PDA

View Full Version : Fmr SFA HC Santiago Out as Utah St OC

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2006, 08:24 AM
One Lumberjack out as OC, another former Lumberjack coaching assistant in for the last ranked Div I offense...then again, I think that means I-A...

Tough times all around for those associated with the Lumberjack football program...
===========
USU Offensive Coordinator Mike Santiago Resigns His Position Monday
Aggie offense ranked last in Division I after four weeks

Sept. 25, 2006

LOGAN, Utah - Utah State head football coach Brent Guy announced that offensive coordinator Mike Santiago has resigned his position as of Monday.

Santiago, who was in his second year as the offensive coordinator at Utah State, has overseen an offense which ranks last in the country in both total offense (179.50 yards per game) and scoring (1.75 points per game).

In fact, the Aggie offense has not scored in four games as the lone USU points in four contests was on an interception return in the season opener at Wyoming. USU also ranks 105th in rushing offense (86.00) and 116th in passing offense (93.50) among the nation's 119 division I programs.

"Due to philosophical differences I am resigning as the offensive coordinator of the Utah State University football team," Santiago said. "I would like to take this time to say how much I respect the work, leadership and especially the friendship of (USU athletics director) Colonel Randy Spetman. I wish the student-athletes all the best in their futures here at Utah State and beyond."

"We wish Mike and his family the best in the future," Guy said. "This is a tough situation for all parties involved

Current wide receivers coach Greg Stevens will take over as interim offensive coordinator. The 37-year old Stevens was the offensive coordinator at Stephen F. Austin for three seasons (2002-04) under Santiago before the pair came to USU ahead of the 2005 season.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/092506acc.html

SFA 71
October 4th, 2006, 05:17 PM
And yet you deride & question SFA for letting him go. Which is it, "he's great & should not be replaced as head coach at SFA," or "What took Utah so long to let him go?" :eyebrow: