PDA

View Full Version : USD 38 - UNI 31 F/2OT

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Wow the Valley is nuts this year! Great win yotes!

Moto X

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 07:40 PM
HAAAAA

UNI is 0-3 in the Valley!!

xlolx

DSUrocks07
October 19th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I think the question everyone want to know, where do we rank UNI this week? :p

ysubigred
October 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM
HAAAAA

xlolx

NAH!!!! 3-0 we're just dreaming they are 100 time's champs you know... xbabycryx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 07:44 PM
NAH!!!! 3-0 we're just dreaming they are 100 time's champs you know... xbabycryx

LOL.....I guess at least one UNI fan will bring up all of their conference titles....xlolx

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 07:44 PM

I honestly have no idea.

Moto X

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 07:45 PM

#25...if that

DSUrocks07
October 19th, 2013, 07:46 PM
#25...if that

"Too low" - bluehenbillk

xsmiley_wix

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 07:48 PM
"Too low" - bluehenbillk

xsmiley_wix

4-3 with 3 straight loses.......

ysubigred
October 19th, 2013, 07:48 PM
#25...if that

About 6th to 39th... xdohx

Darlinikki150
October 19th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Its a soul crushing loss for UNI. Can they rebound at this point or will it just be an endless spiral down til the season is mercifully ended for them?

DoubleE
October 19th, 2013, 07:49 PM
how can any team in last place in their conference this late into the season be ranked ?

MTfan4life
October 19th, 2013, 07:51 PM

Both UNI and SDSU will still be ranked top 20 in the TSN poll. UNI might have to lose out to drop out of that one.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I just want to point this out: there were UNI posters who wanted to drop USD from the Valley for lack of competition and get back to a true round Robin.

Hope that crow tastes good.

Moto X

ysubigred
October 19th, 2013, 07:52 PM
how can any team in last place in their conference this late into the season be ranked ?

Funny.. I believe UNI finished higher than YSU last year with their great season.. Some teams get the ranks and some don't xtroublex

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Both UNI and SDSU will still be ranked top 20 in the TSN poll. UNI might have to lose out to drop out of that one.

Not SDSU

Maybe UNI

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 07:55 PM
How can you rank a team that is 0-3 in conference and two of three loses at home in OT? They are out for me.

Moto X

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 19th, 2013, 07:59 PM

3 game losing streak='s unranked....

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 08:05 PM
How can you rank a team that is 0-3 in conference and two of three loses at home in OT? They are out for me.

Moto X

Good point!

SeattleGriz
October 19th, 2013, 08:05 PM
HAAAAA

xlolx

No, they are a top 4 seed according to everyone and the GPI.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 08:08 PM
No, they are a top 4 seed according to everyone and the GPI.

They go to SDSU and have 3 of their last 5 on the road.

They will lose at least 1 more and possibly more.

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2013, 08:11 PM
They go to SDSU and have 3 of their last 5 on the road.

They will lose at least 1 more and possibly more.

And they don't play Indiana St which seem to be this year's slump buster

theasushow
October 19th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Seems like we had this same debate last season...they just kept on a losin.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Seems like we had this same debate last season...they just kept on a losin.

Very good point TAS, they are a good football team, but they can't play for four quarters just like last year. Out.

Moto X

Professor Chaos
October 19th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Don't want to say for sure without looking it over more closely tomorrow but I think UNI will still find they're way into the top 25. Especially if McNeese manages to beat SHSU. I don't think they're in the playoffs as of now though. SDSU should be unranked at this point.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Is UNI pulling a Youngstown State?

Twentysix
October 19th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I think UNI is officially pulling a UNI. See 2012 (4-6 against DI teams).

penguinpower
October 19th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Where the F*** is Clenz? He's got some splainin' to do

Twentysix
October 19th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Fire Farley?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Where the F*** is Clenz? He's got some splainin' to do

Clenz at least wont 'sugarcoat' it....I think.

That nmatson or whatever will fire up the excuses....xlolx

ysubigred
October 19th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Is UNI pulling a Youngstown State?

NAH.. Just overated like all the previous Lehaw teams xdizzyx UNI just has a tough schedule to prove it early xblehx

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 08:59 PM
There are just no easy games in the Valley. The loss of Farley really hurt UNI's defense.

SeattleGriz
October 19th, 2013, 09:03 PM
There are just no easy games in the Valley. The loss of Farley really hurt UNI's defense.

Puhleaze! NDSU is at the top and the rest is light years below. This whole MVC is the toughest is complete and utter ****.

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Puhleaze! NDSU is at the top and the rest is light years below. This whole MVC is the toughest is complete and utter ****.

xblehx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 09:09 PM

Bullsh** buddy.

MV teams beat each other up every week. Injuries are hitting teams now but some haven't had the depth as others.

USD is looking like they will beat Montana when they meet in Vermillion.

Yotes
October 19th, 2013, 09:13 PM
UNI's demise aside, just want to let you guys know that USD is 3-1 in the Valley and currently hold 3rd place to themselves. Watch out for us now and in the future, this team is incredibly young, only graduating maybe 6 starters this year with plenty of young talent waiting in the wings. You'll be seeing us in the playoffs soon.

Twentysix
October 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Bullsh** buddy.

MV teams beat each other up every week. Injuries are hitting teams now but some haven't had the depth as others.

Idk if that's exactly what it looks like... USD certainly has a shot though.

Yotes
October 19th, 2013, 09:18 PM
You better believe we have a shot against Montana. Our home games are close no matter who visits, and this team is just straight rolling right now under new QB Kevin Earl.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 09:18 PM
UNI's demise aside, just want to let you guys know that USD is 3-1 in the Valley and currently hold 3rd place to themselves. Watch out for us now and in the future, this team is incredibly young, only graduating maybe 6 starters this year with plenty of young talent waiting in the wings. You'll be seeing us in the playoffs soon.

A lot of conference season left....xeyebrowx

Bisonator
October 19th, 2013, 09:22 PM

USD is certainly better then I expected. Congrats to Joe Glenn and the yotes!xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 09:23 PM
You better believe we have a shot against Montana. Our home games are close no matter who visits, and this team is just straight rolling right now under new QB Kevin Earl.

USD still has Ill State and NDSU on the road and Montana, SDSU and YSU at home. 5 tough games.

Yotes
October 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM
A lot of conference season left....xeyebrowx
Oh yeah, lot of season left indeed. Halfway through though, and we're in a position in the standings typically occupied by a playoff team. The last 5 games are very tough, but so was the one we won today. I'm not calling for playoffs this year (if we find a way to win the next three @Illinois State, vs Youngstown and vs Montana I'll start calling for it), but I am saying that this program is going to be a player in the conference within the next couple years. 0-8 last year to 3-1 so far this year is one significant improvement, and things are only going to get better going forward.

dewey
October 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Wow! Great win for USD!

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Oh yeah, lot of season left indeed. Halfway through though, and we're in a position in the standings typically occupied by a playoff team. The last 5 games are very tough, but so was the one we won today. I'm not calling for playoffs this year (if we find a way to win the next three @Illinois State, vs Youngstown and vs Montana I'll start calling for it), but I am saying that this program is going to be a player in the conference within the next couple years. 0-8 last year to 3-1 so far this year is one significant improvement, and things are only going to get better going forward.

Yes, definite improvement and I am eating crow for sure because I thought USD would struggle again this year.

If USD wins out they are in the playoffs for sure.

Yotes
October 19th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Yes, definite improvement and I am eating crow for sure because I thought USD would struggle again this year.

If USD wins out they are in the playoffs for sure.
I'm so glad to hear someone other than deranged Coyote fans say that we are in control of our playoff destiny. We are 3-0 under the new offense, but I highly doubt we can get through the rest of the schedule with just one loss. I just wish that we had made a switch on offense before the season, we lost two very winnable games under the previous QB. I'll be ecstatic if we finish with a winning record in the conference, a far cry from last year's 0-8 campaign.

Yote 53
October 19th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Where is Clenz? I wanted to talk to him again about how the Dakotas are taking over the Valley and UNI was descending into obscurity. Where are you now?

mmiller_34
October 19th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Its a soul crushing loss for UNI. Can they rebound at this point or will it just be an endless spiral down til the season is mercifully ended for them?

UNI can do it with us. That way we aren't lonely as we spiral down.

Drblankstare
October 19th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I honest to god love seeing USD fans doing some strutting. Me and everyone else figured that program for dead this year. Good for them

ValleyTalk
October 19th, 2013, 10:58 PM
I honest to god love seeing USD fans doing some strutting. Me and everyone else figured that program for dead this year. Good for them
Their defense completely shut down YSU last year, but YSU found a way to win. Defense can win a lot of games when you have just an average offense.... YSU goes with a different philosophy. All offense and an average defense.

Yotes
October 19th, 2013, 11:47 PM
It's a good day. I think our first 7 games have far exceeded any reasonable fan's expectations for the season, and we still have 5 more games to really ice the cake. Defense has been solid this year (especially against the pass, 1st going into today for pass defense), and our new offense has developed rapidly since we made a change 3 games ago. 3-0 under new QB, sophomore Kevin Earl. His passing game lets the freshmen backs really shine, and gives the defense a well needed rest during the game. We are incredibly young (47 freshmen, 14 sophomores, 11 juniors, 16 seniors, only going to graduate 7 starters) so the future looks ever brighter with each win.

I said all through last year and up until today that last year's 0-8 Valley record was a fluke. We lost have our games by a field goal, just couldn't catch a break. The improvement that comes in the second year of a coaching staff mixed with getting some breaks this year has us doing pretty well, and I am going to strut like there's no tomorrow!

Southern Bison
October 20th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Their defense completely shut down YSU last year, but YSU found a way to win. Defense can win a lot of games when you have just an average offense.... YSU goes with a different philosophy. All offense and an average defense.

Follow the old adage where Offense puts butts in the seats, but Defense wins Championships. That's what has been NDSU's mantra for the last three seasons. It looks like USD may be following that advice.

Hell, I preach that to my son's football team as their coach and we're 4-0 and looking to repeat as league champs!

darell1976
October 20th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Congrats to the Coyotes. You have really turned things around and I wish you luck on the rest of the year, and we will see you guys in 2015.

Daved
October 20th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Is UNI pulling a Youngstown State?Looks like it-- as so far they are 0 for October like YSU went last year.xsmugx

Daved
October 20th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Where the F*** is Clenz? He's got some splainin' to doHe is still on suicide watch--he threatened to jump in the Cedar River but so far has been unable to find it.

Daved
October 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I honest to god love seeing USD fans doing some strutting. Me and everyone else figured that program for dead this year. Good for themDitto!!

Daved
October 20th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Clenz at least wont 'sugarcoat' it....I think.

That nmatson or whatever will fire up the excuses....xlolxClenz will always point out bad calls by the officials(the ones against UNI) on the ones that they lose.

Gil Dobie
October 20th, 2013, 09:39 AM

A good coach can make a big difference in a short time. Glenn is a good coach.

Houndawg
October 20th, 2013, 09:51 AM

Amen. here's wishing Bohl success at Minnesota....:D

NoDak 4 Ever
October 20th, 2013, 10:30 AM

I said this last year. Give him a couple years and USD will no longer be considered a doormat.

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Amen. here's wishing Bohl success at Minnesota....:D

You have a sick sense of humor. :p

BlueHenSinfonian
October 20th, 2013, 12:33 PM
From the game photos on UNI's site it looks like both teams were wearing their home uniforms, why?

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 12:35 PM
That happens sometimes, NDSU and USD both wore home jersey's in Sioux falls last year.

Yotes
October 20th, 2013, 12:41 PM
From the game photos on UNI's site it looks like both teams were wearing their home uniforms, why?
We asked them before the game if we could wear all red since we had won the previous two games (the first two games we ever won in the Valley) while wearing all red, and they agreed. Why stray from a good thing? Worked again! Doubt Illinois State allows it next week though.

Only 3 more wins and we go up to Fargo for the MVFC Title Game ;)

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 01:14 PM
We asked them before the game if we could wear all red since we had won the previous two games (the first two games we ever won in the Valley) while wearing all red, and they agreed. Why stray from a good thing? Worked again! Doubt Illinois State allows it next week though.

Only 3 more wins and we go up to Fargo for the MVFC Title Game ;)

Illinois State can't allow it, they wear red.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 20th, 2013, 01:22 PM

Have them both wear home colors and move it to Roos Field.

Yotes
October 20th, 2013, 01:23 PM
I think that two teams wearing all red would make for an interesting game. Plus we haven't won with the white jerseys in about a billion years.

OBC
October 20th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Great win for the Yotes. Exciting game to watch and a much needed road win.

It sure seemed like late in the fourth quarter UNI was playing crowd notice from their speakers up above? Has anyone else ever observed that? Isn't that against the rules?

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2013, 09:29 PM
UNI played crowd noise from their speakers as part of a video to pump the crowd up. Pretty positive they turned it off before breaking the huddle.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM
UNI will be lucky to win one more this season. I think we beat WIU, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Each week we lose more and more players to injury and our play calling is not improving. Less talent available to us makes the fact that we get outcoached more obvious.

UNI is not the same team any more and should not be ranked or in the playoff picture.

I wasn't that impressed by USD. We are a beaten down and limping team. They should have won. Their running back can't hold on to the ball, their kicker missed some chip shots indoors, and I wasn't that impressed by their defense.

Congrats to them on the win, but their posters are coming out of the woodwork a little early in my opinion, but that happens.

OBC
October 20th, 2013, 10:32 PM
UNI will be lucky to win one more this season. I think we beat WIU, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Each week we lose more and more players to injury and our play calling is not improving. Less talent available to us makes the fact that we get outcoached more obvious.

UNI is not the same team any more and should not be ranked or in the playoff picture.

I wasn't that impressed by USD. We are a beaten down and limping team. They should have won. Their running back can't hold on to the ball, their kicker missed some chip shots indoors, and I wasn't that impressed by their defense.

Congrats to them on the win, but their posters are coming out of the woodwork a little early in my opinion, but that happens.

USD has lost from their roster since the beginning of the year due to injury:

starting RB
back up sr RB
projected starting DE
projected starting middle LB
Starting Sr three yr. starter at guard
starting FB

those are just the guys that are done - the list of "walking wounded" still playing is much longer. Guess what, just like almost every team.

Not surprising USD came out of the woodwork. We are happy to actually get a win. 1-10 was a long year last year coupled with a three year drought on the road, warrants some interest from our folks.

And since you shared your opinion about USD fans coming out of the woodwork a little early, I will share my take on your fans:

very dismissive and patronizing before the game. Hey good win Yotes - happy to see you took care of business against Misery State and ISU, man they are bad..... Direct quote from the N Iowa tailgate folks next to my group.

reading Panthernation.com now - all you hear is derogatory comments like South freaking Dakota beat us...... Officiating ..... And how you lost - USD didn't beat you.

The game played out and the better team on the field won. Your team is fortunate that USD cannot long snap on punts or kick short FGs, otherwise you lose by double digits in OT.

It was a tough call who to root for next Saturday when you play SDSU but your fans have made it easy. I am rooting for a Dakotas sweep of UNI this year.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2013, 10:46 PM
USD has lost from their roster since the beginning of the year due to injury:

starting RB
back up sr RB
projected starting DE
projected starting middle LB
Starting Sr three yr. starter at guard
starting FB

those are just the guys that are done - the list of "walking wounded" still playing is much longer. Guess what, just like almost every team.

Not surprising USD came out of the woodwork. We are happy to actually get a win. 1-10 was a long year last year coupled with a three year drought on the road, warrants some interest from our folks.

And since you shared your opinion about USD fans coming out of the woodwork a little early, I will share my take on your fans:

very dismissive and patronizing before the game. Hey good win Yotes - happy to see you took care of business against Misery State and ISU, man they are bad..... Direct quote from the N Iowa tailgate folks next to my group.

reading Panthernation.com now - all you hear is derogatory comments like South freaking Dakota beat us...... Officiating ..... And how you lost - USD didn't beat you.

The game played out and the better team on the field won. Your team is fortunate that USD cannot long snap on punts or kick short FGs, otherwise you lose by double digits in OT.

It was a tough call who to root for next Saturday when you play SDSU but your fans have made it easy. I am rooting for a Dakotas sweep of UNI this year.

Yup. We are embarrassed you guys beat us. We almost beat the Bison and then things fell apart. We are a few plays from being undefeated and are caught in a death spiral. Why would you think we would be excited to lose to a team that hasn't done anything lately and might finish at .500?

I don't think that many posters blame the officiating for the loss. They were pretty terrible, but our coaching was awful.

Not sure how you lose by double digits in OT?

I don't give a f*** who you cheer for. Good for you. ;)

I was excited about you new coaching staff and the idea that your program would improve. I still am excited because you're just some guy on a message board with 13 posts in one year, not an official representative for USD.

I'm guessing the responses you get have a lot to do with the comments you make. Go figure people on the UNI board were disappointed their team lost. I'd say your view of the game is just as slanted as theirs in the opposite way. The truth of how the game played out is in the middle.

OBC
October 20th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Meant to say - before overtime. When a team racks up over 500 yds in your place - moving up and down the field - only going three and out once - that is a beating. Your offense was bottled up in the second half and were only successful after getting gifted turnovers by crappy mishandled punt snaps. Even with those gifts, your team lost.

Get used to losing to the Dakotas. Just sharing my opinion like you. Sorry to come out of the woodwork before you gave me permission. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Meant to say - before overtime. When a team racks up over 500 yds in your place - moving up and down the field - only going three and out once - that is a beating. Your offense was bottled up in the second half and were only successful after getting gifted turnovers by crappy mishandled punt snaps. Even with those gifts, your team lost.

Get used to losing to the Dakotas. Just sharing my opinion like you. Sorry to come out of the woodwork before you gave me permission. xthumbsupx
You'll be gone soon enough. ;)

Some of us are FCS fans and post whether our teams are winning or losing.

Twentysix
October 20th, 2013, 11:01 PM
You'll be gone soon enough. ;)

Some of us are FCS fans and post whether our teams are winning or losing.

He means Clenz and himself will still be around. All the other UNI fans are bandwagoners that hide when they are down :p.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2013, 11:02 PM
He means Clenz and himself will still be around. All the other UNI fans are bandwagoners that hide when they are down :p.

I meant me. I don't speak for UNI. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
October 20th, 2013, 11:05 PM
The Yotes fans really popped up in force this week, didn't they?

OBC
October 20th, 2013, 11:18 PM

Well not much to post on last year - it was like being slowly beaten to death. Pain followed by more pain the next week. Even the one victory USD had was against a very bad looking Colgate team and that took everything they had.

Even with the win I think there are only three Yote fans posting here.

JayJ79
October 21st, 2013, 12:00 AM
Not sure how you lose by double digits in OT?

team A plays offense first, scores a touchdown. then intercepts a pass and runs it back for 6?
or would they blow the play dead right away with the intercept? (I mean, any sensible player wouldn't bother running back an INT in that situation, as there is the chance of fumbling it and the other team regaining posession, but in theory...)

JayJ79
October 21st, 2013, 12:02 AM

Coyotes usually cower and hide, but when something is hobbled and down, they gang up on it.

Tod
October 21st, 2013, 02:59 AM
Bullsh** buddy.

Other than the upset of UNI, I see nothing particularly threatening about USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2013, 06:36 AM
Other than the upset of UNI, I see nothing particularly threatening about USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

They play pretty well in their dome for starters....ask EWU about that.

Grizz will have a tough game in Vermillion.

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2013, 07:40 AM
This UNI team is not right. Not having your two best defensive players for the game doesn't help. Then losing your starting SS to a targeting foul in the 2nd quarter.

We were up 28-7 and then Kollmorgen went full derp. This game was more about UNI losing than USD winning. They did what they needed to, but we handed it to them on a silver platter. Injuries are part of the game, but not having 2 wide receivers or the starting tight end is starting to get to Kollmorgen I think. The defense hasn't been the same without Farley and a lot has to do with his leadership I think. Good game to USD.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Well not much to post on last year - it was like being slowly beaten to death. Pain followed by more pain the next week. Even the one victory USD had was against a very bad looking Colgate team and that took everything they had.

Even with the win I think there are only three Yote fans posting here.

Don't remind me about that win over Colgate. xlolx