PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Starting QB Out for Year with Broken Collarbone

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Official now.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/10/breaking-brandon-bialkowski-to-have.html

xsmhx

LehighU11
October 28th, 2013, 10:35 PM
That's awful to hear. He had played so well this year and certainly showed that he had earned the spot after 3 years of waiting. McHale and/or Shafnisky will have a tough time picking up where BB left off. If Shafnisky gets some playing time and performs well, we may be looking at a league full of sophomore QBs next season, with Nebrich being the exception at Fordham.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I think McHale is a capable QB. It's obviously a bad deal to lose BB but I don't think it will ultimately decide LU's fate. Defense will.....

RichH2
October 28th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Sad but not a surprise. Very tough for Bb,who put in his timr and earned his spot at which he excelled, Matt is bigger,faster,stonger arm and knows the O. Not as accurate but capable,which is all the LU O requires.Only question is will he be as good making reads.
Agree that our fate this year rests on the D, which has yet to stop anyone all year. Certainly not a good position to be in. Andy has these 2 weeks to fix the D. Another unlikely scenario.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 28th, 2013, 11:33 PM
This is simply unbelievable..............Lehigh has a football team?

When?

Go...gate
October 28th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Painful injury for the young man. Sorry to hear this.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 29th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the neg rep Rich.

It's not up to you to decide what I find fascinating. I am happy you guys finally started a team and us out west can act like it never happened in the first place.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 29th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Oh and sorry to hear about the injury.

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the neg rep Rich.

It's not up to you to decide what I find fascinating. I am happy you guys finally started a team and us out west can act like it never happened in the first place.

Dont really care what you find interesting. We are all well aware of your feelings towards Lu and the PL,this thread the wrong place to spout your bilge. This is about a young man who waited 3 yrs to start and was having a great yr now ended by injury. Have at least some decency and save your rants for another PL thread.

CFBfan
October 29th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Oh and sorry to hear about the injury.

does being a d-bag come naturaly to you or do you have to work at it??

WrenFGun
October 29th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Sorry to hear for Lehigh fans; still think Lehigh will find a way.

dystopiamembrane
October 29th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Sorry, Lehigh fans.
Win the next three for him.

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Tough "break" for Lehigh and BB. (That is my ode to 'ngineer by the way)

I hate to see a someone who had waited his turn, and performed so well, go out like that. Any idea who will emerge as the starter?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2013, 09:01 AM

He said he was sorry about the injury. Jeez.

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Tough "break" for Lehigh and BB. (That is my ode to 'ngineer by the way)

I hate to see a someone who had waited his turn, and performed so well, go out like that. Any idea who will emerge as the starter?

Most likely McHale but given our situation would not be surprised if Dave gives both he and Nick lots of snaps.

SingForever
October 29th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Are all the people in the West assholes? They sure do look like it.
He said he was sorry about the injury. Jeez.

SingForever
October 29th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Apparently North Dakota people wouldn't recognize an asshole when they see one unless it was at the end of a cow..

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Apparently North Dakota people wouldn't recognize an asshole when they see one unless it was at the end of a cow..

Get a sense of humor, twit.

dystopiamembrane
October 29th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Are all the people in the West assholes? They sure do look like it.A number of people who come on this forum are cocky ****s. I don't think it's confined to the West.

Engineer86
October 29th, 2013, 09:24 AM

A sense of humor about a kid who waited three years to play, then plays really well only to get hurt and end his career. We all understand the view of many on this board of LU and our over exuberance, but you really think there is. "Sense of humor" needed to discuss this topic????? xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Tell me, there's something funny about a kid's career ending injury?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Tell me, there's something funny about a kid's career ending injury?

No but if he wasn't a football player would you all be singing dirges right now? Get some perspective.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2013, 09:33 AM
No but if he wasn't a football player would you all be singing dirges right now? Get some perspective.

Gee, talking about a football player on a FCS message board. That never happens.

Engineer86
October 29th, 2013, 09:34 AM

This is a FOOTBALL board, isn't it??? Now that you seem to understand the kid getting hurt it is not humorous, it is about "perspective". OK terrific.

bjtheflamesfan
October 29th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Alright, alright alright...everybody take a deep breath and chill out.

While this is a very sad situations for Bialkowski, and I pray his surgery goes well on Thursday and that he can finish out the school year, get his degree and be a productive contributor to society, this doesnt need to degenerate into a massive butthurt fest on either side. NoDak and AlphaGriz, yes there is football east of the Mississippi River. Lehigh has a football team and they have done very well (despite a very unfortunate loss to Bucknell this past Saturday) this season. As with any other team, they are going through a very difficult late season change because of this injury. Do you have to be jerks about it because of your teams' collective success? No, even though on the flip side, he doesn't have to act as butthurt as he did either, you would do a lot better to be the bigger person and respond in a manner counter to your character.

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 09:40 AM
A suggestion, this thread is turning into yet another weather vane troll fest. How about we just get back to BB and LU

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 09:48 AM
What now for LU?
Matt McHale Pass 10/17/1 81yds
Run 19/89 4.7 avg

Nick Shafnisky Pass 0/2/1
run 3/28 9.3 avg

No doubt that Nick has a much bigger upside. Does Andy bag the season to give both max snaps to prepare for next year?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2013, 09:50 AM
A suggestion, this thread is turning into yet another weather vane troll fest. How about we just get back to BB and LU

http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/forums/forum/lehigh-sports/lehigh-football/

Interference free.

Grizalltheway
October 29th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Are all the people in the West assholes? They sure do look like it.

Lol. This coming from the region that brought us New Jersey and New York. xlolxxlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Lol. This coming from the region that brought us New Jersey and New York. xlolxxlolx

Isn't this like blaming Montana for being in "the region" that brought us Dick Cheney? xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 29th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck for this kid. Hope he gets on the mend real soon.

Grizalltheway
October 29th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Isn't this like blaming Montana for being in "the region" that brought us Dick Cheney? xlolx

I don't know, you're the one who judged an entire area of the country based on one poster.xthumbsupx

Edit-sorry, thought I was quoting someone else.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM
More from Keith Groller of the Morning Call and head coach Andy Coen:

"It's absolutely disappointing for him, a kid who did all the right things and learned the system and waited for his turn," Coen said. "When he got his turn, he certainly took advantage of it. He's not only a great example for his teammates, but to kids playing football all over the place.

"This is a world where if you're not playing as a freshman or sophomore, you're unhappy. This is a guy who waited his turn behind some good players [previous starters Chris Lum and Mike Colvin] and took advantage of it and put his team in a position where it could win a championship."

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/2013/10/lehigh-confirms-qb-brandon-bialkowski-is-out-for-the-rest-of-the-season-.html

LUHawker
October 29th, 2013, 11:04 AM

LFN, I think you should leave your Democratic-leanings off the football sites, although it has been clear for several years in your blogging.

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I don't know, you're the one who judged an entire area of the country based on one poster.xthumbsupx

Not really,just you to start. You brought in NJ and NJ. As to another poster's reference to the west,does seem the only mindless trolling we get repetedly is from you fellas. We dont troll you yet you feel the compulsion to throw smack into most every Thread of ours. So why are you so shocked that we think you're a jerk

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2013, 11:22 AM
LFN, I think you should leave your Democratic-leanings off the football sites, although it has been clear for several years in your blogging.

Politics and football should not mix, IMO. But this one was too priceless to pass up. xlolx

carney2
October 29th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I was wondering how this thread got quickly to 36 posts. Now I know. Brains have apparently been checked at the door.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2013, 11:31 AM
More from Mike LoRe:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2013/10/lehigh_university_qb_brandon_b.html#incart_river_d efault

"I feel bad for the kid, I really do," Coen said. "I think he's an outstanding example of being a great teammate. In this world, kids and parents think kids should be playing as freshmen and sophomores and very rarely do you see kids hang in there, learn and try to improve themselves when they're not playing. He did that for three years. The benefit he got out of that was maybe being most prolific quarterback in Lehigh history in the eight games he played. He did a great job. I'm really proud of the kid and how he's handled everything."

Grizalltheway
October 29th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Not really,just you to start. You brought in NJ and NJ. As to another poster's reference to the west,does seem the only mindless trolling we get repetedly is from you fellas. We dont troll you yet you feel the compulsion to throw smack into most every Thread of ours. So why are you so shocked that we think you're a jerk

As I mentioned, I meant to quote the poster who made the comment about everyone from the West being an asshole based on alpha's post. Don't know why you think I'm a jerk, since I haven't posted anything negative about the player or team in question, just a witty retort to SingForever's statement. I apologize for offending your delicate sensiblities, now take a deep breath and have yourself a Perrier.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I think most Lehigh fans would gladly.

http://adsoftheworld.com/sites/default/files/styles/media/public/images/Perrier_Boite_4x3.jpg?itok=TBOHcr7w

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I was wondering how this thread got quickly to 36 posts. Now I know. Brains have apparently been checked at the door.

Have at it.

You know, you Lehigh guys should find some way to monetize your bitching about AGS. You'd all be millionaires.

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 11:45 AM
More from Mike LoRe:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2013/10/lehigh_university_qb_brandon_b.html#incart_river_d efault
Andy can certaily empathize, as he was knocked out of G'burg's playoff run when he was a senior.No one deserves the cards BB has been dealt over his playing career but he dealt with them with class.

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 11:47 AM

Have at it.

You know, you Lehigh guys should find some way to monetize your bitching about AGS. You'd all be millionaires.

No one is complaining about AGS just the trolls that react like mindless moths to a flame with every PL thread.

Southsider
October 29th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Ya know,seems to me by some of the comments on this site that a good deal of it comes from a bunch of 20 somethings who just haven't had time to grow up yet. To the wiser, more mature posters, don't let them suck you in. Just ignore their posts.

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Why does every Lehigh thread devolve into a troll convention?

ngineer
October 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM
This is simply unbelievable..............Lehigh has a football team?

When?

"Classy"

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Why does every Lehigh thread devolve into a troll convention?

Southsider is right we , especially me, should just ignore them

ngineer
October 29th, 2013, 12:49 PM
What now for LU?
Matt McHale Pass 10/17/1 81yds
Run 19/89 4.7 avg

Nick Shafnisky Pass 0/2/1
run 3/28 9.3 avg

No doubt that Nick has a much bigger upside. Does Andy bag the season to give both max snaps to prepare for next year?

No way!. The PL can still be won. McHale is quite capable and Shafnisky is there to shake things up with is legs. Chick may use both and really have opposing DC's heads spinning.

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2013, 12:57 PM

Well the other thing is that there are so many Lehigh threads, and trash (ahem Lehigh) attracts flies... :D

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Well the other thing is that there are so many Lehigh threads, and trash (ahem Lehigh) attracts flies... :D

oh no. you have to kiss the ring in Lehigh threads you worthless troll.

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 01:10 PM
No way!. The PL can still be won. McHale is quite capable and Shafnisky is there to shake things up with is legs. Chick may use both and really have opposing DC's heads spinning.
My point wasn't that Matt wont be capable.Heck he could be another Luke. Nick can definitely rattle some cages. Neither will help our D. I would like to see both get snaps over the last 3 games. Given circumstances we are no longer the favorite but rather a long shot. We should use that to our advantage

Pards Rule
October 29th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Dont really care what you find interesting. We are all well aware of your feelings towards Lu and the PL,this thread the wrong place to spout your bilge. This is about a young man who waited 3 yrs to start and was having a great yr now ended by injury. Have at least some decency and save your rants for another PL thread.

Agreed. This is a sad fate and even with my hatred toward the Hawks do not wish to see this come down on any of the fine young men who dedicate themselves over the entire year. I'm aware of the hostility toward the PL but really we are a class unto ourselves. Where else can you find such elucidating bantering?

citdog
October 29th, 2013, 01:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRyIMqXA_o8

Lehigh'98
October 29th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Really is ashame as this kid did all the right things and was having a memorable year.

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Great toon citdog. This thread needed some levity.

Darlinikki150
October 29th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Its always a bad deal for a team when a great player gets hurt. Hoping he has a full recovery and can play again!

Fordham
October 29th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Sorry to hear this Lehigh fans. I was impressed him in our game.

Go...gate
October 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Painful injury for the young man. Sorry to hear this.

Bison 137, why did you give me negative rep for this post? What was the problem?

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Bison 137, why did you give me negative rep for this post? What was the problem?

He gave me one also. I have no idea why. He's a nice guy.

Go...gate
October 29th, 2013, 07:38 PM
I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone - I feel badly for the young man, and a broken collarbone IS a painful injury. I had a family member who suffered one and the convalescence was agony at times.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 29th, 2013, 09:31 PM

So being sorry is now me being a douchebag?

I guess it really does come naturally then because I dont want any player to get hurt.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 29th, 2013, 09:37 PM
He gave me one also. I have no idea why. He's a nice guy.

Its probably because you are being a real dick.....................I have too much class to neg rep you.........simply because you neg repped me. You east coast tools really fit the image like a glove.

xcoffeex

RichH2
October 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone - I feel badly for the young man, and a broken collarbone IS a painful injury. I had a family member who suffered one and the convalescence was agony at times.

You didn't Go,I'm sure it was an error. I'll talk to him soon and find out exactly what happened. Dont let the trolls bother you,just ignore them.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 29th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Serious question Rich, which country is Lehigh in?

and by football you really mean soccer right?

Darlinikki150
October 30th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Rich, thanks for the heads up. Good luck too your team, I'm not a Lehigh hater like most. Sucks when a young man plays his heart out and gets hurt, no one wins in that situation.

JimLU
October 30th, 2013, 04:48 AM
As usually, Carney has the best perspective on this thread....... east and west of the Mississippi.....

RichH2
October 30th, 2013, 09:54 AM
As usually, Carney has the best perspective on this thread....... east and west of the Mississippi.....

Perhaps so but dont forget its really just a couple of jerks out of lots of great fans both east and west.

dystopiamembrane
October 30th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Perhaps so but dont forget its really just a couple of jerks out of lots of great fans both east and west.Yay, FCS fans!

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 30th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Perhaps so but dont forget its really just a couple of jerks out of lots of great fans both east and west.

So just 2 on each side of the Mississippi?

Where did you get your education again? Maybe if you ever left the country of Lehigh you would realize the number of jerks is much closer to 17 than 2.

RichH2
October 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM
A note on injury front ,a bit more optimistic,Kondas doing well in agility drills. It would be great to get him back at inside LB.

ngineer
October 30th, 2013, 12:35 PM
A note on injury front ,a bit more optimistic,Kondas doing well in agility drills. It would be great to get him back at inside LB.

That is good news! Especially with another week and half before Holy Cross. D will be the key down the stretch.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM

Can I actually say that is good news without your Lehiditude acting up and Asa Packer rolling over in his grave??

RichH2
October 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM
True, certainly will help . Thurs 1st off week practice. Should give some indication of what coaches intend to do.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM
True, certainly will help . Thurs 1st off week practice. Should give some indication of what coaches intend to do.

Well if history is any indication, it probably doesnt matter what the coaches do................650–567–46 (.533)

xcoffeex

RichH2
October 30th, 2013, 02:28 PM
True enuf that ultimately it is what players do on the field. For coaches ,decide who plays and what schemes will be used.Little else that can be done this late in season

robsnotes4u
October 30th, 2013, 03:26 PM
That really sucks, and I am sorry to hear. Time for someone else to step up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

citdog
October 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM
True enuf that ultimately it is what players do on the field. For coaches ,decide who plays and what schemes will be used.Little else that can be done this late in season

true 'dat!

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/wigger-15344.jpg

ngineer
October 30th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Well if history is any indication, it probably doesnt matter what the coaches do................650–567–46 (.533)

xcoffeex

Yes, we've had an amazing run the past 40 years. You should see how bad we were back in the 1925-50 era, as well as the mid-60's. We were so far underwater it took your breath away. To be almost 100 games "to the good" at this stage of my life was 'unfathomable' in the 'deep sea days'.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 30th, 2013, 05:04 PM
That is an amazing story and I for one am amazed at how far your countries soccer team has come.

Keep up the good work and play on!

xthumbsupx

RichH2
October 30th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Go see our Griz friend's new thread mostly sophomoric but some funny photoshops. Griz, as I said before dont really care what you have to say. Feel free to post whatever you want ,just do it on your time not ours.

RichH2
October 30th, 2013, 06:06 PM
One warning if you go over to griz's thread. You must like puns. I do so a bunch of the posts are funny.

RichH2
October 31st, 2013, 07:20 PM
To cap off the thread, surgery was successful per BB's tweet