PDA

View Full Version : Colgate 28, Holy Cross 24

Go...gate
October 19th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Nice win for the Red Raiders this afternoon in Worcester.

TheValleyRaider
October 20th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Great win :). A game like this one takes a bit of guts, and it's great to see that even with the awful start they can pull off wins like this.

Not to overstate the obvious, but having McCarney back makes a tremendous difference in the offense. Once he shook off some early rust (especially in timing with the receivers), they moved the ball, and minus the turnovers looked pretty solid. Lots of young guys getting time this season, should be better over the next few years.

On the one hand, the defense got a bit lucky with some turnovers, but that's the name of the game. Pujals should be a good piece long-term for the Crusaders, but he's going to need a bit of help, as well as the experience that comes with age/continued playing time.

GU, BU, LC in the next 3 weeks before the potentially big showdown in Hamilton with Lehigh. No room for slip-ups.

Go...gate
October 20th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I'm just happy for the players, who have hung in there. I don't see this as a sign we will run the table. This is a rebuilding program right now.

Engineer86
October 20th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Great win :). A game like this one takes a bit of guts, and it's great to see that even with the awful start they can pull off wins like this.

Not to overstate the obvious, but having McCarney back makes a tremendous difference in the offense. Once he shook off some early rust (especially in timing with the receivers), they moved the ball, and minus the turnovers looked pretty solid. Lots of young guys getting time this season, should be better over the next few years.

On the one hand, the defense got a bit lucky with some turnovers, but that's the name of the game. Pujals should be a good piece long-term for the Crusaders, but he's going to need a bit of help, as well as the experience that comes with age/continued playing time.

GU, BU, LC in the next 3 weeks before the potentially big showdown in Hamilton with Lehigh. No room for slip-ups.

All you need to do is beat LU and have anyone beat LC and you can lose to any one of those games.

CFBfan
October 20th, 2013, 09:05 AM
is any body else tired of gilmore acting liking a spoiled child on the side line jumping up and down yelling at refs, running onto the field yelling at refs, crying about every call made? or if you're a cross fan are you simply tired of him not winning without dom randolph?

ngineer
October 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Gilmore will never change (much). You should have seen/heard him when he was the DC at Lehigh. The profanity laced tirades coming out of the second level of the press box could be heard down in the lower deck of the stands. I think he as 'mellowed' relatively speaking, but he still has relapses.
Key to yesterday's game was the turnovers by Pujals. Didn't appear he got the ball in the rb's gut at the goaline, and the int in the endzone was a real 'rookie mistake'. Should never have been thrown. Otherwise, I saw both teams as even.

CFBfan
October 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Gilmore will never change (much). You should have seen/heard him when he was the DC at Lehigh. The profanity laced tirades coming out of the second level of the press box could be heard down in the lower deck of the stands. I think he as 'mellowed' relatively speaking, but he still has relapses.
Key to yesterday's game was the turnovers by Pujals. Didn't appear he got the ball in the rb's gut at the goaline, and the int in the endzone was a real 'rookie mistake'. Should never have been thrown. Otherwise, I saw both teams as even.

Yes I agree but for a frost the kid looked really good. Have a senior at qb was an edge for gate. Cross has a real good at qb and with a year or 2 of experience could be lights out

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Pujals looks like a baller that will be a collective headache for the rest of the PL for a while.