PDA

View Full Version : SLC by the Numbers

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2006, 12:07 PM
0 - The amount of teams in the Sports Network Top 25.

0-14 - SLC's record against I-A teams

1-15 - The record of SLC teams on the road with the sole win being a SHSU win over Missouri St in Springfield, MO

2 - Two losses to sub-Div I teams by the SLC, both by SFA (Delta St and UCA)

2 - Teams already mathematically eliminated from qualifying for an at-large bid

5 - Five of the seven schools in the SLC currently have losing streaks of 2+

.500 - SLC teams enter this weekend 7-7 at home, a .500 record

.500 - Two teams with .500 records (SHSU and NWST)

Dallas Demon
October 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
UCA is officially a I-AA Independent, not sub Division I. They are Division I in all other sports just like everyone else in the SLC (and are a current SLC member).

slycat
October 3rd, 2006, 12:57 PM
UCA is officially a I-AA Independent, not sub Division I. They are Division I in all other sports just like everyone else in the SLC (and are a current SLC member).

yeah but the game counts as DII and doesnt count towards the 7 wins needed for an at large bid.

GeauxColonels
October 3rd, 2006, 01:19 PM
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

slycat
October 3rd, 2006, 01:21 PM
honestly this season is so bad that i am becoming a fan of every slc team in hopes that one will step up and make some noise.

GeauxColonels
October 3rd, 2006, 01:25 PM
honestly this season is so bad that i am becoming a fan of every slc team in hopes that one will step up and make some noise.
I'm with you. I think most people thought both Nicholls State and Texas State weren't going to have years as good as last year, but I think most people also expected Nicholls State, Texas State, McNeese State, Northwestern State and Southeastern to be competitive. Instead, all of these teams lost games that, looking at them in the preseason, they should have won easily. : smh : : smh : : smh :

patssle
October 3rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
And most people expected Sam to be in the cellar. Not so!

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2006, 02:33 PM
Kill this thread. We have all seen enough of this BS and it is not doing anyone anygood to dwell on the SLC record to date :nonono2:

xcoffeex

blackfordpu
October 3rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
I am very interesed to see how the opening of the SLC turns out. I strongly believe that the winner of the SHSU/Nw St. game will win the SLC this season.

patssle
October 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
I agree. If Sam can win on the road this weekend, I belive we will win the SLC. If we lose, we still have a chance but my optimism will be more in check.

A LOT is riding on this game....

GeauxColonels
October 3rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
Kill this thread. We have all seen enough of this BS and it is not doing anyone anygood to dwell on the SLC record to date :nonono2:

xcoffeex
Uhhhhhh.....then don't read it! xidiotx

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2006, 03:08 PM

You don't know how bad things are here. Just wait.

Doc

Dallas Demon
October 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
I'm with you. I think most people thought both Nicholls State and Texas State weren't going to have years as good as last year, but I think most people also expected Nicholls State, Texas State, McNeese State, Northwestern State and Southeastern to be competitive. Instead, all of these teams lost games that, looking at them in the preseason, they should have won easily. : smh : : smh : : smh :

This is NOT a true statement. Northwestern did not lose games they were expected to win. Northwestern's two losses were to Kansas and Baylor. I don't think anyone expected us to win those.

Dallas Demon
October 3rd, 2006, 03:14 PM
yeah but the game counts as DII and doesnt count towards the 7 wins needed for an at large bid.

I don't think that is correct, they are considered a "transitional I-AA" team. The 7 win thing I believe is subjective anyway and is not set in stone, however it is used as a general guideline.

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2006, 05:31 PM

:anim_chai Right back at ya

buckp
October 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
You don't know how bad things are here. Just wait.

Doc

I just heard (from a very reliable source) that McNeese Head Coach - Tommy Tate has just been fired!!!! :eek:

I really feel bad for us now....: smh :

GeauxLions94
October 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
I just heard (from a very reliable source) that McNeese Head Coach - Tommy Tate has just been fired!!!! :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: That's totally come out of left field, especially with SFA calling for McFarland's head on a platter (thought he would have been first) and SHSU not too thrilled with TW.

bobcatalum05
October 3rd, 2006, 06:48 PM
And most people expected Sam to be in the cellar. Not so!

You havent won an SLC game yet. I predidct after this Saturday you still will be winless in the SLC. Until conference starts no one can be called the cellar dweller. The SLC is up for grabs this year. Even Sam Houston has a shot.

slycat
October 3rd, 2006, 08:02 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: That's totally come out of left field, especially with SFA calling for McFarland's head on a platter (thought he would have been first) and SHSU not too thrilled with TW.

im glad that we arent the ones with coach problems for once.

blackfordpu
October 3rd, 2006, 08:44 PM

Odd time to fire your head coach. Right before conference starts? Wouldn't it be better to take your chances with a coach/system everyone knows?

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM

We were "theoretically" supposed to lose the two games that we had lost.

But the two we did win...we were extremely sloppy.

GeauxColonels
October 4th, 2006, 06:21 PM
We were "theoretically" supposed to lose the two games that we had lost.

But the two we did win...we were extremely sloppy.
That's true. I was thinking about that the other say. Northwestern and SFA may be the only 2 teams in conference with records that were expected 4 games into the season.

The post was mostly aimed at the other schools, Nicholls State included. But from reading posts on here, it seems as though the Demons haven't been playing up to expectations.

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
That's true. I was thinking about that the other say. Northwestern and SFA may be the only 2 teams in conference with records that were expected 4 games into the season.

SHSU lost to two I-As (Texas and SMU)...

We beat Div II Arkansas-Monticello and heck, even got an unexpected win over Missouri St, which is great considering SHSU's struggles on the road...

So, I guess we're at expected, if not better than expected...

GeauxColonels
October 4th, 2006, 06:41 PM
SHSU lost to two I-As (Texas and SMU)...

We beat Div II Arkansas-Monticello and heck, even got an unexpected win over Missouri St, which is great considering SHSU's struggles on the road...

So, I guess we're at expected, if not better than expected...
I would say better than expected. xsmileyclapx