PDA

View Full Version : Alcorn St - Prairie View

dbackjon
October 5th, 2006, 07:52 PM
10-6 Alcorn - at the half

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2006, 07:57 PM
They're playing a very beautiful HS stadium in the Houston area, right by where some of our Bearkat fans on this board live, if I am not mistaken...Cy-Fair ISD for those Houston area posters...

Looked empty from the shots I saw. Then again, when there's many overthrown passes as was the case in some of the plays I saw, there's lots of empty space on the field as well...

Catmendue2 on SWACPage estimated attendance at 1000...atleast the game looks better at that stadium than the youth flag football field they play on at home...

Mr. Tiger
October 5th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Alcorn 17, PV 14 with about 5 minutes left in the game.

Mr. Tiger
October 5th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Alcorn 17, PV 14 Final. PV misses 48-yard FG with :00 seconds left.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2006, 06:23 AM
There were several questionable issues with the officiating...

The TV announcers were even picking on them! Apparently at one point, right before Alcorn got the punt return for a TD, the referees couldn't decide if it were 3rd or 4th down. After a few embarassing minutes and lots of yelling by the Alcorn coach and questions of competency by the announcers, they got it right...

A few other hair-brain decisions by the officials. The SWAC really needs to step it up. It was great hearing the official say, "after review". What the heck was he reviewing? SWAC have their own "unofficial instant replay"?

3rd Coast Tiger
October 6th, 2006, 02:54 PM
There were several questionable issues with the officiating...

The TV announcers were even picking on them! Apparently at one point, right before Alcorn got the punt return for a TD, the referees couldn't decide if it were 3rd or 4th down. After a few embarassing minutes and lots of yelling by the Alcorn coach and questions of competency by the announcers, they got it right...

A few other hair-brain decisions by the officials. The SWAC really needs to step it up. It was great hearing the official say, "after review". What the heck was he reviewing? SWAC have their own "unofficial instant replay"?

Another "Did You Know....."

The SWAC shares officials with Conference USA.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2006, 03:22 PM
The SWAC shares officials with Conference USA.

The two SWAC officials that I know who work football...don't do C-USA, they do however do NAIA...

Guess there's one or a few that may be shared by C-USA...obviously not all of them. I don't think C-USA would put up with some of the garbage that was going on during that game...the ESPN announcers were sure having a fun time tracking Alcorn's HC reaction to some of that...