PDA

View Full Version : Princeton QB Quinn Epperly sets NCAA record

World
November 2nd, 2013, 09:14 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=333060163&confId=22
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Quinn Epperly (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/516520/quinn-epperly) amassed 401 total yards of offense and accounted for six touchdowns to help Princeton pull away from Cornell 53-20 Saturday.
Epperly, who was an efficient 32-of-35 with 325 yards, tossed three touchdowns and ran for another three. He rushed for 69 yards and even had a reception for seven yards. He completed 29 consecutive passes to start the game, setting an NCAA record. His first incompletion came in the third quarter.

World
November 2nd, 2013, 09:17 PM
The time has come for Princeton to be ranked in the top 25 in FCS football

citdog
November 2nd, 2013, 09:27 PM
The time has come for Princeton to be ranked in the top 25 in FCS football

no it hasn't. the ivy league plays NOBODY OOC but the patsy league and an occasional game with bottom dwellers in GOOD leagues.

Mr. C
November 2nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
How is this for coincidence? Mr. C was at the 2004 game between Appalachian State and Furman when Richie Williams set the NCAA Division I record with 28 consecutive completions (and then won the game 30-29 with a TD run in the final seconds). He was also in the press box for Quinn Epperly's performance today against Cornell, with the 29 straight completions (the 29 in a row also SHATTERED the consecutive completions to start a game mark of 20). What are the odds of seeing both those games in person?

BTW, to my furry friend from Charleston. I seem to remember The Citadel winning a couple of games against Princeton a few years back. This is a much better Princeton team than those toothless Tigers your Bulldogs beat. I've had them in my top-25 for a couple of weeks.

bonarae
November 2nd, 2013, 09:35 PM
But what are the NFL odds for the record setters... About naught. xchinscratchx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

citdog
November 2nd, 2013, 09:41 PM
BTW, to my furry friend from Charleston. I seem to remember The Citadel winning a couple of games against Princeton a few years back. This is a much better Princeton team than those toothless Tigers your Bulldogs beat. I've had them in my top-25 for a couple of weeks.

like i said "bottom dwellers from GOOD leagues" xsmiley_wix

Bogus Megapardus
November 2nd, 2013, 09:51 PM
I was at this game this afternoon. Princeton was unstoppable and the game was nowhere near as close as the score seems. I felt really bad for Jeff Mathews. Cornell has no OL.

Bogus Megapardus
November 2nd, 2013, 10:04 PM
As Princeton kept pounding up the field with a relentless no-huddle on hyperdrive, the dearest First Lady (a Cornell alum) seated next to me started saying, "thank you, Sir, may I have another." Anyone who was at this game knows what I'm talking about. It was that bad for the Big Red.

Ivytalk
November 2nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
As Princeton kept pounding up the field with a relentless no-huddle on hyperdrive, the dearest First Lady (a Cornell alum) seated next to me started saying, "thank you, Sir, may I have another." Anyone who was at this game knows what I'm talking about. It was that bad for the Big Red.

That might bode well for you tonight, Bogie!xsmiley_wixxcoolxxsmiley_wix

Go...gate
November 2nd, 2013, 10:58 PM
no it hasn't. the ivy league plays NOBODY OOC but the patsy league and an occasional game with bottom dwellers in GOOD leagues.

Now, now. Princeton has played the Bulldogs recently.

Go...gate
November 2nd, 2013, 10:59 PM

The Cornell band sounded great outside the stadium after the game, though.

smallcollegefbfan
November 3rd, 2013, 01:08 AM

It's a better league than you think. I don't have Princeton in my top 25 yet but I have them very close. I have both them and Harvard in the 26-31 range.

Interesting stat for you. I project that the Ivy league from last year and this year combined will have the same amount of NFL Draft picks that the Southern Conference will. Last year Sam Martin, Demetrius McCray, Nicholas Williams, and Aaron Mellette were selected while this year I think Dakota Dozier gets picked late, maybe. Say that is 5 draft picks. Ivy League had Mike Catapano, JC Tretter, and the Harvard TE last year and will have two this year (Caraun Reid, Jeff Mathews). Ivy League has gotten better. Will there be 2-3 draft picks every year from here on out? I doubt that but I will say that I expect to see draft picks more often than there has been. Caraun Reid and JC Tretter will make two Ivy League players drafted higher than any SoCon player has been over the last two years if you talk about last year and this year's draft. If Catapano was back this year I would say that Princeton would have the best DL in the entire FCS.

smallcollegefbfan
November 3rd, 2013, 01:11 AM
I was at this game this afternoon. Princeton was unstoppable and the game was nowhere near as close as the score seems. I felt really bad for Jeff Mathews. Cornell has no OL.

Jeff Mathews has literally nothing around him. While he won't be a high draft pick he should still get drafted and put up an All-America season despite having nothing around him. He's a one man show right now. Cornell's sophomore center has potential but he needs a lot of development over the next two years.

Go...gate
November 3rd, 2013, 01:16 AM
Going 29 for your first 29 passing attempts and 32 for 35 overall is top-flight work at ANY level of football. Last time I saw a QB that hot was Phil Simms in SB 21.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2013, 01:40 AM
It's a better league than you think. I don't have Princeton in my top 25 yet but I have them very close. I have both them and Harvard in the 26-31 range.

Interesting stat for you. I project that the Ivy league from last year and this year combined will have the same amount of NFL Draft picks that the Southern Conference will. Last year Sam Martin, Demetrius McCray, Nicholas Williams, and Aaron Mellette were selected while this year I think Dakota Dozier gets picked late, maybe. Say that is 5 draft picks. Ivy League had Mike Catapano, JC Tretter, and the Harvard TE last year and will have two this year (Caraun Reid, Jeff Mathews). Ivy League has gotten better. Will there be 2-3 draft picks every year from here on out? I doubt that but I will say that I expect to see draft picks more often than there has been. Caraun Reid and JC Tretter will make two Ivy League players drafted higher than any SoCon player has been over the last two years if you talk about last year and this year's draft. If Catapano was back this year I would say that Princeton would have the best DL in the entire FCS.
I can't remember when I have seen as many NFL scouts in a press box for a regular season FCS game as there were on hand on Saturday at Princeton. I counted at least nine NFL teams represented. There were more scouts than media members. They were intrigued to see Caraun Reid doing battle with Jeff Mathews, arguably the top defensive player and the top QB in FCS. Princeton sacked Mathews seven times and Reid had an athletic interception to set up the first Princeton score. It is a shame Mathews doesn't have a decent line in front of him and is lacking for experienced, talented receivers. If you put Mathews at Appalachian State, Eastern Washington, or somewhere like that it would be incredible the numbers her would put up with the receivers they have.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2013, 01:50 AM
Jeff Mathews has literally nothing around him. While he won't be a high draft pick he should still get drafted and put up an All-America season despite having nothing around him. He's a one man show right now. Cornell's sophomore center has potential but he needs a lot of development over the next two years.
Mathews has seen his development stunted, as you know, by the lack of talent around him, but he has a very strong arm, fine, feathery touch on passes and very good feet for a guy who is 6-4 and 230. He also has a great aptitude for football, as you would expect from an Ivy Leaguer. I used to cover his high school team on occasion and the league he played in regularly a decade or so before he played there (Camarillo (CA) High School, the same school that produced baseball No. 1 pick Delman Young) and I know he played competitively against some of the top competition in Southern California. He may be a project, but I think Mathews can be a good NFL QB. The scouts liked what they saw of both Reid and Mathews on Saturday.

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2013, 01:52 AM
The Cornell band sounded great outside the stadium after the game, though.
It was nice to see an Ivy League band that actually looked like a REAL marching band. Princeton has maybe the worst college band in America (I know CItdog would agree with me on that last statement).

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2013, 01:54 AM
But what are the NFL odds for the record setters... About naught. xchinscratchx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)
The previous record-setter, Richie Williams, had some success in the CFL.

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Harvard has players whose final college choices read like "Stanford, Boise State, Harvard." Sure sounds like a bush league to me. And I think Epperly was down to Central Florida (scholarship) before Princeton jumped in at the last moment. The Ivy may not have the pure depth at every position off the bench, but the skill and position players are just as good as the top players from the top leagues (i.e. CAA, MVFC).

And with the usual rag-tags towards the bottom half of the poll, which usually features good but flawed and yet, not terrible teams, the top Ivy teams should be ranked.

smilo
November 3rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
This was an absolutely incredible performance that I'm so happy I was able to see. Matthews was having a pretty awesome game too, but as many have said he had no one around him. Felt so bad that he had like 2 seconds to throw every time.

I think I am probably too high on them at the moment, but I have Princeton at 17. After a clear cut top 16 (in my opinion), there is no one that stands out to me after that, so I figured I'd throw Princeton there. SIU and Delaware may be better, but that's really all I can imagine putting in front of them. So 17 or 19. This is a really good football team.

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2013, 08:33 AM
This was an absolutely incredible performance that I'm so happy I was able to see. Matthews was having a pretty awesome game too, but as many have said he had no one around him. Felt so bad that he had like 2 seconds to throw every time.

I think I am probably too high on them at the moment, but I have Princeton at 17. After a clear cut top 16 (in my opinion), there is no one that stands out to me after that, so I figured I'd throw Princeton there. SIU and Delaware may be better, but that's really all I can imagine putting in front of them. So 17 or 19. This is a really good football team.

I just ranked Princeton 18 in my poll. Judging from the teams I placed below them, Princeton would probably give my 18-25 teams a great game (except maybe W&M, which I'm not quite sure how to handle... placed them at 22).

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
Princeton will be rising from 10 in my poll up into the single digits, just not sure where yet.

Caraun Reid will be the first FCS player taken in the NFL draft.

That about sums it up.

World
November 3rd, 2013, 12:10 PM

How true

At least that is what all the Sportscasters are saying

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Princeton will be rising from 10 in my poll up into the single digits, just not sure where yet.

That about sums it up.

You serious Clark?

http://totalfratmove.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/d0872529f9986073630e0b67ebb102ee1759712831.gif

Lehigh'98
November 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM

That about sums it up.

NDSU, EIU, YSU, UMaine, Fordham, Coastal, EWU, SELA, Montana St, Bethune

Which two(at a minimum) of these schools do you have Princeton ranked over?

penguinpower
November 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Congrats to Princeton! The highlight made ESPN College Gameday Final.

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 06:58 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=333060163&confId=22
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Quinn Epperly (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/516520/quinn-epperly) amassed 401 total yards of offense and accounted for six touchdowns to help Princeton pull away from Cornell 53-20 Saturday.
Epperly, who was an efficient 32-of-35 with 325 yards, tossed three touchdowns and ran for another three. He rushed for 69 yards and even had a reception for seven yards. He completed 29 consecutive passes to start the game, setting an NCAA record. His first incompletion came in the third quarter.

Remember how unstoppable that Princeton 2013 offense was?

:)

Go...gate
October 27th, 2018, 07:22 PM
I miss Bogus Megapardus and citdog. Of course, I go back to the days of Cap'n Cat and d1B....

Go...gate
October 27th, 2018, 07:23 PM
This is a proud old series and it will be a hell of game. I hope the weather is decent.

Derby City Duke
October 27th, 2018, 07:25 PM
I just ranked Princeton 18 in my poll. Judging from the teams I placed below them, Princeton would probably give my 18-25 teams a great game (except maybe W&M, which I'm not quite sure how to handle... placed them at 22).

In what poll would anybody rank W&M #22?

Lehigh'98
October 27th, 2018, 07:34 PM

that would be the 2013 Bill & Mary squad. Ivies digging up old threads instead of leading the free world

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 07:35 PM

The 2013 season poll.

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 07:37 PM
that would be the 2013 Bill & Mary squad. Ivies digging up old threads instead of leading the free world

Honestly, switch "Lovett" for "Epperly" and you can pretty much match up all of World's 2013 posts with his posts this season.

And yes- Dartmouth beat Princeton in 2013.

Lehigh'98
October 27th, 2018, 07:41 PM

Honestly, switch "Lovett" for "Epperly" and you can pretty much match up all of World's 2013 posts with his posts this season.

And yes- Dartmouth beat Princeton in 2013.

Looking forward to the game. Thinking about going since I live about 10 minutes away. Princeton definitely has talent I saw at the Lehigh massacre, but expect a great game.

Derby City Duke
October 27th, 2018, 07:45 PM

Geez, my cognitive processing skills are completely gone -- missed the thread date...xoopsx

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Geez, my cognitive processing skills are completely gone -- missed the thread date...xoopsx

My apologies. I should specify next time I resurrect a thread.

For those who haven't been following the Ivy threads, my distinguished colleague World has been going on and on about how awesome Princeton is this season, highlighting the stats of their quarterback and insisting that Princeton be highly rated and its players be given honors.

He did the exact same thing in 2013.

And Dartmouth beat Princeton that year.

Will this same scenario play out in 2018? Find out Saturday!!!

JSUSoutherner
October 27th, 2018, 09:31 PM

For those who haven't been following the Ivy threads, my distinguished colleague World has been going on and on about how awesome Princeton is this season, highlighting the stats of their quarterback and insisting that Princeton be highly rated and its players be given honors.

Regardless of a Princeton or Dartmouth win this weekend it won't mean anything cause the Ivies don't participate in the postseason.

cx500d
October 28th, 2018, 05:51 PM

I hope you asspound them and then don't even give them the courtesy of a reach around

World
October 28th, 2018, 06:06 PM
I hope you asspound them and then don't even give them the courtesy of a reach around

ha!

good one

my guess is that the final score from this Friday would be something like:

Princeton - 52
Darmouth - 12

Go Green
October 29th, 2018, 06:57 AM

Always good to see Dartmouth getting new fans! :)

Go Green
October 29th, 2018, 06:58 AM
ha!

good one

Princeton - 52
Darmouth - 12

Interesting line.

I'll take Dartmouth and the forty points. I'm guessing that the rest of the world would as well.

cx500d
October 29th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Always good to see Dartmouth getting new fans! :)

As a former Mainer I’ll go for the NH team every time. Plus World is just obnoxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World
October 29th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Interesting line.

I'll take Dartmouth and the forty points. I'm guessing that the rest of the world would as well.

Just kidding on that one

the Dartmouth/Princeton game is probablly going to be a close battle that might be decided by one TD or less

OhioHen
October 29th, 2018, 10:51 AM

Tellin' it like it is as usual.

OhioHen
October 29th, 2018, 10:53 AM

This thread was resurrected from 2013 - Bill and Mare were pretty good just a few years ago.

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2018, 12:26 PM
ha!

good one

Princeton - 52
Darmouth - 12
Dartmouth will give up 0 points to Princeton this Friday. I'll guarantee it.

World
October 29th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Dartmouth will give up 0 points to Princeton this Friday. I'll guarantee it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?145888-Princeton-QB-Quinn-Epperly-sets-NCAA-record&p=2699582&viewfull=1#post2699582

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Bet for World

If Princeton loses to Dartmouth this year, you admit that John Lovett is not the best player in the FCS and put that in your signature so future posts say that until The Walter Payton award is decided. The follow up to this is, if John Lovett wins the award you can remove your signature, but if not, you must add to your signature, leaving the signature that John Lovett is not the best player in the FCS and adding on a separate line the WP winner for the 2018 year until the start of next football season, after which time, both can be removed.

If Princeton beats Dartmouth this year, I'll PayPal you 20 USD to any account of your choosing and should John Lovett win the WP, I'll edit my signature to have it say "2018 WP winner: John Lovett".

This is your chance to prove to the rest of us what you are really made of. The man you called an inbred MFer can verify that I pay up if I lose a bet, so this is finally your chance to stop skirting the issue and nut up or shut up. Put your money where your mouth is and take this bet or please, for the rest of us on here, forever leave this board since you are too scared to back your words with a bet.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

World
October 29th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Bet for World

If Princeton loses to Dartmouth this year, you admit that John Lovett is not the best player in the FCS and put that in your signature so future posts say that until The Walter Payton award is decided. The follow up to this is, if John Lovett wins the award you can remove your signature, but if not, you must add to your signature, leaving the signature that John Lovett is not the best player in the FCS and adding on a separate line the WP winner for the 2018 year until the start of next football season, after which time, both can be removed.

If Princeton beats Dartmouth this year, I'll PayPal you 20 USD to any account of your choosing and should John Lovett win the WP, I'll edit my signature to have it say "2018 WP winner: John Lovett".

This is your chance to prove to the rest of us what you are really made of. The man you called an inbred MFer can verify that I pay up if I lose a bet, so this is finally your chance to stop skirting the issue and nut up or shut up. Put your money where your mouth is and take this bet or please, for the rest of us on here, forever leave this board since you are too scared to back your words with a bet.

well thanks for putting this in your signature page at the bottom:

"I think you might have missed my comments. Princeton's QB John Lovett is the best player in the FCS"

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2018, 03:49 PM
well thanks for putting this in your signature page at the bottom:

"I think you might have missed my comments. Princeton's QB John Lovett is the best player in the FCS" So you're a fraud but bigger than that, a pussy. Pathetic.

World
October 29th, 2018, 04:38 PM
So you're a fraud but bigger than that, a pussy. Pathetic.

huh?

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2018, 05:27 PM
huh?Are you honestly too scared to take a bet?

World
October 29th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Are you honestly too scared to take a bet?

Sorry, but I'm not scared of anything.

How about you?

By the way, some friends are looking for a good flooring technician. Any idea where to find one?

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Sorry, but I'm not scared of anything.

How about you?

By the way, some friends are looking for a good flooring technician. Any idea where to find one?

Then take the bet. I'm sick and tired of your ****. Nut up or shut up.

World
October 29th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Then take the bet. I'm sick and tired of your ****. Nut up or shut up.

The bet?

Would you want me to give you a call or just drop by the school (270) to arrange the bet in person?

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2018, 06:55 PM
The bet?

Would you want me to give you a call or just drop by the school (270) to arrange the bet in person?

So you looked up the school district I work for and then found my name? You trying to start something? People on here know me and know where I work and I don't care, I don't know you and I won't stand for that ****.

World
October 29th, 2018, 07:09 PM
So you looked up the school district I work for and then found my name? You trying to start something? People on here know me and know where I work and I don't care, I don't know you and I won't stand for that ****.

Sorry, don't know what you are talking about

and correct, you don't know me (Panda Express)

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Sorry, don't know what you are talking about

That's bull**** and you know it. You know damn well what you did and tried to pretend like you didn't doxx me when in reality you looked me and found out based off of clues where I worked and what district it is that's why you posted the district number you ****ing ****head. If you ever come around my work, I promise you, you will not like what comes your way. I don't care what Rev or Ursus decides for me, but if you think I take this **** seriously, you bet your ass I do and will not tolerate it one bit.

World
October 29th, 2018, 07:55 PM
That's bull**** and you know it. You know damn well what you did and tried to pretend like you didn't doxx me when in reality you looked me and found out based off of clues where I worked and what district it is that's why you posted the district number you ****ing ****head. If you ever come around my work, I promise you, you will not like what comes your way. I don't care what Rev or Ursus decides for me, but if you think I take this **** seriously, you bet your ass I do and will not tolerate it one bit.

sorry but don't know what you are talking about

Bison56
October 29th, 2018, 08:45 PM
xlolx this thread.

Sader87
October 30th, 2018, 12:16 AM
What's Quinn Epperly up to today in 2018?

Twentysix
October 30th, 2018, 02:31 AM
What's Quinn Epperly up to today in 2018?It looks like he is a realtor in Tennessee. And also does the spring league. https://www.thespringleague.com

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk