PDA

View Full Version : Almost AGS Top 25 Chalk

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Towson (ranked) lost to (lower-ranked) Villanova. UNI (ranked) lost to (lower-ranked) SIU. Other than that, the entire Top 25 won. When was the last time that happened?

taper
October 13th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I think that means this site puts together a pretty good poll.

Twentysix
October 13th, 2013, 02:47 PM

And that minor upsets happen.

crusader11
October 13th, 2013, 06:44 PM

Yes.

I have often wondered whether the AGS poll, which is routinely better than the Coaches and TSN, will ever become more than just a "fan poll."

I know my answer. It never will, but this is always the best Top 25 out there every week.

Squealofthepig
October 13th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Heh, I said the same thing in Supe's 25 recap thread.

As far as how accurate our polls are - I think most of us work pretty hard to challenge any biases we have and really try to see how teams stack up; none of us have any real motives anyway, since there are no outside factors at play (e.g., SIDs voting in the coaches' polls can help overall conference perception with their votes, though I still explain most votes in the coaches' poll as applied stupidity). So, yeah, I think we generally do a good job as a group; and even when some of us do poorly, we can generally have an interesting discussion about it.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Heh, I said the same thing in Supe's 25 recap thread.

As far as how accurate our polls are - I think most of us work pretty hard to challenge any biases we have and really try to see how teams stack up; none of us have any real motives anyway, since there are no outside factors at play (e.g., SIDs voting in the coaches' polls can help overall conference perception with their votes, though I still explain most votes in the coaches' poll as applied stupidity). So, yeah, I think we generally do a good job as a group; and even when some of us do poorly, we can generally have an interesting discussion about it.

That right there is the entire key to me. When you talk to others and go over the points of certain teams W/L records and so forth you are able to expand your own understanding of each team exponentially instead of just the portion you get to measure up on your own via the eye.