PDA

View Full Version : The only way ndsu loses this year

Pages : [1] 2

kingranch
October 20th, 2013, 01:26 PM
The only way they lose this year is if they are losing at halftime, the lockeroom ceiling somehow caves in killing them all. This team plays at another level in the second half.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 20th, 2013, 01:39 PM
There are no givens in the playoffs.

Back in 2001, it seemed like no one could stop GSU from three-peating. We had a really dominant defense like NDSU's and had a better offense. We beat Furman and App. State who were both top 10s in two-possession games. We seemed unstoppable when both Adrian Peterson and JR Revere were playing. But Furman found a way to beat us and end our ridiculous streak of playoff games at home.

TigerFen
October 20th, 2013, 01:48 PM
I think NDSU can be beaten by a team that doesn't make mistakes and can run the football. I think the best team to do that is sometime in the playoffs. Maybe an Fordham, Eastern Illinois or Maine can beat NDSU in a Final four or Championship That's why there are the playoffs.

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I think NDSU can be beaten by a team that doesn't make mistakes and can run the football. I think the best team to do that is sometime in the playoffs. Maybe an Fordham, Eastern Illinois or Maine can beat NDSU in a Final four or Championship That's why there are the playoffs.

A balanced attack will have a lot more luck than a team that can only run...

ValleyTalk
October 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM
November 16th... YSU Hall of Fame Game... Jim Tressel being inducted into YSU HOF...

Largest crowd since Tressel coached at YSU is what many are expecting...

That is the most likely scenario of NDSU losing.... At the ICE CASTLE!

gotts
October 20th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Better chance of them losing at home than on the road.

Thundar
October 20th, 2013, 02:21 PM
November 16th... YSU Hall of Fame Game... Jim Tressel being inducted into YSU HOF...

we we won at KState in front of 50K doubt 20K will intimidate them much
but yes this should be a good game

blueballs
October 20th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Back in 2001, it seemed like no one could stop GSU from three-peating. We had a really dominant defense like NDSU's and had a better offense. We beat Furman and App. State who were both top 10s in two-possession games. We seemed unstoppable when both Adrian Peterson and JR Revere were playing. But Furman found a way to beat us and end our ridiculous streak of playoff games at home.

It is worse than that... GSU had a 10 pt lead at half and was receiving the second half kickoff. They fumbled the kickoff return which set Furman up and then fumbled the first play after the subsequent kickoff which set Furman up again... just like that they were tied and in trouble.

A couple of series later Peterson took a shot in the small of the back and was done. Furman later scored and bled the clock dry and just like that a great era was done. You never know how things will work out... a couple of bad plays and you get beat.

blueballs
October 20th, 2013, 02:31 PM
but yes this should be a good game

I wouldn't expect the crowd to intimidate or affect NDSU in any way. I would, however, expect the event and the crowd to raise YSU up which might make them play better.

ValleyTalk
October 20th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't expect the crowd to intimidate or affect NDSU in any way. I would, however, expect the event and the crowd to raise YSU up which might make them play better.
Two previous meetings in Youngstown:
In 2008, we beat #2 (at the time) NDSU 32-24.

In 2010, YSU took a 29-28 lead with less than a minute remaining, but NDSU responded in under 30 seconds to beat YSU 35-29.

Bisonator
October 20th, 2013, 02:38 PM
It is worse than that... GSU had a 10 pt lead at half and was receiving the second half kickoff. They fumbled the kickoff return which set Furman up and then fumbled the first play after the subsequent kickoff which set Furman up again... just like that they were tied and in trouble.

A couple of series later Peterson took a shot in the small of the back and was done. Furman later scored and bled the clock dry and just like that a great era was done. You never know how things will work out... a couple of bad plays and you get beat.

Yeah I think it will take turnovers and injuries to derail us this year. A couple key injuries and or pick sixes or fumbles at key times in a game and anyone can beat anyone. Last years game against Indiana State is a prime example.

uofmman1122
October 20th, 2013, 02:39 PM

You would have lost to us in the chipper either way. xcoffeex

Bisonator
October 20th, 2013, 02:41 PM

Should be a great game! Hopefully the Bison put a damper on the festivities!xthumbsupx

bri-dog
October 20th, 2013, 02:41 PM

Kind of like Kansas State's unveiling of the statue of Bill Snyder and their renovated stadium?:)

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
You would have lost to us in the chipper either way. xcoffeex

I don't know about that. We were a better team than Furman, beat them by 10 in the regular season, and just had a really bad second half.

And didn't you beat Furman by a touchdown with Louis Ivory either out or not at 100%?

penguinpower
October 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
YSU is not going to beat NDSU but they are good enough to have a remote chance just as anyone that is decent has.

NDSU doesn't make much in the way of adjustments after the half, it is their depth that makes the difference. They do what they do and they challenge you to stop it. After a while teams cannot keep up and the depth of their team shows up. I can totally appreciate that philosophy because that is how YSU was in the dynasty days. YSU teams would line up and figurativley say we going to run the ball and you just go ahead and try to stop us. On defense the motto was you are not going run the ball let alone score on us so go ahead and try to score.

At the end of the day defense wins championships and NDSU has that defense. YSU has more depth than I thought we had at the beginning of the year. YSU has not played a single game this year with a full compliment on O or D but hopefully the bye week gives them some guys back. YSU lost a few more against WIU. Winning in the MVFC is all about depth.

Pehaps that is why YSU held SIU scoreless in the second half when they played.

I can say that WIU will be a force to recokon with in a couple of years. They are well coached, but so is SIU, NDSU, SDSU, UNI, MSU, ISU-red and blue and SD.

Daved
October 20th, 2013, 03:00 PM
but yes this should be a good gameWould love to see 20k @ this game but would be
shocked to see that many even with perfect weather and ticket giveaways--would love to be proven wrong.

IBleedYellow
October 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Everyone needs to remember the name of this board.

That said, I hope you're correct and no one beats is.

Moto X

marenlee
October 20th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Would love to see 20k @ this game but would be
shocked to see that many even with perfect weather and ticket giveaways--would love to be proven wrong.

Does Ohio State need to have a bad year to fill up the stadium?

penguinpower
October 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Does Ohio State need to have a bad year to fill up the stadium?

Boy you nailed that one. It is unfortunate that most people in Ohio think that the FCS is junior varsity. Pair that thought process with the fact that it is okay to root for the Buckeyes and some bad weather in an outdoor stadium and presto you have 200 people show up.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Everyone needs to remember the name of this board.

That said, I hope you're correct and no one beats is.

Moto X

Except when people are talking about NDSU, they seems to forget the "any" part and go for "every" part.

ISUb and a bye is going to let these kids heal up.

ValleyTalk
October 20th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Nobody gave us a chance two years ago and we stunned NDSU by making just enough plays on offense and getting some turnovers to go our way. Last year, we wrapped up enough turnovers for NDSU to fit below a Christmas tree and we got decimated as a result.

In order to beat great teams, you need to play mistake free football and hope the opposition coughs the ball up once or twice.

Ohio State is overrated yet again this year. A loss to Penn State Saturday, which could easily happen, should help YSU's cause. The Buckeyes take on the Illini that day, but the time is TBA. My guess is that will be a 330 game, with the YSU kick at 2pm.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Nobody gave us a chance two years ago and we stunned NDSU by making just enough plays on offense and getting some turnovers to go our way. Last year, we wrapped up enough turnovers for NDSU to fit below a Christmas tree and we got decimated as a result.

In order to beat great teams, you need to play mistake free football and hope the opposition coughs the ball up once or twice.

Ohio State is overrated yet again this year. A loss to Penn State Saturday, which could easily happen, should help YSU's cause. The Buckeyes take on the Illini that day, but the time is TBA. My guess is that will be a 330 game, with the YSU kick at 2pm.

I would contend that 2011's gift was much bigger than 2012's

MTfan4life
October 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I don't know about that. We were a better team than Furman, beat them by 10 in the regular season, and just had a really bad second half.

And didn't you beat Furman by a touchdown with Louis Ivory either out or not at 100%?

Just to clarify this comment. Furman's only score was on a meaningless last play of the game batted down but lucky bounce hail mary play. Otherwise Furman didn't really even threaten. Furman didn't have a single guy rush for more than 34 yards while Montana's top guy ran for 142. Louis Ivory did NOT play against Georgia Southern the week before, but did play against Montana. To say the championship was a nail biter would be a long shot.

Bisonoline
October 20th, 2013, 04:16 PM

What won the game for you was your O-line. They were huge and good. Our d-line couldnt put any pressure on your QB.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 20th, 2013, 04:18 PM
What won the game for you was your O-line. They were huge and good. Our d-line couldnt put any pressure on your QB.

Since he played woulda coulda, I have been saying for 2 years now that if DJ doesn't drop that ball on the first play of the 3rd qtr - he scores a touchdown and YSU doesn't win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 20th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Since he played woulda coulda, I have been saying for 2 years now that if DJ doesn't drop that ball on the first play of the 3rd qtr - he scores a touchdown and YSU doesn't win.

That and those pick 6s and this team has a 37-0 streak right now.

Two plays away from one of the best streaks in college FB history.....

blueballs
October 20th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Just to clarify this comment. Furman's only score was on a meaningless last play of the game batted down but lucky bounce hail mary play. Otherwise Furman didn't really even threaten. Furman didn't have a single guy rush for more than 34 yards while Montana's top guy ran for 142. Louis Ivory did NOT play against Georgia Southern the week before, but did play against Montana. To say the championship was a nail biter would be a long shot.

No doubt about it... Montana really kicked Furman's butt. I remember watching the game and thinking that Furman had shot their wad and won their championship the week before and that GSU's bad second half robbed everybody of a rematch of the epic title game the year before.

Montana took care of business and deserved the championship.

ValleyTalk
October 20th, 2013, 06:29 PM
YSU has a nice 10 game FCS win streak going right now which should be up there among FCS teams.

Bisonwinagn
October 20th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Boy you nailed that one. It is unfortunate that most people in Ohio think that the FCS is junior varsity. Pair that thought process with the fact that it is okay to root for the Buckeyes and some bad weather in an outdoor stadium and presto you have 200 people show up.

What is the perception of teams from the MAC conference? I assume that is JV also compared to OSU. I really don't see any difference between the MAC and MVFC and NDSU wouldn't lose more than one game if they played those teams. The Big Ten arrogance is also laughable at times.

JayJ79
October 20th, 2013, 06:48 PM
What is the perception of teams from the MAC conference? I assume that is JV also compared to OSU. I really don't see any difference between the MAC and MVFC and NDSU wouldn't lose more than one game if they played those teams. The Big Ten arrogance is also laughable at times.

Instead of JV and Varsity, I think a more apt comparison would be the "classes" that highschool football is divided into in most states. the "BCS"/"AQ"/"power" conferences would be 4A, the non-AQ FBS conferences would be 3A, the full-scholly FCS schools would be 2A, and so on.

Sometimes a good smaller highschool program can beat quite a few of the bigger highschool programs. But the bigger programs tend to have more money/resources to work with, and a bigger player (recruiting in terms of college) pool.

Mr. C
October 20th, 2013, 07:23 PM

Special teams proved to be Georgia Southern's undoing that day. Some some strong QB play from Billy Napier. Even more dominant in my mind was the 1998 Georgia Southern team (at least offensively) that loss in the rain against UMass in the national championship game.

I agree with you, there are always perils for teams to overcome in the playoffs.

Mr. C
October 20th, 2013, 07:27 PM
YSU has a nice 10 game FCS win streak going right now which should be up there among FCS teams.
Hoping to be in the press box for that YSU-NDSU showdown in a few weeks. We will see what happens at the Ice Castle.

penguinpower
October 20th, 2013, 07:31 PM

Most think that the MAC teams have better exposure to the next level (be it Canadian foot ball or the NFL). Not only do they believe that there is better opportunity in athletics, but they also believe that there is better opportunity in academics. I don't get it. Siemens Corporation just gave $440 million to YSU's (already excellent) engineering program. This will make them better than top 50 in the USA. One issue I see is that the MAC programs excel in liberal arts and no offense to those in liberal arts, but YSU is not a liberal arts school. YSU is a STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) school with an excellent music program. Kent, Akron, Mt. Union, Baldwin Wallace, Malone, Cleveland State, Duequense, Pitt, Carnegie, and Mercyhurst are within an hour of YSU and they are not technical colleges (except Pitt and Carnegie showing how close they are to YSU). As a matter of fact YSU has a pipeline into Emory in Atlanta in the sciences.

When YSU was formed in 1908 they were known as the Youngstown Institute of Technology before they became Youngstown College and finally Youngstown State University. They were heavily funded by the steel mills and known for mechaincal, electrical and materials sciences and engineering

Most people in NE Ohio fall into liberal arts in their studies so YSU is left out of the picture unless the kids are technical.

Back. To the point; the issue is that many people in the Y-town area think YSU is not as good as other schools because of the admissions requirements ( YSU will let you in but not necessarily let you out) and since there are not as many technical majors as there are liberal arts, the parents steer their kids to other schools like Kent , Akron and Duquense( btw Duquense has 2 y-town kids that were recruited by YSU on their team). It is the reality that YSU faces and the competition for the kids ends up being simply difficult.

Athletically most in the Y-town area think that the MAC is better and I can name many local recruits that went to MAC schools over YSU. Youngstown is a hotbet for FBS recruiting and the reason why Tressel won the NC's was because he found a way to recruit the kids from the area to stay in the area. Today it is much different. At the end of the day the perception that MAC and B1G schools are better is the reality. Back in the day YSU was better than many Big 10 schools but never had the oppotunity to play them. The 1994 team was a top 15 team at the FBS level. Awesome defense, awesome.

ValleyTalk
October 20th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Most think that the MAC teams have better exposure to the next level (be it Canadian foot ball or the NFL). Not only do they believe that there is better opportunity in athletics, but they also believe that there is better opportunity in academics. I don't get it. Siemens Corporation just gave $440 million to YSU's (already excellent) engineering program. This will make them better than top 50 in the USA. One issue I see is that the MAC programs excel in liberal arts and no offense to those in liberal arts, but YSU is not a liberal arts school. YSU is a STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) school with an excellent music program. Kent, Akron, Mt. Union, Baldwin Wallace, Malone, Cleveland State, Duequense, Pitt, Carnegie, and Mercyhurst are within an hour of YSU and they are not technical colleges (except Pitt and Carnegie showing how close they are to YSU). As a matter of fact YSU has a pipeline into Emory in Atlanta in the sciences.

When YSU was formed in 1908 they were known as the Youngstown Institute of Technology before they became Youngstown College and finally Youngstown State University. They were heavily funded by the steel mills and known for mechaincal, electrical and materials sciences and engineering

Most people in NE Ohio fall into liberal arts in their studies so YSU is left out of the picture unless the kids are technical.

Back. To the point; the issue is that many people in the Y-town area think YSU is not as good as other schools because of the admissions requirements ( YSU will let you in but not necessarily let you out) and since there are not as many technical majors as there are liberal arts, the parents steer their kids to other schools like Kent , Akron and Duquense( btw Duquense has 2 y-town kids that were recruited by YSU on their team). It is the reality that YSU faces and the competition for the kids ends up being simply difficult.

Athletically most in the Y-town area think that the MAC is better and I can name many local recruits that went to MAC schools over YSU. Youngstown is a hotbet for FBS recruiting and the reason why Tressel won the NC's was because he found a way to recruit the kids from the area to stay in the area. Today it is much different. At the end of the day the perception that MAC and B1G schools are better is the reality. Back in the day YSU was better than many Big 10 schools but never had the oppotunity to play them. The 1994 team was a top 15 team at the FBS level. Awesome defense, awesome.
Tressel was on Cooper to schedule us around that 94-95 timeframe but he wanted no part of that game for obvious reasons. Tressel later made it happen with a giant paycheck to YSU in 2007-2008.

theasushow
October 20th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I remember after ASU beat Michigan many (including myself) thought we were unbeatable and far superior to the competition. And in all honesty We had every right to believe that...but wofford and gsu put us in our place real fast. AGS

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I remember after ASU beat Michigan many (including myself) thought we were unbeatable and far superior to the competition. And in all honesty We had every right to believe that...but wofford and gsu put us in our place real fast. AGS

I think most NDSU fans go into each game this season realizing there is a pretty good shot we give the game away(sans the walking W's, Del State, Ferris etc.). I sure did.

Especially with an opening schedule like K-State SDSU UNI.

chattownmocs
October 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM

Your arrogance is laughable. If you guys played most MAC teams the way you have played the last 3 weeks you would be 0-3.

Bisonoline
October 20th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Your arrogance is laughable. If you guys played most MAC teams the way you have played the last 3 weeks you would be 0-3.

IF IF IF IF scenarios. Thats all you got.

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 12:04 AM
IF IF IF IF scenarios. Thats all you got.

The MVC is full of guys that weren't good enough to play MAC football coming out of high school. They also have 20 more scholarships. The MVC is nowhere near the MAC.

As far as NDSU goes, the notion that they are anywhere near even the top 50 of college football is laughable. Trailed 23-10 before coming back to win by one. Led lowly Missouri State 24-20 in the 2nd half before pulling away, and then trailed 10-0 this week. There isn't a chance in hell even teams like Kentucky would struggle with that caliber of team 3 weeks in a row. I doubt Wyoming would. North Dakota state is a fraud when mentioned at that level.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 12:14 AM
The MVC is full of guys that weren't good enough to play MAC football coming out of high school. They also have 20 more scholarships. The MVC is nowhere near the MAC.

As far as NDSU goes, the notion that they are anywhere near even the top 50 of college football is laughable. Trailed 23-10 before coming back to win by one. Led lowly Missouri State 24-20 in the 2nd half before pulling away, and then trailed 10-0 this week. There isn't a chance in hell even teams like Kentucky would struggle with that caliber of team 3 weeks in a row. I doubt Wyoming would. North Dakota state is a fraud when mentioned at that level.

xcoffeex xcrazyxxlolx Youre like a duck. All you do is quack and shaitzz.

344Johnson
October 21st, 2013, 12:23 AM

Nope. We'd roll them.

thebootfitter
October 21st, 2013, 01:17 AM
I think it's a pretty safe bet that any of NDSU's most recent three opponents would wipe the floor with UTC. I guess that it a bit off topic, though, eh?

Since the only top 50 team NDSU has played (and likely will play) this year is K-State (44th per Massey (http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2013&sub=11590); 41st per Sagarin's predictor score (http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm)), it is impossible to know for sure how we might fare against a full schedule of MAC or other FBS teams. This is obviously an impossible wager, but I'll put it out there anyway: I'd bet straight up that NDSU would have no more than two losses if they played in the MAC this year. (Quite possibly only 1 or none.)

You might not put much stock in computer models (understandably), but for the sake of argument, Massey shows NDSU beating Kentucky 78% of the times with an expected score of 30-20. Massey shows NDSU beating Wyoming 93% of the time. But Massey also has NDSU at 33rd in his system and UTC is 145th, so it is probably discredited in your mind out of the gate, right?

FargoBison
October 21st, 2013, 01:39 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/didntread.gif

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 01:58 AM
I think it's a pretty safe bet that any of NDSU's most recent three opponents would wipe the floor with UTC. I guess that it a bit off topic, though, eh?

Since the only top 50 team NDSU has played (and likely will play) this year is K-State (44th per Massey (http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2013&sub=11590); 41st per Sagarin's predictor score (http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm)), it is impossible to know for sure how we might fare against a full schedule of MAC or other FBS teams. This is obviously an impossible wager, but I'll put it out there anyway: I'd bet straight up that NDSU would have no more than two losses if they played in the MAC this year. (Quite possibly only 1 or none.)

You might not put much stock in computer models (understandably), but for the sake of argument, Massey shows NDSU beating Kentucky 78% of the times with an expected score of 30-20. Massey shows NDSU beating Wyoming 93% of the time. But Massey also has NDSU at 33rd in his system and UTC is 145th, so it is probably discredited in your mind out of the gate, right?

I think you are an idiot not only for your first sentence, but for your entire post. What a computer ranking cannot take into account (and you fools aren't smart enough to) is that both teams do not play every game like its the national title. When a major FBS team plays an FCS team they do not prepare for it and play like it is a big game. They can't, it is impossible for them to do so. The players don't buy it even if the coaches do.

thebootfitter
October 21st, 2013, 03:16 AM
I think you are an idiot not only for your first sentence, but for your entire post. What a computer ranking cannot take into account (and you fools aren't smart enough to) is that both teams do not play every game like its the national title. When a major FBS team plays an FCS team they do not prepare for it and play like it is a big game. They can't, it is impossible for them to do so. The players don't buy it even if the coaches do.
Right back at ya... I think you are an idiot. Period. ;-) (For what it's worth, I'm just trying to get you riled up. It's painfully easy to do so.)

I agree, though, that computer rankings have limitations, and not only when measuring across divisions of football. But when teams don't play each other in a season and you have to rely on data points and observations other than head to head competition, the computers can offer a useful -- even if far from conclusive -- data point.

Maybe UTC will make the playoffs this year and play UNI or SIU. If so, we can talk. Until then, we can look at other observations and data to make inconclusive judgements about what might happen.

Admittedly, I have not seen any game film of UTC this year, so take my comments for what they are worth. Even so, I suspect that even NDSU's "worst" recent opponent (Misery State) would give UTC a good game and more often than not come out on top. Also, for what it is worth, Massey agrees, giving UTC only a 46% probability of winning in simulated match ups.

frozennorth
October 21st, 2013, 03:48 AM
can't believe chattown is still posting this late in the season

blueballs
October 21st, 2013, 06:17 AM
NDSU doesn't need to worry about Chatty... heck, GSU beat them while only dressing out 57 players.

If Chatty had to walk into the atmosphere that GSU walked into last year on national TV in a national semifinal game they all be pissiing down their legs.

BisonBacker
October 21st, 2013, 06:50 AM
NDSU doesn't need to worry about Chatty... heck, GSU beat them while only dressing out 57 players.

If Chatty had to walk into the atmosphere that GSU walked into last year on national TV in a national semifinal game they all be pissiing down their legs.We won't have to worry about that they likely won't sniff the playoff's and our idiot poster will disappear into oblivion for another 9 months.

ysubigred
October 21st, 2013, 07:39 AM
Tressel was on Cooper to schedule us around that 94-95 timeframe but he wanted no part of that game for obvious reasons. Tressel later made it happen with a giant paycheck to YSU in 2007-2008.

95 would have been ugly :o That's the year of the scandal and losing all the "support". 94 on the other hand... xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
October 21st, 2013, 07:43 AM

It's not always about skill in recruiting. NDSU got a couple all-state recruits from Wisconsin because they were not 6'5". Some of these FBS schools will pass on a kid because of size. The MAC is not that much better than the top FCS conferences. Many of the top FCS schools would do well in the MAC, not just NDSU. Don't count your school short, how are the future Sun Belt teams doing in the Southern conference?

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 08:59 AM
It's not always about skill in recruiting. NDSU got a couple all-state recruits from Wisconsin because they were not 6'5". Some of these FBS schools will pass on a kid because of size. The MAC is not that much better than the top FCS conferences. Many of the top FCS schools would do well in the MAC, not just NDSU. Don't count your school short, how are the future Sun Belt teams doing in the Southern conference?

Lets not forget that NDSU seal clubbed the Chips who were MAC champions about 4 years ago. I think we put up 44 on them.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 09:19 AM

The QB that just committed with the awesome name was also considering Akron.

marenlee
October 21st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Many MVFC/NDSU recruits throughout the years have had offers from the MAC and chose these puny MVFC teams.

344Johnson
October 21st, 2013, 11:10 AM

Impossible eh? That is on them then and not on the FCS team. If the FBS is so much better, they would get by on talent alone. Just cause Chatty sucks doesn't mean the rest of the subdivision does.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Impossible eh? That is on them then and not on the FCS team. If the FBS is so much better, they would get by on talent alone. Just cause Chatty sucks doesn't mean the rest of the subdivision does.

Plus how the hell does he know what the players are thinking? What a troll.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 11:26 AM

Don't worry about him. He knows Chatty is going 2-3 the rest of the season.

bisonboone11
October 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
I don't know if this has been covered yet in this thread, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the only way NDSU loses this year is if they play a team that scores more points than the Bison are able to score on that day.

penguinpower
October 21st, 2013, 12:31 PM
I think that a team wins when they score more points than their oponent during a particular game

Vitojr130
October 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Lets not forget that NDSU seal clubbed the Chips who were MAC champions about 4 years ago. I think we put up 44 on them.

Not only seal-clubbed, but seal-clubbed, skinned, and sold for great profit.

44-14.

It wasn't even close.

They then went on to win the MAC.

Chattown's just being chattown.

bjtheflamesfan
October 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
A balanced attack will have a lot more luck than a team that can only run...

He did not say that said a team that can ONLY run the football, he said a team that can RUN the football. If a team can run the ball and control the clock, and keep NDSU's offense off the field, and when NDSU stacks the box to stop the run, uses the intermediate passing game to great effect (with efficient use of the deep ball to stretch the field), the Bison can be beaten.

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 12:53 PM
You fools can talk all the nonsense you want. If you think, that slopping around, pulling away late, coming back to beat your conference opponents puts you near of the top of FBS football, you are delusional. If you think early season wins over, Kansas, and Minnesota, and Colorado state, and Kansas state; puts you near the top of FBS football, you are delusional.

IBleedYellow
October 21st, 2013, 12:56 PM
He did not say that said a team that can ONLY run the football, he said a team that can RUN the football. If a team can run the ball and control the clock, and keep NDSU's offense off the field, and when NDSU stacks the box to stop the run, uses the intermediate passing game to great effect (with efficient use of the deep ball to stretch the field), the Bison can be beaten.

We don't have to stack the box to stop the run, though.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
You fools can talk all the nonsense you want. If you think, that slopping around, pulling away late, coming back to beat your conference opponents puts you near of the top of FBS football, you are delusional. If you think early season wins over, Kansas, and Minnesota, and Colorado state, and Kansas state; puts you near the top of FBS football, you are delusional.

Your orange is showing. Carrying the water for FBS? Have you abandoned UTC already?

344Johnson
October 21st, 2013, 01:03 PM

So Alabama has a pretty good shot this year then eh?

I think consistently winning on the road with 22 fewer scholarships on the road and consistently winning puts NDSU in the top 1/3 of FBS football. Methinks you overestimate the talent gap of top FCS to non-elite FBS.

344Johnson
October 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Your orange is showing. Carrying the water for FBS? Have you abandoned UTC already?

Of course he has. He knows the Vols are finally having a decent year.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM

Hes gotta have something to run his mouth about.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM

Ok troll boy whats you definition of "near the top" of FBS football? Top 25?

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Let's use my Volunteers as an example. Tennessee has undoubtedly been way down. Haven't beat anybody for years until Saturday, probably still not particularly close to being number 33 or 21 or wherever these nonsense rankings have NDSU this week. What would happen to NDSU, if they swaggered into Neyland Stadium to take on one of these bad Tennessee teams. Let's also pretend that Tennessee thought NDSU was Alabama. I'll give you guys your time to respond, then I'll give you reality.

penguinpower
October 21st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Let's use my Volunteers as an example. Tennessee has undoubtedly been way down. Haven't beat anybody for years until Saturday, probably still not particularly close to being number 33 or 21 or wherever these nonsense rankings have NDSU this week. What would happen to NDSU, if they swaggered into Neyland Stadium to take on one of these bad Tennessee teams. Let's also pretend that Tennessee thought NDSU was Alabama. I'll give you guys your time to respond, then I'll give you reality.

What kind of crack are you smoking man? NDSU is the defending National Champions 2 years in a row. They haven't lost any key players from last years team. As a matter of fact, this was supposed to be the year they are really, really good. Have you been watching football long or is this a new sport that you decided to take up this year? Your posts are comical. NDSU is bigger, faster and stronger and deeper than most every team in the FCS this year and when they don't make mistakes they are unbeatable at this level. That is not to mention that they are coached well. NDSU doen't need to run any gimmicks or some gimmicky offense. They run a pro-set and dare you to stop them. They don't need to run the veer to equalize you, they line up and blow you off the ball. That is the reality. Take it from a fan that has watched many championship football teams over the last several decades. How many NC's does your team have?

I-AA Fan
October 21st, 2013, 02:01 PM
I would just like to say 3 things:

1. I do think NDSU is a bit overrated this year. However, that is comparing them to the past 2 & since the division is much weaker this year ...draw your own conclusion.

2. If you think KSU is a top-50 team ...you are are as delusional as Massey. 2-8 with a subdivision loss? Probably not a top-100 team. Just like ASU gaining fame squeaking bye Meatchicken ...then watching a non-ranked Oregon Duck Duck take UM out by 30+ almost a week later. Just as UM was not having top-50 year, neither is KSU this year. Unfortunate it is Snyder's last.

As to the MAC. Well I did some homework and YSU went 16-9-1 against primarily lower-level MAC schools (losses to MAC champions UT & BG) from 1989 to 1999. I will also point out that in those same 11 years ...YSU made the post-season 8 times, the final 6 times, and won the title 4-times. They won 22 of 25 play-off games and 21-straight. Now if you Bison fans think you are a better club, maybe just a bit ...to not at all. I doubt that you would go 26-0 against those same MAC schools. Although it is fare to point out that Akron and Kent were YSU's biggest rivals & games might be closer. However it is equally fair to point out that YSU was not in a conference most of that time.

Bisonator
October 21st, 2013, 02:03 PM
The only way NDSU loses this year is if they face UTC in the playoffs. We all know UTC is the most dominating team college football has ever seen, chattownmocs tells us so on a daily basis, then we laugh! xlolx

Twentysix
October 21st, 2013, 02:07 PM
The only way NDSU loses this year is if they face UTC in the playoffs. We all know UTC is the most dominating team college football has ever seen, chattownmocs tells us so on a daily basis, then we laugh! xlolx

UTC's losses were on purpose, that's how good they are.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM

1. I do think NDSU is a bit overrated this year. However, that is comparing them to the past 2 & since the division is much weaker this year ...draw your own conclusion.

2. If you think KSU is a top-50 team ...you are are as delusional as Massey. 2-8 with a subdivision loss? Probably not a top-100 team. Just like ASU gaining fame squeaking bye Meatchicken ...then watching a non-ranked Oregon Duck Duck take UM out by 30+ almost a week later. Just as UM was not having top-50 year, neither is KSU this year. Unfortunate it is Snyder's last.

As to the MAC. Well I did some homework and YSU went 16-9-1 against primarily lower-level MAC schools (losses to MAC champions UT & BG) from 1989 to 1999. I will also point out that in those same 11 years ...YSU made the post-season 8 times, the final 6 times, and won the title 4-times. They won 22 of 25 play-off games and 21-straight. Now if you Bison fans think you are a better club, maybe just a bit ...to not at all. I doubt that you would go 26-0 against those same MAC schools. Although it is fare to point out that Akron and Kent were YSU's biggest rivals & games might be closer. However it is equally fair to point out that YSU was not in a conference most of that time.

I can think of at least 7 teams who don't think NDSU is overrated this year.

I-AA Fan
October 21st, 2013, 02:37 PM
I can think of at least 7 teams that think YSU is not over-rated. However, until I see Wolf go at least 2-2 in the last 4 (with one of those being NDSU or UNI) I will have to disagree with them. That being said, I did not think YSU was going to be an 8 regular-season win team in August, so one more and they exceed my expectations. everybody expect NDSU to win it all, so you have a taller pile to climb.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 02:43 PM
I can think of at least 7 teams that think YSU is not over-rated. However, until I see Wolf go at least 2-2 in the last 4 (with one of those being NDSU or UNI) I will have to disagree with them. That being said, I did not think YSU was going to be an 8 regular-season win team in August, so one more and they exceed my expectations. everybody expect NDSU to win it all, so you have a taller pile to climb.

As UNI and SIU have discovered, NDSU is just on another level.

penguinpower
October 21st, 2013, 02:57 PM

Ha!xlolx

penguinpower
October 21st, 2013, 02:59 PM
As UNI and SIU have discovered, NDSU is just on another level.

YSU, however, appears to have some depth that I was not expecting. We may hang around in that game.

DoubleH
October 21st, 2013, 03:09 PM

2. Just like ASU gaining fame squeaking bye Meatchicken ...then watching a non-ranked Oregon Duck Duck take UM out by 30+ almost a week later. Just as UM was not having top-50 year, neither is KSU this year. Unfortunate it is Snyder's last.

Except Michigan then rattled off 8 straight wins before losing again, and finished the season with a bowl win over Florida. Plus Oregon was obviously underrated, they ended up ranked as high as #2 in the country.

Twentysix
October 21st, 2013, 03:11 PM
YSU, however, appears to have some depth that I was not expecting. We may hang around in that game.

I hope its a good one.

penguinpower
October 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM
I hope its a good one.

Me too.

Southern Bison
October 21st, 2013, 04:03 PM
I wonder if UT-C has anything that compares to this?

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1374711_10151986498539532_1582759251_n.jpg

MplsBison
October 21st, 2013, 06:26 PM

A gameplan of trying to run the ball on NDSU's defense and trying to stop NDSU's offense from running the ball is a losing gameplan. "Do not try to bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon. Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

Only way a team is going to beat NDSU is to beat them in a shootout through the air, with 500+ yards of passing in a 45-42 type of game.

I'd love the see the kid from EIU in Fargo give it a shot.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 06:51 PM
A gameplan of trying to run the ball on NDSU's defense and trying to stop NDSU's offense from running the ball is a losing gameplan. "Do not try to bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon. Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

Only way a team is going to beat NDSU is to beat them in a shootout through the air, with 500+ yards of passing in a 45-42 type of game.

I'd love the see the kid from EIU in Fargo give it a shot.

Passing attacks don't last long either.

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM
I wonder if UT-C has anything that compares to this?

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1374711_10151986498539532_1582759251_n.jpg

Comparing yourselves to Alabama and Oregon is embarrassing. You seem to be desperate to bring UTC into the discussion while comparing yourselves to Alabama and Oregon. Do I think UTC can beat NDSU, sure I do. I definitely think it would be a good game, Am I claiming that UTC has accomplished more than NDSU RECENTLY, of course not. But you guys are comparing yourselves to Oregon and Alabama? Get real.

Gil Dobie
October 21st, 2013, 07:01 PM

One of them xlolx
http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tennessee-vols-goatee-530x654-243x300.jpg

No_Skill
October 21st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Comparing yourselves to Alabama and Oregon is embarrassing. You seem to be desperate to bring UTC into the discussion while comparing yourselves to Alabama and Oregon. Do I think UTC can beat NDSU, sure I do. I definitely think it would be a good game, Am I claiming that UTC has accomplished more than NDSU RECENTLY, of course not. But you guys are comparing yourselves to Oregon and Alabama? Get real.

...and Harvard...don't forget Harvard.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM

AGAIN I will ask what is your idea of "near the top team"? The top 25?

underdawg
October 21st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Don't want to start a fight---but the Eastern passer is pro-level---believe me. Don't full yourself thinking he can't put up numbers against the Bison--he can. Eastern's problem is eeking out a run game

Southern Bison
October 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM
But if we can send 4-5 defenders with their ears pinned back without having to worry about a running game, that plays right into our defensive wheelhouse as well. Williams, Smith, Heagle, & Dudzik (our DBs) won't get beat too often when the EIU QB will spend more time on his back than Chattown's mom.

Bisonwinagn
October 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM

NDSU is much closer to Alabama and Oregon than UTC is to NDSU.

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2013, 07:53 PM
Don't want to start a fight---but the Eastern passer is pro-level---believe me. Don't full yourself thinking he can't put up numbers against the Bison--he can. Eastern's problem is eeking out a run game

It is a matchup that I would like to see. There are two completely different philosophies going on there. The Bison grind you with their ground game while the Panthers try to run a hundred plays a game slinging the ball over the place in a hurry-up offense.

thebootfitter
October 21st, 2013, 08:00 PM
Real? Those records are quite real. No way to fake a W/L record like that against good competition, both in conference and out of conference in the playoffs. Harvard is up there too. Why no mention of that sham?

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 08:06 PM
NDSU is much closer to Alabama and Oregon than UTC is to NDSU.

Factually absurd. You have NEVER, EVER, even played anyone good by an FBS standard. You have played teams like Chattanooga, the games are almost always close.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 08:10 PM

ESPN brought forth the Alabama comparisons on national tv so please quit blaming the fans.

Thundar
October 21st, 2013, 08:14 PM
Factually absurd. You have NEVER, EVER, even played anyone good by an FBS standard. You have played teams like Chattanooga, the games are almost always close.

i love over how all of a sudden the defending Big 12 champion is no good, bet they beat 99% of the FCS

thebootfitter
October 21st, 2013, 08:21 PM
i love over how all of a sudden the defending Big 12 champion is no good, bet they beat 99% of the FCS
To be fair, K-State of 2013 is certainly not the same as K-State of 2012. It would be a miracle if they were to win their conference this year. But there are still probably only 5-10 FCS teams that could give them a good game without a lot of lucky bounces, in my estimation.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 08:23 PM

What is absurd is how you continually show your ignorance and embarrass yourself on a consistent basis. I think you fell out of the short bus one too many times without your helmet.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 08:24 PM

Stop it, we have mostly played teams way better than Chattanooga.

Yotes
October 21st, 2013, 08:48 PM
Where would you guys put NDSU? Surely you don't see them as a top 25 team? Clearly they would be able to compete in the MAC and Sun Belt with their recent teams, but they would not be able to last a season in any power conference. Even as good as they are the FCS, I still couldn't seem them winning more than 3 FBS games if they played a power conference schedule.

The scholarship differential is a variable, but I wonder how good NDSU would be if they had the same advantage as FBS schools.

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 08:54 PM
What is absurd is how you continually show your ignorance and embarrass yourself on a consistent basis. I think you fell out of the short bus one too many times without your helmet.

Who have you beaten that would be considered a good win for a good FBS team? Ever?

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 08:56 PM
ESPN brought forth the Alabama comparisons on national tv so please quit blaming the fans.

No they didn't, they never said or implied that you are anywhere near Alabama's level. No one except you tools would be dumb enough to do such an idiotic thing. They would maul you every single time.

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 08:56 PM

They are 0-3 in the big12. They aren't good.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 08:57 PM
Who have you beaten that would be considered a good win for a good FBS team? Ever?

You have failed to answer my question. What do you consider a top FBS team? Top 25?

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 08:59 PM
You are wrong again. Nobody has said we play at the same level as Alabama. If anyone says that they would would be equally as ignorant as you are.

marenlee
October 21st, 2013, 09:02 PM
No they didn't, they never said or implied that you are anywhere near Alabama's level. No one except you tools would be dumb enough to do such an idiotic thing. They would maul you every single time.
Wow. No one is saying NDSU would beat Alabama. All that graphic shows is their dominance (like Alabama) the past few years. That is the comparison. I would think even you could figure that out.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 09:04 PM
FBS wins look good in the record book and they're good for a paycheck but it's the wins in December that matter. I'm kind of getting tired of talking about Chatty. They have never, ever been in our league and they get a disproportionate amount of attention because of their biggest troll.

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 09:07 PM
FBS wins look good in the record book and they're good for a paycheck but it's the wins in December that matter. I'm kind of getting tired of talking about Chatty. They have never, ever been in our league and they get a disproportionate amount of attention because of their biggest troll.

Nobody is talking about Chattanooga's football team except when you idiots try to use them as a crutch when I call you out on your delusional homeristic beliefs in your team being a legitimate upper tier FBS caliber team.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 09:08 PM
Wow. No one is saying NDSU would beat Alabama. All that graphic shows is their dominance (like Alabama) the past few years. That is the comparison. I would think even you could figure that out.

It has taken Chatty 8 years to accumulate 35 wins. It's hard to understand that level of success when you see mediocrity on a daily basis.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 09:09 PM
Nobody is talking about Chattanooga's football team except when you idiots try to use them as a crutch when I call you out on your delusional homeristic beliefs in your team being a legitimate upper tier FBS caliber team.

Come on Chatty isnt even a good crutch for a top FBS team.

You keep running away like a child and changing the subject. What is a top FBS team? You keep using that terminology but for some reason you are unable to quantify it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2013, 09:14 PM
Why feed the troll?

He is the same as mpls.

marenlee
October 21st, 2013, 09:18 PM
Come on Chatty isnt even a good crutch for a top FBS team.

You keep running away like a child and changing the subject. What is a top FBS team? You keep using that terminology but for some reason you are unable to quantify it.
A Vols team that decimated the football power South Alabama by a touchdown?

Southern Bison
October 21st, 2013, 09:20 PM
Why feed the troll?

He is the same as mpls.

Speaking of...when are some of the 24HOB Ban Hammers about to strike?

Snowgoose
October 21st, 2013, 09:24 PM
We are 2-0 against the MAC. We did beat Central Michigan in 2007 as someone described already by 30 at their place. Not that they were a great team, but they won the MAC and lost in a bowl game to a decent Purdue team that year in a high scoring game. We also completely outplayed a decent Minnesota team that was in a bowl game that year in 2006 but lost do to timely penalites. We have not played a great teams, but KSU is decent this year as they had lost a few games on the last drive to rated teams and are way better than their record indicates. Plus we played KSU at full strength which they have not had their stud WR against any of these ranked teams due to injuries. So think what you want, but this NDSU is darn good and I believe should be rated in that 30 range.

Have you seen how bad some of these teams even in that category are? Absolutely none of them anymore seem to know how to play team defense. It is unbelievable.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2013, 09:28 PM
We are 2-0 against the MAC. We did beat Central Michigan in 2007 as someone described already by 30 at their place. Not that they were a great team, but they won the MAC and lost in a bowl game to a decent Purdue team that year in a high scoring game. We also completely outplayed a decent Minnesota team that was in a bowl game that year in 2006 but lost do to timely penalites. We have not played a great teams, but KSU is decent this year as they had lost a few games on the last drive to rated teams and are way better than their record indicates. Plus we played KSU at full strength which they have not had their stud WR against any of these ranked teams due to injuries. So think what you want, but this NDSU is darn good and I believe should be rated in that 30 range.

Have you seen how bad some of these teams even in that category are? Absolutely none of them anymore seem to know how to play team defense. It is unbelievable.

He's proud that his **** team is going to get murdered by Alabama.

Snowgoose
October 21st, 2013, 09:29 PM
By the way that 07 team that beat CMU, still has 3 players from their defense in the NFL and had 6 other players in NFL camps with one of those playing for two years and another on a roster for more than a year that may have made a team if not for a serious knee injury. So you are right we couldn't beat up on MAC teams even though our talent is as good or better in most years and have already beat up on them. Too bad we weren't allowed to be in the playoffs in either 06 or 07.

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 09:31 PM
It has taken Chatty 8 years to accumulate 35 wins. It's hard to understand that level of success when you see mediocrity on a daily basis.

There you go again. I live right in the heart of college football. Tennessee to the north, UGA to the south, Alabama to the southwest. I know what college football excellence looks like, you wouldn't know it if it hit you in the face. You football newbs; with your ignorant, arrogant, absurd opinion of your infant football program, are clueless.

FargoBison
October 21st, 2013, 09:37 PM
There you go again. I live right in the heart of college football. Tennessee to the north, UGA to the south, Alabama to the southwest. I know what college football excellence looks like, you wouldn't know it if it hit you in the face. You football newbs; with your ignorant, arrogant, absurd opinion of your infant football program, are clueless.

Yeah we've won 10 national titles...we clearly have no clue what college football excellence looks like.

Bison56
October 21st, 2013, 09:41 PM
The jester has spoken.

chattownmocs
October 21st, 2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah we've won 10 national titles...we clearly have no clue what college football excellence looks like.

Exactly what I am talking about. Print the tshirts.

Alabama 15
NDSU 10
Mitre Dame 8

thebootfitter
October 21st, 2013, 09:44 PM
Where would you guys put NDSU? Surely you don't see them as a top 25 team? Clearly they would be able to compete in the MAC and Sun Belt with their recent teams, but they would not be able to last a season in any power conference. Even as good as they are the FCS, I still couldn't seem them winning more than 3 FBS games if they played a power conference schedule.

The scholarship differential is a variable, but I wonder how good NDSU would be if they had the same advantage as FBS schools.
Only one way to truly find out. Though I suspect the college football landscape will change too much before NDSU is ever invited to a "power" conference to find out.

Southern Bison
October 21st, 2013, 09:50 PM

Alabama 15
NDSU 10
Mitre Dame 8

So...now you're an Alabama fan? What would your orange comrades say about that? Or do all SEC fans believe there's nothing north of Tennessee or west of I-29?

No_Skill
October 21st, 2013, 10:00 PM

In this case, living in the "heart of college football" only blinds you to the rest of college football. Are you one of those dual team fans?

Twentysix
October 21st, 2013, 10:00 PM
In this case, living in the "heart of college football" only blinds you to the rest of college football. Are you one of those dual team fans?

Atleast tri-team fan.

No_Skill
October 21st, 2013, 10:05 PM
Atleast tri-team fan.

I just don't get it...why all the hate on the mere possibility that the top fcs teams could compete with fbs teams? In his mind does that devalue the fbs in some way?

bjtheflamesfan
October 21st, 2013, 10:08 PM

Alabama 15
NDSU 10
Mitre Dame 8

Mitre Dame sounds like a failed brand of power tool...NOTRE Dame however has won 8 national championships (none since I believe 1988)

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2013, 10:10 PM

You may live in good football country but you sure dont know squat about the game. So what you are saying is there a lot of loud mouth azzholes like you who live there.

bjtheflamesfan
October 21st, 2013, 10:17 PM

Tennessee- has not won for or competed for a national championship since 1998
UGA- Has not won a national championship since 1980
Alabama- only team of the three who can claim any recent success as far as national championships go

344Johnson
October 21st, 2013, 10:34 PM

You think we don't have tv up here or what? Notre Dame is on every weekend. SEC is on every weekend. B1G is on every weekend. Big XII is on every weekend. PAC-12 is on every weekend..

Mitre Dame sounds like a failed brand of power tool...NOTRE Dame however has won 8 national championships (none since I believe 1988)

He must be anti-Catholic. Btw, got screwed out of one in '93 or '94 I believe. The Rocket took one back in the bowl game against Colorado and it got called back on an iffy call.

Southern Bison
October 21st, 2013, 10:36 PM
You may live in good football country but you sure dont know squat about the game. So what you are saying is there a lot of loud mouth azzholes like you who live there.

I live in SEC country and you win the Accuracy prize!! It's ridiculous how their SEC arrogance makes them sound stupid. It's nearly as bad as some New Yorker believing there's nothing west of the Hudson.

gotts
October 21st, 2013, 11:24 PM

Would you know what a car looks like if it hit you in the face? I just have this image of you getting hit by a car. It makes me smile :D

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 12:07 AM
So...now you're an Alabama fan? What would your orange comrades say about that? Or do all SEC fans believe there's nothing north of Tennessee or west of I-29?

Did you think I was bragging about Alabama's national titles? I was making a joke at your expense. Comparing anything about North Dakota State to historic programs or major FBS contenders is laughable. Including record over the last few years. Good lord you are slow.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 12:10 AM

Less than NDSU, NDSU is a better football program. They know about greatness not Notre Same.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Tennessee- has not won for or competed for a national championship since 1998
UGA- Has not won a national championship since 1980
Alabama- only team of the three who can claim any recent success as far as national championships go

So NDSU> Notre Dame , Tennessee, and Georgia. Thanks bjtheflamer, always love you insight.

Man, that Tennessee team that blew a shot at the national title by losing to LSU in the SEC Championship in 01 really could have learned something from that NDSU NAIA title team.

FargoBison
October 22nd, 2013, 12:40 AM
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ndsu-bama-sign.jpg?w=600&h=350

blueballs
October 22nd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Now you Bizon have to understand that our boy has seen his share of greatness in the past because Chatty takes their annual whippings from usual title contenders App and GSU.

The statement about where he lives is equally ludicrous. I guess I am an expert by default because I root for GSU and live in FL, which if you use his logic, means that I've been privy to 15 titles in 28 years.

Southern Bison
October 22nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
So NDSU> Notre Dame , Tennessee, and Georgia. Thanks bjtheflamer, always love you insight.

Man, that Tennessee team that blew a shot at the national title by losing to LSU in the SEC Championship in 01 really could have learned something from that NDSU NAIA title team.

Right there cinches it. That's the type of comment I hear from SEC fans around here. Like I said, they think there's nothing north of the Ohio River or west of Arkansas.

Chattown, don't forget to wear your orange & white when you come to Boone...

Gil Dobie
October 22nd, 2013, 07:34 AM

You are the only one in this thread stating that NDSU fans believe they are upper tier FBS.

And you don't even post facts in most of your post. NDSU never won a NAIA championship. Chatty is so 2009.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 07:40 AM
good old chattown. He argues Chatty is better than NDSU, then when Chatty falls off a little, he retreats to FBS. Hell, why not just start talking about the Broncos?

bjtheflamesfan
October 22nd, 2013, 08:09 AM

Now youre putting words in my mouth (or my keyboard as it were). NDSU is good...very good, best in the FCS to be frank. If they matched up with Alabama, Notre Dame or LSU,they probably would get beat by 3 TDs. That being said, when you look at recent history, NDSU has had better success than two of the three FBS programs that you mentioned in the area you are from. Does that mean they are better than them? I seriously doubt that.

Hammerhead
October 22nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Current Massey ratings have NDSU ahead of Notre Dame. :)
http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2013&sub=11590

Sagarin predicts a 7-point win by Notre Dame assuming the game is in South Bend.

Now youre putting words in my mouth (or my keyboard as it were). NDSU is good...very good, best in the FCS to be frank. If they matched up with Alabama, Notre Dame or LSU,they probably would get beat by 3 TDs. That being said, when you look at recent history, NDSU has had better success than two of the three FBS programs that you mentioned in the area you are from. Does that mean they are better than them? I seriously doubt that.

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Current Massey ratings have NDSU ahead of Notre Dame. :)
http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2013&sub=11590

Sagarin predicts a 7-point win by Notre Dame assuming the game is in South Bend.
Yeah, but that's only as meaningful as an individual's perception of Sagarin and Massey. Now with Sagarin's new Pure_ELO score being discussed, some folks throw his credibility out the door and say that computers are worthless, even more than they did before.

I'm pretty sure Chattown doesn't put much stock in any computer models.

BisonBacker
October 22nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
good old chattown. He argues Chatty is better than NDSU, then when Chatty falls off a little, he retreats to FBS. Hell, why not just start talking about the Broncos?
not only that but he refers to NDSU as NAIA. What does that make his Chatty team? What a maroon.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
not only that but he refers to NDSU as NAIA. What does that make his Chatty team? What a maroon.

Is there still a NAIA Division 2? That might be close.

DoubleH
October 22nd, 2013, 12:19 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but arguing NDSU wouldn't be competitive against any "good" teams from the power conferences is just wrong. Outside of the very top of the FBS, the Alabamas, Oregons, and Florida States of the world (who, quite frankly, virtually no college team at any level in any conference can stack up against, as Clemson found out), NDSU would be able to play with - and potentially beat - almost anybody else. IOW, an assumed FBS ranking somewhere in the 20-30 range for the Bison is probably pretty accurate.

Quick example: I think we all agree NDSU is the best team in the FCS, and would be favored over any other team. E. Washington beat Oregon St opening weekend, and the Beavers haven't lost since (6-1), and are now ranked #25 in the BCS. They are a "good" FBS team. Are you suggesting NDSU wouldn't be competitive with Oregon St, even though they've already lost to another FCS team?

Another: K-State may be 2-4, but they had a late lead at OK St before losing by 4, and also had a 4th-quarter lead at home over Baylor (who's been killing people, they hung 70+ on the board in 4 of 5 games, the exception being... K-State) before losing by 10. The Bison beat K-State. Are you suggesting NDSU then wouldn't be competitive against these "good" FBS teams?

I think this chattown is simply trolling, and all you NDSU guys are taking the bait, but if not... he knows a lot less about college football than he thinks he does.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but arguing NDSU wouldn't be competitive against any "good" teams from the power conferences is just wrong. Outside of the very top of the FBS, the Alabamas, Oregons, and Florida States of the world (who, quite frankly, virtually no college team at any level in any conference can stack up against, as Clemson found out), NDSU would be able to play with - and potentially beat - almost anybody else. IOW, an assumed FBS ranking somewhere in the 20-30 range for the Bison is probably pretty accurate.

Quick example: I think we all agree NDSU is the best team in the FCS, and would be favored over any other team. E. Washington beat Oregon St opening weekend, and the Beavers haven't lost since (6-1), and are now ranked #25 in the BCS. They are a "good" FBS team. Are you suggesting NDSU wouldn't be competitive with Oregon St, even though they've already lost to another FCS team?

Another: K-State may be 2-4, but they had a late lead at OK St before losing by 4, and also had a 4th-quarter lead at home over Baylor (who's been killing people, they hung 70+ on the board in 4 of 5 games, the exception being... K-State) before losing by 10. The Bison beat K-State. Are you suggesting NDSU then wouldn't be competitive against these "good" FBS teams?

I think this chattown is simply trolling, and all you NDSU guys are taking the bait, but if not... he knows a lot less about college football than he thinks he does.

Agreed. We play Indiana State this week. Outside of naming our own score - it's nothing to talk about.

marenlee
October 22nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
NDSU is the top of the class in the FCS and we should just leave it there. I hate the hypothetical scenarios. Let's talk FCS football. They get their chance once a year to beat an FBS squad and that's nice, but it's all about standing alone in January. Let's leave the NDSU in the FBS talk to when/IF they move up in the future. Who knows what the future of Division 1 football and the FCS hold, so let's enjoy it while it lasts.

MplsBison
October 22nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
It is a matchup that I would like to see. There are two completely different philosophies going on there. The Bison grind you with their ground game while the Panthers try to run a hundred plays a game slinging the ball over the place in a hurry-up offense.

I'd love to see it too.

It doesn't matter how talented your secondary is, if the QB is accurate enough then they'll move the ball and score touchdowns. Usually the QB will eventually falter.

Nonetheless, if NDSU can keep pace scoring - it would be a fun game to watch. Probably something like the NDSU - Sam Houston game in 2007 with Rhett Bomar.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Right there cinches it. That's the type of comment I hear from SEC fans around here. Like I said, they think there's nothing north of the Ohio River or west of Arkansas.

Chattown, don't forget to wear your orange & white when you come to Boone...

What are you saying? That historic major college football programs should have any respect for anything NDSU has done? Get real.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 01:34 PM

Yeah Chattanooga is really struggling right now. You tools with your constant asinine statements about where you fit in the landscape of major college football. You have no relevance in the context.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
You are the only one in this thread stating that NDSU fans believe they are upper tier FBS.

And you don't even post facts in most of your post. NDSU never won a NAIA championship. Chatty is so 2009.

Its all over this board. One of your friends just posted a something comparing your record to Alabama and Oregon.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah Chattanooga is really struggling right now. You tools with your constant asinine statements about where you fit in the landscape of major college football. You have no relevance in the context.

Chatty will be lucky to be 7-4 this season. Lucky.

While that is a high water mark for your squad, that would be a disappointing season up north.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 01:39 PM

They've had more success than Tennessee and Georgia? Wtf are you talking about? Their success is not comparable. And Georgia? Georgia is a top 10 current FBS you moron.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM

This is what you aren't getting, yet it is so blatantly obvious. Chattanooga's football history, while not great, is way more impressive than NDSU ever did in some crap division of college football. You fools are laughable. You have been playing at Chattanooga's level for less than a decade. You have never played a game at the level of historic major college football programs.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
This is what you aren't getting, yet it is so blatantly obvious. Chattanooga's football history, while not great, is way more impressive than NDSU ever did in some crap division of college football. You fools are laughable. You have been playing above Chattanooga's level for less than a decade. You have never played a game at the level of historic major college football programs.

FIFY

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 01:48 PM

I'm suggesting that if Oregon state was playing the way they did against eastern, they wouldn't have won 6 Ina row. Is that difficult to understand? I think its blatantly obvious.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Chatty will be lucky to be 7-4 this season. Lucky.

While that is a high water mark for your squad, that would be a disappointing season up north.

Chattanooga has moved to a 12 game schedule like most teams.

marenlee
October 22nd, 2013, 01:59 PM
They've had more success than Tennessee and Georgia? Wtf are you talking about? Their success is not comparable. And Georgia? Georgia is a top 10 current FBS you moron.

For someone that has such a hardon for the FBS, Georgia isn't even in the top 25 any more. Why are you even here if you just want to keep ****ting on the FCS?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Chattanooga has moved to a 12 game schedule like most teams.

my bad. 7-5

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
my bad. 7-5

You sound desperate, we are already 5-2.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
You sound desperate, we are already 5-2.

Yep and you'll beat Appy and The Citadel and lose to Samford, Wofford, and Alabama.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
For someone that has such a hardon for the FBS, Georgia isn't even in the top 25 any more. Why are you even here if you just want to keep ****ting on the FCS?

Georgia is a top 10 national program.But they aren't in the top 25 this year.Great example there. You think NDSU or Oregon State for that matter, are better than Georgia?

You guys want to celebrate these early wins over FBS teams but not look at reality. Let's look at the other side of the coin. Let's say Georgia has UNI, Missouri state, and Illinois state back-to-back-to-back right in the middle of the year. Let's pretend that Georgia would ever need to rally from 13 down to beat UNI by 1. Let's say they had Missouri State next, what are the chances that coming off of that dismal performance against UNI, Missouri state would be within 24-20 in the 2nd half. Unthinkable. Now they have Illinois State, and they trailed in the 2nd half. Now imagine after that, Georgia acting like they should be in the neighborhood of a top 25 team because they beat a team that is winless in the Big12 to start the year. Laughable.

If Georgia had NDSUs exact resume, no one would be hyping them as this great undefeated juggernaut. They would be laughing hysterically at the idea they should be anywhere near the top 25.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Yep and you'll beat Appy and The Citadel and lose to Samford, Wofford, and Alabama.

Sure, great prediction buddy!!! So how will we be lucky to do that again?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:11 PM
This whole thread is getting predictably (as with everything chattown gets into) stupid. The graphic simply made mention of the fact that there are 4 college teams with as good a record as each other. 2 FBS 2 FCS. Nobody cares about FBS so take your **** over to the SEC board.

NDSU is miles ahead of anyone that matters, that's it.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Sure, great prediction buddy!!! So how will we be lucky to do that again?

Well since 7 wins is quite an achievement for you, I imagine there will be a parade down whatever non-hooker infested street you have in Chattanooga.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
This whole thread is getting predictably (as with everything chattown gets into) stupid. The graphic simply made mention of the fact that there are 4 college teams with as good a record as each other. 2 FBS 2 FCS. Nobody cares about FBS so take your **** over to the SEC board.

NDSU is miles ahead of anyone that matters, that's it.

Your miles ahead but yet you beat a last place team in your conference by 1 after an epic comeback. Lol

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Well since 7 wins is quite an achievement for you, I imagine there will be a parade down whatever non-hooker infested street you have in Chattanooga.

I love the shots at Chattanooga from people from places like North Dakota. Its great, does Fargo have less hookers than Chattanooga? Is that what it has going for it?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Your miles ahead but yet you beat a last place team in your conference by 1 after an epic comeback. Lol

This is a great way to pass the afternoon. Thanks dude.

You are very good at moving the target. That "last place" team was 4th in the country with a FBS win and an absolute destruction of a top 10 team. The injuries they suffered against NDSU will likely sink them for the rest of the season but rest assured, that team would have beaten Chatty by 3 TDS before that game.

bisonboone11
October 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
This is what you aren't getting, yet it is so blatantly obvious. Chattanooga's football history, while not great, is way more impressive than NDSU ever did in some crap division of college football. You fools are laughable. You have been playing at Chattanooga's level for less than a decade. You have never played a game at the level of historic major college football programs.
I'll be honest, I know nothing about Chattanooga's football history, so can you tell me how their history is more impressive than NDSU's?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
I'll be honest, I know nothing about Chattanooga's football history, so can you tell me how their history is more impressive than NDSU's?

http://blog.vh1.com/files/2009/01/terrellowens.jpg

/end

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:25 PM

Because we weren't in NAIA or Division 3. Simple as that.

bisonboone11
October 22nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
How much success has Chattanooga had in "non-NAIA or Division 3"?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:27 PM

nope, instead you have chosen to just be bad in IAA. Hat's off! You wasted all that money on scholarships and facilities to be terrible.

In the last 10 years Chatty has 40 wins. NDSU has 96 wins. On the same competitive level.

Now go make me a sweet onion chicken teriyaki on white, bitch!

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
How much success has Chattanooga had in "non-NAIA or Division 3"?

More than you and your tool friends would like to believe.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:29 PM
nope, instead you have chosen to just be bad in IAA. Hat's off! You wasted all that money on scholarships and facilities to be terrible.

In the last 10 years Chatty has 40 wins. NDSU has 96 wins. On the same competitive level.

Now go make me a sweet onion chicken teriyaki on white, bitch!

Actually throughout most of our history we were playing major college football. I'll have fries with that.

And while you guys were hiding in low level football winning championships we were mediocre in FCS or big boy football and we would have still kicked your asses almost every time.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Actually throughout most of our history we were playing major college football. I'll have fries with that.

And while you guys were hiding in low level football winning championships we were mediocre in FCS or big boy football and we would have still kicked your asses almost every time.

only since 1977

bisonboone11
October 22nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
More than you and your tool friends would like to believe.
I don't know how much success Chattanooga has had, so how can it be more than I would like to believe? It seems like you're avoiding the question.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
I don't know how much success Chattanooga has had, so how can it be more than I would like to believe? It seems like you're avoiding the question.

Besides that ridiculous win gap over the last 10 years one simple stat sticks out. While competing in the same divison, NDSU has won 5 national championships, Chatty has won 0.

God damnit. This is good. Comparing NDSU and Chatty is like talking about a mansion and a shanty.

Hammerhead
October 22nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
Big deal. Minnesota destroyed the Bison back in the 1930s. Now, not so much.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
Big deal. Minnesota destroyed the Bison back in the 1930s. Now, not so much.

forget that it is also probably untrue.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
only since 1977

Only since 1977 what?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Only since 1977 what?

In 1977 UTC moved from DII to DI. NDSU stayed until, officially, 2008 when the transition was over.

Prior to that and after that, they played in the same division.

Twentysix
October 22nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
You are going to hurt his mind with all these dates.

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Chattanooga's football history, while not great...
http://galeri3.uludagsozluk.com/155/you-don-t-say_244417.png

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
You are going to hurt his mind with all these dates.

I'm hoping if enough truth gets through, he may wise up a bit.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
In 1977 UTC moved from DII to DI. NDSU stayed until, officially, 2008 when the transition was over.

Prior to that and after that, they played in the same division.

Completely incorrect. Try again.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:53 PM

I'm not sure how to answer that. You have me stumped.

When you say something that is fact and then someone says it's incorrect, the conversation cannot continue.

bisonboone11
October 22nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Do you even know the history of your program? You seem to be very unwilling to share it.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Do you even know the history of your program? You seem to be very unwilling to share it.

the answer to that is no.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure how to answer that. You have me stumped.

When you say something that is fact and then someone says it's incorrect, the conversation cannot continue.

You need to go back and study Chattanooga football history again.

bisonboone11
October 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
You need to go back and study Chattanooga football history again.
I'm looking through the list of All-Americans on Chattanooga's media guide. It lists all of Chattanooga's "Little All-Americans" from 1935 through 1976. At the bottom of that page, it goes on to say that "Little All-Americans are selected from schools which play at the Division II, III, and NAIA levels". How could Chattanooga have had any "Little All-Americans" if they didn't play at the Division II, III, or NAIA level?

Edit: It's on page 118 of your media guide in case you want to go look at it and explain to me how I am interpreting that incorrectly.

frozennorth
October 22nd, 2013, 03:01 PM

michigan went 9-4, beat florida in a bowl game, and finished 18th. Oregon was ranked as high as third that year, until dennis dixon went down.

fcs is much tougher this year, just look at the results against the fbs. kstate is 2-4 not 2-8, and i'm guessing they finish 6-6 or 5-7.

Twentysix
October 22nd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Chattanooga divided by zero, that's how.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ku6SPRq8054/TGnWBQfBKJI/AAAAAAAAAvM/5bwQGaKCneo/s1600/divided+by+zero.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 03:09 PM
I'm looking through the list of All-Americans on Chattanooga's media guide. It lists all of Chattanooga's "Little All-Americans" from 1935 through 1976. At the bottom of that page, it goes on to say that "Little All-Americans are selected from schools which play at the Division II, III, and NAIA levels". How could Chattanooga have had any "Little All-Americans" if they didn't play at the Division II, III, or NAIA level?

Edit: It's on page 118 of your media guide in case you want to go look at it and explain to me how I am interpreting that incorrectly.

It's because they played in the same college division as NDSU prior to 1973 then went to DII until 1977 when D IAA was created. They have never played Division IA football.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 03:13 PM

How about before 1935? not to mention we were playing 3 or 4 historic college football programs per year when we were D2. The competition we have faced in the SOCaon is a actually a step down to the multiple huge games we played while we were D2.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
How about before 1935? not to mention we were playing 3 or 4 historic college football programs per year when we were D2. The competition we have faced in the SOCaon is a actually a step down to the multiple huge games we played while we were D2.

Wait. 80 years ago? You are retreating to 80 years ago? If that's the case then Yale is the greatest football team of all time.

frozennorth
October 22nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
chat history is getting routinely pumped by 'historic programs' like app state, not-anywhere-near top 10 programs georgia and tennessee, hosting a bunch of title games, and not playing NDSU

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 03:23 PM
chat history is getting routinely pumped by 'historic programs' like app state, not-anywhere-near top 10 programs georgia and tennessee, hosting a bunch of title games, and not playing NDSU

not to mention among the "historic" teams they played were Minnesota-Morris - Go Cougars!

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
So you're saying Chattanooga has a long history of getting curb stomped by top level University Division/IA/FBS teams. Thanks for that extra special glimpse into Moc history.

chattownmocs
October 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Wait. 80 years ago? You are retreating to 80 years ago? If that's the case then Yale is the greatest football team of all time.

North Dakota state has only been playing D1 for 10 years, don't need to go back very far.

frozennorth
October 22nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
North Dakota state has only been playing D1 for 10 years, don't need to go back very far.
and they've already lapped you, repeatedly

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2013, 03:29 PM
But have you heard about how many championship games Chattanooga has hosted?!?!?

bisonboone11
October 22nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Haha. This is awesome. So you were the D2 version of Savannah State the past couple years, playing few big name teams each year?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 03:31 PM

in fact, to equal the 96 wins in the DI era that NDSU has achieved, Chatty would have to go all the way back to 1990.

Man they suck.

bjtheflamesfan
October 22nd, 2013, 03:37 PM
UTC never played Division II football...they played I believe University DIvision football until they moved to the Division I-III moniker. Now their on field product may have been slightly above a Division II level some years (oh snap) but they were never known as a Division II school. UTC and NDSU did not play in the same division officially until the Bison completed the transition to Division I in I believe 2004

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
UTC never played Division II football...they played I believe University DIvision football until they moved to the Division I-III moniker. Now their on field product may have been slightly above a Division II level some years (oh snap) but they were never known as a Division II school. UTC and NDSU did not play in the same division officially until the Bison completed the transition to Division I in I believe 2004

College football warehouse has them as College Division prior to 1973 (as most teams were) then a DII independent until joining the SoCon in `77

Southern Bison
October 22nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Nothing like Chattown to get a day off from the bread, meat, cheese, & veggies. Have you already requested Saturday, November 2nd off so you can go the the UT-C game at App?

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2013, 04:04 PM
And let's be real guys... (since chatty seems to like "getting real"), even when NDSU was winning DII championships, their on the field product likely would have curb stomped UTC.

Erk Russell should know, right? In a conversation with Rocky Hager in the late 80s, Erk suggested that the championship Georgia Southern teams of that era may not have been able to handle the Bison.

How did UTC perform against those championship GSU teams in the 80s?

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
I know Chatty doesn't like computer ratings anyway, but still thought it would be interesting to see what Massey would have predicted for a match up of UTC and NDSU in 1990 when NDSU was playing lowly DII ball.

Mean score: NDSU 31 to UTC 17, with NDSU winning 84% of the time.

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
Chattown - There might be a few NDSU fans with green and gold glasses on skewing some vision of reality, but when looking at objective facts rather than your subjective opinion, I am sensing that your vision is perhaps skewed a bit more in the opposite direction. Whether you accept it or not, NDSU is probably a bit better than you give them credit for, whether we're talking current teams or teams from decades ago.

bjtheflamesfan
October 22nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
College football warehouse has them as College Division prior to 1973 (as most teams were) then a DII independent until joining the SoCon in `77

Why thank you NoDak, I guess I missed that bit of information in my research...(see THAT is how you react when someone offers something that is counter to your viewpoint)

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Why thank you NoDak, I guess I missed that bit of information in my research...(see THAT is how you react when someone offers something that is counter to your viewpoint)

Your post is terrible. You are supposed to insult my intelligence and bemoan my reliance on "references".

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
Your post is terrible. You are supposed to insult my intelligence and bemoan my reliance on "references".
Yes, making complete mockery of all quoted" references, while not offering anything of substance yourself.

penguinpower
October 22nd, 2013, 09:40 PM
The problem is that there are too many NDSU fans on here and they got lucky when they went on an 18 play 80 yard drive that took 7.5 minutes off the clock in the 4 th qtr unfairly leaving only half a minute on the clock for K-State to score.

If NDSU doesn't cheat their way to that victory then they don't win. Just calling it as I see it. Since the MVFC is weak and NDSU cheated then they have no quality wins.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 22nd, 2013, 11:39 PM
The problem is that there are too many NDSU fans on here and they got lucky when they went on an 18 play 80 yard drive that took 7.5 minutes off the clock in the 4 th qtr unfairly leaving only half a minute on the clock for K-State to score.

If NDSU doesn't cheat their way to that victory then they don't win. Just calling it as I see it. Since the MVFC is weak and NDSU cheated then they have no quality wins.

Any NDSU fan that was there that day lost about 15 lbs, it was so hot. It was work being at that game.

Twentysix
October 22nd, 2013, 11:41 PM
Any NDSU fan that was there that day lost about 15 lbs, it was so hot. It was work being at that game.

But mostly because the average NDSU fan is 475 pounds, that kind of weight fluctuation isn't that weird. It's like when a normal person loses 2 pounds in a day lol. ;)

BisonBacker
October 23rd, 2013, 01:20 AM
Yeah Yeah but it still doesn't make them a great team because NDSU hasn't hosted any Natty's xlolx His idea that just hosting a championship game they have never played in themselves still makes them a better team is enough to have him committed. When you have someone who reasons like that there is no debating him.

skinny_uncle
October 23rd, 2013, 01:50 AM
How did this turn into another "everybody pile on chattownmocs" thread?

thebootfitter
October 23rd, 2013, 03:03 AM
He just kind of invites it upon himself with some of his comments and reasoning.

Fordhamanhattan
October 23rd, 2013, 04:53 AM
Fordham will beat them with a stick.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 23rd, 2013, 06:12 AM

Beat NDSU?

We'll see.

Southern Bison
October 23rd, 2013, 06:27 AM

You Yankee city boys better find something bigger than what y'all call a stick in Gotham.

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2013, 07:43 AM

Did you read the whole thread? Pretty self explanatory. Every thread the guy posts in gets **** on, kind of like his diapers! :D

NoDak 4 Ever
October 23rd, 2013, 08:40 AM

Look, You guys are good. I won't even say that you are good "for a Patriot team". But NDSU is on another level this year. Even if they lost the National Championship, it will be a huge upset.

I don't think the city if Frisco is ready for the fallout of a NDSU defeat. Alcohol wise, that is.

Grizalltheway
October 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Not to intterupt the party, but it recently came to my attention that UM has only allowed 13 4th quarter points the entire season. NDSU certainly reaches another level in the second half, but it would seem that the Griz defense does as well.xbowx

skinny_uncle
October 23rd, 2013, 12:43 PM
Not to intterupt the party, but it recently came to my attention that UM has only allowed 13 4th quarter points the entire season. NDSU certainly reaches another level in the second half, but it would seem that the Griz defense does as well.xbowx

Let's see how you do this weekend against EWU before the Griz start tooting their horns.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM

Wowwwww......

I still the Bison's chances if they meet up this year.

Grizalltheway
October 23rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
Let's see how you do this weekend against EWU before the Griz start tooting their horns.

Like I said, pardon me for interrupting this 23 page NDSU circle jerk/chattown beat down. I just thought I would share an interesting stat that I was previously unaware of, and which pertains to the thread topic. Carry on.

Grizalltheway
October 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Wowwwww......

I still the Bison's chances if they meet up this year.

Oh yeah, the Bizon would be the favorites for sure. But it would still be awesome to have a shot at you guys, especially with the home-and-home starting up next season.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
The Bison D has given up 9 4th quarter points in their last 12 games dating back to the last regular season game of last season. That includes 8 games against ranked opponents and a FBS game. 6 of those points were a garbage TD by Missouri St a couple weeks ago when they were down 21 with 6 minutes to play.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming xthumbsupx. I do respect the Griz though for bringing the novel concept of defense to the Big Sky.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 23rd, 2013, 07:35 PM
Like I said, pardon me for interrupting this 23 page NDSU circle jerk/chattown beat down. I just thought I would share an interesting stat that I was previously unaware of, and which pertains to the thread topic. Carry on.

You really need to change your settings.

Grizo406
October 23rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
The Bison D has given up 9 4th quarter points in their last 12 games dating back to the last regular season game of last season. That includes 8 games against ranked opponents and a FBS game. 6 of those points were a garbage TD by Missouri St a couple weeks ago when they were down 21 with 6 minutes to play.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming xthumbsupx. I do respect the Griz though for bringing the novel concept of defense to the Big Sky.

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Thank you, PC!

Hopefully, our defense shows up this Saturday!!

thebootfitter
October 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I guess Chattown either saw the light and realized that some of his arguments were laughable (nah, can't see that happening) or he felt overwhelmed and backed down (can't really see that happening either) or he is just missing lately.

Everything okay, Chattown?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 24th, 2013, 09:37 AM
I guess Chattown either saw the light and realized that some of his arguments were laughable (nah, can't see that happening) or he felt overwhelmed and backed down (can't really see that happening either) or he is just missing lately.

Everything okay, Chattown?

Get off his back. It's not easy pulling doubles at Subway. Probably doesn't pay as well as the loan sharks so he has to do twice the work.

344Johnson
October 24th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Is it possible that we all get served in a lawsuit called ChattownMocs vs. AGS Community for bullying?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Is it possible that we all get served in a lawsuit called ChattownMocs vs. AGS Community for bullying?

I hope so. I haven't seen a fake lawsuit threat since TheFan got banned.

Bisonator
October 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM

Something tells me once the judge see's the evidence we submit (chattown's own posts) he will be laughing along with us! xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Indiana State: Name the score? With Bell out and Perish....no way the Sycs come close.

Ill State: Which Redbird team will show up? Bison win this at home easily.

Youngstown: Will there be a big crowd for Tressel's return? YSU's defense is mediocre. YSU will score some points but will it be enough? Bison continue their road winning streak.

South Dakota: Coyotes will not sniff a win in Fargo for many years. A 10-0 Bison team will put the foot on the gas and not let up.

11-0 or 10-1 the Bison will have playoff games at home. I do not see any team in the FCS coming to Fargo for the playoffs and winning.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Indiana State: Name the score? With Bell out and Perish....no way the Sycs come close.

Youngstown: Will there be a big crowd for Tressel's return? YSU's defense is mediocre. YSU will score some points but will it be enough? Bison continue their road winning streak.

South Dakota: Coyotes will not sniff a win in Fargo for many years. A 10-0 Bison team will put the foot on the gas and not let up.

11-0 or 10-1 the Bison will have playoff games at home. I do not see any team in the FCS coming to Fargo for the playoffs and winning.

can't take anything for granted but it seems the worst is behind us.

Lehigh'98
October 24th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Maine, Towson, Villanova, Fordham, EIU, EWU - Teams with best shot to knock off NDSU deep in playoffs....

YSU - Only MVFC team with a shot I believe. Having them at home with Sweater Vest day will be an emotional lift.

McNeese, SHSU, Montana, Montana St - Outside shot catching them early in playoffs on down week.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 24th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Maine, Towson, Villanova, Fordham, EIU, EWU - Teams with best shot to knock off NDSU deep in playoffs....

YSU - Only MVFC team with a shot I believe. Having them at home with Sweater Vest day will be an emotional lift.

McNeese, SHSU, Montana, Montana St - Outside shot catching them early in playoffs on down week.

Except you forget this team only gets stronger as the season progresses.

thebootfitter
October 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
As pointed out a couple posts back... Can't take anything for granted. Lots of good teams ahead of the Bison. Any given Saturday... NDSU should be favored in all games, and they are probably the most experienced and tested team in the field. But a few key injuries... A few bad bounces... A couple uncharacteristic mistakes... Lots could still happen to knock 'em out.

thebootfitter
October 24th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Double post. Oops.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2013, 08:41 PM
As pointed out a couple posts back... Can't take anything for granted. Lots of good teams ahead of the Bison. Any given Saturday... NDSU should be favored in all games, and they are probably the most experienced and tested team in the field. But a few key injuries... A few bad bounces... A couple uncharacteristic mistakes... Lots could still happen to knock 'em out.

True on all points but having a loud dome will rattle any team coming in.

Personally, I hope the Bison get matched up with teams like EIU and EWU. I want to see how this defense can defend those pass happy teams. Plus neither one of those teams plays defense.

Darlinikki150
October 24th, 2013, 09:42 PM
When you listen to the Bison players this year compared to last year there is more confidence. I have a feeling they all feel they have the will to earn a perfect season. The drive to have a perfect season after the last cpl years is apparent, the senior group wants it and may even feel they deserve it. It will take a massive breakdown of the Bison D to lose to anyone, IMHO. Any game in the dome during the playoffs will be almost impossible for another team to win.

I know there are a lot of great teams but I honestly dont think they can play at the same level we are playing at right now.

Lehigh'98
October 24th, 2013, 10:01 PM

I didn't forget anything. I said have a chance. NDSU will be favored. You guys are so sensitive that even the suggestion of a loss can't be discussed....lighten up

penguinpower
October 24th, 2013, 10:11 PM

I agree that YSU's defense is suspect, but at the same time look at the scoring they have allowed against FCS competition. Not too shabby. More of a bend but don't break. However they also give up an opening drive every half, then make adjustments. I don't know how to figure them because 3rd down conversion percentage is bad. It baffles me.

Grizalltheway
October 24th, 2013, 10:32 PM

Sorry, but after Towson's turnover fest against Nova, I'd have to knock them down a peg. You can't make that many mistakes against a team like NDSU and have any chance of winning.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 24th, 2013, 11:33 PM
0 losses. Book it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Sorry, but after Towson's turnover fest against Nova, I'd have to knock them down a peg. You can't make that many mistakes against a team like NDSU and have any chance of winning.

If JJ gets back to his '11 form (maybe he is there already?), the Grizz will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Grizz have:

EWU
Sac State
USD
Weber State
Kitties

EWU and MSU will be tough games but split them and finish 10-2....probably a seed. If Grizz and Bison ever both make it to Frisco....EPIC!