PDA

View Full Version : Richmond vs. New Hampshire

GSUSpider
October 1st, 2006, 05:53 PM
This is a HUGE game in the A10 this week. This game will feature one of IAA's top offenses vs. one of IAA top defenses. Any thoughts?

Tribe4SF
October 1st, 2006, 06:03 PM
Richmond will have to find a new offensive gear to win. I don't see UNH scoring 50, and if their defense plays like last week, Spiders have a shot.

Hansel
October 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM
Hampy by 10

RadMann
October 1st, 2006, 06:33 PM
You never know in the A10 but Richmond had difficulty with Northeastern this past week. I would say UNH by 7.

UNHFan99
October 1st, 2006, 06:58 PM
I am really looking forward to this game. It should be a tough test for the guys and I think UNH will be more focused on defense and the offense will continue working like a well oiled machine. This is the A-10 though and anything can happen. I think the wake up call against Delaware will refocus this team. Richmond is a great team and this is a classic A-10 clash.

rcny46
October 1st, 2006, 07:13 PM
This is a HUGE game in the A10 this week. This game will feature one of IAA's top offenses vs. one of IAA top defenses. Any thoughts?

If I were involved with the UNH program,I'd feel more comfortable playing you guys in Durham,then UD in Newark,and I would've said the same thing before last night's game.

UNHFootballAlum
October 1st, 2006, 07:32 PM
RCNY

I agree with your comments. Defense is about emotion and playing at home gives you that extra emotional lift. Playing Richmond at home will be a differnt experience than playing in a very hostile environment in Delaware

Sam Adams
October 1st, 2006, 08:00 PM
Cats will win big.

UNHknowledge
October 1st, 2006, 08:05 PM
I WILL be at this game. I'm pumped and can't wait. I'm excited for a chance to see Ball break the record but I honestly wish he broke it earlier like against Stony Brook so the program wouldn't have the distraction looming over such a big conference test against Richmond.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 1st, 2006, 09:43 PM
I was very surprised the see Richmond only score 12 against NE on Saturday. I would expect New Hampshire to be the heavy favorite on Saturday.

bluehenbillk
October 2nd, 2006, 07:18 AM
Interesting game. UNH is gonna get beat this year by a team that plays great defense, which Richmond has. But you have to score 30+ probably to do it & it sounds like Richmond still has some growing pains on offense.

ChickenMan
October 2nd, 2006, 07:51 AM
Richmond has a pretty good defense... so they may be able to hold UNH well under their current average of 51 points per game... but to win the game I would think Richmond would need 35 or more points and I don't think the Spider's offense is prolific enough to score that many vs UNH.

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2006, 11:18 AM
This should be the premier game out east this weekend. Both UNH and Richmond are undefeated coming in. Both have beat a BCS team.

For UNH to win, they need the passing game to be clicking. And the defense to play like the 2nd half of NW game.

Richmond probably is the best match to the 'Cats. For the Spiders' web to snare the 'Cats, and suck a victory out, the defense needs to smother the pass game, and stuff the run. Then, like Poly out west, their offense will find a way to get the few points on the board to win.

Low score, Richmond wins.

High score, UNH wins.

UNH_ORACLE
October 2nd, 2006, 12:02 PM
This should be the premier game out east this weekend. Both UNH and Richmond are undefeated coming in. Both have beat a BCS team.

For UNH to win, they need the passing game to be clicking. And the defense to play like the 2nd half of NW game.

Richmond probably is the best match to the 'Cats. For the Spiders' web to snare the 'Cats, and suck a victory out, the defense needs to smother the pass game, and stuff the run. Then, like Poly out west, their offense will find a way to get the few points on the board to win.

Low score, Richmond wins.

High score, UNH wins.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

DTSpider
October 2nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
What I think are the interesting matchups...

UR's pass rush - Richmond can't stop Santos if he has time to throw. UR will need early pressure on Santos to get him out of rythm.

UNH's run defense - Hightower can take over a game if you let him, but if UNH can force Richmond into long yardage the passing game for UR isn't good enough to get it done.

UNH's kick protection - UR has gotten a lot of hands on kicks this year which could swing momentum.

I think that UNH wins this at home. I'm thinking that it's like a 31-20 game. Hopefully Richmond will bounce back and play well this week. Looking forward to seeing how the Spider defense matches up with a seemingly unstoppable offense.

dbackjon
October 2nd, 2006, 12:41 PM
New Hampshire wins at home - Richmond's D, while good, will not keep UNH off the board enough.

ChickenMan
October 2nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
UR's pass rush - Richmond can't stop Santos if he has time to throw. UR will need early pressure on Santos to get him out of rythm.

Pressure won't be enough... UD got good pressure... but Santos makes big plays under pressure all the time. It will help if UR can do something that UD couldn't... tackle well.

JMUfan2008
October 2nd, 2006, 02:25 PM
I think after a comparatively narrow win over NE, Richmond will be out to prove something with their offense. I think at home though, UNH wins it by about 17. Plus I hope UNH wins because if they lose to Richmond, it's gonna make it muuuuuch harder for JMU to go and play a pissed off UNH team the next week (though it's gonna be hard either way).

Granite
October 2nd, 2006, 02:39 PM
Pressure won't be enough... UD got good pressure... but Santos makes big plays under pressure all the time. It will help if UR can do something that UD couldn't... tackle well.

Tackle - and force turnovers. If Delaware could have taken away a UNH offensive opportunity or two, the Hens win. I expect the UNH defense to play better against Richmond on Saturday, but if they don't, then it will be up to the offense to play flawlessly again. Our D isn't going to pitch a shutout, and UNI showed us last December that when UNH makes offensive mistakes, they lose.

I expect another tough game on Saturday, and I've been saying since about week 2 that I am really looking forward to seeing this game. But I had a lot more anxiety about UNH going into the Tub and playing UD than I do about playing Richmond at home. No disrespect to the Spiders, because I really think that Richmond is a very, very good team. But playing on the road, especially at Delaware, is just a really tough assignment, and I think that the win makes UNH a better team in the long run.

That said, the UR-UNH game is going to be another must-see this weekend, and I'm happy to be able to see it in person.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 2nd, 2006, 03:18 PM
Right on Granite, this game is a must see.

Sadly, I don't think a large number of football fans will turn out.
There is no reason this game shouldn't draw 10,000.

I'll bet we will be hard pressed to get over 7,500

UNHFan99
October 2nd, 2006, 03:34 PM
They are adding 1,000 more seats to the stadium tommorrow. I think they are expecting quite a crowd, and I will be one of the wildcat faithful present. Weather will probably be the biggest factor in the size of the crowd as it is New Hampshire and alot of the fans are literally fair weather fans. If it is 65 degrees and sunny it should be packed.

Granite
October 2nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
They are adding 1,000 more seats to the stadium tommorrow. I think they are expecting quite a crowd, and I will be one of the wildcat faithful present. Weather will probably be the biggest factor in the size of the crowd as it is New Hampshire and alot of the fans are literally fair weather fans. If it is 65 degrees and sunny it should be packed.

99 - where are they adding these? Behind the endzone closest to Bremner and Boulder Fields? They only had bleachers set up in the endzone closest to Brackett Field (old baseball stadium) for the Stony Brook game, so I'm assuming they would add seats to the other endzone like they did for the playoffs last year.

HiHiYikas
October 2nd, 2006, 05:47 PM
#1 vs. #7 - what a game! My first thought is, why can't this be in Richmond, so I can drive across town for the game. I would LOVE to see UNH in action this year, and I'm looking forward to seeing UR on the field as well. I'm thinking the only Saturday I'll be free to go to UR stadium will be the Towson game.

This ought to be a fantastic matchup, after tough tests and narrow conference wins for both teams last weekend.

I have a feeling one of those top 4 or 5 teams is going to slip up sooner or later. There's a chance it's UNH, and there's a chance it's against UR, but I'm not calling it a good chance.

I'd guestimate a 2-touchdown edge for the Wildcats.

UNHFan99
October 2nd, 2006, 06:09 PM
They are adding them where the smaller bleachers were for Stoney Brook. They will be very similar or exactly the same as the away bleachers are, but placed behind the endzone near the baseball field.

GSUSpider
October 2nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
Wow! I read 2 message boards and not one single person has picked Richmond to win! Most seem to think that the game is going to very lopsided. Maybe I should call them and tell them to save their money and start planning for Rhody. I'm a homer and I love great defenses so I'm going to pick Richmond in a close one. This IS going to be a great game!

UNH SUPERFAN
October 2nd, 2006, 07:31 PM
What I think are the interesting matchups...

UNH's run defense - Hightower can take over a game if you let him, but if UNH can force Richmond into long yardage the passing game for UR isn't good enough to get it done.

UNH's kick protection - UR has gotten a lot of hands on kicks this year which could swing momentum.

I think that UNH wins this at home. I'm thinking that it's like a 31-20 game. Hopefully Richmond will bounce back and play well this week. Looking forward to seeing how the Spider defense matches up with a seemingly unstoppable offense.
DT, DID YOU SEE THE RICHMOND - NORTHEASTERN GAME OR KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO RESULT IN SUCH A LOW SCORING, CLOSE GAME? I WAS VERY SUPRISED WHEN I HEARD THE SCORE ALTHOUGH, AS MOST OF US KNOW IN THIS CONFERENCE, NOTHING IS A GREAT SUPRISE! MAYBE NORTHEASTERN HAS FOUND IT'S RYTHEM.

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2006, 07:42 PM
UNH 35, Richmond 20.:twocents:

MR. CHICKEN
October 2nd, 2006, 08:01 PM
LADS.....MAH SLANT:..........SANTOS & PALS.....ARE UNBELIEVABLE........RICKY IS UH MAGICIAN...........IMPROVISIN' OFF BROKEN PLAYS......HE'S...DUH BOMB...............WILDCAT D...IS AS POROUS......AS UH PASTA STRAINER......#8 KICK RETURNER...(COREY GRAHAM)....CHARRED DUH CHICKENS....FO' 6....AN' POSSIBLY DUH DIFF.......IN DUH SHOOT-OUT.............RICHMOND.....WAS FLAT...AGIN'....NORFF-EASTERN.........AS DEY WERE LOOKIN' PAST DUH HUSKIES...........AN' KINDA...SAVIN' IT UP.........FO' DUH 'CATS...........SUPERAH D...vs...SUPERAH O..........DID NEW HAMPSHIRE...LEAVE IT ALL ON TUBBY FIELD...WHIFF OUT UH WEEK TA RECOOP?.......SORRY SPIDERAHS......BUT UNLESS...YA'LL CONTROL DUH NEW HAMPSHIRE IMPROV...........AH'M LEANIN' TOWARDS DUH 'CATS......IN DURHAM.......:nod:......AWK!

PS.......TAKE SOME SHOTS O' DUH FOLIAGE...IFIN' IT AIN'T TOO EARLY......&.....PICK-UP.....UH MASON JAR...O' MAPLE SYRUP........SO DUH TRIP.....WON'T BE UH TOTAL.....: smh :.......BRAWK!

DTSpider
October 2nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
DT, DID YOU SEE THE RICHMOND - NORTHEASTERN GAME OR KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO RESULT IN SUCH A LOW SCORING, CLOSE GAME? I WAS VERY SUPRISED WHEN I HEARD THE SCORE ALTHOUGH, AS MOST OF US KNOW IN THIS CONFERENCE, NOTHING IS A GREAT SUPRISE! MAYBE NORTHEASTERN HAS FOUND IT'S RYTHEM.

Of course I was there...

UR jumped out early to go up 12-0 in the first quarter. There was a pretty good wind so both teams looked to keep it on the ground or just short passes. NU couldn't move it that well (except for passes to the huge TE in the first half) so Clawson just let Hightower run it (hence the 37 carries). Hightower moved the ball well but lots of stupid penalties & a couple of drops kept UR out of the end zone. Up 12-0 with the solid defense it was just a kill the clock mode. NU's only real offense in the 2nd half was the HB pass (executed perfectly) for 80 yards after UR missed a field goal.

UR looked really flat on offense. I'm definitely very worried about whether the passing game can get going against UNH if we fall behind.

We'll see. I don't think that UR can keep up with UNH, but turnovers & special teams could make the difference. If I had to bet I'd go UNH 31-20. I'm awful at predicting games, so hopefully I just put the jinx on Santos & Ball.

DTSpider
October 2nd, 2006, 09:23 PM
UR's press release for the game...

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/rich/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf

matfu
October 2nd, 2006, 09:44 PM
will the game be on the cn 8 computer tv or whatever like the new hampshire-delaware game

PantherRob82
October 2nd, 2006, 09:54 PM
UNH wins here. no suprises. Richmond looks good in the loss though.

blur2005
October 2nd, 2006, 09:59 PM
Though it's like a broken record, I say UNH wins comfortably.

I'm going to say 27-10 UNH.

ChickenMan
October 3rd, 2006, 06:41 AM
will the game be on the cn 8 computer tv or whatever like the new hampshire-delaware game

yes... UR @ UNH... 12pm... Comcast's cable channel CN8... also available via computer video streaming

UNH 40
October 3rd, 2006, 07:20 AM
This is going to be a great football game. Monday through Friday this week is a waste of time, give me Saturday and this game. I believe that there is going to be a huge crowd (For Cowell Stadium at least) on hand to see this one. It is going to be an absolute dog fight for 60 minutes. in the end I think The UNH offense will rise to the occasion and win by a TD. 24-17 UNH.

wildcat_fan
October 3rd, 2006, 08:02 AM
Right on Granite, this game is a must see.

While I will not be there in body, I will be there in spirit!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 3rd, 2006, 09:24 AM

They had 7.5K for Stony Brook! Why wouldn't they match or better that for a conference game with the projected leader of the South Division? :confused:

Do you realize that 10K means 3.5K standing? Maybe the team's success and Ball's opportunity to break the record will result in that many folks standing, but I really think there is a ceiling on how many people are willing to stand outside that fence and watch from ground level especially anybody who has access to Comcast Cable.

Now if UNH added some REAL bleachers in the end zones rather than those low things they put in last year and added some additional bleachers at either end of the away side bleachers, then we'd be talking about drawing significantly more people.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 3rd, 2006, 09:53 AM
They are bringing in larger bleachers for the endzone away from the score board.

The word is 1000 seats.

The thing is they aren't pushing that fact to the public.

Many people hear the game is "sold out" when only the reserved seating is sold out.

The game is on TV also.

But the weather is supposed to be good so lets hope for a good turn out.

It just doesn't seem like the people in the area realize what level of football is being played in Durham right now.

LacesOut
October 3rd, 2006, 09:55 AM
yes... UR @ UNH... 12pm... Comcast's cable channel CN8...

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Would rather watch this matchup than the normal crappy Big Ten games we get here in DE at the Noon hour.

wildcat_fan
October 3rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
They are bringing in larger bleachers for the endzone away from the score board.

The word is 1000 seats.

Many people hear the game is "sold out" when only the reserved seating is sold out.

The game is on TV also.

It just doesn't seem like the people in the area realize what level of football is being played in Durham right now.

The real question is does the UNH administration realize what level of football is being played in Durham right now and probably will be for some time to come as a result of recruiting during the Santos-Ball era? Cowell Stadium is a disgrace and should have been torn down years ago, but it seems that the State Legislature and the pointy-headed intellectuals that run the school overlook UNH Football. The hockey team got The Whittemore Center, so when is it going to be time to give the football team their due?

UNHWILDCATS05
October 3rd, 2006, 10:41 AM
The real question is does the UNH administration realize what level of football is being played in Durham right now and probably will be for some time to come as a result of recruiting during the Santos-Ball era? Cowell Stadium is a disgrace and should have been torn down years ago, but it seems that the State Legislature and the pointy-headed intellectuals that run the school overlook UNH Football. The hockey team got The Whittemore Center, so when is it going to be time to give the football team their due?

The word on the street (from newspaper articles and from others) is to expect a big announcement in the fall...

If UNH is gonna do anything, now is the time to do it. Back in the summer, there was an article in which Marty said that if you look at the process of getting a new stadium as a touchdown drive, then they are past midfield... So.. hopefully we hear something woon.

Spider
October 3rd, 2006, 01:25 PM
This will be a tough test containing UNH but hopefully we will be up to the task. Defense must make the big plays and force turnovers. Offense must control the ball and keep the UNH "O" off the field. I didn't see much "D" on either side watching the UD game last week, but this one should not be a 'track meet'.

GreatAppSt
October 3rd, 2006, 01:53 PM
Spiders 31
UNH 24

UNHWildCats
October 3rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Spiders 31
UNH 24

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
October 3rd, 2006, 01:59 PM
This will be a tough test containing UNH but hopefully we will be up to the task. Defense must make the big plays and force turnovers. Offense must control the ball and keep the UNH "O" off the field. I didn't see much "D" on either side watching the UD game last week, but this one should not be a 'track meet'.

Most teams keep the UNH offense off the field, cause they only need 2 mins average toi score each time. UNH has hardley won the TOP in games the past 2 + seasons.

Black and Gold Express
October 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
UNH has one quality win this year over a bottom-feeding I-A. Their next best opponent they managed to almost lose last week in a decimated and down Delaware team. I think it's very fair right now to question what UNH is all about, and if they are a legitimate #1 team.

A blowout win for UNH this weekend would be the kind of statement they need to quiet some questions, mine included. And I do think they are legitimate questions when you are talking about them being the top team in I-AA.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 3rd, 2006, 02:12 PM
Richmond's D will have to force a couple of turnovers to win this game.
If UNH takes care of the football they should be able to score enough points to win.

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2006, 02:27 PM

: smh : that's a good way to piss off the football Gods.

HensRock
October 3rd, 2006, 02:35 PM
Spiders 31
UNH 24

GAS,
I saw you at the UD/UNH game but you were leaving and I could not get your attention. Your prediction above tells me that you feel UNH was exposed Saturday night. I tend to agree. But I'm not sure if Richmond has the offense to beat UNH. One team that is strong in both O and D is UMass and I think that is where UNH falls.

(Just a little better than that Holy Cross game last year, huh?)

GSUSpider
October 3rd, 2006, 07:00 PM
wow! Richmond struggles in one game and now they have no "o"? Interesting.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 3rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
wow! Richmond struggles in one game and now they have no "o"? Interesting.

wow! UNH struggles in one game and now they have no "D"?
Equally interesting

GreatAppSt
October 3rd, 2006, 07:58 PM

I was at the UD game as an observer and let's just say UNH better find it's D soon or opponents will hang 30+ on them every game. And against better defenses like Richmond and UMass I honestly don't believe UNH will consistantly score more than 30+ as they have been. In my book that will = losses and that ='s (paper tiger):twocents:

GreatAppSt
October 3rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
GAS,
I saw you at the UD/UNH game but you were leaving and I could not get your attention. Your prediction above tells me that you feel UNH was exposed Saturday night. I tend to agree. But I'm not sure if Richmond has the offense to beat UNH. One team that is strong in both O and D is UMass and I think that is where UNH falls.

(Just a little better than that Holy Cross game last year, huh?)

UNH's D seemed gassed by the middle of the third qtr. Thats why I feel if a team can stop a few lets say half of UNH's scoring drives and keep their D on the field, it won't take much of an O to rack up big #'s in the fourth qtr on them. I calls 'em like I see's 'em.:twocents:

PS yes better'n Holy X

Granite
October 3rd, 2006, 08:57 PM

The word is 1000 seats.

The game is on TV also.

Walked through Cowell Stadium this evening on my home from work - they are almost finished putting in the new bleachers behind the endzone. I couldn't get a full count, but it looked like about 15 rows across the width of the field behind the endzone closest to the old baseball field. It looks pretty good - much better than the temporary bleachers they've used in the past. They are doing what they can to improve Cowls, but it is still the proverbial lipstick on a pig.

I've heard good things on the progress toward stadium renovation (and other athletics facilities improvements), so we'll see.

UNHWildCats
October 3rd, 2006, 09:08 PM
Walked through Cowell Stadium this evening on my home from work - they are almost finished putting in the new bleachers behind the endzone. I couldn't get a full count, but it looked like about 15 rows across the width of the field behind the endzone closest to the old baseball field. It looks pretty good - much better than the temporary bleachers they've used in the past. They are doing what they can to improve Cowls, but it is still the proverbial lipstick on a pig.

I've heard good things on the progress toward stadium renovation (and other athletics facilities improvements), so we'll see.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: BAD UNH We need a brand spanking new stadium named Bill Bowes field not some cheap renovations of this bad bad place. :nod: :nod: :nod:

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 3rd, 2006, 09:43 PM
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: BAD UNH We need a brand spanking new stadium named Bill Bowes field not some cheap renovations of this bad bad place. :nod: :nod: :nod:

I don't think a $30+ million enhancement will be "cheap renovations".

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 3rd, 2006, 09:45 PM

And let's hope that the students fill that new set of bleachers on the next two Saturdays!!!

Any reason why they didn't do the same at the other end?

Granite
October 3rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
And let's hope that the students fill that new set of bleachers on the next two Saturdays!!!

Any reason why they didn't do the same at the other end?

Not sure - I haven't heard of plans to expand to the other endzone. There is usually a pretty big contingent of folks who watch the game from the hill behind the scoreboard near Bremner Field, so maybe they want to keep that option available (although those aren't paid admissions, so I'm not sure that's the reason).

matfu
October 3rd, 2006, 11:42 PM
yes... UR @ UNH... 12pm... Comcast's cable channel CN8... also available via computer video streaming

thanks

UNHWILDCATS05
October 4th, 2006, 06:48 AM
I don't think a $30+ million enhancement will be "cheap renovations".

I think the Whitt cost about $30 mill, so you can only imagine what they could do for a new football stadium..

UNH 40
October 4th, 2006, 07:18 AM
I was at the UD game as an observer and let's just say UNH better find it's D soon or opponents will hang 30+ on them every game. And against better defenses like Richmond and UMass I honestly don't believe UNH will consistantly score more than 30+ as they have been. In my book that will = losses and that ='s (paper tiger):twocents:

The UD game was typical of what can happen when two teams are on offensively and get into a shootout. The Defense can get caught up in those types of games and things start to snowball, and suddenly the defense can't stop anything. As for the UNH O not being able to put up 30 on defenses like Richmond and Umass consistantly comment, I offer you this. In the last 2 seasons UNH has played two teams that at the time were the top Defensive units in the country, and put up more than 30. Last season it was UMass where UNH put up 34 against the #1 D in the country, and the year before UNH put up 50 on Villanova who at that point was ranked as the #1 D in the country. In both of those contests Santos has thrown for more than 350 and 4 TD's and Ball has recieved for more than 199 and 3 TD's in each game. This offense will score its points. I look for the UNH D to play much better than it did at UD.

bandl
October 4th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Am I the only one not sold on Richmond yet?? They haven't had any difficult games yet this year (don't even try to say that Duke was a challenge because they are I-A...we all know they should be D-III). They beat VMI and Bucknell and struggled mightily against lowly Northeastern (who another A-10 team beat the living poo out of recently). I know they have an up and coming defense that hasn't had a chance to really show what they are potentially made of...and they no longer have Tutt at QB...so why all the fuss? At least at this point? :confused:

ChickenMan
October 4th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Am I the only one not sold on Richmond yet??

I think that the jury is still out on a lot of teams after only four or five games. Many of those early games were vs non-conference opponents who tended to be either I-As or weaker I-AAs and DIIs. A few more weeks of conference play should give us a better idea of where everyone stands.

DTSpider
October 4th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Am I the only one not sold on Richmond yet??

Nope, pretty much every fan in the A10 seems to think that UR was a fluke last year and won purely on the feet of Stacy Tutt.

We're used to it around here, so there's no problem being the underdog every week.

UNHFan99
October 4th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Trust me DTSpider UNH knows what it is like to not have the general public buy into what your program is accomplishing. We are on our third year of working to be a top program and still have some doubters. What Richmond is accomplishing is very impressive and I am really looking forward to this weekends game. This is a statement game for both teams and I think whatever team wants it more will come out of this game with the W. The new stands look good and so does the weather for this weekend. Hopefully it will be as good a game as the last time the Spiders came to Durham four years ago.

DTSpider
October 4th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Trust me DTSpider UNH knows what it is like to not have the general public buy into what your program is accomplishing. We are on our third year of working to be a top program and still have some doubters. What Richmond is accomplishing is very impressive and I am really looking forward to this weekends game. This is a statement game for both teams and I think whatever team wants it more will come out of this game with the W. The new stands look good and so does the weather for this weekend. Hopefully it will be as good a game as the last time the Spiders came to Durham four years ago.

I know the programs have a lot of similarities which makes it great. I'm hoping that it's a little more like 3 years ago than 4 (overtime losses are the worst). Should be a great game, and I'm thrilled its on tv.

Hopefully both teams will play well & stay healthy.

Granite
October 4th, 2006, 04:49 PM

Good post, 99 - I agree all around. Besides the UMass game, this is probaby the game I've most looked forward to this season. Should be a fun one at Cowls this weekend.

On another note, its nice to see that UNH football has become a tougher ticket than UNH hockey! I know a number of folks on campus today have been scrambling to find tickets to the game this weekend. Lots of good buzz on campus for our matchup with UR this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing the Spiders in Durham on Saturday, and I think it will be another classic A-10 matchup.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 09:48 AM
If UNH defense stepped up huge in A10 action this week against Richmond, I think it would definitely make an impression across the nation...

===========
UNH defense has something to prove

By Mike Zhe
[email protected]

DURHAM -- Cool temperatures are forecast for the University of New Hampshire football team's game against Richmond this afternoon, but there's one unit that finds itself on a hot seat.

Maybe not hot. But definitely getting warmer.

The top-ranked Wildcats (4-0, 1-0 Atlantic 10) are looking to prove that last week's defensive stumble in a 52-49 win at Delaware was an exception, not the rule, against a No. 7 Richmond team that also begins the day unbeaten.

After allowing just four touchdowns in their first three games, the Wildcats' first team got burned for seven by the Blue Hens. Quarterback Ricky Santos and the offense saved their bacon, but the defense knows that's not a formula for success.

"It's always dangerous to think like that," free safety Jeff Pammer said. "It's great that our offense is a high-scoring offense, but they're going to have their games where they don't score that many points and it's going to be on the defense."

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/10072006/sports-unhrichmond107.html

Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Richmond will win... in a tight one :nod:

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Richmond will win... in a tight one :nod:

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: xidiotx

xcoffeex

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2006, 10:53 AM
A Richmond win would be a big deal. UNH would be unstoppable if their D would step up. Last weeks game brought them down a notch from "untouchable" in my book. Until Delaware kept it close I thought they were the Ohio State of I-AA.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Richmond Broadcast Link:

http://media.yahoo.com/broadband/m/go/col/player?key=/raf/fb/nal100706raf

It's a free broadcast on Yahoo...good luck Spiders and Wildcats...

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:04 AM
A Richmond win would be a big deal. UNH would be unstoppable if their D would step up. Last weeks game brought them down a notch from "untouchable" in my book. Until Delaware kept it close I thought they were the Ohio State of I-AA.

Are you suggesting that Ohio State is the all mighty, above all else, untouchable team in I-A? IF so, maybe you should watch some of their games.

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:05 AM
http://www.cn8.tv for live video feed, yahoo also has the UNH radio broadcast

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM
UNH to receive.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM
New Hampshire will recieve...

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Kackert returns kick to the 33 lrets GO NEW HAMPSHIRE

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 11:08 AM
That's the way to work the reverse...

Huge pickup into UR territory...

This Kakert guy is for real...

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:11 AM
brown drops a TD in the endzne

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Manning hits a 35 yd fg 3-0 first time UNH was in red zone this season and faiuled to get a TD

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Manning hits a 35 yd fg 3-0 first time UNH was in red zone this season and faiuled to get a TD

That's incredible. 21 out of 22...very impressive UNH! Atleast you've scored each time you've been in the red zone, which is impressive in itself, but wow...21 out of 22 being TDs..

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:19 AM
short of 1st down 4th 1.5 or so

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:19 AM
graham fumbles and recorvers.

UNH 1st 10

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:21 AM
We need Boyle back to take punts.

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:23 AM
3 and out for UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:25 AM
3rd and 11 for Richmond

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:25 AM
UNH interceptsd the ball

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Interception for UNH!

TexasTerror
The defense is showing some nice signs early...

Seems each week, there are articles asking if the UNH defense is for real and I think this may be their statement game...

dwtime
1st down on Richmond 40

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Pass interfence in the endzone.

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Ball almost makes the catch in triple coverage, interference Richmond

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:28 AM
holding UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:29 AM
2nd and 14 for UNH

TheTribeHasSpoken
BTW-Thanks for the audio links site. I'm currently listening to 3 games:)

dwtime
another catch for Ball 3rd and9

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:30 AM
FG try for UNH

TexasTerror
UNH trying to start their streak again of scoring TDs in the red zone...

UNHWildCats
Manning misses bad. Richmond ball

dwtime
ouch bad kick, ugly

89Hen
October 7th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Score please?

TheTribeHasSpoken
October 7th, 2006, 11:33 AM
3-0 UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:34 AM
nice pass for Richmond, guy was wide open ist down on UNH 26

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:37 AM
2nd and 8 for Richmond

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:37 AM
incomplete 3rd and 8

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:38 AM
huge fumble on the snap big loss

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:38 AM
snapped way over his head, 4th down now on the 38 they have to punt

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:39 AM
nice coverage on the punt, UNH pinned back to the 4 yard line, lets see what the O can do with that..........

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:40 AM
nice punt coverage for Rich UNH 1st 10 from the 4

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Kachert takes a pass for a 1st down to the UNH 22

spdram
October 7th, 2006, 11:41 AM
sure hope our center gets back soon

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:41 AM
3rd and 1 for UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:42 AM
richmond d has come as advertised 4th down UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM
1st down Richmond now at their 48

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM
big run by hightower to the UNH 24

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:46 AM
2nd and 9

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:47 AM
almost intercepted by UNH 3rd and 9 now

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:48 AM
TD richmond, should have been holding call

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:49 AM
7- 3 Richmond

spdram
October 7th, 2006, 11:49 AM
hold on who, I didn't see one, but the nesr INT by UNH was caused by a hold on the receiver--couldn't reach the spot

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Graham takes it out to the 39, 1st and 10 UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:51 AM
offsides richmond, 1st and 5 UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:52 AM
pass to Levan 1st down UNH at the 41

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:53 AM
incomplete 2nd down at richmond 41

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Kachert gets 6 3rd and 4.

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Santos runs close to the 1st down

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:54 AM
1st down UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Ball drops a TD, thats two dropped TDs for UNH..........ugh

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:56 AM
3rd and 7 for UNH

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 11:57 AM
48 yd FG for Manniung

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:57 AM
coverage sack for Richmond, another fg try wow they actually made this one 48 yarder. 7-6 Richmond

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM
pretty much Hightower is the Richmond offense, need to key on him.

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:01 PM
15 yard catch for Richmond, 1st down

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
short gain, 2nd down and 8

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
3rd and 8

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:03 PM
jeez UNH had him for a sack and makes a big completion for a 1st down

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Completion, 1st down at the 27

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
UNH doesn't have much D again today, gotta get their heads together and make plays

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
encroachment UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:05 PM
two offsides for UNH must be a good hard count

AppGuy04
Hightower to the 20

another offsides on UNH

dwtime
Richmond scores, no UNH D.................

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Richmond TD run

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Looks like the real UNH D is starting to show

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:08 PM
UNH starts at the 35 after kickoff out of bounds

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Santos to Ball, 1st down

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Santos/UNH/Richmond
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7-6 Richmond as half time approaches. Santos looks impotent against a good defense. Richmond has little offense with freshman QB, should just let Hightower carry ball. Neither team loking like a Top 20 team.

AppGuy04
Completion to ball, first down

dwtime
Santos sacked

AppGuy04
Sack

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Completion to the 44, 3rd and 11

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM
another big tackle for Richmond, they are tackling very well 4th down UNH

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:11 PM
TO, 2 seconds

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Hail Mary incomplete

flag on the play

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Holding on UR, repeat down

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:14 PM
another Hail Mary, incomplete

dwtime
1st half over 14-6 Richmond

AppGuy04
Halftime

UR 14
UNH 6

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2006, 12:15 PM
So what does McDonnell say to his team at the half?

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 12:17 PM
So what does McDonnell say to his team at the half?
Block

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:29 PM
and tackle

tribe_pride
October 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM
and catch

ccd494
October 7th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Does CN8 keep booting anyone else?

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:37 PM
3rd down and about 2 for Richmond

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:38 PM
yes some D finally, 3 and out for Richmond

BigApp
October 7th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Wow! I read 2 message boards and not one single person has picked Richmond to win! Most seem to think that the game is going to very lopsided. Maybe I should call them and tell them to save their money and start planning for Rhody. I'm a homer and I love great defenses so I'm going to pick Richmond in a close one. This IS going to be a great game!

read the MMB and look for my weekly thread (5 Games I'm Keeping an Eye On). Or, if its easier, I'll copy and paste it on this site too.

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Kackert will have a 1400 yard rushing season before hes done at UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Kachert gets hit hard after 4 yards

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Nice Santos run for about 9 yards

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Kachert close to 1str down

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:45 PM
getting a bad feed ,whats happening?

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:46 PM
getting a bad feed ,whats happening?

same here, keeps buffering

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 12:46 PM
TOUCHDOWN DAVID BALL NEW NCAA DIV I RECORD

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:47 PM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: TD Ball!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

dwtime
TD Ball! he breakes the record, 51 TD's woohoo!

spdram
congrats to Ball and UNH for the record

FUwolfpacker
October 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Congrats to Mr. Ball! Boooo to CN8! It cut off on my computer right before the pass to Ball!!! I was sad:(

AppGuy04
October 7th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Congrats to Mr. Ball! Boooo to CN8! It cut off on my computer right before the pass to Ball!!! I was sad:(

same here, horrible feed today

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Richmond loses ball on kicoff but cover start deep in their territory

Ram Ball
October 7th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Congrats to Mr. Ball!!

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 12:52 PM
another stop for New Hampshire

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 01:05 PM
TD RETURN UNH flag on the play

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 01:05 PM
TD RETURN UNH flag on the play play stands

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:12 PM
2nd and 9 Richmond on the UNH 30

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Richmond 1st down on the UNH 10

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM
2nd down and goal from the 9

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM
3rd and goal from the 9

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:16 PM
lost feed again.....grrrr

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:18 PM
20-17 Richmond gets a field goal

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
7 yard pass to Levan, 2nd and 3

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
1st down Santos on a run

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:21 PM
pass to Levan for a 1st down UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Kachert with a run for about 4, 2nd down

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Santos runs for a 1st down

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:23 PM
big screen pass to Levan to the Richmond 6. 1st down

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:25 PM
bad snap, Santos loses yardage3rd down

UNHWildCats
TD CATS

dwtime
TD Loring for UNH he was wide open!

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:26 PM
UNH up 27-17

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
7:57 left

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
big time saack big loss

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Cory Dix, big 15 yard sack for UNH

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Richmond loses yardage on a screen 3rd and a mile

UNHWildCats
another interception for UNH

dwtime
intercetion UNH woohoo!

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:32 PM
2nd down UNH under 5 min to play

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
timeout for Richmond, big punt for UNH need to get it away. 3:39 left

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 01:35 PM
UNH to stay #1 but 2 questions answered today.

1 )Santos nothing special against a good D1 defense...sacked 5 times.

2 ) Richmond not a Top 20 team....QB not good is an understatement

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:36 PM
kicker gets knocked down but no flag? must have been an acting job.

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
sack for UNH

jennifer03878
October 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
UGGHHHHH TV coverage just crapped out......

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2006, 01:38 PM
big sack.

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Richmond 2nd timeout with 2:55 left

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:40 PM
1st down richmond

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:43 PM
timeout UNH, 1:51 left

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 01:44 PM
UNH rfecovers fumble

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM
fumble!!!!!

UNH recovers, put it in the books baby!

jennifer03878
October 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM
OK.. everyone, we can FINALLY breath!!!!

Great game by both teams and great win by the Cats. Congrats to David on finally getting the record to himself

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
UNH to stay #1 but 2 questions answered today.

1 )Santos nothing special against a good D1 defense...sacked 5 times.

2 ) Richmond not a Top 20 team....QB not good is an understatement

your observation is pathetic xidiotx xidiotx

spdram
October 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Congrats to the Cats!

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM
it wasn't pretty but we will take it. Richmond plays real good defense and still gives up 27 points......

matfu
October 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM
the best news is that this game showed new hampshire is not unbeatable. they could win it all however (obviously). they did what they had to do today to win. congrats!

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Congrats to both teams, great game!

What to do in my poll with Richmond? They played tough against the #1 team, do they deserve to drop because of that? Hmmmmm...

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Congrats to both teams, great game!

What to do in my poll with Richmond? They played tough against the #1 team, do they deserve to drop because of that? Hmmmmm...

Depends on what the teams right ebhind them do, if they play close to eiother winning or losing its tough to drop richmond but at the same point even if the otehers are impressive this week Richmond shouldnt drop that much

Tod
October 7th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Depends on what the teams right ebhind them do, if they play close to eiother winning or losing its tough to drop richmond but at the same point even if the otehers are impressive this week Richmond shouldnt drop that much

Yeah, have to wait to see how all the teams play. :nod:

DTSpider
October 7th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Tough loss today for UR. 4 turnovers (one returned for a TD) but still hung close. UNH's defense played really well in the bend but don't break & cause turnovers. Eric Ward played like a freshman (4 to's) but hopefully he'll improve.

I'm lookng forward to seeing UNH & JMU next week as well. However, how did UNH get UR, JMU & UMass all at home this year?

DTSpider
October 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
it wasn't pretty but we will take it. Richmond plays real good defense and still gives up 27 points......

To be fair, only 20 scored on the defense & UNH had a short field a couple of times due to the turnovers.

dwtime
October 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM
To be fair, only 20 scored on the defense & UNH had a short field a couple of times due to the turnovers.

true DTSpider but UNH dropped two easy TD's would have made the score 38-17, no question Richmond played good D though but it wasn't like they held UNH to under 10 points.

DTSpider
October 7th, 2006, 02:09 PM
true DTSpider but UNH dropped two easy TD's would have made the score 38-17, no question Richmond played good D though but it wasn't like they held UNH to under 10 points.

Holding UNH to 20 is like holding everyone else to under 10 :nod:

UNH is a great team and I definitely think deserving of the #1 ranking. Hopefullly we'll play well enough from here to be able to join you in the playoffs.

UNHFootballAlum
October 7th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Richmond ois a very good team and you have enough weapons to make the playoffs.

GSUSpider
October 7th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Richmond outgained New Hampshire in both passing and rushing. NH had 181 through the air and 121 on the ground. UR had 218 through the air and 179 on the ground. However, if you turn the ball over 4 times against UNH you arent going to win, period! It doesnt matter who you are. Nonetheless, great game all around, great fans and congrats David Ball. Hopefully, we'll be seeing you guys again. Good luck against JMU next week.

JMU2004
October 7th, 2006, 04:49 PM
good game.....The UR fans were more vocal than the entire UNH crowd. At least is sounded that way on CN8. Good showing by UR fans

bandl
October 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM
After watching this game (see my comments earlier...I wasn't convinced of what kind of team UR has), I will say that I am convinced that UR is for real. UNH is just a little bit better. And ****...JMU has to play BOTH of them this season. *****.

Wildcat Country
October 7th, 2006, 06:59 PM
good game.....The UR fans were more vocal than the entire UNH crowd. At least is sounded that way on CN8. Good showing by UR fans

Are you serious? You obviously weren't at the game.

UNHknowledge
October 7th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Great Game! I was there. Loved every second of it. Richmond has a terrific defense and a pretty sufficiant offense. UR fans should give your QB more credit, he made some great throws. You must remember UNH defense led the country in takeaways last year. Today's win was very impressive to me because the offense didn't play great today (2 dropped TD's, 5 sacks given up, missed field goal), and still pulled out a 10 pt victory vs. the #7 team in the country. Anyone that doesn't think UNH deserves their #1 ranking is flat out haaaating.

DTSpider
October 7th, 2006, 09:25 PM

The tv camera (or the sound pick up) must have been right behind the UR crew. On tv the Richmond fans were very loud. They got a lot of air time as well.

DTSpider
October 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Great Game! I was there. Loved every second of it. Richmond has a terrific defense and a pretty sufficiant offense. UR fans should give your QB more credit, he made some great throws. You must remember UNH defense led the country in takeaways last year. Today's win was very impressive to me because the offense didn't play great today (2 dropped TD's, 5 sacks given up, missed field goal), and still pulled out a 10 pt victory vs. the #7 team in the country. Anyone that doesn't think UNH deserves their #1 ranking is flat out haaaating.

Thanks. Hopefully we'll play well the rest of the year.

JMU2004
October 8th, 2006, 02:49 AM

lol....I said I was watching from TV, and the UR guys were MUCH LOUDER over the TV

all I heard from UNH was the same stuff Cap'n'Cat was talking about last year!!! Not too much class up in New Hampshire

Take it easy on us next week...... Based on today, UNH by 28

OxSoxUNH05
October 8th, 2006, 08:59 AM
lol....I said I was watching from TV, and the UR guys were MUCH LOUDER over the TV

all I heard from UNH was the same stuff Cap'n'Cat was talking about last year!!! Not too much class up in New Hampshire

Take it easy on us next week...... Based on today, UNH by 28

Sure thing, We'll show you some class and keep it to right around 50