Patriot League vs. OOC:

AAC 1-0
CAA 3-5
Ivy 8-8
Mountain West 0-1
NEC 4-5
Pioneer 2-1

Most Impressive Win of the Week:

BUCKNELL 17, Dartmouth 14 – Thanks, Buffs, for unexpectedly getting us even with the Ivys.

Most Disappointing Loss of the Week:

Harvard 35, LAFAYETTE 16 – Nary a whimper.

Standings (Fordham counts):

Fordham 8-0, 2-0
Colgate 2-5, 1-0
Lafayette 1-5, 1-0
Lehigh 5-1, 1-1
Holy Cross 3-5, 1-1
Bucknell 2-4, 0-2
Georgetown 1-6, 0-2

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Lehigh is1-1 in PL play using your criteria. GTown still counts.....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2013, 11:04 AM

Fordham is also 2-0 with wins over Lehigh & G-Town

Ivytalk
October 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lehigh

bonarae
October 20th, 2013, 05:41 PM
COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL

carney2
October 20th, 2013, 06:08 PM

Corrections made. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be very happy when Fordham counts for real and we can stop this back of an envelope crap.

carney2
October 20th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I'm not picking until we know who the Lafayette QB will be. The junior has been out for weeks with a concussion and will, at best, be "rusty." The sophomore is a turnover machine. The freshman shows some promise. At least he can run.

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I'm not picking until we know who the Lafayette QB will be. The junior has been out for weeks with a concussion and will, at best, be "rusty." The sophomore is a turnover machine. The freshman shows some promise. At least he can run.

C2 - I just cant see Frank not starting the Frosh Drew Reed. He is the Memphis Mobilier!

LehighU11
October 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM

Is Zweizig coming along? Hate to hear someone as promising as him go down, especially after what he's been through in the past year. Hope he can return and salvage what's left of the Pards' season...until Nov. 23rd.

carney2
October 20th, 2013, 06:31 PM
C2 - I just cant see Frank not starting the Frosh Drew Reed. He is the Memphis Mobilier!

You and I agree, but then neither of us would call three straight cracks up the middle from the Lehigh 2, would we? The mind of The Frankosaurus is a strange and mysterious wasteland.

US: It's the sophomore turnover machine vs. the freshman with a running game and a future.

FRANKOSAURUS: It's the sophomore with all those practice reps vs. a freshman who should be worrying about college classes, and who we'd have to simplify the playbook for.

At this point I'm not betting against yet another bad decision from Jurassic man.

And, what if Zwezig is cleared to play? Most coaches do not give away a guy's job because of an injury.

carney2
October 20th, 2013, 06:39 PM
A poster on the Lafayette board points out that the Pards' 5 losses have been to teams that all have winning records, and have a combined 24-7 record. It may be fair to say that their season truly begins this Saturday in Woo.

Pard4Life
October 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM
You and I agree, but then neither of us would call three straight cracks up the middle from the Lehigh 2, would we? The mind of The Frankosaurus is a strange and mysterious wasteland.

US: It's the sophomore turnover machine vs. the freshman with a running game and a future.

FRANKOSAURUS: It's the sophomore with all those practice reps vs. a freshman who should be worrying about college classes, and who we'd have to simplify the playbook for.

At this point I'm not betting against yet another bad decision from Jurassic man.

And, what if Zwezig is cleared to play? Most coaches do not give away a guy's job because of an injury.

Tim Tebow got a raw deal... led the Broncos to the playoffs, gets cut.. never really plays QB again. Even JB Clark at Lehigh... MVP of consecutive Laf-Lehigh games... gets replaced by Lum, leaves school.

But, yes, this is Frank. ZZ may have caught some bad luck, but Reed looks like the real deal. I was also thinking that Frank would only give him the ABCs of the Lafayette playbook, but Reed was throwing the ball to different spots and there were a few plays that we rarely see.

However, remember Shoop. Didn't he play well in the half of one game in relief to wow us, and then got schooled in his first start?

Pard4Life
October 20th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Is there another scandal brewing? The Holy Cross game will be "internet-only" next week. No TV. WTF? I thought all games were to be broadcasted on live TV this year?

Sader87
October 20th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Is there another scandal brewing? The Holy Cross game will be "internet-only" next week. No TV. WTF? I thought all games were to be broadcasted on live TV this year?

Intimating that this is HC's doing?

I have no idea why this is the case. Hate to have another GTown-TV-gate on our hands.

Go...gate
October 21st, 2013, 12:33 AM
A poster on the Lafayette board points out that the Pards' 5 losses have been to teams that all have winning records, and have a combined 24-7 record. It may be fair to say that their season truly begins this Saturday in Woo.

That is the beauty - and the anxiety - of conference games. Anything can happen - and especially this year. I see Colgate having a tough time in DC. I still remember when Georgetown trounced us down there a couple of years ago.

van
October 21st, 2013, 05:21 AM
Should be the easiest week to make picks.

COLGATE with McC is pretty good, Hoyas are pretty bad

HOLY CROSS O looking solid with the Frosh QB, D suspect but should be good enough to beat Frankasauruses

LEHIGH has too much fire power, although Buffs are improving

van
October 21st, 2013, 05:23 AM
That is the beauty - and the anxiety - of conference games. Anything can happen - and especially this year. I see Colgate having a tough time in DC. I still remember when Georgetown trounced us down there a couple of years ago.

Yeah, that big crowd could get the Raiders rattled!

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM
Geez, HC is not going to waltz over the Pards ya know. It is going to be a close game.

Sader87
October 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
On paper I think LC and HC are pretty even.

The caveat here is that Lafayette couldn't have faced HC at a worse time. They have yet to win at Fitton this year and are coming off one of the all-time stomach punch losses. An argument could be made that this is why it will be a good game....but I have a feeling that this is the game that HC breaks out at home in a big way.

Southsider
October 21st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Geez, HC is not going to waltz over the Pards ya know. It is going to be a close game.

I agree P4L. While I don't participate in the weekly pick em's, I think the Pards are just more talented than HC, and will win this game......despite Frank!

ngineer
October 21st, 2013, 01:34 PM
Georgetown just doesn't have enough horses to get out of the 'gate. Colgate, 38-12

Holy Cross QB impressive, but can still be counted on to make a mistake or two that could be critical; however, same may be the issue for " 'pards unknown'. Crusaders, 27-24.

Bison improving and if Wesley back at 100%, could be more interesting than we'd like. Still, Lehigh should feel the burn of momentum and stretch it out winning, 38-17.

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 01:51 PM
and are coming off one of the all-time stomach punch losses.

I can't remember feeling that deflated after watching a game in some time. Last year, despite the many close losses, HC didn't exactly gift-wrap a game to an opponent.

The loss to Colgate was just so deflating.

I think what also made it so difficult to swallow was the game had serious implications for the rest of the season. Sitting at 2-0 in the league with Lafayette coming to town, and we could have begun talking about a potential PLC game with Lehigh. Now, things have to break right for HC for that to even happen.

Turning the ball over two times inside the ten yard line and watching Colgate march down the field for time consuming touchdown drives was torturous.

Not sure what to make of Lafayette this weekend. I expect another close game in the 4th quarter...that HC will somehow piss away. These types of losses are brutal.

CFBfan
October 21st, 2013, 02:02 PM
I can't remember feeling that deflated after watching a game in some time. Last year, despite the many close losses, HC didn't exactly gift-wrap a game to an opponent.

I think what also made it so difficult to swallow was the game had serious implications for the rest of the season. Sitting at 2-0 in the league with Lafayette coming to town, and we could have begun talking about a potential PLC game with Lehigh. Now, things have to break right for HC for that to even happen.

Turning the ball over two times inside the ten yard line and watching Colgate march down the field for time consuming touchdown drives was torturous.

Not sure what to make of Lafayette this weekend. I expect another close game in the 4th quarter...that HC will somehow piss away. These types of losses are brutal.

not sure what the overall roster looks like as far as upper classmen but you have a frosh qb and i think rb as well that look pretty good...future could be promising?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2013, 02:03 PM

I'm still not sure Gilmore is the guy to get HC over the top. I think his personality can wear on his teams after awhile. There's almost a fear of failure....

CFBfan
October 21st, 2013, 02:13 PM
I'm still not sure Gilmore is the guy to get HC over the top. I think his personality can wear on his teams after awhile. There's almost a fear of failure....

his antics on the sideline are childish and embarassing to HC, he really acts out like a moron during games.....and that's in front of a crowd, imagine practice

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
his antics on the sideline are childish and embarassing to HC, he really acts out like a moron during games.....and that's in front of a crowd, imagine practice

He's drastically toned it down in the last five years compared to his first five as head coach. Anyone who's watched HC regularly during the Gilmore era would tell you that.

Also, what coach doesn't "work the officials" during a game?

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM

There are other obstacles that have contributed to the decline the last few seasons. I wrote about them in another thread...and what I have bolded is the crux of the problem, in my opinion.

I think Gilmore is a fabulous coach, and a great ambassador for Holy Cross. Prior to his coming to HC, not only was the football program one of the worst in the country, but they also had a pretty poor reputation on campus -- a low GPA as a team and, as far as I know, not particularly well-liked by many students.

He totally transformed and revitalized the program. He recruited better and smarter football players, and instituted morning runs, breakfast and dinner sign in, and mandatory study hall for players with a GPA below 3.0 (or maybe it was 2.7). This caused many of the players to quit during his first season, but the change in culture was totally necessary given the state of the football program following the 2002 season.

Anyways, he found success early on, even before Dom Randolph arrived. Obviously, Dom made him and many others look very good, but it wasn't just him. He had a slew of other top-notch players (I am pretty sure that HC routinely placed the most 1st and 2nd team All-PL players from 2006-2009), and some very good assistant coaches who have gone on to better jobs elsewhere.

The problem the past few years is that, first and foremost, Dom graduated; there was going to be a bit of a regression. But, I think that HC has lost some of their better assistants since 2009, and recruiting definitely has not been up to par with the rest of the PL (I blame that partially on TG and the assistants, but admissions definitely has something to do with it.). I recall TG saying that recruiting at Lehigh is much, much easier than it is at Holy Cross.

Combine the graduation of Dom Randolph, losing some top assistant coaches, recruiting not being up to par, injuries depleting the team last year, and admissions being very stringent, and that's the reason for the 14-19 record over the past three seasons. Just my .02

As was mentioned previously, he has brought in some very good freshmen with his first class of scholarships. If HC continues to see 3-6 win seasons over the course of the next two or three years, I wouldn't object to moving in a different direction, but Gilmore is still very highly regarded at HC right now and I don't see the school choosing to move elsewhere.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2013, 02:33 PM
There are other obstacles that have contributed to the decline the last few seasons. I wrote about them in another thread...and what I have bolded is the crux of the problem, in my opinion.

As was mentioned previously, he has brought in some very good freshmen with his first class of scholarships. If HC continues to see 3-6 win seasons over the course of the next two or three years, I wouldn't object to moving in a different direction, but Gilmore is still very highly regarded at HC right now and I don't see the school choosing to move elsewhere.

I think Tavani and Gilmore are similar. Both took over programs that were trainwrecks, HC not quite as much, and proceeded to turn them around pretty quickly. After a good 4-5 year run by each program the assistants started to leave and the energy slowly escaped the program.

Tavani seems to be in more trouble but Gilmore can't be too far behind.....

Bill
October 21st, 2013, 02:37 PM
After a tough 3-2 record last week, I forge ahead to week #9 at 30-13.

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL

and unlike LFN, I will not pick Fordham over "bye" and count it as a win....xsmiley_wix

Bill
October 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
By the way, with the Gilmore talk:

Yes, he rubs some people the wrong way.

I, for one, am a huge fan of him as a DC. He is the best defensive coach I've been around, period.

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 02:44 PM
I, for one, am a huge fan of him as a DC. He is the best defensive coach I've been around, period.

Which is pretty ironic because the HC defense has been, by and large, pretty mediocre since he's been the head coach. Conversely, the offense has always been good.

Here's hoping with scholarships...

Sader87
October 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM
, for one, am a huge fan of him as a DC. He is the best defensive coach I've been around, period

Which is all the more frustrating at HC because, truth be told, that has probably been his overall greatest weakness at Holy Cross.

I do think he is the right man for the job though. If he continues to recruit the way he did with his first scholarship class, HC will be a very good team in short order.

CFBfan
October 21st, 2013, 02:50 PM
By the way, with the Gilmore talk:

Yes, he rubs some people the wrong way.

Bill if that is true you've gotta get out more often!!!!

Sader87
October 21st, 2013, 02:51 PM
Good lord, we need lives 11.....xlolx

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 02:53 PM
Good lord, we need lives 11.....xlolx

Ha! AGS and Crossports are my outlets when I get bored at work.

PAllen
October 21st, 2013, 03:40 PM
Colgate
Holy Cross
Lehigh

+1

Fordhamanhattan
October 21st, 2013, 03:42 PM
DOnt remember you clowns being so non vociferous when Fordham sucked wind. An Old Greenpoint Crusader #81 all league 1970 Greenpoint is in Brook;yn. which is in New York, which used to have a lot of Irish. Polacks Ukies . germaNS ANR DAGOS WHO COULD PROBABLY KICK THE ASS OF ALL THESE EASTERN PENNSLYVANIA TEAMS THAT YOU ARE SO PROUD OF. GERARD MEAGHER YJHATS AN IRISH NAME ALTHOUGH I'm a bit german mom's name Fassig but thta's where I get my sense of humpr from. So Dere/

Bill
October 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Guys
I understand that Tom's defenses at HC have been suspect at times....and while 'Bill if that is true you've gotta get out more often!!!!' may be true - I stand by that statement. I have worked with a lot of defensive coaches, and he was the best...I'll leave it at that!

RichH2
October 21st, 2013, 03:44 PM
Tom a very passionate coach which worked very well for our D. Perhaps it does wear on some but doubt it is a major factor in HC football inability,up tonow,in getting back to winning. Just comparing recruiting over last 6 yrs HC has gotten lots of solid players but not much speed or difference makers. Pujols and Guild are that and more. The issue IMO is HC admissions ,first and foremost and asst coaches that are not great recruitiers ,either w talent selection or closing deal. Another drawback is the lack of a local talent pool,altho Gate has surmounted that issue.

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 03:44 PM
DOnt remember you clowns being so non vociferous when Fordham sucked wind. An Old Greenpoint Crusader #81 all league 1970 Greenpoint is in Brook;yn. which is in New York, which used to have a lot of Irish. Polacks Ukies . germaNS ANR DAGOS WHO COULD PROBABLY KICK THE ASS OF ALL THESE EASTERN PENNSLYVANIA TEAMS THAT YOU ARE SO PROUD OF. GERARD MEAGHER YJHATS AN IRISH NAME ALTHOUGH I'm a bit german mom's name Fassig but thta's where I get my sense of humpr from. So Dere/

Oh, okay.

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 03:47 PM
The issue IMO is HC admissions ,first and foremost and asst coaches that are not great recruitiers ,either w talent selection or closing deal. Another drawback is the lack of a local talent pool,altho Gate has surmounted that issue.

This is accurate. HC hasn't gotten that "difference maker" since Randolph.

I think Pujals and Guild are part of a very special recruiting class that will bring the program back to winning ways and a Top 25 ranking.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2013, 03:51 PM
This is accurate. HC hasn't gotten that "difference maker" since Randolph.

I think Pujals and Guild are part of a very special recruiting class that will bring the program back to winning ways and a Top 25 ranking.

Pujals is good but every team in the league has freshman contributing at this point. The other thing that has to be realized is other than that relatively brief period of time, HC has been an average at best program the last 40 or so years.

The HC administration seems to be rather apathetic when it comes to athletics. Lafayette suffers from the same problem imo.

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 04:00 PM
Pujals is good but every team in the league has freshman contributing at this point. The other thing that has to be realized is other than that relatively brief period of time, HC has been an average at best program the last 40 or so years.

I really don't think it's to the point of what HC is receiving from its freshmen though. Two reasons why this is the case: 1) They are very good, 2) The juniors and seniors ahead of them simply aren't as talented.

Look at the Rookie of the Week awards this year in the PL. I think an HC freshmen has won the award eight out of nine weeks. Part of the reason for this is that around the rest of the league, other teams aren't leaning on their freshmen to perform like HC is, so that means less opportunities for ROW awards. But, that being said, I think Pete Pujals is a program-changing kind of player, much like Randolph was for HC.

Also, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better FCS program from 1982-1991 -- during that ten year stretch HC was 89-19.

Plus, HC was pretty competitive from 2005-2009 -- 36-20.

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Reed COULD make a run for ROY if he starts the rest of the games, puts up some nice numbers, and directs us to a few wins. Not saying it will happen, but it could.

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Just realized I'm tossing up a giant meatball for my pal Sader87 making the previous post...

van
October 21st, 2013, 04:10 PM
around the rest of the league, other teams aren't leaning on their freshmen to perform like HC is,

not sure I agree, although a QB and RB tend to get noticed more, Lehigh is relying on two frosh LBs, frosh kick returner, frosh holder and frosh kicker who are both making a difference, can't remember that many frosh in key positions at Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2013, 04:12 PM
I really don't think it's to the point of what HC is receiving from its freshmen though. Two reasons why this is the case: 1) They are very good, 2) The juniors and seniors ahead of them simply aren't as talented.

Look at the Rookie of the Week awards this year in the PL. I think an HC freshmen has won the award eight out of nine weeks. Part of the reason for this is that around the rest of the league, other teams aren't leaning on their freshmen to perform like HC is, so that means less opportunities for ROW awards. But, that being said, I think Pete Pujals is a program-changing kind of player, much like Randolph was for HC.

Also, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better FCS program from 1982-1991 -- during that ten year stretch HC was 89-19.

Pujals is very good but as you said, he probably shouldn't be playing but he's the best option, even as a frosh. Lehigh's highly touted QB is relegated to 3rd string because there is depth, BB and McHale. I'm sure Biddle has someone waiting in the wings behind McCarney as well.

HC's biggest problem, imo, has been the lack of athleticism, especially at the skill positions. Ari Confessor was honestly the last big time athlete I remember them having. There was a solid WR under Randolph but he was nowhere near as good as Colgate's stud at the time. Silva was pretty good too but not someone that's going to show up on any postseason lists iirrc.

HC was an absolute beast in the 80's but fell apart once the scholarships disappeared. That was the fault of their administration imo.

I think HC can be a player in the league, I just don't see them being a yearly threat. The wildcard is Colgate once Biddle retires. Lafayette should be leaps and bounds better than they are, great location, great facilities but a crappy administration.....

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 04:24 PM
Pujals is very good but as you said, he probably shouldn't be playing but he's the best option, even as a frosh

To be fair, Elder and Laughlin are more than capable Patriot League quarterbacks, but they both were dealing with injuries earlier in the season, and Pujals performed well when he received the opportunity. He's a very special player.

HC's biggest problem, imo, has been the lack of athleticism, especially at the skill positions. Ari Confessor was honestly the last big time athlete I remember them having. There was a solid WR under Randolph but he was nowhere near as good as Colgate's stud at the time. Silva was pretty good too but not someone that's going to show up on any postseason lists iirrc.

You're probably thinking of Brett McDermott, who was a very good WR. He nearly made the Colts roster, but was one of the final cuts (Pierre Garcon was just a bit better!). Also, Silva was an All-American -- "Earned first team All-America honors from the American Football Coaches Association and the Sports Network, while being a second team All-America selection by the Associated Press."

HC was an absolute beast in the 80's but fell apart once the scholarships disappeared. That was the fault of their administration imo.

Yup. Again, you're re-opening a can of worms for Sader87 with this!

I think HC can be a player in the league, I just don't see them being a yearly threat. The wildcard is Colgate once Biddle retires. Lafayette should be leaps and bounds better than they are, great location, great facilities but a crappy administration.....

We will see. Given the status quo, it is hard to disagree as Lehigh and Colgate are clearly the two most committed schools in the PL to their football programs.

RichH2
October 21st, 2013, 04:31 PM
Guys
I understand that Tom's defenses at HC have been suspect at times....and while 'Bill if that is true you've gotta get out more often!!!!' may be true - I stand by that statement. I have worked with a lot of defensive coaches, and he was the best...I'll leave it at that!

Yessir, HC D is not due to Tom's lack of coaching ability,rather due to lack of depth and speed on D.Just have to watch them to see they are well schooled but lack athletic skill to finish.

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM

THIS. xthumbsupx

RichH2
October 21st, 2013, 04:36 PM
not sure I agree, although a QB and RB tend to get noticed more, Lehigh is relying on two frosh LBs, frosh kick returner, frosh holder and frosh kicker who are both making a difference, can't remember that many frosh in key positions at Lehigh
Not hard LU has NEVER had that many frosh contributing. Add to that 3-4 more on 2 deep. No complaints from me as to .this class

TheValleyRaider
October 21st, 2013, 04:52 PM
Another near perfect 4-1 week (Bucknell with the upset), up to 26-17 this season

Colgate at Georgetown Colgate Great comeback win in Worcester, might be the biggest hurdle on the PL schedule outside of Lehigh's trip to the frozen tundra (Fordham excluded, of course). With McCarney taking the snaps, the offense can move, and the defense might be improving some. You can mention strength of schedule on this account, but remember they gave up 35 to a lesser HC offense at home last year, so there are certainly signs of life. Speaking of life, or not perhaps, Georgetown appears to be reverting to prior form, getting taken apart by Lehigh. The Raiders did lose their last trip to DC, so I imagine they won't be looking past the Hoyas this time around. Get a solid win, stay healthy, and keep the good vibrations going.

Lafayette at Holy Cross Holy Cross Gut-wrenching nature of the loss aside, the Crusaders are certainly improved from last year. How improved is still up for grabs, but hosting Lafayette is a good test to figure it out. Pujals looks like a talented freshman, making both plays and mistakes (though I don't really blame him for the goalline fumble, that looked like the defense ripping the ball out). I wouldn't rule the Cross out just yet, but a loss this weekend would be devastating. The Leopards meanwhile putter along, losing to Harvard as is tradition. Their only victory is a resounding one against Bucknell, but I can't say they've really done better or worse to this point that I would have expected. Going with the home team here, but the winner remains solidly in the PL hunt.

Lehigh at Bucknell Lehigh The Hawks finally play as expected, bowling over Georgetown in the League opener. They get the other PL bottom-dweller before a bye, then the 3-game gauntlet (relatively speaking) to close out 2013. Bucknell will be riding high after their big victory against Dartmouth, and with this game in Lewisburg, combined with the Hawks' tendency for slow starts, you might see this one stay closer for a little while longer than expected. This is not to predict a Bison win (last time over Lehigh? 1997 xeekx), but it could make for some interesting viewing in the early quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2013, 05:08 PM
You're probably thinking of Brett McDermott, who was a very good WR. He nearly made the Colts roster, but was one of the final cuts (Pierre Garcon was just a bit better!). Also, Silva was an All-American -- "Earned first team All-America honors from the American Football Coaches Association and the Sports Network, while being a second team All-America selection by the Associated Press."

I didn't realize that Silva received that much attention. He was a helluva player, as was his brother......

crusader11
October 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM
I didn't realize that Silva received that much attention. He was a helluva player, as was his brother......

Yeah, Silva was instrumental in a 13-10 at Lehigh in 2006. One of my fondest memories of HC football!

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2013, 08:14 PM
One of my fondest memories of HC football!

You really are trying to instigate Sader87 aren't you?

Sader87
October 21st, 2013, 08:34 PM
You really are trying to instigate Sader87 aren't you?

lol...it's all good. Some of HC's greatest wins have come in PL action, though mostly in the small time frames of the late 80's/early 90's and late 00's.

I'd be lying though if I didn't say seeing HC beat both BC and Army trumps any PL win.

RichH2
October 22nd, 2013, 09:52 AM
LU over Bison closer than point spreads probably .BB gets well over 300yds
Gate easily over Hoyas
Cross tight over Pards. Tough call,Cross down after last second loss? Also Pards have a very good D but suspect STs and O.

FordhamFan
October 22nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Lehigh definitely over Bucknell. I want to say this one is a little hairy though. I feel like Bucknell is getting their feet and at home they won't be awful.

Colgate dominates Georgetown. Poor Georgetown.

Holy Cross over Lafayette. Offense carries Cross to victory, but I see a high scoring affair here. Looking forward to Holy Cross coming to the BX!

Pard4Life
October 22nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
NOBODY is picking the Pards... apparently nobody has watched our games either. We are not Georgetown bad, and the frosh QB gives us hope.

Real season starts now... Pards have not no-showed for one game this year... even when we were losing, we kept fighting... near comeback at Penn, still battling at Princeton, and the surge vs. Harvard.

Pards are close to getting it together... this second half is my final verdict on the coaching staff, FWIW (not like I haven't made my mind up already).

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
We are not Georgetown bad.

Ummmm . . . . . .

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Week 9 Sportsbook:

Brown (-10) at Cornell o/u 58½

Colgate (-9½) at Georgetown o/u 59½

Harvard (-4½) vs Princeton o/u 67

Holy Cross (-3½) vs Lafayette o/u 52½

Lehigh (-17½) at Bucknell o/u 46½

Penn (pk) vs Yale o/u 49

Dartmouth (-16) vs Columbia o/u 41

A Few Other Games of Interest Up Here in These Parts:

Delaware (-7½) at Rhode Island o/u 54½

Towson (-12) at Richmond o/u 56

Villanova (-6½) vs Maine o/u 51

The "You're Playing Whom?" Line of the Week:

Central Connecticut (-24½) vs Salve Regina College for Women o/u 59½

The Division II (for now) vs FBS (for now) Line of the Week:

New Mexico State (-1) vs Abilene Christian o/u 66

The "Have Football, Will Travel" Line of the Week:

Texas Southern (-7) at Grambling o/u 43

LehighU11
October 22nd, 2013, 07:03 PM
The "You're Playing Whom?" Line of the Week:
Central Connecticut (-24½) vs Salve Regina College for Women o/u 59½

As with Princeton and UNH, a CCSU win on Saturday would add yet another quality win to Lehigh's schedule xrolleyesx

Sader87
October 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Lovin' this week's avatar Bogey.....

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
Lovin' this week's avatar Bogey.....

I thought a little nostalgia might be in order . . . . xrolleyesx

carney2
October 22nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Can't believe that anyone who walks upright would be dumb enough not to start Reed, the freshman, so here goes:

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN – ‘gate is in not even approaching the edge of their usual excellence. Georgetown is over the edge. This won’t be the blowout that some are predicting.

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS – The best (only?) game in the Patriot League this week. Paraphrasing Bill Parcells, “you’re as good as your record says you are unless you’re Lafayette and the teams that beat you are a combined 24-7.” The Cross is not up to the levels the Pards have been seeing. Besides, it looks like Sader87 has fallen in love with a one trick pony. Freshman QB vs. freshman QB – it could be memorable. And, no freakin’ TV!

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL – This will be the blowout that some are predicting.

Southsider
October 22nd, 2013, 08:02 PM
NOBODY is picking the Pards... apparently nobody has watched our games either. We are not Georgetown bad, and the frosh QB gives us hope.

Real season starts now... Pards have not no-showed for one game this year... even when we were losing, we kept fighting... near comeback at Penn, still battling at Princeton, and the surge vs. Harvard.

Pards are close to getting it together... this second half is my final verdict on the coaching staff, FWIW (not like I haven't made my mind up already).

I did! I think they are more talented, and will win despite Frank! Go Lafayette!

Sader87
October 22nd, 2013, 08:07 PM
You Lafayette guys are spoiled by your TV network.....the rest of us in the PL have been watching our teams on computers, much like we've watched other types of "entertainment" on these devices for years now. xcoolx

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 08:19 PM
You Lafayette guys are spoiled by your TV network

Indeed we are spoiled. Even the Lehigh people concede that there are things Lafayette does very, very well. Television is one of them.

Embarrassing Holy Cross basketball on television, to the extent that they regularly fire Head Coaches, is another. ;)

Sader87
October 22nd, 2013, 08:27 PM
"We coulda been in the Big East and we'll fire your ass if you don't win right away in hoop....oh yeah, and Bob Cousy went here." Should be our basketball team motto....it kinda already is.....xrotatehx

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Bill Parcells

Wondering if Tuna might be interested in taking this Lafayette team the rest of the way. xchinscratchx

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 08:31 PM
"We coulda been in the Big East and we'll fire your ass if you don't win right away in hoops....oh yeah, and Bob Cousy went here." Should be our basketball team motto....it kinda already is.....xrotatehx

Hey! We won THREE national championships!!!!! The last one was 1926!!!!!! The first non-Ivy ever! Parke Davis! Fielding Yost! We invented the helmet! And the huddle! And the recruiting scandal . . . . .

Coulda been in the Ivy League . . . .

Sader87
October 22nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Hey! We won THREE national championships!!!!! The last one was 1926!!!!!! The first non-Ivy ever! Parke Davis! Fielding Yost! We invented the helmet! And the huddle! And the recruiting scandal . . . . .

Coulda been in the Ivy League . . . .

Yeah, but the Great Big Mid-Western Jumbo Directional School League rules the roost now fella.....take your history and shove it.....you PL guys are all probably secretly gay too.

Bill
October 22nd, 2013, 08:57 PM
Oh, come Sader...haven't you figured it out already:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18447&stc=1

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 09:00 PM
you PL guys are all probably secretly gay too.

Yeah but "gay" meant something different in 1926, too. So we still rule.

Sader87
October 22nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
LOL....it's no wonder most people hate us here.....but they secretly love us, maybe not in a gay way....not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18447&d=1382493355

Ten yard penalty for using an online meme generator in a PL thread, Bill. You'll be more careful next time, won't you?

That's totally directional school stuff.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 09:13 PM
LOL....it's no wonder most people hate us here.....but they secretly love us, maybe not in a gay way....not that there's anything wrong with that.

"Fag*ot" meant something different back then as well.

I believe that "light in the loafers" in the socially correct usage these days.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 09:32 PM
Sample meme in the correct PL format -

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3717/1vu2.png

EDIT - It makes a handy, perfectly AGS-sized avatar, too, should anyone like one . . . . xcoolx

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9457/sid7.png

Sader87
October 22nd, 2013, 09:58 PM
LOL...I can understand how Matthews could go up your ass but I've spoken to him a couple times at tailgates, reunion weekends etc....his on-air persona is mostly a schtick, which is isn't too surprising.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 10:03 PM
LOL...I can understand how Matthews could go up your ass but I've spoken to him a couple times at tailgates, reunion weekends etc....his on-air persona is mostly a schtick, which is isn't too surprising.

OK, so Matthews gets bonus points for coming down to the Crusader tailgate with the hoi-polloi. I still think he wants to be Tip O'Neill in another lifetime.

ngineer
October 22nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Indeed we are spoiled. Even the Lehigh people concede that there are things Lafayette does very, very well. Television is one of them.

Embarrassing Holy Cross basketball on television, to the extent that they regularly fire Head Coaches, is another. ;)

Maybe that explains the program going down "the tube"???? (;-)

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 10:12 PM
Maybe that explains the program going down "the tube"???? (;-)

Touché. Well done.

Just a philosophical question, though - if a program goes 10-1, but no one watches, does it count? Apparently not. xrolleyesx

RichH2
October 22nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
"Fag*ot" meant something different back then as well.

I believe that "light in the loafers" in the socially correct usage these days.

Dating yourself , believe ir is "light in the crocs" nowadays to be totally PC,which I didn't realize us PL guys needed to be. Oh, well expect we'll hear from the weather vane crowd and our friend who's stuck in 1861.

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
I get swamped at work for a few days and miss all the fun stuff.

RichH2
October 22nd, 2013, 10:24 PM
I get swamped at work for a few days and miss all the fun stuff.

Not to worry,its only Tuesday,just warming up

ngineer
October 22nd, 2013, 10:26 PM
Touché. Well done.

Just a philosophical question, though - if a program goes 10-1, but no one watches, does it count? Apparently not. xrolleyesx

Oh we have our own little world of Service Electric (whose name I will never understand), but RCN does a better job for you guys imo.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 10:32 PM
Dating yourself , believe ir is "light in the crocs" nowadays to be totally PC,which I didn't realize us PL guys needed to be. Oh, well expect we'll hear from the weather vane crowd and our friend who's stuck in 1861.

True. However, "drops the soap" is a timeless idiom, IMHO.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 10:37 PM
Oh we have our own little world of Service Electric (whose name I will never understand), but RCN does a better job for you guys imo.

I believe there's a little history there - Service Electric was the nation's very first cable television service, IIRC. Inclusion of "Service" in a company name was de rigueur in the latter Franklin Roosevelt years. We're all about ancient history in the PL, aren't we?

Bill
October 22nd, 2013, 11:04 PM
Bogie

I accept the aforementioned 10 yard penalty with shame.

I was unaware there was an APA manual of style for PL posting :)

In all seriousness, can you let me know how you get the image larger in the the thread? I seem to have no control over the size....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2013, 11:25 PM
I was doing some research and came across "this" typo/embarrassment. Anyone know how this "mistake" can be corrected?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/stat/IAA-93-team.htm

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 11:37 PM
In all seriousness, can you let me know how you get the image larger in the the thread? I seem to have no control over the size....

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7821/ms3e.png

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1718/fo6r.png

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8234/zqmq.png

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2590/t3kc.png

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2013, 11:43 PM
I was doing some research and came across "this" typo/embarrassment. Anyone know how this "mistake" can be corrected?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/stat/IAA-93-team.htm

There simply wasn't enough space to type "Couldn't Get Into" before the word "Lafayette."

It's the thought that counts, though.

Lehigh'98
October 23rd, 2013, 05:02 AM
Towson should easily cover 12 vs Richmond, in fact I will be betting that one. Colgate will probably win by more than 10.

Pards Rule
October 23rd, 2013, 07:06 AM
I thought a little nostalgia might be in order . . . . xrolleyesx

Is that Hal Hocking????

Pards Rule
October 23rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
OK, so Matthews gets bonus points for coming down to the Crusader tailgate with the hoi-polloi. I still think he wants to be Tip O'Neill in another lifetime.

Actually I think he covets being a Daniel Moynihan (former US Senator from NY) as Chris worked for him on da Hill.

ColgateTD
October 23rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Lehigh - although with the upstart Bison taking down the Big Green, one has to have pause about this one.
HC - could be a battle of frosh: Reed vs Pujols (sic); based on what I saw last week gotta go with the Crusader QB - nice arm.
Colgate - no more "gov't shutdown" D, but with McCarney and Armiento healthy, we should pull out a win in a packed stadium...LOL

32-11 so far

ColgateTD
October 23rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Lehigh - although with the upstart Bison taking down the Big Green, one has to have paws about this one.
HC - could be a battle of frosh: Reed vs Pujols (sic); based on what I saw last week gotta go with the Crusader QB - nice arm.
Colgate - no more "gov't shutdown" D, but with McCarney and Armiento healthy, we should pull out a win in a packed stadium...LOL

32-11 so far

Pard4Life
October 23rd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Can't believe that anyone who walks upright would be dumb enough not to start Reed, the freshman, so here goes:

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN – ‘gate is in not even approaching the edge of their usual excellence. Georgetown is over the edge. This won’t be the blowout that some are predicting.

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS – The best (only?) game in the Patriot League this week. Paraphrasing Bill Parcells, “you’re as good as your record says you are unless you’re Lafayette and the teams that beat you are a combined 24-7.” The Cross is not up to the levels the Pards have been seeing. Besides, it looks like Sader87 has fallen in love with a one trick pony. Freshman QB vs. freshman QB – it could be memorable. And, no freakin’ TV!

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL – This will be the blowout that some are predicting.

Sounds like it's between DZ and Reed... ZZ just started exercising this week and is not practicing, plus Tavani said he would have to get his timing back. Translation: he will be out for awhile and permanently if Reed does well.

So if it's between DZ and Reed... yes, you don't need to be a football coach to make this decision. Then again, Tavani prevented Shoop from starting earlier because "he didn't practice well," even though he had the most potential... so the story goes.

Bogus Megapardus
October 23rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Is that Hal Hocking????

It's Gordie Lockbaum.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM

Service Electric was, I believe, one of the first if not the first providers of cable TV in the world. They were an electric utility. I'm not sure if they're still an electric utility, but they've been an independent cable operator for over 60 years.

carney2
October 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Sounds like it's between DZ and Reed.

Tavani says he will make his decision today (Wednesday), but will not announce it before the game.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Isn't the Holy Cross game available for streaming online with the PL Network? xconfusedx

carney2
October 23rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
Isn't the Holy Cross game available for streaming online with the PL Network? xconfusedx

I'm sure it is, but as I said on the Lafayette site, I sit in my dank basement office watching it on a computer monitor while my wife sits in my recliner watching PBS on the big screen HDTV. The only way this works is if we win.

Sader87
October 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Speaking of broadcasts etc., I have been listening to Bob "Mr E" Fouracre do HC sports for 40+ years now. Are there many schools around the country that could match or surpass that? i.e. have had the same TV/radio/internet guy continously since the early 1970's

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
I'm sure it is, but as I said on the Lafayette site, I sit in my dank basement office watching it on a computer monitor while my wife sits in my recliner watching PBS on the big screen HDTV. The only way this works is if we win.

Is it fair to presume a win in Woo will mean you'll be in the basement for the remainder of the season?

Bogus Megapardus
October 23rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Speaking of broadcasts etc., I have been listening to Bob "Mr E" Fouracre do HC sports for 40+ years now. Are there many schools around the country that could match or surpass that? i.e. have had the same TV/radio/internet guy continously since the early 1970's

Jim Finnen has been the public address announcer for Lafayette football and basketball since 1964. Dick Hammer has been the radio voice of Lafayette sports since 1957.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 23rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
27-16 Overall....

Colgate 35 Georgetown 21 - The Hoya's are really bad. I'm off the Colgate bandwagon until they beat a decent team...

Holy Cross 33 Lafayette 27 - I really want to take the 'Pards here but a roadie with QB questions prevent me from pulling the trigger....

Lehigh 36 Bucknell 17 - CMS is basically Goodman west, plus death, taxes and a win over Bucknell are the only certainties in life....

Southsider
October 23rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Jim Finnen has been the public address announcer for Lafayette football and basketball since 1964. Dick Hammer has been the radio voice of Lafayette sports since 1957.

Finnen has the greatest PA voice I have ever heard. And, a class act. As I have mentioned here many, many times, the LU guy (while well intentioned) is the absolute worst. To be fair, the PA system art Goodman is awful. You could pick up a few computer speakers at Staples and get better results!

Southsider
October 23rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
27-16 Overall....

Colgate 35 Georgetown 21 - The Hoya's are really bad. I'm off the Colgate bandwagon until they beat a decent team...

Holy Cross 33 Lafayette 27 - I really want to take the 'Pards here but a roadie with QB questions prevent me from pulling the trigger....

Lehigh 36 Bucknell 17 - CMS is basically Goodman west, plus death, taxes and a win over Bucknell are the only certainties in life....

I just think the Pards D will prevail. I watched the Gate/Cross game today (recorded, of course). while the Cross O, and QB are OK, they are not world beaters!

carney2
October 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
Is it fair to presume a win in Woo will mean you'll be in the basement for the remainder of the season?

A win gets me out of the basement and into the liquor cabinet.

Skyhawk71
October 23rd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Colgate @ Georgetown
Holy Cross @ Lafayette
Lehigh @ Bucknell

crusader11
October 23rd, 2013, 08:55 PM
A win gets me out of the basement and into the liquor cabinet.

If we're being honest, so does a loss.

Either way, it's a win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 23rd, 2013, 09:00 PM
Colgate @ Georgetown
Holy Cross @ Lafayette
Lehigh @ Bucknell

Lafayette is AT Holy Cross...

ngineer
October 23rd, 2013, 09:02 PM

Not that long, but we've had the same gentleman for a few decades and his diction, never good, has gotten worse. A deep mumble. Place him in an echo chamber like Grace Hall and you see 2,000 quizzical faces all saying, "What's he saying????" He's such an 'institution' no one has the heart to end it...smh.

ngineer
October 23rd, 2013, 09:04 PM

Ever since WEST went to different programing I haven't been able to find Leopard games on any radio station. If they are, please advise.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 23rd, 2013, 09:10 PM
If we're being honest, so does a loss.

Either way, it's a win.

I find it easier to "go along for the ride" since I did not attend LU. While I understand the rivalry with LC, all games matter the same to me, generally speaking. LC, Colgate the CAA games are the ones that I get into more...

Temple football is what will lead you to a drinking problem. If I followed that for 20+ years I'd be a true soccer hooligan by now....

Bogus Megapardus
October 23rd, 2013, 09:18 PM
[/B]Ever since WEST went to different programing I haven't been able to find Leopard games on any radio station. If they are, please advise.

They were on another station for a year but only on the campus radio station now, I think, and on internet radio via smartphone.

Sader87
October 23rd, 2013, 09:59 PM
Sox...oops, wrong thread....wrong site.

Pards Rule
October 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM
[/B]Ever since WEST went to different programing I haven't been able to find Leopard games on any radio station. If they are, please advise.

If I was running late I could catch the games on WEST. What kind of programming are they doing now? I remember that old metal WEST sign northbound on 611 on that cliff and when I saw it I knew I was in the Easton area.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2013, 10:25 AM
So last night on Twitter an account claiming to represent a pigeon spying on Oregon's practices started weighing in on this weekend's Lehigh/Bucknell game.

Oregon Video @QuackVideo
(http://twitter.com/QuackVideo)Meet our new pigeon friend. He likes to block our remote camera to get a good view of practice. His name is Timothy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXMTY7YCYAA7eHV.jpg

It inspired this response from me:

LehighFootballNation @LFN
(http://twitter.com/LFN)@QuackVideo (http://twitter.com/QuackVideo/) @HollyAnderson (http://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/) Saban programmed a robotic pigeon to spy on Oregon's practice? BRILLIANT...

Which led, after some butthurt from a Michigan (?) and an Oregon fan or three, to this:

TimothythePigeon@Timthepidgeon (http://twitter.com/Timthepidgeon)

@LFN (http://twitter.com/LFN/) Watch out! I might spy on lehigh next! But why would I do that...Bucknell's gonna put the smackdown on you anyhow! Ca! CAW!

Sader87
October 24th, 2013, 11:18 AM
The HAL-9000 is a bit over-worked with Cardinal-Red Sox permutations this week but was able to spit out the following:

Colgate 31 GTown 13 Red Raiders are a different team with a "getting healthier" McCarney at QB.

Lehigh 20 Bucknell 17 Almost went with the upset here but Engineers eke out a win (as they are wont to do) at Christy M.

Holy Cross 34 Lafayette 17 I wouldn't want to play the Saders this week....a very angry team.

Leopard Loyalist
October 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
A bad week for the home team, even in Worcester

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL

LUHawker
October 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
The HAL-9000 is a bit over-worked with Cardinal-Red Sox permutations this week but was able to spit out the following:

Colgate 31 GTown 13 Red Raiders are a different team with a "getting healthier" McCarney at QB.

Lehigh 20 Bucknell 17 Almost went with the upset here but Engineers eke out a win (as they are wont to do) at Christy M.

Holy Cross 34 Lafayette 17 I wouldn't want to play the Saders this week....a very angry team.

More than the HAL-9000 must be smoking this week. Lehigh 20-17? Only 20 points for Lehigh, really? Lehigh's weakness is not on the O side, even against a good D. I don't even know if the Bison will hit 17, but I think your making for wishful thinking to make the match-up with HC in 2 weeks more of a mystery.

Sader87
October 24th, 2013, 02:30 PM
No disrepect for the Engineers, I just believe the Bison are rejuvenated with their win in Hanover last week. At some point Bucknell has to win a game in this series...don't they??

I think the Brown&White prevail but it's going to be very difficult.

van
October 24th, 2013, 02:57 PM
No disrepect for the Engineers, I just believe the Bison are rejuvenated with their win in Hanover last week. At some point Bucknell has to win a game in this series...don't they??

I think the Brown&White prevail but it's going to be very difficult.

Sader may be on to something, we seem to play to the competition this year, Hoyas aside.

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Sobered up for this week's picks... no more Ivies... big week, big games... much pressure... I need a drink...

Lafayette 32, Holy Cross 30... this is going to be a doozy of a game. Even Frankosaurus cannot screw this one up: Drew Reed will start. Seriously. If not, FT should just hand in his headset and coach Forks Township pee-wee. The Pards showed some composure and grit by not folding at Harvard. Contrare... Pards started scoring touchdowns once Reed entered the game and makes you think what could have been had he started. Pards issues not necessarily defense: it's offense. I think our problems will be solved and the defense will do enough to win. I think we are actually capable of stomping on HC, but funny things have happened in this series. Does the winning QB get PL ROY?

Lehigh 27, Bucknell 14... no.

Colgate 42, Georgetown 20... there was no PL champion in 2008 since Colgate's title is "null and void" because they did not play Georgetown, which "called in sick." Me thinks Hoyas were playing hooky... why not the rest of 2013 too?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Selfishly, I wish the Lafayette/HC was a 3:30 start so I could watch Lehigh/Bucknell and then switch to Laf/HC when it's over.

In all seriousness, though, isn't it a bit odd that all three games are 1PM starts? I can't speak for everyone but it would have been nice to have them in two time slots. I know I would have checked the other game out.

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Selfishly, I wish the Lafayette/HC was a 3:30 start so I could watch Lehigh/Bucknell and then switch to Laf/HC when it's over.

In all seriousness, though, isn't it a bit odd that all three games are 1PM starts? I can't speak for everyone but it would have been nice to have them in two time slots. I know I would have checked the other game out.

It's like soccer... they play the games simultaneously so one team does not throw the game... because if Bucknell beats Lehigh, Lafayette will try harder to lose and take themselves out of the title hunt.

Bogus Megapardus
October 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Does the winning QB get PL ROY?

Yes. xcoffeex

carney2
October 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Even Frankosaurus cannot screw this one up: Drew Reed will start.

Do you have inside information? Or do you just have more faith in the mind of The Frankosaurus than most? Rephrasing: If anyone can screw this up, it's The Frankosaurus. All bets are off until I see the number of the guy in a white shirt standing directly behind the center on Saturday. If it's a 12 I will be in immediate need of computer repairs.

Bogus Megapardus
October 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Do you have inside information?

As "inside" as it gets:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5953/7b24.png

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Ah, chalkboard, old friend. It's been way too long.

Go...gate
October 25th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Georgetown 28, Colgate 26

Holy Cross 20, Lafayette 14

Lehigh 27, Bucknell 10

crusader11
October 25th, 2013, 08:11 AM
The chalkboard! About freakin' time.

blackbeard
October 25th, 2013, 08:32 AM
COLGATE
LAFAYETTE
LEHIGH

RichH2
October 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Did not realize how much I missed the venerable chalkboard. Hopefully not just a farewell tour

Lehigh Football Nation
October 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
If my calculations are correct, I'm 32-11 on the season thus far. Really proud of calling a Colgate win last Saturday, and getting the tone of the game perfect (close game, I predicted 35-33, actual score 28-24). Like everyone else in America, I was shocked that Bucknell beat Dartmouth, a combination of underestimating the Bison and overrating the Big Green.

This week:

Lehigh 35, Bucknell 16. Read why here (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/10/game-breakdown-lehigh-at-bucknell.html).

Holy Cross 30, Lafayette 23. LFN's new rule: In a battle of freshman QBs, always take the home team. It really is that simple.

Colgate 55, Georgetown 21. If Lehigh's rushing offense did that to the Hoyas, I shudder to think of what the Raiders will do to them.

Pard4Life
October 25th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Ah the venerable chalkboard! Things just got serious!

Only me, blackbeard, and Leopard Loyalist have picked the Pards to win...

Bogus Megapardus
October 25th, 2013, 01:39 PM
A couple of lines have moved since earlier in the week.

OLD: Harvard (-4½) vs Princeton o/u 67
NEW: Harvard (-3) vs Princeton o/u 65½

OLD: Holy Cross (-3½) vs Lafayette o/u 52½
NEW: Holy Cross (-4½) vs Lafayette o/u 54

WAS: Dartmouth (-16) vs Columbia o/u 41
NOW: Dartmouth (-17½) vs Columbia o/u 41

Someone's been putting money on Princeton, Holy Cross and Dartmouth.

Pards Rule
October 25th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Ah the venerable chalkboard! Things just got serious!

I don't usually pick just comment but Pards for me too! This is the game we make up for the Fitton Fleecing back in 2011!!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 25th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I don't bet, but if I did I really like Columbia +17 1/2.

Pard4Life
October 25th, 2013, 01:53 PM
A couple of lines have moved since earlier in the week.

OLD: Harvard (-4½) vs Princeton o/u 67
NEW: Harvard (-3) vs Princeton o/u 65½

OLD: Holy Cross (-3½) vs Lafayette o/u 52½
NEW: Holy Cross (-4½) vs Lafayette o/u 54

WAS: Dartmouth (-16) vs Columbia o/u 41
NOW: Dartmouth (-17½) vs Columbia o/u 41

Someone's been putting money on Princeton, Holy Cross and Dartmouth.

Wow... we are being disrespected. Harvard-Princeton is going to be a doozy...

Pard4Life
October 25th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I don't usually pick just comment but Pards for me too! This is the game we make up for the Fitton Fleecing back in 2011!!

And the 2009 no call... and 2008 Hail Mary... last year's romp did not count since nothing was on the line.

Fordham
October 25th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Oh good Lord, the chalkboard!! Too much!

crusader11
October 25th, 2013, 02:10 PM
And the 2009 no call... and 2008 Hail Mary... last year's romp did not count since nothing was on the line.

Davis Rodriguez...LOL. xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
October 25th, 2013, 02:20 PM
`

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7452/r42e.png

carney2
October 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM

Are you sure of that? Check again.

Bogus Megapardus
October 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Are you sure of that? Check again.

The Frankosaurus Chalkboard now has the Pards winning by a FG.

Pards Rule
October 25th, 2013, 02:35 PM

You know I didn't disagree with the 2009 no-call. It was borderline at best. I did have a MAJOR MAJOR issue with the no call in the end zone (Ross in 2011 aka the Fitton Fleecing) and then two subsequent PI calls for HC on the winning drive that were jocular, most particularly the first - and most critical - as I think that came on a 4th down play?

Bill
October 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Catholic do-goodys or not - they still cheat?

I love it. I like the chalkboard....

Bogus Megapardus
October 25th, 2013, 05:30 PM
I think I've discovered the sole remaining vestige of Boston University football on Google - a rooftop practice area for the band.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4208/dsr2.png

In my younger days, this (and a can of maroon paint) would be a prank waiting to happen.

Sader87
October 25th, 2013, 09:14 PM
BU is nevah bringing back football imo...

Bogey, making the trip to Woo manana?

Bogus Megapardus
October 25th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Bogey, making the trip to Woo manana?

I really have zero excuse not to drive up - for reasons far exceeding the game. I have very close family in Worcester.

Sader87
October 25th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Game day decision here...brother coaching a HS game at 11am to make playoffs, Sox tomorrow night, went to Fenway last night and jinxed them....busy sports day in Sader87-world....I know I'm viewing this game through very heavily purple tinted-lenses, but I see the Saders winning by 10-14.

ngineer
October 25th, 2013, 10:49 PM
To hell with the yard work. Going to take the scenic jaunt to Lewisburg and stare into the sun at the Christy to cheer on the Brown Bombers clad in white. Looks like a great day for football in the northeast; mid-50's and sunny, and the leaves peaking. All reports have Wesley returning, the Bison's major weapon. While I recognize BU has been doing great job on defense, I can' see us being held under 30, unless we shoot ourselves in the foot ala Columbia. Lehigh was shooting "BB's" last week and I expect the mojo to continue. Lehigh 34-17.

CrusaderBob
October 26th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Colgate
Lehigh
Holy Cross

Bogus Megapardus
October 26th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Catholic do-goodys or not - they still cheat?

I love it. I like the chalkboard....

Next week will feature the Do-Goodys vs the Goo-Doodys. Youngsters should shield their eyes.

ColgateTD
October 26th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Holy crap! WTF happened? Other than 'Gate, things went topsey-turvey in the PL this Saturday. Looks like the race for the championship is wide open...

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Ah! Told ya'll that Lafayette would win and the picks were lopsided!

Now, Bucknell - Lehigh, that's shocking!

DFW HOYA
October 26th, 2013, 04:08 PM
BU is nevah bringing back football imo...

Unless Nickerson Field is razed, a future BU president may wake up and see the great unmet opportunity to rebuild bridges with the alumni under the academic umbrella of PL football.

...Either that, or he likes the idea of visiting unfinished Multi-Sport Field every two years.