PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 10

superman7515
November 2nd, 2013, 10:21 PM
All of the games that involved teams getting votes are done, so here is tonight's spreadsheet.

Green = Has seven D1 wins
Yellow = Has to win out to reach seven D1 wins
Red = Can't reach seven D1 wins

And at the risk of telling people how to vote, whoever voted for SEMO last week... Really? REALLY?

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdG9WMDlkTjZEcVlJdnZjQmVMWmFYT 0E&usp=sharing

Notice any errors, please shoot me a message.

superman7515
November 2nd, 2013, 10:22 PM
Also, in case a visitor is checking this out for the first time, the *** next to the Sagarin ratings means they have not been updated. He won't update until sometime Sunday, at which time I will remove the asterisks. Also, please see the two notes at the bottom of the page, otherwise the Jackson State record makes no sense at all.

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2013, 10:55 PM
So... where will Villanova be ranked in this week's Coach's poll, and how many votes will UNI get?

SELA will finally get some lovin', at least. And I still don't know if I'm more confused by the Southland or the Southern conference.

Cocky
November 3rd, 2013, 06:27 AM
Great work

penguinpower
November 3rd, 2013, 06:41 AM
UNH and Villanova should not be ranked this week.

superman7515
November 3rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Sagarin Ratings are updated to reflect the games played this weekend.

skinny_uncle
November 3rd, 2013, 09:37 AM
6 of the top 25 lost. Should be some shuffling going on.

BEAR
November 3rd, 2013, 09:39 AM
The SLC is bipolar. McNeese defines bipolar. UCA is just totally physically destroyed with 2 more injuries. Sam is steady. SLU is rolling. SLC should get Sam and SLU in the playoffs, that's it! IMO

Cleets
November 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
James Madison might have been over ranked coming in and beat Villanova
Villanova... By-By

30 James Madison
31 Villanova

MTfan4life
November 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
The SLC is bipolar. McNeese defines bipolar. UCA is just totally physically destroyed with 2 more injuries. Sam is steady. SLU is rolling. SLC should get Sam and SLU in the playoffs, that's it! IMO

I think it's just that the conference is a lot stronger top to bottom this season. The offensive talent in the SLC is incredible.

SU DOG
November 3rd, 2013, 01:16 PM
Samford is just decimated by injuries and the schedule - not excuses, but that is the truth.

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2013, 01:29 PM

If McNeese recovers and wins out they should be in for an at large If they cannot get back on their horse, well that will take care of itself.

lionsrking2
November 3rd, 2013, 01:32 PM

The Southland is easily a three bid league - or at least should be. Strongest the league has been since we've been a full football member.

JMUNJ08
November 3rd, 2013, 02:57 PM
James Madison might have been over ranked coming in and beat Villanova
Villanova... By-By

30 James Madison
31 Villanova

Predicting we don't move up at all? Nova, UNH, Tennessee St & Central Arkansas should all be below us this week. With no one below us really killing it, I see us on the cusp of getting back in at worse...

Samalum'10
November 3rd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Interesting top 25 for the SLC this week. Question is, if you can rank EWU ahead of SHSU, can you rank SHSU ahead of McNeese? And where the heck does SELA fit in?

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Interesting top 25 for the SLC this week. Question is, if you can rank EWU ahead of SHSU, can you rank SHSU ahead of McNeese? And where the heck does SELA fit in?

I actually have both teams ranked ahead of McNeese for what that is worth

dystopiamembrane
November 3rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
I actually have both teams ranked ahead of McNeese for what that is worthEWU>SELA>McNeese>SHSU

Texas
November 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM
McNeese won their super bowl. Overrated.

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
EWU>SELA>McNeese>SHSU

Nope, SHSU > EWU, that has already been proven regardless of what Massey says

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2013, 05:11 PM
McNeese won their super bowl. Overrated.

Maybe so, but we will see how good SHSU is when SLU comes to town won't we

Texas
November 3rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
Has nothing to do with SHSU. McNeese is overrated.

dystopiamembrane
November 3rd, 2013, 05:15 PM
Nope, SHSU > EWU, that has already been proven regardless of what Massey saysOther people say EWU>SHSU, too, including the best predictor of at-large tournament entrants.

Samalum'10
November 3rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
EWU>SELA>McNeese>SHSU
Why do you believe EWU is better than SELA?
What about the 15 point win SHSU has over EWU?

If we take care of business against SELA, i'd be interested in your rankings then.

dystopiamembrane
November 3rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Why do you believe EWU is better than SELA?
What about the 15 point win SHSU has over EWU?The difference is slim. One important factor is SOS, EWU #14, SELA #18.

lionsrking2
November 3rd, 2013, 07:02 PM
EWU>SELA>McNeese>SHSU

EWU is not better than the Lions. Not close.

dystopiamembrane
November 3rd, 2013, 08:19 PM
EWU is not better than the Lions. Not close.see my previous post

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
Has nothing to do with SHSU. McNeese is overrated.

I think the same of SHSU xcoffeex

Now go do your homework, you have classes tomorrow.

CCU_Fan
November 3rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
All of the games that involved teams getting votes are done, so here is tonight's spreadsheet.

Green = Has seven D1 wins
Yellow = Has to win out to reach seven D1 wins
Red = Can't reach seven D1 wins

And at the risk of telling people how to vote, whoever voted for SEMO last week... Really? REALLY?

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdG9WMDlkTjZEcVlJdnZjQmVMWmFYT 0E&usp=sharing

Notice any errors, please shoot me a message.

Unbelievable the lack of respect Coastal Carolina is receiving... Crazy. xeyebrowx

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
see my previous post

dystopiamembrane
November 3rd, 2013, 09:12 PM
18487It's the complete truth. I promise.
PS Do you believe in the devil?

McNeese75
November 3rd, 2013, 09:22 PM
It's the complete truth. I promise.
PS Do you believe in the devil?

LOL of course, Don't you???

BlueHenSinfonian
November 3rd, 2013, 09:22 PM
Unbelievable the lack of respect Coastal Carolina is receiving... Crazy. xeyebrowx

Do you think any of the teams ranked above CCU wouldn't have the same record if they were playing CCU's schedule?

jmrepak
November 3rd, 2013, 09:28 PM
Do you think any of the teams ranked above CCU wouldn't have the same record if they were playing CCU's schedule?
I'm not saying they wouldn't have, but week in week out consistency is rare to achieve. On top of that, I don't think the teams above us would have beaten the teams we've played with the same stats with the exception of EIU and NDSU.

lionsrking2
November 3rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
I'm not saying they wouldn't have, but week in week out consistency is rare to achieve. On top of that, I don't think the teams above us would have beaten the teams we've played with the same stats with the exception of EIU and NDSU.

Oh really???

BlueHenSinfonian
November 3rd, 2013, 09:58 PM

Fair enough, but different teams match up in different ways, and just because team A beats team C by more than team B, doesn't mean that team A is going to beat team B in a game between the two.

I haven't had a chance to see CCU play this year, but y'all look like you have a very solid team. Rightly or wrongly your movement up the polls is going to be limited to a degree by the conference you play in. The nice thing is that at the end of the day the poll doesn't really mean anything, if your record supports it you'll make the playoffs and get the chance to show what you can do.

jmrepak
November 3rd, 2013, 10:02 PM
Oh really???
Really. I believe that EWU and SHSU(right behind us) also have powerful offenses, but are not as consistent as our team. The only others above us that didn't lose this week were Fordham and Maine, and I don't believe they could post our numbers.

CCU_Fan
November 3rd, 2013, 10:03 PM

Yes our SoS isn't the greatest, but the consistency by our team is incredible. Give us a shot, dropping 50 numerous times in a season on teams is a strong accomplishment of it's own, No matter who you're playing. Starting to feel like the Ohio State of the FCS... no respect. :(

lionsrking2
November 3rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Really. I believe that EWU and SHSU(right behind us) also have powerful offenses, but are not as consistent as our team. The only others above us that didn't lose this week were Fordham and Maine, and I don't believe they could post our numbers.

We could easily post those numbers against that schedule ... we'd pull back on the reigns because we play better defense, and wouldn't have to score that much, but we easily could. So would McNeese, SFA, Sam, and quite a few more.

CCU_Fan
November 3rd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Fair enough, but different teams match up in different ways, and just because team A beats team C by more than team B, doesn't mean that team A is going to beat team B in a game between the two.

I haven't had a chance to see CCU play this year, but y'all look like you have a very solid team. Rightly or wrongly your movement up the polls is going to be limited to a degree by the conference you play in. The nice thing is that at the end of the day the poll doesn't really mean anything, if your record supports it you'll make the playoffs and get the chance to show what you can do.

Exactly. Very well stated. IMO...I can't think of many teams that want to face this guy... 1251 yards and 22 TDs through 9 games.

xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

jmrepak
November 3rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Also fair, but the offensive production combined with the defensive output lead to an almost 21 point average margin of victory. Finally, consistency, talent and tenacity fill this team and they have found a way to win even when the chips are stacked against them

That was a fair response a few weeks ago, but after this week and next it shouldn't be. At points of this season EKU, GWU and CSU have all been ranked teams. How they crumbled can't be helped. However, if we destroy CSU this week the way I expect and EKU gets some love for their whooping on #17 Tenn St, then two of our opponents our top 25. Additionally, while SCSU lost their shot at the playoffs when they went down to B-C they are still a decent top 35 team. I'm not advocating the rankings of those teams, but the SOS argument against us is getting weaker .

CCU_Fan
November 3rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Also fair, but the offensive production combined with the defensive output lead to an almost 21 point average margin of victory. Finally, consistency, talent and tenacity fill this team and they have found a way to win even when the chips are stacked against them

That was a fair response a few weeks ago, but after this week and next it shouldn't be. At points of this season EKU, GWU and CSU have all been ranked teams. How they crumbled can't be helped. However, if we destroy CSU this week the way I expect and EKU gets some love for their whooping on #17 Tenn St, then two of our opponents our top 25. Additionally, while SCSU lost their shot at the playoffs when they went down to B-C they are still a decent top 35 team. I'm not advocating the rankings of those teams, but the SOS argument against us is getting weaker .

PREACH BROTHA PREACH. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

jmrepak
November 3rd, 2013, 10:27 PM
We could easily post those numbers against that schedule ... we'd pull back on the reigns because we play better defense, and wouldn't have to score that much, but we easily could. So would McNeese, SFA, Sam, and quite a few more.
The question asked was about teams above us, so those guys weren't included in my analysis. However, you guys pounded McNeese this week and have had 1 or 2 other big wins this season and will obviously be top 15 this week, but should be looked at for top 10 consideration

fmrbearkat
November 3rd, 2013, 10:27 PM

I'd beg to differ....in our conference alone there are 4 that would!! SHSU is the 4th rated scoring offense even though the schedule has been considerably tougher than CCU's) SELA, McNeese and SFA would all put up those numbers too. EWU no doubt would as well as several others.

jmrepak
November 3rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
I'd beg to differ....in our conference alone there are 4 that would!! SHSU is the 4th rated scoring offense even though the schedule has been considerably tougher than CCU's) SELA, McNeese and SFA would all put up those numbers too. EWU no doubt would as well as several others.
Look at the question and my responses. The question was for teams above us. I didn't consider SELA or SFA for that reason. I excluded McNeese and Towson as well because their losses yesterday will drop them below us. I also said in my next lost that EWU and SHSU had the potential to do it but weren't as consistent as we have been so I'm not sure if they end up with similar stats either.

lionsrking2
November 3rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
The question asked was about teams above us, so those guys weren't included in my analysis. However, you guys pounded McNeese this week and have had 1 or 2 other big wins this season and will obviously be top 15 this week, but should be looked at for top 10 consideration

Fair enough, though if we traded schedules, I doubt CC would be 7-2, much less with the same offensive production, against who we've played ... pretty sure we'd be 9-0 vs CC's sked.

superman7515
November 3rd, 2013, 10:47 PM
I'm not advocating the rankings of those teams, but the SOS argument against us is getting weaker .

Coastal Carolina has the #207 strength of schedule at this point. That puts them in the company of Hampton (#202), Jacksonville State (#203), Colgate (#204), Lehigh (#205), Bryant (#206), Monmouth (#208), South Carolina State (#209).

Fordham at #213 is the only one an argument could really be made for. The other teams in front of Coastal last week were NDSU (#126), Eastern Illinois (#154), Eastern Washington (#131), Maine (#162), Towson (#177), and McNeese (#159). The closest Coastal was to anyone ranked higher than them was 30 spots lower. Heck, Coastal's SOS is closer to the worst SOS in the FCS (Mercer - 252) than it is the highest (Southern Illinois - #100). That has to be taken into account when Coastal Carolina has an SOS that is just outside the bottom 1/3 in all of FCS. Yes they are undefeated, but over 80 teams have played tougher schedules. And it gets even worse if you toss out all of the D2's and just compare the D1 schedules since D2 teams don't count for playoff consideration anyway.

CCU_Fan
November 3rd, 2013, 10:50 PM
Fair enough, though if we traded schedules, I doubt CC would be 7-2, much less with the same offensive production, against who we've played ... pretty sure we'd be 9-0 vs CC's sked.

Hard to say. Only Playoffs will tell..God Bless the FCS and it's post-season.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 3rd, 2013, 11:05 PM

Maine is flat out scary this year. They don't put up crazy numbers, but they do what they need to do to win, and play extremely disciplined football. I think Maine would go toe to toe with NDSU right now (the last game vs SBU is a bit of an aberration, any team can have a bad day).

Fordham has benefited from a front-loaded schedule. There's always more motion in the polls early on, and Fordham came out with wins against two CAA teams (including Villanova when they were ranked extremely high) followed by a FBS win against Temple (before it was clear how bad they are this year) and then took down a highly ranked (at the time) Lehigh team a few weeks later. They made a big impression early on, and have just held on to their position because they've kept winning.

If CCU had taken out two power conference teams, a couple ranked teams, and a FBS team early on, they'd be in the same position in the polls as Fordham.