PDA

View Full Version : Most Significant Win/Loss Week 9

bjtheflamesfan
October 27th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Time for the weekly discussion...and frankly for the MSW I have to give a call out to Western Carolina. The Catamounts ended the longest losing streak in the FCS yesterday with a win over Elon...yes it didnt have major implications on the poll or playoff possibilities, but anyone who has followed the SoCon the last few years knows how big getting a win like this is for the program. For MSL, I went with Villanova, because that loss probably killed any remaining vestiges of hope for a playoff berth.

PAllen
October 27th, 2013, 10:07 PM
MSL: Lehigh

SUPharmacist
October 27th, 2013, 10:43 PM
MSL: Lehigh

Agreed

TigerFen
October 28th, 2013, 06:07 AM
I would say Maine gets the most significant win. It may put them ahead of Towson in at least one poll by the end of Today. Most Significant Loss is Lehigh. They're squandering any chance they have of playoff berth.

HensRock
October 28th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Lehigh wasn't even on my radar. I think they can still win the PL autobid since Fordham is not eligible for that.
I gave MSL to UNI.
MSW: Maine - I think they have all but clinched the CAA autobid if you look at their remaining schedule: Stony Brook, Albany, URI and then their only real hurdle remaining - UNH for the Musket.

kalm
October 28th, 2013, 08:05 AM
MSL: UNI - a very good team who will now probably miss the playoffs

MSW: EWU - first win at WGS since 2005 and against a top 10 (homer ism acknowledged)

FCS Go!
October 28th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Bethune-Cookman/Lehigh

Nova09
October 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Lehigh loss hardly significant at all. Significant to our perception of the PL, maybe, but they were never getting an at-large and they are in just as good a position for autobid today as they were Friday.

Villanova could definitely be most significant loss, but I've said it before and I'll say it again--I like their chances if they go 7-4 this year. That's even more true the way MVFC has become so jumbled.