PDA

View Full Version : Texas SLC Coaches Reflect on SLC Build-Up

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2006, 06:34 PM
From an article in the Houston Chronicle about the SLC and how things are looking rocky for the I-AA conference that is 8-22 heading into SLC play this weekend...
===========
"I don't know how anybody knows," Texas State coach David Bailiff said of determining a favorite. "It's been a crazy pre-conference season, and a lot of it is because of whom people have played. It's a tough call."

"Having the opportunity to visit with some other coaches this summer, we all thought that it was going to be fairly equal," said Sam Houston State coach Todd Whitten, whose Bearkats open at Northwestern State. "It's hard to really know what's going on with the schedules that we have to play. That's part of I-AA now — we all play two I-A schools, I think, this year. We're going to be delayed in knowing how this thing is going to look. It's really hard to tell right now. I really have no clue."

"The non-conference schedules were definitely upgraded by every football team," SFA coach Robert McFarland said. "I don't think our records are indicative of the strength of our league.

"Now that we're getting into league play, we all know what's coming. What you're getting is anyone at any time. No one is going to be intimidated by anyone in our league."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/4234438.html