PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State releases new turf concepts

MSUBear42
October 24th, 2013, 08:26 PM
They will choose from these:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXW83JBCcAAjfTS.jpg:large

Uncle Rico's Clan
October 24th, 2013, 08:36 PM
The colored turf thing needs to go away. The middle has a couple good ones though, I like the shadow of the bears on the bottom two.

PAllen
October 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Is "none of the above" an option?

gumby013
October 24th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Well, if their goal is to have the worst turf possible, I'd suggest left...second from the bottom. It's a muddled mess.

MSUBear42
October 24th, 2013, 08:45 PM
The colored turf thing needs to go away. The middle has a couple good ones though, I like the shadow of the bears on the bottom two.

Agree. I don't think they're ballsy enough to do it, anyways.

I really like both the top and 2nd from the top in the middle.

clenz
October 24th, 2013, 08:46 PM
All terrible

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Twentysix
October 24th, 2013, 09:02 PM
The faded bear face is pretty good, the rest are horrendous.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2013, 09:35 PM
3rd down on the right column is the best.

Franks Tanks
October 24th, 2013, 11:00 PM

I vote for that one as well, but the bear head could be a little smaller.

clenz
October 24th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Which comes first...New turf or locker rooms in your basketball facility?

lionsrking2
October 24th, 2013, 11:18 PM
My personal favorite is the bottom right with the big M in the middle ... the middle left and lower left would probably bring the most tolerable shock value, though the upper middle would probably be a good middle ground option. Unique and traditional, all at the same time.

dewey
October 24th, 2013, 11:18 PM

I like that one as well and I also like the top middle one.

The ones on the left are all horrible but nothing compared to the one in Cheneyxlolx

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2013, 12:01 AM
2nd one down in the middle. Subtle but yet different.

Southern Bison
October 25th, 2013, 12:07 AM
The 2nd one down in the middle is the only one that is uniquely tolerable and non-cheesy.

Squealofthepig
October 25th, 2013, 01:44 AM
The faded bear face is pretty good, the rest are horrendous.

Agreed - also like the endzones with the tops of the bears.

Is this going to be called Briggs, Plaster or something else? (Just curious, as someone who grew up in SWMO and is familiar with John Q).

AppMan
October 25th, 2013, 06:50 AM
This stuff is getting insane. Turf is getting to be like helmets, the gaudier the better. What ever happened to a green field with colored endzones and a logo at mid field?

Twentysix
October 25th, 2013, 06:54 AM
This stuff is getting insane. Turf is getting to be like helmets, the gaudier the better. What ever happened to a green field with colored endzones and a logo at mid field?

Maybe in a couple years Oregon will have a new turf design for every game.

NDSUstudent
October 25th, 2013, 08:03 AM
I know I am probably the only one but I like the colored turf for some reason. My favorite is second from the bottom on the right. I like the big logos. I still think NDSU's logo is too small on the field but we had to fit in "Gate City Bank Field" in somehow.

msupokes1
October 25th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I like top 2 in the middle in the middle column.

Bison56
October 25th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I vote for that one as well, but the bear head could be a little smaller.

I agree.

Colored turf gives me vertigo..

DoWe
October 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
They went a perfect 12 attempts netting 12 failures, although a couple could be the basis of something better. Next 12 please.

Grizzlies82
October 25th, 2013, 08:54 AM

Agreed. The color thing was already stupid with Boise State's smurf turf 20 + years ago. NCAA should mandate green then let schools have some leeway with their logos.
If they don't rein this in next we'll have "Camo" turf, zig zags, and more neon colored fields like Eastern Washington's eye sore.

MplsBison
October 25th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Love the colored turfs!

Top left is probably the best one.

citdog
October 25th, 2013, 10:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF1QgxftDtg&list=WLlm38WKk7mLhvrZP9N06UPlN 8oAXUIhoa

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2013, 10:16 AM
For the love of God don't choose any in the left column!

Second from the top in the middle column is the best IMO.

Bisonator
October 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I like the third one down in the right column but shrink the head down a little bit.

Catbooster
October 25th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I agree with everyone that doesn't like colored turf.

More, bigger is not always better. All of the designs could stand to back off a little to a lot. Looks like they couldn't decide between all of their ideas so they used as many as possible and made them as big as possible. Too cluttered.

You won't be watching the game from a helicopter. Although I kind of like the partial bear face in the upper middle ones, I think it may end up just being a bunch of random lines when you're watching a game, or if a camera zooms in on the action. So I don't like it for the field.

Twentysix
October 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I agree with everyone that doesn't like colored turf.

More, bigger is not always better. All of the designs could stand to back off a little to a lot. Looks like they couldn't decide between all of their ideas so they used as many as possible and made them as big as possible. Too cluttered.

You won't be watching the game from a helicopter. Although I kind of like the partial bear face in the upper middle ones, I think it may end up just being a bunch of random lines when you're watching a game, or if a camera zooms in on the action. So I don't like it for the field.

A normal sized (for the 50 yard line) of the bear face in full colors would be awesome, with the giant bear face as a kind of watermark.

http://imageshack.us/a/img811/615/5okp.png

Uncle Rico's Clan
October 25th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Maybe in a couple years Oregon will have a new turf design for every game.

It's a good thing that one of Oregon's primary colors is green. Think about how god awful their field would be to look at if they had different colors.

Milkman
October 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
For the love of God don't choose any in the left column!

Second from the top in the middle column is the best IMO.

I agree whole heartedly. The only kind of "innovative" design in recent memory that I can get behind is the sublimated patterns such as the 2nd down in the middle column (the ones that ppl have been referring to as a watermark). Baseball has been doing this for a while simply by mowing the grass in a different direction to create images and I think it can be bold and interesting without being overstated or jarring to the eyes.

Milkman
October 25th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I whole heartedly agree, that is. For some reason I wasnt able to edit my post.

MSUBear42
October 25th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Which comes first...New turf or locker rooms in your basketball facility?

You could at least be a semi-informed jackass, if you're going to be a jackass.

Our new $2 million basketball locker facility will be finished some time in November. And yes, the new student side will have game day locker rooms for both MSU and the visiting team.

Hammerhead
October 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
The close-ups of the bear face looked like spiders to me at first glance.

Twentysix
October 25th, 2013, 02:05 PM
The close-ups of the bear face looked like spiders to me at first glance.

I think you probably had to much LSD with your coffee. It really doesn't look like that lol.

Thundar
October 25th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Is "none of the above" an option?

yeah, those are hideous

bojeta
October 25th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Bear head on the right, but REDUCE the size by at least 50%

bojeta
October 25th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I'm a HUGE believer in school color turf!! I think Cal Poly should go for GREEN :D