PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 8 (11) - 2013 edition

bonarae
November 2nd, 2013, 09:43 PM
The title is still up for grabs, and it may be until the final week that the race won't be settled.

Brown at Yale
Columbia at Harvard
Cornell at Dartmouth
Princeton at Penn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

bulldog10jw
November 2nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Yale (if Varga plays)
Harvard
Dartmouth
Princeton

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2013, 10:17 PM
The title is still up for grabs, and it may be until the final week that the race won't be settled.

Brown at Yale
Columbia at Harvard
Cornell at Dartmouth
Princeton at Penn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Yale
Harvard (it's in NY, not at Harvard, but no matter)
Dartmouth
Princeton (Penn's shutout loss to Brown suggests Franklin Field won't help Qtwerkers next week)

Bogus Megapardus
November 6th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Week 11 Spoprtsbook:

Brown (-4) at Yale o/u 49

Lehigh (-2) vs Holy Cross o/u 61

Harvard (-35) at Columbia o/u 57

Lafayette (-7½) vs Colgate o/u 60

Princeton (-10½) at Penn o/u 57

Dartmouth (-12) vs Cornell o/u 61

Bucknell (NL) at Fordham

Go Green
November 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Harvard will murder Columbia
Dartmouth less so against Cornell

And I expect upsets in the other games. Yale over Brown and Penn over Princeton.

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2013, 07:29 PM
The same Penn that was slaughtered by Brown?

PAllen
November 6th, 2013, 09:22 PM
gotta hate being a five touchdown dog at home.

Go Green
November 7th, 2013, 06:57 AM
The same Penn that was slaughtered by Brown?

The sense is that Penn's first string QB will play this Saturday. He didn't against Brown.

Ivytalk
November 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM
The sense is that Penn's first string QB will play this Saturday. He didn't against Brown.

For once in my life, I'm rooting for Penn, but I think the Tigers will prevail. My question is whether the attendance will break 10K.

Go Green
November 7th, 2013, 08:47 AM
For once in my life, I'm rooting for Penn, but I think the Tigers will prevail. My question is whether the attendance will break 10K.

Princeton has three "rivalry" games coming up against good teams. If they win out, I'll be very impressed (and bummed). I'm fully expecting them to slip up once or twice.

As for attendance, the game is in Philly so not breaking 10K will be very disappointing (unless the weather sucks). P-P at Franklin Field is usually one of the better-attended games in the Ivy.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2013, 11:20 AM
If Lafayette-Penn can draw over 10,000, then you should not have a problem this game.

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Line changes this week:

OLD: Princeton (-10½) at Penn o/u 57

NEW: Princeton (-13½) at Penn o/u 57

OLD: Harvard (-35) at Columbia o/u 57

NEW: Harvard (-36½) at Columbia o/u 57

OLD: Lehigh (-2) vs Holy Cross o/u 61

NEW: Lehigh (-3½) vs Holy Cross o/u 61

OLD: Lafayette (-7½) vs Colgate o/u 60

NEW: Lafayette (-8½) vs Colgate o/u 60

OLD: Dartmouth (-12) vs Cornell o/u 61

NEW: Dartmouth (-13½) vs Cornell o/u 62

Brown at Yale remains at (-4) and o/u 49. There's still No Line on Bucknell at Fordham. Favorites have been drawing the money.

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 01:43 AM
If Lafayette-Penn can draw over 10,000, then you should not have a problem this game.

The Lafayette - Penn series represents a much older and more substantial game for the Quakers than does most of Penn's comparatively new in-conference rivalries.

DFW HOYA
November 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM
The Lafayette - Penn series represents a much older and more substantial game for the Quakers than does most of Penn's comparatively new in-conference rivalries.

Sounds like you're going to miss it when Penn drops Lafayette and most Patriot teams in the fuiture.

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Sounds like you're going to miss it when Penn drops Lafayette and most Patriot teams in the fuiture.

Al Bagnoli called. Starting next year he'll schedule seven conference games plus three consecutive weeks at home against Georgetown. Problem solved. Quaker fans are so looking forward to that rivalry.

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Al Bagnoli called. Starting next year he'll schedule seven conference games plus three consecutive weeks at home against Georgetown. Problem solved. Quaker fans are so looking forward to that rivalry.

xlolx I think it's all puff and no cream. I'm curious to see what the 2017 schedule looks like. And Harvard has shown they still own us. However, if Drew Reed played the entire game, I think that we actually beat Harvard, or lose by low single digits.

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM

We have had hiatuses in the series against Penn. It's not an annual rivalry. We did not play them from 2003-05 and the late 1990s. We went 12 years without playing them in the late 50s-60s.

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I think it's all puff and no cream.

And because Georgetown is a PLINO.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3558/hcpk.png

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM
And because Georgetown is a PLINO.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3558/hcpk.png

Pioneer League In Name Only?

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Pioneer League In Name Only?

Patriot League in Name Only. Just like Metropolitan College.

http://www.projectmanagementinpractice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Metropolitan-College-300x136.jpg

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Colgate leading Wake Forest 19-16 in Bball. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Colgate leading Wake Forest 19-16 in Bball. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

Thanks. Are we hijacking the Ivy Pick 'em thread?

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks. Are we hijacking the Ivy Pick 'em thread?

No, Colgate is Ivy League, aren't they?

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Very well... SUNY-Ithaca 36, Syracuse 22... 4min to go in the first... xeekx

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 06:43 PM
No, Colgate is Ivy League, aren't they?

Just ask 'em. They'll tell ya!

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Wake Forest announcer: "Colgate was picked near last in the Patriot League. That must be a pretty strong conference if Colgate was picked there."

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Just ask 'em. They'll tell ya!

Well of course, right? I mean, the local state school, SUNY-Ithaca, is..

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Wake Forest announcer: "Colgate was picked near last in the Patriot League. That must be a pretty strong conference if Colgate was picked there."

I heard it as "Colgate is one of the worst teams on the Patriot League." I'm thinking, what a jackass. You can't insult Colgate like that. Only WE can insult Colgate like that.

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I heard it as "Colgate is one of the worst teams on the Patriot League." I'm thinking, what a jackass. You can't insult Colgate like that. Only WE can insult Colgate like that.

You are probably right... I'm bad at quoting. That's right though. If he wanted to endear himself to us, he should have said, "I saw Colgate on the schedule and was confused as to why the Demon Deacons basketball team would want to play a lacrosse team in their opening game." Or... "there were more fans at the Demon Deacons' Midnight Madness extravaganza than Colgate had show up for all home games all last season."

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Just wondering here - do Lafayette players look as comparatively meek and un-athletic as Colgate players when we travel to massive, unprincipled sports factories in power conferences?

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Just wondering here - do Lafayette players look as comparatively meek and un-athletic as Colgate players when we travel to massive, unprincipled sports factories in power conferences?

We look like that against Bucknell.

I don't know; Colgae is holding their own. Mostly 3s. Can't get the Lafayette game though. Comcast... xsmhx

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM
The post CJ era is going according to plan... Minnesota is doubled up on the Brownies halfway through the first.

PS I thought my first Colgate basketball post was on the PL thread. But, too late now. We are hi-jacking this thread right to Center Valley!

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 07:56 PM
We look like that against Bucknell.

I don't know; Colgae is holding their own. Mostly 3s. Can't get the Lafayette game though. Comcast... xsmhx

I'm watching Villanova-Lafayette on Comcast 737 in NJ. 29-27 Villanova at the half.

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I'm watching Villanova-Lafayette on Comcast 737 in NJ. 29-27 Villanova at the half.

Really?? I'm on the other PA side... nothing here... what's the name of the channel? 737 is MLB network here.

DJOM
November 9th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Ok....back to something you can not foul out of; The Tigers roll over Penn.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Brown 28 Yale 24

Harvard 42 Columbia 0

Dartmouth 31 Cornell 28

Princeton 38 Penn 20

bonarae
November 9th, 2013, 06:16 PM
All final scores:

Princeton 38, Penn 26
Yale 24, Brown 17
Harvard 34, Columbia 0