PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 10

carney2
October 26th, 2013, 08:04 PM
What was it that the band played as Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown? Ah yes, “The World Turned Upside Down.” Play it again, Sam, for the Patriot League after one of the more miraculous weekends in the history of the League. It is now officially a real race to the finish. And there is no favorite.

Week 10 – November 2, 2013

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM

LAFAYETTE @ GEORGETOWN

Bye: LEHIGH

Patriot League vs. OOC:

AAC 1-0
CAA 3-5
Ivy 8-8
Mountain West 0-1
NEC 4-5
Pioneer 2-1

Most Impressive Win of the Week:

Part A: BUCKNELL 48, LEHIGH 10 – This week’s take home quiz, folks, is to name an in-League upset that was more spectacular than this - ever. Betcha can’t.

Part B: LAFAYETTE 41, HOLY CROSS 23 – Not many picking the Pards to win, but a blowout?!

Most Disappointing Loss of the Week:

See Parts A and B above and look at the losers.

Standings (Fordham counts):

Fordham 8-0, 2-0
Colgate 3-5, 2-0
Lafayette 2-5, 2-0
Lehigh 5-2, 1-2
Bucknell 3-4, 1-2
Holy Cross 3-6, 1-2
Georgetown 1-7, 0-3

carney2
October 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM
It's time to start thinking about it, so here's the way it plays out:

COLGATE 2-0
Bucknell
@ Lafayette
Lehigh
Fordham

LAFAYETTE 2-0
@ Georgetown
Colgate
Fordham
@ Lehigh

LEHIGH 1-1
Holy Cross
@ Colgate
Lafayette

Mathematically, others could enter into it I guess, but realistically this is the field headed to the wire for the League championship.
Everyone else has at least 2 League losses.

As you fill out your predictions, bear the following in mind:

Lafayette has apparently found a QB.

Lehigh has apparently lost a QB.

Colgate has a wounded QB.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Whoda thunk three weeks ago that the Game of the Week would be Bucknell at Colgate?!?

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 08:35 PM
If Lehigh drops a close one at Hamilton, and given that motivation seems to be an issue, can Lafayette potentially do what they did to us in 2008 and 2009?

That Colgate game could not have been scheduled on a better date.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Ok. Where's Bogie? It's his week!

Do we bring back the chalkboard? First appearance since RMU(?) and we won big....

carney2
October 26th, 2013, 08:38 PM
If Lehigh drops a close one at Hamilton, and given that motivation seems to be an issue, can Lafayette potentially do what they did to us in 2008 and 2009?

That Colgate game could not have been scheduled on a better date.

Change your Lafayette to Lehigh in the first sentence and you make more sense. First things first: Lafayette defensive coordinator John Loose needs to solve the Biddle riddle. He's been at it for 13 years and hasn't come close.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Well c2 we have beaten them at Fisher since 2009... and shoulda been 2007 but we Frankosaurd it away... and 2005 the ref screwed us. But, point being, we play Gate better in Easton than in Siberia.

carney2
October 26th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Well c2 we have beaten them at Fisher since 2009... and shoulda been 2007 but we Frankosaurd it away... and 2005 the ref screwed us. But, point being, we play Gate better in Easton than in Siberia.

But, giving up an average of 30 per game, no matter where it's played, says that the only way we beat them is to outscore them. I'm worried more about this than no. 149 @ Badman.

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Ok. Where's Bogie? It's his week!

Do we bring back the chalkboard? First appearance since RMU(?) and we won big....

Patience, my son.

Perhaps a trifecta - Frankosaurus Chalkboard, Kate Upton and incomprehensible FiOS ranting, all in one!

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Patience, my son.

Perhaps a trifecta - Frankosaurus Chalkboard, Kate Upton and incomprehensible FiOS ranting, all in one!

Haha. Very well. What the heck happened today? Worcester Charter had exclusive rights to broadcast?

It was not as egregious as the FIOS incident though... It's RCN territory, it was live, and the HC crew was pretty good.

ColgateTD
October 26th, 2013, 09:44 PM
It's time to start thinking about it, so here's the way it plays out:

COLGATE 2-0
Bucknell
@ Lafayette
Lehigh
Fordham

LAFAYETTE 2-0
@ Georgetown
Colgate
Fordham
@ Lehigh

LEHIGH 1-1
Holy Cross
@ Colgate
Lafayette

Mathematically, others could enter into it I guess, but realistically this is the field headed to the wire for the League championship.
Everyone else has at least 2 League losses.

As you fill out your predictions, bear the following in mind:

Lafayette has apparently found a QB.

Lehigh has apparently lost a QB.

Colgate has a wounded QB.

As an impartial observer I gotta say it looks like the Pards have the best shot, based on the schedule, momentum, and weather.

'Gate is not nearly as good as it's record indicates. :)

bonarae
October 26th, 2013, 09:47 PM
BUCKNELL @ COLGATE

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM

LAFAYETTE @ GEORGETOWN

ngineer
October 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Based on what I saw of Wesley today, Raiders are going to have their hands full. BU has played good D all year long. Now their O is running. Bison 34-27.

A couple weeks ago I thought Holy Cross could be one of the other teams that would have a shot against the Rams, on a day the Rams' alpha rhythms were in a trough. Now, that is quite unlikely. Plus the game is in the Bronx. Fordham fine tuning, 51-28.

Now Reed this...Frankasaurus has been dragged kicking and screaming into a new offensive dimension. The 'Twilight Zone" of "Multisport Field" will not effect the magnetic force of the rejuvenated Leotards. Laughyette, 42-17.

Lehigh awaits final medical report on Bialkowski while Coen consults with Dali Lama on why defense is so pacifistic.

carney2
October 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM
BUCKNELL @ COLGATE – The game of the week. I’d pay to see this one if you could get there from here. Coin toss came down on its edge so I finally figured that Mo will be wearing a white shirt this week after that Squawk bashing.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM – You have to be kidding. Still, there could be some offensive fireworks.

LAFAYETTE @ GEORGETOWN – Shouldn’t be much of a game unless the Leopards were all smoke and mirrors this past Saturday up in Woo.

LEHIGH will send a bus back to Buffalo at midweek to pick up what's left of its team.

CFBfan
October 27th, 2013, 07:30 AM
As an impartial observer I gotta say it looks like the Pards have the best shot, based on the schedule, momentum, and weather.

'Gate is not nearly as good as it's record indicates. :)
And you are the same guy that picked GU to beat Gate

bison137
October 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Here's a scenario for you for the remaining games:

Bucknell beats CU
Colgate beats LC
Lehigh beats CU
HC beats LU
LU beats LC
Georgetown loses out

Nothing impossible about the above, although not likely. If it were to happen, the final standings would be:

Bucknell 3-2
Colgate 3-2
Holy Cross 3-2
Lafayette 3-2
Lehigh 3-2

Assuming that none of the five beat Fordham - which would be the first possibly relevant tiebreaker - then the decision on who goes to the playoffs would be made by the Fordham and Georgetown AD's.

Sader87
October 27th, 2013, 10:33 AM

Bucknell beats CU
Colgate beats LC
Lehigh beats CU
HC beats LU
LU beats LC
Georgetown loses out

Nothing impossible about the above, although not likely. If it were to happen, the final standings would be:

Bucknell 3-2
Colgate 3-2
Holy Cross 3-2
Lafayette 3-2
Lehigh 3-2

Assuming that none of the five beat Fordham - which would be the first possibly relevant tiebreaker - then the decision on who goes to the playoffs would be made by the Fordham and Georgetown AD's.

They'd obviously have to choose their Jesuit cousins....you're right though, that isn't terribly far-fetched but I don't see the Saders winning in Engineer-country.

RichH2
October 27th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Actually fun to see various scenarios for PL title. Not as a LU fan ,mind you,xbawlingxbut for PL.

Gate over Bison. BU had their perfect game. Gate wont mail it in like we did.
FU with lots of points everywhere
Pards peaking no contest

Skyhawk71
October 27th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Bucknell @ Colgate
Holy Cross @ Fordham
Lafayette @ Georgetown

Bogus Megapardus
October 27th, 2013, 10:56 AM

Holy Crap - and I mean that literally. Amazingly, that scenario is not at all outside the realm of probability.

Given its supercilious attitude towards the rest of the Patriot League, Georgetown would choose a champion that would make itself look best, which would be Holy Cross. That's because Holy Cross is one of the schools mentioned in the Hoya fight song and . . . . well, you know the rest.

ColgateTD
October 27th, 2013, 11:05 AM
And you are the same guy that picked GU to beat Gate

Not true.

CFBfan
October 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Not true.

my apologies colgate td!! it was "go gate" picking the hoyas 28 - 26 over gate

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Change your Lafayette to Lehigh in the first sentence and you make more sense. First things first: Lafayette defensive coordinator John Loose needs to solve the Biddle riddle. He's been at it for 13 years and hasn't come close.

Colgate vs. Lafayette will be for the PL championship.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2013, 12:27 PM

Bucknell beats CU
Colgate beats LC
Lehigh beats CU
HC beats LU
LU beats LC
Georgetown loses out

Bucknell 3-2
Colgate 3-2
Holy Cross 3-2
Lafayette 3-2
Lehigh 3-2

Fordham is absolutely the first tiebreaker. So a win over the Rams would determine the autobid, assuming anyone can do it.

bison137
October 27th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Fordham is absolutely the first tiebreaker. So a win over the Rams would determine the autobid, assuming anyone can do it.

Yes, it's the first tiebreaker in a five-way tie. Not the tiebreaker in a two-way tie - and possibly not in a three-way tie.

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Given its supercilious attitude towards the rest of the Patriot League, Georgetown would choose a champion that would make itself look best, which would be Holy Cross. That's because Holy Cross is one of the schools mentioned in the Hoya fight song and . . . . well, you know the rest.

For those that don't know the rest, below are the schools cited in the Georgetown fight songs:

Virginia (dropped from later versions)
Yale
Navy
Cornell
Harvard
Princeton
Holy Cross

Trivia question: what was the only school that mentioned Georgetown in their fight song?

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2013, 06:06 PM
For those that don't know the rest, below are the schools cited in the Georgetown fight songs:

Virginia (dropped from later versions)
Yale
Navy
Cornell
Harvard
Princeton
Holy Cross

Trivia question: what was the only school that mentioned Georgetown in their fight song?

Fordham?

carney2
October 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I don't see the Saders winning in Engineer-country.

I do. Lehigh's defense is a shambles, and Pujals & Co. can make things happen. The two teams may wear out a scoreboard or two, but a Cross win is not out of the question.

Ivytalk
October 27th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Bucknell @ Colgate
Holy Cross @ Fordham
Lafayette @ Georgetown

Yep!

RichH2
October 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I do. Lehigh's defense is a shambles, and Pujals & Co. can make things happen. The two teams may wear out a scoreboard or two, but a Cross win is not out of the question.

Incorrect,our D was a shambles,now it is a cluster fck.xbadxxbangx

ngineer
October 27th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I see each one of Lehigh's remaining games as "toss-ups". We could win all three, lose all three or any combination in between. Breaking in a new QB will create some issues, at least in the first half of the Holy Cross game, timing, comfort level, etc. Whether it be McHale of Shafnisky, I think we should be able to score, but the defense is what concerns me.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I saw some statistic posted by a Lehigh person that Lehigh has actually been outscored by two points? I know many statistical models take margin of victory into account and such, and this does not bode well for Lehigh... I'd say the same for Lafayette, but our offense has probably, directly and indirectly, led to half of our surrendered points... and now we have a QB who can led the offense and score...

Go...gate
October 27th, 2013, 08:22 PM
my apologies colgate td!! it was "go gate" picking the hoyas 28 - 26 over gate

Yep - that would be me.

ngineer
October 27th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I saw some statistic posted by a Lehigh person that Lehigh has actually been outscored by two points? I know many statistical models take margin of victory into account and such, and this does not bode well for Lehigh... I'd say the same for Lafayette, but our offense has probably, directly and indirectly, led to half of our surrendered points... and now we have a QB who can led the offense and score...

Haven't done the math, but even if so, the selection process for the playoffs does not take that into account, otherwise, coaches would be running up the score in the fourth quarter.

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Fordham?

Virginia Tech's "VPI Victory March".

(However, they removed Georgetown and VMI from the song a couple of years ago and replaced them with West Virginia and Syracuse.)

Bogus Megapardus
October 28th, 2013, 02:43 AM
There is a rumor afoot that this weeks' Patriot League Pick 'em thread might offer a modest proposal for the modernization of the Hoya fight song.

Not that I would craft such a thing myself, of course . . . . xrolleyesx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Here's something else to think about:

With QB Nick Shafnisky getting his first snaps under center on the offense, all of the Patriot League schools not called Fordham have had freshmen come in at QB at some point and play.

Pujals and Reed are starters, Jake Melville of Colgate has started, C.J. Nitti has started and is the no-doubt-about-it No. 2 at Bucknell, Shafnisky at least has to be in the conversation to start in two weeks at Lehigh, and Barnes started as the only healthy QB for the Hoyas at one point.

Anyone want to still argue that scholarships don't make any difference? I believe every one of these QBs with the exception of Barnes is a scholarship player.

RichH2
October 28th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Yup,schollies matter. Would not be shocked to see Matt and Nick basically split time over the next 3 games. LU system will score points either way. More important,D must be fixed. Inasmuch as our DL is more suited to a 4-3,one way would be to cycle in a lot of 4-3 sets to at least try to control line of scrimmage. At this point tinkering with the D and expecting any improvement is useless. two months into season, the D is as porous as it was in the 1st week. D has no TOs since Princeton. Should be clear to DCs that ,no matter the why, the passive bend dont break approach does not work with these players. Trite but ture, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over ,expecting a different result. The theory behind that D is it will limit big plays. It hasn't this year. Time to go aggressive . Cannot be any worse and at least would get our D back in the game.

carney2
October 28th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Would not be shocked to see Matt and Nick basically split time over the next 3 games.

This statement seems to assume that Bialkowski is finished. Is this based on fact or assumption?

RichH2
October 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
This statement seems to assume that Bialkowski is finished. Is this based on fact or assumption?

Probability not fact yet. Realistically, even if just a separation, hard to figure he'll be back in 2 weeks. Perhaps by Gate. Sprain possible but given comments by players seems unlikely. We'll know for sure later today.

Bill
October 28th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Well, I took it on the chin last week with a 1-2 finish. This brings my total down to 31-15...

As for this week, my crystal ball sees:

Bucknell @ Colgate
Holy Cross @ Fordham
Lafayette @ Georgetown

crusader11
October 28th, 2013, 10:01 AM

Bucknell 3-2
Colgate 3-2
Holy Cross 3-2
Lafayette 3-2
Lehigh 3-2

A 4 in 5 chance that the winner of the PL auto-bid has a .500 record or worse -- that'd be something else. (Although, Bucknell could go 6-5 if they were to beat VMI in their final game.)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I'm trying to construct Bucknell's path to the autobid, and I'm having a rough time.

It seems like the scenarios involve 3,4, or 5 teams at 3-2, with Bucknell winning out, having all their competitors with 2 losses (and making sure it's not a 3-way tie with both Holy Cross and Lafayette, where they'd be eliminated head-to-head), and beating Fordham, which is the tiebreaker before going to the AD vote.

Basically, they need Lafayette to lose to both Colgate and Lehigh, Colgate to lose to Bucknell and Lehigh, and Holy Cross to lose once more.

The term "mathematically alive" leaps to mind. Furthermore, this might only be one or two possible scenarios we're talking about.

FordhamFan
October 28th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I am so terrible at Patriot League Pick 'Em it's hilarious. I clearly have no pulse of the league. Oh well, got to get back up on the horse.

Fordham over Holy Cross - Simply I was very nervous about this game about two weeks ago. Now, however, not so much. Fordham's tremendous play at home coupled with Holy Cross stumbling a bit of late makes me think blowout here. It's going to be a lot of points for the Rams, and I'm sure the Crusaders will get their fair share as well, because let's be real Fordham's defense is average and hidden by the great offense. The prediction of 51-28 sounded good, I say it's more along the lines of 55-24.

Lafayette over Georgetown - Lafayette, another team I absolutely have no clue what to think about. The Leopards very well could win the auto bid for the PL, and I certainly don't see the Hoyas tripping them up. I see something along the lines of 31-10 for this one. Drew Reed is a nice little player, look forward to seeing him in person when LC comes to the Bronx.

Bucknell over Colgate - Ah, this game. Such a big game. I've had zero confidence in Bucknell all year. Thought they were going to get thrasged at Dartmouth and at home against the Mountain Hawks. I was wrong both times. Every thought I have says no way the Bison travel all the way up to Hamilton and get a big win. But I'm officially employing the George Costanza opposite theory when it comes to Bucknell. I say the Bison take this one 27-24

carney2
October 28th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Drew Reed is a nice little player, look forward to seeing him in person when LC comes to the Bronx.

Next year and, actually, twice.

JimboCBA72
October 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=FordhamFan;2037691]I am so terrible at Patriot League Pick 'Em it's hilarious. I clearly have no pulse of the league. Oh well, got to get back up on the horse.

Lafayette over Georgetown - Lafayette, another team I absolutely have no clue what to think about. The Leopards very well could win the auto bid for the PL, and I certainly don't see the Hoyas tripping them up. I see something along the lines of 31-10 for this one. Drew Reed is a nice little player, look forward to seeing him in person when LC comes to the Bronx./QUOTE]

uh, if you want to see him in person you better make plans to get to Easton. We visit Leps this year and close out the regular season with a trip to Colgate.

TheValleyRaider
October 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM
1-2 last week, because of course. 27-19 overall, which is possibly on pace to be the worst picking record I've had (that sounds like math, which I never cared for). Probably the most parity I've seen across the League (Fordham excepted).

Bucknell at Colgate Colgate Suddenly, the Patriot League Game of the Century of the Week. When we build narratives in sports, wins like BU's over Lehigh tend to be the signature win that coaches and programs are looking for. Long losing streak snapped in an emphatic fashion? Who wouldn't take that? Speaking of long losing streaks, 6 in a row to the 'Gate is now Bucknell's longest current League streak. Is this deja vu all over again? Not so fast, my friend. Hamilton is a long way from Lewisburg (or anything else, really), and with McCarney getting healthier, the Raiders will be a decided favorite. Defense and special teams still leave plenty of opportunities for an opportunistic Bison team, but these are also the same Bison who already got hammered by Cornell and Holy Cross, two teams in the Colgate win column.

Holy Cross at Fordham Fordham Well, I certainly would have guessed the Crusaders might take their gut-wrenching loss to Colgate hard, but getting blown out by Lafayette? Some of it was the Leopards, sure, but holy cow fellas. Still work to be done in Worcester for the only mathematically alive Cross, though taking yourself down to the Bronx seems like a recipe for a moral victory at best. Meanwhile, the Rams get their week off, and resume their unofficial title campaign. No doubt they will feel scorn that another PL squad gets to share their glory as "champions" with a trophy and what not. With a week to prep and focus, I expect a solid performance here for the Rams before their big matchup with Bucknell next week.

Lafayette at Georgetown Lafayette The Great Freshman QB of 2013 torch has been passed! Sterling debut for Ross and the Leopards, as their rough OOC performance has of course led to an unbeaten start (much like Colgate). With destiny in their hands the Leopards look to end their own losing streak, having dropped 3 in a row to the Hoyas. Is this the year the Leopards take their rightful, televised place over their recent Hoya overlords? Or does another curse lurk in the twisted annals of Leopard Football? Admittedly, I liked some things I saw from Georgetown's offense, though Lafayette has a better defense. I'll take the Leopards to snap the streak, and get set for their season-ending gauntlet in (a tie for) first place.

Pard4Life
October 28th, 2013, 07:03 PM
A FIOS guy was next door conducting an installation. I was tempted to walk on over and get in the cable guy's face, but I doubt he would have any idea what I was talking about... or that FIOS even televised Georgetown football. That 5am replay spot is prime time!

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2013, 07:40 PM
A FIOS guy was next door conducting an installation. I was tempted to walk on over and get in the cable guy's face, but I doubt he would have any idea what I was talking about... or that FIOS even televised Georgetown football. That 5am replay spot is prime time!

Never let facts get in the way of a good Lafayette story.

FioS hasn't televised any games since the contract expired in 2011.

ngineer
October 28th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Yup,schollies matter. Would not be shocked to see Matt and Nick basically split time over the next 3 games. LU system will score points either way. More important,D must be fixed. Inasmuch as our DL is more suited to a 4-3,one way would be to cycle in a lot of 4-3 sets to at least try to control line of scrimmage. At this point tinkering with the D and expecting any improvement is useless. two months into season, the D is as porous as it was in the 1st week. D has no TOs since Princeton. Should be clear to DCs that ,no matter the why, the passive bend dont break approach does not work with these players. Trite but ture, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over ,expecting a different result. The theory behind that D is it will limit big plays. It hasn't this year. Time to go aggressive . Cannot be any worse and at least would get our D back in the game.

Agreed. I think scrapping the 3-4 may be worth a shot. Something has to be done shake up the DL front to get more pressure/penetration. While secondary is bad, not having any pass rush makes it worse.

ngineer
October 28th, 2013, 07:51 PM

Assumptions at this point, but with the ice packs placed up high around the collar, it looked more like a collarbone than a shoulder. Even if not a fx collarbone, a separated THROWING shoulder aint going to be ready in two weeks.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2013, 01:29 PM
After letting it rattle throughout my brain, I think there's only two scenarios where Bucknell can snare the autobid - a 5-team, 3-2 situation, ideally with a win over Fordham.

Did you know every member of the "PL six" is mathematically still alive for the autobid?

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2013, 01:41 PM
After letting it rattle throughout my brain, I think there's only two scenarios where Bucknell can snare the autobid - a 5-team, 3-2 situation, ideally with a win over Fordham.

Did you know every member of the "PL six" is mathematically still alive for the autobid?

But only six.

xbadx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2013, 02:12 PM
But only six.

xbadx

The Six includes Georgetown.

Scenario:

Georgetown: Lafayette (W), Bucknell (W), Holy Cross (W) 3-2
Colgate: Bucknell (L), Lafayette (W), Lehigh (L), Fordham (L) 3-2
Lehigh: Holy Cross (L), Colgate (W), Lafayette (L) 2-3
Lafayette: Georgetown (L), Colgate (L), Fordham (L), Lehigh (W) 3-2
Bucknell: Colgate (W), Georgetown (L) 2-3
Holy Cross: Lehigh (W), Georgetown (L) 2-3

Georgetown/Colgate/Lafayette 1-1 against each other, all lost to Fordham, would come down to AD vote.

There is a similar scenario with Lehigh and Lafayette. A four-way tie scenario would include Lehigh and Colgate together, and the Hoyas would have gone 1-2 against them, eliminating them.

I have to admit I thought there was a better scenario.

Lehigh'98
October 29th, 2013, 02:40 PM
This year is as wide open as I can ever remember at this point in the season. There is no clear cut favorite. I have Lafayette as mine because I think they have the best D of the group.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2013, 03:13 PM
As a matter of fact, to help Lehigh, I have no clue what to root for. Bucknell and Georgetown for upsets, just so Lehigh/Lafayette/Colgate all have a loss in league play? Maybe something to slow down Colgate and/or Lafayette momentum?

It doesn't feel that important from the Mountain Hawk perspective, as Lehigh would need to win the rest to win the title anyway.

For that matter, if Holy Cross were to shock the world and beat Fordham, wouldn't that harm the league more than it would help it?

carney2
October 29th, 2013, 04:06 PM
If the "favorites" (Colgate and Lafayette) win this week, only two two teams (Bucknell and Georgetown) will be removed from the cluster f@#k. This has a way to go.

ngineer
October 29th, 2013, 04:43 PM
If the "favorites" (Colgate and Lafayette) win this week, only two two teams (Bucknell and Georgetown) will be removed from the cluster f@#k. This has a way to go.

To quote William Bendix, "What a revoltin' development!" This says it all about getting a few more teams in the league.

Sader87
October 29th, 2013, 04:55 PM
What schools would be a good fit to join the PL for football????

I kid....still smahtin' from Saturday...though the Sox have alleviated that a tad this week.

Go...gate
October 29th, 2013, 07:41 PM
What schools would be a good fit to join the PL for football????

I kid....still smahtin' from Saturday...though the Sox have alleviated that a tad this week.

Most of them dropped football.... xoopsx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2013, 12:24 PM
I thought the best way to bump up this thread was to mention to Bogie that Cheeburger Cheeburger just had its ribbon-cutting in Easton today. Openly wondering if he and Frank the Tank are there at the opening sharing a milkshake.

RichH2
October 30th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Good to know for future reference. Anyone know if it is any good? I will travel for a good cheeseburgerxbowx

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I thought the best way to bump up this thread was to mention to Bogie that Cheeburger Cheeburger just had its ribbon-cutting in Easton today. Openly wondering if he and Frank the Tank are there at the opening sharing a milkshake.

Where is it? I know when I was in Fargo, Frank rounded up Jack Bourger (a big Pard football booster who the field house is named after) the morning of the NDSU game (it was at 6PM) and went over a block to eat a few burgers at a place he raved about! Was near the Radisson but I cant remember the name!

ngineer
October 30th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Good to know for future reference. Anyone know if it is any good? I will travel for a good cheeseburgerxbowx
Will have to travel down there, maybe tomorrow to sample the 'bill of fare' and compare with Five Guys, who have a place just a mile and a half up the road from my office. I'm surrounded!!xnodx

ngineer
October 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Where is it? I know when I was in Fargo, Frank rounded up Jack Bourger (a big Pard football booster who the field house is named after) the morning of the NDSU game (it was at 6PM) and went over a block to eat a few burgers at a place he raved about! Was near the Radisson but I cant remember the name!

I think it is right on Northampton Street in the 300 block.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Cheeburger Cheeburger in Fairless Hills is one of my all-time favorite places to have a burger. It's a chain but they make a damned good burger. Thankfully my son is in love with the place too so I get to go there a couple times a year.

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I think it is right on Northampton Street in the 300 block.

Thanks - maybe jack ought to open up Bourger's Burgers!! :)

RichH2
October 30th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Will have to travel down there, maybe tomorrow to sample the 'bill of fare' and compare with Five Guys, who have a place just a mile and a half up the road from my office. I'm surrounded!!xnodx

Lucky fella. Five Guys pretty good. Shake Shack in Bkln very good. NYc a plethora of good burgers but love to find new places. Let us know if it s as good as its name would suggest.xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5026/djl.gif

HEY BOYS AND GIRLS, IT'S FiOS WEEK UP IN OL' PARDSVILLE -
AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS !!

WE'LL GET INTO SOME OF THE DETALIS AND A BIT OF THE SORDID HISTORY BEHIND THIS
STORIED RIVALRY IN A FEW POSTS. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IT CENTERS AROUND
TELEVISION BROADCASTS FROM GEORGETOWN'S MULTI-SPORT FIELD - OR, MORE
ACCURATELY, THE LACK THEREOF.

BUT I AIM TO BE FAIR AND BALANCED TOWARDS THE HOYAS SO I REALLY MUST BEGIN BY
ANNOUNCING THE GEORGETOWN HAS INSTALLED A BRAND NEW PRESS BOX AT MULTI-SPORT
FIELD - AND IT WAS PUT IN JUST FOR THE LAFAYETTE GAME!!! WHAT'S MOST IMPRESSIVE
ABOUT THIS ACHIEVEMENT IS GEORGETOWN'S DEDICATION TO THE ENVIRONMENT:
IT APPEARS THAT THEY'VE REPURPOSED THE SANITARY FACILITIES THAT THEY STOLE FROM
THE NATIONAL PARKS SERVICE DURING THE SHUTDOWN WHEN THE HOYAS HOSTED
PRINCETON A FEW WEEKS BACK.

SO HERE IT IS - THE BRAND NEW SANDRA FLUKE COMMEMORATIVE PRESS BOX AT MSF!!

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2412/bj4x.png

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2013, 01:49 PM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5026/djl.gif

HEY BOYS AND GIRLS, IT'S FiOS WEEK UP IN OL' PARDSVILLE -
AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS !!

WE'LL GET INTO SOME OF THE DETALIS AND A BIT OF THE SORDID HISTORY BEHIND THIS
STORIED RIVALRY IN A FEW POSTS. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IT CENTERS AROUND
TELEVISION BROADCASTS FROM GEORGETOWN'S MULTI-SPORT FIELD - OR, MORE
ACCURATELY, THE LACK THEREOF.

BUT I AIM TO BE FAIR AND BALANCED TOWARDS THE HOYAS SO I REALLY MUST BEGIN BY
ANNOUNCING THE GEORGETOWN HAS INSTALLED A BRAND NEW PRESS BOX AT MULTI-SPORT
FIELD - AND IT WAS PUT IN JUST FOR THE LAFAYETTE GAME!!! WHAT'S MOST IMPRESSIVE
ABOUT THIS ACHIEVEMENT IS GEORGETOWN'S DEDICATION TO THE ENVIRONMENT:
IT APPEARS THAT THEY'VE REPURPOSED THE SANITARY FACILITIES THAT THEY STOLE FROM
THE NATIONAL PARKS SERVICE DURING THE SHUTDOWN WHEN THE HOYAS HOSTED
PRINCETON A FEW WEEKS BACK.

SO HERE IT IS - THE BRAND NEW SANDRA FLUKE COMMEMORATIVE PRESS BOX AT MSF!!

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2412/bj4x.png

LOVE IT!! Isnt this kind of what the locals were shooting at 75 years ago tonight in the woods at Grovers Mill, NJ (part of West Windsor Twp)???

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Wanted to point out too that Kevin Kelly took a Frank quote about a "ridiculous style" and ran with it.

http://blogs.mcall.com/sports/2013/10/filling-up-the-bulletin-board-can-be-ridiculous.html

Bogie's dream is coming true: Lafayette/Georgetown is becoming a sort-of rivalry. With a little r.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Wanted to point out too that Kevin Kelly took a Frank quote about a "ridiculous style" and ran with it.

http://blogs.mcall.com/sports/2013/10/filling-up-the-bulletin-board-can-be-ridiculous.html

Bogie's dream is coming true: Lafayette/Georgetown is becoming a sort-of rivalry. With a little r.

Georgetown is no rival... they are an annoying pest that we find creative methods to lose to, mainly due to our own faults and Frankosaur tactics.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Lafayette can potentially blow these guys out of the water... I'm talking 30+ point victory. We may see Frankosaurus in action because Reed can adequetely open up the run with the pass. That's the secret to making Tavani's offense work: the pass opens up the run, not vice versa. He THINKS that the run opens up the pass, but the evidence is evident.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/382/1piz.png

I'M SO PLEASED THAT THE PRESIDENT OF MY ALMA MATER, JOHN DE GIOIA, THINKS SO MUCH OF MY 'WORK' THAT HE'S DEDICATED A NEW PRESS BOX IN MY HONOR - FROM NOW ON KNOWN AS THE FLUKE !!! . . . . BESIDES, THERE'S NO WAY I WAS GOING TO LET THAT MISOGYNIST STERLING ARCHER BEAT ME OUT FOR NAMING RIGHTS. I'M MUCH MORE FAMOUS OF A GRADUATE THAN THAN HE.

MY DUTIES AS A PROTOCOL OFFICER IN THE WAR ON WOMEN KEPT ME FROM ACTUALLY WITNESSING A 'FOOTBALL CONTEST' DURING MY FOURTEEN CONSECUTIVE YEARS AS A PUBLIC INTEREST SCHOLARSHIP STUDENT AT GEORGETOWN. I AM NEVERTHELESS PLEASED, IN MY CAPACITY AS AN ATTORNEY, TO RELATE TO YOU THE HISTORY OF AND UNBIASED FACTS ABOUT WHAT HAS COME TO BE KNOWN AS 'THE FiOS GAME.'

SEVERAL YEARS AGO DR. DE GIOIA AND I DECIDED IT WOULD BE BEST TO EVOLVE/TRANSITION/PIVOT GEORGETOWN'S 130 YEAR OLD FOOTBALL PROGRAM TO PLAY A 'STEP BELOW' THE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SUBDIVISION IN WHICH IT PREVIOUSLY HAD COMPETED. THAT WAY MORE RESOURCES COULD BE DEVOTED TO FREE CONTRACEPTIVE SERVICES AND THE ERADICATION OF RACISM AMONGST THE RURAL ICELANDIC PYGMY POPULATION. THE TRANSITION TO A STEP BELOW FCS MEANT THAT GEORGETOWN FOOTBALL HAD TO FACE SOMETHING CALLED 'LAFAYETTE COLLEGE.' I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT AND, AS SOCIALLY AND POLITICALLY CONSCIOUS GLOBAL CITIZENS, NEITHER SHOULD YOU HAVE HEARD OF IT.

ANYHOW IT SEEMS AS IF LAFAYETTE HAS A FOOTBALL TEAM TOO AND THEY WANTED TO BRING TELEVISION CAMERAS ONTO CAMPUS. THEY SAID THAT THEY JUST WANTED THEIR STUDENTS AND ALUMNI TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE GAME BACK WHEREVER THEY COME FROM. BUT I KNEW THAT THEY WERE SPIES FOR FOX NEWS AND THEY WANTED TO INFILTRATE THE IMPORTANT RESEARCH I WAS DOING ABOUT THE EVILS COMMITTED BY THE RAPACIOUS CORPORATE FEMININE HYGIENE INDUSTRY. SO I MADE UP A BULLCRAP STORY ABOUT VERIZON FiOS HAVING EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO TELEVISION BROADCASTS OF FOOTBALL AT GEORGETOWN. I KNOW THAT FiOS HAD NO INTENTION TO BROADCAST THE GAME - IN FACT FiOS DIDN'T EVEN FILM THE GAME - BUT WHO CARES? GEORGETOWN IS GEORGETOWN AND WHO AND/OR WHAT THE EFF IS LAFAYETTE? THERE WOULD BE NOTHING LAFAYETTE COULD DO ABOUT IT AND NOTHING LAFAYETTE SAID OR DID WOULD EVER HAVE ANY IMPACT. THEY'RE JUST NOT IMPORTANT TO US.

SO I USED THE MULTI-SPORT FIELD RENOVATION ENDOWMENT TO PAY FIVE PROTOLESBIAN MMA PROFESSIONALS TO ROUGH UP THE LAFAYETTE CAMERAMEN WHEN THEY ARRIVED AND SEND THE BROADCAST TEAM PACKING. YEAH, LIKE THEY WERE EVER GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

PLEASE STAY TUNED, I'LL HAVE MORE REPORTS FROM UP IN THE FLUKE LATER ON!!

ngineer
October 30th, 2013, 04:58 PM
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/382/1piz.png

I'M SO PLEASED THAT THE PRESIDENT OF MY ALMA MATER, JOHN DE GIOIA, THINKS SO MUCH OF MY 'WORK' THAT HE'S DEDICATED A NEW PRESS BOX IN MY HONOR - FROM NOW ON KNOWN AS THE FLUKE !!! . . . . BESIDES, THERE'S NO WAY I WAS GOING TO LET THAT MISOGYNIST STERLING ARCHER BEAT ME OUT FOR NAMING RIGHTS. I'M MUCH MORE FAMOUS OF A GRADUATE THAN THAN HE.

MY DUTIES AS A PROTOCOL OFFICER IN THE WAR ON WOMEN KEPT ME FROM ACTUALLY WITNESSING A 'FOOTBALL CONTEST' DURING MY FOURTEEN CONSECUTIVE YEARS AS A PUBLIC INTEREST SCHOLARSHIP STUDENT AT GEORGETOWN. I AM NEVERTHELESS PLEASED, IN MY CAPACITY AS AN ATTORNEY, TO RELATE TO YOU THE HISTORY OF AND UNBIASED FACTS ABOUT WHAT HAS COME TO BE KNOWN AS 'THE FiOS GAME.'

SEVERAL YEARS AGO DR. DE GIOIA AND I DECIDED IT WOULD BE BEST TO EVOLVE/TRANSITION/PIVOT GEORGETOWN'S 130 YEAR OLD FOOTBALL PROGRAM TO PLAY A 'STEP BELOW' THE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SUBDIVISION IN WHICH IT PREVIOUSLY HAD COMPETED. THAT WAY MORE RESOURCES COULD BE DEVOTED TO FREE CONTRACEPTIVE SERVICES AND THE ERADICATION OF RACISM AMONGST THE RURAL ICELANDIC PYGMY POPULATION. THE TRANSITION TO A STEP BELOW FCS MEANT THAT GEORGETOWN FOOTBALL HAD TO FACE SOMETHING CALLED 'LAFAYETTE COLLEGE.' I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT AND, AS SOCIALLY AND POLITICALLY CONSCIOUS GLOBAL CITIZENS, NEITHER SHOULD YOU HAVE HEARD OF IT.

ANYHOW IT SEEMS AS IF LAFAYETTE HAS A FOOTBALL TEAM TOO AND THEY WANTED TO BRING TELEVISION CAMERAS ONTO CAMPUS. THEY SAID THAT THEY JUST WANTED THEIR STUDENTS AND ALUMNI TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE GAME BACK WHEREVER THEY COME FROM. BUT I KNEW THAT THEY WERE SPIES FOR FOX NEWS AND THEY WANTED TO INFILTRATE THE IMPORTANT RESEARCH I WAS DOING ABOUT THE EVILS COMMITTED BY THE RAPACIOUS CORPORATE FEMININE HYGIENE INDUSTRY. SO I MADE UP A BULLCRAP STORY ABOUT VERIZON FiOS HAVING EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO TELEVISION BROADCASTS OF FOOTBALL AT GEORGETOWN. I KNOW THAT FiOS HAD NO INTENTION TO BROADCAST THE GAME - IN FACT FiOS DIDN'T EVEN FILM THE GAME - BUT WHO CARES? GEORGETOWN IS GEORGETOWN AND WHO AND/OR WHAT THE EFF IS LAFAYETTE? THERE WOULD BE NOTHING LAFAYETTE COULD DO ABOUT IT AND NOTHING LAFAYETTE SAID OR DID WOULD EVER HAVE ANY IMPACT. THEY'RE JUST NOT IMPORTANT TO US.

SO I USED THE MULTI-SPORT FIELD RENOVATION ENDOWMENT TO PAY FIVE PROTOLESBIAN MMA PROFESSIONALS TO ROUGH UP THE LAFAYETTE CAMERAMEN WHEN THEY ARRIVED AND SEND THE BROADCAST TEAM PACKING. YEAH, LIKE THEY WERE EVER GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

PLEASE STAY TUNED, I'LL HAVE MORE REPORTS FROM UP IN THE FLUKE LATER ON!!

Did she play 'tight end'?...

FordhamFan
October 30th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Lucky fella. Five Guys pretty good. Shake Shack in Bkln very good. NYc a plethora of good burgers but love to find new places. Let us know if it s as good as its name would suggest.xthumbsupx

If you're from NYC, The Spotted Pig has perhaps the best burger in the City. Mind blowing.

RichH2
October 30th, 2013, 06:52 PM
If you're from NYC, The Spotted Pig has perhaps the best burger in the City. Mind blowing.
Epic burgers for sure. My W swears they will kill me.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Week 10 Sportsbook:

Fordham (-20) vs Holy Cross o/u 69

Yale (-27) vs Columbia o/u 41

Brown (-4˝) vs Penn o/u 50

Lafayette (-16) at Georgetown o/u 51

Princeton (-17˝) vs Cornell o/u 69

Colgate (-6˝) vs Bucknell o/u 47

Harvard (-13˝) vs Dartmouth o/u 62

UNHWildcat18
October 30th, 2013, 08:37 PM
I never really have understood this but, I know Ivy's have their own conference at fcs not fbs but Georgetown like them has an endowment of over 1 billion dollars, I know its one thing to ask them since they are great at most D1 sports to be Some big time FBS football school but there is absolutely no reason why they couldnt have first class FCS facilities for football with a 15-20k stadium to fund a 63 scholarship team. Do they not give a **** that much? Do they really not care what anyone thinks of their horrid program? Not like they can't find Rivals.

carney2
October 30th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Do they not give a **** that much? Do they really not care what anyone thinks of their horrid program?

Pretty much, but DFW will go paranoid bonkers, so...wait for it.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Do they really not care what anyone thinks of their horrid program?

The one thing we know for certain is that Georgetown could not care less what what its fellow Patriot League members think of it.

DFW HOYA
October 31st, 2013, 05:44 AM
I never really have understood this but, I know Ivy's have their own conference at fcs not fbs but Georgetown like them has an endowment of over 1 billion dollars, I know its one thing to ask them since they are great at most D1 sports to be Some big time FBS football school but there is absolutely no reason why they couldnt have first class FCS facilities for football with a 15-20k stadium to fund a 63 scholarship team. Do they not give a **** that much? Do they really not care what anyone thinks of their horrid program? Not like they can't find Rivals.

The short(er) version of all this:

Georgeown has struggled to maintain facilities for all sports, not just football. Only seven of its 29 sports (most of any Big East school) are on campus as s result. Basketball is housed in an aging 60+ year old gymnasium and has had to play off campus for over 30 years because, in part, the Big East ruled the gym obsolete for hosting games. The school raised approx. $12 million of the $22 million needed to build a new stadium to replace a strange and arcane field it used to play on (built on the roof of its rec center), but the project stalled during construction over other building priorities, some of which are exacerbated by local neighborhood groups which control zoning decisions.

The period under Georgetown president Jack DeGioia, a former GU football player, has been a period of stability and growth after losses of $350 million in its hospital put the University in a tenuous financial position in the late 1990's. But as one of only 30 schools nationally which commit to offer need-blind, 100% full need admissions (at an institutional cost of over $80 million annually), writing a check for 60 merit based football scholarships is a difficult argument to sell, and the coaching staff ultimately knows it.

Georgetown has the equivalent of only 60 scholarships across all its men's sports and doubling that number just for one sport--and with a limited reach in the Patriot League-- has never caught much momentum. Adding four additional scholarships helped advanced Georgetown men's soccer from a middle of the road program to the NCAA championship game last season. Could four scholarships do the same for football? Not even close.

Can it do more? Absolutely. But things move slowly at a place where there are so many moving parts, and where the endowment remains undersized relative to its peers in the Ivy and among schools like Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, et al.

PAllen
October 31st, 2013, 05:55 AM
Fordham
Lafayette
Bucknell

CFBfan
October 31st, 2013, 07:18 AM

fordhamfan, where is the spotted pig??

Fordham
October 31st, 2013, 08:09 AM

http://thespottedpig.com/

CFBfan
October 31st, 2013, 08:47 AM
thanks!

RichH2
October 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM

West 11th and Greenwich

ColgateTD
October 31st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Lafayette over the Georgetown "Continuing Resolution" Hoyas
Fordham over the Holy "er than thou" Crusaders
Colgate over the Bucknell "on the endangered list" Bison

33-13

Sader87
October 31st, 2013, 11:00 AM
The HAL-9000 and I are both a little groggy after last night's Sox celebration. It is Thursday though and duty calls:

Lafayette 27 GTown 16 The Pards come back to Earth a bit in DC. However, they have too much talent to be tripped up here and have the added incentive of having lost to the Hoyas three years running now.

Colgate 30 Bucknell 27 Same sort of reasoning from HAL here as well, very impressed with what the Bison have done the last couple of weeks but the honeymoon ends in a very close game at Andy Kerr.

Fordham 38 Holy Cross 28 Look for an inspired effort out of the Saders but Fordham is just on another level this year and will pull away late.

Fordhamanhattan
October 31st, 2013, 11:21 AM
SPotted Pig is an overrated hipster precious joint, Save your $

RichH2
October 31st, 2013, 11:35 AM
SPotted Pig is an overrated hipster precious joint, Save your $

LOL not quite that bad, but the burgers are great.

Bill
October 31st, 2013, 12:17 PM
CB Fan - not sure how familiar you are with NYC - if you are I apologize - but if you're not, the Spotted Pig is nowhere near Fordham. If you are not used to being in NYC, the two places might as well be on different planets!

If you were heading to Fordham, I believe one poster recommended Arthur Avenue & some good Italian food...a solid choice in my opinion if you're starting the day off at Fordham....

CFBfan
October 31st, 2013, 01:56 PM
CB Fan - not sure how familiar you are with NYC - if you are I apologize - but if you're not, the Spotted Pig is nowhere near Fordham. If you are not used to being in NYC, the two places might as well be on different planets!

If you were heading to Fordham, I believe one poster recommended Arthur Avenue & some good Italian food...a solid choice in my opinion if you're starting the day off at Fordham....

thanks Bill, I'm very familiar but appreciatiate you reaching out.

RichH2
October 31st, 2013, 03:04 PM

Nothing quite like the aroma on Arthur Ave. We still go by every coiple of weeks fro my Italian bread fix and W's addiction to sfoigatella and canolli.

CFBfan
October 31st, 2013, 03:51 PM
Nothing quite like the aroma on Arthur Ave. We still go by every coiple of weeks fro my Italian bread fix and W's addiction to sfoigatella and canolli.

nothing better rich!!!

RichH2
October 31st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Heading over in a few to get some pastries as a bribe for W together with why tonites Dolphin's game is a must see.

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2013, 04:12 PM
`

OK, LISTEN UP, YOU PANTYWAISTS !!!

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4393/w0l0.png

I'M GONNA PUT A LID ON THESE RIDICULOUS RUMORS HERE AND NOW. FIRST OFF, THE ONLY PLACE TO GET A DECENT CHEESEBURGER (LIKE MINE) IS AT THE EASTON BAKING COMPANY - WHERE I BUY EXTRA DONUTS FOR THE OFFENSIVE LINE . THEY MAKE A 100% SIRLOIN BACON CHEESE CRULLER THAT'LL REALLY GROW SOME HAIR ON YOUR NUTS. YOU CAN SAVE ALL THAT NAMBY-PAMBY, HIGHFALUTIN GREENWICH VILLAGE CRAP FOR YOUR IVY LEAGUE TYPES AND OTHER ASSORTED LIGHTWEIGHTS.

SECOND OF ALL, I'VE READ ALL THESE GEORGETOWN EXCUSES AND NOT A ONE OF THEM COULD SCRAPE THE BARNACLES OFF MY JOCK STRAP. I MEAN, BOO-FRIGGITY-HOO, WE NEED MONEY FOR SOCCER SCHOLARSHIPS? DID YOU EVER WATCH A SOCCER GAME? IT'S LIKE WATCHING THE MOLD GROW ON YOUR SHOWER TILES. AND DOCTOR JOHN 'A STEP BELOW' DE GIOIA WAS A FOOTBALL PLAYER? THAT'S LIKE SAYING THE BOIL ON MY ARSE IS A REMBRANDT. THE HOYAS CAN'T RECRUIT? NONSENSE. GEORGETOWN IS A HOUSEHOLD NAME. THEY SELL MORE BRANDED HATS IN COMPTON ALONE THAN ALL THE IVY LEAGUE SELLS EVERYWHERE ELSE (EXCEPT MAYBE THE VINEYARD. AND BLOCK ISLAND. AND MAYBE JAMESTOWN, RI, TOO, BUT WHO'S COUNTING?)

THE POINT IS, GEORGETOWN HAS ACCESS TO THE SAME KIDS AS, SAY, CORNELL AND DARTMOUTH - AND NOBODY'S EVER HEARD OF EITHER OF THOSE TWO PLACES, HAVE THEY? SEE WHAT I MEAN? AND THOSE GUYS COULD KICK THE HOYAS' BACKSIDES FROM HERE TO SHEBOYGAN, LUGGAGE INCLUDED, WITH ENOUGH LEFT OVER FOR A BUS TRIP HOME.

SO 'RIDICULOUS' OR NOT, WE OF THE HUMBLE LITTLE COLLEGE ON THE HILL HAVE HAD QUITE ENOUGH OF YOUR NONSENSE, YOUR EXCUSES, YOUR FAILURE TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE FiOS DEBACLE, AND THE SILLY NEW 'DESIGNER' UNIFORMS THAT YOU TROTTED OUT THIS SEASON INSTEAD OF BUYING TOILET ROLLS FOR THE MSF PORTA-JOHNS.

OH, AND . . . . UHHH . . . . NICE PRESS BOX.

Sader87
October 31st, 2013, 04:49 PM
Silver lining of our beatdown last Saturday....Bogey is back with a vengence!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2013, 05:54 PM
Colgate 30 Bucknell 20 - I'll take the home team in whats should be a very good game....

Fordham 55 Holy Cross 20 - Is the Gilmore's seat getting hot? It should be....

Lafayette 42 Georgetown 20 - Leopards exact some payback....

RichH2
October 31st, 2013, 06:05 PM
Baco cheese cruller. Hot damn,got to get me one of those.

carney2
October 31st, 2013, 06:57 PM
F i O S

One last kick in the Hoya nuts as I head off to DC. Take the Pards and give the points. We're gonna moiduh dem.

Sader87
October 31st, 2013, 08:26 PM
Colgate 30 Bucknell 20 - I'll take the home team in whats should be a very good game....

Fordham 55 Holy Cross 20 - Is the Gilmore's seat getting hot? It should be....

Lafayette 42 Georgetown 20 - Leopards exact some payback....

Doubtful....I'm sure he'll be given at least a full roster of recruiting his own scholarship players (3-4 more years anyway) before any talk of a coaching change would gather any steam.

Leopard Loyalist
October 31st, 2013, 11:33 PM
FWIW, which isn't much.

Bucknell @ Colgate
Holy Cross @ Fordham
Lafayette @ Georgetown

Go...gate
October 31st, 2013, 11:58 PM
Colgate 20, Bucknell 19

Fordham 31, Holy Cross 24

Lafayette 34, Georgetown 17

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 12:13 AM
F i O S

One last kick in the Hoya nuts as I head off to DC. Take the Pards and give the points. We're gonna moiduh dem.

An epic beatdown would be appropriate. I'm hoping for a shutout. A good old fashioned tail whipping where FiOS crew never gets past the 50 yard line. We deserve it.

Go...gate
November 1st, 2013, 01:43 AM
I take it that the game will still not be shown on the Lafayette Sports Network?

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 05:49 AM
I take it that the game will still not be shown on the Lafayette Sports Network?

Anything could happen.

The game is scheduled to be broadcast on ESPN3 and ESPN GamePlan, by Lafayette on all the normal Lafayette Sports Network outlets (RCN-4 & 1004 HD, RCN-8 & 608 HD, WBPH-60), on Comcast Cable, Dish Network and DirecTV in Philadelphia/Lehigh Valley/Western New Jersey, and online through LSN AllAccess.

It will be fun watching Sandra Fluke and a cadre of Georgetown lawyers show up five minutes before kickoff to throw ESPN off the air, won't it? Carney2 will be at the game so he will be able to give the play-by-play.

Maybe they'll use riot gear this time.

FordhamFan
November 1st, 2013, 08:43 AM

Ah yes, very good point. The Spotted Pig is if you're in the big city just looking for a burger. If you're coming to Fordham for a game, Bill here is spot on. Arthur Avenue is the place to go.

Italian food out the wazoo. You can get a very nice sit down meal if you'd like at places like Zero Otto Nova, Mario's, Dominic's, or a number of other restaurants. Or, if you're just craving a quick bite, Full Moon Pizzeria is fantastic (also on Arthur Avenue), as well as a bunch of other solid quick eats spots. Great food up and down Arthur Avenue.

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2013, 10:44 AM
It will be fun watching Sandra Fluke and a cadre of Georgetown lawyers show up five minutes before kickoff to throw ESPN off the air, won't it? Carney2 will be at the game so he will be able to give the play-by-play.

You spend far too much time on Sandra Fluke references. Fluike, a native of Saxton, PA and Cornell undergrad, graduated Georgetown in 2012, passed the California bar, and lives in Los Angeles with her husband.

(Yes, there are lots of Georgetown attorneys out there of all sorts of political thinking, but I don't suspect Greta Van Susteren is showing up with a TRO either.)

Enjoy the game on TV. The seating will be much more comfortable.

ColgateTD
November 1st, 2013, 10:47 AM
Ah yes, very good point. The Spotted Pig is if you're in the big city just looking for a burger. If you're coming to Fordham for a game, Bill here is spot on. Arthur Avenue is the place to go.

Italian food out the wazoo. You can get a very nice sit down meal if you'd like at places like Zero Otto Nova, Mario's, Dominic's, or a number of other restaurants. Or, if you're just craving a quick bite, Full Moon Pizzeria is fantastic (also on Arthur Avenue), as well as a bunch of other solid quick eats spots. Great food up and down Arthur Avenue.

And if you're coming to Hamilton you might try McDonalds on 12-B for a quick bite :)

Bill
November 1st, 2013, 11:19 AM
Yes, other than the Colgate Inn, all I remember is the "Jug"....or should I say, barely remember :)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Is there a eating establishment I should be aware of in Hamilton?

Bill
November 1st, 2013, 12:07 PM
I will defer to the Gater's here...but other than the Colgate Inn (that hotel/inn "downtown"), and the golf course, the other places are more bar & diner types. My father, 2 siblings,2 uncles, and 3 cousins went to Colgate, so I have spent some time up there. The fact that I can't remember any of the other places to eat doesn't speak well for the Zagat - worthiness of the place :)

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM
Greta Van Susteren

A Known Scientologist. Perfect topic for a hijack - after FiOS week, of course.

As to Sandra Fluke, I claim literary and/or poetic and/or comedic license. With the exception of awaiting the apology for the FiOS affair that will never come from Georgetown, nothing I write here is take seriously by anyone, nor should it be. Georgetown has to give the the knuckle-draggers that make up the rest of the league at least that much credit. Plus I think an outhouse up on a rusty platform converted into a Georgetown press box nicknamed "The Fluke" actually is pretty funny, even if no one else does.

But alas, my on-again, off-again effort over the last couple years to create a Georgetown-Lafayette football rivalry out of Whole Cloth appears to have been of no avail. My observation is that Georgetown fans neither like, not dislike, Lafayette. Ambivalence appears to be the prevailing attitude - they simply could not care less. I'll bet my paycheck that less than 700 people actually attend this weekend's game at Multi-Sport Field, and that at least half of those will be Lafayette fans.

So - if my Beloved Pards win this weekend, especially if it's the double-digit shutout that I'm envisioning, I'll feel vindicated. I will then join the vast majority of others in the Patriot League who, like Georgetown sports fans themselves, don't give Georgetown football a second thought. No more grandstanding, no more taking liberties with the facts, no more FiOS folderol, no more mention of Georgetown football whatsoever.

I trust that will be satisfactory to the the Hoya faithful.

PAllen
November 1st, 2013, 12:25 PM
A Known Scientologist. Perfect topic for a hijack - after FiOS week, of course.

As to Sandra Fluke, I claim literary and/or poetic and/or comedic license. With the exception of awaiting the apology for the FiOS affair that will never come from Georgetown, nothing I write here is take seriously by anyone, nor should it be. Georgetown has to give the the knuckle-draggers that make up the rest of the league at least that much credit. Plus I think an outhouse up on a rusty platform converted into a Georgetown press box nicknamed "The Fluke" actually is pretty funny, even if no one else does.

But alas, my on-again, off-again effort over the last couple years to create a Georgetown-Lafayette football rivalry out of Whole Cloth appears to have been of no avail. My observation is that Georgetown fans neither like, not dislike, Lafayette. Ambivalence appears to be the prevailing attitude - they simply could not care less. I'll bet my paycheck that less than 700 people actually attend this weekend's game at Multi-Sport Field, and that at least half of those will be Lafayette fans.

So - if my Beloved Pards win this weekend, especially if it's the double-digit shutout that I'm envisioning, I'll feel vindicated. I will then join the vast majority of others in the Patriot League who, like Georgetown sports fans themselves, don't give Georgetown football a second thought. No more grandstanding, no more taking liberties with the facts, no more FiOS folderol, no more mention of Georgetown football whatsoever.

I trust that will be satisfactory to the the Hoya faithful.

Other than DFW, I don't know if there are any Hoya faithful (and he's in Dallas). Just a bunch of player's parents and friends showing up to games. Trying to get a rivalry going with Georgetown would require that there were supporters to have a rivalry with.

Oh, and the Fluke was funny.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM
My observation is that Georgetown fans neither like, not dislike, Lafayette.

I don't think the coaching staff feels this way.

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 12:32 PM
Topics I'm abandoning for FiOS Week due to lack of overall interest and bruised sensitivities -

- Amusing trifle about Jofi Joseph (Georgetown '94), my new hero, and coiner of the term "vacuous cipher."

- Updating the Hoya Fight Song to include the football schools that Georgetown actually plays (and the ones it should be playing), set to a sprightly new melody by Frankie and the Wankers.

- Cartoon of Sandra Fluke saddling up the Frankosaurus and cantering across the Multi-Sport turf.

- Rendering of Kevin Kelly as Vizzini, replying with shouts of "inconceivable!" to Tavani's assertions of "ridiculous!"

van
November 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Topics I'm abandoning for FiOS Week due to lack of overall interest and bruised sensitivities -

- Amusing trifle about Jofi Joseph (Georgetown '94), my new hero, and coiner of the term "vacuous cipher."

- Updating the Hoya Fight Song to include the football schools that Georgetown actually plays (and the ones it should be playing), set to a sprightly new melody by Frankie and the Wankers.

- Cartoon of Sandra Fluke saddling up the Frankosaurus and cantering across the Multi-Sport turf.

- Rendering of Kevin Kelly as Vizzini, replying with shouts of "inconceivable!" to Tavani's assertions of "ridiculous!"

Please reconsider the Fluke saddling!

LehighU11
November 1st, 2013, 01:54 PM
Please reconsider the Fluke saddling!

I, too, beseech you sir to reconsider this cartoon!

Ms. Fluke has been a popular figure of discussion this PL season. I recall dubbing the Marist-Georgetown game, the Fluke-O'Reilly Bowl, appropriately named after Sandra and her known critic, pundit/Marist alumnus Bill O'Reilly.

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 01:59 PM
Bucknell at Colgate - I probably underestimated Bucknell's motivation to take down Lehigh. Apparently they hadn't wiped the Packard Poopers since 1997 or something like that. It was a mighty good show and the Buckyballers didn't let up until the final whistle - a full scale beatdown. Does Joe Susan have another game like that at the ready? The Buffalo Chips last won in Hamilton in 1999. Given the way things look like they're going to go down the PL stretch this year, I'd not be shocked if the Annoying Orange pulled this one off. Still, though, they're going to have to show more than one game, so I'm going with the odds. Colgate 24-20

Holy Cross at Fordham - I remain convinced, at I have been since the start of the season, that Fordham will run the table. That doesn't mean that the Rams won't get a scare along the way. The Crusader's Peter Pujals might be the best QB that Fordham has faced all year. If Holy Cross can protect Pujals, he's going to find the endzone. I don't thing Gabe Guild is going to get anything near 142 yards against the Ram's DL, though. Fordham 34-24

Lafayette at Georgetown - Enough said. Lafayette 42-0

RichH2
November 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM
I'm confuzzled is it saddling or poaching the fluke, the latter is rumored to be a popular repast in DC

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2013, 02:51 PM

Hold that paycheck. The smallest announced crowd at MSF since it, er, "opened" was 1165 (Marist, 2006) and no attendance has slid below 1750 since.

For a variety of reasons, Georgetown fans don't care about the Patriot League, inasmuch as football is almost the only sport where these schools are ever heard from. More students come to Georgetown from California than any other state--they wouldn't know Easton from East Stroudsburg. Secondarily, they are conditioned, particularly of late, to understand that men's basketball is the only sport worth their collective attention, which is why a top 10 soccer team is drawing just 700 a game. As to football, losing seasons (12 of the last 13 years) have a way of peeling away any nascent interest.

Still, football outdraws every other on-campus sport in spite of it. The 2,312 average, however sad, represents 96% capacity.

CFBfan
November 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
I will defer to the Gater's here...but other than the Colgate Inn (that hotel/inn "downtown"), and the golf course, the other places are more bar & diner types. My father, 2 siblings,2 uncles, and 3 cousins went to Colgate, so I have spent some time up there. The fact that I can't remember any of the other places to eat doesn't speak well for the Zagat - worthiness of the place :)

The Hamilton Inn (on the lake by the golf course) serves a very good dinner

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 03:04 PM
football is almost the only sport where these schools are ever heard from.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6430/a2gb.png

Sader87
November 1st, 2013, 03:11 PM
There is nothing quite as "forced" as trying to start a rivalry (all apologies to Bogey, DFW et al).

As I've stated ad nauseum here and elsewhere, this has been one of my biggest gripes of the PL. Outside of Colgate, it's been hard to work up any antipathy against any of the other football schools.

Maybe that's a good thing and I have "anger issues."

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM
No, seriously, how great would it be if Lafayette lost their fourth straight to Georgetown now?

I'm personally rooting for the Hoyas to get a safety in the first half of the first overtime to win.

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 03:22 PM
There is nothing quite as "forced" as trying to start a rivalry (all apologies to Bogey, DFW et al).

As I've stated ad nauseum here and elsewhere, this has been one of my biggest gripes of the PL. Outside of Colgate, it's been hard to work up any antipathy against any of the other football schools.

I agree in general - I cringe when some marketing department decides to create, and announces (as if fact), a "new rivalry" or a "new tradition." That said, I think it's a whole different thing when fans themselves stir things up over something organic like the "FiOS Game" to the consternation of the schools themselves. That's actually how some "true" rivalries get started in the first place.

Obviously not this time, though.

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM
No, seriously, how great would it be if Lafayette lost their fourth straight to Georgetown now?

I'm personally rooting for the Hoyas to get a safety in the first half of the first overtime to win.

Frank Tavani would be pilloried on the Quad - seriously. It's completely different from Lehigh losing a trap game to Bucknell. Everyone knew that was bound to happen sooner or later. Losing four straight to Georgetown simply cannot happen. It just can't. I have a feeling that our guys are going to be out for blood Saturday.

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2013, 03:37 PM

I don't know; these Holy Cross - Lafayette games are getting heated every year.

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
We are going to tear the meat from Georgetown's... oh wait, they don't have any meat on their bones... it's a D-III squad.

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2013, 03:39 PM
Surprise you have not contributed to the Lehigh information thread Bogie... the rest of AGS has finally woken up to the fact that Lehigh is pitiful.

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 03:45 PM
Surprise you have not contributed to the Lehigh information thread Bogie... the rest of AGS has finally woken up to the fact that Lehigh is pitiful.

There's a Lehigh Information thread? Haven't seen it - my computer is set to block all new Lehigh-based threads after the first dozen each week. It must have been caught up in the spill-over.

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2013, 03:48 PM
We are going to tear the meat from Georgetown's... oh wait, they don't have any meat on their bones... it's a D-III squad.

That D-III squad has won three straight from Lafayette. Overall, Georgetown has more wins over LC than it has vs. Lehigh, Colgate, and Holy Cross combined.

Bill
November 1st, 2013, 03:56 PM
OK, so it's not exactly a "hoya"....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18483&stc=1

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2013, 03:58 PM
That D-III squad has won three straight from Lafayette. Overall, Georgetown has more wins over LC than it has vs. Lehigh, Colgate, and Holy Cross combined.

What do you expect from a D-III coach and a D-III effort from a school with a D-III mindset?

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 04:03 PM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/y321/zoe_989/Hoyabella_092005.jpg

Hoya (Hoya lanceolata ssp. bella)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM
​A very disappointed 1-2 last week.

Colgate 35, Bucknell 6. Now that the Bison won their Super Bowl/Homecoming/whatever, I fully anticipate them to revert to Bucknellian form this weekend in Hamilton on the road. As for the Red Raiders - it's November. They're just getting warmed up.

Fordham 42, Holy Cross 13. I do wonder a little, how are the Rams going to stay motivated? Then I remembered: this is actually a trophy game. I'm learning that coach Moorhead takes these trophy games seriously.

Georgetown 21, Lafayette 20. Here's how this game is going to unfold:

1st quarter: Lafayette jumps out to 14-0. Leopards dancing in stands.

2nd quarter: Underthrown pass returned for touchdown by Hoyas. On ensuing kickoff, ball careens off the helmet of the Leopard up man, falls in the hands of the kicker, who makes a 65 yard Gio Benard-like return to tie the game. Leopard Loyalists blame Frank Tavani for being tied at halftime.

3rd quarter: Defenses tighten up. Leopards manage two field goals after the offense can't convert touchdowns from two different occasions at 1st and goal from the 2, mostly because the Frankasaur runs line dives every play.

4th quarter: Critical turnover sets up Hoyas on 1st and goal at the 11, with 5 minutes to play. Hoya touchdown makes the 500-person Hoya crowd out of a 2,000 sellout erupt in elation, though they only vaguely understand that they're ahead. Ensuing Leopard drive intercepted at the 5 by a Hoya 3rd string defensive lineman, after three tips off a great pass by Reed.

Leopard Loyalist
November 1st, 2013, 05:26 PM
Nice of LFN to put his chances for a perfect 3-0 for this week at severe risk by engaging in an outrageous fantasy (that unfortunately has a tinge of collective verisimilitude about it).

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 06:32 PM

Georgetown 21, Lafayette 20. Here's how this game is going to unfold:

1st quarter: Lafayette jumps out to 14-0. Leopards dancing in stands.

2nd quarter: Underthrown pass returned for touchdown by Hoyas. On ensuing kickoff, ball careens off the helmet of the Leopard up man, falls in the hands of the kicker, who makes a 65 yard Gio Benard-like return to tie the game. Leopard Loyalists blame Frank Tavani for being tied at halftime.

3rd quarter: Defenses tighten up. Leopards manage two field goals after the offense can't convert touchdowns from two different occasions at 1st and goal from the 2, mostly because the Frankasaur runs line dives every play.

4th quarter: Critical turnover sets up Hoyas on 1st and goal at the 11, with 5 minutes to play. Hoya touchdown makes the 500-person Hoya crowd out of a 2,000 sellout erupt in elation, though they only vaguely understand that they're ahead. Ensuing Leopard drive intercepted at the 5 by a Hoya 3rd string defensive lineman, after three tips off a great pass by Reed.

It's either that, or the Pards win 42-0. Kind of a toss up right now, though your prediction certainly is consistent with past performance.

Bill
November 1st, 2013, 06:39 PM
Yes, I know about the flower thing :)

As per G-town's website:

Georgetown has had a number of mascots in its more than 200-year existence. Among the earliest mascots was a terrier named Stubby, whose name is largely unfamiliar today but was perhaps the most famous dog of his generation. The dog served 18 months on the front with his regiment in World War I, saving his regiment from surprise mustard gas attacks, locating wounded soldiers, and even catching a German spy by the seat of his pants. Such exploits made the front page of newspapers back home, and after Stubby's last battle at Chateau-Thierry, France, he was outfitted with a blanket with the medals and honors awarded him for bravery, with flags of all the Allied Nations of the war. Following Stubby, a terrier named, appropriately, "Hoya," became a fan favorite. Hoya belonged to Rev. Vincent McDonough, S.J., Moderator of Athletics and namesake of McDonough Gymnasium. This terrier was frequently seen at Georgetown football games in the 1920's and 1930's. A Great Dane named "Butch" became the team's unofficial mascot during the 1940's, but as Georgetown suspended football in 1951, the tradition of live mascots ended. Years later, the name of "Jack" and the breed of English Bulldog was formally adopted in 1962, adding the blue and gray cap once worn by freshmen onto its emblem.
Students maintained pet bulldogs as mascots into the early 1970's. By 1979, Georgetown was one of the first schools to employ a "human mascot," a student in the now familiar blue and gray bulldog suit. "Jack" now appears at major athletic and social events, and is among the most recognizable college mascots in the nation.

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 07:06 PM
THIS JUST IN!!!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8378/wbnv.png

This evening at about 7:00PM the Georgetown athletics home page acknowledged for the very first time that the Hoyas will be playing a football game tomorrow. The website notes that it will be Senior Day for twenty-four soon-to-be-graduates, that Georgetown defeated Lafayette last season and that "tickets are still available" at the 738-seat playground the Hoyas call "home."

What is most shocking, however, is a written acknowledgement by Georgetown officials that, "the game can also be viewed on ESPN3."

ESPN3 almost certainly will be using the Lafayette feed for broadcast because . . . well . . . have you ever witnessed a Georgetown football broadcast? Yes, it's that bad.

This very public admission casts a serious cloud over Georgetown's ability to disrupt Lafayette's television crews and seize their equipment tomorrow afternoon. High level sources with knowledge of the situation, who spoke on condition of anonymity because I'm making this whole thing up, reported that the game might well proceed well into the second quarter before the injunctions can be served and the broadcast halted.

We'll bring you more on this situation as it develops . . . .

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 07:25 PM
Courtesy of hoyasaxa.com (http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/football.htm), this picture of the Georgetown gridders prepping to face the Leopards during a time out:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6190/zrrk.png

To each his own, fellas, but do you really think that huffing nitrous on third and twenty-nine at your own three yard line is the way to go?

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM
ESPN3 almost certainly will be using the Lafayette feed for broadcast because . . . well . . . have you ever witnessed a Georgetown football broadcast? Yes, it's that bad.

Not this season. It's comparable to Holy Cross or Bucknell's coverage, with three announcers in the press box and two sideline reporters. They do not, as HC does, utilize the radio feed with the video.

The screen has some graphics but does not show the scoreboard clock.

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2013, 07:51 PM
The Patriot League race is all shook up... no more drinking through games now (unless you are DFW Hoya).

Bucknell 33, Colgate 28... Bucknell seemingly shocks Colgate when the Bison are simply OK. Is QB Wesley secretly just as good as McCarney? YES! BUT.. the Bison have a defense. Colgate has... a few tackling dummies and scarecrow men that move around on radio-controlled micro-machines.

Fordham 52, Holy Cross 21... Now, this MAY be rivalry game and Holy Cross MIGHT show up. But the big Ray Ram will butt these blubbering bishops back to Worcester. Pujals and... ?? Nerbich is supposedly better than Drew Reed, and well, you know what happened last week.

Lafayette 48, Georgetown 17... Frankosaurus smash. Frankosaurus have QB. Frankosaurus on live TV!

Lehighberation from overlehighyped preseason expectations; Coen still trying to perform lehighmlich maneuver

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
BULLETIN . . . . IMPORTANT UPDATE . . . . Reports coming in from the field suggest a counter-initiative by the Hoyas. Pool reporters have overheard claims that Georgetown will jam "The Fluke" with three game announcers (Lafayette has only two) and that the Hoyas will employ two sideline reporters (Lafayette has but one).

More important, our technology analysts can now reveal that the kid who films the game for Georgetown just used his sister's upgrade to get a new cell phone with a higher megapixel camera. This will allow occasional zooming during the broadcast to the point where you can almost recognize some of the uniform numbers.

Our panel of experts has poured over these latest data and has concluded that Georgetown intends for its crack team to be the source of tomorrow's ESPN broadcast, not Lafayette's. Having wrestled control of the ESPN feed, policy analysts now believe that Georgetown will go forward with its planned confiscation of Lafayette Sports Network equipment. No word yet on the fate of the Lafayette broadcast talent, however.

ngineer
November 1st, 2013, 08:22 PM
Courtesy of hoyasaxa.com (http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/football.htm), this picture of the Georgetown gridders prepping to face the Leopards during a time out:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6190/zrrk.png

To each his own, fellas, but do you really think that huffing nitrous on third and twenty-nine at your own three yard line is the way to go?

Really shouldn't need the nitrous when you play Laughyette. Giggles should come naturally. (;-)

Fordhamanhattan
November 2nd, 2013, 04:44 AM
Sandra Fluke married, oh yes there is that new law. I had an uncle that graduated from the second rate GTN law school 20 years after getting thrown outta Yale Med for telling a Pyschology professor that his subject was a combination of Left wing bull**** and common sense but as samual Clemens said, "I am a great believer in common sense, but I don't find it so common" As brilliant as my uncle was ( he also spoke russian and spanish) he couldn't rub two nickels together. My non sainted grandfather called him "Boooklearning Bilkins". He eventually found satisfying work in the Fed Govt, where else?

Bogus Megapardus
November 2nd, 2013, 05:30 AM
`

GOOD MORNING PATRIOT LEAGUE FANS!

YOU TOO, GEORGETOWN!

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8264/c5pa.jpg

ADORNED IN HER LEOPARD FINEST, KATE UPTON DROPPED BY LAST NIGHT
TO WISH THE PARDS THE BEST OF LUCK THIS AFTERNOON. SANDRA FLUKE
WAS UNAVAILABLE FOR COMMENT.

`

Pards Rule
November 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
`

GOOD MORNING PATRIOT LEAGUE FANS!

YOU TOO, GEORGETOWN!

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8264/c5pa.jpg

ADORNED IN HER LEOPARD FINEST, KATE UPTON DROPPED BY LAST NIGHT
TO WISH THE PARDS THE BEST OF LUCK THIS AFTERNOON. SANDRA FLUKE
WAS UNAVAILABLE FOR COMMENT.

`

She is still recovering from my Halloween party!!

CrusaderBob
November 2nd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Well done this week Bogie. Very entertaining.

Colgate
Fordham
Lafayette

Bogus Megapardus
November 2nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
She is still recovering from my Halloween party!!

Well??? Did she go with trick, or treat?

Bogus Megapardus
November 2nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
`

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1566/zy15.png

TO BE UNVEILED AT HALFTIME . . .

Pards Rule
November 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Well??? Did she go with trick, or treat?

dude, BOTH for me :) :) :)

Pards Rule
November 2nd, 2013, 11:15 AM
Pards to break the 3 year Hoya jinx today in Washington DC!!