PDA

View Full Version : Samford has inside track to Socon championship

Reign of Terrier
October 26th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Samford 34

Wofford 27

Final score

Samford overcame 4 turnovers to win. They were the better team. I'm still proud of Wofford, I still think we can make the playoffs, and we'll be more than just competitive in our next 3 games.

As for Wofford's offense, we're clearly inconsistent and we've needed a quarter and a half plus to get things going and that's the only consistency of the last 3 games or so. We had twice as much offense in the second as the first. Our defense did all it could to keep us in the game and we just couldn't make it worth anything. A lot of Samford's points come on relatively short drives, such as from a good punt return or from a defensive stand.

I'll be interested to see the Chattanooga-Samford game, as well as the Wofford-Chattanooga game in a couple weeks. We'll have a bye and I think that will help us regroup.

SU DOG
October 26th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Definitely not our best with all those turnovers, but credit to the Terriers also. A slobber-knocker of a game, with both squads having major injuries on the defensive side. Hope that Scioneaux is OK - that is one tough LB who really deserves All-American honors. For us 3-4 guys that were side-lined with some degree of injury. Two good teams IMO.

Reign of Terrier
October 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Definitely not our best with all those turnovers, but credit to the Terriers also. A slobber-knocker of a game, with both squads having major injuries on the defensive side. Hope that Scioneaux is OK - that is one tough LB who really deserves All-American honors. For us 3-4 guys that were side-lined with some degree of injury. Two good teams IMO.

I think he'll be okay, it appeared to be a shoulder injury as he was walking along the sidelines with no shoulder pads on.