PDA

View Full Version : New UND/NDSU rivalry video

darell1976
November 1st, 2013, 10:39 AM
I am sure most have seen the NFL films Football America about the UND/NDSU rivalry made in 1995, PBS came out with a program called When They Were Kings the UND/NDSU rivalry, it documents football and women's basketball. Some may say that's an odd pair, but in ND women's basketball in the 90's was the best in DII. NDSU won 4 straight NC from 1993-1996, then UND won 3 straight NC from 1997-1999. So I figured if you haven't seen this video, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2UUz_tEIw&feature=player_embedded

BisonFan02
November 1st, 2013, 10:45 AM
Never understood the title. Tough to use "When they were" when NDSU football is still winning championships.

darell1976
November 1st, 2013, 10:47 AM
Never understood the title. Tough to use "When they were" when NDSU football is still winning championships.

Maybe its about the women's basketball teams which now are both bad.

THE HERD
November 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Maybe its about the women's basketball teams which now are both bad.

Yea no doubt! Womens bball at NDSU is just terrible right now. I can't believe they didn't fire Dehoff after last year, but I doubt she's the coach next year. Womens Bball is the only sport that hasn't done well or won a championship of some sort since we went DI.

Bisonator
November 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Really, you had to start a new thread? xrolleyesx

darell1976
November 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
Really, you had to start a new thread? xrolleyesx

The others are all smacked out. I actually like this video better because it shows more games.

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
Yea no doubt! Womens bball at NDSU is just terrible right now. I can't believe they didn't fire Dehoff after last year, but I doubt she's the coach next year. Womens Bball is the only sport that hasn't done well or won a championship of some sort since we went DI.

She should have been fired period. What Dehoff has done to the womens program will take years to undo.

darell1976
November 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM
She should have been fired period. What Dehoff has done to the womens program will take years to undo.

Makes you wonder where the program would be if they still had Amy Ruley.

Twentysix
November 1st, 2013, 11:05 AM
I watched the first 20ish minutes. The video seems pretty positive. I like it.

darell1976
November 1st, 2013, 11:11 AM
I watched the first 20ish minutes. The video seems pretty positive. I like it.

The first 20 minutes is where UND football is now, back to the 80's.:(

TennBison
November 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
I love Rocky Hagers love for NDSU football back in those days, and maybe still to this day for all we know. 365 days of hell as he puts it if they loose to UND. To bad things ended for him at NDSU the way they did, he had a great career and I am sure that the former players of his still love the guy.

IBleedYellow
November 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
I just feel like this doesn't need to be in FCS Discussion. AGS gets enough of this slap fest on any other thread. Until UN_ and NDSU playing is relevant just keep this in smack or on SS and BV. IMO

Moto X

darell1976
November 1st, 2013, 12:17 PM
I just feel like this doesn't need to be in FCS Discussion. AGS gets enough of this slap fest on any other thread. Until UN_ and NDSU playing is relevant just keep this in smack or on SS and BV. IMO

Moto X

As wierd as it sounds it doesn't have to be a slapfest. People in both fanbases and other FCS fanbases can watch the video and comment if they wish. I posted this in case those who didn't see it can view it. Pretty much everyone has seen the other video, this one has more game footage and interviews with former players and coaches and it makes for a better show. It is not intended to start another hatred thread.

Bisonoline
November 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM
Makes you wonder where the program would be if they still had Amy Ruley.

Program was going down hill at the end of her reign. It certainly wouldnt have gotten any better if she would have STAYED.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2013, 05:02 PM
Program was going down hill at the end of her reign. It certainly wouldnt have gotten any better if she would have STAYED.

Amy probably stayed too long but DeHoff is definitely not the answer.

DeHoff and Dorn need to go.

Freeport
November 1st, 2013, 10:21 PM
thanks for posting! I've been wanting to see this.

Darlinikki150
November 2nd, 2013, 01:14 AM
Who cares?

No self respecting Bison cares about thus video. Its history. Thank god. Quit posting this **** Darell, hugs and kisses!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 2nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Who cares?

No self respecting Bison cares about thus video. Its history. Thank god. Quit posting this **** Darell, hugs and kisses!

Other fanbases on here might want to see one of the best D2 rivalries.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 2nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Other fanbases on here might want to see one of the best D2 rivalries.

Yep. The world didn't start 12 years ago.

MSUBobcat
November 2nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Yep. The world didn't start 12 years ago.

Truth. I watched some of it, and it seems like a cool video. A little long for the casual fan perhaps, but a good video nonetheless.

Yotes
November 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Who cares?

Is there a puking emoticon? The hugs and kisses pushed me over the edge.

Bison56
November 2nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Who cares?

Really?

Bisonoline
November 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Who cares?

Sorry sweet cheeks but you couldnt be more wrong.

Darlinikki150
November 2nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
I may have been a little drunky last night when I posted that but I stand by it. I'm tired of hearing about the ndsu/end rivalry. Its old and played out. Isn't anyone else tired of hearing it, I can't be the only one. And thanks for neg reps guys.

Bisonoline
November 2nd, 2013, 01:47 PM
I may have been a little drunky last night when I posted that but I stand by it. I'm tired of hearing about the ndsu/end rivalry. Its old and played out. Isn't anyone else tired of hearing it, I can't be the only one. And thanks for neg reps guys.

I didnt neg rep you. May I should have considering you neg repped me for no reason?

Being a former player for the Bison I can tell you for a fact that MANY former players liked the video as well. So if you dont think we are self respecting Bison please come look us up and we will have a discussion.
You can be tired of the talk all you want as there is a huge part of the fan base who would like the rivalry to be continued. You dont like it dont go to the game when its scheduled. The place will be packed whether you are there or not.

Darlinikki150
November 2nd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Ya its a great documentary. I watched it when it actually aired on pbs, ya I'm that dorky. I just get sick of hearing it and I can't be the only one. Don't get high and mighty w me please, its just such a sickening topic of discussion. I like AGS cuz there is more info on here about other teams not just und/ndsu. Can u see my point?

I won't comment again on this thread again. Bash me all u want I guess. Kisses fellas!

Bison56
November 2nd, 2013, 06:56 PM
Ya its a great documentary. I watched it when it actually aired on pbs, ya I'm that dorky. I just get sick of hearing it and I can't be the only one. Don't get high and mighty w me please, its just such a sickening topic of discussion. I like AGS cuz there is more info on here about other teams not just und/ndsu. Can u see my point?

I won't comment again on this thread again. Bash me all u want I guess. Kisses fellas!
If you are sick of reading it stop reading its simple as that.
Now you can neg rep me again. xthumbsupx