PDA

View Full Version : NEC race for AQ

aceinthehole
October 27th, 2013, 05:51 PM
The race for the NEC Championship is wide open, and next week should provide some separation and clarity. Heading into the week, 5 of the 7 NEC teams are tied with 1 league loss.

- Bryant, CCSU, and RMU control their own destiny - if either wins out, they win the AQ.
- Duquesne loses tiebreaker to Bryant.
- Saint Francis loses tiebreaker to CCSU.
- Sacred Heart needs a lot of help.
- Wagner has been eliminated (as far as I can tell).

NEC Standings
Bryant (2-1)
Duquesne (2-1)
Central Connecticut State (1-1)
Robert Morris (1-1)
St. Francis (1-1)
----
Sacred Heart (2-2)
----
Wagner (1-3)

Nov. 2 NEC Games
Bryant at RMU (ESPN3)
CCSU at Wagner
SFPA at Duquesne

rmutv
October 27th, 2013, 08:10 PM
I don't believe Robert Morris holds their own destiny.

If Robert Morris wins out, they'd be 7-4, 5-1. To win out, they'd still have to beat Bryant, St. Francis, CCSU and Sacred Heart. By winning out, they'd eliminate those four teams - plus Wagner, who they just defeated - from contention as they would all have at least two conference losses.

But they would not eliminate Duquesne. The Dukes can still win out and finish 8-3, 5-1. Duquesne beat Robert Morris earlier this year, so the Dukes would have the head-to-head tiebreaker.

They'd share the NEC title, but Duquesne would go to the playoffs. Duquesne has to lose again for RMU to get the AQ.

aceinthehole
October 28th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I don't believe Robert Morris holds their own destiny.

If Robert Morris wins out, they'd be 7-4, 5-1. To win out, they'd still have to beat Bryant, St. Francis, CCSU and Sacred Heart. By winning out, they'd eliminate those four teams - plus Wagner, who they just defeated - from contention as they would all have at least two conference losses.

But they would not eliminate Duquesne. The Dukes can still win out and finish 8-3, 5-1. Duquesne beat Robert Morris earlier this year, so the Dukes would have the head-to-head tiebreaker.

They'd share the NEC title, but Duquesne would go to the playoffs. Duquesne has to lose again for RMU to get the AQ.

Good point. I guess just Bryant or CCSU can win out and not need any help.

In any case, the race is wide open (for now).