PDA

View Full Version : Furman-LSU

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 26th, 2013, 07:09 PM
20-13 LSU.

LSU struggles with FCS schools. Towson gave them trouble last year and Furman is middle of the pack FCS!

Furman Paladins: Tigers Hunters

thirdgendin
October 26th, 2013, 07:15 PM
We generally get up and play well in these games. I'm pleased so far.

The Furman TD was a pick-six, but the offense does have a pair of 13-play scoring drives that resulted in field goals. And unlike recent FBS games where we ran more of a double-wing offense, we are running our standard offense today.

Beckham, Hill, and Mettenberger are hard to handle...to say the least.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 26th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I am pulling heart and soul for you guys. Great team name. Need TD's instead of FG's to pull it off.

ElCid
October 26th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Furman on the 1 just before half after muffed punt return by LSU. Could be tied at half.

thirdgendin
October 26th, 2013, 07:24 PM
LSU muffs a punt and now Furman has driven down to the 1! First and goal, looking to tie it up late in the first half.

ElCid
October 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Great effort Paladins 20-16 at half! Hard luck on penalty.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
20-16 LSU

Furman got robbed by a terrible call of a TD.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM
GO FURMAN!!

thirdgendin
October 26th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Having to blow two timeouts earlier in the half hurt us at the end as well. Still, I'll take it!

Lehigh'98
October 26th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Nice half Paladins!!!

DSUrocks07
October 26th, 2013, 07:39 PM
TOP favors the Paladins 22:09 to 7:51 for LSU

thirdgendin
October 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM
LSU with an easy TD drive (8 play, 84 yards) to start the 3Q

Furman 16
LSU 27

PaladinFan
October 26th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Paladins giving a fine account of themselves. Hannon makes all the difference for Furman right now.

thirdgendin
October 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Paladins giving a fine account of themselves. Hannon makes all the difference for Furman right now.

Indeed. Down 41-16 now, but I'm still proud of the effort. The future is bright in Greenville.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Furman makes me wish NDSU played LSU :\.

ElCid
October 26th, 2013, 08:55 PM

You would lose by 30.

chattownmocs
October 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM

What a douche. Get real.

thirdgendin
October 26th, 2013, 09:02 PM
48-16 LSU, final score

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 09:09 PM
You would lose by 30.

Furman only lost by 32!

PaladinFan
October 26th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Furman only lost by 32!

The spread was 47.

NDSU needs to head down to the SEC.

thebootfitter
October 26th, 2013, 10:56 PM
What a douche. Get real.
Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Get real? What does that even mean? What's wrong with wanting NDSU to play LSU?

I can guarantee you one thing... If NDSU were only down by 4 at the half, it certainly wouldn't be a blow out by LSU at the end of the game. (And that's no knock against Furman!)

Good FCS teams seem to have a much easier time keeping things close against good FBS teams in the first half. Then depth tends to show in the second half when most FCS teams are overwhelmed. That sounds pretty much like NDSU against many good FCS teams over the past couple years too.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM
The spread was 47.

NDSU needs to head down to the SEC.

Yeah that would be a fun OOC. I think we try to schedule in our recruiting footprint though. Mizzou is probably the only SEC game that would happen for NDSU.

FormerPokeCenter
October 26th, 2013, 11:30 PM
When LSU plays an FCS school, they don't go deep in the playbook and they don't call plays that are appropriate for the down and distance. They call stuff that puts their kids in a miss match. And they make them run it anyway...

That's no knock on Furman... That's just what Miles does...

I f the FCS team sticks around late or makes it interesting, Miles will take his foot off the brake a little, but he won't really step on the gas....

NDSU is a great FCS team and they'd undoubtedly give a great effort...but the end result would be the same....

thebootfitter
October 27th, 2013, 01:26 AM
NDSU is a great FCS team and they'd undoubtedly give a great effort...but the end result would be the same....
If you mean the W/L, I'd agree. If you mean how the game plays out and the final score, I wouldn't. The only way LSU hangs 48 on the NDSU D is if they play hard the whole game.

FormerPokeCenter
October 27th, 2013, 01:50 PM
If you mean the W/L, I'd agree. If you mean how the game plays out and the final score, I wouldn't. The only way LSU hangs 48 on the NDSU D is if they play hard the whole game.

If LSU comes out and plays hard, "the whole game," you're right, they wouldn't hang 48 on NDSU. It would be more like 60...but, I digress..they just don't do that to FCS schools...

It's awfully late in the year for a BCS/FCS matchup....does Furman run an offense or defense that LSU's likely to see in an important upcoming match up?

Again, not to take anything away from Furman's performance and intensity in this game, or to suggest that NDSU isn't a great FCS team.

cardiaccowboy
October 28th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I hope all of the Furman fans enjoyed their time in south Louisiana. LSU scheduled a fcs game this late to give themselves 2.5 weeks to prepare for Alabama.

cardiaccowboy
October 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Check out the App st. Score from '08 out of respect for NDSU Les would come have his foot on the gas early. They wouldn't want the Bison to gain any confidence in Death Valley