PDA

View Full Version : 10-26-13 #2 Eastern Illinois @ #21 Tennessee State, LP Field 4PM Kick-Off

PanthersBlue
October 23rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
FCS Top Offense Faces FCS No. 2 Defense

One of the bigger games of the weekend and a game that could determin the outcome of the OVC Championship race.

This will be the 16th meeting between Eastern Illinois and Tennessee State. EIU holds a slight 8-7 all-time series advantage. The two teams did not meet last season as part of the OVC's adjusted schedule. In the last meeting on Nov. 5, 2011, Tennessee State rallied for a late 18-17 win over Eastern Illinois in the final home game for long time head coach Bob Spoo. The two teams will play at LP Field where EIU is 5-3 against TSU.

Tennessee State features one of the best defensive units in the nation as the Tigers enter the weekend ranked second nationally in total defense and scoring defense. TSU has allowed 20 or more points in only one game this year, a 41-21 win over Tennessee Tech. Stephen Godbolt was a preseason Buchanan Award candidate and has 15 tackles and 5 pass break-ups this year. Nick Thrasher has led the team with 58 tackles and 8.5 tackles for loss. Anthony Bass has a team high six sacks with 9.5 tackles for loss. On offense Tim Broughton is 13th in the nation in rushing with 825 yards. Michael German has returned as quarterback throwing for 725 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Thoughts and scores please

msupokes1
October 23rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Kinda anxious to see how this one plays out. Any chance it is on TV or internet broadcast?

tsutiger
October 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Hmmmmm. Looks like we will be without German. College football is all about QB play. Going into this game with a Freshman QB vs. the best QB in FCS is not good news for us. My heart says we win a close one, but my brain says EIU wins by 14. Hope i'm wrong.

PanthersBlue
October 23rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
Kinda anxious to see how this one plays out. Any chance it is on TV or internet broadcast?

Go to OVCSports.com and follow the link to the OVC Digital Network, that will have a live stream.

PanthersBlue
October 23rd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hmmmmm. Looks like we will be without German. College football is all about QB play. Going into this game with a Freshman QB vs. the best QB in FCS is not good news for us. My heart says we win a close one, but my brain says EIU wins by 14. Hope i'm wrong.

What is wrong with German?

chattownmocs
October 23rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Number 1 offense vs Number 2 defense. GOTW in FCS as far as I'm concerned.

citdog
October 23rd, 2013, 03:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVG1q49yPaY

roknows50
October 23rd, 2013, 07:16 PM

Got injured 2 weeks ago vs. Jacksonville State.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Rooting for Tennessee St but I don't think they'll be able to pull it off. Looks like this may be the best defense Garappolo and company have faced all year outside of NIU.

Skyhawk71
October 23rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
TSU is huge and has speed, they have an outstanding defense, but even if they can slow down the Panthers scoring output, they will have to find a way to get offensive points- the defense scored 16 of the 29 points against UTM...........Good luck to the Tigers

dystopiamembrane
October 23rd, 2013, 07:59 PM
EIU wins a close one

underdawg
October 23rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
EIU wins big

skinny_uncle
October 24th, 2013, 01:19 AM
This is probably the toughest game left for EIU until the playoffs, but I think they will win.

Humble Steward
October 24th, 2013, 07:30 AM
TSU defense is outright physical and is capable of creating turnovers and putting points on the board. BCU knows how physical they are. TSU wins in a close one.

Sycamore62
October 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM
any chance this is on espn3? ive never had much luck with the ovc website

Skyhawk71
October 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
any chance this is on espn3? ive never had much luck with the ovc website

Eastern Kentucky at SEMO is listed as the ESPN 3 game, one would think that ESPN could override that, but apparently at last check it is still listed as the game, OVC digital network is week to week, only two schools have installed the new system that was requested this year, but you would think LP Field would have the best equipment for this, last time I watched a TSU game, it was in the Hole, and not very good-

Skyhawk71
October 26th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Today is the day, after not playing last season, this one is most likely the OVC Championship, but I believe both teams are playoff teams this year............TSU will have to control the ball, and find any way possible to score, but I see the day belonging to EIU...........Should be a great game, but only time will tell

buck50
October 26th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I think EIU will win big. They look crazy good this year and if they can avoid injury I look at them making a good run in the playoffs. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the final score so I can see if EKU can compete with TSU. EKUs 2 FCS losses are to Coastal and EIU. I'm hoping they can win out and sneak into the playoffs.
EIU wins big

skinny_uncle
October 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM
EIU wins a close one

You are dying to say 38-33 aren't you?

Twentysix
October 26th, 2013, 12:11 PM
http://www.ovcdigitalnetwork.com/showcase/?Live=969

Direct link

underdawg
October 26th, 2013, 11:17 PM
nice call by dysto===34-16 EIu

underdawg
October 26th, 2013, 11:22 PM
TSU is huge and has speed, they have an outstanding defense, but even if they can slow down the Panthers scoring output, they will have to find a way to get offensive points- the defense scored 16 of the 29 points against UTM...........Good luck to the Tigers

Yes, i'm sure their team looks great walking though airport terminals--looked average on the field however. EIU should have had a couple more scores to add to their 34 pts---