PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Power Rankings 10-21

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2013, 12:40 AM
Now we come down the home stretch with games being played that will decide exactly who is the top dog in the conference. Last week things went pretty much as expected so not much movement in the rankings this week. Here are this week's power rankings (last week in parenthesis). As usual, all are my opinion only and all open for discussion, and this week may be some great discussion. Have at it.

1. Eastern Washington (1)---The Eagles brought in Southern Utah and put them away fairly easy. They have remained at the top of the conference after their opening win at Oregon State. However, the games start to get tougher as this week, they go on the road to Montana.

2. Montana State (3)---The only way the Bobcats have appeared somewhat beatable has been when McGhee has been injured. Lately with him back in the lineup they win as evident by last week's road win at Weber State. They bring in UC-Davis this weekend.

3. Montana (2)---The Grizzlies needed a late touchdown to force overtime against Cal Poly, then scored early to get a well deserved win. Late game heroics for the Grizzlies. This week, they stay at home and play Eastern Washington in the game in the conference.

4. Cal Poly (5)---The Mustangs played almost a complete game, but to win in Montana, you need to finish the win. Otherwise, you may find yourself on the short end. They will need to wake up in a hurry as they entertain Northern Arizona this weekend.

5. Northern Arizona (4)---The Lumberjacks put away Idaho State at home last week, even after two late scores made the game a bit interesting. Can they get an easy win over someone not named Montana? This weekend they go to Cal Poly.

6. Sacramento State (6)---The Hornets continue to roll along in relative obscurity, adding to North Dakota's woes last week. The thoughts of the terrible season start comfortably behind them, this week they have off to rest and recharge.

7. Southern Utah (7)---The Thunderbirds defense has kept them in the games lately but their offense has gone south and they could not get the upset at Eastern Washington last week. Where has the offense gone? This week, they entertain Idaho State.

8. Portland State (8)---The Vikings took last week off to try to figure out how to play without the mistakes that have plagued them so far this season. Whether they have them solved remains to be seen, but this weekend, they bring in struggling North Dakota.

9. UC-Davis (10)---The Aggies were able to get by Northern Colorado last week on the road and are hoping to close out with a flurry. However, the season starts to get tough, with this weekend finding them on the road at Montana State.

10. North Dakota (9)---The former Sioux were expecting better things this year than what they have shown so far. But they have struggled at home, lately last week against Sacramento State. This weekend, they hit the road against Portland State.

11. Idaho State (11)---The Bengals threw a bit of a scare at Northern Arizona, before ultimately succumbing for the loss. They are playing better but they do need to win against someone. This weekend, they hit the road and play at Southern Utah.

12. Weber State (12)---The Wildcats threw a bit of a scare into Montana State last week, but in the end, they were still on the losing part. They have not been able to win since the first game of the year. This week, they are resting.

13. Northern Colorado (13)---This season was supposed to be a better season than this for the Bears. Last week, UC-Davis added to their woes. This week, a sure sign that they will not lose as they are taking this weekend off. Maybe to recoup some magic.

RECAP: 1-3 out front, 4-5 just behind, 6 alone, 7-10 fading and 11-13 in the back.

wapiti
October 23rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Looks good.
I probably would have put UM and MSU in a tie and have swapped ND and ISU.

darell1976
October 23rd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Looks good.
I probably would have put UM and MSU in a tie and have swapped ND and ISU.

Why? UND beat ISU.

wapiti
October 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Why? UND beat ISU.

Brain fart on my part.
Then UND should be ahead of ISU.

F'N Hawks
October 23rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Brain fart on my part.
Then UND should be ahead of ISU.

They both suck. Bigtime.

catbob
October 23rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure we are ahead of the Griz right now. Although we don't have to face another spread team in conference play so we got that going for us...