PDA

View Full Version : 30 years since Chattanooga won in Boone

chattanoogamocs
November 2nd, 2013, 06:10 PM
I don't care how bad their record is, ASU is still ASU and the Rock is a hell of a place to try and get a win.

Chattanooga hasn't won there since nineteen eighty fricking three!

Very exciting game, great for the Mocs to get a win.

I am only sad that because of the animosity that chattown has created on this board, everyone will bad mouth the Mocs, instead of giving them at least a little attaboy for breaking their 14 game losing streak in Boone...not to mention the Mocs being in first place with only two games remaining.

No matter...there are a lot of Moc fans out that will be raising a glass tonight. These moments have come very infrequently in the last 20 years.

citdog
November 2nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
there are a lot of Moc fans .

there are?

barely 8,000 showed for your last home game.

chattownmocs
November 2nd, 2013, 06:22 PM
Nobody made these idiots write off this team and say so many inflammatory things. Don't blame me. You are free to say whatever you want.

Saint3333
November 2nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
P
I don't care how bad their record is, ASU is still ASU and the Rock is a hell of a place to try and get a win.

Chattanooga hasn't won there since nineteen eighty fricking three!

Very exciting game, great for the Mocs to get a win.

I am only sad that because of the animosity that chattown has created on this board, everyone will bad mouth the Mocs, instead of giving them at least a little attaboy for breaking their 14 game losing streak in Boone...not to mention the Mocs being in first place with only two games remaining.

No matter...there are a lot of Moc fans out that will be raising a glass tonight. These moments have come very infrequently in the last 20 years.

Go check the laughing thread, I stated UTC played the most complete game vs App other than the two drops, in the last 10 years at a minimum. In the driver seat now with a banged up Samford team going down today.

congrats to classy and true moc fan.

citdog
November 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
with a banged up Samford team going down today.

The Citadel beat them up today. Quit making excuses for them. We won.

chattanoogamocs
November 2nd, 2013, 06:32 PM
P

Go check the laughing thread, I stated UTC played the most complete game vs App other than the two drops, in the last 10 years at a minimum. In the driver seat now with a banged up Samford team going down today.

congrats to classy and true moc fan.

Thanks Saint.

Sorry, I try to stay away from that thread as much as humanly possible.

PaladinFan
November 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
30 years since UTC won in Boone.

I think it has been since 1996 that Furman beat both App State and GSU in a regular season.

Lot of long time numbers dropping away.

chattanoogamocs
November 2nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
there are?

barely 8,000 showed for your last home game.

Quality over quantity? That's all I got. :)

Small in numbers maybe, but I know they are all celebrating somewhere tonight...I am on my way out the door right now! I will drink one to the Citadel tonight too, thanks for knocking off them fauxdogs from Homewood today.

longtimemocfan
November 2nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
I attended the first game in Boone between these 2 schools as a kid back in 1977. A 14-7 win. I believe the App State coach at the time was Jim Brakefield. Have made several trips to Boone and still say it has one of prettiest landscapes to play a college football game anywhere. Will miss the very many classy fans I met there and at Finley when you played for your 3 national title games. Good luck with your transition to The Sun Belt.xthumbsupx

Mountaineer
November 2nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
I attended the first game in Boone between these 2 schools as a kid back in 1977.

That's awesome. xthumbsupx Congrats on the win today, and good luck the rest of the season. I'll be pulling for the SoCon in the playoffs.

chattanoogamocs
November 2nd, 2013, 07:07 PM
I attended the first game in Boone between these 2 schools as a kid back in 1977. A 14-7 win. I believe the App State coach at the time was Jim Brakefield. Have made several trips to Boone and still say it has one of prettiest landscapes to play a college football game anywhere. Will miss the very many classy fans I met there and at Finley when you played for your 3 national title games. Good luck with your transition to The Sun Belt.xthumbsupx

I second everything longtimemocfan said.

kdinva
November 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
congrats to the mocs, regardless of how ASU's season is going.......a tough place to win if you are wearing the white jerseys (even VMI pulled out a gutty win in '94).

NoDak 4 Ever
November 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
That's awesome. xthumbsupx Congrats on the win today, and good luck the rest of the season. I'll be pulling for the SoCon in the playoffs.

You won't for long. xlolx

dgtw
November 2nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
Nobody made these idiots write off this team and say so many inflammatory things. Don't blame me. You are free to say whatever you want.

And you could have been there with a free ticket but turned it down.

ChattTown Mountaineer
November 2nd, 2013, 10:07 PM
I've been dreading this day all season. I've got lots of friends who will say "hey" with ear to ear grins tomorrow. As much as I love the SoCon, a bittersweet farewell season for ASU has tasted mostly bitter. But I am pretty happy to see the Mocs doing well after several seasons of "almost." Go SoCon!

it has been a long time since I posted around here. Just poking around to see what the boards thoughts are on App's struggles this season. Recommended thread?

Mr. C
November 3rd, 2013, 07:30 AM
congrats to the mocs, regardless of how ASU's season is going.......a tough place to win if you are wearing the white jerseys (even VMI pulled out a gutty win in '94).
Biggest upset in SoCon history. An 0-10 team knocked the Mountaineers — a team that nearly reached the national semifinals — out of the SoCon auto bid. That was a stunning game, VMI coach Bill Stewart broke down and cried in the visitor's locker room when we were the last two people in there after the game. Thomas Haskins had one of the greatest performances I've ever seen a player turn in.

blueballs
November 3rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Biggest upset in SoCon history. An 0-10 team knocked the Mountaineers — a team that nearly reached the national semifinals — out of the SoCon auto bid. That was a stunning game, VMI coach Bill Stewart broke down and cried in the visitor's locker room when we were the last two people in there after the game. Thomas Haskins had one of the greatest performances I've ever seen a player turn in.

Folks kinda forget- if they ever realized- how good Haskins was. One of the best ever in the division...

AppMan
November 3rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Congrats to the Moc's. Your kids made the plays when it counted, ours didn't. Plain and simple. App is a shell of its former self. That's not to take anything away from UTC or anyone else. It is what it is. Your staff has worked hard and do the things necessary to get better. Our former staff didn't and we are reaping the benefits from it.
Tough way to exit the SoCon for App. Everyone - except Elon xlolx - is cashing in on their opportunity to exorcise some demons.

AppMan
November 3rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Folks kinda forget- if they ever realized- how good Haskins was. One of the best ever in the division...

He could have very well ended up at App. He was a teammate with Coakley at Fork Union and wanted to come to App, but we were stocked at RB. Haskins had 225 yards that day and his 50 yarder down the sideline in front of the ASU bench to set up their winning FG was breathtaking.

To show how things have changed since 1994. That was one of our better teams in the 90's with Dexter Coakley, Damon Scott, Scott Satterfield and Chip Hooks. Going into that VMI game App was 8-2 with a 2 point loss to Wake Forest and a 3 point loss to Ga Southern. We had beaten #1 Marshall a few weeks earlier and were going for the conference auto bid. It was an appsolutely beautiful day and barely 10,000 people showed up. Almost 20 years later we are in the midst of our worst season since going 2-9 36 years ago. Yesterday was a cold, windy and at times wet - even saw a few snow flakes - day. Although our string of games over capacity (50) came to an end, right at 19,000 showed up for the game.

citdog
November 5th, 2013, 03:16 PM

Thomas Haskins whipped The Citadel by himself a couple of times. HELL of a player.

SpeedkingATL
November 5th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately the UTC game I'll always remember the best was the game App lost at Chatty in 2004. There was a touchdown scored about every 2 minutes in that game and that air raid siren would go off after every Moc score and drive you crazy. Unfortunately there couldn't have been over 3K in the stadium to witness that one. App started 2 freshmen cornerbacks that got burned over and over but then played big parts in the 3 NC's the next three years.

I'll continue to pull for the SoCon in the playoffs since I've been following the conference since 1973.

chattanoogamocs
November 5th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately the UTC game I'll always remember the best was the game App lost at Chatty in 2004. There was a touchdown scored about every 2 minutes in that game and that air raid siren would go off after every Moc score and drive you crazy. Unfortunately there couldn't have been over 3K in the stadium to witness that one. App started 2 freshmen cornerbacks that got burned over and over but then played big parts in the 3 NC's the next three years.

I'll continue to pull for the SoCon in the playoffs since I've been following the conference since 1973.

I was one of the few souls there in person for that game...it was like watching arena league football.

Mocs123
November 5th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I was in Boone two years ago when we lost 14-12 and I was there this year for the win. I am always impressed by the pre-game atmosphere and the student section in Boone. Though the crowd this year was a far cry from two years ago, that was still a lot of people to see a 2-6 team on a cool, windy, and wet Saturday afternoon. I am always amazed that almost all of your fans wore App State gear and I don't think I saw a single piece of ACC/SEC gear, which is more than I can say for fans in Chattanooga. This year aside, I admit that I am envious of the success on the field and the amount of fan support you have. I hope that with a few years of success we can do the same in Chattanooga.

Good luck in the Sun Belt and as much as I hate to admit it, We will miss you in the SoCon.

chattownmocs
November 5th, 2013, 04:52 PM
I was in Boone two years ago when we lost 14-12 and I was there this year for the win. I am always impressed by the pre-game atmosphere and the student section in Boone. Though the crowd this year was a far cry from two years ago, that was still a lot of people to see a 2-6 team on a cool, windy, and wet Saturday afternoon. I am always amazed that almost all of your fans wore App State gear and I don't think I saw a single piece of ACC/SEC gear, which is more than I can say for fans in Chattanooga. This year aside, I admit that I am envious of the success on the field and the amount of fan support you have. I hope that with a few years of success we can do the same in Chattanooga.

Good luck in the Sun Belt and as much as I hate to admit it, We will miss you in the SoCon.

As much as App State will try to downplay it, they were a lot better football team on Saturday then they were 2 years ago in that game.

GAGA
November 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Man you guys are gracious losers

Skjellyfetti
November 5th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Yeah, Chattown gives y'all a bad rep, but every other Chatty fan I've met or interacted with have all been awesome people.

Saint3333
November 5th, 2013, 08:19 PM
As much as App State will try to downplay it, they were a lot better football team on Saturday then they were 2 years ago in that game.

You didn't attend either game, your posts regarding the game are null and void. Good day.

SoCon2013
November 5th, 2013, 10:49 PM

As far as moving up...it's not about Wins & Losses. Unfortunately it is about market share. e.g. UNC-C getting chosen for the CUSA without ever playing a down of football. It's ludicrous.

citdog
November 6th, 2013, 12:12 AM
As far as moving up...it's not about Wins & Losses. Unfortunately it is about market share. e.g. UNC-C getting chosen for the CUSA without ever playing a down of football. It's ludicrous.

I have said it many times before. This is a HUGE mistake for appy st. You are doomed to football obscurity.

pike51
November 6th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I have said it many times before. This is a HUGE mistake for appy st. You are doomed to football obscurity.

I love FCS football but the truth is, nobody outside of FCS football knows it exists. 99% of the football world thinks it's Division 2.

AppChicago
November 6th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I love FCS football but the truth is, nobody outside of FCS football knows it exists. 99% of the football world thinks it's Division 2.

That's the hard thing. We may be doomed to football obscurity in the Sun Belt... but we've toiled in relative football obscurity in the SoCon with just a few brief moments of wider recognition. But hell, if you get reductionist enough about it, only the members of 4 or 5 conferences AREN'T obscure to much of the football-watching population, and even then the recognition is largely regional and reserved for the top teams. I'd say that the football exploits of Kansas, Duke, Colorado, etc. are pretty foggy to most, despite their presence in major conferences.

I have loved our run in the SoCon, but let's not pretend we're leaving Eden. We're stepping from an obscure division to an obscure conference.

citdog
November 6th, 2013, 09:54 AM

that's not true at all. you have a SEVERE case of schmeckle envy of the little dogs from athens and the yellow coats from atlanta.

also georgia state.

catamount man
November 6th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Chattanooga, before Sat, 1983 last win in Boone. WCU's last win in Boone was 1984. Hmm....getting interesting. GO CATS!

longtimemocfan
November 6th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, Chattown gives y'all a bad rep, but every other Chatty fan I've met or interacted with have all been awesome people.

Thanks for being able to put that in perspective. :)

longtimemocfan
November 6th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I was one of the few souls there in person for that game...it was like watching arena league football.

I was among those few fans there myself. I think their was close to 1300 yards of offense that day. Video game numbers.

ASUMountaineer
November 6th, 2013, 11:50 AM

And I xlolx every time you say it.

citdog
November 6th, 2013, 12:07 PM
And I xlolx every time you say it.

you are no longer winning at the FCS level. you have a Coach who is in WAY over his head and yet you think you'll do better in the fbs in name only league. WHY?

ASUMountaineer
November 6th, 2013, 12:11 PM
you are no longer winning at the FCS level. you have a Coach who is in WAY over his head and yet you think you'll do better in the fbs in name only league. WHY?

I do? When did I say that, Citpup?

I'm not sure you know what the word "obscure" means...

citdog
November 6th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I do? When did I say that, Citpup?

I'm not sure you know what the word "obscure" means...

obscure- see appy st football program 2014 forward.

with the 163 guys y'all have redshirted, all americans and 9 star recruits every one, who you didn't want to 'waste' in what you thought would be a 10-1 campaign I am surprised!

Saint3333
November 6th, 2013, 12:26 PM

According to you the Sun Belt isn't a step up from the SoCon, why would it be difficult. Can't have it both ways.

citdog
November 6th, 2013, 12:27 PM
According to you the Sun Belt isn't a step up from the SoCon, why would it be difficult. Can't have it both ways.

it isn't but you will have a couple of more games every year like the one you have this Saturday.

Apphole
November 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM
you will have a couple of more games every year like the one you have this Saturday.
Ones that are on TV?

Saint3333
November 6th, 2013, 01:57 PM
it isn't but you will have a couple of more games every year like the one you have this Saturday.

Actually we'll likely have one payday like uga, an FCS home game and then home and homes with two MAC/CUSA programs. We should get news to confirm this later this month if not next week.

walliver
November 6th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Actually we'll likely have one payday like uga, an FCS home game and then home and homes with two MAC/CUSA programs. We should get news to confirm this later this month if not next week.

My feeling was that most SBC schools played 2 BCS games every year. Maybe the ACC and SEC are booked for the next few years.

AppChicago
November 6th, 2013, 03:21 PM
My feeling was that most SBC schools played 2 BCS games every year. Maybe the ACC and SEC are booked for the next few years.

Those are mostly home games he's talking about. I don't see us hosting SEC or ACC teams anytime soon, but we'll play them.

Saint3333
November 6th, 2013, 04:18 PM

They are trying to get away from that model based upon this years meeting. We'd like to play 1 and and done a year, one FCS, and then 1 G5 program at home and away each year with every 3rd or 4th year a BCS home opponent.

BisonFan02
November 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Watched a little bit of Tuesday night MAC football last night (Ohio @ Buffalo). Both teams blow and the stands were empty. Where do I sign up!?!?! :D

SoCon2013
November 7th, 2013, 08:05 AM

Campbell is already the home FCS game isn't it?

Saint3333
November 7th, 2013, 08:09 AM
For 2014 expect two FCS home games, the above was for 2015 and beyond.

CID1990
November 7th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Ones that are on TV?

LOL TV

Look ma! We're on TEEEEE VEEEEEEEEEEEE!

The only way you get more than 75K viewers is if you play an ACC or SEC team, and then it will be the Doormat of the Week game. Nobody except fans of the schools themselves tune in to see LA Lafayette and Troy play each other.

Call it what it is- positioning for any potential upheavals in D1 football- possibly positioning for a better conference move- both are legitimate moves and I agree with ASU on those-

But please stop with the TV angle. Not credible at all.

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 7th, 2013, 08:48 AM
the move for App/GS isn't ideal, but, given the choices, it makes alot more sense than playing in a division, that could someday be eliminated and teams moved down to division 2. Personally, I think in terms of administrative financial support, financial support from the fans, and just people actually showing up for the games, most FCS schools are already playing at a division 2 level. Whats disturbing about most FCS football programs, and the main reason App/GS had to leave, was there is no concrete future plans to improve their programs by the schools, they are either unwilling or unable to raise the funding to try and improve the quality of their product. What I have seen in watching FCS for the past 30 years, that most schools do not see the benefits of putting in alot of new money into the programs, and that if they have a choice of spending 30 million dollars to overhaul their programs or move down to division 2, they would give serious consideration to moving down.

chattanoogamocs
November 7th, 2013, 11:01 AM
the move for App/GS isn't ideal, but, given the choices, it makes alot more sense than playing in a division, that could someday be eliminated and teams moved down to division 2. Personally, I think in terms of administrative financial support, financial support from the fans, and just people actually showing up for the games, most FCS schools are already playing at a division 2 level. Whats disturbing about most FCS football programs, and the main reason App/GS had to leave, was there is no concrete future plans to improve their programs by the schools, they are either unwilling or unable to raise the funding to try and improve the quality of their product. What I have seen in watching FCS for the past 30 years, that most schools do not see the benefits of putting in alot of new money into the programs, and that if they have a choice of spending 30 million dollars to overhaul their programs or move down to division 2, they would give serious consideration to moving down.

In general, I disagree with your statement...you are using too large a brush to paint your picture of FCS. Not all schools think the way you claim. I know Chattanooga doesn't.

And the odds are more likely that your school (and the Sun Belt) will get lumped back in with FCS programs as a division than FCS dropping into DII...particularly now that the lower tier of FBS has been further diluted.

All that being said, I have no issue with ASU and GSU wanting to chase their dreams...and I wish them the best of luck.

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM
obscure- see appy st football program 2014 forward.

with the 163 guys y'all have redshirted, all americans and 9 star recruits every one, who you didn't want to 'waste' in what you thought would be a 10-1 campaign I am surprised!

I did? When did I predict that?

App will be no more obscure in 2014 than they were in every year outside of 2007. But, I am glad that you're so concerned about another school's potential "obscurity" moving forward.

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Watched a little bit of Tuesday night MAC football last night (Ohio @ Buffalo). Both teams blow and the stands were empty. Where do I sign up!?!?! :D

In Spartanburg, with the SoCon. Ask for Big Johnny I, he'll take care of you. (this is a fun game)

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
LOL TV

The only way you get more than 75K viewers is if you play an ACC or SEC team, and then it will be the Doormat of the Week game. Nobody except fans of the schools themselves tune in to see LA Lafayette and Troy play each other.

Call it what it is- positioning for any potential upheavals in D1 football- possibly positioning for a better conference move- both are legitimate moves and I agree with ASU on those-

That's what I've always said. TV revenue was never going to be substantial enough, even in CUSA long-term. The idea was that App State would be better positioned in FBS than FCS moving forward.

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM
After reading your statement, I agree I wasn't be specific enough. let me try and clarify. 1. most programs are not going to spend in excess of 30 million to make the necessary improvements they need. 2. they are not going to significantly increase their yearly athletic budgets, and 3. probably most important, they have not drafted a comprehensive future plan giving the direction, goals, etc. they want the program to be at in 3, 5 10 years. I think a lot of programs, I believe atleast 70%, basically are just trying to break even, year, after year, after year, and just don't see the importance of trying to grow the program. App is a great example of this, 85- 2001 we had a administration that put very little money in the program and had zero ambition to grow the product, hell, in 2001 we didn't even have the funding to buy new jerseys, enter Peacock/Cobb and they changed everything. I disagree with your statement about the Sun Belt getting lumped back in with FCS programs. I think the exact opposite will happen, Jim Delaney, the commissioner of the Big Ten, and maybe the most evil, most destructive person in collage football, has hinted in the last few months, that where ever the BCS schools end up, he is going to take the mid majors with him, and leave everyone else behind. What that means, I don't know, Im almost afraid what that means for my school, because this guy, in my opinion cannot be trusted if your a midmajor. Almost feel, we are making a deal with the devil, probably make a lot more money, more stability, but we become the "bitches" to the BCS schools, and we will do whatever the hell they tell us to do, and we will do it with a smile.

pike51
November 7th, 2013, 11:42 AM
that's not true at all. you have a SEVERE case of schmeckle envy of the little dogs from athens and the yellow coats from atlanta.

also georgia state.

Afraid you are wrong and refuse to remove the blinders. Go anywhere and ask random people what level of football Citadel, Western Carolina, Hofstra, Furman, Wofford, Presby play at and I guarantee you most of the responses from non-FCS fans will be Division 2. Even Adam Sandler called App State division 2 in the movie The Longest Yard. That's just the way it is and it's not going to change. Hell, the brother of the GSU team physician (who is a physician himself at my facility) still thinks GSU is division 2 and he will argue until he is blue in the face.

It's not about envy, it's about reality. Make no mistake, we are more than aware that moving to the SBC does not put us on an even field with UGA or GT. But at least we won't be mistaken for "some slack division 2 team."

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Afraid you are wrong and refuse to remove the blinders. Go anywhere and ask random people what level of football Citadel, Western Carolina, Hofstra, Furman, Wofford, Presby play at and I guarantee you most of the responses from non-FCS fans will be Division 2. Even Adam Sandler called App State division 2 in the movie The Longest Yard. That's just the way it is and it's not going to change. Hell, the brother of the GSU team physician (who is a physician himself at my facility) still thinks GSU is division 2 and he will argue until he is blue in the face.

It's not about envy, it's about reality. Make no mistake, we are more than aware that moving to the SBC does not put us on an even field with UGA or GT. But at least we won't be mistaken for "some slack division 2 team."

I doubt that was/is the goal. Citdog is just pushing buttons, there's no way he can honestly believe that Davidson football is less obscure than Arkansas State. There's just no way...

ThompsonThe
November 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Doesn't really matter, App State will have good and bad years just like anyone. Only time will tell. Am going to miss the FCS interaction and many of the fans, but life goes on.
Congrats to Chattanooga on their season. Lord knows you guys have paid your dues in close losses over the years.
Will always root for the SoCon. Over forty years in a conference you have to have many feelings for it.
Just glad we never, ever have to play Elon again, but even a lot of that was Lembo, and hope we do not schedule Ball State and see him again.

chattanoogamocs
November 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM

My only argument is that the same people that don't realize GSU isn't DII, probably couldn't name four teams in the Sun Belt...so you are just as obscure. People are stupid either way...you think if you said Illinois State or Northern Illinois, that a general fan would know which one is FBS and which is FCS?

The real lesson here is...who give a **** what other people think (especially one's with little obvious knowledge)...you'll drive yourself crazy trying to educate those people, because it is never going to happen. The sad reality is, if someone is a BCS fan, (most of them) that is all they know.

Like I said though, I am ambivalent, truly I am...I have no problem with ASU and GSU moving up. It doesn't hurt my feelings or pride. If anything, I am happy about it because there have always been so many fans of those two programs that seemed so incredibly unhappy in the SoCon, I am glad they are now happy and we don't have to listen to all the complaining and all the insults of being in the "SmallCon", etc, etc.

chattanoogamocs
November 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Doesn't really matter, App State will have good and bad years just like anyone. Only time will tell. Am going to miss the FCS interaction and many of the fans, but life goes on.
Congrats to Chattanooga on their season. Lord knows you guys have paid your dues in close losses over the years.
Will always root for the SoCon. Over forty years in a conference you have to have many feelings for it.
Just glad we never, ever have to play Elon again, but even a lot of that was Lembo, and hope we do not schedule Ball State and see him again.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Lembo won't be at Ball State much longer...I am sure his agent is already updating his resume. :)

I watched some of that game last night (because the Mocs are playing at CMU next year)...it was sad...national ranked team, 9-1 overall...and they had less than 10,000 (and the number of actual bodies in the stands was much lower...trust me, I know...I was in the stands at Finley during the Rodney Allison administration) OUCH.

citdog
November 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM

a lot of schools have "improved the quality of their product" they're now WHIPPING YOUR ASS

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 12:18 PM
My only argument is that the same people that don't realize GSU isn't DII, probably couldn't name four teams in the Sun Belt...so you are just as obscure. People are stupid either way...you think if you said Illinois State or Northern Illinois, that a general fan would know which one is FBS and which is FCS?

The real lesson here is...who give a **** what other people think (especially one's with little obvious knowledge)...you'll drive yourself crazy trying to educate those people, because it is never going to happen. The sad reality is, if someone is a BCS fan, (most of them) that is all they know.

Like I said though, I am ambivalent, truly I am...I have no problem with ASU and GSU moving up. It doesn't hurt my feelings or pride. If anything, I am happy about it because there have always been so many fans of those two programs that seemed so incredibly unhappy in the SoCon, I am glad they are now happy and we don't have to listen to all the complaining and all the insults of being in the "SmallCon", etc, etc.

Just note that it was not intended as an insult by everyone that used that term. For myself, it was out of a frustration that the conference didn't seem to want to improve it's lot and an ambivalence towards making moves like the CAA did. To me, it represented the mentality in the SoCon HQ. I never have or will wish ill will on the SoCon, and I was one of the last converts to the FBS idea, but not only do I think it's the right decision, I think it was a necessary move.

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 12:19 PM
a lot of schools have "improved the quality of their product" they're now WHIPPING YOUR ASS

I hope you're using lotion, because otherwise you must be chafing something awful.

citdog
November 7th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I hope you're using lotion, because otherwise you must be chafing something awful.

yosef is the one who has been bent over the last two seasons

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 12:21 PM
yosef is the one who has been bent over the last two seasons

xlolx SoCon Champs last season.

Who's arguing that App is not a good team this season? You're just trolling, but it's funny.

AshevilleApp2
November 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Man you guys are gracious losers

Lots of practice this year. xsmhx

texcap
November 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM

Let's face it, no matter how semantically you slice it, for football FCS is Division 2, and potentially Division 3.

I love FCS, but to the average fan you have to look at it in this way: Division 1 is the top college football, think Alabama, UT, USC, LSU, etc. If you are not in the same division as those guys, in the average fan's eye, you ARE NOT in Division 1. So, if you play at the level below the above mentioned Division I schools you must be in Division 2. (I say possibly Division 3, because many casual fans see a difference in the MTSU, Ball State's, Central Michigan's, North Texas of college football as Division 2, which would then push FCS down another level.) The NCAA can call it whatever they want but casual fans just look at it in a relative term.

You can have a building that has a "Mezzanine" between floors 1 and 2. Do you have to change levels to get to the mezzanine? Yes; therefore it is the second level up, regardless of what you want to call it.

Apphole
November 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM
LOL TV

Not credible? What's not credible is a small group of people that are in such denial that they would spin having games televised as a negative thing. What a joke.

You're delusional.

is it July 1, 2014 yet? Obscurity is very close to being in our rear view mirror.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgHyEbMQ-OE

Apphole
November 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
xlolx SoCon Champs last season.

Who's arguing that App is not a good team this season? You're just trolling, but it's funny.

And if losing by a field goal in OT is being bent over than I'd hate to hear what kind of brutal anal rape picture would be painted for Appalachian historic domination of citadel. It would turn my stomach.

citdog
November 7th, 2013, 01:43 PM
And if losing by a field goal in OT is being bent over than I'd hate to hear what kind of brutal anal rape picture would be painted for Appalachian historic domination of citadel. It would turn my stomach.

MY how quickly we forget! This should jog your memory......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YLUVDPFbQ

Professor Chaos
November 7th, 2013, 01:47 PM

Ask those same fans what division Arkansas State, Troy, or South Alabama is from. That's a hollow argument for moving up if there ever has been one. If moving up is best for the university and it's alumni/fans that should be reasons 1 and 1a on why to do it. Why should App St and GSU care if Joe Blow from Albuquerque knows whether they're D1 or D3? It is true that moving up eliminates the glass ceiling restricting you from some day being recognizable football entities to college football fans nationwide but there's a lot more that needs to happen after moving up for that to become anything near reality. It's not going to happen just because you're in the Sun Belt instead of the SOCON.

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Ask those same fans what division Arkansas State, Troy, or South Alabama is from. That's a hollow argument for moving up if there ever has been one. If moving up is best for the university and it's alumni/fans that should be reasons 1 and 1a on why to do it. Why should App St and GSU care if Joe Blow from Albuquerque knows whether they're D1 or D3? It is true that moving up eliminates the glass ceiling restricting you from some day being recognizable football entities to college football fans nationwide but there's a lot more that needs to happen after moving up for that to become anything near reality. It's not going to happen just because you're in the Sun Belt instead of the SOCON.

True story, but the opportunities are more attainable in the Sun Belt than the SoCon. This "debate" (it's not really a debate, it's been settled...App State is moving) is ridiculous, especially when it's being had by those with no skin in the game. I don't understand citdog's obsession with App State, but his constant posting of obscurity rings hollow given where App (and Citadel) currently sit. There's nothing wrong with being in the SoCon, especially when it's a good fit for the school. App State feels that it would be more beneficial to be in the Sun Belt, so be it. I don't get the constant wringing of hands that continues to go on by non-App State fans...

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM
MY how quickly we forget! This should jog your memory......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YLUVDPFbQ

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

citdog
November 7th, 2013, 02:57 PM
True story, but the opportunities are more attainable in the Sun Belt than the SoCon. This "debate" (it's not really a debate, it's been settled...App State is moving) is ridiculous, especially when it's being had by those with no skin in the game. I don't understand citdog's obsession with App State, but his constant posting of obscurity rings hollow given where App (and Citadel) currently sit. There's nothing wrong with being in the SoCon, especially when it's a good fit for the school. App State feels that it would be more beneficial to be in the Sun Belt, so be it. I don't get the constant wringing of hands that continues to go on by non-App State fans...

we REACHED when we took you. we LOST GOOD schools when we took you. you were ELATED to be invited. yet you INSULT us when you leave. you should be GRATEFUL for what you were able to build yourselves up to and be GRACIOUS in your departure.

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 03:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgHyEbMQ-OE

I mean, the 4th quarter dance is absolutely ridiculous, but I don't see what point you're trying to get across.

ASUMountaineer
November 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM
we REACHED when we took you. we LOST GOOD schools when we took you. you were ELATED to be invited. yet you INSULT us when you leave. you should be GRATEFUL for what you were able to build yourselves up to and be GRACIOUS in your departure.

Where did I insult the SoCon? You really need to understand how to use pronouns...it's really not that difficult.

Our Chancellor, AD, and BOT have been nothing but upfront and respectful to the SoCon throughout the entire process. Our leadership/administration has been gracious and shown gratitude to the conference. So, I'm not sure what fairy tale you're living in.

As we all know, you like to live in the past (except when it pertains to Citadel football), of course we were "elated" to be invited. Forty years (or two score) ago, moving to the SoCon was a great move for App State. Today, the Chancellor, AD, and BOT feel that moving to the Sun Belt is a great move for App State. Why do you care so much?

BTW, I'd say that the SoCon's ROI on App State has been beneficial.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Where did I insult the SoCon? You really need to understand how to use pronouns...it's really not that difficult.

Our Chancellor, AD, and BOT have been nothing but upfront and respectful to the SoCon throughout the entire process. Our leadership/administration has been gracious and shown gratitude to the conference. So, I'm not sure what fairy tale you're living in.

As we all know, you like to live in the past (except when it pertains to Citadel football), of course we were "elated" to be invited. Forty years (or two score) ago, moving to the SoCon was a great move for App State. Today, the Chancellor, AD, and BOT feel that moving to the Sun Belt is a great move for App State. Why do you care so much?

BTW, I'd say that the SoCon's ROI on App State has been beneficial.

He's just mad that VMI is coming in to dirty up the conference thanks to your leaving.

citdog
November 7th, 2013, 04:10 PM
He's just mad that VMI is coming in to dirty up the conference thanks to your leaving.

quite to the contrary. i am ELATED to have the keydets back in our league.

Skjellyfetti
November 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM
we REACHED when we took you. you were ELATED to be invited. yet you INSULT us when you leave. you should be GRATEFUL for what you were able to build yourselves up to and be GRACIOUS in your departure.

Said Abraham Lincoln upon the secession of South Carolina from the United States of America.

citdog
November 7th, 2013, 04:50 PM

Said Abraham Lincoln upon the secession of South Carolina from the United States of America.

not even close. we CREATED the 'late united States'. bore yankee insult and insolence for decades, and withdrew our consent. BIG difference.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I mean, the 4th quarter dance is absolutely ridiculous, but I don't see what point you're trying to get across.

More of a jab at Apphole for leaving "obscurity" behind. MAC and Sunbelt football is what exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oQ2ZN9_Po

ROW...ROW...ROW

Apphole
November 7th, 2013, 07:18 PM

**** the SoCon.

Apphole
November 7th, 2013, 07:20 PM
More of a jab at Apphole for leaving "obscurity" behind. MAC and Sunbelt football is what exactly?

ROW...ROW...ROW
Looks hella better than WCU @ Lil Sammy.

citdog
November 7th, 2013, 07:39 PM

ROW...ROW...ROW

Gotta go to Dback for a ruling.......

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/017/d/e/Gay_guys_hugging_by_toniquedeween.png

D1A
November 7th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Nice jab fun boy

PhillyApp1
November 8th, 2013, 07:09 AM

ROW...ROW...ROW

Have you been to a game at Wofford, Furman, Chatt, Samford?
It looks that way on a Saturday, NOT during the week when its harder to attend.

APP likes Socon fans for the most part, Its the SOCON admin that is so UGLY.....PBS?? Really ???

Just let APP move on and we will enjoy FCS football and hopefully APP will entertain you either for the good or bad.

Ask most APP fans about joining the CAA and most would have voted for it. Its about Socon ADMIN !!

CID1990
November 8th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Not credible?

You're delusional.

OK Seantaylor.

CID1990
November 8th, 2013, 07:31 AM
FREEZE RIGHT THERE Cletus!! I think we got the Troy-ASU game! Now don't move!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/be4u4ynu.jpg

Apphole
November 8th, 2013, 07:39 AM
OK Seantaylor.

If you can look yourself in the mirror and sincerely tell yourself that the SoCon is less obscure than any FBS conference or that having more games on television is bad for a program, you're just as wacko as chattownmocs, albeit not quite as abrasive.

CID1990
November 8th, 2013, 07:45 AM
If you can look yourself in the mirror and sincerely tell yourself that the SoCon is less obscure than any FBS conference or that having more games on television is bad for a program, you're just as wacko as chattownmocs, albeit not quite as abrasive.

I'm not validated by millions of people having the option of tuning in to watch my school play ball. Mainly because they wouldn't tune in even given the option. The same will be true for ASU.

How many Marshall games do you watch every season?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/ybu6ese5.jpg

Apphole
November 8th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I'm not validated by millions of people having the option of tuning in to watch my school play ball. Mainly because they wouldn't tune in even given the option. The same will be true for ASU.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/ybu6ese5.jpg

Don't trip on anything as you back peddle. xlolx
First you denied the tangible benefits of the move. Now you're explaining why they wouldn't be important to you.

In addition to better accessibility and more money thanks to TV, playing FBS teams at home (all of whom are more interesting to me and most App fans than any SoCon team not named Georgia Southern) makes it a nobrainer.

The SoCon is a nice league. It just isn't the place to be for a program that hopes to advance itself.

ASUMountaineer
November 8th, 2013, 08:25 AM

xlolx or scared...

http://www.postandcourier.com/storyimage/CP/20111029/PC20/310299938/AR/0/AR-310299938.jpg&maxw=640&q=100

ASUMountaineer
November 8th, 2013, 08:26 AM

ROW...ROW...ROW

No more obscure than SoCon football, right? Again, I don't get the posting of WMU...

ASUMountaineer
November 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
FREEZE RIGHT THERE Cletus!! I think we got the Troy-ASU game! Now don't move!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/be4u4ynu.jpg

That's a cute picture. Here's one for the big Citadel/Mercer game:

http://www.fasthorseinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/car_radio.jpg

ASUMountaineer
November 8th, 2013, 08:34 AM

I'm not validated by that either, but I do think it can be beneficial for the school. Do you contend that App having nationally-televised games will offer no benefit or potentially harm the school? I'm not sure that's a rational argument. As I've said before, App's leadership did what it thought was in the best interest of the school...why do you guys care so much?

CID1990
November 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I'm not validated by that either, but I do think it can be beneficial for the school. Do you contend that App having nationally-televised games will offer no benefit or potentially harm the school? I'm not sure that's a rational argument. As I've said before, App's leadership did what it thought was in the best interest of the school...why do you guys care so much?

I know you aren't. And I think there would have to be some benefits. But others have made it the pont a feu of ASU's move to FBS. It is a negligible benefit at best.

And I don't really care that much. I just like tweaking you guys' Seantaylors. I obviously hit a nerve.

CID1990
November 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Don't trip on anything as you back peddle. xlolx
First you denied the tangible benefits of the move. Now you're explaining why they wouldn't be important to you.

In addition to better accessibility and more money thanks to TV, playing FBS teams at home (all of whom are more interesting to me and most App fans than any SoCon team not named Georgia Southern) makes it a nobrainer.

The SoCon is a nice league. It just isn't the place to be for a program that hopes to advance itself.

Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired, boy.

CID1990
November 8th, 2013, 12:02 PM
That's a cute picture. Here's one for the big Citadel/Mercer game:

http://www.fasthorseinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/car_radio.jpg

Admit it, you LOL'ed.

CID1990
November 8th, 2013, 12:03 PM
xlolx or scared...

http://www.postandcourier.com/storyimage/CP/20111029/PC20/310299938/AR/0/AR-310299938.jpg&maxw=640&q=100

I think it was recently discovered that this "female" actually had a privy member longer than anyone else at VMI.

ASUMountaineer
November 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I know you aren't. And I think there would have to be some benefits. But others have made it the pont a feu of ASU's move to FBS. It is a negligible benefit at best.

And I don't really care that much. I just like tweaking you guys' Seantaylors. I obviously hit a nerve.

I know, but I don't pay him much any mind. I just can't resist trying to inject some reasonableness into the thread. Plus, getting Citdog riled up is always enjoyable.

ASUMountaineer
November 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Admit it, you LOL'ed.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vOZ3nCWqWEs/UEE6GrkEjeI/AAAAAAAAA4E/uu5IdEL2LCo/s1600/einstein-duh.jpg

ASUMountaineer
November 8th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I think it was recently discovered that this "female" actually had a privy member longer than anyone else at VMI.

So, citdog was busy doing extensive "detective" work when he had his "hiatus" earlier this year. He's relentless, especially when he wants to be privy to a member.

dbackjon
November 8th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Gotta go to Dback for a ruling.......

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/017/d/e/Gay_guys_hugging_by_toniquedeween.png

That pretty much sums it up. Gayer than Grizalltheway's Christmas Present for Grizo.

Gayer than Fordham's Acapella Group.

Gayer than the App State-Ga Southern Deliverance Games

DoWe
November 8th, 2013, 06:10 PM
This started out as a worthy thread.

Congrats to the MOCS for your win!

Mountaineer
November 8th, 2013, 11:32 PM
xlolx or scared...

Time for an update. xlolx

http://thenosebleeds.nextimpulsemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2013-11-08-17_57_04.gif

http://thenosebleeds.nextimpulsemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2013-11-08-17_58_09.gif

xlolx

chattanoogamocs
November 8th, 2013, 11:36 PM

http://thenosebleeds.nextimpulsemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2013-11-08-17_57_04.gif

http://thenosebleeds.nextimpulsemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2013-11-08-17_58_09.gif

xlolx

Next year, this will be a conference game.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 12:00 AM

xlolx

CLEARLY a charging foul.

citdog
November 9th, 2013, 12:14 AM
So, citdog was busy doing extensive "detective" work when he had his "hiatus" earlier this year. He's relentless, especially when he wants to be privy to a member.

yeah I get into the thrill of the chase a bit more than mountaineers do......

http://celebsview.info/wp-content/uploads/1533557385_502d479752.jpg

ASUMountaineer
November 9th, 2013, 06:56 AM
yeah I get into the thrill of the chase a bit more than mountaineers do......

http://celebsview.info/wp-content/uploads/1533557385_502d479752.jpg

You're really off your game. Not sure why you chose a movie based in GA. I guess you've got "Pig's Ass" on your mind. Sad, citdog...you used to be better than this.

ASUMountaineer
November 9th, 2013, 06:57 AM
CLEARLY a charging foul.

Negative. Looked more like a Dook flop.

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2013, 07:07 AM
You're really off your game. Not sure why you chose a movie based in GA. I guess you've got "Pig's Ass" on your mind. Sad, citdog...you used to be better than this.

But he now lives in Monta-a-a-a-na...he may have switched over to "Sheep's Ass".

ASUMountaineer
November 9th, 2013, 03:44 PM
But he now lives in Monta-a-a-a-na...he may have switched over to "Sheep's Ass".

xlolx