PDA

View Full Version : I-A Teams You REALLY WANT TO BEAT

blukeys
October 5th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I know this covers a lot of territory but every now and then there are certain I-A teams whose crowing gets the best of us. (East Carolina, Marshall, Troy State, Iowa State etc, )

Marshall is a team that represents a bunch of losers in a loser state. Still they don't get the best hate of most Hen Fans. That dubious honor goes to Temple. The team that can empty Lincoln Financial Field quicker than anyone.

So who is your pick for the most obnoxious I-A team of all time????

Just give me the names as there are too many to take a poll especially for you Louisiana folks.

I will be a loyal Hen fan and vote for the team we all love to hate TEMPLE even though they are REALLY down this year and we stole their D-Back Coach.

ASU Kep
October 5th, 2006, 10:51 PM
1) Georgia
2) NC State

any other I-A win would be great, but below these two for me. #1 is for strictly personal reasons, while #2 is an in-state rivalry.

other I-A's I'd love to beat for one reason or another (but not as badly as UGA and State): Penn State, Miami (FL), Tennessee, Virgina Tech, Duke, UNC, and Notre Dame (just to say we did it). :D

JaxSinfonian
October 5th, 2006, 10:53 PM
For now, just Mississippi State.

UMass922
October 5th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Well, I would love to have an annual game with UConn (and would love to beat them, as should go without saying). I might as well add BC, since they're the only other I-A team in New England. But it's the Huskies I'd really love to take out, and on a regular basis.

ASU Kep
October 5th, 2006, 10:55 PM
1) Georgia
2) NC State

any other I-A win would be great, but below these two for me. #1 is for strictly personal reasons, while #2 is an in-state rivalry.

other I-A's I'd love to beat for one reason or another (but not as badly as UGA and State): Penn State, Miami (FL), Tennessee, Virgina Tech, Duke, UNC, and Notre Dame (just to say we did it). :D

And the great thing is, two of those teams are on our future schedules. UGA in 2009 (Armanti Edwards, Gary Tharrington, Josh Johnson, etc.'s SENIOR year :eek: :nod: ). I think we play VT in 2011.

blukeys
October 5th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Well, I would love to have an annual game with UConn (and would love to beat them, as should go without saying). I might as well add BC, since they're the only other I-A team in New England. But it's the Huskies I'd really love to take out, and on a regular basis.

Based on my conversations with UNH_Alum in _Conn, This seems to be a popular team to beat. It appears the Connecticut folks rise to the level of obnoxiosness well in advance of their skills. It is funny because Connecticut does not have a winning record against their chief I-AA rivals (UMASS and UNH) but they swagger across New England like they are the lords of the domain.

blukeys
October 5th, 2006, 11:08 PM
For the record UMASS922, Welcome Aboard. I have not seen you before but do appreciate your becoming an AGS regular!!!!!!!

AZGrizFan
October 5th, 2006, 11:21 PM
My personal favorite is Idaho. Too big for their britches to say in the BSC, and it's my alma mater (shhhhh).....

slycat
October 5th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Texas A&M - just cause they whine, heck they still complain about that scare from last year.

Baylor - my brother goes there and i would love to rub it in his face. get a chance in 2007.

poly51
October 5th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Fresno State
San Diego State
San Jose State
Any Pac 10 School
Any other I-A Team
That looks like the right order.

blukeys
October 5th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Fresno State
San Diego State
San Jose State
Any Pac 10 School
Any other I-A Team
That looks like the right order.

I thought San Jose State dropped football thanx to Charlie Bell. He has been resurrected at Del State (sort of like Dracula)

chrisattsu
October 6th, 2006, 12:06 AM
I would venture to say a good percentage of Texas State fans would want to be the University of Texas "wHorns". Austinites and UT fans in general tend to be pretty arrogant and seem to see us as the place that all the UT-wannabes go to. If you wear a Texas State or SWT (formerly-Southwest TX) hat around you are already viewed in a lesser status within the Austin City Limits.

GoAgs72
October 6th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Stanford! Oh, wait a minute, let me think of another one...

Gil Dobie
October 6th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Georgia Southern - Next Game
Minnesota Gophers - Following Game

UMass922
October 6th, 2006, 12:25 AM
For the record UMASS922, Welcome Aboard. I have not seen you before but do appreciate your becoming an AGS regular!!!!!!!

Thanks for the gracious welcome, blukeys.

crunifan
October 6th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Well as a UNI fan this is easy...

Iowa!

Beating Iowa State is fun and all, but NOTHING, and I mean absolutely NOTHING would be bigger to this state than UNI beating Iowa. If we beat Ohio State this year, it still wouldn't be as big and mean as much to this state as if we beat Iowa.

ashram
October 6th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Marshall has a special place in the hearts of most Furman fans. For me, though, the I-A team I most want to see us beat is Clemson. What Tammy Bowden has for lunch one day usually gets more press coverage in the Greenville News than any Furman game. When the #3 team in the nation is IN Greenville, it gets a little annoying after a while to see a team 30-45 miles away hog our press and potential fans all the time.

CoastalFan2005
October 6th, 2006, 02:35 AM
The I-A team that I think I'd most like to see CCU beat is probably the Univ. of South Carolina, for more reasons than I have time to explain right now. But, that game will never, ever happen, so I'll just hope to beat any I-A.

I believe the first three we're playing are Penn State (2008), NC State (2009) and Clemson (2014; could be moved up). My memory could be faulty in this area, though.

JBB
October 6th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Minnesota Gophers

ASU Kep
October 6th, 2006, 03:56 AM
The I-A team that I think I'd most like to see CCU beat is probably the Univ. of South Carolina, for more reasons than I have time to explain right now. But, that game will never, ever happen, so I'll just hope to beat any I-A.

I believe the first three we're playing are Penn State (2008), NC State (2009) and Clemson (2014; could be moved up). My memory could be faulty in this area, though.

Been there, done that :p . Quite a few I-AA's have. I know Citadel has, and I'm pretty sure others have to.

USC is on our schedule again I think in two years. I'd love to beat a Spurier team. :nod:

th0m
October 6th, 2006, 05:50 AM
UVa.

OL FU
October 6th, 2006, 06:41 AM
The only team I hate is Marshall: flamemad So they would be my choice:nod:

Clemson only because we have not beat them since pre-WWII.
:o

I respect the fact that over the years Clemson has scheduled us many times giving us the opportunity.

Umass74
October 6th, 2006, 06:56 AM
UConn, UConn, UConn.

Great to see Navy run up 600 yards of offense on them. Made a UMass grad and a Navy vet proud :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Cocky
October 6th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Mississippi State

purduecrum
October 6th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Well as a UNI fan this is easy...

Iowa!

Beating Iowa State is fun and all, but NOTHING, and I mean absolutely NOTHING would be bigger to this state than UNI beating Iowa. If we beat Ohio State this year, it still wouldn't be as big and mean as much to this state as if we beat Iowa.

I just hope Purdue can beat Iowa this weekend...

I have seen Western Illinois take their lumps against Illinois on the hardwood the past few years, I wouldn't mind seeing them get a chance to take on the Illini. They gave Eastern a chance. Why not Western? Why should Western go out of state for their I-A match-ups? At least there would be some interest in WIU vs. UI.

I know the same argument (keep it in state) was made about Purdue and Indiana State, but we aren't exactly talking about a I-AA power in ISU. The next two years brings Eastern Illinois and Northern Colorado into Purdue. I hope they plan on selling $5 seats for these games, because the Purdue-loyal will take those weeks off...

purduecrum
October 6th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Georgia Southern - Next Game
Minnesota Gophers - Following Game

While Northwestern and Indiana have fallen to I-AA foes this year, I believe Minnesota may do so as well, but for a different reason. I think Northwestern and Indiana are just short on talent, but Minnesota has a coach that tends to make bone-head calls. A well-coached team can hang in there with the Gophers even if talent, depth, and home field advantage favors Minnesota.

89Hen
October 6th, 2006, 07:55 AM
I will be a loyal Hen fan and vote for the team we all love to hate TEMPLE even though they are REALLY down this year and we stole their D-Back Coach.
I would have agreed 20 years ago. Temple has been so bad for so long, I really would have little interest in even playing them now. The correct answer for any Hen fan should be either Navy or Maryland since those are the one we get a chance with. That said, I'd pick Maryland. Sorry LBPop, I hate Maryland fans. If the Hens were to beat them in 2008 I'd have to lock up my couch so they didn't drag it over to College Park to burn. :nonono2: xidiotx

JMU2004
October 6th, 2006, 08:16 AM
UVa....they won't play us anymore after we beat them in 1982, and took them to the wire in 1983

ErkPeterson
October 6th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Hands down, I hate everything about these bitches. I'm actually wearing a "Georgia SUCKS" T-shirt right now. Its impossible to carry on a converstion with these fans. "We'll your college plays high-school ball!". Nothing makes my blood boil more. When I bartended @ Southern I wouldn't serve anyone wearing a UGAY hat. I'm youn (30 yrs old) and know I will live to be an old man. Before I die we will beat these mongrels. Its all I live for.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/ErkPeterson/GSU/screwuga-1.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/ErkPeterson/GSU/UGAy.gif

rb45070
October 6th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I would actually like to play and win against Tennessee. I really can't put a finger on it but even when I was in Boone it seemed like there was more Tenn fans then actual APP fans. Plus I just really hate the color orange. I think of the old Tampa Bay Bucs uniforms and I wanna puke.

ChickenMan
October 6th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Notre Dame... nothing against the school... but some of their fans are another matter.

Maroon&White
October 6th, 2006, 08:38 AM
UCon

PaladinFan
October 6th, 2006, 08:38 AM
South Carolina finally rescheduled after 23 years. I guess memories from 1983 hold strong.

I would love to see Furman play any SEC school. When you live in South Georgia, you get innundated with big college football and nothing else. However, I don't see that happening with teams like Auburn and Georgia. With Furman's reputation as a giant slayer I can't see why they would want to play us over dominating a team like Lousiana-Monroe, again.

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2006, 08:52 AM
RUTGERS! : flamemad

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 6th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Based on my conversations with UNH_Alum in _Conn, This seems to be a popular team to beat. It appears the Connecticut folks rise to the level of obnoxiosness well in advance of their skills. It is funny because Connecticut does not have a winning record against their chief I-AA rivals (UMASS and UNH) but they swagger across New England like they are the lords of the domain.

Most UNH folks wouldn't put UConn #1 on this list. I do so because I was born and bred in CT. During UConn's I-AA days, I always considered a 5-6 season for UNH a winning season if they beat UConn. xlolx

You should have read and listened to the Hartford media after UConn trounced URI -- see how far our football program has come, how much better we are than in our A-10 days, etc., etc. etc. Even before Richmond beat Duke, UMass lost by one in Annapolis and UNH beat Northwestern, I was saying oh how I wish UConn played one of the top A-10 teams!!!!! And after Navy spanked the UConVicts, I'd REALLY love to see a top tier A-10 team at Rentschler Field. :nod:

For the record, I think most UNH folks would agree that beating the Chestnut Hill Beagles would be numero uno on this list. And I think I can safely say the same for my compadres in Orono and over on Huntington Ave. With the ice hockey rivalry our schools have, the Beagles are beyond obnoxious, especially with UNH and Maine. Their fans are affectionately know as Pinhead Nation.

Hansel
October 6th, 2006, 09:51 AM
The Minnesota Golden Chokers

FU97
October 6th, 2006, 09:54 AM
And the great thing is, two of those teams are on our future schedules. UGA in 2009 (Armanti Edwards, Gary Tharrington, Josh Johnson, etc.'s SENIOR year :eek: :nod: ). I think we play VT in 2011.

Unfortunately for ASU, that will also be Matthew Stafford's senior year.....

FU97
October 6th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Marshall has a special place in the hearts of most Furman fans. For me, though, the I-A team I most want to see us beat is Clemson. What Tammy Bowden has for lunch one day usually gets more press coverage in the Greenville News than any Furman game. When the #3 team in the nation is IN Greenville, it gets a little annoying after a while to see a team 30-45 miles away hog our press and potential fans all the time.

A f*%$#-ing men! I hate Clemson. Being that UGA is my favorite IA school, probably has something to do with that as well. Can't stand any school with orange in their uni.

UDDave
October 6th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Penn State. The fans are the worst (think Notre Dame, but much more bandwagon, and without the pedigree) and the uniforms are terrible.

CoastalFan2005
October 6th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Been there, done that :p . Quite a few I-AA's have. I know Citadel has, and I'm pretty sure others have to.

USC is on our schedule again I think in two years. I'd love to beat a Spurier team. :nod:

I'd love for us to beat them, too...they won't schedule us in a regular-season matchup in any sport, though. Has to do with stipulations of a large donation given to them years ago, I believe. They'll play us if they have to in exhibition games and post-season games, but during the regular season...that's a different story.

If you do play them in two years, please kill them. :nod:

bison95
October 6th, 2006, 10:16 AM
"Lets Play Whack-A-Gopher":hurray: :hurray:

GSUhooligan
October 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM
A f*%$#-ing men! I hate Clemson. Being that UGA is my favorite IA school, probably has something to do with that as well. Can't stand any school with orange in their uni.

Wow...Furman fan and a UGA fan. I have no choice but to wish for bad things to happen to you. You might be the worst person on the face of the planet.

dbackjon
October 6th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Arizona or Arizona State!

dbackjon
October 6th, 2006, 10:42 AM
My personal favorite is Idaho. Too big for their britches to say in the BSC, and it's my alma mater (shhhhh).....

you're a Vandal???

How the heck did you end up a Griz Fan?

I almost went to Idaho - after deciding to transfer from Illinois, it was a choice between NAU, Colorado State, or Idaho - picked NAU!! :thumbsup:

poly51
October 6th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I thought San Jose State dropped football thanx to Charlie Bell. He has been resurrected at Del State (sort of like Dracula)
San Jose State still has football. They are in the WAC. They beat Cal Poly 2 weeks ago 17-7.

Bison05
October 6th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Minnessota Gophers :nod:

MSUBear42
October 6th, 2006, 10:50 AM
http://static.flickr.com/3/4259816_16e6b94810.jpg

AggieFinn
October 6th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I-A's I'd love to see UC Davis beat:

Cal, Nevada, maybe Oregon, since Bellotti's UC Davis alumni. Stanford was the cream though, beating them was awesome, they're so damn rich and over-fully funded there, it was real sweet. :cool:

http://www-ucdmag.ucdavis.edu/win06/graphics/Biggs.jpg

ucdtim17
October 6th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Probably SJSU right now, given the message board spats we've had back and forth - we'll get our shot next year. It'd of course be cool to beat other Pac-10 schools but that possibility seems more than a little remote

Go...gate
October 6th, 2006, 11:28 AM
RUTGERS! : flamemad

Agreed. That was always a good rival for Colgate, except the last couple games when Doug Graber ran up the score (41-0 and 68-6) on bad Red Raider teams in '92 and '93.

Beyond that, Syracuse, of course!

GreenDay17
October 6th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Fresno State
Idaho

and any and all other mid-major programs whose fans think it is beneath them to schedule and play 1AA opponents.

Tailbone
October 6th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Fresno State
Idaho

and any and all other mid-major programs whose fans think it is beneath them to schedule and play 1AA opponents.

That's not why Idaho doesn't play i-aa.
They're tired of losing to i-aa teams.
The Griz have thumped 'em the last 4 times they played.

UCABEARS75
October 6th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Easy, Arkansas.

But a more realistic goal in the near future would be Arkansas State.

Do they count?

AggiePride
October 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
CAL

cu@wgs
October 6th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I was wondering when a UCA fan would say Arkansas. To bad The Hogs probably won't schedule a I-AA school until Broyles is gone.

OxSoxUNH05
October 6th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing UNH beat BC. Good Old Hockey East rivals take it out on the Football field

AUCATAMOUNT
October 6th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Florida, because we play them later this year.

FargoBison
October 6th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Minnesota

Nebraska- I think it would be pretty cool to see coach Bohl win one in front of the people that drove him out of town.

Gordon Shumway
October 6th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I'd have to say that beating BC would put a pretty wide smile:D on my face. They have an inordinate number of obnoxious fans with a misguided sense of entitlement. They are world class whiners as well.:bawling:

EKU05
October 6th, 2006, 02:30 PM
KENTUCKY!!!! I really can't stand them.

ASU Kep
October 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Hands down, I hate everything about these bitches. I'm actually wearing a "Georgia SUCKS" T-shirt right now. Its impossible to carry on a converstion with these fans. "We'll your college plays high-school ball!". Nothing makes my blood boil more. When I bartended @ Southern I wouldn't serve anyone wearing a UGAY hat. I'm youn (30 yrs old) and know I will live to be an old man. Before I die we will beat these mongrels. Its all I live for.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/ErkPeterson/GSU/screwuga-1.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/ErkPeterson/GSU/UGAy.gif

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx :nod: :nod: :nod: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Coastal89
October 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM
MTSU just because my brother is a fan and likes to talk smack about Coastal football.

ASU Kep
October 6th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately for ASU, that will also be Matthew Stafford's senior year.....

IMO, Stafford even as a senior isn't going to be a Greene or a Shockley. But anyways, a I-A like UGA is going to have great starters no matter what year you play them, so I just worry about what ASU is looking like. It's not like ASU is ever going to beat Georgia "on paper." Well, at least in the foreseeable future, anyways. ;)

To me, our best shot lies in senior leadership, toughness, and luck. We're good enough to compete.

UNHknowledge
October 6th, 2006, 02:52 PM
SYRACUSE...i would love to see UNH's speedy offense run circles around 'Cuse in the Dome. UNH always has key players from upstate NY/Sect.3,4,5 that were not offered by Cuse (they're waaay too interested in Florida/NJ). I played my last hs football game at the Carrier Dome so I'm extra bitter. I guarantee we would've beat 'Cuse the last 3 seasons.

AZGrizFan
October 6th, 2006, 02:55 PM
you're a Vandal???

How the heck did you end up a Griz Fan?

I almost went to Idaho - after deciding to transfer from Illinois, it was a choice between NAU, Colorado State, or Idaho - picked NAU!! :thumbsup:

You need to pay attention jon. Born & raised in Missoula. Went off to defend the country. Offered a chance to attend college while in the Navy. Given a choice of 7 schools. Let my little head do the thinking. Chose Idaho (while it was I-AA) as my future ex-wife was attending Gonzaga at the time. Regretted it ever since. Can't stand the college, and love to see it lose at everything it does or attempts. xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

dbackjon
October 6th, 2006, 03:36 PM
You need to pay attention jon. Born & raised in Missoula. Went off to defend the country. Offered a chance to attend college while in the Navy. Given a choice of 7 schools. Let my little head do the thinking. Chose Idaho (while it was I-AA) as my future ex-wife was attending Gonzaga at the time. Regretted it ever since. Can't stand the college, and love to see it lose at everything it does or attempts. xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Ok - that explains it!! :thumbsup:

RadMann
October 6th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I'd like to see UD play and beat I-As from neighboring states including Maryland and Rutgers. Penn State would be nice, but that is asking a bit much....

GeauxLions94
October 6th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Stanford! Oh, wait a minute, let me think of another one...

We're talking I-A

douglasdmb
October 6th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Mizzou

Although we've been the better basketball school over the past couple of years while owning them head-to-head in baseball, they still pull the "come play us in football!" card. But we all know that that would probably never happen.

HiHiYikas
October 6th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I must admit, I am so apathetic about I-A football, there's not a school that gets enough of my attention to be on this list.

Maybe Tennessee, since it's the closest thing to a I-A powerhouse within 200-ish miles of Boone. Any NC I-A would be nice, but there's not much special about doing it in the college football big picture.

NC State beat us by 13 at their place. GaSo did the very same thing in 1998. The difference is, we play GaSo every year, and half the time it's in Boone, so we're 10-10-1 against them. I'm not saying we'd go 10-10 against NC State, but if, in the course of a decade, we played 5 games in Boone and 5 in Raleigh, I could see us winning 3 or 4 games.

ECU might make my list - ASU is .655 all-time against the Pirates, and it seems like there are a number of Pirate fans who don't think that number would continue to hold if the teams played regularly.

OrneryAggie
October 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Right now I'd love to watch the Ags beat Ohio St, USC, WVU, and Auburn.

Another other year it'd be Cal or UCLA. BYU would be nice also.

DFW HOYA
October 6th, 2006, 07:22 PM
This weekend? Lehigh.

GeauxColonels
October 6th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Hell right now, I'll settle for beating a I-AA team! :(

BDK@YSU
October 6th, 2006, 11:47 PM
For YSU, it's gotta be Ohio State. Nothing would be sweeter than rising from big brother's shadow, beating the Ohio State University at their house and silencing a crowd of 100,000+ people. Hell, it might even silence the Youngstown fans that made the trip there.

Well, for me at least. Most of the people here show up to our games wearing OSU clothes anyhow. Well, I could look at the positives, and say that they are at least wearing red.

This thread just seems to me that we all just want to beat the nearest big time semi-pro/college team. And who can blame us? WE PLAY FOOTBALL TOO. OUR FIELDS ARE THE SAME SIZE AND EVERYTHING!

CSUBUCDAD
October 7th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Jay Mills is working his tail off trying to get a 1A team on the schedule for 2008 or 2009. He wants an SEC team like Carolina or even LSU or Auburn but may have to settle for someone like North Carolina or Vandy or Kentucky to start with. I would love to see CSU play Clemson and beat the living crap out of them. I am a rabid Gamecock fan and I pull for them and whoever is playing Clemson. Like my sig says, any team, any time, anywhere. Bring it, don't sing it.

NSUDemon98
October 7th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I know this covers a lot of territory but every now and then there are certain I-A teams whose crowing gets the best of us. (East Carolina, Marshall, Troy State, Iowa State etc, )

Marshall is a team that represents a bunch of losers in a loser state. Still they don't get the best hate of most Hen Fans. That dubious honor goes to Temple. The team that can empty Lincoln Financial Field quicker than anyone.

So who is your pick for the most obnoxious I-A team of all time????

Just give me the names as there are too many to take a poll especially for you Louisiana folks.

Louisiana Tech...University of Louisiana@Lafayette

GeauxColonels
October 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Louisiana Tech...University of Louisiana@Lafayette
We SHOULD have beat Louisiana Tech this year. :(

GGASU
October 8th, 2006, 12:59 AM
LSU next years opener. With I-AA games becoming a formality, we should have a legit shot at this one.

Husky Alum
October 8th, 2006, 08:12 AM
For this Northeastern fan, it's..

1. The University of Chestnut Hill
2. Notre Dame
3. UConn
4. Baylor

UCH is an easy target. Their bandwagon keeps getting bigger and bigger each season, and their soma-induced students who wear those obnoxious yellow Stupor Fan t-shirts and think they know something about sports really irk the rank and file fan in Boston. Their alumni are just as bad claiming "we're the only school in the country to win our last 5 bowl games" - to which I reply "it really doesn't count when the bowls you go to are so bad they change their sponsors every year and you lose money by going to them.

UNHAlum calls their fans Pinhead Nation, I prefer to call them Preppy Nation. UCH STILL encourages students to submit a picture with their application. The place is a walking J Crew catalog. I guest lecture there all the time and it's like walking into a country club when I teach there. I half expect Judge Smails' granndaughter to call for Porterhouse to remove the wax buildup from her penny loafers during class.

Notre Dame is obvious. Their alumni in Boston are second only in obnoxiousness to UCH - and if you tell one of them you went to Northeastern, they'll reply with "you shouldn't have beat us in 1996".

UConn - See other comments.

Baylor - Their AD was a carpetbagging scumbucket who lied to a ton of athletic alumni in order to get donations for several projects and ignored the rank and file alumni givers if you didn't donate more than $1K - and at Northeastern - where athletic alumni donors aren't that big, we have a bunch of smaller donors. I'd love nothing more to kick any team from that school in the teeth.

Gordon Shumway
October 8th, 2006, 09:31 AM
For this Northeastern fan, it's..

1. The University of Chestnut Hill
2. Notre Dame
3. UConn
4. Baylor

UCH is an easy target. Their bandwagon keeps getting bigger and bigger each season, and their soma-induced students who wear those obnoxious yellow Stupor Fan t-shirts and think they know something about sports really irk the rank and file fan in Boston. Their alumni are just as bad claiming "we're the only school in the country to win our last 5 bowl games" - to which I reply "it really doesn't count when the bowls you go to are so bad they change their sponsors every year and you lose money by going to them.

UNHAlum calls their fans Pinhead Nation, I prefer to call them Preppy Nation. UCH STILL encourages students to submit a picture with their application. The place is a walking J Crew catalog. I guest lecture there all the time and it's like walking into a country club when I teach there. I half expect Judge Smails' granndaughter to call for Porterhouse to remove the wax buildup from her penny loafers during class.

Notre Dame is obvious. Their alumni in Boston are second only in obnoxiousness to UCH - and if you tell one of them you went to Northeastern, they'll reply with "you shouldn't have beat us in 1996".

UConn - See other comments.

Baylor - Their AD was a carpetbagging scumbucket who lied to a ton of athletic alumni in order to get donations for several projects and ignored the rank and file alumni givers if you didn't donate more than $1K - and at Northeastern - where athletic alumni donors aren't that big, we have a bunch of smaller donors. I'd love nothing more to kick any team from that school in the teeth.

Bravo...That was pretty good.xlolx xlolx xlolx You speak for a lot of people with your comments on UCH.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 8th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Because I live within UConn Nation, I thought I was immune from those Stupor Fan tee shirts, but last week a young lady was jogging in the park wearing one of those dang things! :mad: :mad: I wonder if that's a justifiable reason to toss her out of the park? ;) :D

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Definitely the Illini. The problem is they won't play us. We haven't met on the football field in over 2 decades.