PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-7

JALMOND
October 4th, 2006, 01:23 PM
OK, time for more of the same. Last week I took all home teams and only one was the victor. This week could see more road winners in the Big Sky as the top 4 teams are all on the road against the bottom 4. Then again, maybe not...

ISU @ UNC---The Bears have been playing great games since starting the season with two blowouts, showing a never-say-die attitude that almost prevailed against Weber. The Bengals have had two weeks to prepare for this, or will they look ahead to Portland State...UNC 24, ISU 21.

UM @ EWU---The Griz looked unstoppable last week against Portland State and the Eagles looked sloppy against Sacramento State. The Griz are in mid-season form and the Eagles are still searching...UM 38, EWU 17.

PSU @ MSU---Finally, who will start at QB for the Vikings has turned into a good thing. The Cats got a tough win last week at N Arizona. It's at home, though, where the Cats have struggled this year. Then again, the Vikings always seem to struggle in Bozeman...PSU 27, MSU 24.

WSU @ SSU (or CSUS)---The Wildcats almost let a sure win against N Colorado get away from them. The lack of offense almost let them down. Now they play a rejuvinated Hornet team that won a tough game against E Washington on the road last week. Common OOC opponent is Cal Poly, a team that both played surprisingly tough...SSU 14, WSU 10.

dbackjon
October 4th, 2006, 01:30 PM
NAU beats Idle by 40.

Idaho State, Montana, Portland State and Weber win.

Sac St-Weber Game should be a great game - either team could pull it out.

Portland St-Montana St will depend largely on which Bobcat team shows up, but I think PSU has the guns to win either way.

GrizFoo
October 4th, 2006, 01:36 PM
MSU will definately be gunning for some respect against PSU...and a win. If PSU doesn't bring their A game, or has a hangover from the Griz loss, it could spell trouble.
PSU's D will be the best D the cats have faced so far, including Colorado. We'll see what kind of progress their O has made. I really don't see them being able to run on PSU, and that could be big touble for the cats. So I'm going with PSU

Sac vs. Weber is a tough call. I think Weber takes them out, but Sac does have some talent. It is one of those "matchup" games that could show surprised from either side.

ISU UNC is an interesting one, with two interesting teams. I think ISU takes this one by 10.

I think UM dominates EWU, but EWU plays a pretty good game and keeps it close early.

eagle1
October 4th, 2006, 02:43 PM
ISU @ UNC - I think that the Bengals will pull this one out but it will be wild one. ISU 42 UNC 38

UM @ EWU - I will be a homer and pick the Eags in an upset :hurray: . EWU 24 UM 21

PSU @ MSU - I will definitely pick the Vikes in this one. PSU 34 MSU 14

WSU @ SAC - I think that I will go with Weber in a close one. WSU 21 SAC 19

GreenDay17
October 4th, 2006, 02:47 PM
ISU 35 @ UNC 17 - Bengals have 2 weeks to prepare after loss to NAU.

UM 45 @ EWU 7 - Montana dominates EWU with their defense. Young EWU QB struggles mightily against Grizzly pressure. A lot of short fields for the offense.

PSU 34 @ MSU 14 - So much for the post-UM letdown. Biggest problem for PSU is how the new QB handles a bigger portion of the playbook in week #2 with the team. MSU must excell in the special teams to make this one a game.

WSU 20 @ SSU 24 - The lone BSC home win. SSU is becoming less implosive and WSU still struggles to get their offense on track.

NAU @ BYE - Tough one to call, but I think NAU pulls it out. Not a lot of points scored though.

SactoHornetFan
October 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
ISU @ UNC: This is my toliet bowl of the week because I have these two at the bottom of my Big Sky rankings. However, ISU has decent playmakers when they don't cough up the ball. The Not-So-Bayou Bengals win a tough one. ISU 28, UNC 21.

UM @ EWU: This one will get ugly real quick. UM wants payback. EWU fell to us at home last week with no real pass defense. Swogger and Co. light em up. UM 49, EWU 10.

PSU @ MSU: MSU has another big home-game letdown after-huge-road-victory the week before. Viks have to be upset that they squandered a chance against UM considering the QB corps is still getting up to snuff. PSU 27, MSU 17.

WSU @ SAC: Ah. My game of the week. Of course. I cannot tell you as an alum how good it was to win on the road last week, especially with the way we did it. WSU looked ok last week against UNC, but, its UNC. They are going to take their lumps this first year in The Sky. The only other win for the Weeeeber was against SUU, who doesn't look too bad right now. The missing Hornet offense that has been in hiding ever since Ryan Leadingham had his shoulder broken against ucdavis in 2003 finally came out of the closet against EWU in the second half.

The coaches I hope learned that you need to spread the ball out to different guys. Things will happen when you don't get so predictable on offense. Hornet offense continues to jell and picks up a Homecoming victory. SAC 24, WSU 14.

griz&beer
October 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
ISU
GRIZZ
PSU
Sac.