PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's AGS Game of the Week Preview - Sam Houston St. at McNeese State

FootballCEO
October 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHz-YmstW3U

Good evening AGS fans! Here's the AGS game of the week preview for you guys!

Enjoy

Em

McNeese72
October 15th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Lol, the pronunciation of Leger.

Doc

kingkat99
October 16th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Lol, the pronunciation of Leger.

Doc

Normally Id say that's typical but he went to USL. Youd think as a Ragin Cajun he'd know how to say it. lol

McNeese72
October 16th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Normally Id say that's typical but he went to USL. Youd think as a Ragin Cajun he'd know how to say it. lol

That's exactly what I was thinking but just didn't say it. :)

Doc

Sammy94
October 16th, 2013, 11:31 AM
How about Blake Bell?

dewey
October 16th, 2013, 12:12 PM
How about Blake Bell?

I heard that as well. Apparently Blake Bell was so distraught after getting smoke by the longhorns that he transferred to SHSUxlolx

Dewey

McNeese72
October 16th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Still say that Ragin' Cajun logo has no reason to be in a video about FCS football.

Doc

sharkeycox
October 16th, 2013, 09:44 PM
I don't know why we scheduled Sam for homecoming. After the way UNI lit us up, I'll be glad if we stay within 45 of the Kats.

McTailGator
October 17th, 2013, 02:19 PM

The fact that he went to Lafayette city college pretty much makes him a total idiot.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Emory, we'll stop including McNeese in any of these. This is a pure **** way to act when someone's doing work for ya.

"OH NO HE GOT A NAME WRONG, WHAT A JERK THIS GUY IS!!!!"

FootballCEO
October 17th, 2013, 03:53 PM
LOL! Nah its all good! It is what it is.. I just want to see the same outburst when the big wigs at major networks continue to say MagNeeze..It happens *shoots free throw*

BisonFan02
October 17th, 2013, 04:03 PM
LOL! Nah its all good! It is what it is.. I just want to see the same outburst when the big wigs at major networks continue to say MagNeeze..It happens *shoots free throw*

Boom shakalaka! When are you coming to Fargo EM?? :D

McNeese72
October 17th, 2013, 04:22 PM

I do really like your videos, Emory.

Ursus, you have to realize that at one time the USL (now ULL)/McNeese was a more bitter rivalry than the Montana/Montana St. one is today. So, the older McNeese fans have a knee jerk reaction to anything to do with the Ragin Cajuns. And there are some like McTailgator that are very hardcore anti-ULL.

I just don't think the Ragin Cajun logo belongs in a video about FCS teams but that is just my opinion and it is your videos.

Now, as far as Leger, it is derived from the Cajuns and is pronounced "Lay' Jay".

By the way, what years did you play for the Cajuns, Emory.

I graduated from McNeese in 1972 so I saw a lot of the old McNeese/USL games.

Doc

dewey
October 17th, 2013, 04:27 PM
I have nothing but respect for Emory and his videos. The videos are great and he does a great job of researching each school. I also helps that he almost always picks the Bison to win.:D

Dewey

McTailGator
October 17th, 2013, 05:44 PM

Ursus, you have to realize that at one time the USL (now ULL)/McNeese was a more bitter rivalry than the Montana/Montana St. one is today. So, the older McNeese fans have a knee jerk reaction to anything to do with the Ragin Cajuns. And there are some like McTailgator that are very hardcore anti-ULL.

I just don't think the Ragin Cajun logo belongs in a video about FCS teams but that is just my opinion and it is your videos.

Now, as far as Leger, it is derived from the Cajuns and is pronounced "Lay' Jay".

Doc

Hate USL? Not me! LOL

he does a good job dispite the institution that he attended.

i would still like to see that school burn to the ground! (;

Gotta say it...
Go to Hell ULL , Go to hell! Ha, there now I feel better. (:

dystopiamembrane
October 17th, 2013, 06:24 PM
My thought: McNeese State ​38-35 Sam Houston State

FootballCEO
October 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM

Doc

Its all good Cap'n! I had to dig a little deep to research the rivalry and you're right..HUGE game back in the day.. I also didn't realize that you guys were D1-A for a very long time

McNeese72
October 17th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Its all good Cap'n! I had to dig a little deep to research the rivalry and you're right..HUGE game back in the day.. I also didn't realize that you guys were D1-A for a very long time

It was big back then. Playboy Magazine (I just read the articles) did a story of the biggest college football rivalries back then and the McNeese/USL rivalry made the list. I can remember the "Go to Hell, USL, Go to Hell" chants starting up as the fans left the stadium. And this was after the first game of the season and every game after that and the game with USL wasn't played until the last game of the year.

We had some very decent teams back in the late 70's and early 80's while I-A. We played in the Indy Bowl in 76, 79, & 80. That was the days of Buford Jordan, Stephan Starring, Leonard Smith, and a bunch of other good players whose names I can't remember back then.

So, if you catch a little flack from the older McNeese fans that is a little of the residual effect of the old rivalry, nothing personal. When the conference as a whole dropped down to I-AA somewhere about 1983, USL elected to stay I-A and played as a I-A Independent for awhile.

Keep doing the videos, Emory. Just ditch that logo. ;)

Doc

Nickels
October 17th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Emory, we'll stop including McNeese in any of these. This is a pure **** way to act when someone's doing work for ya.

What do expect from McSleez fans? I would perma-ban everyone of those coonasses if I were you Ursus.

Let's be real here, the reason bitterness exist is because Emory picked the Kats. Huge butt-hurt fan base.

McNeese72
October 17th, 2013, 08:35 PM
What do expect from McSleez fans? I would perma-ban everyone of those coonasses if I were you Ursus.

Let's be real here, the reason bitterness exist is because Emory picked the Kats. Huge butt-hurt fan base.

You don't have a clue at what was the depth of the old rivalry between USL and McNeese. Your little thing with SFA "ain't" even close. And it doesn't have anything to do with his pick. Hell, right now if I was putting money down on the game straight up, I'd be picking Sam Houston.

We are old McNeese fans. It is in our blood to give Ragin' Cajuns a hard time. Emory is just too young to know the reason why he is catching flack. ;)

But I do like Emory and his videos.

Doc

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2013, 08:46 PM

Doc

I had a longer reply to this but then I thought when the guy that calls Emory an idiot for mispronouncing a name turns around mispells "despite" that's good enough for me.

That's just good comedy....you know like...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F8SgagbcH6g/TnMyanVVVvI/AAAAAAAAARo/fwjLi1tA9_M/s1600/morans2.jpg

McNeese75
October 17th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I had a longer reply to this but then I thought when the guy that calls Emory an idiot for mispronouncing a name turns around mispells "despite" that's good enough for me.

That's just good comedy....you know like...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F8SgagbcH6g/TnMyanVVVvI/AAAAAAAAARo/fwjLi1tA9_M/s1600/morans2.jpg

xeyebrowx I believe the point was Emory spent time in SW Louisiana at ULL and therefore it is strange that he would not know or remember the correct pronunciation of Leger.

Good job on the videos Emory.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2013, 09:43 PM
xeyebrowx I believe the point was Emory spent time in SW Louisiana at ULL and therefore it is strange that he would not know or remember the correct pronunciation of Leger.

Good job on the videos Emory.
Oh the point was crystal clear 75.

BisonFan02
October 17th, 2013, 10:00 PM
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_15/south-park-1511-broadway-bro-down-clip11.jpg

Squealofthepig
October 17th, 2013, 10:50 PM

At least it's not as bad here as the Georgia Tech announcers tweets on BYU's roster last week?

I agree with your point though - correct, and move on. I mean I mispronounced "Buena Vista" Colorado when I went there to tackle a few fourteeners, but the locals were polite in explaining the pronunciation and not dicks about it. (For those wondering, it's "BOO-nah Vis-tah").