PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 11

carney2
November 2nd, 2013, 08:57 PM
And then there was one. How many of you envisioned Lafayette in the driver’s seat at any time during the season, let alone as we near the finish line? What’s that? Oh yeah, there were two fearless prognosticators that had this scoped out back in August. Oh, maybe not the details, but they had the Pards coming on strong after they survived their OOC death march. Now it’s game of the year, Part I.

Week 11 – November 9, 2013

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH

BUCKNELL @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE

Bye: GEORGETOWN

Patriot League vs. OOC:

AAC 1-0
CAA 3-5
Ivy 8-8
Mountain West 0-1
NEC 4-5
Pioneer 2-1

Most Impressive Win of the Week:

Bucknell 28, Colgate 7 – Some picked it but few believe it. No one wants to play the Buffaloes now. (Hear that, Fordham?!)

Most Disappointing Loss of the Week:

We’ve reached the point in the season where the biggest win is usually the biggest loss. ‘gate is now in a “must win” situation for two consecutive weeks.

Standings (Fordham counts):

Fordham 9-0, 3-0
Lafayette 3-5, 3-0
Colgate 3-6, 2-1
Bucknell 4-4, 2-2
Lehigh 6-2, 1-2
Holy Cross 3-7, 1-3
Georgetown 1-8, 0-4

bonarae
November 2nd, 2013, 09:37 PM
Lehigh
Fordham
Lafayette

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Vooter
November 2nd, 2013, 11:00 PM
No one wants to play the Buffaloes now. (Hear that, Fordham?!)

We want to play you... :D

gopards
November 2nd, 2013, 11:17 PM
Holy cross
Fordham
Lafayette

ngineer
November 2nd, 2013, 11:40 PM
Gonna go with Fordham winning by the 'home field 3", 35-32. Will not be surprised if the ball bounces the other way. If this were in Lewisburg, I'd go the other way.

'pards say Frank "Drew" it up. Colgate with backs to wall. Should be a doozy. Edge to the home team, 30-27.

The home theme continues at Goodman. No word on how McHale looking as the new #1. He brings a new dimension BB did not have--a strong run threat. Never liked the QB draw with BB has he was no runner; but McHale runs similar to Colvin and opens up options. Main Q is his ability to read the D and make the right decisions. The other elephant hiding behind the potted plant is what changes, if any, are made with the D. Crusaders likely reeling after three straight losses to 'gate, pards and rams. Lehigh comes after a bye week to sell out with a convincing win, 34-20.

Fordhamanhattan
November 3rd, 2013, 03:02 AM
Fordham over Bison Who will jack prael root fer? Talked to Brian Wetzel and others on the Maroon eleven. They felt the week off weakened them for the inspired Crusaders. Don't expect them not to be ready, only one important injury, Trebucky Jones hammy. 54-15
The Toothpasters are done. The spotted ones %6-23
Holy Cross offense is solid. Quarterback smart and a leader. Drop too many balls. 34-23

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Fordham over Bison Who will jack prael root fer? Talked to Brian Wetzel and others on the Maroon eleven. They felt the week off weakened them for the inspired Crusaders. Don't expect them not to be ready, only one important injury, Trebucky Jones hammy. 54-15
The Toothpasters are done. The spotted ones %6-23
Holy Cross offense is solid. Quarterback smart and a leader. Drop too many balls. 34-23

Is that 56-23 I assume??? Yowza!!! I have tix to the Fordham-Lafayette game now!

Skyhawk71
November 3rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
Holy Cross @ Lehigh
Bucknell @ Fordham
Colgate @ Lafayette

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Fordham will ultimately romp; it may be close for the first half, but that's all.

BUT... it's great that all of this week's games are popcorn worthy. (I guess that's because Georgetown is not playing). If Pujals can exploit Lehigh's seemingly week secondary defense, and if the new QB struggles, I must say, I'm liking Lafayette's chances at Badman.

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
Holy cross
Fordham
Lafayette

xthumbsupx

What he said.

Engineer86
November 3rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
Holy cross
Fordham
Lafayette

Welcome to the board. Hope you stick around after the 23rd.

World
November 3rd, 2013, 11:55 PM
Holy Cross @ Lehigh
Bucknell @ Fordham
Colgate @ Lafayette

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Reading through some of the threads, I sense the overwhelming support from the other conferences for the Patriot to garner three bids this year. They all know we deserve it and most are willing to sacrifice their own bids to make sure we get there. The munificence truly is heartwarming.

So what is the best road to get there this weekend? Who must win? I'll arrange my picks accordingly.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Reading through some of the threads, I sense the overwhelming support from the other conferences for the Patriot to garner three bids this year. They all know we deserve it and most are willing to sacrifice their own bids to make sure we get there. The munificence truly is heartwarming.

So what is the best road to get there this weekend? Who must win? I'll arrange my picks accordingly.

It's really great to see that people truly recognize that Bucknell, if they go 7-4, will have beaten a Top 3 team in Fordham, and that other conferences truly see those wins as what they are - equating them to, say, a win over Coastal Carolina, or Sam Houston State in terms of Top 25 recognition. It's also heartening to see that Princeton is moved into everyone's Top 10, because, after all, they'd certainly beat Montana State.

Bill
November 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I'm looking to rebound this week.

Here we go:

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH - I have to pick Lehigh here. Not sure we can hold up on D, and score enough on O, though :)

BUCKNELL @ FORDHAM - if this game is close (within 14-17 points), Fordham is nowhere near as good as we think. I see this as a "step on their throat" kind of game.

COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE - just a hunch. This is the kind of game I need to talk to a therapist about. Is this one at night? Could be a really fun day in the Valley....in fact, I wonder if the schools have ever consciously thought about doing that. Football junkies everywhere would enjoy the DH.

Sader87
November 4th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Lotsa sour grapes here but I'm having a hard time seeing FU as a "Top 3" team in the nation. Tremendous offense but hardly a good to very good defense. I'm not a national poll/ranking junkie like many here but my 'eye-test" would have them in the Top 10-20 area.

It's all about match-ups and I think HC matched up very well with Fordham i.e. we have a good offense and with a couple breaks (and we had more than our share) we could potentially out score and beat FU. I don't think the Bison have that offense even with the return of Wesley at QB.

PAllen
November 4th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Should be a full slate of good games this week, but I'm taking the home teams across the board.

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I've never really launched a decent Pick 'em Thread Colgate assault before. They're due.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1566/m96t.png

JimboCBA72
November 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Tremendous offense but hardly a good to very good defense. I'm not a national poll/ranking junkie like many here but my 'eye-test" would have them in the Top 10-20 area.

It's all about match-ups and I think HC matched up very well with Fordham i.e. we have a good offense and with a couple breaks (and we had more than our share) we could potentially out score and beat FU. I don't think the Bison have that offense even with the return of Wesley at QB.

You're right. Just good enough to keep HC off the board in the second half till minute and change remained in game.

Sader87
November 4th, 2013, 02:01 PM
You're right. Just good enough to keep HC off the board in the second half till minute and change remained in game.

True enough.

I will say this in my best Lloyd Bentsen voice: "I have seen Towson play. Towson was no friend of ours....Fordham is no Towson."

RichH2
November 4th, 2013, 02:05 PM
LU in a nail biter,so many ifs for LU this is strictly a homer pick

Pards will score on Gate's D. Can Pard D limit McCarney. Not enuf IMO. Gate
Rams will outbutt Bison. BU may keep FU under 50 but dont think they will score enuf to win.

Pards Rule
November 4th, 2013, 03:57 PM
True enough.

I will say this in my best Lloyd Bentsen voice: "I have seen Towson play. Towson was no friend of ours....Fordham is no Towson."

Still the most withering line I have seen I a presidential or VP debate! RIP Senator Bentsen!

ngineer
November 4th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Still the most withering line I have seen I a presidential or VP debate! RIP Senator Bentsen!

Yes, you could see Quayle melting behind the podium.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Fun fact: Dan Quayle's son Tucker Quayle went to Lehigh.

TheValleyRaider
November 4th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Poking in from the road in southern PA, so this will have to be a bit more brief (briefer?) than normal. 2-1 on the picks (yep, that one), up to 29-20 for the season.

Holy Cross at Lehigh Lehigh Mountain Hawks have had a week to lick their wounds after their unceremonious stomping by the Bison, while Holy Cross comes off a moral victory for nearly beating Fordham. Arguably that's closer than the Hawks came, and arguably Lehigh hasn't really looked much better with their schedules taken in totality. Home field plus two weeks to prepare gives Lehigh the edge.

Bucknell at Fordham Fordham Two consecutive dragons slayed by the basketball boys, and now they look to snap their streak against formidable Fordham. Wait, the Bison have won 2 straight against the Rams? How about that. The Rams took their time getting back against HC, can they be so cavalier when facing Bucknell? Or is the pressure of an unbeaten campaign starting to weigh on them? I'll guess their offense outpaces the Bison, and the Rams remain in a different class than the rest of the League.

Colgate at Lafayette Colgate The Raiders continue to struggle with injuries and ineffectiveness, alternately on both sides of the ball. The wounded now go to Easton, where they haven't won in the last 2 trips. 3 wins in the last seven for Lafayette in the series marks their best run since the late-80s/early-90s. Leopards are riding high in first place, which makes it the perfect time for them to come back to the pack with an excruciating defeat exposing whatever flaws they may possess. What are those flaws? I'm sure their fan base can pick out a few....

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2013, 05:04 PM

And much of Joe Biden's family went to Lafayette. Between us, we're really distinguishing ourselves now, aren't we? I mean, those friggin' Ivies get the legacies of real presidents. We get the leftovers.

Go...gate
November 4th, 2013, 05:18 PM

I recall seeing VP and Mrs. Quayle at the 43-42 HC-Lehigh classic in 1991.

RichH2
November 4th, 2013, 05:30 PM
And much of Joe Biden's family went to Lafayette. Between us, we're really distinguishing ourselves now, aren't we? I mean, those friggin' Ivies get the legacies of real presidents. We get the leftovers.

xrotatehx Oh,well we are safety schools for politicians. Given the current state in politics ,no plus to have any pols' kids comig to PL. Leave them to the Ivies. to continue turning out Ted Cruz clonesxrolleyesx

Sader87
November 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Keeping the VP thread going, Sargeant Shriver's son Mark was a classmate of mine at HC.

Back to Fordham, I think they are a tremendous team and I'm both happy for their success (and the PL's in their wake) this year. We are all forever indebted to them for pushing the envelope on football scholarships.

carney2
November 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH - Cross has enough firepower to obliterate the rumor of a Squawk defense. Without Bialkowski, the Brownies may not be able to keep pace. Picking the team that has proven they know how to win - for now.

BUCKNELL @ FORDHAM - The Bucknell resurgence has been thrilling, but methinx they hit the wall in The Bronx.

COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE - A gimping McCarney and a same old Colgate defense should be enough for the Pards who appear to be chugging to a coronation.

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2013, 06:11 PM

... because he was rejected from Lafayette for not being able to spell 'potato' correctly in his application.

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2013, 06:45 PM
... because he was rejected from Lafayette for not being able to spell 'potato' correctly in his application.

Can't be that, P4L. I keep saying this - they don't teach spelling at Lehigh until the graduate level. It wouldn't have helped poor Dan Quayl (leave the last "e" off for "potatoe").

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Can you name two Vice Presidents who attended Transylvania University?

Bill
November 4th, 2013, 10:00 PM
How about Breckinridge, VP for Buchanan - I think he left to go join the Confederates....Citdog, can you confirm? and Johnson, VP for Van Buren...

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2013, 10:49 PM
How about Breckinridge, VP for Buchanan - I think he left to go join the Confederates....Citdog, can you confirm? and Johnson, VP for Van Buren...

First thought: "Transylvania U? No such place."

Second thought: "Oh wait I may have heard of it. Kentucky maybe?"

Third thought: "Didn't FDR's VP say that the VP isn't worth a bucket of warm spit?"

Fourth thought: "Exactly. Which is why I can't recall his name but I can recall the FDR cabinet."

Can't be worse than John Tyler. 10th President becomes a Confederate delegate.

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Now come to think of it, can we fill in the blanks where US presidents went to school? These are my guesses

GW - none
Adams - Harvard
Jefferson - William Mary
Madison - WM
Monroe - WM
JQA - Harvard
Jackson- none
Van Buren - Columbia
WHH - none
Tyler - none
Polk - none
Taylor - Army
Fillmore - none
Pierce - somewhere in NH
Buchanan- Dickinson
Lincoln - none
Johnson - none
Grant - Army
Hayes - Miami U
Garfield - Miami U
Arthur - none
Cleveland - none
Harrison - Miami U
McKinley - Allegheny
Teddy - Harvard
Taft - Yale
Wilson - Princeton
Harding - Miami U
Coolidge - Amherst
Hoover - Stanford
FDR - Harvard
Truman - Mizzou -Rolla
Ike- Army
JFK - Harvard
LBJ - Texas Teachers College
Nixon - Whittier
Ford - Michigan
Carter - Navy
Reagan - Wheaton
Bush - Yale
Clinton - Georgetown
Bush - Yale
Obama - Columbia

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Warren Harding attended Ohio Central College, an institution of higher learning which went defunct in the late 19th century. Some similarities to Lafayette. I'll go ahead and say that Hardling went to a "Lafayette-esque" college.

Chester Arthur attended Union College, oh-so-close to Colgate but not Colgate.

James Garfield? Shoulda went to Holy Cross. Instead went to Williams.

Bill
November 5th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Now come to think of it, can we fill in the blanks where US presidents went to school? These are my guesses

GW - none
Adams - Harvard
Jefferson - William Mary
Madison - WM
Monroe - WM
JQA - Harvard
Jackson- none
Van Buren - Columbia
WHH - none
Tyler - none
Polk - none
Taylor - Army
Fillmore - none
Pierce - somewhere in NH
Buchanan- Dickinson
Lincoln - none
Johnson - none
Grant - Army
Hayes - Miami U
Garfield - Miami U
Arthur - none
Cleveland - none
Harrison - Miami U
McKinley - Allegheny
Teddy - Harvard
Taft - Yale
Wilson - Princeton
Harding - Miami U
Coolidge - Amherst
Hoover - Stanford
FDR - Harvard
Truman - Mizzou -Rolla
Ike- Army
JFK - Harvard
Nixon - Whittier
Ford - Michigan
Carter - Navy
Reagan - Wheaton
Bush - Yale
Clinton - Georgetown
Bush - Yale
Obama - Columbia

Please note - Miami U, not "the U" :)

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2013, 06:29 AM

Johnson went to Southwest Texas State, now known as Texas State-San Marcos. He briefly attended Georgetown for law school.

Sitting Bull
November 5th, 2013, 06:42 AM

GW - none
Adams - Harvard
Jefferson - William Mary
Madison - WM
Monroe - WM
JQA - Harvard
Jackson- none
Van Buren - Columbia
WHH - none
Tyler - none
Polk - none
Taylor - Army
Fillmore - none
Pierce - somewhere in NH
Buchanan- Dickinson
Lincoln - none
Johnson - none
Grant - Army
Hayes - Miami U
Garfield - Miami U
Arthur - none
Cleveland - none
Harrison - Miami U
McKinley - Allegheny
Teddy - Harvard
Taft - Yale
Wilson - Princeton
Harding - Miami U
Coolidge - Amherst
Hoover - Stanford
FDR - Harvard
Truman - Mizzou -Rolla
Ike- Army
JFK - Harvard
Nixon - Whittier
Ford - Michigan
Carter - Navy
Reagan - Wheaton
Bush - Yale
Clinton - Georgetown
Bush - Yale
Obama - Columbia

Madison went to Princeton.
Tyler went to W&M.
GW also took classes at W&M as well.

i think W&M counts three total: Jefferson, Monroe and Tyler.

In the admissions office at W&M there is a great portrait of a young Jefferson that just says "Class of 1763" (May have the year wrong)

Pard4Life
November 5th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Johnson went to Southwest Texas State, now known as Texas State-San Marcos. He briefly attended Georgetown for law school.

So is LBJ the only "state college" president? I guess that should be expected since the only colleges in the earlier era of this country were mostly private... which is why the football powerhouses of the day were private as well.

Bill
November 5th, 2013, 08:42 AM
So is LBJ the only "state college" president? I guess that should be expected since the only colleges in the earlier era of this country were mostly private... which is why the football powerhouses of the day were private as well.

Pard - I believe you're correct, technically. We all know W&M is public now, but was private when their President alumni attended....

Correction - same deal for Miami of Ohio...and Missouri-Rolla...and Army & Navy are certainly public!

carney2
November 5th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Not much football going on here. Has everyone just conceded the trophy to the Pards?

RichH2
November 5th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Not much football going on here. Has everyone just conceded the trophy to the Pards?

xeyebrowx
I certainly hope Pards feel that way for the rest of this season. You should have the target on your back for a while. Mayhap,being the decided underdog will benefit LU.xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
November 5th, 2013, 09:53 AM

We have. Pay the little university on South Mountain no mind. We have no chance. xsmiley_wix

Fordhamanhattan
November 5th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Three straight elected Republican Presidents had chairmen of their election committee from Fordham, Nixon (John Mitchell, a left footer to boot), Ronald Reagan (William Casey) and George Bush (my friend Rich Bond who organized the only orgy with good looking girls that I was aware of at Fordham)

Vooter
November 5th, 2013, 10:26 AM

Great trivia about Tyler, though: Although he was born in 1790, during the Washington administration, he had a daughter who managed to live until 1948, and a granddaughter who lived until 1988!

Sader87
November 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Actually Pres. Tyler still has living grandchildren:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/01/president-tyler-grandson-alive.html

Amazing factoid...I often use this to explain to students that the 1700's/18th C in many ways, was really not that long ago.

Bogus Megapardus
November 5th, 2013, 11:58 AM
really not that long ago

Yep - just like Bob Cousy. ;)

Bill
November 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18494&stc=1

crusader11
November 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Yep - just like Bob Cousy. ;)

You know, we coulda...

ngineer
November 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM

Third thought: "Didn't FDR's VP say that the VP isn't worth a bucket of warm spit?"

Fourth thought: "Exactly. Which is why I can't recall his name but I can recall the FDR cabinet."

I believe it was John "Texas Jack" Garner.

ngineer
November 5th, 2013, 12:20 PM

Michigan is a state university.

Bill
November 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18495&stc=1

Sader87
November 5th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Actually, let's be kind to the Cooz (not that I don't think you are)...he just lost his loving wife recently and I fear he may not be with us much longer.

Leopard Loyalist
November 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Back to the list of presidents to correct a glaring error. Reagan went to Eureka College (class of '32) and played football, obviously prepping for his role as the Gipper.

Lehigh'98
November 5th, 2013, 02:44 PM
McHale and Shafinsky will be sharing playing time this week. I'm not sure we can stop Pujals on D. Ground and pound with time of possession is our best chance to win, else we will be playing spoiler. If I'm not mistaken, Lafayette can get the AQ with a 4-7 record if they beat Colgate this week. Really doesn't help our league's street cred, eh....

Leopard Loyalist
November 5th, 2013, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Lehigh'98;2042712 If I'm not mistaken, Lafayette can get the AQ with a 4-7 record if they beat Colgate this week. [/QUOTE]

Only if HC beats Lehigh this week.

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM

True! And the other one, Ben, was a congressman from Arizona for a term, 2010-12. Upended in a GOP primary which pitted him against another congressman in a redistricting.

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2013, 06:37 PM

Without looking up, one John Nance Gardner. I'll take forgotten VPs for $300 Alex....

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2013, 06:42 PM

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/01/president-tyler-grandson-alive.html

Amazing factoid...I often use this to explain to students that the 1700's/18th C in many ways, was really not that long ago.

Wow - well Mr Tyler was still banging at 75! Maybe 74! How do you have a kid at 75?!?!?

ColgateTD
November 5th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Lehigh over HC - going with the home team; should be quite a game.
Bucknell over Fordham - many will sneer at this, but the Bison made a believer out of me. They are officially "The Beast of the East"
Lafayette over 'Gate - there are rumors the fumiGATErs are still working to get the stink out of Andy Kerr Stadium after last week's total sleepover by the BiddleMen. I don't see 'Gate recovering from the Bison's blow, at least not in Leopard Country.

35-14

Bogus Megapardus
November 6th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Week 11 Spoprtsbook:

Brown (-4) at Yale o/u 49

Lehigh (-2) vs Holy Cross o/u 61

Harvard (-35) at Columbia o/u 57

Lafayette (-7½) vs Colgate o/u 60

Princeton (-10½) at Penn o/u 57

Dartmouth (-12) vs Cornell o/u 61

Bucknell (NL) at Fordham

CrusaderBob
November 6th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Wow - well Mr Tyler was still banging at 75! Maybe 74! How do you have a kid at 75?!?!?

I can't tell you who, when, or where you have a kid at 75, but I certainly hope I don't have to tell you how!
:D

breezy
November 6th, 2013, 07:47 AM
From Pard4Life:

That's the censored version.

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Few additions I looked up:

Pierce: Bowdoin
Polk: UNC Chapel Hill
Taylor never went to College; writing described as that of a near illiterate
Hayes: Kenyon College
Garfield: Williams
Arthur: Union College
Truman never earned a college degree (! never knew that)

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Biddle mentioned that Colgate does not seem to be playing with confidence at the moment.

Tavani said that Colgate may have overlooked Bucknell.

Do you Gate fans believe any of those statements?

I was under the impression that McCarney can't move and that the defense is pitiful yet again -- confidence can't overcome those hurdles.

CFBfan
November 6th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Biddle mentioned that Colgate does not seem to be playing with confidence at the moment.

Tavani said that Colgate may have overlooked Bucknell.

Do you Gate fans believe any of those statements?

I was under the impression that McCarney can't move and that the defense is pitiful yet again -- confidence can't overcome those hurdles.

i think all the above apply here pard......

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Overall Record 30-19

Lafayette 27 Colgate 20 - Lafayette edges the Raiders at home in what should be a very evenly contested game...

Fordham 31 Bucknell 20 - The Bison might hand around for a bit but the Rams are too strong...

Lehigh 34 Holy Cross 24 - Lehigh should be able to move the ball well with McHale at QB. The biggest question is the defense which will be able to do just enough to allow LU to survive another week...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM
double post....

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I have a feeling that Holy Cross will dominate most phases of the game and yet, Lehigh will pull another win out of their a$$.

Lehigh'98
November 6th, 2013, 11:34 AM
An ugly W is always prettier than a beautiful L

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I have a feeling that Holy Cross will dominate most phases of the game and yet, Lehigh will pull another win out of their a$$.

Yes, I would happily accept that happening.

RichH2
November 6th, 2013, 12:11 PM
xconfusedx No idea which LU team will show up on Saturday. Princeton version or Bucknell? Will D ever get another TO? One edge may be HC has shown a major susceptibility to long passes. Matt not as accurate as BB but much stronger arm. Cross D well coached ,as always,but still slow. LU has a good edge with WR's speed. Will that be enuf with our D? Hope so. Do expect D to react well to BU mortification with energy. Open qustion as to whether our DCs will also. Agree ,I will be thankful for an ugly win.xthumbsupx

Sader87
November 6th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I wish I had the faith in HC that many of the LU followers here have.

Lot of 'growing pains' for the Saders this year which has led to a LOT of inconsistency overall. I think the Fordham game was sort of our "Alamo" game this year and we'll travel to Bethlehem this week with very little left in our muskets.

Bill
November 6th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Sader

While Texas took it on the chin at the Alamo, I think they won the war :)

Sader87
November 6th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Sader

While Texas took it on the chin at the Alamo, I think they won the war :)

Very true....unfortunately I think our Battle of San Jacinto will be fought in 2014.

Not giving up on these Saders mind you, just think that a lot of fight is gone from them this season. Too much to expect them to go down to Goodman and win this week.

Leopard Loyalist
November 7th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Some tough predictions this week, so these selections are a mix of both hope and reality. Not sure about the balance of those two, but probably a bit more hope.

Holy Cross edges Lehigh
Fordham bursts Bucknell's bubble, but not without a fight
Lafayette tops Colgate once again at home

Go...gate
November 7th, 2013, 12:58 AM
I always thought Truman did not attend college. He was a voracious reader, supposedly reading every book in the Independence, MO library and many more after that in his lifetime.

Did he earn a degree?

Go...gate
November 7th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Actually, let's be kind to the Cooz (not that I don't think you are)...he just lost his loving wife recently and I fear he may not be with us much longer.

Agreed. His devotion to his wife, as she slipped ever more deeply into Alzheimer's, was exemplary.

carney2
November 7th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I always thought Truman did not attend college. He was a voracious reader, supposedly reading every book in the Independence, MO library and many more after that in his lifetime.

Did he earn a degree?

No. The last U.S. President to not graduate from college.

RichH2
November 7th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Another interesting pick'em thread. I wonder where we will wander to next?

Doc QB
November 7th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Another interesting pick'em thread. I wonder where we will wander to next?

Obama-care????

CFBfan
November 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Obama-care????

only if you can guarantee this website won't go down

Bill
November 7th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Agreed. His devotion to his wife, as she slipped ever more deeply into Alzheimer's, was exemplary.

No disrespect was meant...I am actually a Boston Celtics fan (when forced to watch the NBA). The Cousey pict was intended to needle at Sader's long standing "we coulda been in the Big East" thing :)

RichH2
November 7th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Obama-care????

:) Not really a topic so much as reporting on an ongoing train wreck. A necessary concept but ill planned and implemented . So many unintended consequences. But I do see its relevance to our D this seasonxsmhx

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Obama-care????

NO!! I come here to relax and enjoy talking about something fun and not have to get into a fight, unless it's with the Brown Mounds.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM
NO!! I come here to relax and enjoy talking about something fun and not have to get into a fight, unless it's with the Brown Mounds.

That won't happen. After all, Lehigh's finished. Out of the championship discussion.

Even your beat writers have jumped on the bandwagon:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/index.ssf/2013/11/lafayette_college_football_tea_15.html#incart_rive r

Ask Lafayette College (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/) senior middle linebacker Mike Boles (http://stats.lehighvalleylive.com/cfb/players.asp?id=193648&team=163)if Saturday's Patriot League date at Fisher Stadium withColgate (http://stats.lehighvalleylive.com/cfb/teamstats.asp?report=teamhome&team=0160)(3:30 p.m.) is the most important game in his Leopard career, and you get a smile, a nod and this response:

"You could say that."

And you'd be right.

Because, for the first time since 2009, Lafayette (3-5, 3-0 PL) is playing for a league title, which they will earn at least a share of by defeating the Raiders (3-6, 2-1). It would be Lafayette's first title since 2006.

Yup. Nothing to see here. The Patriot League Championship will be held in Easton this weekend. :D

Sader87
November 7th, 2013, 10:38 AM
No disrespect was meant...I am actually a Boston Celtics fan (when forced to watch the NBA). The Cousey pict was intended to needle at Sader's long standing "we coulda been in the Big East" thing :)

None taken Bill....I just really feel for the Cooz, he seems devestated by his loss.

Footballhero
November 7th, 2013, 10:38 AM
That is what you call "Bulletin Board Material" my friends. Hope the Lehigh coaches and players jump all over that!

Franks Tanks
November 7th, 2013, 10:44 AM
That is what you call "Bulletin Board Material" my friends. Hope the Lehigh coaches and players jump all over that!

Well that will be a pretty underwhelming bulletin board. The quote by Mike Boles is simply "you could say that", and it is completely true. Lafayette has a chance to clich a share of the title with a win on Saturday. That is huge.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM
That won't happen. After all, Lehigh's finished. Out of the championship discussion.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/index.ssf/2013/11/lafayette_college_football_tea_15.html#incart_rive r

Yup. Nothing to see here. The Patriot League Championship will be held in Easton this weekend. :D

Um, yes. Your point being? It is the Championship game for the moment. It depends on what YOU do. If Lehigh wins BOTH games, which are significant hurdles at this point given the unknown QB and your defense, then 11/23 will be the Championship game. So yes, we are playing for the league title. xconfusedx

Sader87
November 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
One more week before the HAL-9000 gets a much needed overhaul, virus scan etc.

Lafayette 31 Colgate 20 It would be just like the Pards to blow this opportunity to sew up at least a share of the PL title at home against a demoralized Red Raider team but I see them prevailing after stumbling along a bit early.

Fordham 34 Bucknell 17 Rams near loss to the Saders gives them a wake up a call. HAL respects what the Bison have done the last 3 weeks but feels the NYC-11 will be too much in their last (regular season) home game.

Lehigh 38 Holy Cross 23 Not an indictment of the Saders, just reality, eleven straight weeks of games, another long bus ride to Pennsylvania etc. HAL believes the University of Holy Cross Knights shot all their bullets in the Bronx last week.

DFW HOYA
November 7th, 2013, 12:18 PM

Regional homerism? Probably. As long as the PL title stays local, the writers are happy. Heaven help the Morning Call and Express-Times if the balance of power in the PL shifted to Worcester. Or New York. Or, even worse, Washington.

Lehigh'98
November 7th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Regional homerism? Probably. As long as the PL title stays local, the writers are happy. Heaven help the Morning Call and Express-Times if the balance of power in the PL shifted to Worcester. Or New York. Or, even worse, Washington.

The guy really didn't say anything wrong. Lafayette clinches a share of title if they win. Absolutely that is a big game for them...... Colgate and HC have won enough PL titles in the last 20 yrs to offset the Lehigh Valley dominance...

DFW HOYA
November 7th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Colgate and HC have won enough PL titles in the last 20 yrs to offset the Lehigh Valley dominance...

Really?

Number of titles since 1994:

Lehigh Valley Schools (11): 1994,95,98,99,00,01,04,05,06,10,11

Colgate (7): 1997,99,02,03,05,08,12
Fordham (2): 2002,07
Holy Cross (1): 2009
------------
Bucknell (1): 1996
Georgetown : None

CFBfan
November 7th, 2013, 12:38 PM

perhaps Gate can surprise everyone (even themselves) and win the next 2.....

RichH2
November 7th, 2013, 12:47 PM
perhaps Gate can surprise everyone (even themselves) and win the next 2.....

xrolleyesx Well, I'll be happy if they win on Saturday. Slightly increase LU chances if we can beat Crossxthumbsupx Not too sure we actually have a shot but ....

Course either way ,being able to root for a PL title this year so much better than Andy's first years when we rooted for a winning season.xprayx

Bogus Megapardus
November 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Obama-care????

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2667/e6n7.png

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Poor girl... thought she was just taking an innocent stock photo. Now she is the butt of Colgate jokes.

CFBfan
November 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Really?

Colgate (6): 1997,99,02,03,05,08,12
------------

Gate is doing OK there, just no one else (and gilmore has but ONE! i say again he's not a good head coach!)

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Colgate being shutout in the 2003 National Championship game brought shame on the league. It's as if they were not even in the game. I taped the game and I taped over it within a few years. I mean, come on, even SUNY-Ithaca would have scored.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Colgate being shutout in the 2003 National Championship game brought shame on the league. It's as if they were not even in the game. I taped the game and I taped over it within a few years. I mean, come on, even SUNY-Ithaca would have scored.

Coglate's playoff performances outside of 2003 have been horrendous! Their OOC performances have equally pitiful.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Coglate's playoff performances outside of 2003 have been horrendous! Their OOC performances have equally pitiful.

Oooooooooooooooooooohh don't start... don't start! xnonono2x They actually PLAY real teams...

Pards Rule
November 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM

It will be the most important up to that point...Then, it will be the game two weeks from Saturday.

CFBfan
November 7th, 2013, 03:35 PM

I forget, remind me how many national championships lafayette has???

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooohh don't start... don't start! xnonono2x They actually PLAY real teams...

And they get embarrassed on a consistent basis. It actually help themselves and the league if they were more competitive in those games. I just don't understand why someone should get "credit" for scheduling losses.

The last full scholarship team that Colgate beat, I believe, is Umass in 2005....think about that for a second....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Don't be hating on the 2003 Raiders. That win over Howard Schnellenbeger's FAU team that had pretty much assumed they would be heading to Chatty is a Top 10 Patriot League Moment for sure.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Don't be hating on the 2003 Raiders. That win over Howard Schnellenbeger's FAU team that had pretty much assumed they would be heading to Chatty is a Top 10 Patriot League Moment for sure.

It was a great thing for Colgate and the league. Unfortunately, it's seen as such an aberration given 'Gate's other playoff performances imo.

Lehigh'98
November 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM

I'd be interested in a Top 10 Patriot League Moment List......Most of my memories are Lehigh related, so seeing the other schools big wins would be interesting

Bogus Megapardus
November 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Bucknell at Fordham - The Doctors certainly have made a name for themselves over the past three weeks. It's not the same team that was blown up in four straight prior to that. The return of QB Brandon Wesley obviously is part of that but a resurrected Bison defense has to be given its due. Bucknell outgained Colgate 356 to 194 and outgained Lehigh 509-316. I've maintained all along that Fordham will run the table this year but Holy Cross has demonstrated that that it won't be easy for the Rams to do so. Annoying Orange will make a game of it but Carlton Koonce's powerful legs and Mike Nebrich's accurate arm won't allow them to exclaim "Knife!" this time around. Fordham 31-24

Holy Cross at Lehigh - Oh boy, this is gonna be great! Injury-plagued Lehigh has been playing like a massive intestinal virus of late and the Crusaders, playing behind Freshman Phenom Peter Pujals, have all the tools they need to flush the Steaming Pile once and for all this season. As long as they can run the ball with someone other than Pujals (who has a disturbing tendency to lead the team in rushing), I think Holy Cross can take advantage of the inertia of Lehigh's sewer-bound downward vortex. The Crusaders' wont to give up big chunks of yardage makes this one a high-scoring, down-to-the wire game. Holy Cross 38-35

Colgate at Lafayette - Bandwagon Lafayette fans like me suddenly envision the 3-5 Pards on the cusp of of a Patriot League title. How inexplicably odd - not only that it could happen, but that the Pards actually could win the league with a 4-7 record. Now that would be a history-defining moment. Let's not forget that Colgate is the incumbent Patriot League football champion; a win by the Leopards this week, Drew Reed or no Drew Reed, is a mighty tall order. Despite that championship, many Colgate students and alumni (http://www.colgatefootballcollection.com/open-letter.html), and even faculty (http://colgateaaup.blogspot.com/2013/10/open-letter-on-athletics-at-colgate.html), are not pleased with the current state of Colgate athletics and the direction it is taking. How this will affect the Red Raiders' performance this weekend remains to be seen. I am under no illusion of destiny for this Lafayette team which performed so disappointingly to start the season. The Pards easily could go belly-up this weekend. Call me a hopeful homer if you will, but I think they'll win. Lafayette 28-27

Bogus Megapardus
November 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM

It has three. Bob Cousy remembers them. Maybe.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I'd be interested in a Top 10 Patriot League Moment List......Most of my memories are Lehigh related, so seeing the other schools big wins would be interesting

My recollection is that Colgate over FAU was No. 10 - the other 9 were all Lehigh playoff or regular-season wins :D

More seriously, I'd throw in there

Lehigh 40, Towson, 38

Lafayette beating App State (well it should have happened if that atrocious penalty on the onsides kick were waved off as it should have been)

HC 42, Lehigh 41

Lafayette 52, Lehigh 45

Colgate 28, HC 27

Best game of Dom Randolph's title season

G'town beating Lafayette (pick one)

Bucknell over Lehigh

Fordham
November 7th, 2013, 05:18 PM

I agree and would love to see everyone's list for their own schools but think it should be only playoff or OOC related as opposed to a game against another PL member, even if it was a title game.

I would throw out there Fordham's playoff win in '02 v. Northeastern and this year's Temple OOC game as our top two that I can remember.

FordhamFan
November 7th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I agree and would love to see everyone's list for their own schools but think it should be only playoff or OOC related as opposed to a game against another PL member, even if it was a title game.

I would throw out there Fordham's playoff win in '02 v. Northeastern and this year's Temple OOC game as our top two that I can remember.

I'd probably say Villanova, Temple and Lehigh from this year are all huge moments for Fordham. This whole season honestly thus far.

Southsider
November 7th, 2013, 06:18 PM

Just can't ignore it......we are doomed for another 3+ years. Things will not improve until this amatuer is out!!!!!

Franks Tanks
November 7th, 2013, 06:35 PM
My recollection is that Colgate over FAU was No. 10 - the other 9 were all Lehigh playoff or regular-season wins :D

More seriously, I'd throw in there

Lehigh 40, Towson, 38

Lafayette beating App State (well it should have happened if that atrocious penalty on the onsides kick were waved off as it should have been)

HC 42, Lehigh 41

Lafayette 52, Lehigh 45

Colgate 28, HC 27

Best game of Dom Randolph's title season

G'town beating Lafayette (pick one)

Bucknell over Lehigh

Lafayette 56-49 win over Colgate in 2009 was one of the best PL games i've ever witnessed. 2005 Lehigh was the best.

The 1988 Lafayette over Holy Cross game was also big..first PL loss for the scholarship saders

FordhamFan
November 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Do any Bucknell people know if #18 Will Carter is playing this week?

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2013, 09:36 PM

See my signature banner below.

Pard4Life
November 7th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Please, no top ten moments. It will be mainly Lafayette-Lehigh top ten moments because the PL has not fostered rivalries between the other schools, according to Sader87, or due to the bias of the Center Valley offices, according to DFW.

Didn't the PL make a list for the 25th anniversary? I'd go with Gate making the title game.

Bogus Megapardus
November 7th, 2013, 09:57 PM

Gee, thanks, LFN! And here I am referring to you guys as the "Steaming Pile."

From now on I'll try to be more . . . umm . . . Nah! xcoolx

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 12:15 AM
OK, I couldn't resist. It's a couple of weeks too soon but . . . . Lehigh girls already are getting their ink on!

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1441/mk8v.jpg

Bless 'em all.

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Line changes this week:

OLD: Princeton (-10½) at Penn o/u 57

NEW: Princeton (-13½) at Penn o/u 57

OLD: Harvard (-35) at Columbia o/u 57

NEW: Harvard (-36½) at Columbia o/u 57

OLD: Lehigh (-2) vs Holy Cross o/u 61

NEW: Lehigh (-3½) vs Holy Cross o/u 61

OLD: Lafayette (-7½) vs Colgate o/u 60

NEW: Lafayette (-8½) vs Colgate o/u 60

OLD: Dartmouth (-12) vs Cornell o/u 61

NEW: Dartmouth (-13½) vs Cornell o/u 62

Brown at Yale remains at (-4) and o/u 49. There's still No Line on Bucknell at Fordham. Favorites have been drawing the money.

Sader87
November 8th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Where in Christ's name do you find these pics Bogey??? lol

Wish I had a spare 1K lying about....would put it on the Brown giving 3.5. I'm not "down" on the Saders just feel they're going to have one of their "we'll just show up games" and end the year in a fortnight's time with a win at Fitton against the Hoyas.

ngineer
November 8th, 2013, 01:13 PM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2667/e6n7.png

...while wearing Leotards.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2013, 01:16 PM
After back-to-back 1-2 weeks (including picking a foolish Lafayette reverting to form against Georgetown), I make these picks to try to get back on track.

Lehigh 38, Holy Cross 35. Read why here. (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/11/game-breakdown-holy-cross-vs-lehigh.html)

Lafayette 28, Colgate 26. It was going to take something extraordinary to get the Leopards to actually beat Dick Biddle and the Raiders. That something extraordinary ended up being Gavin McCarney at 50%, his favorite running back and receiver being out for the year, and a nicked-up defense that was having problems during the best of times.

Fordham 31, Bucknell 24. If this were being played in Lewisburg, I would have, no doubt about it, picked the Bison to win. Instead, they'll put a mighty scare in the Rams, but fall just short, I think. One thing I know is that Bucknell will make this a game, and it will be very much in doubt in the 4th quarter.

ngineer
November 8th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Regarding PL top 10 wins, Lehigh's upset of #4 Western Illinois in the first round of the I-AA playoffs, at WIU, in 2000 was one of the all-time stunners at the time. We were like 20+point underdogs, and it was a blowout the other way,37-7.

ngineer
November 8th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Really?

Colgate (7): 1997,99,02,03,05,08,12
------------

Lehigh also was PL Champs in 1993.

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I thought Colgate won it outright in 1999? Was it a co-championship with Lehigh?

Bill
November 8th, 2013, 02:31 PM
For what it's worth, courtesy of wikipedia. I can't believe how incomplete the conference website is....very lacking in archival information:

1986 – Holy Cross
1987 – Holy Cross
1988 – Lafayette
1989 – Holy Cross
1990 – Holy Cross
1991 – Holy Cross
1992 – Lafayette
1993 – Lehigh
1994 – Lafayette

1995 – Lehigh
1996 – Bucknell
1997 – Colgate
1998 – Lehigh
1999 – Colgate and Lehigh
2000 – Lehigh
2001 – Lehigh
2002 – Colgate and Fordham
2003 – Colgate

2004 – Lafayette and Lehigh
2005 – Colgate and Lafayette
2006 – Lafayette and Lehigh
2007 – Fordham
2008 – Colgate
2009 – Holy Cross
2010 – Lehigh
2011 – Lehigh
2012 – Colgate

Go...gate
November 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Lehigh 27, Holy Cross 16

Lafayette 31, Colgate 23

Fordham 21, Bucknell 14

carney2
November 8th, 2013, 02:35 PM

Go...gate
November 8th, 2013, 02:35 PM
We do the Ivy thing in recognizing Co-Champions on records alone, but tie-breakers determine the automatic bid.

Pards Rule
November 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Regarding PL top 10 wins, Lehigh's upset of #4 Western Illinois in the first round of the I-AA playoffs, at WIU, in 2000 was one of the all-time stunners at the time. We were like 20+point underdogs, and it was a blowout the other way,37-7.

What about Northern Iowa?

ColgateTD
November 8th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Please, no top ten moments. It will be mainly Lafayette-Lehigh top ten moments because the PL has not fostered rivalries between the other schools, according to Sader87, or due to the bias of the Center Valley offices, according to DFW.

Didn't the PL make a list for the 25th anniversary? I'd go with Gate making the title game.

P4L gets it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I thought Colgate won it outright in 1999? Was it a co-championship with Lehigh?

Colgate lost Bucknell...

RichH2
November 8th, 2013, 04:19 PM
UNI was a slugfest. Tough win but believe they were 7-4. W.Ill was a 20+ favorite whom we routed. Weird but the one I remember most was JMU, we just ran outta time.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I will not forget Lehigh 40, Towson 38 any day soon. That win just gets better and sweeter with age.

Lehigh'98
November 8th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Richmond game 1998 we were big underdogs.
UMass Loss 1998, they won NC and we had 1st & goal to win game inside their 10. A loss is a loss, but this was the closest we've played a NC team.
James Madison Loss by a goal line stand in 2004
2000 Hofstra win in playoffs.
2001 Western Ill
2010 Northern Iowa
2011 Towson

5 solid playoff wins, 2 good losses (if there is such a thing)

Fordham > Northeastern 2002?
Colgate 2003 playoff run

Fordham 2013??

I think that covers the playoffs, I maybe missing a few. How about regular season OOC wins? I didn't go back to the HC glory days.

CFBfan
November 8th, 2013, 04:26 PM

thanks carney. when was the last one?

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM
thanks carney. when was the last one?

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Well well well... the Leopards go from being the Southwest Central Louisiana Mud Dogs, pre-Bobby Boucher, to being... the Little Giants. Can they take the title? It's CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK! Put that on your bulletin board and smoke it, LFN! And to further put a needle in your Brown stained shirt, I was 3-0 last week!

Lehigh 34, Holy Cross 28... This will be an excellent game. Both teams are heavily flawed and have defensive problems. But both teams are offensive machines. And, there are plenty of intangible factors at play... will McHale do well in his debut? Will Fordham recover and play motivated football after two devastating losses to Lafayette and Fordham? Lehigh may be in trouble if they have to rely more on the ground game. BUT... Lehigh does seem to pull quarterbacks out of thin air. It comes down to a team that knows how to win close games vs. a team that has found ways to win close games. I'll stick with the Brown Clowns (even though I am acutely aware of Sader87s tendency to play possum with the Saders).

Fordham 41, Bucknell 21... This game MAY be close for a half, but it won't be by the third quarter. Fordham has the depth and talent to outlast the pesky Bison. If not, it will be the upset of the year! Regardless, this is a true test of the strength of Bucknell's reputed defense and the Yams' vaunted offense.

Lafayette 45, Colgate 24... I am asking for it... Lafayette, with a chance to clinch a share of the title, has to beat Colgate. Yes, Colgate... the we-gave-up-65-points-and-are-3-10-in-Tavani-Biddle-games-and-9-wins-in-50-games Colgate. The gods must be smiling, ready to set up and one-time slapshot the Pards like a naive hockey puck. Yes, but hear me out. Lafayette rarely beats Colgate when the Raiders are good. However, when both the Raiders and Pards are equally 'bad', or Colgate is worse, Lafayette usually wins. Like 2006 and 2011. Plus, the Pards have won the last two games against Colgate at Fisher. And, the only time that Lafayette whacked Colgate was in 2006, when Colgate was banged up and lacking offensive line consistency. McCarney can't move. The OL is reportedly slow and short. And the defense gives up points by the dozen. Compounding these issues is Drew Reed, boy wonder, who shows poise as a passer. However, the star of this show will be the Lafayette defense, which will make John Loose seemingly have a clue (but we know better, Colgate disabled list). Lafayette has kept fighting in every game this season and it's finally paying dividends. This game has the potential to be a Lafayette blow-out.

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Put that on your bulletin board and smoke it, LFN!

Just a quick procedural question - if LFN swipes my earlier-posted score predictions for his own picks, but changes one prediction by just one point, is it still plagiarism?

bison137
November 8th, 2013, 05:45 PM
I can't believe how incomplete the conference website is....very lacking in archival information:

I don't think you're looking in the right place. The various record books on the PL site have an incredible amount of info for every sport, including football. Much more than many conferences.

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 06:03 PM
I don't think you're looking in the right place. The football record book on the PL site has an incredible amount of info for every sport, including football. Much more than many conferences.

Very detailed and very complete:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/patr/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/2013PLFBRecordBook.pdf

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Just a quick procedural question - if LFN swipes my earlier-posted score predictions for his own picks, but changes one prediction by just one point, is it still plagiarism?

Rand Paul is ok with it...

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 06:38 PM

Yeah, but did the Distinguished Gentleman from Tennessee make his PL picks yet? Game day is fast approaching . . . .

EDIT - Isn't Drew Reed one of Sen. Paul's constituents? He should be on the Pard bandwagon by now.

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Yeah, but did the Distinguished Gentleman from Tennessee make his PL picks yet? Game day is fast approaching . . . .

EDIT - Isn't Drew Reed one of Sen. Paul's constituents? He should be on the Pard bandwagon by now.

Indeed. Lafayette is the best program in Tennessee!

Bogus Megapardus
November 8th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Indeed. Lafayette is the best program in Tennessee!

http://www.lafayettetn.com/images/seal2468.JPG

Bill
November 8th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Very detailed and very complete:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/patr/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/2013PLFBRecordBook.pdf

Guys - thanks, and you're right. I claim browser issue. At work, my pulldown menu ends at "Broadcast Schedule" - now that I'm at home, there are another 7 choices!!!

Uggh

Vooter
November 8th, 2013, 09:47 PM

Wow...thanks for that...I was always under the impression that the daughter he had when he was 73 was far younger than her siblings, and that only one of her children grew to old (as in 1988 old) age...I guess not!

ngineer
November 8th, 2013, 10:21 PM

yes, another nice upset, but not as 'stunning' as the WIU game. WIU was a legitimate NC contender that year with some future NFL players. UNI, while favored, was not as highly ranked and their QB was hurting. Towson and Richmond wins were also great, but in the context of the "league history" not sure how they fall.

ngineer
November 8th, 2013, 10:24 PM

Ask Rand Paul.

Sader87
November 8th, 2013, 11:04 PM
My Top 11 moments in PL football history:

1987: 11-0-0

Coach:

Mark Duffner

Patriot League Champions

W/L

Date

PF

Opponent

PA

Notes

W

09-12-1987

Army (NY)

West Point, NY

W

09-19-1987

Lafayette (PA)

Worcester, MA

W

09-26-1987

Lehigh (PA)

Bethlehem, PA

W

10-03-1987

Colgate (NY)

Worcester, MA

W

10-10-1987

Dartmouth (NH)

Hanover, NH

W

10-17-1987

Bucknell (PA)

Lewisburg, PA

W

10-24-1987

Brown (RI)

Worcester, MA

W

10-31-1987

Massachusetts

Amherst, MA

W

11-07-1987

Harvard (MA)

Worcester, MA

W

11-14-1987

William & Mary (VA)

Worcester, MA

W

11-19-1987

Villanova (PA)

Villanova, PA

Season Totals

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2013, 11:47 PM

I'm perfectly OK with Mr. Paul being on the Lafayette bandwagon. In fact, I got a copy of the halftime speech he gave the troops last week vs. Georgetown. Maybe that's why they came out and played so well.

"I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years -- None of you ever knew George Gipp. It was long before your time. But you know what a tradition he was at Notre Dame... And the last thing he said to me -- "Rock," he said - "sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper..."

Fordham
November 9th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Ask Rand Paul.

hilarious given that I'm sure you saw someone else posted that earlier and lifted it for your own use. seriously, good stuff.

Fordhamanhattan
November 9th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Now that Comrade deBlasio has taken over the provisional IRA has reformed. Another Fordham man Hank Borowy pitcher for the rams the Bronx club and the Cubs.

CrusaderBob
November 9th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross (Crusaders seem to play much better on the road)

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Comrade deBlasio

I have grave concern for New York City. I don't think people really know what they've gotten themselves into. It's not a joke or idle name-calling; deBlasio actually is a communist - not a socialist, but a communist - by his own admission.

carney2
November 9th, 2013, 08:19 AM
We've been nit-picking political crap all week, so even this correction is in order:

Rand Paul is the junior senator from Kentucky, not Tennessee.

Not that it matters, and not that anyone can tell the difference between Kentucky and Tennessee.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 08:35 AM
We've been nit-picking political crap all week, so even this correction is in order:

Rand Paul is the junior senator from Kentucky, not Tennessee.

Not that it matters, and not that anyone can tell the difference between Kentucky and Tennessee.

Gee, you're right - does that mean that Drew Reed is gonna have a good day? He's still from Tennessee, isn't he?

In my northeastern biased mind, it all morphs into Alabama anyhow. Does Tennessee even have senators?

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 08:42 AM
I always thought Elvis also was from Tennessee. Turns out he wasn't, either. So much for my vaunted Lafayette edge-ee-cay-shun.

Tennakuckalbamippi, USA.

Pards Rule
November 9th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Gee, you're right - does that mean that Drew Reed is gonna have a good day? He's still from Tennessee, isn't he?

In my northeastern biased mind, it all morphs into Alabama anyhow. Does Tennessee even have senators?

Indeed Drew Reed is represented by former Governor and Secretary of Education and past GOP presidential candidate Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker who used to be mayor of Chattanooga (oh, the irony!! a twist on Herb Morrison - even more irony: I was on Lakehurst AFB yesterday and right at the scene of the Hindenburg burning. Would be ironic IF the NC was still at Chatty). Corker beat Harold Ford, Jr to win the seat which was open when Sen. Bill Frist announced he wouldn't seek re-election. I KNOW Tennessee! Been through that state from one end to the other literally. Reed for Governor! Bill Haslam, current TN governor (and former mayor of Knoxville) should help his brother run Pilot/Flying J Fuel Stops as they have a billing scandal right now. Haslam family owns the chain.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I KNOW Tennessee! Been through that state from one end to the other literally.

So I just abandoned my deeply-held principles and I looked at Google Maps to figure out where Tennessee is, and if it's still there. It turns out that Mississippi is less than 150 miles from Illinois (going through Tennessee and Kentucky, both of which continue to exist).

So my question is this - is northern Mississippi more like southern Illinois, or is southern Illinois more like northern Mississippi? Such apparent incongruity. Doesn't one of those conferences that I know nothing about - like the Ohio Valley or something - come from there? They ought to know this.

RichH2
November 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM
or for that matter like northwestern Tenn or southwestern Kenyucky.If that's Pards biggest issue,Gate s/b a cupcake

Pards Rule
November 9th, 2013, 09:43 AM
or for that matter like northwestern Tenn or southwestern Kenyucky.If that's Pards biggest issue,Gate s/b a cupcake

Paul Simon (the congressman not the singer) was the best rep of southern Illinois.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM

Wait - maybe Kentucky is in Tennessee . . .

http://soberingconclusion.com/movies/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Idiocracy.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM

Meh. Up at Colgate they can't even find Canada. No worries.

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 10:31 AM

Too much thinking required at this point. I'm just going to treat Illinois and Mississippi as pretty much the same place from now on.

I don't think they'll notice.

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I got a speeding ticket years ago in Johnson City, TN, between my "Bahstin" accent and the Tennessee state trooper's drawl, we nearly needed an interpreter to get through the process of him giving me the ticket (which of course he did xblehx)

Bogus Megapardus
November 9th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Getting near early game times. GO CRUSADERS!!!!!

carney2
November 9th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Getting near early game times. GO CRUSADERS!!!!!

I don't ususally go anti-Squawks but one week per year, but today I'd love to see them get their feathers singed.

Sader87
November 9th, 2013, 12:15 PM
7-7 after 1 at Goodman

van
November 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I don't ususally go anti-Squawks but one week per year, but today I'd love to see them get their feathers singed.

Sorry to disappoint you Carney.

Southsider
November 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM

Boo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo

ngineer
November 10th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Feathers singed? How about some puddytats admiring their reflections in the Bourger looking glass while the 'gate swung by them? (;-).