PDA

View Full Version : Colgate 34, Georgetown 14

Go...gate
October 26th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Colgate notches a win over the Hoyas in DC. Frankly thought it would be a lot closer and that Georgetown might very well defeat the Red Raiders.

TheValleyRaider
October 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Can't complain a great deal about a 20-point win, thought it never felt quite that far apart.

Biddle made some comments on the radio pregame about Georgetown's offense, looked pretty prescient once the game started and the Hoyas moved the ball fairly well.

Still have issues with turnovers, but we just might be one of those unlucky teams. If McCarney can see his health improve, there is no reason we can't run the table in League play.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Gate, stop trying to invent drama!

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Nice W Gate, knew you guys would cover the 9.5

ColgateTD
October 26th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Still have issues with turnovers, but we just might be one of those unlucky teams. If McCarney can see his health improve, there is no reason we can't run the table in League play.

I'd like to be optimistic, but after Bucknell's total domination of Lehigh today, as well as the Leopard's impressive win over Cross, it may be a rough road ahead. The Bison have a great defensive team; we have to really be up to beat them. Lehigh may have just had a bad game, but who thinks they are going to have another? Running the table will not be a walk in the park.

Go...gate
October 26th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Gate, stop trying to invent drama!

You mean me? Pard4Life, I have seen a hell of a lot of Red Raider football teams (my white hair offers mute testimony in this regard). This team is young, injured and rebuilding. I'm happy with ANY win this season.

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I'd like to be optimistic, but after Bucknell's total domination of Lehigh today, as well as the Leopard's impressive win over Cross, it may be a rough road ahead. The Bison have a great defensive team; we have to really be up to beat them. Lehigh may have just had a bad game, but who thinks they are going to have another? Running the table will not be a walk in the park.

No doubt it will not be easy, but I can't sit here now and say we're decided underdogs in any of these games. We won by a good margin today without looking great, which isn't by itself a bad thing. We get two out of these three at home, which should help (especially for the "getting up" part). And really, if they need help "getting up" for next week, after what BU just did, we probably don't deserve the title.

The PL this year is still not great, and arguably as unpredictable as it has ever been. I wouldn't feel comfortable naming anyone the favorite right now, so really, why not us?