PDA

View Full Version : #16 UC Davis @ #6 Cal Poly - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

slostang
October 3rd, 2006, 10:13 AM
Huge game in the GWFC. Should be a great game matching the Aggies offense against the Mustangs defense. UC Davis brings in the #4 passing offense (291.2 yards a game) to go against Cal Poly's #1 passing defense (78.6 yards a game). Davis is putting up 30 points and 391.5 yards total offense a game and Cal Poly is only allowing 8.2 points and 185.2 yards a game.

Stang Fever
October 3rd, 2006, 10:15 AM
HUGE GAME CANT WAIT

LacesOut
October 3rd, 2006, 10:17 AM
Another matchup I would love to see. Damn East Coast bias always showing local Right Coast teams on my TV!! LOL

AppGuy04
October 3rd, 2006, 10:34 AM
I'll go with Cal Poly's D in this one.

GoAgs72
October 3rd, 2006, 11:11 AM
Cal Poly has a great defense but a suspect offense. UC Davis has a great run defense and a pretty decent offense. Based upon a more balanced team, I'm going with a low-scoring game that the Aggies win by 17-14. I will be at the game with the whole family (5 of us). Rain forecast this week but should be sunny by Saturday.

Cap'n Cat
October 3rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Davis 33
Poly 27

ucdtim17
October 3rd, 2006, 11:24 AM
CP's offense hasn't impressed at all this year. The defense is good, but so is UCD's. UCD has had CP's number and with Jon Grant leading this team in this game for the third time around, I see more of the same (if he can avoid those INT's that killed us in Youngstown). UCD 21-CP 10

TxSt02
October 3rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
Go Cal Poly!

dbackjon
October 3rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
Poly takes this one in a low scoring game.

SactoHornetFan
October 3rd, 2006, 11:41 AM
Gotta give love to my fellow CSU brethern: CP 17, ucd 14

RabidRabbit
October 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM
:hurray: :hurray: HUGE GAME FOR BOTH TEAMS :hurray: :hurray:

Poly could be in danger of not having the 7 victories against D-I, if lose twice in GWFC, and each team is TOUGH! With OOC games against San Diego St., Montana (and Savannah St. :p ) there is be trouble in them CA hills if UC-D pulls the 'shoe back to Davis.

Davis has constantly shown that not fully schollie loaded team, well coached can do great things. Top offense, very good D, Davis wants another GWFC crown. This is a key element to making that happen.

slostang
October 3rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
CP's offense hasn't impressed at all this year. The defense is good, but so is UCD's. UCD has had CP's number and with Jon Grant leading this team in this game for the third time around, I see more of the same (if he can avoid those INT's that killed us in Youngstown). UCD 21-CP 10
Cal Poly's offense has struggled so far, but they have big weapons in RB James Noble (380 yards for 5.8 yards per carry) and 6'6" WR Ramses Barden (26 rec. for 455 yard, 4 TDs and a 17.5 yards per rec.). WR Tredale Tolver missed the first two games with an injury, but he came on last week against SUU in the fourth quarter with a 38 yard TD. QB Matt Brennan just missed conecting with Tolver on two other long passes. Look for Cal Poly to have a few surprises for the Aggies.

I expected that the Aggies will score some points, but I also expect Cal Poly's defense will force some turnovers. Jon Grant had one of his best games as an Aggie two years ago, but if the Mustangs can put pressure on him they can force him into some bad throws and INTs.

Ralph will be in attendance so look for some great pictures come Monday. I can not wait for this game. It should be a great game.

DavisAggie
October 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Should be a GRAT game. I love playing Poly. My father in-law went there so we always talk 20x more the week of the game than usual. I love Poly’s fans too, class acts. Looking forward to a great game.

P.S. Was reading US News and Report and Cal Poly is a major up incoming college with respect to academics, not that they were bad before. I mean, most of their programs were ranking in the top 20. You guys deserve all the good press, on and off the field.

I love it, two great academic schools going head-to-head.

UC Davis 17
Cal Poly 14

slycat
October 3rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
this is my game of the week. ill have to go with cal poly on this one. great team to watch.

ToreroTime
October 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
This is easily the game of the week. Both teams have a lot of local california talent and it will be fun to see how it plays out. I hope Davis wins just for the sake of the USD game later this season, but Im hoping that Cal Poly gets into the playoffs again.

AggiePride
October 3rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
All I will say is that I think it will be close, all the way down to the wire, and I will be enjoying every minute of it.

GO AGS!

poly51
October 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM
This is easily the game of the week. Both teams have a lot of local california talent and it will be fun to see how it plays out. I hope Davis wins just for the sake of the USD game later this season, but Im hoping that Cal Poly gets into the playoffs again.

You guys should come up to SLO and play Cal Poly. Cal Poly leads the series with USD 1-0 1959 36-14 Cal Poly.

AggieFinn
October 3rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
Loyal to the bone.

Ags by 3. :cool:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ucda/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/320395.jpeg

Jackluv
October 3rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
UCD 21
CP 7

slostang
October 3rd, 2006, 11:17 PM
Cal Poly 31-24.

GrizRchattybound
October 3rd, 2006, 11:24 PM
I'll root for Poly....but I think the Ags take this one.

24-17 ish

How are either teams Kicking game?

that could be the difference.

AggieFinn
October 4th, 2006, 11:17 AM
I'll root for Poly....but I think the Ags take this one.

24-17 ish
How are either teams Kicking game?
that could be the difference.

Emmo's (Aggie kicker) kicking well now, getting his tries made, Gabe Ellis and the punt squad are doing alright, no major kickoff blunders that I can remember?...help me out Ag fans. After reading some Cal Poly quotes, special teams were an issue against Southern Utah, that should be a big focal point in practice this week for the Stangs. I saw how important special teams were after watching the Browns return all over the Raiders on Sunday, ughhh, so many return yards it was embarassing. :cool:

SochorField
October 4th, 2006, 05:22 PM
CAN'T WAIT This is going to be great.

Where's the tv crew?!

GO AGGIES!

slostang
October 5th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Roll call. How many AGS poster will make this game? I am going to be there loud and proud. Ralph is flying in Friday. Anyone else?

WyomingGrizFan
October 5th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Are both teams eligible for the I-AA play-offs?

ucdtim17
October 6th, 2006, 12:16 AM
just CP. UCD next year

slostang
October 6th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Are both teams eligible for the I-AA play-offs?
Cal Poly is, but Davis is in their last year of transition to I-AA and will be eligible in 2007. If Davis was eligible they would be in the hunt for a playoff spot this year and this already big rivalry game would be even bigger.

GoAgs72
October 6th, 2006, 12:18 AM
I will be there with four other family members. Looks like it will be good weather.

WyomingGrizFan
October 6th, 2006, 12:28 AM
This should be a very good game to watch; Jon Grant & Kays contra Ramses Barden. Is Cal Poly's RB James Noble going to play?

I saw UC Davis playing the MSU Bobcats & Grant had four TDs to Kays, a very good receiver indeed! A very effective combo, at least in that game. Too bad both are seniors; it still would be interesting if the Griz had UC Davis on the schedule sometime in the next few years.

That Cal Poly defense might just determine the outcome though, with both White & Shortwell playing. I'd hate to even guess an outcome on this one. May the best team win.

Tod
October 6th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Close game...tie.

OK, I have Cal Poly ranked higher, therefore they will win. :D But just by a score.

slostang
October 6th, 2006, 12:38 AM
This should be a very good game to watch; Jon Grant & Kays contra Ramses Barden. Is Cal Poly's RB James Noble going to play?

I saw UC Davis playing the MSU Bobcats & Grant had four TDs to Kays, a very good receiver indeed! A very effective combo, at least in that game. Too bad both are seniors; it still would be interesting if the Griz had UC Davis on the schedule sometime in the next few years.

That Cal Poly defense might just determine the outcome though, with both White & Shortwell playing. I'd hate to even guess an outcome on this one. May the best team win.
Both Grant and Kays have killed the Mustangs the last two years and I for one will be glad to see them graduate.

James Noble returned to the line up last week and ran for 130 yards.

I think that the Griz have a home and home scheduled with the Aggies in the near future.

Kyle Shotwell is a beast, but his younger brother, Ryan, is a redshirt freshman and is the starting quick side DE and he may be even better than his big brother. He replaced Chris Gocong and is third on the team in tackles and first in sacks. Last week he had 8 tackles, two sacks and 5 QB hurries.

This game as always, will be a battle. I can not wait.

Stang Fever
October 6th, 2006, 12:41 AM
I will be there. Poly by 3

Proud Griz Man
October 6th, 2006, 12:46 AM
James Noble returned to the line up last week and ran for 130 yards.

I think that the Griz have a home and home scheduled with the Aggies in the near future.

3 questions.

Is saturday's 'shoe' game sold out/are tickets available?

UC-Davis' stadium seats how many people?

Noble is back and 100%.

WyomingGrizFan
October 6th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I guess I have to correct myself; meant to say Kyle Shotwell (#17); it's been a year nearly but still hard to forget some of the players that stand out for your defense there Cal Poly; some like (#2) Courtney Brown & (#19) Kenny Chicoine for instance. Don't know too much about UC Davis but I guess Kays only caught three TD passes against MSU while Nolan, Turner & McDonough had one each; that Jon Grant is a good QB. Too bad there isn't a televised version of the game live where one can see it.

Poly Pigskin
October 6th, 2006, 02:36 AM
3 questions.

Is saturday's 'shoe' game sold out/are tickets available?

UC-Davis' stadium seats how many people?

Noble is back and 100%.

All the reserved seats are sold out, and GA tickets depend on how many students show up. They are reserving 1000 more seats for students than last week, and going by the turnout for SUU, I bet every one will be filled. I'll have my ass in one of those student seats as soon as the gates open, I want good seats to see Poly win by 6. :hurray:

SochorField
October 6th, 2006, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=slostang]
I think that the Griz have a home and home scheduled with the Aggies in the near future.[QUOTE]

I heard '08 and '09...but I heard it some time ago.

SochorField
October 6th, 2006, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=Proud Griz Man]3 questions.

UC-Davis' stadium seats how many people?QUOTE]

The game is at Cal Poly. Toomey Field at UC Davis seats ~8,000.

ucdtim17
October 6th, 2006, 03:24 PM
but this is Toomey's last year. The new stadium probably sat 15k when the UCD-UM contract was signed; it now seats 10k :bang:

SochorField
October 6th, 2006, 04:15 PM
but this is Toomey's last year. The new stadium probably sat 15k when the UCD-UM contract was signed; it now seats 10k :bang:

:bang:

OrneryAggie
October 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM

:bang:

AggieFinn
October 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM
only 10k :bang:

AggiePride
October 6th, 2006, 05:12 PM
:doh:

Poly Pigskin
October 6th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Why did they decide to reduce the capacity? It is still expandable to over 20k?

AggieFinn
October 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Why did they decide to reduce the capacity? It is still expandable to over 20k?

I'm guessing because of money...time. As for expandability, as an engineer, I have to say that this stadium can definitely accomodate rennovations for more seats. :cool: