PDA

View Full Version : Interesting rumor about who will follow Coach Ford at Albany

BlueHenSinfonian
October 13th, 2013, 07:11 PM
According to rumors some of the guys at GoHens.net have heard, apparently KC Keeler is being seriously looked at to be the next coach at Albany.

danefan
October 13th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't object. He would definitely be on my interview list as would about 4 or 5 other guys.

State Line Liquors
October 13th, 2013, 08:18 PM
If it's true, I wish him good luck. His time at UD had run out, and by the end I felt we needed a change. But he's still a Blue Hen and I hope he finds a good home.

A nice round of applause went up for Bob Ford at the Tub on Saturday. It was nice that he was recognized. Not really sure Keeler wants to step in immediately after another long tenured coach like he did at UD. Not easy to replace people like that.

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2013, 08:29 PM
18428....IS ALBANY...WORKIN' WHIFF UH FULL...SET O' SKOLLIES?....IFIN' NOT...CAIN'T SEE K.C's....EGO TAKIN' UH JOB...WHIFF DAT...DISADVANTAGE...xsmhx....AWK!

rokamortis
October 13th, 2013, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't object. He would definitely be on my interview list as would about 4 or 5 other guys.

Who are the others?

UAalum72
October 13th, 2013, 09:32 PM
18428....IS ALBANY...WORKIN' WHIFF UH FULL...SET O' SKOLLIES?....IFIN' NOT...CAIN'T SEE K.C's....EGO TAKIN' UH JOB...WHIFF DAT...DISADVANTAGE...xsmhx....AWK!We have 54 this year (though a lot of the newest recruits are redshirting) and expect to be over 60 by next year.

clenz
October 13th, 2013, 09:38 PM
We have 54 this year (though a lot of the newest recruits are redshirting) and expect to be over 60 by next year.I also believe the average number of scholarships given out (including only those who offer the full 63) is about 59-60......

So UA wouldn't be far behind average in that regard.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2013, 08:15 AM
18430......K.C....LIKES TA HOLD BACK..UH FEW....X-FERS...YA KNOW.......BRAWK!

superman7515
October 14th, 2013, 08:18 AM
If we keep playing like we did Saturday, KC and Great Dane Band will win more than they lose against the Hens.

Tribe93
October 14th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I can't remember a Yankee/A10/CAA head coach leaving one program then coaching another in the same capacity.

Mr. C
October 14th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I can't remember a Yankee/A10/CAA head coach leaving one program then coaching another in the same capacity.
Donnie Brown created quite a stir when he signed a new deal with Northeastern and then bolted soon after for UMass. There was some bad blood over that one, including the A-10 commissioner suspending Brown from some games.

superman7515
October 14th, 2013, 10:51 AM

We can start a MEAC retread program. They just fire the coach from one school, move him to a coordinator at a second, then hire him as the head coach at a third, on and on until they get too old and they move one up from the AAA clubs in the SIAC/CIAA minor leagues.

pike51
October 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I heard Lane Kiffin was in town this morning. xrotatehx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2013, 11:06 AM
This doesn't make sense from the Albany side. They'll take a youngster from the vast Bob Ford head coaching tree who will continue to run the program in a similar fashion.

henfan
October 14th, 2013, 11:44 AM

Though he didn't go directly from being HC at one school to another, Jim Reid went from UMass to Richmond.

Dane96
October 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM
This doesn't make sense from the Albany side. They'll take a youngster from the vast Bob Ford head coaching tree who will continue to run the program in a similar fashion.

Which youngster would that be? Christ and McCarthy have failed their auditions...MISERABLY.

Not too many young guys out there from the Fordie tree...but some middle-aged candidates do exist.

Keeler would bring pros/cons. I am not a huge fan...but it wouldn't be a horrible choice.

danefan
October 14th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Which youngster would that be? Christ and McCarthy have failed their auditions...MISERABLY.

Not too many young guys out there from the Fordie tree...but some middle-aged candidates do exist.

Keeler would bring pros/cons. I am not a huge fan...but it wouldn't be a horrible choice.

A couple younger Bob Ford guys with solid assistant coach credentials to consider:

1. Billy Crocker - Villanova Defensive Coordinator
2. Jeff Haffley - Tampa Bay Bucs DB coach

That is a completely different move than KC Keeler.

Why not take the best of both worlds? - strong established college HC that has been successful when given the chance when he was a "young unknown"?