PDA

View Full Version : AGS Donations Challenge

paward
October 27th, 2013, 08:49 PM
We all enjoy the contents of this site. It is entertainment at it's best for our teams that don't get the same coverage and exposure as the FBS teams do. We will loose two teams that have been a lucrative and vocal part of this site. You all will be missed. For those of you who use this site as I do to stay informed please consider making a donation by clicking on Contribution Actions. I challenge you who are moving on to a different world to show your appreciation in a monetary sense. Those of us that will forever call this site home you are welcome to double down on your contributions as well. I just made a contribution in honor of the Georgia Southern vs Appalachian State FCS final football game. Please consider making a donation today. Any amount will help with the cost to keep this site going for a long time.

Oh, moderators can you please pin this post? Thanks for all you do for FCS football fans like me.

paward
October 28th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Hmm, thought you guys would be running over each other donating. Ok, I will have to resort to other tactics. Instead of a bump I will give you a financial word of the day.

Day 1, "Free lunch ain't free" someone has to pay for it.

Donate today!

McNeese75
October 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Done

FormerPokeCenter
October 28th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I tell ya what...I'm down with donating to help keep this site running...it won't be this week, though....

IBleedYellow
October 28th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I love AGS, but currently it's not the in cards. Soon enough though ;)

Twentysix
October 28th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I'm a repeat donation offender. :X

rokamortis
October 28th, 2013, 11:18 AM
So everyone may better understand how their contributions support the site - what are the monthly costs associated with hosting and managing the site?

Southern Bison
October 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM
So everyone may better understand how their contributions support the site - what are the monthly costs associated with hosting and managing the site?

1 Keg of Rolling Rock (delivered to UAH's basement apartment) & a subscription to Playboy. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM

It isn't really. I'll probably have laid out about a little over $1000 by the year is over with everything maybe a bit more because I've had lots of new things added and work done to clean up some old problems.

Personally I'll never ask any of you for money it just feels a bit off to me but I then feel odd because I may not be showing the proper appreciation for a poster like NoDak, TheRev, and paward who are trying to help me out here.

Last year the podcast sort of doubled up the expenses but this year it has began to carry it's own weight through advertising so that helps a lot.

Thank you if you have helped in any way around here but feel no need to dig into your pockets.xthumbsupx

See what I mean, now I'm tubing paward's efforts. I got issues man. xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
October 28th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Dude, if people donated $100 each, that's like $8.33 per month. Basically, you're cheaper than Netflix, with current, real-time, interactive content...

So......let us donate!

And, if you get too much in donations, I can provide you with a great charity or two who can always use the overflow donated to it! ;)

rokamortis
October 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
It isn't really. I'll probably have laid out about a little over $1000 by the year is over with everything maybe a bit more because I've had lots of new things added and work done to clean up some old problems.

Personally I'll never ask any of you for money it just feels a bit off to me but I then feel odd because I may not be showing the proper appreciation for a poster like NoDak, TheRev, and paward who are trying to help me out here.

Last year the podcast sort of doubled up the expenses but this year it has began to carry it's own weight through advertising so that helps a lot.

Thank you if you have helped in any way around here but feel no need to dig into your pockets.xthumbsupx

See what I mean, now I'm tubing paward's efforts. I got issues man. xlolx

$1,000 is pretty significant. This site is a great service to all FCS fans and you support with your time and money. I had issues with the former management but I really appreciate the site for what it is today.

Thank you.

rokamortis
October 28th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Dude, if people donated $100 each, that's like $8.33 per month. Basically, you're cheaper than Netflix, with current, real-time, interactive content...

So......let us donate!

And, if you get too much in donations, I can provide you with a great charity or two who can always use the overflow donated to it! ;)

There are 117 registered users online now. If each of us donated just $20 then that would be more than enough to pay for the expenses.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2013, 03:21 PM
$1,000 is pretty significant. This site is a great service to all FCS fans and you support with your time and money. I had issues with the former management but I really appreciate the site for what it is today.

Thank you.

Yes but many members have donated to help so that ain't all me. I didn't mean to make it look like that if I did. I think there was about $700-800 that many members chipped in last year.

paward
October 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Financial word of the day:

"You may not get everything in life that you pay for, but you will pay for everything you get."

Words of my 83 year old father. Donate today!

B.T.C.
November 4th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Hey all,

I'm very new to the site here, but wouldn't mind kicking in a few bucks (and would do more so over time if I visit frequently). Problem is, I'm having trouble finding where exactly I can go to make a donation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Hey all,

I'm very new to the site here, but wouldn't mind kicking in a few bucks (and would do more so over time if I visit frequently). Problem is, I'm having trouble finding where exactly I can go to make a donation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

At the top there is a great "DONATE!" Button. Click there and follow the instructions! :) xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Hey all,

Well there is a possibility you do not have it showing up yet since you are a new member. New members need to make 10 posts before all of the things on the board open up to them and I'll check to see if this is one of them. Your first 10 posts are moderated (looked at) prior to going on the board and once through that process everything is done as a regular member from then on. Welcome to the board, glad to have you here. Get to 10!

B.T.C.
November 4th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Well there is a possibility you do not have it showing up yet since you are a new member. New members need to make 10 posts before all of the things on the board open up to them and I'll check to see if this is one of them. Your first 10 posts are moderated (looked at) prior to going on the board and once through that process everything is done as a regular member from then on. Welcome to the board, glad to have you here. Get to 10!

Hmmm...maybe I need to fulfill my post quota to be a 'Full Member' before it shows? Otherwise, I'm just a tool and don't see it anywhere.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Hmmm...maybe I need to fulfill my post quota to be a 'Full Member' before it shows? Otherwise, I'm just a tool and don't see it anywhere.

Yes, that was what I was getting at as why you may not see it yet. I could have been more direct in the explanation. xlolx

Hell you only got 4 to go so you could be there shortly.

B.T.C.
November 4th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Yes, that was what I was getting at as why you may not see it yet. I could have been more direct in the explanation. xlolx

Hell you only got 4 to go so you could be there shortly.

Sorry, hadn't even read your reply. Was actually meaning to quote the prior response about the 'button up top'. Apologies, still feeling my way around the site and not just stalking xsmugx

Well, only three more to go until a donation! Woohoo! xlolx

B.T.C.
November 4th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Done. If I stick around, I'll certainly contribute more. Thanks for the effort you all put in.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Done. If I stick around, I'll certainly contribute more. Thanks for the effort you all put in.

A tip of the cap to you as well. Generous help from a newbie such as yourself and again glad to have you here at AGS.

lionsrking2
November 13th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Done!

BEAR
November 14th, 2013, 11:07 AM
WHat is the "banhammer" I see on some of the McNeese fans names?

Cancel that. I read about it.

McNeese75
November 22nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
WHat is the "banhammer" I see on some of the McNeese fans names?

Cancel that. I read about it.

You want my banhammer????? :D

Wallace
November 22nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
I just need to be rich and I can ban anyone I want on AGS? I love America! xeyebrowx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 22nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
I just need to be rich and I can ban anyone I want on AGS? I love America! xeyebrowx

The good ol' days huh?

I really don't think too many of the people that donated would be considered rich by most standard but they were more of a giving kind that wanted to help out a fellow member of this community raise money for cancer research.

I know you are trying to get in a dig but it ain't gonna resonate on this one.xthumbsupx

Wallace
November 29th, 2013, 12:49 PM

I know you are trying to get in a dig but it still doesn't resonate. Point is, you buy the right to ban someone (along with a charitable contribution). No money to give, no hammer. Have money to give, have hammer. Why give this hammer? Why not just applaud the contribution? It is unusual and pretty unheard of on popular boards. Sorry to express my opinion no matter how much you continue to diss me.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 29th, 2013, 01:08 PM
I know you are trying to get in a dig but it still doesn't resonate. Point is, you buy the right to ban someone (along with a charitable contribution). No money to give, no hammer. Have money to give, have hammer. Why give this hammer? Why not just applaud the contribution? It is unusual and pretty unheard of on popular boards. Sorry to express my opinion no matter how much you continue to diss me.

Find me a place where you have been dissed in which you didn't try and take a shot first and you simply got responded to in kind.

I won't be taking suggestions from you on how it should be ran around if it's all the same to you.

Wallace
November 29th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Find me a place where you have been dissed in which you didn't try and take a shot first and you simply got responded to in kind. I won't be taking suggestions from you on how it should be ran around if it's all the same to you.you should, I helped build this place from 0-10000 and you don't want me to post the things you said in the past so just let that remain.

I was being careful to explain my reasons for expecting people to pay to ban others, that's all.

Wallace
November 29th, 2013, 01:27 PM
BTW, donate to AGS... once if you can, twice is nice

ursus arctos horribilis
November 29th, 2013, 01:34 PM
you should, I helped build this place from 0-10000 and you don't want me to post the things you said in the past so just let that remain.

I was being careful to explain my reasons for expecting people to pay to ban others, that's all.

Please feel free to post anything I said in the past to you (start your own thread in the Lounge for it). I didn't like you, a good deal of us did not and I don't have anything to hide in that regard. You think you are holding something over me with that? xlolx

Wallace
November 29th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Please feel free to post anything I said in the past to you...

pfft... like what you said about my wife. No. and when you say "us" it is a good deal of what almost killed AGS. let it go

ursus arctos horribilis
November 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM
pfft... like what you said about my wife. No. and when you say "us" it is a good deal of what almost killed AGS. let it go

I didn't start it up.xlolx

Wallace
November 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM
BTW, donate to AGS... once if you can, twice is nice.

BisonBacker
December 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM
you should, I helped build this place from 0-10000 and you don't want me to post the things you said in the past so just let that remain.

And it was despite you that it survived. The board is better for not having you run it amok.

Wallace
December 6th, 2013, 12:37 PM
And it was despite you that it survived. The board is better for not having you run it amok.
LOL, I don't hold your clueless response against you... xcoffeex

danefan
December 8th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Did Ralph get banned again? If not too bad.

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 10:06 PM
LOL, I don't hold your clueless response against you... xcoffeex

Meth...a hell of a drug

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Did Ralph get banned again? If not too bad.

No, I have never banned him.