PDA

View Full Version : Where does South Dakota finish?

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2013, 09:44 PM
They are 4-3, 3-1 in MVFC with wins over UC Davis (3-5), Missouri State (2-6), Indiana State (1-6), and Northern Iowa (4-3). Losses to Kansas (2-4), Northern Arizona (5-2), and Western Illinois (3-5).

4-3
Games left:
@Illinois State (3-4)
Youngstown State (7-1)
Montana (6-1)
South Dakota State (4-4)
@North Dakota State (7-0)

What are your predictions?

Mine is 6-6. Wins over ISU and SDSU. I could see anywhere from 5-7(only ISU) to 8-4(maybe a stretch)(everyone but NDSU) as a possibility.

OBC
October 20th, 2013, 10:15 PM
My heart says 8-4 - get to the playoffs.

My mind tells me that USD has too many unresolved problems on special teams and it will extract a heavy price. Couple that with an inexperienced QB that is bound to have some growing pains (even though he looked great against UNI) I think he is bound to have some costly picks.

6-6 looks more like it and believable. Anything more and this team has really made some noise after a one win season last year.

Illinois State will be tough - all road games are for the Yotes. Not sure what to think about ISU. This is a swing game IMO - could go either way. Since it is on the road and outdoors, I am leaning towards a close loss. This game will tell all of us how much momentum does USD really have.

YSU - I think USD can match up well with them and since it is at home, I'll take the Yotes.

Montana - I have a bad feeling about this match up for the Yotes.

SDSU - this will be a very physical battle. I think both USD and SDSU will bring their best. Should be a hell of a game. Yotes win at home. (Even though SDSU will have a ton of fans there)

NDSU - it will be closer than last year's game, but it would take some major injuries to key Bison players to make me think USD goes to Fargo and wins.

Winning in Cedar Falls was #2 on this Coyote fans wish list. Only thing that I would have wanted more was a win up in Fargo.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2013, 10:30 PM
My heart says 8-4 - get to the playoffs.

My mind tells me that USD has too many unresolved problems on special teams and it will extract a heavy price. Couple that with an inexperienced QB that is bound to have some growing pains (even though he looked great against UNI) I think he is bound to have some costly picks.

6-6 looks more like it and believable. Anything more and this team has really made some noise after a one win season last year.

Illinois State will be tough - all road games are for the Yotes. Not sure what to think about ISU. This is a swing game IMO - could go either way. Since it is on the road and outdoors, I am leaning towards a close loss. This game will tell all of us how much momentum does USD really have.

YSU - I think USD can match up well with them and since it is at home, I'll take the Yotes.

Montana - I have a bad feeling about this match up for the Yotes.

SDSU - this will be a very physical battle. I think both USD and SDSU will bring their best. Should be a hell of a game. Yotes win at home. (Even though SDSU will have a ton of fans there)

NDSU - it will be closer than last year's game, but it would take some major injuries to key Bison players to make me think USD goes to Fargo and wins.

Winning in Cedar Falls was #2 on this Coyote fans wish list. Only thing that I would have wanted more was a win up in Fargo.

6-6 is better than I expected this year. I knew you guys would be improved, but not that quickly.

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 10:54 PM
They will certainty win at least one more game, 4-1 to finish the season isn't that far fetched though it will only take a few lucky bounces of the ball, especially with 3 of those games being at home.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2013, 11:01 PM
They will certainty win at least one more game, 4-1 to finish the season isn't that far fetched though it will only take a few lucky bounces of the ball, especially with 3 of those games being at home.

Only coming away with one loss from YSU, Montana, SDSU, and NDSU would be very impressive.

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Only coming away with one loss from YSU, Montana, SDSU, and NDSU would be very impressive.

Being at home for the 3 obvious choices certainly doesn't hurt.

DoubleE
October 20th, 2013, 11:25 PM
5-7

BisonBohl
October 21st, 2013, 01:03 AM
I only see one win remaining and that is Ill St, wouldn't shock me if they lost out.

Twentysix
October 21st, 2013, 01:49 AM
I only see one win remaining and that is Ill St, wouldn't shock me if they lost out.

Would it shock you if they win 2 more games?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2013, 06:38 AM
5-7

Probably this right here.

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2013, 06:54 AM
6-6 (5-3)

I think they lose to YSU, Montana, and NDSU and beat Illinois St and SDSU. I'm giving them the SDSU game because the Bunnies will likely have lost any chance at the playoffs by then and the Yotes will be fueled by the environment in Vermillion in the first time this game has been played there in the D1 era.

Still, 6-6 with 5 conference wins coming off the year USD did in 2012 would be very impressive.

Thundar
October 21st, 2013, 07:32 AM
6-6 (5-3)

I think they lose to YSU, Montana, and NDSU and beat Illinois St and SDSU. I'm giving them the SDSU game because the Bunnies will likely have lost any chance at the playoffs by then and the Yotes will be fueled by the environment in Vermillion in the first time this game has been played there in the D1 era.

Still, 6-6 with 5 conference wins coming off the year USD did in 2012 would be very impressive.

considering the the team I watched last year in Sioux Falls was nothing but a HS team they have been impressive no matter their final record this year

ysubigred
October 21st, 2013, 07:41 AM
7-5 xthumbsupx

Lehigh'98
October 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM
But they don't have that big win over Colgate this year....xcoffeex

IBleedYellow
October 21st, 2013, 08:25 AM
I'm going 7-5. Yotes are beating UM, SDSU and ISU.