PDA

View Full Version : Parsons Field

Mr. C
October 20th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I was sitting at home watching a movie (R.I.P.D.) on Sunday evening with the family which was set in Boston when Parsons Field, former home of the Northeastern football team, came on the screen for an extended scene. Four years since Parsons — arguably the worst FCS stadium during its day — has hosted a college football game. I guess they found something to use this 1933-era stadium for beyond baseball, soccer, lacrosse and high school football games. When we saw the many street scenes set around Boston, I had joked "I wonder if we will see Parsons Field." There were some scenes shot at nearby Fenway Park as well.

paward
October 20th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I was there on a 90 degree day in September 2008. It was hard to find and extremely small. It did have a distinct feeling. There was a ton of pride from the fans that was at the game. It got a bad wrap but it was a nice cordial experience for me. Good to see it has found some usage.

MR. CHICKEN
October 21st, 2013, 11:17 AM
......UH REALLY TOUGH PLACE TA PLAY......NOR'EASTER....USED TA GIVE DUH HENS....FITS....BACK IN DUH DAY...(AN' WE WERE PRETTY GOOD...BACK IN DUH DAY)......IN FACT......UD's.....OWN-LAH DEFEAT...(24-14)....DURIN' 2003...NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RUN....HAPPENED @....DAT PLACE........AWK!