night. But we didn't, we lost, and that's what counts in the end. But I do think it refocused us, and the beauty is, we still haven't played our best game.

Texas
November 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Said it all year besides SDSU you guys are scary good.

Yep looks like SHSU game was the only game that mattered to McNeese(no discredit to SLU)

Sam_Kats
November 4th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Lions are the real deal this year.

BEAR
November 4th, 2013, 10:56 AM
So true! Will the Lions QB be back next year? That kind of talent leads me to believe he might go pro. I mean he was a transfer. What year is he in?

BEAR
November 4th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Lions are the real deal this year.

Sorry but the Kats weren't the team to end our home streak and most likely will be our third loss at home after the Lions come to Conway to do what they did to McNeese.

lionsrking2
November 4th, 2013, 11:12 AM
So true! Will the Lions QB be back next year? That kind of talent leads me to believe he might go pro. I mean he was a transfer. What year is he in?

I definitely think he'll get a chance to play in the NFL, but he's not going anywhere after this season... He loves it here and needs a second year as a starting QB to be ready.

BEAR
November 4th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I definitely think he'll get a chance to play in the NFL, but he's not going anywhere after this season... He loves it here and needs a second year as a starting QB to be ready.

Ok. So he's a junior. Next year will be his last. He's hitting on 61% of his passes and has nice NFL height. Should be drafted coming out of Oregon and playing like that with the Lions. See you guys Saturday, but don't expect too much from the beat-up-bears.

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Yep looks like SHSU game was the only game that mattered to McNeese

Getting past UCA in Conway was a bigger game....SHSU manages to win two in a row and, what, 6 out of 30 and suddenly you're the biggest game on our schedule?

LOL...you're pretty amusing...

Texas
November 4th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Getting past UCA in Conway was a bigger game....SHSU manages to win two in a row and, what, 6 out of 30 and suddenly you're the biggest game on our schedule?

LOL...you're pretty amusing...

You are gonna make me dig up the posts? Or was your coach in desperate need of a bath after SHSU game?

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2013, 01:13 PM
You are gonna make me dig up the posts? Or was your coach in desperate need of a bath after SHSU game?

Holy Grasping at Straws, Batman! You've managed to take two in a row with your best team in school history...yet, UCA's caused fits for us in Conway (we've never won there) and you think that a couple of kids dousing Viator with Gatorade means that was the biggest game of the year for us?

It'll be nice in the next couple of years when Sam lapses back into mediocre recidivism. The less than knowledgeable dilettantes...like yourself...will disappear back into the woodwork...

6 wins in a 30-year series does not a heated rivalry make...

Texas
November 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM
What does UCA have to do with anything? Grats bro you beat one of the worst injured riddled teams this year, congrats!

So McNeese gives a Gatorade bath to the coach every win? Oh just SHSU... Okay act like you've won before.

I'm here to stay and so is SHSU.

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I'm sorry....I misspoke...you've managed 5 wins in 25 tries...

Just think.....If you can manage to win the next 15 in the series, we'd be tied!

Sam_Kats
November 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I think you're overreacting, Poke. I took it more as y'all have played in 3 REALLY big FCS games this year & showed up for only one of them....in Lake Charles vs the Kats. The other two were BLOWOUTS. But, hey, to each his own. I wouldn't count on Sam disappearing anytime soon though.

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Okay act like you've won before.

So you're saying I should act more like the typical Sam Houston dilettante who thinks that Sam's five wins in 25 tries somehow elevates the Binturongs to rivalry status?

Yes, act like you've won before indeed....I'll make you a deal. I'll do that if you can manage to act like you've had more than two good years consecutively...

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I think you're overreacting, Poke. I took it more as y'all have played in 3 REALLY big FCS games this year & showed up for only one of them....in Lake Charles vs the Kats. The other two were BLOWOUTS. But, hey, to each his own. I wouldn't count on Sam disappearing anytime soon though.

It could be that despite beating Sam, we're not all that good, as evidenced by the way that UNI and SLU handled us...

msupokes1
November 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM

I'll be honest, I was not overly impressed with Bennet. He was not very good with his throws and he made some big runs when we sold out to defend the pass. I personally felt like Smothers and Bell are both better quarterbacks. SELA defense was legit, granted Stroud had an extremely off night (some of that had to do with the defense.)

Texas
November 4th, 2013, 01:36 PM
So you're saying I should act more like the typical Sam Houston dilettante who thinks that Sam's five wins in 25 tries somehow elevates the Binturongs to rivalry status?

Yes, act like you've won before indeed....I'll make you a deal. I'll do that if you can manage to act like you've had more than two good years consecutively...

Please. Nobody thinks about McNeese as a rival, but continue to prove my point. SHSU was the game of the year for McNeese shame nobody including our football team got the memo.

Do you see me knocking McNeese's past? Nope, but you keep bringing up worse that a Dallas Cowboy fan.

Sam_Kats
November 4th, 2013, 01:37 PM
It could be that despite beating Sam, we're not all that good, as evidenced by the way that UNI and SLU handled us...

Correct...which is why I understand the reaction from the kids dousing your Head Coach which, as a result, gets the "Super Bowl" reaction from some Sam fans. Either way, it sure is making following the Southland fun! Hope we're able to see THREE teams in the playoffs this year.

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Please. Nobody thinks about McNeese as a rival, but continue to prove my point. SHSU was the game of the year for McNeese shame nobody including our football team got the memo.

Do you see me knocking McNeese's past? Nope, but you keep bringing up worse that a Dallas Cowboy fan.

For your ridiculous premise to be true, we'd have to POINT to the Sam game as the high water mark for the season....nobody on our side of the aisle is doing that...which should tell most knowledgeable fans something.

That it doesn't tell YOU anything is precisely the point...

Beating Sam is the norm, rather than the exception....

Texas
November 4th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Yep I can tell. Gatorade baths every time too huh?
It's cute.

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Yep I can tell. Gatorade baths every time too huh?
It's cute.

How many consecutive posts can you use the phrase "gatorade baths" in???

lionsrking2
November 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I'll be honest, I was not overly impressed with Bennet. He was not very good with his throws and he made some big runs when we sold out to defend the pass. I personally felt like Smothers and Bell are both better quarterbacks. SELA defense was legit, granted Stroud had an extremely off night (some of that had to do with the defense.)

I guess you didn't notice the heavy tape job on his hand ... he banged his throwing thumb up on the TD drive that put us up 10-0 in the 1st quarter, and could barely grasp the ball to throw ... but he's a warrior and a leader and still managed to make some nice throws when we had to have them ... but it definitely affected his accuracy and pace on the ball ... he can spin it down the field with the best of them when he's healthy.

Sammy94
November 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM

I stated this before. How bad Sam looked in Lake Chuck and they only lost by 8?

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Would love to see the Lions make the trip up to Missoula this year. The Southland's history there notwithstanding, I think it would be a real barn burner.

lionsrking2
November 4th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Would love to see the Lions make the trip up to Missoula this year. The Southland's history there notwithstanding, I think it would be a real barn burner.

We just want to make the playoff field first, but it would be honor to play at Washington-Grizzly Stadium ... we'll take whatever we can get considering we've never been. Still season left to play and we're taking them one at a time.