PDA

View Full Version : FAMU Fires Head Coach

RockyMtnGriz
June 14th, 2005, 03:44 PM
What's next?

Head Coach Fired (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2085181)

89Hen
June 14th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Sad to see them lose a good coach, but they really need to wipe the slate clean and get back on the right track. Lots of great tradition of FAMU, I hope they can get it together.

Mr. C
June 14th, 2005, 05:48 PM
FAMU strikes again. What utterly stupid timing. To think that they actually expect to find another coach this close to the season. I wouldn't want to get near that job and expect that most smart coaches wouldn't either. I smell a scapegoat once again. You kind of knew they were looking for a reason to cut ties with Billy Joe. I thought he was a great coach, one of the most innovative in I-AA.

blukeys
June 15th, 2005, 12:45 AM
http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=70742

...Coach Billy Joe served as head football coach at Florida A&M for 11 seasons (1994-2004), compiling an 86-46-0 record, with one Black College National title in 1998, four Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference titles (1995, 1996, 2000*, 2001*) and seven postseason appearances between 1995 and 2001. ...
Billie Joe was also a great fullback, who actually ran the ball, in the old AFL.

I agree Ralph. When they stripped Billy of much of his authority the writing was on the wall. This reminds me of the screwing Delaware State did to Ben Blacknell. Administration makes dumb decisions and then fires the coach so a "new start" can begin. These guys definitely deserved better. I've met Ben and he was a total class act. The new Delstate coach is a good guy too Let's hope he and the new FAMU coach gets treated better.

Libertine
June 15th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Some things that jumped out at me from the article:

--- "There's going to be an array of mixed emotions," interim athletic director E. Newton Jackson said."

Just curious. How many ADs has FAMU gone through in the last 5 years? I think it's got to be at least 4.

--- "The university doesn't plan to appoint an interim coach, but rather conduct a search for a new head man."

Just delaying the inevitable. Anyone they would hire at this point would be getting in way over their head. I wonder if Kevin Faulkner, who just left coaching after only 5 months at Cheyney, would be interested.

--- "What's next? I'm scared to think of it," said FAMU Board of Trustees member Barney Bishop.

And you should be.

I don't really know the first thing about Billy Joe, but I'm inclined to respect anyone who's able to put up with this kind of crap for so long. It may be only fitting that FAMU starts next year off vs. Del St.

ChickenMan
June 15th, 2005, 08:47 AM
I met Billy Joe when he was playing in the old AFL. He was a class act then... as I'm sure he is now and Joe certainly deserved much better than to be scapegoated by the sorry administration at Florida A&M.

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 15th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I'm tired of this sympathy for Billy Joe. He is a crook. He always has been. Yes, he is a good coach, but he is crooked. He, his cronies, the last administration (appointed by old Jeb Bush, I should point out), have all conspired in their incompetence to sully the reputation of a great institution of higher learning. Dr. Humphries took FAMU from being a regionally respected university to being globally respected. FAMU was Time magazine's inaugural college of the year in 1997. For several years, FAMU had more Black merit scholars than any other university in the nation, and they have produced a Rhodes scholar, a HUGE accomplishment for a land grant, primarily ag and tech school. However, since Dr. Humphries left in 2001, the only thing we have heard about FAMU (in the national news) is the incompetnce of the STATE APPOINTED administration and all of their blunders. They should be ashamed for casting such aspersions on a great university. I hope Billy Joe, J.R.E. Lee, and the other incompetents stay FAR AWAY from FAMU and all HBCUs from now on. Their destructive presence is neither wanted, nor needed.
Good post. Billy Joe does not deserve praise. Dude had issues. He would send blank films during film exchanges and send the correct tape the day before the game. He did that several times to Southern and thats one of the reasons him and Pete Richardson didn't get along. He also has done the same thing to Grambling.

Venom
June 15th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I'm a product of Coach Rudy Hubbard and the National Championship team, but Billy Joe was one of my favorite coaches. I wish him much success in whatever he decides to do. I'm more concerned about the players at this point. No players in the country have experienced what they have these past 2 years.

Mr. C
June 15th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Funny that the posts from HBCU posters are the negative ones to Billy Joe. I have dealt with Joe on a professional level and found him to be great to work with, a delightful man and a very innovative coach. There were a lot of screw ups at FAMU. Ken Riley, another good guy, had already been fired by these idiots at FAMU. Those whose dealt with Joe and Riley when they were at Appalachian State for a playoff game in 1999 were impressed with the way they handled things. And I know that Riley was also well respected in his job on the I-AA playoff committee. I haven't seen any PROOF that Joe or Riley were to blame for the Rattlers' massive problems. I think it was more the fault of the president and Lee, Riley's replacement as AD, the compliance department, etc. that created all of this chaos. It's not like Joe was pulling L.C. Coles' type of stunts. Just like what happened at Nicholls State last fall, it's easy to blame the coach when others are to blame for the mess. I still think Joe is a scape goat.

P.S. I have a Billy Joe AFL football card from his days with the Denver Broncos.

BBB
June 15th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I met Billy Joe when he was playing in the old AFL. He was a class act then.

But he isn't now. The Billy Joe I kno RAN UP THE SCORE on alot of people.

When he was at Central State he brought in all types of hooligans who beat up on anybody that played them. Keep in mind that NAIA doesn't have the same recruiting rules that we have at 1-AA. One game he called a timeout just to be able to score again. THE SWAC refused to play his Central State teams.

At FAMU he rubbed it in on anybody he could.

Sorry this man is no class act.

BBB
June 15th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Funny that the posts from HBCU posters are the negative ones to Billy Joe. I have dealt with Joe on a professional level and found him to be great to work with, a delightful man and a very innovative coach. There were a lot of screw ups at FAMU. Ken Riley, another good guy, had already been fired by these idiots at FAMU. Those whose dealt with Joe and Riley when they were at Appalachian State for a playoff game in 1999 were impressed with the way they handled things. And I know that Riley was also well respected in his job on the I-AA playoff committee. I haven't seen any PROOF that Joe or Riley were to blame for the Rattlers' massive problems. I think it was more the fault of the president and Lee, Riley's replacement as AD, the compliance department, etc. that created all of this chaos. It's not like Joe was pulling L.C. Coles' type of stunts. Just like what happened at Nicholls State last fall, it's easy to blame the coach when others are to blame for the mess. I still think Joe is a scape goat.

P.S. I have a Billy Joe AFL football card from his days with the Denver Broncos.

Well, I've already explained why he's not a very classy guy.

I haven't seen any PROOF that Joe or Riley were to blame for the Rattlers' massive problems. I think it was more the fault of the president and Lee, Riley's replacement as AD, the compliance department, etc. that created all of this chaos.

You're exactly right, he was basically a scapegoat.

bluedog
June 15th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Funny that the posts from HBCU posters are the negative ones to Billy Joe.

There isn't anything funny about it at all, it's the truth. Billy Joe was a plum @ss hole when it came to dealing with other coaches and he pulls that stunt with game tapes all the time.

Think about it. How professional could he have really been to allow all those Ncaa violations on his watch? Not before he was hire but while he was actually there.

blueballs
June 15th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I'm tired of this sympathy for Billy Joe. He is a crook. He always has been. Yes, he is a good coach, but he is crooked. He, his cronies, the last administration (appointed by old Jeb Bush, I should point out), have all conspired in their incompetence to sully the reputation of a great institution of higher learning. Dr. Humphries took FAMU from being a regionally respected university to being globally respected. FAMU was Time magazine's inaugural college of the year in 1997. For several years, FAMU had more Black merit scholars than any other university in the nation, and they have produced a Rhodes scholar, a HUGE accomplishment for a land grant, primarily ag and tech school. However, since Dr. Humphries left in 2001, the only thing we have heard about FAMU (in the national news) is the incompetnce of the STATE APPOINTED administration and all of their blunders. They should be ashamed for casting such aspersions on a great university. I hope Billy Joe, J.R.E. Lee, and the other incompetents stay FAR AWAY from FAMU and all HBCUs from now on. Their destructive presence is neither wanted, nor needed.

The new FAMU law school last week had to can their head man over mismanagement of funds, dude was making $195k/year and couldn't manage his fiduciary responsibility to the school. Shame... :(

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 15th, 2005, 05:14 PM
But he isn't now. The Billy Joe I kno RAN UP THE SCORE on alot of people.

When he was at Central State he brought in all types of hooligans who beat up on anybody that played them. Keep in mind that NAIA doesn't have the same recruiting rules that we have at 1-AA. One game he called a timeout just to be able to score again. THE SWAC refused to play his Central State teams.

At FAMU he rubbed it in on anybody he could.

Sorry this man is no class act.Famu beat Southern in the 90's(forget the year) 65-24. Southern was ranked high in the polls and undefeated. Billy Joe was heard by SU radio announcers cussing and fussing in the pressbox because he wanted to throw a bomb with 10 seconds and his on field coaches downed the ball. For those who didn't know Billy Joe sat in the pressbox not on the field. He never sent Southern or Grambling game tape.

89Hen
June 15th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Do any other fans besides SWAC team fans know when their coaches receive game films? Seems as though SWAC fans are privvy to inside stuff. :cool:

bluedog
June 15th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Do any other fans besides SWAC team fans know when their coaches receive game films? Seems as though SWAC fans are privvy to inside stuff. :cool:

Dude you guys coach don't speak at your booster clubs and keep you up to date with stuff like that? :confused:

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 15th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Do any other fans besides SWAC team fans know when their coaches receive game films? Seems as though SWAC fans are privvy to inside stuff. :cool:It was a big publicized episode between SU and Famu. It was on tv and in the news papers with both schools presidents getting involved. Famu president promised it would never happen again. The next year guess what no game film. I think this is one of the reasons they ended the series(which is a shame). The other reason Famu sold SU fans around 10,000 tickets one year and only 1,000 of those fans were allowed in the stadium. This is the stuff rivialrys are made of. To say Famu and SU fans dislike each other is an understatement.

bluedog
June 15th, 2005, 05:48 PM
I think it’s a healthy disrespect for each other since the Billy Joe era.

:lmao:

89Hen
June 15th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Famu sold SU fans around 10,000 tickets one year and only 1,000 of those fans were allowed in the stadium.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

bluedog
June 15th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Hey bobcatfan06 notice something? :D

FAMU dumps football coach

Florida A&M mysteriously dismisses Billy Joe after 11 seasons and has begun a search for a replacement.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sptfamu15061505jun15,0,4560989.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

By Jeff Darlington | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted June 15, 2005

Further fueling the rampant controversies within its athletic program, Florida A&M fired longtime football coach Billy Joe on Tuesday, vaguely citing NCAA violations as the reason for his dismissal.

The school has already begun a national coaching search to replace Joe, who ends an 11-year stint at FAMU with an 86-46 record. Joe has spent the past 31 seasons as a head coach, compiling a record of 237-108-4 that made him the winningest active coach in Division I-AA football.

Offensive line coach Greg Black and running backs coach Mario Allen also will be terminated for related reasons at the end of their contracts, which end June 30.

"It's a shock to us that it happened at this time," said FAMU defensive coordinator Charles Huff, who remained uncertain of his own future. "It caught us all off guard."

Coaches weren't the only ones surprised by Joe's dismissal Tuesday. FAMU Trustee Barney Bishop was irate about the lack of communication leading up to the firing.

Bishop, among other members of the governing board of trustees, didn't find out about the news until the school sent out an afternoon new release. Bishop criticized interim university president Castell Bryant, who recently has fired several other university employees in other departments.

"I'm just wondering what shoe falls next," Bishop said. "It looks like this president is hell-bent on firing everybody. She's purposely keeping the board of trustees in the dark. I learn more from newspaper stories than I get from her.

"I want answers. I want justifications. And I want it now."

Bishop doesn't expect to get any information anytime soon. He said Bryant has not given the board reasons for Joe's firing.

Bryant could not be reached for comment.

"We truly regret having to make this move today," interim athletic director Newton Jackson said in a statement. "Coach Joe and his staff have given many years of quality service to the football program and the university.

"However, rules compliance must be paramount in any program, and given the fact that we are under intense NCAA scrutiny at this time, we felt it necessary to address any program concerns in an expeditious manner to protect the integrity of the institution and the athletic program."

While it remains unclear what role Joe played in the NCAA rules violations, the football program has had its share of recent problems.

FAMU's most-publicized failure occurred when the school attempted to move from Division I-AA to Division I-A. The decision was criticized amid poor finances, eventually causing the school to back off the move.

Then, during an investigation into the program, 196 NCAA rules violations were discovered as a result of compliance issues dealing with academic eligibility. Bishop said he has been told that the number of violations has since escalated -- possibly surpassing more than 300.

Most of the problems, which Bishop called "non-malicious," stemmed from the compliance department's poor record keeping and a lack of knowledge of NCAA compliance rules. The person responsible for the problems no longer is part of the program and hasn't been for several years, Bishop said.

Bishop said the firing of Joe might be justifiable, but he added that the decision shouldn't have been made without consulting the trustees.

"Despite asking for a copy of the [NCAA] report, she told me she would give it to us when she was ready to give it to us," Bishop said. "That kind of arrogance is why this person shouldn't even be the interim president. She just doesn't have the demeanor."

Joe earned $135,000 annually, and he had two years remaining on his contract. The school must now move fast to find a replacement, as players will report for next season within two months. FAMU opens its season Sept. 3 against Delaware State.

"[The timing] makes it tough," Huff said. "We thought we were getting ready to have a pretty good year.

"It's all about the players. We thought we were on the right track."

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 15th, 2005, 10:51 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Whats that suppose to mean. Ask any Famu or SU fan about the incident.

Retro
June 15th, 2005, 11:11 PM
With 300 possible violations, there is likely more than one person to blame, but plenty to go around.. Lack of institutional control seems to pop into my head for one thing and i would not be surprised to see FAMU get the death penalty if all this is investigated to be accurate by the NCAA.. Not knowing compliance rules is no excuse for an established athletic program. They've got some serious problems in tallahassee!

bluedog
June 15th, 2005, 11:26 PM
With 300 possible violations, there is likely more than one person to blame, but plenty to go around.. Lack of institutional control seems to pop into my head for one thing and i would not be surprised to see FAMU get the death penalty if all this is investigated to be accurate by the NCAA.. Not knowing compliance rules is no excuse for an established athletic program. They've got some serious problems in tallahassee!

Ok who's giving an excuse in this case?

NoCoDanny
June 16th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Billie Joe was also a great fullback, who actually ran the ball, in the old AFL.

It's amazing that he also had time to be the lead singer in Green Day.

http://www.musiconphoto.com/UD_050601_1/GreenDay_95_BillyJoeArmstrong_01C.jpg

Catmendue2
June 16th, 2005, 10:23 AM
It was a big publicized episode between SU and Famu. It was on tv and in the news papers with both schools presidents getting involved. Famu president promised it would never happen again. The next year guess what no game film. I think this is one of the reasons they ended the series(which is a shame). The other reason Famu sold SU fans around 10,000 tickets one year and only 1,000 of those fans were allowed in the stadium. This is the stuff rivialrys are made of. To say Famu and SU fans dislike each other is an understatement.

He is a crook, just ask the folks in Wilberforce, Ohio.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 16th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Following FAMU over the past 2 years is right out of the daytime soaps.

In 2004 they were tagged with 196 violations regarding certifying student-athletes, which caused them to forfeit 2 MEAC titles in football. They caused problems in their classic game with B-CC. They also voted down a move to I-A at the eleventh hour.

This article is a real eye-opener at the scope of the rot:

FAMU Works to Fix Internal Woes (http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGB8KIKEG9E.html)

Financial statements on file with the federal Department of Education as part of the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act show FAMU's athletic department operated at a $3.24 million deficit during the 2003-04 school year.

After depleting cash reserves to cover some of the debt, FAMU athletics carried a $700,000 deficit into the current fiscal year.

This was a team wanting to go to I-A?

Documents obtained by the Tribune show that the NCAA has been on FAMU's campus at least six times since Assistant Director of Enforcement Jeffrey Higgins visited Sept. 3, 2002, to inquire about issues ranging from player eligibility to a check drawn on the FAMU Foundation's bank account and made payable to a student-athlete in 2001.

On Aug. 11, 2003, NCAA agents visited campus to conduct an audit on the academic eligibility of the entire 2003 FAMU football team, resulting in the disqualification of six players - at least two of whom were later reinstated - and the discovery that six players had already played while ineligible.

In its self-report of violations to the NCAA, dated May 14, 2004, FAMU states that its eligibility certification process for athletes was ``substandard,'' that it lacked adequate record keeping and had an ``antiquated'' computer system.

The outside audit, performed by Collegiate Proactive Solutions, Inc., additionally noted that student-athletes were not being given academic advisement consistent with their stated majors, and that the university's academic advisement center was not considering NCAA regulations when dealing with athletes.

``A lot of the issues that resulted in these violations had to do with our compliance office being understaffed. Basically, we didn't have one,'' said Alvin Hollins, assistant athletic director for media relations.

This was a team wanting to move to I-A?

Having said all that, it doesn't sound like any of this is a campaign by the football coach to violate NCAA rules. Looks like posters are right - the coach is more of a scapegoat. Coach may not have made many freinds in the MEAC through the years, but the violations appear to be unrelated.

Kill'em
June 16th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I hope this doesn't hurt FAMU too much. I've had nothing but great experiences with their fans and I wish them the best.

Umass74
June 16th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I'm with Killem. FAMU is a fun part of I-AA. Great band and good football.

Wish they would get their act together :(

BBB
June 16th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Following FAMU over the past 2 years is right out of the daytime soaps.

In 2004 they were tagged with 196 violations regarding certifying student-athletes, which caused them to forfeit 2 MEAC titles in football. They caused problems in their classic game with B-CC. .

Oh let's not forget a few "unsportsmanlike" brawls with Howard and NC A&T

Retro
June 16th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Ok who's giving an excuse in this case?

Ok, Slowly go back and read the article and then read my reply?

I Said:
Not knowing compliance rules is no excuse for an established athletic program

The article said:
Most of the problems, which Bishop called "non-malicious," stemmed from the compliance department's poor record keeping and a lack of knowledge of NCAA compliance rules.

blackcaesar3k5
June 16th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Howard Bison, Hampton Pirates and Southern Jaguars are angry with Joe, beacue he ran up the score on them.. Heck, I would be whinning too if that had happen to my alma mater. Most of the teams with Medicore Athletic Eastern Conference was somewhat envious of the success of the Rattlers and Coach Billy Joe..

On other hand, Coach Billy Joe never violated NAIA guidelines at Central State. All of that crap happen under the watchful eye of both Coach Rick Comegy and Jack Bush. There are several whinners within Marauder Family that was upset with Joe. Because he want upgrade the facilities and Mcpherson Stadium..

I think Bisons fans are upset about 1991 ass whipping they got from Central State and Coach Joe.. Let's not forget that Steve Wilson also ran crooked program at Howard University. And Joe Taylor hands isn't clean either.. Just ask the good people at Virigina Union..

Finally, It would be fitting to see if Coach Billy Joe wind up being next head football coach at either Savannah State or better yet Jackson State. He definitely would be happy beat likes of Pete Richardson again...

God Bless the Marauders...

bluedog
June 17th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Howard Bison, Hampton Pirates and Southern Jaguars are angry with Joe, beacue he ran up the score on them.. Heck, I would be whinning too if that had happen to my alma mater. Most of the teams with Medicore Athletic Eastern Conference was somewhat envious of the success of the Rattlers and Coach Billy Joe..

On other hand, Coach Billy Joe never violated NAIA guidelines at Central State. All of that crap happen under the watchful eye of both Coach Rick Comegy and Jack Bush. There are several whinners within Marauder Family that was upset with Joe. Because he want upgrade the facilities and Mcpherson Stadium..

I think Bisons fans are upset about 1991 ass whomping they got from Central State and Coach Joe.. Let's not forget that Steve Wilson also ran crooked program at Howard University. And Joe Taylor hands isn't clean either.. Just ask the good of Richmond, Va..

Finally, It would be fitting to see if Coach Billy Joe wind up being next head football coach at either Savannah State or better yet Jackson State. He definitely would be happy better likes of Pete Richardson once again...

Hey Einstein the school has over 300 Ncaa violations. That means he's a cheat :bang: D@mn!!

bluedog
June 17th, 2005, 12:33 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2087914

School 'cutting scholarships in virtually every sport'Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida A&M will report "well over 200" violations by the athletic department to the NCAA and recommend scholarship cuts in every sport after a nearly three-year internal investigation.

The announcement Thursday comes just days after football coach Billy Joe was fired for purported recruiting and eligibility violations. The school's findings were forwarded to the NCAA earlier this week, with a list of recommended restrictions, sports information director Alvin Hollins said.

"We're cutting scholarships in virtually every sport. At least one will be cut in every sport, some will have more than one cut," Hollins told The Associated Press. "Some sports will definitely have some restrictions in recruiting. We're also making some severe cuts in our operating budget."

The NCAA is still in the midst of its own investigation of Florida A&M, and a ruling on the infractions and any restrictions is expected this fall.

Among the violations announced by the school in a release Thursday were: Ineligible athletes allowed to compete, improper conduct of coaches concerning a change of grade, recruiting violations and violations of practice time rules.

"We could be looking at multiple years of probation," said Hollins, who added that the school may be forced to refund money from NCAA basketball tournament appearances.[/N]

The investigation was the continuation of the one that showed 196 NCAA rules violations throughout Florida A&M's athletics program and led to the school stripping itself of 11 conference titles, including two in football.

Hollins said that was the midpoint of the school's investigation, and the school feels that the number of violations is now "well over 200."

"Compliance and academic support, our failure to upgrade those areas, led to a lot of the problems we have had. ... We just didn't have the [B]proper institutional control," Hollins said.

Joe was one of the school's most successful coaches.

"I think in his case this was a direct result of recruiting violations, exceeding practice times ... violations of NCAA rules were definitely the dynamic in moving Coach Joe," Hollins said. "We held him accountable for the program. You can't afford to look like you're just slapping people on the wrists."

The football program has had a series of problems, beginning when it made an ill-advised attempt to jump to Division I-A. The move was aborted and the school will return to the I-AA Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference this season.

"The timing probably couldn't be any worse," Hollins said.

Financially, athletic programs are struggling and the department budget was cut 20 percent last year.

More cuts are probably likely, Hollins said.

[b]"We were at least $3 million over budget last year, and based on the income projection it's not looking like we're going to balance the budget," he said.

blackcaesar3k5
June 17th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Are Southern Kittens still bitiching about how Coach Joe and his team kick Pete ass..

1994 FAMU 16 Sou 14

1997 FAMU 33 Sou 3

1998 FAMU 50 Sou 48

1999 FAMU 65 Sou 18

2000 FAMU 50 Sou 49

By the way, any coach can win SWAC Championship. Also will the kittens ever play more tougher schedule. Because it seems to that Southern loves playing likes of Lincoln, Miles and Texas College.

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 17th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Are Southern Kittens still bitiching about how Coach Joe and his team kick Pete ass..

1994 FAMU 16 Sou 14

1997 FAMU 33 Sou 3

1998 FAMU 50 Sou 48

1999 FAMU 65 Sou 18

2000 FAMU 50 Sou 49

By the way, any coach can win SWAC Championship. Also will the kittens ever play more tougher schedule. Because it seems to that Southern loves playing likes of Lincoln, Miles and Texas College.
It seems to me you guys cheated so all that is null and void. What about the other years that you fail to post.

BBB
June 17th, 2005, 10:50 AM

I think Bisons fans are upset about 1991 ass whipping they got from Central State and Coach Joe.. Let's not forget that Steve Wilson also ran crooked program at Howard University. And Joe Taylor hands isn't clean either.. Just ask the good people at Virigina Union..

Finally, It would be fitting to see if Coach Billy Joe wind up being next head football coach at either Savannah State or better yet Jackson State. He definitely would be happy beat likes of Pete Richardson again...

NOT YOU AGAIN. :bang:

In respect to the 91 game. You know, Billy Joe knows, every HBCU know that ya boy was running a shady program. I'm willing to bet half of those guys could dream of being eligible at a 1-AA program. But we won't dig up and DIRT that went on at Central.

Billy Joe NEVER ran up the score on Howard. You got us confused with Norfolk State. We've lost some real tough ones to FAMU so it's safe to say we've met the Rattlers eye to eye.

Let's not forget that Steve Wilson also ran crooked program at Howard University.

Howard Football never had to give back any awards/money/or trophies. So comparing Howard's problem to FAMU LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL is STOOPID at best.Also it should be noted that Bison football was never at risk of losing scholarships. You're talking about our Basketball programs.

But Billy Joe knows who is daddy is.

Ray Petty, Jr.

bluedog
June 17th, 2005, 08:45 PM
It seems to me you guys cheated so all that is null and void. What about the other years that you fail to post.

It's amazing how these rookies are so quick to brag with pride about being a cheat. Maybe he doesn't realize what it means when your conference erase all cheated wins from the books and takes away all titles during that period and make you pay back all monies earn from cheating.

Let be help him figure it out. Ok this is kinda what your schedule will look like in the Ncaa record books.

2000-2003

W-0 L-30*

*Denotes forfeits

blackcaesar3k5
June 17th, 2005, 10:10 PM
BBB, you must have forgotten about

1991 Central State 49 howard 16

1994 FAMU 29 HOWARD 2

1995 famu 29 hu 18

1998 famU 69 HU 40

2000 famu 43 hu 0

2001 famu 53 HU 20

HOWARD KNOWS WHO IS DADDY IS.

William " Billy" Joe

BBB
June 20th, 2005, 08:06 AM
BBB, you must have forgotten about

1991 Central State 49 howard 16

1994 FAMU 29 HOWARD 2

1995 famu 29 hu 18

1998 famU 69 HU 40

2000 famu 43 hu 0

2001 famu 53 HU 20

HOWARD KNOWS WHO IS DADDY IS.

William " Billy" Joe

So Howard Stop playing FAMU in 2001?

It's WIDELY known that Central State team wouldn't even be ELIGIBLE playing 1-AA

97-the Phantom touchdown game where a Rattler reciever was given a td when he was pushed out at the 5 yard line.

98. Ted White threw for over 500 yards.

2000-01. We knew he was cheating. Those are HOWARD VICTORIES. (as well as 99)

Look I'm sure Billy Joe's wife thinks otherwise but trust me. It's not big enough for you to RIDE too.

wkuhillhound
June 20th, 2005, 01:56 PM
It's amazing how these rookies are so quick to brag with pride about being a cheat. Maybe he doesn't realize what it means when your conference erase all cheated wins from the books and takes away all titles during that period and make you pay back all monies earn from cheating.

Let be help him figure it out. Ok this is kinda what your schedule will look like in the Ncaa record books.

2000-2003

W-0 L-30*

*Denotes forfeits

At least Western Kentucky didn't lose to FAMU in the playoffs in 2000, or does it even exist in this case. :confused:

blackcaesar3k5
June 20th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Nov 27, 2001,

Howard violated ncaa bylaws govering recruiting, extra benefits, academic fraud, academic eligbilty, extra benefits, ethical conduct and lack of a institutional control.. All this happen under the watch of Coach Steve Wilson and Dr. Patrick Hewggart.

blackcaesar3k5
June 20th, 2005, 07:32 PM
It seems to me that Howard need to worrying about themselves, instead of worrying about FAMU, CSU AND Coach William Joe. I'm shocked to see little HU from Hampton, Va, to be agreeging with the elitists of Washington D.C.. Then again, when was the last time Howard ever won either national title or conference championship. Because I know for fact that Southern won SBN Black national title back in 1993 and Jackson State won the SBN National title in 1996. Yeah, I know Howard don't have the tradition of winning championship like Southern, FAMU, Grambling, Tennessee State, Tuskegee and beloved Central State.

Hampton has somewhat establish themselves into championship porgram since the arrival of Joe Taylor back in the early 1990's. I remember how my cousin Vince Buck and his teammates at CSU laid the smackdown on Hampton back in 1987. I got give Taylor some props for putting on map nationally in Division II and 1-aa level. He won two national titles at HU.

However, I have plenty respect for what Coach Taylor is doing at Howard. And how he took chance on Marcus Dixon. Everybody deserve second chance and I hope he can keep Dixon away from them white chicks in Virgina..

I agree that Gainous and Lee ruined the intergity of Florida A&M University. Coach Billy Joe did fired that assistant coach that was responblie for back in 2001. His name is Eric hayes and now coaching in the CFL. Most these violations happen to be against the basketball team..

Finally, I truly hope Billy Joe can comeback coaching and join the 300 ball club.. Howard don't worry my friend Rick Comegy is coming to MEAC very soon.. He going take over and will be your new daddy...

BBB
June 21st, 2005, 07:08 AM
Nov 27, 2001,

Howard violated ncaa bylaws govering recruiting, extra benefits, academic fraud, academic eligbilty, extra benefits, ethical conduct and lack of a institutional control.. All this happen under the watch of Coach Steve Wilson and Dr. Patrick Hewggart.

Just prove that EDUCATION WASN'T BIG AT CENTRAL. You must have played under Billy Joe

The Committee on Infractions issued Infractions Report No.175, November 27, 2001, in which the committee found violations of NCAA legislation in the baseball, men's and women's basketball, and men's and women's swimming programs. On the basis of those findings, the Committee on Infractions determined that this was a major infractions case and imposed penalties accordingly. [December 17, 2001, issue of The NCAA News.]

Please look through this and SHOW ME where the Bison Football Program was in trouble. (http://www.ncaa.org/releases/infractions/2002071601in.htm)

BBB
June 21st, 2005, 07:28 AM
It seems to me that Howard need to worrying about themselves, instead of worrying about FAMU, CSU AND Coach William Joe. I'm shocked to see little HU from Hampton, Va, to be agreeging with the elitists of Washington D.C.. Then again, when was the last time Howard ever won either national title or conference championship. Because I know for fact that Southern won SBN Black national title back in 1993 and Jackson State won the SBN National title in 1996. Yeah, I know Howard don't have the tradition of winning championship like Southern, FAMU, Grambling, Tennessee State, Tuskegee and beloved Central State.

Hampton has somewhat establish themselves into championship porgram since the arrival of Joe Taylor back in the early 1990's. I remember how my cousin Vince Buck and his teammates at CSU laid the smackdown on Hampton back in 1987. I got give Taylor some props for putting on map nationally in Division II and 1-aa level. He won two national titles at HU.

However, I have plenty respect for what Coach Taylor is doing at Howard. And how he took chance on Marcus Dixon. Everybody deserve second chance and I hope he can keep Dixon away from them white chicks in Virgina..

I agree that Gainous and Lee ruined the intergity of Florida A&M University. Coach Billy Joe did fired that assistant coach that was responblie for back in 2001. His name is Eric hayes and now coaching in the CFL. Most these violations happen to be against the basketball team..

Finally, I truly hope Billy Joe can comeback coaching and join the 300 ball club.. Howard don't worry my friend Rick Comegy is coming to MEAC very soon.. He going take over and will be your new daddy...

So you got your Howard jollies off? Sorry, nobody in DC really cares about what FAMU is doing. FAMU isn't Howard's biggest draw. Heck it doesn't rank in the top 5 of Howard's biggest rivalries. Get over yourself and BILLY JOE. Howard's program is CLEAN. FAMU CHEATED.

We don't have the tradition of winning. But let's look at this.

Until recently WE OWNED HAMPTON(well it's not recently anymore) :D
Grambling has NEVER BEATEN US
Southern hasn't beaten Howard since 79
Only played TU once (victory)
and Central once (loss) and remember half of the Howard's team was hurt before that game.
TSU once (loss)
Alot of the losses to FAMU came under Gaither NOT BILLY JOE.

We have 2 SBN national titles

1996---
Florida A&M finished one point behind Howard in voting for the Black College Football National Championship.

SBN SPORTS NETWORK (http://www.onnidan.com/news/sbnaafb.htm)

and everybody else recognize Howard as HBCU national Champions in 1993 (Unbeaten REGULAR SEASON)

Do some research first and then come back with some facts.

Have a good day junior.

mikebigg
June 21st, 2005, 11:14 AM
Billy Joe does have the reputation of not being "professional" in terms of film exchanges and their were speculation about recruiting at Central State. Personally, I don't hold that against him because the rules at NAIA were different and he played within the rules. Don't know what's going on at FAMU but those are an awful lot of violations...too many to be just his fault.

Note: Grambling has never beaten Howard but the two games played were far apart...not taking from the fact that yall won but don't try and make it seem like yall been dominating us in a series of consecutive games.

BBB
June 21st, 2005, 11:55 AM
Billy Joe does have the reputation of not being "professional" in terms of film exchanges and their were speculation about recruiting at Central State. Personally, I don't hold that against him because the rules at NAIA were different and he played within the rules. Don't know what's going on at FAMU but those are an awful lot of violations...too many to be just his fault.

Note: Grambling has never beaten Howard but the two games played were far apart...not taking from the fact that yall won but don't try and make it seem like yall been dominating us in a series of consecutive games.

Wasn't trying to make it into that. Just wanted people to respect Howard's program. We don't have the history that SU, GSU and lot of other schools have BUT, we ARE COMPETITIVE.

That's all.

bluedog
June 22nd, 2005, 05:49 AM
Southern hasn't beaten Howard since 79

Don't you think that if Howard would have play Su more than every other ten years after 79 that wouldn't be the case?

BBB
June 22nd, 2005, 07:03 AM
Don't you think that if Howard would have play Su more than every other ten years after 79 that wouldn't be the case?

Like I told the Grambling guy...

Wasn't trying to make it into that. Just wanted people to respect Howard's program. We don't have the history that SU, GSU and lot of other schools have BUT, we ARE COMPETITIVE.

Or did you miss this on purpose.

mikebigg
June 22nd, 2005, 08:38 AM

That's all.

I know... its really unfortunate that we haven't played each other more. We almost had a game last year but negotiations went bad with the third party and the game never happened. I've gotten to personally know former
Bison's Ted White and Tyrone Jones (frat) and they are good representatives of the Bison.

It was my pleasure to work with a young lady who is a Howard grad...we used to joke about a Howard quote I once read: "You can tell a Howard grad...but you can't tell them much!"

BBB
June 22nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
I know... its really unfortunate that we haven't played each other more. We almost had a game last year but negotiations went bad with the third party and the game never happened. I've gotten to personally know former
Bison's Ted White and Tyrone Jones (frat) and they are good representatives of the Bison.

It was my pleasure to work with a young lady who is a Howard grad...we used to joke about a Howard quote I once read: "You can tell a Howard grad...but you can't tell them much!"

LOL, that sounds about right.

But, I would LOVE to play Grambling AND Southern for that matter.

bluedog
June 25th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Like I told the Grambling guy...

Or did you miss this on purpose.

Yeah