PDA

View Full Version : OVC Week 10/Week 11

Skyhawk71
November 3rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Week 10: EIU 56 TTU 21........EKU 44 TSU 0........UTM 45 MSU 17.........SEMO 37 Urbana (D2) 35
Key Win: Eastern Kentucky Key Loss: Murray State

The Team- #2 Eastern Illinois 5-0 (8-1) @ Murray State; Jacksonville State; @ Tennessee-Martin- still believe they will roll through these three games

Still in the Hunt- Eastern Kentucky 4-1 (6-3) @ Jacksonville State; Tennessee-Martin; @ Murray State- It all comes down to this week at JSU, UTM has never won in Richmond, and can't see MSU busting EKU's bubble this year, a solid playoff contender winning out at 9-3
Jacksonville State 3-2 (7-2) Eastern Kentucky, @ EIU; Southeast Missouri- as previously stated, EKU game is huge; 9-3 (8-3) with a loss to EIU, will most likely be playoff worthy
Tennessee State 4-2 (7-3) Austin Peay; Murray State- Should finish 9-3 (8-3), a loss to Murray would not be good for playoff hopes- what does committee do with EIU & two 9-3 OVC teams
Tennessee-Martin 4-2 (6-3) @Memphis; @ Eastern Kentucky; Eastern Illinois- Of the three, the most winnable is at FBS Memphis, never won in Richmond, and EIU to finish the season
Murray State 3-2 (5-4) Eastern Illinois; @ Tennessee State; Eastern Kentucky- Out of playoff hunt, but could put a damper on TSU's or EKU's playoff hopes- not likely
SEMO 1-4 (2-7); Austin Peay 0-5 (0-9); Tennessee Tech 0-6 (3-7)

Week 11 Game of the Week: Eastern Kentucky @ Jacksonville State

Skyhawk71
November 4th, 2013, 04:54 PM
http://ovcball.net/2013/11/10-Things-We-Learned-In-Week-10/ I normally agree with most everything this guys says, but I totally disagree and for the first time in a while, I believe that the OVC is a two bid conference this year, and it would be really hard to keep multiple 9-3 teams out; OVC schools went out of conference and have done everything asked of them- Jacksonville State and EKU should be ranked currently, but you know the unwritten rule of no more than 2 OVC teams ranked-

Cocky
November 4th, 2013, 07:33 PM
http://ovcball.net/2013/11/10-Things-We-Learned-In-Week-10/ I normally agree with most everything this guys says, but I totally disagree and for the first time in a while, I believe that the OVC is a two bid conference this year, and it would be really hard to keep multiple 9-3 teams out; OVC schools went out of conference and have done everything asked of them- Jacksonville State and EKU should be ranked currently, but you know the unwritten rule of no more than 2 OVC teams ranked-
UTM should be ranked ahead of UTC.